[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 24

File: Caine the Lawn Chair.png (445KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Caine the Lawn Chair.png
445KB, 500x358px
Previous thread: >>53484143
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-april-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-purr-fect-start-for-monarchies-of-mau-monday-meeting-notes/
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>Question:
What are some clever ways of implementing Mages in your games without them diluting everything?
>>
>>53509873
As NPCs or PCs? Because NPCs play and act as you want them to act so unless you want them to stir shit they won't stir shit
>>
>werewolf
>yiffing is banned
why even bother
>>
>>53510105
You poor mutt

Best put yourself down
>>
Would you give this Chronicle a chance? It sounds rather silly, but maybe it could be enjoyable if all players are onboard with it.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1097918-undertale-like-chronicle
>>
>>53509873
>What are some clever ways of implementing Mages in your games without them diluting everything?
Have them pursue loftier goals so that the PCs are by and large under their radars.

I ran a VtR game where a Tremere Lich briefly crossed paths with the PCs at an Ordo meeting, but he didn't care about any of the city politics, only where to find the final syllable of an Abyssal entity's True Name.
Once he sussed out where that was, he promptly left (after wrecking the room with Matter arcana)
>>
>>53510392
>undertale-like-chronicle
Hard pass. I like Undertale alright, but it has a pretty obnoxious fanbase.
>>
>>53509873

Fixer, Secret Master, Force of Supernature, Researcher of your splat/faction, Informant, Client, Secret Backer, and that's just off the top of my head.
>>
Best Path for a Mage who uses healing magic using old style pharmaceuticals
>>
>>53511145
Agreed on the fanbase, but what about the idea for the story as described in the thread? The OP doesn't want to do a carbon copy, just a thematic adaption.
>>
>>53511340
>using old style pharmaceuticals
You're just going to kill them doing that.
However as a symbol, old-fashioned tribal shit probably resonates with Thyrsus.
>>
>>53511347
Nah. Don't like it.
>>
>>53511340
Thyrsus with Matter.
>>
File: 1495046252756.jpg (168KB, 828x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1495046252756.jpg
168KB, 828x1170px
Can friendship bloom between a Thearch and Libertine?
>>
>>53509873
>best way to do mages.
As npcs? Aloof and awkward. Recently awoken and only knowing starting spells but won't use them because their mentors have put the fear of paradox in them
>>
>>53511795
Easily.
The Libertines owe EVERYTHING to the Thearchs.
It was they who convinced the rest of the Diamond orders of the worth of the newly formed Free Council, and ended the Nameless War.

They were thick as thieves as well! Until the Libertines fucked it all up in Operation Oracle.

Still, I can certainly see Thearchs making friends with Libertines. The Awakened are one nation, after all, and really the Libertines need all the help they can get ensuring their democratic system works for the benefit of all.
>>
>>53511946
Is relation between Silver Ladder and FC similar to that of Invictus and Carthians(when not at war at each other and just fighting each other through legal means for leadership) or is it more snobs vs slobs dynamic?
>>
Vague idea for a plot hook: an Iris suddenly opens within Consilium grounds, and from it comes something that looks like a sophisticated Golem of unknown origins. Attempts at using Knowing spells on it result in the Mages' senses going haywire. After some questioning, it is revealed that this Golem escaped the Fall Of Atlantis, but doesn't remember how. It has no idea how to adapt to the modern world, but may contain invaluable secrets about Atlantis and other Mysteries. Too bad it seems more preoccupied with doing menial services, telling jokes and pointing out the flaws in your ideas.

Where would you take this plot hook?
>>
>>53512134
to the garbage can
>>
>>53511998
Neither, their relationship is more complex than that.

Both Orders care deeply for Sleepers, both Orders want people to Awaken and to topple the Exarchs. Both care about and see the use in organised Mages cooperating and working together.

However the Thearchs think in terms of leaders, Sages whose wisdom and knowledge shall lead the Awakened people. They ignore culture, gender, sex, and dismiss religion (ultimately) as hogwash.

Meanwhile the Council clings to Democracy with every fiber of their being. They entrust everything to it, and are staunchly proud of how sometimes nothing gets done because they can't all agree.

When there's a cause and a will, they're best of friends.
When there's dissent, the Thearchs are annoyed at how the Libertines squabble.
Where there's unrecognised authority, the Libertines get annoyed that the Thearch is ordering them around.

tl;dr
Thearchs love Libertines, so long as they can get over themselves.
Libertines love Thearchs, so long as they don't give them orders.
>>
>>53512134
Out back and shoot it in the head.
That is utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>53510105
Use birth control. Duh. Assuming you're straight.
>>
>>53512596
Do they have knot-condoms? Or pills that work on werewolves?
>>
>>53512552
Thanks for explaining mate. And how do relationship between FC and SL and other orders look if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>53512154
>>53512566
I dunno, I like the idea of a sapient magical construct with powerful secrets being transported from Atlantis into the modern day. But maybe make the Golem more mysterious and manipulative? Whoever sent him had a goal in mind, but the transportation damaged its programming and now it thinks it knows better than its deceased masters.
>>
>>53512637
Within the Diamond, everything ostensibly is pretty simple. They've cooperated for centuries. Arrow protect, Mystagogues research, Thearchs organise, and Guardians... Guard.
In truth, it's much more complicated than that. Orders have conflict within themselves, and between each other. And that's before you even get into the realm of Consiliums and the Caucuses that involve several Consiliums.

When you take that system, and add the Free Council, you see it as an alliance. The Council has no place within the Diamond, and they wouldn't want it any other way. The Consilium to them is useful only when it makes an order it can enforce, or they like what it says.

Both rally against the Seers, Banishers, and the Scelestus.
They share knowledge and aid, because they know both of them benefit from it, and conflict is meaningless.
But they're essentially like two sovereign states, one comprised of certain larger organs, and the other a roiling mass of groups constantly shouting at each other.

Really, the indiviual Order books, and even the simple "what do we think of everyone else" sections in each Order's write-up in 2e are really helpful for specific order-to-order relations.
>>
>>53512700
Garbage can man here
I didn't actually mean it, was only joke
>>
>>53512700
Dude, they've gone to extreme lengths to make Atlantis no longer a "place".
It exists at no point on the timeline. It was excised from reality with the Fall.
All ruins of its existence in reality are scattered, taking refuge in various civilizations.

Introducing a Golem, what's more a thinking, remembering Golem who you for some reason need to play his silly game.
I can honestly not see it getting more than a couple of sentences out before the Hierarch orders its memory banks raided by the first available Mage with enough Mind proficiency.

But really dude. The game is about hunting down ancient obscured mysteries referencing the half-lost, fragmented nature of the reality-that-was.
And then you dump Mr Robot on the front lawn, who will tell you things, but first you've got to show him those goat videos on Youtube and teach him to play Overwatch.

What's more, even if he does have an agenda?
It's an unknown variable in a Consilium.
It's going to be taken apart piece by piece (and they won't give a shit because it's not human) until they find out what it is, why it's there, and get every single Arcane Beat they can get out of its Chasis.
>>
>>53512745
Yup I looked up stereotypes but wanted some pointers before I read the books. My vtr players are trying to convince me to give mage a run but I'm still kinda resistant
>>
>>53512848
Well, when you put it like that, it really does not make sense.

I guess I can use a modified Somnia Draconis (from Night Horrors - The Unbidden). That should be more in line with 2ED lore.
>>
>>53512134

The Golem didn't come from an Iris, it was discovered in the basement of an unpopular mystagouge who finally passed at the age of 113.

The Golem is in fact a relic of the time before. It is full of faulty, contradictory, incomplete or just outright wrong information, as is typical of pre-fall relics. It can still teach the rotes that were used in it's creation, and it might have an actually accurate insight sometimes.

However, it is, at the end of the day, a malfunctioning, menial servant. Not a death machine or keeper of great knowledge.

