[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 71

File: Vending Machine.gif (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vending Machine.gif
2MB, 1920x1080px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Amazon...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53475748
>Shopping_Channel_Vashon_For_The_Rest_Of_Us.trid
>Dynamit_Test_Drive.sim
>Selling_To_You.aro
>Thugs_For_Hire.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 150 (80% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Have I got a deal for you'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Victorias_Secret_Persuasive_Saleswoman.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever try to buy dragon eggs wholesale

Shopping Montage! Where do you buy your stuff? Food at the Stuffer Shack, 20¥ clothes from street vending machines? Real lilies delivered by armoured car? Bespoke cyberware from troll designer/artisan twins in the Underground? Chinese melodramas imported and dubbed by triads with R1 linguasofts? AR posters of the latest blockbusters from freelance artists?
>>
How do I become unstoppable?
>>
>>53527096
Be Denzel Washington on a train in a mediocre-to-good movie.
>>
>>53527096
If you want to be a tank? Cyberware, lots of it. If you want to be in a tank? Mack Hellhound. If you want to blow through everything in your path with sheer speedforce? Dodge Scoot.
>>
>>53527463
I just want the run team to see the building start exploding when the HTR arrives, and then nearby buildings as the firefight progresses.
>>
File: 1437265693881.jpg (481KB, 1200x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1437265693881.jpg
481KB, 1200x1139px
>>53527501
Install a missile launcher in your Roadmaster (I recommend the Ballista, it can self-guide and launch from anywhere), specialize in binding Combat spirits, get a MGL-12 to carry around yourself with lots of Hi-Ex. But as a rule you are not going to have more firepower than the professional anti-terrorist squads funded by a multinational multibillion-nuyen corporation.
>>
>>53527597
I know it is hard to out-firepower the HTR, but I truly want it.
Ideally they need thor shots.
>>
File: 1437956321437.jpg (243KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1437956321437.jpg
243KB, 1024x942px
>>53527642
Ideally, but practically they only need to wait for your team to hang you out to dry because Poor Self Control (Sadistic), Combat Junkie, and Superhuman Psychosis are too much for them to deal with.

'Massive Destruction' as a character gimmick is a terrible idea in all but the pinkest of mohawk games.
>>
>>53527732
That's what I'm going for.
>>
File: 1444077392159.jpg (100KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
1444077392159.jpg
100KB, 700x462px
>>53527803
Then you better make damn sure everyone else you're playing with is OK with every run being a consequence-free slugfest.
>>
20th anniversary edition question.

what kind of fun interesting shit can I cram into a physical adept specializing into being a melee+infiltration expert

>equipment
I want do things with an extendable spear as my primary weapon and a staff for walking around with.
thrown and exotic weapons are a plus

>silliness
on the sliding scale of "full pink mowhawk" to "black trenchcoat and glasses" I want to play it someplace in the middle perhaps a small bit on the trenchcoat side of gritty .

>character habits
I'm thinking of playing the 'jovial wanderer' style of person.
the sort that strolls along in good weather whistling, dropping money in beggars cups.
I want this so I can try playing something other than a gritty drug-abusing cynic.

>random shit
no drugs
no artificial or after-market parts
no swords
no guns or very limited guns
WHAT QUIRKY BULLSHIT CAN I THROW IN?
bog standard karma-gen
any old splat-book will do for now
must have cash left over to buy, at minimum, a small reliable car.
>>
>>53527001
Do we have an ETA on the next book? It's the techomancer one, I think.
>>
If I have a pair of obvious cyberfeet to use skimmers, do they both need customized agility and strength to match the rest of my body, or will they drag me down completely?
>>
>>53528747
Heat death of the Universe +5
>>
>>53528932
Stats get averaged for stuff that uses your whole body.
So you should increase Agi. STR is fine to keep in your arms only though.
>>
>>53530641
With your Wireless Bonus activated it's Heat death of the Universe +7.
>>
File: SmugGrin.jpg (35KB, 278x389px) Image search: [Google]
SmugGrin.jpg
35KB, 278x389px
>>53528747
>he thinks it's actually coming
>>
File: 0.jpg (57KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
57KB, 240x400px
>>53528932
>not using skates
>not ballerina-twirl slicing your enemies throats open
>>
>>53531247
You could do that in corp buildings by taking off your shoes and sliding on the polished floors with your socks anon.
>>
>>53532529
I think he meant slicing through them with the skates, not just moving with them
>>
>>53527096

My friend played a tanky character with 30-40 armor dice. I know that's not really that high for armor dice but stick with me and I'll tell you why its bullshit to run with a guy like this.

