[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Age of Sigmar general /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 38

File: 1486860721212s.jpg (2KB, 58x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486860721212s.jpg
2KB, 58x125px
You fucking assholes, make a new thread you idiots! Edition
>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW
Skirmish ePub
https://mega.nz/#!qZwElBQQ!_8IUfx_Mqie55febS-PSIwmB4T3_YVJF9QIX7Fp3mpM

General Handbook
https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I
>>
>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

No previous thread for you swine. You don't deserve it.
>>
first for president kroaks battle against fake news
>>
Why is this game so fucking deader than Fantasy?
>>
>>53532390
https://discord.gg/N4TTKCc

/tg/ Discord for all things wargaming, primarily AOS and 40k, we've also got rpg discussion and vidya happening.
>>
>>53532636
Its not
>>
>>53532636
Most likely people are arguing about 40k right now with the massive leaks. The Fantasyfags are still crying in their corner and whining as per usual.
>>
Does anybody have assembly instructions for the Khorgorath? I know it's snap-fit, but something seems off.
>>
>>53532664
> can't assemble snap fit model
Bro /v/ is over there
>>
File: 6e77929cd3b0f3f4f2742f97904db270.jpg (124KB, 736x1108px) Image search: [Google]
6e77929cd3b0f3f4f2742f97904db270.jpg
124KB, 736x1108px
Can someone riddle me this? The chaos lord on manicure comes under slaves to darkness as does chaos warriors and chaos knights but his command ability says it affects warriors of chaos which is a different faction with nothing good in it, is this really intended that a general can't buff his own faction? Even chaos warriors don't have the warriors of chaos keyword.
>>
>>53532872
*manticore, fuck off samsung
>>
>>53532872
Bad wording & misread mate, you can affect 1 UNIT of warrior of chaos (the footslogger ones) with the command ability.

Going back to my manicure now
>>
>All these people rightly complaining about how strong Stormcast Heroes are in Skirmish
>tfw Khradron Overlords can snipe the fuckers with Arkanaut Light Skyhooks buffed by a Khemist.
>tfw Aethermatic Volley Gun can split their 6 shots between 6 models if you really wanted to

It is neat how much variety one unit of Arkanauts can give you actually.
I have no idea how to arm other units though, I figure Aether Cannons and Rifles for Thunderers, but not sure about Skywardens. I am guessing it will be best to just leave them as is - maybe a drill cannon or a Skyhook for more reliable hero sniping.
>>
>>53533038
>KO player talking about being over powered in skirmish
Get outta here
>>
>>53532390
>picture for ants subedition
>>
>>53533038
Discussing the balance of skirmish is counter intuitive, its barely even a game with no how little effort went into it and they openly say its narrative i.e non competitive to cover for it.
>>
>>53532636
>Why is this game so fucking deader than Fantasy?
The game is okay. Generals are dead because a lot of AoS players are also 40k players
>>
skirmish link be daed, anyone got a working one?
>>
File: whitedwarf75-unboxing.jpg (1MB, 2426x2415px) Image search: [Google]
whitedwarf75-unboxing.jpg
1MB, 2426x2415px
Where do I get the Stormcast from the front of WD in the UK?

Just want one to see what they're like, will I have to go in GW for a painting lesson?
>>
File: May31RumourEngine.jpg (31KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
May31RumourEngine.jpg
31KB, 750x750px
todays rumour engine. looks to me like one of the shadespire skeleton capes but could just as easily be the inside of a scourge privateer's cape
>>
>>53534651
I think in GW shops they have a book for like £5 which has the model on the front and some lore in it
>>
>>53534657
skeleton pirates with ghost ship would be so fucking baller
>>
So i was looking at the destruction grand alliance book the other day and saw pic related and wonder what the hell is the massive fly thing in the top left?
>>
File: aleguzzlers giants gargants.jpg (245KB, 312x646px) Image search: [Google]
aleguzzlers giants gargants.jpg
245KB, 312x646px
>>53534748
I'm a fucking idiot
>>
>>53534651
Buy a primer AoS book. It costs something like 5$ and also hs a single Liberator model
>>
>>53534748
No idea, but it kinda looks like one of the pestilens machine things from the Godbeasts book
>>
>>53534779
it sort of looks like the big walker thing that's shown up in another piece of Skaven art
>>
>>53534843
maybe clan skyre and pestilance team up? That would be pretty cool way to add to both the armies
>>
>>53534720
It actually fucking would be!
As a lurking whfb-player I can see people using that sort of shit to make neat vampire coast-armies.
>>
>>53532913
I assumed it was either wrong or a remnant of the lord being in a different faction but it says warriors of chaos in bold as a keyword and its exactly the sort of thing some lawyer fag would query, I want to run it in a tournament and it's the only logical general choice in my list.
>>
Suppose this: Cubicle 7 contacts you and wants your input on a splat book. What you'd want it to be about?
>>
>>53535976
Sylvaneth. lost in the woods getting hunted by spite revenants, sounds like a blast.
>>
>>53535976
I'd love to be skaven Skyre pirates
>>
Not quite sure which thread to post on but I'm gonna head down to a local store to play Silver Tower but I don't really understand the character pool die.

So I roll four die e.g. 4 2 5 6, I place these dies into my character card and once I have the Runemarker, I will spend one die of my choosing from my pool to move. So I spend my 2 die to move and once I encounter an enemy, I will have to spend another die to attack, correct?

What happens when I run out of dies?

Also can you spend a die to get a guaranteed attack from your character card?
>>
>>53535407
It says "Chaos Warriors" as a keyword. The only unit with that keyword are chaos warriors. It says nothing about warriors of chaos on the warscroll for the nail tech lord.
>>
When did you find out your friend is a jerk and why was it when he brought a fucking mourngul?

Seriously shits gamebreaking
>>
>>53536148
He's a death player, it's not like he's got any other option.
>>
So GW actually made it and nerfed every fuckin faction in 40k. Be ready for salty-quiters flood here
>>
what do people think the next death and destruction armies are gonna be?
Destruction could be pirate goblins.
>>
>>53536270
I'm a tyranid player and I couldn't be happier, Tau whiners tears are delicious
>>
>>53536270
I have never played 40k, Could you give me a quick run down of this/
>>
>>53536292
>Tau whiners tears are delicious
As a tau player I'm actually happy. I'm running an infantry list and I'm so fuckin tired with all these "it's all about riptides reeee" babies - the worst thing is I don't even have a riptide and they are still crying. That's why I dropped 40k and start playing AoS while ago - for a lot of people if you are not losing in 40k that means you are a bad player
>>
>>53536309
A lot of models have their point values rised, big stuff nerfed etc. It's hard to tell what have GW changed because fuckin everything has changed mate
>>
>>53536481
ah right ty
>>
>>53536456
You're alright, I like you.
>>
>>53536309
Basically the same thing that happened with Fantasy, but on a much smaller scale
>every release for the last 20+ years has been asinine strong codex v. weak codex balancing act
>introducing new units/factions and new editions has only exacerbated this
>by 2017, a handful of army types from a handful of factions are even viable in tournament play
>literally dozens of factions havent seen widespread use in nearly a decade
>GW wants to try to fix this, but instead of doing more strong v. weak codex bullshit, they just nerf everything that is overpowered and buff a few of the things that were weak
>people who spent hundreds of dollars on broken armies are upset that they arent as completely unbalanced anymore

And that's pretty much it. AoS was the result of Fantasy players just not buying models at all, 8e is a result of people only buying certain kinds of models and ignoring the rest of the range.