Conflict over it's fate could kick of a storyline. Should it be scrapped or fixed? Can it be scrapped or fixed safely? And for the love of god, can someone keep it away from those damn sleeper kids?
>>
File: The Batter.jpg (142KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
The Batter.jpg
142KB, 730x1095px
Virtue: Implacable
Vice: Sanctimonious
Aspiration: Purify The World

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 4, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 5, Manipulation 4, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 1, Medicine 1, Occult 3, Investigation 5, Athletics (Running) 4, Brawl 3, Survival 2, Weaponry (Baseball Bat) 5, Expression (Zealot) 2, Intimidation (Single-Minded) 5, Persuasion 4, Subterfuge (Hide Motivations) 5

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Single-Minded), Direction Sense 1, Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Single-Minded), Trained Observer 3, Greyhound 1, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Iron Will 2, Table Turner 1, Armed Defense 4, Defensive Combat 1 (Weaponry), Light Weapons 4, Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2)

Health: 13 (Size 5)
Willpower: 24
Defense: 9
Initiative: 12
Speed: 30 (Species Factor 21)
Potency: 8

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>53512552
>>53511998
>>53511946

Relations between the Silver Ladder and Free Council are just fine. It's relations between the Mysterium and Free Council that cause problems.

It takes an inexhaustible supply of patience and tolerance for Mystagogues to endure the Libertine love of those filthy, pancyrptia-causing Sleeper monkeys.
>>
>>53513249
Dread Powers: Immortal, Know Soul, Natural Weapon 1 (Baseball Bat), Nothing But The Mission*, Numen (Aggressive Meme, Blast, Legion, Seek, Speed), Purification*, Reality Stutter, Regenerate 3, Surprise Entrance

*Nothing But The Mission: The Batter is to be treated as if he was a God-Machine Angel for the purposes of his Aspiration. In other words, any supernatural means of making him abandon it automatically fail. He is also treated as having Eidetic Memory, Natural Aptitude, Total Control, Liar’s Tongue and Spoofing (use Composure + Subterfuge).

*Purification: The Batter has Influence 5 (Purity). The effects of this Influence are up to the ST. However, the following effects are free: he can see and interact with all frequencies of Twilight, his attacks cause supernatural damage, and when he Purifies a place, there can be no Anchor, Infrastructure or Resonant Conditions there (but may cause the Open Condition for certain Abyssals).

Ban: The Batter must have the approval of a higher entity, force or group to progress with purification. Higher in this case does not necessarily mean supernatural or more ethical.

Ban: The Batter cannot use his Influence on a place without first killing the most important creature representative of that place. If he does so, then the purification occurs without him either taking an action or spending any Willpower.

Ban: The Batter cannot compromise or deal with problems indirectly; if the Batter gets into a fight, he must Go For Blood.
>>
>>53513158
That's exactly what I had in mind! You expressed it much better than I could. May I quote you on the Onyx Path forums?
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/memorial-day-nonnotes-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>53513306

sure
>>
Is it me or would Mr.World from American Gods make great Ochemata of Mamon?
>>
So how do you adapt a salubri for play in requiem?
>>
>>53515106
play v20
>>
>>53515106
And why do you want salubri in requiem?
>>
This triggers the werefags
>>
>>53515311
>and then she got raped
>>
>>53515311
>magefag trying to cover up his lust for the knot
>>
Question about veiling magic and getting around it.

My players have been running around with veiling spells on to great effect and I want to pull the rug out from under them in a way they don't expect. Would a knowing spell that detects the movement of air currents or the presence of the dandruff fungus work as an indirect way of determining if someone is there.
>>
File: rf212rfvhab.png (175KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rf212rfvhab.png
175KB, 500x281px
>>53515467
>magefags are even more tsundere for vampfags than they are for werefags
Just claiming what's rightfully ours
>>
>>53515620
I prefer vampires too
>>
>>53515606
Would sonar work?
>>
File: 1494175110466.gif (935KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494175110466.gif
935KB, 400x300px
>>53515620
>implying vampfags deserve mage boipucci
Get out
>>
Do you like using your own city as a game setting?
>>
Speaking of boipucci, would anything interesting happen if a woof and a mage mated?
>>
Running a Hunter game, trying to think of a good name for a cozy town or city with a dark undercurrent.
Something like Castle Rock, Twin Peaks, Gravity Falls. The sorta vibe those shows and what not were going for.
>>
>>53516638
Hope Falls is a good one.
>>
>>53515680
Maybe?
>>
>>53516875
Well what kind of veiling spells are they using?
>>
>>53516638
Peace Valley
Cherrywood
Ringwood Bluff
Wingman's Pass
>>
>>53516495
Both cities I've lived in wouldn't be so good.

>Toms River, NJ
Shit-ass suburbs, too rural for vamps and too urban for woofs.

>Tübingen, DE
all students, but urban ENOUGH for there to be something here, I guess. Would be sort of boring, though.
>>
>>53516638
Have it be a town that changed its name in memory of some girl that went missing around there under mysterious circumstances or something, and that would mark the start of whatever dark stuff happened. Before that it was named something innocuous. Reason for the name change is that the thing responsible for the dark stuff is in a position of power and basically wanted to gloat.

Sorry if that's kind of specific, but it's hard to create a subtle atmosphere without context.
>>
>>53517771
No such thing as too urban for werewolves. Ever heard of Glass Walkers?
>>
>>53517771
>Ignoring the glorious Mage or Hunter potential.
>Ignoring the glorious Demon potential
>>
>>53518102

What do they want in a suburb that's only known for retirement homes and consistently voting republican?

>>53518430
>implying anyone I know plays any of those

There are bigger German Unis to use - Heidelberg, for example - and I met enough ex-marine gun nuts who believe in conspiracy theories in Toms River to want to pretend to be one in my free time.
>>
I'm beginning to think that, barring the Weaver and/or Wyrm conveniently placing themselves in claw's reach as per Apocalypse, the only way to save Gaia is to wipe out humanity. In as quick and painless a way as possible, so it doesn't empower the Wyrm too much. I'm thinking that the right kind of magical disease might do the trick.
>>
>>53514642
definitely. As would most others of the new gods
>>
>>53518926
That's exactly what the Ratkin are trying to do.
>>
>>53516495

I live in one of the counties surrounding Philly. I'm fortunate that Hunter gives me some stuff to work with for whatever gameline I favor, but Unfortunately I favor Mage, and the info in there was less than helpful. Hunters know jack and shit about Mage Politics or society aside from a few fringe apostates.

I've decided Philly is very much a Free Council town, in terms of Pentacle Politics. The issue with this is they don't seem to be able to get their shit together or present strong leadership, but most local mages like the "hands off approach." One place they're not afraid to flex their muscles, though, is in the periodic pogroms against local Seers.

So there are a few different mysteries I have set up. First off, a few weeks of in game time after I start the chronicle, every mage in Camden will just be gone. Seer or Pentacle, Independent or Banisher, they just all vanish as if they were never there, except for a few who were out of town at the time.

In fact, it's as if they never were. Which should freak the players out as I intend for them to know a few Camden Mages who will have vanished.

There's already the persistent mystery of the "Wonder Factory," the nickname for whatever phenomena causes minor to medium sized mysteries to spring up unbidden from time to time. This is why the Mage population is already in place.

But that doesn't have the existential ass-clenching terror that the small Consillium across the bridge just disappearing should bring.

I'm not sure where I want to take that idea or what's behind it. I'm currently leaning towards an Abyssal version of Infrastructure commandeered by Hunters who ended up erasing all the major supernaturals in Camden.