Typically a tank character puts his entire focus into being a tank and anything that's not combat related is stuffed into the garbage bin. So if you're looking for help in social interactions the tank is about as helpful as a potato. Likewise the tank will be mundane and not good at legwork and sneaking? Fuhgeddaboudit. I've had sessions where the Tank just sat at the table contributing nothing because he had no skill sets outside of combat.

The Tank will also refuse to take off his armor. You can't convince a turtle to come out of his shell and the same principle with the Tank. Good luck convincing the security drone that your friend isn't wearing milspec, he's just cosplaying.

There is no quiet getaway. There may be getaways, but with a Tank they aren't quiet. Inevitably during the run the Tank will get bored/panic and do his best impression of the Juggernaut (Bitch I'm Ketchup!). Suddenly you find yourself speeding down alleys and backstreets with the Tank in the back of whatever vehicle your driving and your desperately calling in favors that you can't afford to your contacts to find a safe secure way out of the hot zone.

The tank will never learn. Any exploded building or frentic shootout or metacritter ambush the Tank walks away from is a win but more importantly for him it validates his armor and inevitably his Logic (which will be his dump stat) will be 'I barely survived that HRT, DocWagon, and KE ambush, I guess I need MORE armor'
>>
File: Skimmers Gone Wrong.png (905KB, 900x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Skimmers Gone Wrong.png
905KB, 900x1319px
>>53528932
I would match STR with your natural attribute, just to avoid any hinky math - it's cheap to do and takes no capacity to Customize.

If you have the money, probably a good idea to Customize your feet with max AGI, just for the extra meters when you run.
>>
Wait if I coat my arms in the dual natured plant fiber from Hard Targets does that mean I can punch in Astral?
>>
>>53533784
The biofiber pocket just blocks Astral Perception - nothing says it is dual natured. It's a living plant, which is why it can't be seen through (living beings having auras).
>>
>>53533784
Speed does not matter in the astral; it's still just plant fibre, but you can pick astral stuff up and otherwise be annoying to non-materialised/physical entities. Provided you have some idea where they are, and they don't kill your plant fibres.
>>
>>53534022
>Living things in general are not active on the astral plane but still cast a reflection of themselves there. This reflection is called an aura; it appears as a shining, vibrant, colorful luminescence.

>Anything active on the astral plane, including spirits, active foci, dual-natured beings, etc., has a tangible astral form. These forms are more colorful and brighter than auras, as they are astrally “real.”

>This pocket is lined with biofiber, a bioengineered form of dual-natured plant life

>dual-natured (meaning you have presence in both the physical and astral planes simultaneously)
>>
>>53534022
Unmm "a bioengineered form of dual-natured plant life" It is?

>>53534023
Then how an Astraly Perciving adept can hurt astral beings?
>>
>>53534056
mb, didn't see dual-natured in the pocket's description
>>
File: reaction624.gif (1MB, 322x281px) Image search: [Google]
reaction624.gif
1MB, 322x281px
>tfw can't mod a shotgun to have high enough conceal

May as well use heavy pistols for that. Which sucks because I love the idea of suddenly drawing out a small double barreled shotgun and blasting someone in the face.
>>
>>53534153
Remington Roomsweeper?
>>
>>53534175
Well hot daymn I completely missed that one, thanks anon.
>>
File: Revolver Shotgun Pistol.jpg (11KB, 400x190px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Shotgun Pistol.jpg
11KB, 400x190px
>>53534175
>>53534198
The Roomsweeper uses the Pistols skill - it only uses Shotgun rules for spread of flechettes.