Despite the fact that there will be dozens more viable army archetypes and factions now, the people who have already spent hundreds of hours and dollars building previously broke as fuck armies aren't happy about it. Which is both a reasonable response I can sympathize with and some total bullshit I'm glad is happening to them.
>>
>>53536603
A really big part of it is just because people aren't buying models outside of a handful of units from a handful of factions.

That is also why Primaris marines are a thing, since Space Marines are the best selling unit from 40k which is the best selling franchise of Games Workshop.

Invariably, people will scream "DIRTY JEWS!!!" or something despite the fact that we are getting 1) more toys and 2) more of the toys that are out there are actually fun to play with.

A vocal minority will lose their shit, as will always happen, but you have to remember they are a vocal minority who coincidentally happen to hold the opinion that the only thing which is fun is if their favorite unit/faction is overpowered and fluffed out the ass.
>>
>>53532390

So my FLGS is throwing a skirmish tourney, I've never done a tourney before. Is this an alright list for Free People's?

General (20r each) x1
Handgunner (2r each) 10 x5
Guard (2r each) 10 x5
Pistolier (5r each) 10 x2

For guard I can't decide what amount should be sword and shield and what should be spears?
>>
>>53536596
>>53536603
I'm actually sad about new players. As one 40kg Anon noticed - it looks like most of start collecting and armoured assault boxes have their point values dropped so it will be harder for new players to jump into the hobby if they want to take part in standard 1000 point games.
For now I'm playing only AoS but I have thought about come back to 40k just for casual vanilla games with newbies but there will be none of them if you can just buy two AoS SC! boxes or even spend less on x-wing.

Fuck, AoS is so fuckin comfy for newcomers - how did GW managed to make it newbie friendly but fuck up this aspect in 40k again?
>>
>>53536708
>how did GW manage to...fuck up this aspect in 40k again?

Fantasy was making them virtually no money, while 40k is their cash cow. They could afford to completely flip the table on Fantasy--pushing too far with 40K could actually put them out of business. It's a balancing act: you want to attract new customers, but you can't push away the people who are spending millions of dollars on your products.

Fantasy was a dead game. That is the only reason AoS even happened. I mean, thank god it did because AoS is fucking great if only for the updated models.
>>
whats everyone working on? Ive started my 20 stormvermin. Only done red and leadbleacher needs a second coat
>>
>>53537024
Just finished my frigate and now I'm onto finish up the company that goes with it then the admiral. Decent start but I have an ironclad, thunderers and the other heroes to finish up.

But I need mooooooooooooore. Especially some endrinriggers. Delicious hit and run melee
>>
>>53536456
How's tau actually looking for this edition? Minus all the bullshit. I love me some mechs and they look like something I'd be down to do
>>
File: 300px-Badass_Settra.png (297KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Badass_Settra.png
297KB, 300x457px
>>53532390
Soon
>>
>>53532636

Because the game doesn't have enough depth.

When GHBII comes out I would recommend they also change the core rules and bring in more into line with 40K 8E.
>>
>>53536281
Death Lords will get expanded
Next Destruction army will probably be Goblin Spider Riders.
>>
File: ROTD.jpg (320KB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ROTD.jpg
320KB, 864x1200px
>>53536680

Anyone?
>>
>>53536281
I think the next destruction release will be goblin related, whether that's moonclan, sky pirates, spider riders or something totally different remains to be seen.
>>
>>53537315

I hope so, anon, they can be a very solid and fun army with more models
>>
>>53536292
ork player here, feels good being less of a shitty npc i2 meme army
>>
>>53536680
Fuck me running but I don't understand your post. How many renown your band is?
>>
>>53537827

Sorry, that's my fault I guess. It's supposed to be 50 renown. A general is 20 renown, I am taking one.

A handgunner and guardsmen are 2 renown each, I am taking 5 of both. it's 20 renown in total.

Then pistoliers are 5 renown each, it'd be 10 in all to take two.

Are pistoliers, guardsmen and handgunners behind a general a good choice for a 50-renown warband?

As you could tell, I'm still kinda new to listbuilding.
>>
>>53536292
May be an off topic for this general, but can someone describe in short what happened to Tau?
>>
>>53538180
Riptides and crisis suits are crazy expensive and less mobile now. They cant Move > Shoot > Jump any more
>>
>>53538180
Battlesuits became way more expensive across the board, markerlights changed, Riptide got fucked into the ground by nerfs. Hopefully means that people will start running more infantry and mechanised focused Tau lists, but for now everyone is running around screaming that Tau is unplayable. Some good panic deals to be had on eBay, probably.
>>
>>53537160
Not a TK player myself, but why would anyone that already has Tomb King or Bretonnian minis want GW to bring them back? I would be glad to play an army that you rarely get to see
>>
>>53538326
>>53538336
Ah I get it. Thanks anons
>>
New to Sigmar, looking to pass the time until the current hullabaloo around 40k 8th Ed settles down and works out some kinks. Is there anything I can read to get a basic overview of the current state of tabletop? I don't want to pick up an army and then find out it's either unplayable or the equivalent of a Riptide wing in a casual game.
>>
Can someone explain to me why battlelines are allegiance-specific when all factions don't even have allegiance abilities in matched play? Where is the balance concern? Why not just have units clearly intended to be battleline units be battleline for all armies within a grand alliance and let players actually use the units they want to use?

Instead players that want thematic armies have to succumb to some stiff metagame that reeks of designers clinging to fantasy battle rules.

Want to make a rotbringers army with a few nurgle daemons for spice? sorry, you'll have to pick units you don't want. Want to even consider playing pestilens? Sorry, we don't allow some armies to be competitive.
>>
>>53538426
Just read some lore and look at some models. Then pick the army you like the most. Honestly, there aren't a lot of broken things, and the point system balances the game pretty well.
Have in mind that there are four grand alliances and you can field units from different factions as long as they all belong to one alliance (however narrowing down to a single allegiance does get you some benefits).
>>
so does anyone even bother to run Grand Alliance armies?

Was thinking of mixing my SCE and dispossessed into one big army, and also mixing my beastmen battalion box in with my khorne stuff.

Not really looking to be competitive, just thought a more varied army would be fun
>>
>>53538556
Alright I'll have a look thanks. I'll probably go with the dinosaurs or something, dinos are cool. Well, dragons are cooler but it seems like most of them feature in stormcast units and those guys seem like ultramarines on crack so eeehhh...
>>
>>53538541
yeah would be better if battleline units where grand alliance specific and not faction.
>>
>>53538663

If you want dragons then play High elves! Especially Order Draconis, they have several dragon based units
>>
>>53538615
I actually find the game a lot more fun when people play mixed armies.
A regiment of Sigmarines protecting the Sylvaneth wood? (I'm pretty sure that there's also a warscroll battalion for that btw)
An army of chaos joined by some savage Beastmen from the nearby wood?
An army of Goblins rich enough to afford the services of an Ogre mercenary gang?
A group of Dwarves joined by a powerfull Slann and his personal guard in a heroic last stand against a never-ending tide of undead?
An unlikely alliance between the Dark Elf corsairs and some proud Order Draconis knights?

If you are looking to have fun and own the models, go for it.
>>
>>53538541
From the FAQ:
>You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

Some people say that this meas you can take Pestilens allegiance and take Chaos traits and artefacts, which I'm in favour of
>>
>>53538875

The issue is with what you are allowed to use as battleline units. In matched play you have to use pestilens keyword units only or you cannot use plague monks as battleline. If you add a single nurgle unit you have to add three units of plaguebringers as battleline, pretty much eliminating any reason to have plague monks in the first place.