Previous games in Philly have mentioned "The Hunter Question," but I really want them in the face of the one splat that might actually favor them on principle.
>>
I asked this is the prior thread, but it was already pretty dead by then so I figure I'll try here. Is there a canon source that gives any detail on how the Qashmallim interact with the God Machines angels / unchained?
>>
>>53518769
There are only a handful of things more wyrm tainted than republicans.
>>
>>53519873
>black_furies.jpg
>>
>>53519922
I think that the only tribe that would approve of anything about the Republicans is the Shadow Lords, and even then, it'd be respect with enmity.
>>
>>53519608
>a few weeks of in game time after I start the chronicle, every mage in Camden will just be gone

Now, if you made Camden itself disappear, that would truly be a blow against the Abyss.
>>
>>53519873
>There are only a handful of things more wyrm tainted than republicans.

The Syndicate and NWO are not amused.
>>
>>53519873
Like Democrats, for one.
>>
>>53520037

You know Camden was once actually a pretty upscale place? There's some nice parts but the way the city is set up there's no way to not pass a crack house.
>>
>>53520181
Egypt used to be a pretty big deal too, and look at them now
>>
>>53518926
Isn't that kind of behavior what drove the weaver mad to begin with? And is really just solving a problem by treating the symptoms instead of actually solving it?
>>
>>53520296
Well, killing the Corrupter Wyrm would be optimal, but it seems like a good idea to weaken it first by getting rid of its greatest catspaws. As for the Weaver... that's trickier, given that its destruction would probably cause the universe to collapse.
>>
>>53520511
I bet those wizards could fix it, to hear the mages tell it at least
>>
>>53520576
The most powerful mage faction is in the Weaver's pocket, so that's no good.
>>
>>53520951
But the most powerful of mages aren't in any of the two main factions.
>>
Is there a good way to make a werewolf campaign that doesn't just devolve into "go there, kill the dudes?"
I'm trying to think of interesting ways to run it, but I dunno
>>
>>53521063
The strongest mages in the Traditions / Conventions have never gone above 6 - 7 dots in their respective Spheres.

The ones having gone beyond that are citizens of the cosmos. Exemplars, Oracles and actual gods.
>>
>>53518926

'Wipe out humanity'/'Magical Disease' are two very simple ways of putting massive problems. Probably on the level with 'cure world hunger' or 'establish world peace'.

The Impergium is over for good reason. Killing mankind is both A) Impossible and B) will bring every splat down on the Werewolves, and there's far too few of them to win that war.

>>53520951

I think it's disingenuous to say the Technocracy are in the hands of the Weaver in the same way saying the Vampires serve the Wyrm.

The Wyrm and Weaver have explicit servants in Banes/Fomori/Ananasi etc. - Mages don't serve spirits, they serve the established forces of the universe (Creation/Establishment/Destruction) which the Weaver/Wyrm/Wyld in turn embody.

That's an important distinction, and the Werewolf mythology/philosophy is an imperfect way of seeing the actual world of darkness.
>>
>>53521637
>and B) will bring every splat down on the Werewolves
Only if your Storyteller is a douchebag, because oWoD splats cross over extremely poorly, both in terms of cosmology and power level. Or, rather, Mage crosses over poorly with everything else; Werewolf and Vampire are tolerable together. That, too, is why I speak of mages as being owned by the Weaver; in the Mage cosmology, mages are the only people who matter and it's pointless to talk about the goals of anyone else.
>>
>>53519805
I just handwave the quashmallim as an extension of the god machine.
>>
>>53521221
You can discuss about what dudes they're going to kill and why they should kill them. The relationship between werewolves is one of the better parts of the setting, it's full of intrigue.
>>
>>53516495
Nah. I live in a city of almost 90,000. There would be MAYBE two vamps total.

I'm about 45 minutes from Boston, so I doubt any wolves would be hanging around. There would probably be a few mages, but if they were here, they'd be on their way north, where all the history is.

Honestly if there was gonna be anything spooky going on around here, it would have to be Changeling or Demon. Monsters wouldn't like a city where everyone is packed together like a tuna can.
>>
>>53521828
maybe in addition to me-smashing your way through the world, you could be doing political campaigning to unify the garou or something. That way it wouldn't be all combat all the time
>>
>>53519805
Page 135 of Demon ST guide
>>
>>53521637
>I think it's disingenuous to say the Technocracy are in the hands of the Weaver in the same way saying the Vampires serve the Wyrm.

Well, most vampires *do* serve the Wyrm in some fashion. It's just that they don't know they're doing it.

Even a single vampire's presence expands the influence of the Wyrm. Every drop of blood forcibly taken, every mortal left exsanguinated, every murder, every "shortcut" taken is a gateway for the Wyrm's influence.

Now of course, from an outsider perspective we know that vampires don't *have* to be corrupt or tainted, and that there are ways to overcome their inherent Wyrm-taint.

That said, the werewolves don't care and will kill the vampires on sight regardless, and the vampires themselves who are in the know either don't care or they are actively trying to help the Wyrm (or it's other agents) for profit, power or shits and giggles.
>>
>>53522165
There are two "buts" I'd add to this. Firstly, vampires with Humanity 7 or higher don't spread the Wyrm's influence any more than regular humans would. Secondly, while the Sabbat is lousy with taint, the Sabbat despises infernalism, and Sabbat members who can be shown the link between infernalists and the Wyrm would probably be willing to help fight servants thereof, at least vampiric ones.
>>
You have five seconds to justify the existence of the Curse in Apocalypse from an OOC standpoint.
>>
>>53522556
God is dumb
>>
How exactly playing as a sindicate technocrat works?
>>
>>53522818
Depends which Methodology you are, and what stage of the Metaplot it is.

However ultimately, you're all about the bottom line.
Acquire resources where you can, invest them where necessary.

The free market is your greatest tool, and mankind's greatest hope for the future.
It is your solemn duty to protect it, shape it, guide it, and live like a king off of it.
>>
>>53522818
You're a really rich power-broker, probably high ranked in Sleeper business concerns acting as an agent of the Technocracy.

You run a discrete "Research and Development" company that actually supplies equipment to MiBs.

You use statistics and economics to predict the future probabilistically [Sphere of Time] or just use standard Techie equipment.

Etc.
>>
File: Mr._Krabs_as_a_Wizard.png (706KB, 520x674px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Krabs_as_a_Wizard.png
706KB, 520x674px
>>53522818
>>
>>53522914
>You use statistics and economics to predict the future probabilistically [Sphere of Time]
Or Entropy, to collapse potential futures into the one you want, and pretend that was likely to happen all along.
>>
>>53521895
Thanks man.
>>
>>53522818

You familiar with the butterfly effect? Basically like that. You mathematically model what kind of subtle changes could cause whatever you want to happen to happen when you want it to happen and you set events in motion to ensure the desired result occurs.
>>
Does anyone else think it's utterly retarded that the Syndicate (in the revised Convention books) calls Paradox "Market Correction"?
>>
>>53523319
Technocrats usually call Paradox "Malfunctions" don't they?
>>
>>53523468
In the original book, they just called it Paradox.

However in the newer Convention books, most other Conventions call it Statistical Inevitability, or just "Paradox" for Void Engineers.

It's really pretty hamfisted, and only half-justified through the NWO enforcing linguistic control to attempt to help maintain order.
>>
>>53522894
>>53522914
>>53523125

Sounds tons of fun. I wish i had people to play Mage with.
>>
>>53523468

They call it the Paradox Effect.