So if all you want is to spread shot around, go for it, but otherwise it's just an acceptable-but-not-great heavy pistol.
>>
>>53532529
https://youtu.be/ZXFrWjySa6I?t=5
>>
>>53534303
Yeah, just trying to decide over what weapons to use.
I'm building a tanky sorta dwarf who will lug around a shield in the off-hand and use a one handed weapon. Problem is the best one handed weapon is probably an SMG and even they're not that great.
>>
>>53534101
>Then how an Astraly Perciving adept can hurt astral beings?
By attacking on the astral plane. Even foci need to be bonded and have a connection to the user to be effective. Moving fast isn't enough. Otherwise projecting mages would fuck anything astrally active up by ramming it at 5km/turn.
>>
>>53534101
>Then how an Astraly Perciving adept can hurt astral beings?
Because he is then dual natured.
>>
>>53534153
>mfw people complain about Concealment without knowing just how much you can stack it in your favour through bonuses, qualities, and palming.
>>
>>53534342
I think a hip bracing system could work if you want to wield shotgun one handed and convince your GM
Or cyberimplanted one?
>>
>>53534374
Just being dual natured isn't enough. That's the point. Dual natured biofibre pockets will not give you an astral attack. (assuming you have astral powder or eyedrops to get around the mundane astral perception issue)
>>
>>53534402
I'll have to ask my GM if he'll allow one-handed shotguns if I shortened the barrels and removed the stocks. The Defiance T–250 does have a short barrel version that uses heavy pistol ranges. It's also core, so that range decrease may not apply for other shotguns.
>>
>>53534430
Or a gyromount modified to fit shotguns and be used one-handed. Though that does fly in the face of concealability, but so does a riot shield (or a dwarf with a 40lb briefcase).
>>
>>53534367
Damm you magic! You foil my plans to stop you yet again!
>>
>>53534421
It gives the plant the ability to attack. Is the plant attacking when you swing it around?
>>
>>53534498
Oh, the shield is only for loud and proud situations. The plan is to use skimmers to boost towards the enemy, attract attention towards myself, then become a one man shield wall.

If we need to be sneaky, suits are perfectly fine, and so are concealed SMGs. He's actually a face/tank hybrid of sorts. Should be fun, although I'm stretched a bit at chargen.
>>
File: raven.jpg (18KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
18KB, 250x188px
So, shadowrunning is generally mercenary work done while the corporations are not in a "hot" war.
How do you feel about mercenary work while the corporations are at full tilt war?
>>
>>53534623
Sounds superfluous. Corps already have standing militaries, and shadowrunners don't offer any advantages like Armored Core pilots do with superior skills and tech.

Corps already own plenty of high-skilled mages and HRT units.
>>
Only played 4e, Gonna be playing 5e, Can someone summarize limits for me so I know whether or not I need to get limit related traits or not?
>>
File: 1486238949237.jpg (133KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486238949237.jpg
133KB, 600x900px
>>53534886
Math is you get ~one hit per three dice you roll. If your limit is 3, then statistically you're going to be wasting hits if you have more than 9 dice in your pool. That said, it's trivial to raise your limit with decent attributes/gear. I always try to get at least one bracket above (if my largest social diepool is 9, I want a limit of at least 4) to cover situational bonuses.

If you make a decent character, your limits should be fine. They only really come into play with certain types of cheesebuilds (like minmaxed adepts), though occasionally you do roll really well and have to watch some hits go to waste. And stuff like your physical limit and knockdown, but if you are going to be a physical character anyways you very rarely have to worry about that.

And Accuracy, but that's so easy to mod that it's barely in the game in all, unless you use only the most crap weapons.
>>
>>53528618
radiation elemental attack is 100% legit even for non toxic adept and is 100% nasty
>>
>>53534886
5e is retarded, stay with 4e if possible.
>>
>>53534623
Sounds pretty good to me. Both sides in the Amazonia war used runners in addition to their own troops. Runners get to do what runners do and Corps get to commit war crimes without using their own guys. Deniable assets and all that jazz.
>>
>>53535214
So much Jazz, yeah.
>>
>>53535342
>using Jazz in a warzone

K-10 or go back to boot
>>
>>53535376
>Dose up on K-10 for sweet trip and kills
>Unit gets hit by grenades with more K-10
>Enter valhalla as my heart explodes from my chest and rampages on a shadowrunner massacre.
>WITNESSED
>>
"Additionally, at creation characters can
only possess at most 25 Karma worth of Positive Qualities and 25 Karma worth of Negative Qualities" is this legit? 5e you only get 25 karma worth of shit at gen?
Or is it changed in another book.
>>
>>53536180
Only 25 karma worth of Qualities, yeah. You can spend karma for contacts, spells, attributes, skill and other shit though.