I'm amazed at how this shitty rule has any place in AoS seeing as i can't find any reason for its inclusion at all.
>>
File: High elf IoB Lord.jpg (312KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
High elf IoB Lord.jpg
312KB, 800x600px
What is an allegiance, I've looked through the handbook for what makes an army a certain allegiance but can't find anything on it.

Also, where are the spells, are there seriously only two + the ones on the character's warscroll?
>>
The spell lores are in the allegiances now. At least for the factions that have their own allegiances (Tzeentch, Sylvaneth, Bonesplitterz etc)

An allegiance is basically limiting yourself from a grand alliance down to a single faction in that alliance like only using sylvaneth models.
>>
>>53539018
You can make an army a certain allegiance if all models from it have that keyword (you can find unit's keywords on the bottom of the warscroll for that unit)
So for example, Dryads and Dragon Nobles both have Order keyword, so if you field those two units, you can take Order allegiance. However, Dryads also have Sylvaneth keyword while the Nobles don't. If you field Dryads only with other units that have Sylvaneth allegiance, you can still claim Order allegiance (since they all also have an order keyword), but you can also claim Sylvaneth allegiance, which gives them access to some powerful bonuses, such as Sylvaneth's unique spells, artifacts and traits.
>>
>>53539166
I missed to mention that if you do take Sylvaneth allegiance you can't take Order allegiance too, you can only choose one.
>>
Right lads. Local GW has a Skirmish event coming up
The first game will be a max of 30 renown. I plan on running a Lord-Celestant , one liberator and one judicator which reaches 30 renown. The question is... will I get destroyed?
>>
>>53538541
Its a legacy system from release because they wanted thematic armies. Its since changed to allegiances provide allegiance abilities. Yes its retarded that a game that's barely two years old already has outdated legacy mechanics.
>>
File: 1363486717235.png (74KB, 812x879px) Image search: [Google]
1363486717235.png
74KB, 812x879px
>pic eight times
or
>160plague bearer
>>
>>53538663
Elves can ride dragons. High Elves have Order Draconis units which are dragon-flavored.

I like the forest dragon model.
>>
>>53539018
Allegiance stuff is in each armies battletome. They're either slow as shit or unwilling to go back and make books for the old armies so only sylvaneth and tzeentch have their own spell list in their book.
>>
>>53539737
>wanting to build, paint, transport, play with that many models
>>
Is Khorne bloodbound a good army?
>>
>>53539885
I want something that would annoy the living shit out of my opponent and steal precious time this cancer ridden fag has
>>
>>53539919
you sound like a right cunt
>>
>>53539919
You want Nurgle or the Bone Zone.

>>53539919
Not really. I know the feeling.
>>
>>53539914
There's a lot of ways to make a bloodbound army, some of them are good.
>>
>>53538339
They're actually still playable. It's only their models being discontinued. Both were very low tier armies who received great buffs. Bretonnia especially.
>>
>>53539737
420 GOBLIN BLAZE IT
>>
>>53539728

>thematic armies
>in matched play, the only mode intended for balance

What the fuck? How is this accepted within the community? I guess the majority of players play the factions that don't get shafted by those terrible rules, and so they live on.

Good god.
>>
File: 20170531_012008-1.jpg (3MB, 2658x1881px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_012008-1.jpg
3MB, 2658x1881px
r8 my Reavers /tg/
>>
>>53540293
They made the dumb factions with only 3 or 4 units in them before the ghb, instead of redoing everything they just went with it. Battlelines as a way to reduce army abuse is a stupid mechanic anyway. It doesn't prevent the dumb shit it was meant to, you can still take 3 zombies and 4 mourguls or whatever.
>>
>>53540386
bandages on the axe and banner could do with another highlight maybe, looks pretty good though
>>
Is skirmish gonna be around for a while?
I want to get into it, but f it's just a fad

My current idea is
Lord Castellant
3 gryph hounds
I think I'll call it sigmar Colbert's Azyrheim dream.
>>
>>53540539
I don't think it has enough complexity to last but that's just a guess. Even gw intended it to be for introductory players.
>>
>>53538615
All the winning tournament lists are grand alliance based.
>>
Alright enough moping for me. How should I run my deathwatch in 8th? Any must haves?
>>
>>53541425
wrong thread fuck
>>
Seraphon on 1000

Lord Kroak on vortex
Eternity Warden
2 units temple guard

960 points
>>
>>53536121
What do you mean by guaranteed attack?
Every action cost the shown score of either a heroe die or a destiny die. There are two types of actions, normal actions or weapon actions.
>>
>>53541644
Kroak on a vortex is dirty and you should feel dirty
>>
>>53538615
I have a dream of someday making an army of all the different dwarfs together. And/or an army with dwarf infantry and elven archers.
>>
>>53541425
>>53541476
Think he might be taking the piss cause of all the 40k talk in this thread.
>>
This is the right place to ask Silver Tower questions I hope. What do you guys think is mandatory to buy to make the game more fun? I just got it last week and it is a bit far down the painting schedule but I bought the khorne slaughterpriest with axe and all the hero cards.

Do you recommend any of the exotic adversaries? Or is the game replayable and challenging without.
>>
>>53544537
Get the Start collecting box of Tzeench.. new enemies for the Game - you can Use every miniature in the box for Silvertower, if i have this right in mind
>>
>>53544882

Yeah I've been looking at getting them, that box would practically fill up all the exotic adversaries. But what I would like to know is, do the exotic adversaries add a lot of value to the game experience? Is it instead more fun to get other heroes to try out? It's going to be me and a buddy playing and we've started and ditched GW boardgames in the past (like dreadfleet).

I am a BUY EVERYTHING AT ONCE person, so I try to be careful. That approach make sense to get an entire army quickly on the table and then learn to play while you paint it up, but I don't think it is beneficial for the board game with minis.
>>
>>53536138
On my warscroll on the current version of the android app it says warriors of chaos.
>>
>>53540386
They all look like that guy that shags all the trannies. And there's no way that axe arm was a better idea than just holding an axe.
>>
>>53546180
heheh, you funny.

the axe arm is sick
>>
File: Auric Runefather 2.jpg (256KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Auric Runefather 2.jpg
256KB, 500x358px
>>53544537
Have my custom Auric Runefather for shits an giggles. Its playtested. Hope somebody can enjoy it...
>>
Which list seems stronger?
Allegiance: Chaos
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)

Total: 1000/2000

Allegiance: Chaos
Orghotts Daemonspew (260)
>>
>>53547473
The first one, I'd screen with marauders and make a unit of 10 blightkings to buff though.
>>
Would it be broken to allow summoning to add models to a unit?

Like say I have a unit of 20 skeletons. I'd rather be able to summon 10 skeletons and just add them to that to be a unit of 30, rather than having two units. Still paying the 80 points for summoning though.

Would that be game-breaking you think?
>>
What are some good alternate heads to use for Stormcast Eternals? I just can't get into the Persian Immortal metal mask look.
>>
3 round tournament on sunday. C&C about my BoK list?

Allegiance: Blades of Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Wrath
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodletters (100)

Units
3 x Khorgoraths (300)
2 x Chaos Spawn (120)
10 x Flesh Hounds (200)
Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (200)
Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>53536708
>Hur dur standard thousand requires more models

Play 750 then, dickhead. The problem here isn't GW, the problem here is you demmanding new players buy more fucking models.