Anyway, I'm looking into writing a Syndicate Campaign that pits the players against the Vatican Bank (Rogue's Gallery can include: Celestial Chorus, Inquisition, Seventh Generation remnants, NWO, Giovanni, and Lasombra, though they don't get along). Any suggestions?
>>
>>53523670
Mage is awesome if your players aren't tards.
>>
>>53524037
The average magefag is a tard
>>
>>53524075
You could say the same about any splatfag
>>
File: MIB.png (513KB, 792x639px) Image search: [Google]
MIB.png
513KB, 792x639px
What is the coolest Technocratic convention?
>>
>>53524646
Void Engineers
>>
File: Blurred Space.jpg (304KB, 1024x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Blurred Space.jpg
304KB, 1024x1371px
>>53524646
Void Engineers

No fucking question
>>
File: yzma-politically correct.jpg (40KB, 466x330px) Image search: [Google]
yzma-politically correct.jpg
40KB, 466x330px
>>53524646
>Technocrats
>Cool
>>
>>53513272
i fucking love you
>>
>>53524749
The only cool Traditions are the Order of Hermes and the Sons of Ether, you swine.
>>
>>53524646
NWO is pretty cool. VEs are a very close 2nd
>>
>>53524749
Technology > doing weird rituals all day.
>>
File: My melanin enriched brethren.jpg (28KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
My melanin enriched brethren.jpg
28KB, 680x383px
>>53524784
My fellow Etherite!
>>
>>53524844
Technology is boring ass.

Magic is much more interesting because it doesn't exist.
Far more leeway is given.
>>
>>53524903
Sorry, i can't hear you over the sound of my spaceship.
>>
>>53524920
What I like about awakening is that I can have magic spaceships.
>>
>>53523682
Sounds awesome, are you planning a heist?
>>
>>53524946
>What i like about awakening
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>53525003
lol ascension faggot

still dry humping the 90s
>>
>>53524646
Void Engineers.
Followed by the post-anomaly Progentors.

>>53524946
Fuck off and die.
Awakening has no place in space, leave that to Ascension.

And I say this as an avid Awakening player.
>>
>>53525003
>Ascension v. Awakening
>still dry humping the 90s

But there can be only one... and Awakening doesn't have nearly enough trench coats, katanas and mirror shades...
>>
>>53525156
>Fuck off and die.
>Awakening has no place in space, leave that to Ascension.
>And I say this as an avid Awakening player.
What about Infinite Macabre?
>>
>>53525218
Some of us here are barely old enough to remember the 90s.
To us, it's like playing in a historical setting, we don't feel the cringe like the rest of you old farts.
>>
>>53525250
What about turning CofD into an erotically charged sex-murder fantasy set in the 60s, where you have to roll Wisdom when you let the Werewolf fuck your wife?

Alternative settings, especially ones which are incredible departures from the source material, aren't really rleevant.
>>
>>53525257
I don't remember the 90s, but I fully acknowledge it for what it was
Living in the 80s / 90s has always been a subconscious dream of mine.

That said, bringing back a certain decade is always a noble endeavor. I can't help but think of Bioshock when I think of the 50s / 60s.

White Wolf doesn't quite know how to "bring it back" though. It's only cringey because they're so bad at it.
>>
File: wodg in a nutshell.png (818KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wodg in a nutshell.png
818KB, 1200x1200px
>>53525291
>mage
>letting a werewolf fuck your wife
>not fucking the werewolf behind your wife's back
>>
>>53525313
>White Wolf doesn't quite know how to "bring it back" though. It's only cringey because they're so bad at it.
This. I grew up on the 90s despite not actually living it.

White Wolf hasn't learned from their past mistakes.
>>
>>53525291
>erotically charged sex-murder fantasy set in the 60s
Isn't that what Mage Noir was?
>>
>>53524989

more like an Audit
>>
File: SPAAAACCCCEEEE 3.jpg (33KB, 403x186px) Image search: [Google]
SPAAAACCCCEEEE 3.jpg
33KB, 403x186px
>>53525156
>>
Anyone got a link for Mage Noir?
>>
File: Aku.jpg (216KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
216KB, 900x1165px
Type: Idigam
Attributes: Power 15, Finesse 15, Resistance 15
Willpower: 10
Essence: 240
Initiative: 15
Defense: 11
Speed: 40
Size: Varies
Corpus: 15 + [Size x 2] + Rank
Armour: 15
Manifestations: Twilight Form, Discorporate, Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Reaching, Royal Avatar, Shadow Gateway
Influences: Darkness 6, Tyranny 3
Numina: Awe, Blast, Dement, Essence Thief, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Omen Trance, Phantom Arsenal, Seek,Telekinesis
Dread Powers: Call Void Spirit, Colossus, Devourer, Elemental Fury, Crazed Evolution, Regenerate 3, Shifting, Spirit Dominion, Spirit Interrogation
Essence Shaping: Gauntlet Manipulation, Ghost Manipulation, Locus Manipulation, One Million Eyes, Spirit Manipulation
Forge Servant: Claimed, Herald, Spawn
Ban: Must show a trait of his true form no matter what disguise he takes
Bane: Jack's Magic Sword
>>
>>53510105
Gaia doesn't approve shit fetishes.
>>
>>53526069
In the trove my dude.
>>
>>53526235
Danke
>>
>>53526224
>>
>>53526218
Ban not being extra thicc females. 8/10 you could do better.
>>
>>53524646
Syndicate, you fuckers don't know about investing, you dumb assholes.
>>
Any good fictional inspirations for Archmasters from the big screen or just television in general?
>>
>>53526611
Doctor Strange, despite having the worst pacing of any Marvel movie yet, is a pretty good representation of Mage. Near the end there's some high end Mage shenanigans going around.
>>
File: Dr Manhattan.jpg (80KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Manhattan.jpg
80KB, 466x700px
>>53526611

Dr. Manhattan
>>
I'm running a Hunter the Vigil story where they will deal with a cult helping a Stryx, ultimately defeating the stryx, I want to give them a nice reward, (it will end up turning into its own problem later in the story) a sword that has shadow powers, but I have no idea how to handle the it, should I use relic rules or just give the wielder a Dread Power or twot?
>>
>>53526683
Doctor Strange didn't strike me as Archmaster level though.

The mention of Agamotto and the Eye he crafted did, however.
>>
>>53526683
He does very little magic of his own in the movie. It's mostly artifact usage.
>>
>>53526611
Old man Merlin and his fabulous beard.

He actually existed in Awakening.
Ascended after fucking over Camelot, but he didn't care.
>>
>>53526724
Dread Powers were not meant to be balanced for player use, so your best bet is a powerful Relic.

Take a look at this thread to get a better feel for the Relic Creation System:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/806809-curios-relics-and-tomes
>>
>>53526842
Has someone cobbled those together into a single PDF yet?
>>
>>53526835
Actually, he created Camelot, and only Ascended when its ultimate fated ruin occured, as a necessary part of its Fate.
It was his Ascension Rite.
And it actually worked.
Which is why Arthurian Legend is symbolic for Arcadia.

Nigga remade Fate itself from its previous state as cruel and oppressive. Now it's merely tragic, with each person sowing the seeds of their own downfall.
>>
>>53527071
Didn't Merlin's ascension attract the personal attention/ire of an exarch?

Homeboy must of been a badass even before his ascension.
>>
>>53527066
I don't think so.

You can check out the signature of the creator of that thread for two more threads where they posted a bunch of Horrors and Ephemeral Beings.
>>
>>53527071
>>53527210
Merlin didn't give a shit about Camelot. Once he ascended the Exarchs erased it.
>>
>>53526611
Not really. Like, high level magic shenanigans are all over the place if thats what you're looking for. But none of it is really archamgey if you're talking awakening. They don't go on strange quests to gather the necessary materials to cast a spell and they aren't attacked by other beings of similar power if they step too far out of line either.
>>
>>53527262
He was probably not the nicest fellow but the full truth is probably unknowable due to the nature of ascension reality editing.
>>
>>53527331
No Mage is ever the nicest fellow, much less an Archmage.
>>
>>53526611
Unironically this >>53526709
An Archmage should not be barely comprehensibly human. They are more than human.
>>
How does King Arthur fit in to this?
>>
>>53527394
He was Merlin's werewolf dom
>>
>>53527394
According to the Vampire books, he was a normal human and was embraced by the vampire Morgana, after realizing what just happen that he walked into the sun and became dust.
But there's like a million version about this so I'm not sure.
>>
>>53527428
Merlin was a mage in Ascension.