It's capitalized for a reason, chummer.
>>
I'm getting a hang of GMing shadowrun, but I'm still somewhat uncertain about making my encounters as challenging as I want them to be.
Coming from DnD where you can (somewhat accurately) calculate how challenging an encounter is this is even more of a "paradigm shift" to me.

Yes, there's some example grunts in the rules with professional ratings, and I also know that encounters don't have to be balanced, like they are in DnD, but without knowing roughly how a group of 3 runners will fare against 4 rating 4 yakuza grunts I can't design the encounter properly, whether the runners will get horribly slaughtered, or the yakuza are as good as dead – and looking forward, when thinking: "This is their base, it's heavily guarded, runners should have a really hard time breaking in through the front door" how do I know when I reached the level of "Kicking in the front door is basically suicide" without placing a literal tank at the other side of the door? (kinda hard to place in a mafia hideout cellar – plus shadowrunner vs. tank is suicide anyways)

What I've come to find over 3 games is that rating 4 grunts equal about one shadowrunner fresh out of chargen, and if it looks like the encounter the players should be able to beat is way too hard sneakily remove some on site reinforcements that the players haven't seen yet, or the other way around, add some, if its way too easy (then again, sneakily removing grunts doesn't work if they're all on the map, because the decker checks all camera feeds, or they have sniper overwatch, or …)

>tl;dr
How to balance shadowrun encounters, coming from DnD where I can clearly/with maths say "Grunt A and 2* Grunt B is a Hard, but possible encounter".
>>
>>53537438
You don't. If they fuck up and HTR comes their way they fucked up and it is for them to solve and you can help them with some GM-magic but don't try to balance a world where money is power and they going against AAA corporations
>>
>>53537438
When making NPCs compare a few things to the PCs:
>Do the NPCs outnumber the PCs?
>Do the NPCs have similar or higher initiative than the PCs?
>Can the NPCs consistently hit/damage the PCs?
>Can the NPCs consistently dodge/soak the players attacks?

0: dont even bother rolling init
1: cakewalk
2: speedbump/delay
3: tough encounter
4: TPK
>>
>>53535116
neat, I'll look into it.

core ability?
or will I have to dig through splat-books?
>>
>>53534886
You will rarely run into a circumstance where limits reduce your dicepool, so you can generally ignore them unless you minmax to hell.
>>
File: Run.png (122KB, 269x300px) Image search: [Google]
Run.png
122KB, 269x300px
I really like the idea of the berserker adept powers. Suddenly flipping your switch and turning into a crazy raging barbarian sounds amazing. Difficulty is I really can't find a proper place for those powers. Drugs can do a similar job (ableit with addiction troubles but that can be easily worked around) and if you're building to be a combat monster your physical stats will be high anyway, so your mental ones will suffer even more.
Only use I can think of it is inserting it into an adept build centered around being smart, then flipping the berserk switch when you need to fight. But really I can't think of a complete build revolving around that.
>>
>>53537438
Don't worry about whether an enemy has a similar power level to your players, only worry about if they are a reasonable enemy to fight considering the circumstances.

For example, if your runners are running around in the Barrens they will more likely come against low-power gangers who can get killed easily. That's reasonable considering the area.

If your players decide to rush Essen and claim lowfyr's hoard for themselves they are going to come up against elite milspec and get totally curbstomped, and that's reasonable too.

If the mission your runner's are on has a chance of placing them against some hardcore enemies it is your player's job to AVOID THEM with legwork, stealth, diplomacy, etc. Player's don't have to 100% kill the opposition to succeed, nor should they.
>>
>>53538712
I feel like this is one of the more important lessons of Shadowrun. You aren't going to win every fight, so better avoid them as much as possible.

It's also the more logical choice. Why risk your life in a firefight if you have other options? Dead security also makes retaliation way more likely.
>>
>>53538681
Do a mix of both. You could take a point of essence loss for Nephritic Screen, Auto-injectors, Narco, etc, and also take the basic Berserking power. Then you can pick and choose which you need, or pop them both when you need to really go.

It's probably most viable for a close combat adept, since Berserk plus Narco Kamikaze hits your augmented maximum for Strength IIRC
>>
>>53538712
To make sure your players don't accidentally accept a murderhobo job that's way out of their leage, give them a good Fixer contact.

