[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Fallout.jpg (638KB, 1511x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
638KB, 1511x1015px
How do I make a Fallout campaign? I don't even know what system to use, but I want to keep it authentic, both system and the setting.
So, what should I do?
>>
>>53538005
Use GURP---I mean, SPECIAL. There's a game out there for it already.
>>
>>53538005
GURPS.
There's even post-apoc books for it now, After the End.
>>
>>53538005
Make sure it can be finished under 15 minutes with the right meta-knowledge.
>>
>>53538005
GURPS. Change some lore slightly so it won't get meta gamed out of existence.
>>
>>53538120
Doesn't that use percentages? Is it hard to play?
>>53538563
After the campaign will be finished I'll tell the players they should have gone left instead of right at the start.
>>53538521
>>53538642
I should learn GURPS first, and that will probably be long.
>Change some lore slightly so it won't get meta gamed out of existence.
Yeah, I know, I'll put it in between Fallout 2 and New Vegas, I will use some existing characters and locations, but make necessary changes.
>>
Oh, yeah, Decide how should my vaults look like, I'm open to ideas.
>>
>>53541575
Just set it in a place you're familiar with. You don't have to set it in an established place like the Mojave, Capital Wasteland, Boston or what have you.
>>
>>53542230
I want to put it there, mostly for the atmosphere, but I'm also doing a WoD campaign set in the same region, so less preparing to do.
>>
>>53538005
Make them roll chars in FO2 character creator.
Chars wake up in cryogenic capsules in the middle of nowhere/small abandoned vault in an unknown location.
>>
>>53542328
Something like NEO Scavenger?
>>
>>53542314
Whatever floats your boat man. I actually just finished preparing a Fallout campaign this weekend set in my home state, specifically the South Carolina Low Country. Just trying to decide on the system to run it in or to just copy the Fallout 3 character creation math and use percentiles for everything.
>>
>>53542510
> Fallout 3 character creation
Why? There are no traits and perks are pretty limited in Fallout 3, it's gonna be very bland.
>>
>>53542510
You do realize taking the math and using it as a basis for SPECIAL and starting skill percentages only constitutes one portion of character creation right? And FO3 had perks and traits. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_perks
>>
>>53542735
Fallout 3 has no traits, and New Vegas has a lot more perks:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_perks
>>
>>53542781
You're still operating under the assumption I said "take everything from FO3" when I said taking the math for SPECIAL and starting skill calculations.
>>
>>53542889
Sorry, misread the post. Anyway, how are you going to use percentiles? Isn't it going to be too annoying?
>>
>>53543031
Not really. Early Fallouts were percentile based. So if you're firing a Fatman, make a big guns percentile roll. Let's say your big guns skill is 70%. So roll 70% or under. Basically snagging percentile system from call of cthulhu.
>>
>>53543271
Huh, pretty good. But how do you think of using things like addictions, perks and other vague / behind the screen stuff?
>>
>>53543529
>>53543271
Also, a problem with this is that in older Fallouts you could have skills over 100%.
This is headache inducing.
>>
>>53543529
>>53543623
Having a Fallout setting doesn't mean you have to copy every single mechanic over. Bonus and penalty dice can cover a lot of things. I'd limit skill progression to 95% because without a chance of failure there's no point in using skills at all.
Like let's take Lady/Man Killer. I'd give it a bonus die to all skill checks used on or against people of that sex, and either a flat damage bonus or an extra damage dice.
>>
>>53544020
And copying Doc's skill system allows for hard and extreme successes, which also let's you dictate that hey, to convo 've this person to help you out, an extreme success would be necessary. Which simulates hard and very hard speech checks from the game.
>>
>>53542230
>boston

shut the fuck up. fallout 3 is cancer
>>
>>53543271
You can also take stuff from other percentile based games like dark heresy. The average shot you would take with a fatman at a group of enemy would be at your straight skill, an easy shot like one at the target range would give a +20 to your skill level, and a difficult shot at either close or extreme range would give a -20 to your skill.
>>
>>53542510
fallout 3? are you 20 years old or some shit?
>>
>>53544123
What's wrong with being twenty?
>>
>>53544123
>>53544093
>It's not a 2d isometric point and click adventure with an overly complicated skill system which does not translate to PNP. There's a GURPS conversion for it to! Why don't you use that? Oh you don't like GURPS? What are you, 20 years old or some shit?
Might want to get yourself checked for autism.
>>
>>53544271
new vegas was awesome. 4 was... ok.

fallout 3 raped the timeline/lore. stop being retarded on purpose
>>
>>53544359
>He posted an example of one of the many settings in Fallout and said he's just going to take the character creation math from Fallout 3 because it's easy to apply and readily available. It must mean he's 20 or something. Also retarded.
>>/v/ is that way my friend.
>>
>>53544409
My bad, >>>/v/
I might be retarded.
>>
>>53544409
WELL FINE. I'M DRUNK, OLD AND FALLOUT 3 MAKES ME MAD.

sorry i was unreasonable.
>>
Will we get another Sawyer/Cain Fallout?
>>
>>53541575
>learn GURPS
>will probably be long
Roll 3d6. If the outcome is below your skill/stat, you succeed. If it's above, you've failed.
Congrats, you've just learned GURPS.

Add to that the 70 pages that make up the After the End line for GURPS and you are golden. Considering 2/3 of that is about making a setting (and you alreayd have one), it shouldn't be hard.
>>
File: Retrocalypse.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Retrocalypse.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
How about just using this system?

I like the way it handles Karma, if nothing else.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.