And he ages backwards.
>>
>>53527439
Not sure about Mage (not my type of game) but I-m quoting the Dark Ages 20 book, appendices Ventrue, page 429 IIRC.
>>
>>53527439
>>53527458
Oh, and was talking about Arthur, not Merlin!
>>
>>53526835
>>53527071
>>53527210
>>53527331
>>53527394
In my campaign right now [oMage] he and his knights reincarnations are power players in the local setting planning to overthrow the Technocracy through conquest and social media.

There are major doubts on whether his plan will actually work.
>>
>>53527394
>White Wolf
>Thinking things like this through
Pick one
>>
>>53527410
Sounds about right
>>
Merlin sounded badass in life.

Will there be a future supplement further exploring his background?
>>
>>53527574
Incredibly unlikely.
CofD is mostly metaplot agnostic, and we've only really had one book where he's been mentioned (Imperial Mysteries)

And WoD is too busy shitting all over itself with Vampire and Werewolf to really tell us anything substantive about what they have planned for Mage.
>>
>>53527574
Wasn't there a cancelled 'King Arthur' splatbook for Awakening? They decided not to use it.
>>
File: Merlin.png (91KB, 1170x507px) Image search: [Google]
Merlin.png
91KB, 1170x507px
Merlin was a pretty cool guy
>>
Doesn't scion also have some arthurian stuff in it?
>>
>>53524646

Against the grain I'd say whatever real-world stuff you know the best. Void Engineers are fun if you know space really well. Progenitors are great if you know the cutting edge of modern medical science. Iteration X is every cool military project dialed up to 11. NWO is basically X-Files mixed with Politicking. $yndicate is number hacking up the wazoo.

The key is knowing enough about real-world stuff to make your paradigm sound hilariously awesome. If you know space, get geeky: Fusion Rockets that /work/. In the Umbra/Space, they can work so well they melt your enemies with their gigantic exhaust plume.
>>
So has there been any news on Deviant lately that I've somehow missed?
>>
>>53528082
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1032843-what-we-know-so-far-deviant-the-renegades
>>
>>53520004
>I inject my real world political opinions into everything.

Get the fuck out, retard.
>>
>>53528082
As long as it comes out after Signs & Sorcery..
>>
File: 1486731969550.jpg (66KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1486731969550.jpg
66KB, 396x396px
Could a mortal, with enough Stamina + Athletics, dodge a bullet without a supernatural trait?
>>
>>53528527
You mean enough Wits + Dexterity + Athletics. And you only apply Defense against guns at point blank range IIRC.
>>
>>53528527

Could a real life mortal dodge a bullet? No? There's your answer.
>>
>>53528420
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/947212-deviant-the-renegades/page26
Not even in the first draft.
>Despair but also despair.jpg
>>
>>53528527
I believe there is an optional rule in Hurt Locker that let's you apply defense against firearms even as a mortal at ultra close range (like under 5m)
>>
>>53528870
wasnt that a default rule in 1e?
>>
>>53528927
I honestly can't remember. I haven't run a mortals game in years so there are large gaps in my understanding.
>>
Firearms in Close Combat
Any firearm larger than Size 1 is too big to accurately shoot
someone when fists and crowbars are the order of the day. In
close combat, the target’s Defense against Firearms attacks
is increased by the gun’s (Size +1). If using a gun larger than
a pistol to bludgeon the opponent, treat it as an improvised
crowbar (see Weapon Traits, p. 268).
>>
>>53528973
how retarded is that.....to big to accurately shoot somebody? what the fuck.

Things i didnt know, running up close to a guy with a AK47 will make me harder to hit.
>>
>>53528986
idk, maybe it's their take on the '25 foot rule'. It's better than nothing to be honest guns are brutal to mortal characters.
>>
>>53528986

They're probably trying to say that, if the guy you're trying to shoot at is able to attempt to grab your gun, shove it aside, or otherwise disrupt your aim physically, it's easier to shoot him with a handgun than, say, with a hunting rifle.
>>
>>53529101
indeed, but +4 defense (for an assault rifle) on top of your own defense which is easily a min of 4. So -8 dice trying to shoot a random dude with a ak47 in close combat...Shit thats rough.
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
Why do mages want to kill The Batman?
>>
>>53529228
I really wish they just got a not shit artist with a consistent style
>>
I'm going to replay bloodlines. Clan Quest mod or something else?

Also there was a few mods that were supposed to make it more like the tabletop but I heard you just ended up getting gibbed in half the fights. Anyone remember what mods those were?
>>
>>53529153

I've never fired a gun with someone actively trying to prevent me from doing so, but I imagine it'd be relatively hard, y'know? Doesn't seem far fetched to me.
>>
>>53529276

I'm currently replaying it with the Antitribu mod - it's cool, as it let's you play as Giovanni, Setite, and all kinds of other lore-breaking shit - but christ almighty the changes the mod makes to the gameplay are terrible. Not to mention it includes the terrible, clearly-made-by-a-rape-fetishist companion mod.
>>
>>53529410
Yea I played Antitribu over a year ago. It was significantly more challenging than the base game, since combat sort of consumed the RPG aspect, particularly towards the end. So it was a decently rewarding experience.

The downsides make me not recommend it though.
>Rape Fetishist as you mentioned
>Lore breaking REEEE
>Triggering hunter attacks in the street but can't fight back without getting the cops involved
>random additional encounters, like at Kings Way
>Meme boss in Lucky Star that's 99% to gib you as soon as you start the encounter.
>Game becomes unplayable towards the end sequence. Like actually unplayable, I think it crashed after the Werewolf and Jack picks you up.

I just want the game to be hard again. And I want it to be hard in a way that doesn't involve me purposefully gimping my combat stats. I did find the P&P mod on nexusmods though so I'll try it once I'm done downloading it. I've got CQM installed as a backup if I don't like it. Honestly even if CQM is taking a long time to update and doesn't have the latest and greatest in regards to the Unofficial Patch's developments Siding with the Sabbat in the finale comes to mind I still think it's the best mod I've played so far. Weirdly, I actually cared more about Kaliyan in the twenty minutes I spent with her than 90% of all characters in every game I've ever played.

I've also done Final Nights, and I wasn't impressed. It kind of just paved over the default clans with the meme bloodlines and clans. It wasn't terribly entertaining, added a few OCs like that Assamite bookseller who's name escapes me. Hakim?, the girl in the tattoo parlor who lets you buy back Masquerade violations, and that phone faggot at the arcade named Jimmy. It was better than Antitribu imo. Hopefully P&P is more entertaining.
>>
File: niggampire.jpg (8KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
niggampire.jpg
8KB, 468x351px
I'm prepating a (non-Assamite) black ghetto vampire for our next game, I learned a bit about american black culture to roleplay him properly but I run into some rather physiological questions I find hard to get answers for (I blame SJW for it).

The question is: do black people go pale? Especially do they go pale when they die? I mean it gives a fair adavantage in masquerade covering if your skin tone does not givee your vampirism out.
>>
>>53529637
I mean, it's not really talked about as far as I know.. Might be dependent on your ST interpretation. Last I heard of this in any source is something like a ruddy, bruised coloration to the skin.