It is the job of a Fixer to find jobs, vet employers for trustworthiness, and only offer runs that fit the abilities of your team (so no datasteals if all your team are catgirl punch-adepts).

If you miscalculate and end up pitting your players against an enemy that is suprisingly tough, create a backdoor escape mechanism. Maybe a perception roll reveals that the cyberzombie has a weakspot. Or Astral perception reveals the dragon is just a drone with realistic form and a mounted flamethrower. Be creative.
>>
>>53537776
That's one of the problems I mentioned in the not-tl;dr though.
This way I have no idea on how to design my runs, because I don't know what runners are expected to be able to deal with, or what they would in hindsight call "This fight was [easy/medium/hard/our death]" applying the logic "You don't want to fuck up" would make all the fight rules useless, because HTR is always everywhere insta-kills the team the second they draw a gun.
>Mr Johnson wants team to go hogwild in a shopping mall; should be easy (if they leg it afterwards)
>Okay, whatever, he pays the money
>Shopping mall has 3 shopping mal cops
>Don't know how to scale this encounter … Okay, you don't balance encounters, because money is power
>Shopping mall cops are actually HTR
>Shoppers don't mind heavily armored assault gun wielding cyberninjas while browsing the 2075 summer collection
Yeah, there's a sample grunt for a shopping mall cop, but even with the grunts there's still no clear rules like: Four prof 2 guys insta-kill your team, so use them carefully.
You may replace the line "Shopping mall cops are actually HTR" with "There's 25 shopping mall cops in every store" because I still don't know how the rules would reflect real life security, and how it would fare against shadowrunners.

>>53537801
That's helps a litte, thanks.

>>53538712
Yeah, that's somewhat what I'm thinking too. Leaves me with the problem:
Special grunt in place X, that's neither Barrens, nor Lofwyrs office. Medium grunt with stats like shadowrunners? Prof 3 or 4? What would be the difference between taking the Prof 3 and the Prof 4 grunt, and how would it play out in the end?
>>
>>53538853
Guess I should cling to this a bit more.
Running one-shot missions with changing players:
>First group was clever and avoided the fight, capturing the target while not secure.
>Second group did the meme of "2 hours of planning and then we kick in the front door" and actually got away with it.
Guess the next group who does the latter will get to see what yakuza does if you decide to go gun ho on one of their "bases".
>>
Can anyone do a chummer a favor and give me some Nocturna images that one can use in polite company, Or at a table?
All the 'art collections' linked tend to err on the side of...Basically porn to literally porn so looking through them hasn't been useful.
>>
>>53534726

They are flexible like a Raven. They got their own ladouts, their own operation styles that keeps most opposition hot off their tails
>>
>>53538993
A difference in Professionalism rating of only 1 isn't going to ruin a run so long as your player's aren't complete chumps. After all, no run happens without at least one complication. While it's best to err-on the lenient side when it comes to mooks, a boss that is slightly tougher than you intended just makes a good story when they eventually overcome it. And if your players fail to overcome it? That's why they have edge. Make them spend/burn edge to escape, and now you have a plot device for their next run. Maybe their employer gives them a second chance, or your team wants revenge. Either way this is an opportunity for your players to do extra legwork and make a better plan than last time. This is the sort of 'screw up' that makes a campaign fun and memorable.

In other words go with your gut for what feels 'appropriate' for the circumstance. If you miscalculate offer an escape (because it's not the players fault) and give them another shot at the run. Your players will enjoy being the underdogs for a change, so long as you give them a chance to overcome.
>>
>>53539096
I have this problem all the time. Trying to find cyberpunk female character art that isn't sluttish is a pain.
>>
>>53538993
You're designing encounters like it's still D&D. If you want challenging combat encounters in SR and you don't want pants-on-head retarded shit like the mall is staffed exclusively by off-duty HTR, you need to give your players a better objective than 'go here and clear the dungeon.' A challenging mission is going to play on escalation of force and require the players stick around long enough for it to occur.
>go to the mall and cause panic for at least 18 minutes so my other team can hit the real target
>yes I know HTR response time in that area is 12 minutes tops, that's why I'm paying you
>>
>>53539298
Its like they completely forget you're supposed to be playing a thinking breathing human or humanoid.
Sex appeal loses its power if you have it on display all the time. It needs to be used TACTFULLY!
>>
>>53539331
Although I'm a fan of them, I blame the Shadowrun returns games for this. Throughout the three games you never run into an encounter that is completely out of your league, it's all paced to be at a similar power level to your team. That works for a railroaded computer game, not for an open world rpg.
>>
>>53539331
Still leaves me with the problem that there's still shopping mall cops in the mall and they will at least try to shoot the shadowrunners (once – and then run away calling for HTR).