Christ, is everyone suddenly retarded?
>>
File: 00.jpg (43KB, 564x669px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
43KB, 564x669px
>>53532390
Anyone got a new link for the skirmish books? The mega is down.
>>
>>53536708
Why start playing matched with new players? Why not use narrative play with some points as an indication to match your forces. For 40k I'd use the power scores.
>>
>>53549973
Space marine heads without the technical doodads?
>>
File: The Mortals Realm.png (480KB, 682x742px) Image search: [Google]
The Mortals Realm.png
480KB, 682x742px
>The Mortal Realms are separate planes of existence that are as ancient as the stars

What the fuck? Can anyone explain the Mortal Realms to me? How the hell are they as old as the stars? The End Times was just yesterday.
>>
>>53551040
>Mortal Realms are 8 planes/planets themed after one of the winds of magic. Their exact scale is unknown and frankly not that relevant.
>The can be as old as the stars since release times for products are not related to the in universe timeline.

Also, please people don't take every poetic/purple phrase as LITERALLY MEANING THAT.
>>
>>53550655
- No speed. Typically I run Gore Pilgrims alongside Murderhost to mitigate the fact that Im footslogging
- No horde. Pilgrims works best with bodies. I've run 20 Warriors, 20 'reavers, and 30 'letters. Theses units have done most of the work. I think you would benefit with more Warriors or 'reavers.
- Fragile Symergy. Again, I usually run Gore Pilgrims with Murderhost. Daemons work well without the Bloodsecrator so, while its nice to have them in range of it, its good to know my army wont drastically drop off if the Bloodsecrator dies. The Warshrine helps, but not much.
- Did I say it was slow?
Verdict: Play it anyways, have fun, learn, tell us how it goes afterwards!
>>
>>53551040
Maybe the End Times busted up the stars and they had to get a fresh set.
>>
>>53551106
Yeah, more bodies and speed would be better but I have a lack of demons and models. Shooting armies are still a pain in the butt.
>>
>>53548428
If I did a unit of 10 I'd still need another unit of 5 for battleline right?
>>
>>53551040
Not it wasn't. It's literally been tens of thousands of years before the gods themselves awoke as Dracothion recreated the universe. There's been dozens of iterations and permutations of the realms prior to the state Sigmar found them.
>>
>>53551776
Then how come the text there says they are ageless and as old as the stars if not more? I am getting MIXED MESSAGES.
>>
>>53551887
>Purple prose
>Make sense.

Nigga you are trying too hard. It's just old GW's way of being presumptuous: they are just fuck old. That's it.
>>
>>53533038
>KO players talking about balance
Oh come the fuck on
>>
>>53552022
This anon gets it. Don't take all those lore descriptions at face value. Old as as the stars and endless like the void doesn't literally mean that.

The Mortal Realms are Big, Old and both those qualities are slaves to the plot and the point.
>>
Where can I ask about WFRP Pdf of scans?
>>
>>53552562
Plus 500 years of Chaos occupation means maps are hard to come by, so as far as people know they are endless.
>>
>>53552788
Exactly. Lore wise, the realms combined have a surface equivalent of our solar system (and are finite) but people don't know it, because they haven't seen them nor explored them in a long ass time.
>>
>>53553191
Hasn't it even been confirmed that the realms despite being a bunch of floating continents and stuff is still out in space as well?
>>
>>53552703
There's a link on /whfbg/ that has all the wfrp books.
>>
>>53553250
>>53553191
Is it really relevant if they are planets or planes like in magic? It all adds up to the same thing anyway.
>>
>>53553250
They're all a bit vague. If I recall correctly, they all exist in their own bubble realities, but for example, Azyr is so much "heaven" that the Seraphon can exist there in "demon" form aka without summoning, so far in the "high" azyr no mortal can reach them.

Essentially, the whole realities are magic, applying too much logic is futile.
>>
>>53537363
id kill to make a winged hussar unit. for AOS or Warhammer
>>
>>53553950
I love any kind of Calvary unit and sadly AoS is lacking in terms of that. And by lacking I mean I hate the stupid monopose dragons that Stormcast ride
>>
>>53553990
Loads of other cool cavalry units to pick from though.
>>
>>53553990
Have you know seen palladors on gryphchargers yet? They're amazing models and even better cavalry.
>>
Played 4 or 5 games of skirmish yesterday. Stuck with my Venator and two hunters. They've been quite successful...

My favorite of the day is when we tried the assassinate scenario and I got to choose to be the assassin. With the target only being able to stay in the box, my Venator had a great time (not) picking off targets safely (he didn't kill a single fucking guy because dice). My Hunter ended up taking out the target with fortunate rolls.

Star fated arrow is beautiful. There aren't any other words.
>>
>>53553272
Apparently Hero's Call is still missing (from Wfrp 3rd ed)
Crap!
>>
does anyone have an active 'Generals Handbook' link? The one in OP is TOS'ed.
>>
>>53554734
I'm an idiot, I mean the 'Skirmish' link
>>
>>53553191
>Lore wise, the realms combined have a surface equivalent of our solar system (and are finite)

That's still mind-bogglingly huge to the point where for all intents and purposes may as well be infinite, what with most people relying on horses (or equivalent) as their primary mode of transport.

For reference, the surface area of Earth is 510 million square kilometres. Even with most of it covered in water the land that's there is still pretty damn big. Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, has a surface area of 61 BILLION square kilometres. Saturn and Neptune together add another 51 billion to that number, and the rest chuck about another billion or so on.

Therefore the eight realms combined are the equivalent of about 52.5 Earths after some quick and dirty maths, or 6.5 Earths each assuming they're all equal. That's still so large that all sense of scale flies right out of the window, especially with low-tech fantasy races.
>>
>>53555541
No, wait, I fucked up a decimal point. Correction: the eight realms combined are 201 entire Earths, or 25 Earths each.
>>
>>53555541
Actually, Azyr is "over" the other realms. So it would be 28.71 earths per realm plus the span of Azyr.

As for travel, let's remember that flying ships are relatively common place. Not just the Kharadron but hammerhal has it's own aerial armadas, and other cities of order do as confirmed in DoT. Then there's the realmgates.
>>
>>53553475
No, they are one continuum, only that it's "broken". There's walls separating them, so to speak. A rift where the realms lose and win matter constantly (this comes from Pantheon, btw) that is the realm's end (it's also described in one of the blurbs from the Ironjawz battletome).
>>
>>53540386
I really like the eyes on the hornblower, and the teeth on the axe guy. Nice work.
>>
Long time bretonnian player here. RIP fantasy, but total war warhammer has helped me there.

Oddly enough when they killed the setting i gave it up but my brother and law picked AoS up. Can a bunch of knights bowmen and trebs be turned into something or is the game all about the new factions?
>>
>>53550794
Yes?