That's the best I've got unfortunately.
>>
>>53529637
Micheal Jackson did so yep.
>>
>>53529637
Might just be my racist group but they get blacker in our cannon. So really old vampires get ebony black skin.
>>
Has anyone posted Cursed Necropolis: Rio, V20 Dark Ages Companion, or Building A Legend yet?
>>
>>53529891
>Might just be my racist group but they get blacker in our cannon. So really old vampires get ebony black skin.
That's how Asssamites got it. They go black over time regardless of their original race, though (although they predminatelly embrace semites and blacks anyway).
>>
>>53529957
yes, yes, no
>>
>>53529957
Rio
https://www.anonfiles.cc/file/bb2ad5e18fef58008f8e116f8c5d08ae
>>
Now I can finally die.
>>
>>53530063

cool story bro
>>
>>53530063

Note to self: make Mummy 2e come out faster somehow, despite only being an Anon.
>>
So I'm fisnishing my 1st playthrough of Bloodlines and curious question. Werewolf in the game is this omgwtfbbq badass while the wereshark goes down like a bitch. Are woofs stronger then other changeing breeds(I would imagine so what with the war of rage but still)
>>
>>53530877
You know you can beat the woof to death if you built your character right.
>>
>>53530877
It would depend on the breed. I think a werebear would be more than a match for a werewolf.
>>
>>53530877
Yes. They were meant to be the warriors of were-folk and have the most battle-oriented Crinis form. Also their magic cam buff them even more into a combat monsters, where other werefolks remnants had lost most of their lore after the war of Wrath.

Tl:dr: wolvies are better at ripping and tearing than ther weres and over time can get even better
>>
>>53529637

I don't think so, no.

Also, please don't make some embarrassing, racist ass shit.
>>
Does anyone know how to make a Sin-Eater character? Because I haven't the faintest clue what to do for the game I've been invited into.
>>
>>53530889
Ech I just went for the puzzle. He-Who-Should-Avoid-Doors met his end that way

>>53530919
I did kinda expect werewsharks to be ocean based woofs in terms of role they play. But again guy you fight in game is a dickwad
>>
>>53530877
Technically yes, but from all the breeds the rokea is not exactly one suppose to be weak. Their purpose is basically beig sea garous.

Was really the fish-thing in bloodlines a rokea and not some kueijin weaboo monster?
>>
>>53530961
>Also, please don't make some embarrassing, racist ass shit.
I made him a ripped Toreador bodybuilder that runs a gym in downtown and prides himself as "body-sculptor" artist. I'm not an american and where I live blacks are as rare as honest politicians, so I have no idea where its racist or not.
>>
File: 1492524126247.jpg (664KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
1492524126247.jpg
664KB, 1916x796px
Do you guys have any good settings for a World of Darkness Revealed type campaign where vampires get outed to the public (because with today's technology and their drawbacks, there is no way they wouldn't)
Specifically interested in the chains of events following the revelation and social/political/economical changes that sprout from it
Bonus points if it's not USA-centric
Extra bonus points if it's specifically Euro-centric
Thanks in advance !
Pic loosely related, might be ghouls
>>
>>53529637
I think blacks do get paler when dead. It's just harder to spot.
>>
>>53530970
take boneyard, go apeshit on people.
>>
>>53531016
>Was really the fish-thing in bloodlines a rokea and not some kueijin weaboo monster?
It could even be a gangrell. In my last game local Sheriff was basically Davy Jones that turn into sharkman in his beast form.
>>
>>53531053
So basically True Blood then?
>>
>>53531084
Yes I know about True Blood and it will definitely serve as an inspiration
What I'd like is a more global look, without all the personal drama and the exclusive focus on Bumfuck Nowhere, Louisiana
Also in True Blood, vampires reveal themselves willingly because of the development of synthetic blood they can use
In VtR it's explicitly stated that synthetic blood cannot feed vampires and I'd like to keep it that way
As for the reveal, it would be mostly accidental, because of all the surveillance equipment we know have and the fact that vampires show blurred on them, and other modern constraints slowly leading to exposure
That and major events of my campaign which will occur later and make the situation take a turn for the worst (namely the Prince of Paris deciding he wants to reestablish vampiric monarchy in France)
>>
>>53529598
>>53529276
What the fuck? I'm fighting Gimble and he fucking gibbed me and took half my health after two attacks. Even with Fortitude 2.
>>
>>53531213
>namely the Prince of Paris deciding he wants to reestablish vampiric monarchy in France
Thankfully guillotine works on the vamps just fine.
>>
>>53531260
get fort 3
>>
>>53531275
His demise at the hands of the PCs (and a whole lot of others) is already planned
The guy has some serious issues and by the time he tries to pull that off he'll have lost most of his support anyway
Thanks for the idea though, having him executed by guillotine is so obvious I didn't think about it, but very elegant
>>
>>53531337
>is already planned
Did you just assume your players would follow the plot?
>>
>>53531084
>True Blood

Show got rather stale post season 4
>>
>>53531367
good thing i dropped it after the third one
>>
>>53531365
I know my players and their characters and there is absolutely no way they would back that madman, either out of personal sensibility or pure pragmatism
The particulars are still to be determined by the PCs, but he's not going to keep his throne
>>
I've been getting into some CofD lore recently, and I want to ask one thing; what the fuck is the deal with God? Is the God Machine supposed to be god, or what?

I think the God Machine is totally fucking lame in a cosmic perspective. Totally shits on the mystique vampires have.
>>
>>53531669
God is a OWoD thing.

The God-Machine is just one of the few 'almighty' aspects of CofD, the others being the Supernal and perhaps the Principal.
>>
>>53531669
Lots of people prefer to ignore the God Machine, as it makes a lot of the lore pointless
I personally use watered down gnostic theology (demiurge/monad dichotomy) in WoD because it fits the setting to a T
>>
>>53531016
From what that kuejjin cunt and demon slayer say I would assume so

>>53531377
Ech even then only thing that was worthwile was Russel imho

>>53531710
I for one think god-machine is awesome in a lovecraftian way. I enjoy adding mysteries related to it to my vtr game
>>
>>53531710
>Lots of people prefer to ignore the God Machine, as it makes a lot of the lore pointless
How, when the GM is whatever the ST wants it to be?
Most game lines have little to do with it inherently, it exists, but so do many other things, and need not be slotted in because it's there.
>>
>>53531765
>Ech even then only thing that was worthwile was Russel imho
I disagree. Lafayette was awesome.
>>
>>53531710
I'll probably do this too, I can't help but feel like everything dealing with the God Machine and how angels and demons work is so fucking lame and gay that it's unreal.

Like, I get that with the way the multiple beings have their own views on the cosmology of the universe and the fact that a lot of cultures are represented, it just sort of makes sense that the writers would make it kind of inclusive.

But holy shit, if the majority of these fucking games revolve around damned creatures and European lore, just make the leap and say that some recognizable Christian belief is correct in-universe. May as fucking well, or else the very concept of what it is to be a damned vampire is totally fucking wasted.

Just let demons be actual fucking demons too. Logical subroutines that gained consciousness fucking sucks.
>>
>>53531804
We understand you have an opinion, that is why you do not need to feature the God Machine, or demons, or whatever you want, in your game.
Unlike WoD, CofD is very plug and play, you use what you want to use. If you are offended that a thing exists, even if you need not bother or be bothered with it at any point, well... Yeah, man, you got a problem.
>>
>>53531804
Umm but God-Machine is Christian as much as cain and owod god is.
>>
>>53531829
Yeah, I do have an opinion, and I was expressing it. Congratulations on noticing that fact.

You can have your opinion too! Isn't that crazy? No need to whine at me as if I don't understand that.

Fucking hypocrite, goddamn.

>>53531839
I'm not saying literal Christianity, I'm saying relying on Christian lore. Vampires may not exist in the fucking bible but they're still heavily influenced by christian concepts right down to being said to be damned by god.
>>
>>53531867
Whoa you are preety mad about something not fiting your narrow view mate

Also vampires in cofd are not cursed by god.
>>
Anyone else blood boil the stuttering thinblood for his masquerade violation in bloodline?
>>
>>53531931
Ech I let him go. For a tremere I'm soft hearted faggot
>>
>>53531904
I'm not describing the established lore, I'm talking about what I don't like about it and presenting how I'd prefer it to be.