Guess I'll do what the other answers told me:
Making things too hard isn't bad. Teams fault if they don't do legwork.
Three stages of mooks: Below you (Prof 1 and 2), about you (Prof 3 and 4), above you (Prof 5 and 6).
Go with your gut based on what an encounter should be.

This makes me feel though, that my first missions won't be well done in some way, which makes me uncertain as a GM.
First encounter I build in DnD I knew: Okay, this is supposed to be medium. And it was somewhere around medium.
>>
File: Gregv1.pdf (737KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Gregv1.pdf
737KB, 1x1px
So I'm going to be running a street scum campaign this Friday for some friends and one of them sent me this monstronsity of a character.

Was wondering if this would be too cheesy or broken to allow in the game. I also realize that there's some mistakes on the sheet
>>
>>53539549
>1 in 3 of 4 mental stats
>no knowledge skills

Kill him
>>
>>53539548
>Still leaves me with the problem that there's still shopping mall cops in the mall
That isn't a problem.
>>
File: Nocturna.jpg (853KB, 1254x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Nocturna.jpg
853KB, 1254x3264px
>>53539096
just look up drow art and find one that isn't too fantasy
>>
>>53539549
SOME mistakes? It's barely filled out and is missing importent info, some of the info present is plain wrong, and the player didn't care enough to fill out basic info that will allow you to rp NPC interactions.

Did you threaten to fuck his mum if he didn't make a character? Because this shows negative effort.

No it's not 'cheesy'. If RP'ed according to the stats this character will die on it's way to the first meet due to utter stupidity and lack of ability to interact with modern society.
>>
>>53540030
>>53540030
Yeah he's not finished yet but to quote him he feels that all he needs is the armour and weapon and that's all he's starting with.
>>53540030
>>53539648
I don't disagree with the stupidity thing, it's kinda been a staple of his last few characters, except in street scum he doesn't have the ware to fully make up for it.
>>
>>53540101
Ask him to take common sense to complete the ridiculousness
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 757x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 757x426px
Is a combat decker or decker/samurai at all viable? I want to build a decker, but the team also needs one more really combat focused character. I also think it would be a cool aesthetic.
>>
>>53542131
You can either have enough ware to be a streetsam, or have the cash for a decent deck. Not both.
>>
>>53542131
Can work if you are optimizing like hell.
>>
>>53539549
>>53540030
What he said largely, I get that what were seeing probably is a 'between friends' level of joking but goddamn. I would never submit something like that to a DM.
>>
>>53542131
As >>53542184 said you are either a sammy or a decker, not both (unless you are playing some 2000 Karma/Sum-To-20 campaign)

What you can do however is get yourself a cyberarm, Customize it's AGI up to your natural max (6 for humans) and then use AGI Enhancement to get it up to 9 AGI. If you do something with only one limb you use that limb's stats, so you can now fire a one-handed weapon with 9 AGI. Get yourself a few points in automatics and a smartlink and you can fire with 12 or so dice
>>
>>53542131
It's easier to buy into Street Samurai in career mode than Decker, so I would go "Decker who can shoot an SMG well" and build into street Samurai as you can. Hand of God plus Used Titanium Bone Lacing/Bone Density 4 helps, plus some Jazz.
>>
Are Attributes in Chummer supposed to be completely fucked right now, or is it just me?
>>
>>53542745
Lil' Yekkers fucked up the latest nightlies pushing some new strings or something. It's being hammered back into place.
>>
>>53542438
>>53542184
>>53542340
That's mostly what I thought, having looked at the costs. Thankfully my GM bumps up the nuyen rewards so this will be less painful for both myself and the team. Thanks, I'm not super expierenced and am trying to branch out from just being street sams.