The SC! boxes aren't bad, get a good spread of units from all of them and they can make some good games. Unless you're Sylvaneth and you just make a Durthu and smash everything.
>>
>>53556185
New factions are strong but older ones do well. You may not see the top tables frequently (that's more a thing of Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs, Goblins and thundertusks, and Skave-Skryre) but in my experience bretonnia does very well in the mid tables (of those events I've been to). You're pretty functional and if the leaks we have seen via skimirmishes then I think that shock cavalry in general will improve a bit more.
>>
Hey guys. Looking to get into aos, probably stormcast eternals to atart, and looking at the starter box and the start collectingg one. The former has more models but the latter has the actual troop options. Thoughts?
>>
>>53556246
Get both and sell the khornates. With both you get three liberators and great weapons for two of them. You also get a full squad of five retributors and you get 2 trios of prosecutors. Also you get a good group of heroes. You can easily get 1100pts just with those boxes. Best way too.
>>
>>53556246
Not a bad idea, you'll complete your Retributor unit (5), get 2 generals for the Consummate Commander trait (use both of their abilities, which is epic imo), and you'll be pretty balanced. Ranged may be a little weak but that's a box of Judicators or Longstrikes. It's competitive I think.
>>
Shoild i run the retributors with or without starmaces. Also, will i really need all the liberators?
>>
File: IMG_2301.jpg (219KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2301.jpg
219KB, 1024x751px
You can't look at this image and tell me that Skaven aren't cute as fuck
>>
>>53556656
I have one Starsoul Mace per unit. Some run two with similar success. I would go for at least one.

Starsoul Maces are guaranteed D3 damage, just point at your opposing unit in the combat phase, say "D3 mortal wounds" and roll for it.
>>
Best khorne bloodbound formation?
>>
>>53556692
>new release when?
>>
>>53558096
I love using Dark Feast. It's probably nowhere near the best formation, but it's hilarious to spam Reavers. It might actually be the best for Blood Tithe come to think of it...
>>
>>53558096
Is the bloodbound warhorde in the everchosen book, the only thing it falls short against is armies that have literally 8 models.

Other than that probably gore pilgrims cause it fits into everything and makes your buffs more reliable.
>>
>>53558385
Sorry bloodmarked warhorde.
>>
>>53549973

I've seen many different ones and so far I don't think I've seen any that don't work. Personally, I've thrown Wulfrik the Wanderer's head on a Raptor, Skeleton onto the Lord Relictor, and various Free Company heads onto Liberators. Guy with the bandanna is a good one. Really, just about anything without a helmet, or too much on the head works well. Some of the ones from the IG sets go well too.
>>
Clan Skryre so Strong - why?
>>
>>53559506
only because of stormfieds and warpfire thrower. Still look cool
>>
File: 1488500363531.gif (854KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488500363531.gif
854KB, 380x380px
>>53536309
Actually i think the game is in a much better situation now than 6th or 7th. They nerfed utterly dominating armies like Tau and Eldar and brought back from the brink underplayed underperforming factions. Overall the game has a balance now, it's not perfect but it's way mroe balanced than it ever was from the end of 5th until now. The only people crying are WAACfags that had fotm armies to win tourneys by cheesing their way to victory.
>>
>>53560337
Aren't waacfags still going strong?
>>
File: AOS Tzeentch.jpg (100KB, 766x770px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Tzeentch.jpg
100KB, 766x770px
>>53536270
>So GW actually made it and nerfed every fuckin faction in 40k. Be ready for salty-quiters flood here

Jokes on them, I play Aetherstrike Stormcast
>>
>>53556692
Fuck, I don't really need a Doomwheel for my list but I will buy it
>>
You know, recently I learned something: the guy that leads cubicle 7 plays Fyreslayers and has started Kharadron. He says he wants to make a barak thryng army. With developers like these I feel safe our game will get love.
>>
>>53553990
>>53553950

I am kinda pissed that Free Peoples just don't have knights besides demigryph knights, though they still use horses?? Maybe in a future handbook I guess?

The pic is of the Kislev Winged Lancers from WHFB, the cover art of Riders of the Dead, which is a BADASS book and possibly my favorite Warhammer fantasy novel.

It really sucks they stopped selling all Bretonnian and Kislev and half of the Empire stuff, because the Free Peoples sets kind of lack variety. It seems to only be "not-Germany". Like come on man, give me my Not-Russia/Poland and not-France/England. Would be so cool to mix em in and make Freeguild armies even nicer looking.
>>
>>53558326
I just want plastic skyre shit
>>
>>53550945
Seconding. Been thinking about buying some AoS miniatures but want to check the rules first
>>
File: IMG_0839.png (113KB, 719x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0839.png
113KB, 719x771px
>>53537369
My wallet is not prepared for a grot release of any form
>>
>>53563854
This. So much this. I have a shit ton of moon clan waiting as well.
>>
>>53562122
They will be once good players figure put the game. Until then they are just going to shitpost.
>>
>>53534779
>>53534843
>>53535302
Its in the book.
Don't remember the name, they are giant pestilens machines that fucks with everything.
the biggest ones are literal metropolis where all the skaven lives troughout the war(which lasts for like at least 50 years if i recall correctly, so thats a lot of skaven generations)
again, Im not touching that book from when it came out, so my memory is blurry on the argument.
>>53536270
Thank god for that?
they made every army fluffier, easy to play and more fucking balanced.
Im playing again 40k after years.
>>53562122
Its warhammer. Literal home of Waacfags. at least online.
>>53560337
6th and 7th were a mistake.
>>53556234
get the starter, sell khorne, get start collecting.
>>
I'm new to this Stuff.. what does stuff like "cheesy list" or "fluffy list" means? Or what is a waac player?
>>
>>53539490
Best advice for Skirmish (especially early games), focus on units that have ranged attacks. Seriously, ranged is already pretty powerful in regular AoS, but in early Skirmish it is truly overpowered.
>>
>>53565166
>cheesy list
Overpowered, basically.
>fluffy list
A list built to reflect lore or your own narrative rather than purely for effectiveness.
>waac player
Win At All Costs. The guys that care more about winning instead of trying to have a good time with their opponent. They'll take the cheesiest lists, try to bend rules in their favor, perhaps even cheat.
>>
>>53565166
basically what >>53565910
said.
Always go for fluffy lists or something that tingles your hobby taste, but never, EVER get competitive.
Competitive wargaming is a fucking mistake.
>>
>>53565786
As a guy who plays a Venator and hunters who may switch to judicators, I agree.
>>
Every time someone combines marine bits with stormcast bits, either to make 'tru zcale' marines or just unique stormcasts, it ends up looking shite.
>>
File: 20170602_022509_crop_614x721.jpg (310KB, 614x721px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_022509_crop_614x721.jpg
310KB, 614x721px
Here be my lord aquilor, freshly assembled. I'm currently doing Stonecast eternals as my army theme. Everyone so far is kinda spooky and haunted, but I feel like the heroes deserve a great deal more detail and love.

Here's my question for /tg/: what would you do to make this guy a headless horseman sort of fellow? Obviously the headless bit, but colour wise?

I'm thinking of turning the feathers in to flame, as if the gryph charger was a hellish steed. It will be black, but I'm trying f to decide on regular red flames or something more blue/green/teal.

Thoughts
>>
>>53564935>>53535302
>>53534843

Actually the machines are Skryre 'Parasite Engines'. They feature in one of the Realmgate stories where Clan Skryre uses them in their corruption of a World Titan. They'd be very suitable for a big model release, although not at the scale shown in some of the artwork obviously (big as a city)
>>
I'm trying to read some of the Sigmarine-centric AoS novels but man, it is so distracting how literally everything is referred to by its in-game troop name.