So you informing me that the way I think that it would work better is not represented in the lore is both correct, and also insanely dopey on your part. Pretty impressive.
>>
>>53531765
Personally I think it's a bit too cold and dispasionnate
>>53531795
See above, mathematical divinities just don't talk to me and trivialize the occult imo
I enjoy the idea of a divine and perfect mathematical principle that rules the universe, but it also seems that such a principle posessing a will and agency is illogical
If it is perfect, it cannot have any agency, because it just is, satisfies all its needs by itself and encompasses everything
And if any deviation or corruption exists, it's because it's actually not a deviation but already planned (since iy exists as part of this omnipotent entity)
The God Machine is a nice philosophical concept, but the way it's integrated in WoD makes it both perfect and imperfect, both omnipotent and impotent and that just doesn't make any sense to me
I'd rather squat it and use a mix of gnosticism and polytheism
>>53531804
You're kind of a dick about it
Maybe check out Inferno, it's got the demons you want
>>
>>53532003
The God Machine is very clearly not perfect though. It can't perceive the Supernal, it can't reach the Lower Depths of the Underworld, it can't reach Arcadia. It's very much the Admin of the Fallen World. It's powerful and you can't take it on 1v1, but you can also exploit its blind spots and glitches.
>>
>>53532035
>It's powerful and you can't take it on 1v1

inb4 archmages
>>
>>53532035
Meh then I guess it just boils down to personal taste
I find your explanation even more boring
>>
>>53532065
Yeah, it does. The GM is probably my favorite concept in nWoD. But you do you, anon. There's a ton of books and options for a reason.
>>
>>53532003
>You're kind of a dick about it
Well, I guess you're right. I'm up at 5am doing some mild drinking, so it's kind of hard for me to not use some strong language.

But that doesn't mean I deserve to have words put in my mouth by some irate fag when I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Anyway, I apologize. I'll check out Inferno.

But I don't think I'll need to outright ignore the God Machine though. It can most certainly exist without taking a dump on the setting, so long as I tell myself that it's not literally God, nor are its servants literally angels, etc. It can just be some other bizarre, powerful entity that is not necessarily what Christianity was talking about, and the cosmos can remain mysterious (Which would be my ideal state.). Just chalk it up to it being called God in the same way Native Americans are called Indians. Somebody was just fucking mistaken and the name is semantically empty.
>>
>>53532098
See >>53532035
There are Biblical Angels in the Promethean book, the GM and it's Angels are the System and Agents from the Matrix.
>>
Reminder that the God-Machine isn't the apex supreme being of CofD
>>
>>53532122
But the above anon WANTS an apex supreme being.
Which doesn't really exist in the setting, because if there is, it is so remote it may as well not exist.
>>
>>53532133
There are too many "supreme beings" really

God-Machine runs the planet
Gaia IS the planet
The Supernal defines everything that is
The Abyss defines everything that isn't
The Principal possibly being the 'source'
The Wyrd being weird
>>
>>53532152
>There are too many "supreme beings" really
That's why I preffer to play more "close to the ground" lines.
>>
>>53532133
It's not really that I want it to exist, it's that I want it to not NOT exist.

When a mysterious cosmos gets over-explained it totally loses any kind of mystery or intrigue. If a vampire is waxxing about how Cain was cursed by God and how they are fundamentally damned souls, I want there to be a question mark there that says he could be right, and that this magic bullshit might be able to be explained in that context.

But when it gets to the point where, if I've read enough the lore beating that shit to death, that I feel inclined to roll my eyes and start guessing what he's "actually" talking about there is a hell of a lot of intrigue and mysticism that just totally evaporates into something sterile. The supernatural is not fun to me when all of its systems are explained into replacing the natural.
>>
>>53532204
Masquerade has an origin

Requiem does not
>>
>>53532152
imo they all are different perceptions and aspects of the same divine principle, seen through different lenses
>>
>>53532152
>The Supernal defines everything that is

This always confused me. Wouldn't this mean that there is a Supernal version of Luna?
>>
>>53532152
And all of those are background principles.
They exist, but they do not exert influence on the world beyond being a part of it.
>>
>>53532250
>They exist, but they do not exert influence on the world beyond being a part of it.

wrong
>>
>>53532098
It's okay anon
I kind of like your semantics analysis too

Inferno is really cool on the paper, but never managed to tell a game with devil PCs
Not many people are that interested in playing true unapologetic evil, even among the worst vampire edgelords, and even fewer can play it right
>>
>>53532152
Aren't the supernal and the abyss more like parallel dimensions ? I know jack shit about Mage business because I always found that game line boring as hell too
>>
>>53532237
In 1e lore the Supernal was the "real" world, and the Fallen World was a shadow or reflection of it.
In 2e the Supernal is the engine running the Fallen Worlds program.
>>
File: cat.jpg (56KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
56KB, 960x641px
>>53532286
>>53532292
The Supernal is the collective of meaning.
The symbols within represent reality.

The symbol of cats IS 'cats'
If it's erased, cats never were.
>>
>>53532320
So the Supernal is basically an amalgam of concepts.

That's kind of cool.
>>
>>53529637

You gonna be one ashy-skinned nigga
>>
>>53532320
We need to protect the symbol of cats
>>
>>53531804

Daily reminder that Islam/Judaism/Christianity all share roots in Genesis. That's over 50% of consensus plus a good portion of atheists familiar with Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel.

For everyone else there's Kuei-Jin.
>>
>>53532816
or Setites, Ravnos and Gangrel, if you want alternate creation myths
>>
>>53532358
Pretty much. In broad strokes, Mages work by defining the relationships between those symbols. A mage with Forces might weaken the relationship between the pattern of a specific cat and the symbol of Gravity, so as to make that cat float for a while. Archmages essentially tinker with the symbols directly, perhaps shuffling some symbols of Rulership into an order beneath Cat, so as to make a world ruled by cats.
>>
>>53532863
For the last example, would that definitely change the reality we know, or would that generate an alternate universe ruled by cats ?
>>
>>53532929
The 'alternate universe' thing is but an option given for the ease of things.

It would change our reality.
>>
>>53531016
>Was really the fish-thing in bloodlines a rokea and not some kueijin weaboo monster?

It was a Same-Bito, rather than a Rokea.

Same-Bito are the asian variety of the Rokea, and they don't fear/hate going on land as much as regular Rokea, nor are they quite as helpless when it comes to acting like humans.

But yeah, Zygaena was probably a Same-Bito. Fairly weak, though.

>>53531072
>It could even be a gangrell.

If it was a Gangrel (more specifically one from the Gangrel Mariners bloodline) he would be permanently stuck in his man-fish form (and be a whole lot uglier), and thus wouldn't have been able to take a human guise. He also wouldn't really have been tolerated by Ming-Xiao (or in any Kuei-Jin territory really), instead they would just have him killed.

The reason the PC is even allowed into Chinatown is because they're basically serving as the Cainite Ambassador there.
>>
>>53532992
>If it was a Gangrel (more specifically one from the Gangrel Mariners bloodline) he would be permanently stuck in his man-fish form (and be a whole lot uglier)
Not really. Marine gangrells have an ugly "human" form with lots of "fishy" mutations and a "walking sharkmen" beast form.
>>
>>53531035

Yeah, that's fine. Just, uh, don't try to speak """""black vernacular"""""""
>>
>>53533064
>Just, uh, don't try to speak """""black vernacular"""""""
I don't know if that's even possible in my language.
>>
Looking to run a mortal game, or maybe a mage (or hunter) game. Haven't really read anything since GMC was first released, and I only read half of it. Where should I start these days if I'm trying to run a mortal campaign?
>>
>>53533148
Touch nothing but core (Chronicles of Darkness), and come up with a plot first.
>>
>>53533148
>>53533161
You can probably take a look at Urban Legends too, it's got some great plot hooks and scenarios for mortals
>>
>>53531804

OWoD has DtF if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>53532412

CATS ARE A PART OF THE LIE A BLOO BLOO BLOO

Honestly, I think of the supernal as a state of being more than anything else. Calling the things in that state "symbols" is a gross misnomer - I see them as being like the Endless.
>>
>>53531669
I personally just say that the God-Machine was created to divide the Fallen World & the Supernal, & to manage a few things behind the scenes. It's kinda touches on the Technocracy kind of stuff. But it isn't God.
>>
File: 1495210045695.jpg (112KB, 417x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495210045695.jpg
112KB, 417x464px
>>53533049
>Marine gangrells have an ugly "human" form with lots of "fishy" mutations and a "walking sharkmen" beast form.

lol wat?