I haven't played Age of Sigmar yet and am not intimately familiar with the different troop choices, so I'm having to constantly stop and look up things like Judicator and Bloodreaver. I mean I get that the books are supposed to be ads for the minis but Jesus GW took it a bit too far.
>>
>>53558554
I don't know if they would fit, but some Legio Custodes Saggitarum Guard helmets would be pretty neato.
>>
>>53569716
Maybe lesser parasite engines.
>>
>>53556074
why thank you anon. I got inspired by the tribe of cannibals from Game of Thrones to paint these guys up similarly
>>
>>53569727
sorry, thread for disagreeing with GW is over there
boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/53530636
>>
>>53571022
Get the fuck out please, you're shitty shilling makes the whole AoS community on /tg/ look bad.

>>53569727
It kind of depends on the troop they are referring to. Calling every Corsair a Black Ark Corsair will get mighty distracting. But refering to a Judicator as a Stormcast Eterenal Crossbowmen sounds stupid as well. A good author should use the in-universe names but also describe what they are doing so that it makes sense for people who might not exactly know. For example

>Clad in their golden plate, the Judicators took up their position on the hill to fire their mighty crossbows.

it describes their appearance and weapons while still using the name.
>>
Put the head on, but paint it like you would a spirit host.
>>
>>53571057
Or they could teach you earlier on in the narritive what they are
>>
>>53571084
I'm not a fan of in universe exposition told via explaining dialog. I prefer more organic discoveries during the plot of the novel/story
>>
>>53571057
piss off, FB fag, go play with your ancient models
>>
>>53564935
>they made every army fluffier

Heh, tell that to AdMech player, especially Skitarii after reap the Sicarians from their fluff defining rules and turn the rustalkers into shit, Ranger's AP magically gone, and Arc weapons turn from dedicated anti tank into mediocre anti infantry while eldar haywire still get mortal wound against vehicles.

To be honest, after playtested it, it actually becomes more like a half-assed rushjob rather than actual balancing
>>
>>53571693
Anon probably meant army selection, a lot of cool units that wouldn't see the light of day in 7th are now good enough to field again.

Most of the time it results in armies that are closer to how they are imagined in the fluff.
>>
>>53540386
swole af
>>
>>53541644
>>53542700
Why is kroak filthy on vortex?
>>
File: IMG_2309.jpg (351KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2309.jpg
351KB, 608x800px
What are the odds of my local GW allowing these rules for play since FW is slow as fuck on making a simple rules download sheet.

This is from TGA forums
>>
>>53573366
Where do these guys get the assets to make it look like that? Stuff like the fonts and the background and shit. Mainly the backgrounds, borders and icons
>>
>>53556656
If you have +hit bonuses the regular maces are better, but that's not always the case

I would build them with Starsouls and just tell your opponent what they are equipped with
>>
>>53558096
G O R E P I L G R I M S
>>
Here's our content for the month, Warscroll Builder is now on the Warhammer Community site
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
>>
>>53574678

Nah, pretty sure we may get some teaser.

Right?

...Right?
>>
>>53532390
Still got that ePub? Link not working
>>
>>53576146
https://mega.nz/#!JNcgTYjD!5fjMR_22LZe9G8DG0w8_WaO6e3fG8Mgp0wPnX2Gy8kg
>>
>>53576195
Thank you!
>>
>>53573066
Because celestial deliverance's random range gets huge and the bonus to cast increases the chance of casting it multiple times. That being said, comet's call is already global and Kroak is already pretty durable so he isn't getting the maximum out of the vortex
Some of the dirtier things to put on top of it are celestial hurricanum (bonus points for being an eye sore) and a gaunt summoner with treacherous bond, for example
>>
Has anyone played shadows over hammerhall here? My friends who are not into wargames liked silver tower and it's co-op. Would you recommend SoH?
>>
File: Warscroll-Builder-Button-1.png (252KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Warscroll-Builder-Button-1.png
252KB, 500x333px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
So new builder works fine. It's exactly the same builder we used to use but on GW site
>>
>>53573066
It's a combination of his already powerful casting and his unique defensive mechanic combined with the offensive and defensive bonuses that the Vortex gives him
>>
File: 1496085113827.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496085113827.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>
File: tumblr_ob5fw5aIuv1tc8piko1_400.gif (782KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob5fw5aIuv1tc8piko1_400.gif
782KB, 371x209px
>>53577008
>>
>>53577175
clearly his would like some elves to be released for the game. I tend to agree.
>>
>>53575787
We have had a good couple of months. It is 40keks turn now.
>>
>>53577737

I honestly wish we were back to 2015's style. Not in terms of quality mind you (nothing to write home about of the initial releases) but in focus: one month 40k, one month AoS, etc. Hopefully we get at least a week monthly, like 40k's gotten these last 4 months. In theory the GHB II would fall better this july.
>>
>>53577008
I basically quit AoS due to lack of faction support. All I want is to play my draconis and eldtritch council together and have some form of synergy.
>>
>>53579707
things were better with the compendiums when the high elves were sill all one army. After the shattering where all the elves got blasted into tiny worthless sub-factions it became unplayable.
>>
>>53579707
Use the compendium warscrolls instead

High Elves are High Tier when you play them with compendium warscrolls
>>
>>53579906
inb4 bitching about not using the latest version of warscrolls because its "cheating".
>>
>>53574638
My bloody brutha!
>>
I'm going to leave this here:

http://forums.cubicle7.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8535

It's the thread of news from cubicle 7 regarding the AoSRP, I think it is good to show our interest and nag them a few questions. Go brethren and join'em!
>>
File: w0UBKZl.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
w0UBKZl.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
Are there any good forums for AoS? I was amazed to find Warseer basically dead.

On another note, anyone playing Orcs for Skirmish with any tips?
>>
File: IMG_3993.gif (304KB, 268x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3993.gif
304KB, 268x152px
>>53579707
I'm tempted to now because of death. Where by boys in bones at?
>>
>>53581931
Dakkadakka has a decent volume of community. Other than that it's The Grand Alliance. They are strict about behavior, wanting their members to be polite and civil, and are stringent on that aspect. If you know how to behave yourself you'll be fine no matter your leaning.

Bring a Megaboss and an ardboy at renown 30. Relive the adventures of Don Killote and his loyal git Sanchork Spamma.
>>
>>53581931
If you need to pull a bunch of guys from an objective, a Big Stabba is not only cool but it pulls EVERYTHING
Then you get to snipe with the mortal wounds on death after it has been a pretty decent unit already
>>
Hey /tg/ was digging around my basement and found a bunch of Dwarf models from when I was young and stupid with my money. Is it worth converting over to Age of Sigmar with them? And what will I need to round out my army if I do play? So far I've found:

1 Noble with Greatweapon
1 Master Engineer with Rifle
1 Dragon Slayer with Greatweapon
1 Runelord with Runic Staff
1 Gyrocopter
25 Hammerers
20 Iron Breakers
5 Iron Breaker Command Squad
1 Canon
1 Organ Gun
Multiple Assorted Warriors, Thunderers, Quarrelers, Longbeards.
>>
File: 5532408728_8142ae143c_m.jpg (30KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
5532408728_8142ae143c_m.jpg
30KB, 230x240px
>>53582170
Fanks, senpai.

>>53582494
I've no idea what a Big Stabba is. I assume it's a lance. Time to read that rulebook.
>>
>>53532390
I want to play Nurgle. I have one box of Putrid Blightkings and one Festus, what should I get next?
>>
File: fug dis.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
fug dis.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>almost two years into this game
>nothing but stormcast eternals
>no moral humans
>lore is nonexistent
>fanbase is somehow worse than 40k
yeah I give up

theres no hope for this game
>>
Hi guys. Been thinking to start playing AoS. Where do I download the basic rules? When I try to download the AoS Primer from GW it leads to nowhere
>>
Kek the death of this bad try of game has come before I thought
>>
>>53583989
There is no normal dudes faction?
>>
>>53571959
>Most of the time it results in armies that are closer to how they are imagined in the fluff.

More like 50:50, half of the factions and their wargear stat makes them do the exact opposite of their actual fluff like the Sicarians he mentioned earlier
>>
How simple is this game compared to something like 40k? My friends and I are thinking about playing either over tabletop simulator. I prefer 40k's lore, the other prefers fantasy, and I think the quality of the rules will make up the decision.
>>
>>53584715
8th edition 40k is coming out in about two weeks and it's fairly similar to AoS. If 40k interests you more I'd play 8th Edition 40k.

The nice thing about AoS is that it's easy to play casually. The rules are simple enough that you can just buy a few boxes of things that fancy you, make a quick army, and play casual games. It doesn't take a lot of headspace getting used to esoteric, bloated rulessets.
>>
>>53583989
Bye Felicia
>>
File: stop.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
>>53584770
>Bye Felicia
>>
>>53584935
Nah. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
>>
>tfw I'm planning to go to 40k 8th release party
>tfw only gonna buy Sigmar stuff
>>
>>53583989
>>no moral humans

serious, my barbarian chaos army is more human than any order army
>>
>>53583989
Yeah, morality is a bit shit in AoS.

Since you weren't a follower of this game and actually an idiotic grognard we aren't missing anything in truth. Thanks for doing us a favor,
>>
>>53589035
>anyone I dont like on tg is a grognard
nice buzzword
>>
>>53584011
Just google "aos rules".
>>
File: IMG_2648.jpg (177KB, 1131x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2648.jpg
177KB, 1131x637px
'sup guys. I finally got my copy of the Skirmish rules and we're planning a store campaign starting at 50pts per warband.
Going over my warband so far leaves me with this:
>Knight-Questor - 20
>Vanguard-Hunter - 6
>Vanguard-Hunter - 6
>Vanguard-Hunter - 6
That means I have a cool 12pts to spend. How do you feel about a Vanguard-Raptor to round out the warband? Having a fire-support guy might be cool. Sniper or machine gunner?
Also, should I build the guy running to match the rest of the warband?
>>
>>53589841
I'd have him standing, preferably with a bird, because that'd set him apart from the rest.
>>
So what is he best renown limit to start a campaign with? 25 is too low for a lot of armies, this leaves 35, 40 and 50 as reasonable starting points.
>>
>>53591165
Agreed. Even though 25 is what the Skirmish book said, it just seems much too low to be practical. 30 or 35 might be a good number.
>>
Should I play Greenskinz or Ironjawz?
>>
>>53591597
greenskinz for horde army, ironjaws for small elite army
>>
>>53591597
Play either ironjawz for beefy elite army or boneplitterz for horde army, greenskins aren't alllthat great compared to these two
>>
Heres my final list for my mortals of khorne army where the core is brass stampede cavalry, what do you guys think, anything to remove and replace? Plan is to buff the shit out of blood warriors, tie up the enemy while cavalry flanks.

Mortals of Khorne [1940pts]

Leader

Mighty Lord of Khorne [140pts]

Bloodaxe & Wrath-hammer

Bloodsecrator [120pts]

Bloodsecrator [120pts]

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut [140pts]

General

Battleline

Blood Warriors [200pts]

10x Blood Warriors, Goreglaive, Icon Bearers, Paired Goreaxes

Blood Warriors [200pts]

Blood Warriors [200pts]

Other

Mighty Skullcrushers [320pts]

Bloodglaive, Hornblowers, 6x Mighty Skullcrushers, Standard Bearers

Mighty Skullcrushers [160pts]

Bloodglaive, Hornblowers, 3x Mighty Skullcrushers, Standard Bearers

Mighty Skullcrushers [320pts]

Bloodglaive, Hornblowers, 6x Mighty Skullcrushers, Standard Bearers

Battalion

Battalion: Brass Stampede [80pts]
>>
>>53589600
>Pops out of nowhere and spouts some random claims saying there's no hope.
>Expects that people won't figure out.

Dude, did the romans from Asterix and Obelix teach you the arts of discretion?
>>
>>53583989
>nothing but stormcast eternals
But you know that's not true
>lore is nonexistent
Yeah, pretty much this but at least we have few novels and a RPG is coming
>fanbase is somehow worse than 40k
Oh, I wouldn't say so. I'm playing both and 40k is the most cancerous community I have ever met
>>
>>53589841
To hell with the questor. Take the Venator. I've been running the Venator and hunters and plan on adding hurricane raptors.

From my experience so far (about 10 games played), you'll make better use of those 9 attacks. It's going to be quite likely that someone will be within 18". Having 9 attacks will let you deal with hordes AND high wounds.

The hunters have been awesome, too.
>>
>>53591165
We are doing 35 and if you buy a hero or unit or whatever from the shop you get an extra point or two. It feels pretty good as a starting point
>>
>>53592559
Not that guy, but shooting is obnoxious enough in a normal game, and in skirmish it's even more apparent. Different tastes I guess but I wouldn't have fun running a ranged stormcast warband, and I'm certain it wouldn't be fun for my opponent either.
>>
File: 1492977781728.gif (201KB, 660x780px) Image search: [Google]
1492977781728.gif
201KB, 660x780px
Any example lists for the new Skirmish rules?

I've a load of Warhammer models, haven't played AoS and want to pick this up.
>>
>>53591996
Skullreapers out perform Bloodwarriors imo. You could replace the MLoK and a Bloodsecretor and pick up 20x of them with a Slaughterpriest. With Daemonblades +1 attack and the +1 hit blessing a group of 10 does 40 3+/3+ reroll hits of 1 attacks, then on average an additional extra 15 mortal wounds which alone is more than 10 bloodwarriors will do with the same total wounds. That leaves an extra 200 as well.
>>
>>53593621
skullreapers seem ok but getting 20 of them would cost me 240 euros, for almost the same money i could get all 30 blood warriors and 9 skullcrushers.
>>
>>53592984
For me, it goes along with my Vanguard fluff theme. That's why I picked it, anyways. I wanted to do the lord aquilor for themes sake, but I realized why he's not in there.

You are right, though. It's absurd. The Venator is hella strong, but only because of the star fated arrow. Things like the first scenario (clash at dawn) with the turn-based ranges help my opponents a lot.

All thing considered, range hasn't actually some a whole lot. My hunters have most been successful with their melee attacks. The reason I like them is because they have the pistol and melee both, which are average at best. Running and shooting is wonderful though. Play with a heavily terrain'd board and you'll do well.
>>
>>53592022
yep you got me just an ebin troll xd

>>53592121
>But you know that's not true
idk man looking at the webstore you can clearly see which army gets more love. I just wish they gave a shit to release more new factions (fantasy repackages like ogres dont count as a "new faction" in my opinion)

>Oh, I wouldn't say so. I'm playing both and 40k is the most cancerous community I have ever met
40k is shit but ive never seen more insecure players then from AoS
>>
File: IMG_3542.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3542.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>53583989
GW just doesn't care about AOS. For us, we are treated like a starving beggar. We're given JUST enough food every now and again, so that we stick around. AOS is just a piggy bank for GW to sneak some extra profits out of on rainy days.
>>
>>53583989
Sigmar works if you ignore everything that isn't SCE, Tzeentch, Khorne, or combined Fyreslayers/KO and just play the game like it has four factions.