That's sure as heck not canon.
>>
>>53534281
I guess he's referring to the gangrel clan weakness gaining animal features when you frenzy? I don't think those are supposed to be permanent though
>>
>>53534315
Yeah they are, after a few centuries Gangrel are basically lupines.
>>
>>53510105
Yiffing isn't banned in Forsaken 2e, if it matters that much to you.
>>
>>53511795
Sure. The Libertines and the Thearchs believe in most of the same ideals; certainly more than any other two Orders. The one thing they disagree on is equality vs. hierarchy.

If a Libertine and a Thearch want to be friends, they can either agree to focus on the things they agree on, or to keep the disagreements civil.
>>
>>53534348
>Every time a Gangrel frenzies, she
acquires a temporary animal characteristic (which
may replace an existing temporary one). A patch of
fur, a brief torpor after feeding, or skittishness around
crowds — all of these may mar an Outlander after frenzy...
>...Over time, or in an exceptional situation, a particular
animal feature may become permanent, with the
next frenzy adding a new feature.
So unless a mariner is truly ancient, it probably doesn't have too many permanent features
>>
>>53534482
Well that formatting didn't work. The last sentence wasn't part of the quote, in case that wasn't obvious
>>
>>53533211
Thanks friend-os.
>>
What are the good bits about Awakening, lorewise?

Ascension is awesomely stupid 90s nonsense about the war between The Man and a ragtag bunch of completely different magical traditions, while every time I try to get into Awakening things sound pretty lame and way too neatly arranged.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>53534718

Awakening has gone through two lore iterations. The first version focused more on the ideas of Utopia and Nostalgia, while the current version focuses more on Jungian thought. I'm more a fan of the former take - Dave's a great storyteller but I think his Lore is subpar.
>>
>>53535054
>Dave's a great storyteller but I think his Lore is subpar.

In fairness to Dave, he was not involved at all in the development of Awakening 1e and didn't create the Lore. As developer of the second edition, he could only tweak the setting so much under his remit.
>>
>>53535136
what lore are we talking about? Atlantis?
>>
>>53535136

Yeah but IDK how I feel about his take on the lore. I'm not a fan of Jungian thought. It makes things, as >>53534718 pointed out, too "neatly arranged"
>>
>>53534482
>So unless a mariner is truly ancient, it probably doesn't have too many permanent features
Our GM house-ruled it that mutations become permanent if the frenzy was triggered but something deeply personal. Our Gangrell chick frenzied a lot when people hurt her beloved hellhound and quickly acquired facial hair, cat whiskers and functional gills on her neck. Her sire, an old mariner Gangrell was absically Davy Jones with squid face, crab arm and all that. We later found the old fucker learned Obscufate for masquerade reasons.
>>
So done with my first playthrough of Bloodlines and few questions

1. Wtf sheriff was
2. Kuej jin seem kinda racist towards normal vampires. Are they more powerful or is it just bravado?
>>
>>53535674
Sheriff is a Nagloper - basically offshot African Tzimisce bloodline that is more like Gangrell.
>>
>>53535674
1) Nagloper, who are weird African Tzimisce.
2) I think the average Kuei-jin is stronger than the average vampire in modern times, but it's not always clear cut. For instance, Cainite vampires can create blood bonds and ghouls, while the Kuei-jin can't. The Kindred also outnumber the Kue-jin and reproduce far more easily.
>>
>>53529813
Michael Jackson had a skin disorder that was destroying his melanin, and eventually resorted to bleaching his skin in order to even himself out.
>>
>>53535904
Vitellago
>>
>>53534718
Personally, I'm a fan of how magic is actually magic, rather than a vaguely defined force of 'whatever the fuck you want it to be, m8'
>>
>>53535054
ELI5 Can you explain the differences between 1e and 2e lore abit more?
>>
>>53536514

1e lore was heavily focused on atlantis, even though the information avaliable was quite contradictory

In 2e, the orders only date back to the alexandrian era

>>53536449

Yeah, that's not as true as you think. Groups like the Threnodists and abilities like Law of Embodiment challenge that assumption. It's agreed it's something spectacular, true, but quantum mechanics remains a valid method of expressing the supernal, as is any other skill or knowledge.

At least in 1e.
>>
Anyone got building a legend yet?
>>
>>53536802
people have it, its not out in the wild yet though.

what the fuck is it exactly? beasts player guide?
>>
>>53536449
Wait... sooooo... using your force of will to altar reality is magic in one game but not the other?
>>
>>53534281
If you have Protean 7, it is.
>>
>>53536884
According to the opp forums its a setting builder like damnation city
>>
>>53534281

High Protean lets you have a warform.
>>
>>53531804
>Just let demons be actual fucking demons too.
Those also exist, multiple things are called demons in CofD. thought it seems like you are just angry and uniformed about what's in the world because of your biases about Christianity. You sound like the NWoD equivalent of an uniformed Caine evangelist
>>
>>53537117
shit like that needs to be setting agnostic, or maybe cater to all splats, might add afew pages but would be more useful.

I liked damnation city but would i bother digging it out for a demon/insert non vampire game...probably not.
>>
>>53536983
Its just someone who hates Ascension because its too complex for them to comprehend its magic.
>>
>>53538195
Thought it does focus on vampires, its setting agnostic in all its world building and city building advice. Building a legend is similar, while directly intended for beast games, building a chronicle is still a chronicle.
>>
>>53538378
>>
File: 1495210045693.jpg (99KB, 836x465px) Image search: [Google]
1495210045693.jpg
99KB, 836x465px
>>53535674
>1. Wtf sheriff was

The Sheriff is BELIEVED to be a Nagloper, an African offshoot of the Tzimisce. This theory is supported by how LaCroix picked up the Sheriff in Africa, and by the fact that he possesses level six Vicissitude (Tzimisce/Nagloper discipline) that lets the vampire turn into a gigantic, monstrous bat.

>>53535674
>2. Kuej jin seem kinda racist towards normal vampires. Are they more powerful or is it just bravado?

See, Kuei-Jin aren't actually *vampires*, they're a different form of undead. Basically, they're wicked, tortured souls that escaped from Hell and clawed their way back into the living world.

When they re-enter the living world, most are little more than animals that need to consume life energy (or Chi) to survive. Chi can be found in many places, but is easily extracted from the flesh and blood of humans. So, "newborn" Kuei-Jin are basically frenzying cannibals that have to avoid the sun unless they want to rot away.

A Kuei-Jin can rise above the "mindless cannibal" stage through exemplary willpower or by being taught through pain, discipline and imprisonment at the hands of another Kuei-Jin. After a few years of this, the Kuei-Jin usually regain their minds.

Kuei-Jin do not follow "humanity", but instead follow philosophical paths (usually the ones practiced by the ones that freed them from mindless savagery). As they go down these paths, their power and "Dharma" increases, and they find new ways to extract chi (through the breath of people, the environment, etc).

They hate vampires because a lot of older Kuei-Jin blame the Western World for "corrupting" Asia... plus, they regard vampires as ugly parasites (hypocritical, I know) that bumble through unlife without purpose.

Kuei-Jin are more powerful in that every Kuei-Jin could potentially gain the power of Methuselah-level vampires, but realistically only one in ten thousand Kuei-Jin ever reach that stage. Plus, vampires can "breed" like rabbits to outnumber them.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.