I don't understand why they want to go for this piecemeal release crap and these half-ass mini factions with 5 unit ranges while the majority of everything from fantasy is shelved.
>>
>>53593043
Grab whatever you have, look at the points and brew up something that seems to be fun to run. What models do you have?
>>
Arcane Bolt in skirmish is pretty damn cancerous, fuck wizards
>>
>>53597292
No specifics but:
A ton of Warhammer Dwarfs
A load of Ogres
A load of Goblins
Two boxes worth of Skaven from the old Skaven vs Elves box
>>
>>53597718
>A ton of Warhammer Dwarfs
Then you are good to go. Dispossessed have 10 different heroes and units for use in Skirmish
>Two boxes worth of Skaven from the old Skaven vs Elves box
Also good base. If you want to play matched instead of campaign you can have some fun with Warlock, Packmaster and ogors
>>
>>53537160
There was an interview that said you might see TK in like 10 years if they ever make a NEW game system, and there are no plans to bring them back in AoS.
>>
>>53597970
That's cool, obviously I need to do some research. Thanks.
>>
File: DA6VayfWAAAWMAZ.jpg (123KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DA6VayfWAAAWMAZ.jpg
123KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>53598751
Looks terrible, head is way too small
>>
Are factions that are based on Fantasy armies such as Greenskinz just filler so people can use existing models or will GW continue to support them?
>>
>>53592559
Yeah, about the Knight-Venator...
If that bastard is as viciously powerful in Skirmish as he is in Hinterlands I'd rather not. I've used him and a trio of Prosecutors there and it basically was a slaughter.
>>
>>53600579
No. Bonesplitterz, BCR, FEC and Seraphon are all old world armies with books (and renames, but then again everyone is renamed already)
>>
>>53600046
He looks gorgeous.
>>
>>53600668
Oh, OK so Greenskinz could get their own book, along with Free Peoples and so on?

The sad little mini shelf in my local GW for them made me think they're only sticking around until everyone's got a new army.
>>
>>53600702
I think they will eventually. Dunno when but I think everyone's safe and on the path of growth.
>>
>>53600702
A good chunk of the old shit already has new books.
>>
File: DBBNxqRWsAAgM5i.jpg (598KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DBBNxqRWsAAgM5i.jpg
598KB, 2048x1536px
>>53600046
>>
File: WARRIORPRIEST.jpg.jpg (33KB, 595x894px) Image search: [Google]
WARRIORPRIEST.jpg.jpg
33KB, 595x894px
>>53598751

Looks fantastic. Better than my shite lol.

(first models after a decade of no painting)
>>
File: DBTbbaQXoAE8xrG.jpg (192KB, 1105x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DBTbbaQXoAE8xrG.jpg
192KB, 1105x1200px
NEW
TOMB
KANGZ
>>
>>53601199

Holy shit. Is that a conversion from dark age of sigmar/ex profundis or is it a new model?
>>
>>53563394
I really hope they will redesign the Free Peoples to either have more variety/cultures, or be more...Azyrlike. They've been living along the Stormcasts preparing for war for generations, there should be more stylistic crossover in future models.
>>
>>53569727
The realmgate wars BL books are all pretty much product placement tie-ins. Some are competently written for GW, but they're still ads for SCE and chaos.
>>
>>53601544

Yeah definitely. I would like to see more humans than just fantasy Germany.
>>
>>53600818
>>53600801
Well it looks from an outsider's perspective that they're effectively retiring all the old (not quite) generic fantasy stuff.

I can't imagine them doing Fyreslayers, Overlords and then also doing classic Dwarves.
>>
>>53601969
They can't really retire the factions. They can retire old models eventually, but non-fyre/KO duardin are already in background, as are aelfs and other legacy re-names.
>>
>>53601199
>Imperium symbols
>Purity seals
>Tomb king
>>
>>53602111

this

I think it's one of those Inquisimunda things
>>
>>53573366
>It has Fimir
God bless you anon
>>
>>53582549
IMO yes. I play mainly Dispossessed, without any cannons and such atm, and they're stupid tough to everything except MW spam (and there's still some slight saves for that, just not great). I can only imagine if you threw old-school artillery in there they would be pretty good to be honest. If nothing else, what do you lose by giving it a try?
>>
>>53601969
Well, it's true that they probably won't update the old factions as we know them, but it's not impossible. Beastclaw Raiders and Flesh Eater Courts got some love. As far as Dwarfs are concerned, I believe that if they updated them, it would be with a little extra flavor, such as dialing up the rune theme to 11 or something. In the end, they still exist in the setting. Until GW officially kills them off then there is some semblance of hope.
>>
>>53604106
The toughness is the biggest thing I'm missing with the overlords. I love the new theme but miss the old shield toting dwarf that shrugged off all hits. Wish kharadron could take a gust of wind haha
>>
>>53604583
Dispossessed have an *almost* army-wide ability to reroll all failed saves in the combat phase if they don't run or charge. Even your ranged troops--which, Quarrellers aren't terrible in CC either; they're basically Warriors with one worse to Hit, but with a ranged attack, for 20 points more. Runelords can give (on a 2+ prayer) any Dispossessed unit a 6+ save-after-the-save, which is also your only MW defense. Ironbreakers ignore Rend of -1.

All that together = an army that is not very mobile at all, but very hard to budge. So, you know, very dwarf-y. Finding some way to ally in MW or more/better Rend, and longer ranged troops, would (in theory anyway) go very well. I imagine Thunderers (KO ones, not dwarf ones) would fit pretty well into that. Put 'em behind your shieldwalls, let them shoot things apart, and if they do get charged, just retreat them back out.

Shit, I need to go buy some Thunderers now I think.
>>
I purchased and built around 1k points of Ironjawz but now i'm getting buyer remorse while thinking about my original idea of buying bonezone and vampires. What do?
>>
Yes, it's from Inq28.
>>
File: breton.jpg (85KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
breton.jpg
85KB, 620x300px
Has anybody made Skirmish point costs for legacy armies? I'd like to play against a friend but he was a Bretonnian player and there's no costs for compendium armies in the book.
>>
>>53607837
IronJawz look fucking awesome and it's only 1000 points. Why not both?

Ironjawz are the orciest orcs after 500 years of orcing and their solution to advancing tech was to get bigger and stronger.
>>
>>53609240
Heroes: [point]/5
Units: ([points]/[unit size])/5

No behemoth, no artillery
>>
Tell him to collect an army that will actually get updates. Tell him to throw away his shitty square bases and movement trays.
>>
>>53609275
Thanks a bunch! Would the unit size be min or max size?
>>
>>53609371
Min size. Minium 1 model per warscroll. Establish maximum as 20 per mobs and 10 for knights.
>>
Post your dudes. Here are my dudes, a fun little mix of chaos daemons, beastmen and Nurgle rotbringers
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

I will upload pictures and blurbs of fluff for my Blightkings when they are done
>>
>>53609689
Nice, full of detail, I remember reading this a few month ago when you only had the beastmen and slaves to darkness
>>
File: 1494155084040.jpg (121KB, 777x582px) Image search: [Google]
1494155084040.jpg
121KB, 777x582px
>>53611039
Have a chaos sorcerer (pic related) that I need to include as well, I only have his base to finish.
>>
>buy Ironjawz warband
>try to assemble them like box
>can't because they didn't give the same bodies as the box art

Thanks, GW.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.