As an aside, does anyone have good art of SMGs?
>>
File: 1201940722096.jpg (291KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1201940722096.jpg
291KB, 1920x1200px
>>53542745
Nope, I'm just terrible at my job. I pulled in a branch that wasn't as ready as it should have been that refactored a bunch of stuff with how attributes work and are rendered. I'd suggest you stay at 5.193.0 until I clear it all up, it may be a couple of weeks before the wheels stop wobbling.
>>
>>53543379
Future SMGs, not really.

The P90 and Kriss Vector look pretty neat though.
>>
File: HK-227.jpg (245KB, 728x486px) Image search: [Google]
HK-227.jpg
245KB, 728x486px
>>53543379
>>
File: 8480423331_a3486f458f_b.jpg (164KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
8480423331_a3486f458f_b.jpg
164KB, 1024x683px
>>53543574
>>
File: 1437342079932.jpg (710KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437342079932.jpg
710KB, 1920x1200px
>>53543379
>>
File: 1436567602831.jpg (100KB, 1130x707px) Image search: [Google]
1436567602831.jpg
100KB, 1130x707px
>>53543608
>>
File: 1442181511961.jpg (57KB, 891x585px) Image search: [Google]
1442181511961.jpg
57KB, 891x585px
>>53543632
>>
File: 1490314726099.jpg (468KB, 3652x2145px) Image search: [Google]
1490314726099.jpg
468KB, 3652x2145px
>>53543651
>>
File: 1490837062209.jpg (105KB, 640x367px) Image search: [Google]
1490837062209.jpg
105KB, 640x367px
>>53543677
>>
File: Bounty Hunter.jpg (81KB, 900x573px) Image search: [Google]
Bounty Hunter.jpg
81KB, 900x573px
>>53543613
>>
File: 1493237046741.jpg (60KB, 744x492px) Image search: [Google]
1493237046741.jpg
60KB, 744x492px
>>53543699
>>
File: 1494704957348.jpg (239KB, 1700x982px) Image search: [Google]
1494704957348.jpg
239KB, 1700x982px
>>53543725
>>
>>53543397
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: 1494718277189.jpg (244KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1494718277189.jpg
244KB, 1024x819px
>>53543745
>>
File: glock18_mp_01caar.jpg (21KB, 450x305px) Image search: [Google]
glock18_mp_01caar.jpg
21KB, 450x305px
>>53543769
>>
>>53542131
It's possible if you don't buy a cyberdeck and instead use a pseudo-deck.

Grab a commlink, best availability you can (usually rating 6 or 7). Put a Stealth or attack dongle on it (depending if you want brute force or sleaze). Add an electronic modification, specifically Program Carrier. It costs 2 electronic parts. Make the program carrier run Virtual Machine. You now have a commlink that can run any 2 programs. If you make those programs Stealth and Smoke and Mirrors you can Sleaze as much as you want.

The overall attributes of a pseudo-deck can be 0/6/7/7 for under 20k nuyen. If you grab a rating 6 stealth dongle instead of rating 1 the attributes will be 0/12/7/7 for about 120k nuyen.
>>
>>53543841
With this method you save so much money that you can by initiative boosters and hack everything in AR, allowing you to shoot stuff at the same time.

Hell, you can put a rating 4-6 Agent into one of your virtual machine program slots and let it take over hacking for you. Probably a good idea to do VR yourself when you need maximum dice, though.
>>
File: 2017-05-31_174128.jpg (33KB, 901x361px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31_174128.jpg
33KB, 901x361px
Does anyone have an actual image of a m202 or at-least a good approximation so I don't have to use my abomination?
>>
>>53544061
>http://imgur.com/a/UPBOx
Any of these suit you, omae?
>>
>>53539549
>Sex: Many

kek. If nothing else that pile of shit is good for a chuckle
>>
>>53544389
Given the setting, that could imply a horrifying amount of very specific bioware.
>>
>>53544524
My question is: How though? He's twelve feet tall and weighs a tonne. His ethnicity is specifically listed as "Not a troll" so I can't imagine he hangs out with a lot of them. And he's male.

I can't imagine a lot of normal-sized people who could "take" him anon. He must be very frustrated.
>>
>>53544605
Not what he was implying omae.
He was implying that his sexes were many.
>>
>>53539549
>>53544605
>not a troll
>>
>>53544679
I know what he was implying and what the sheet was implying. I have the answer to my question fortunately. He only weighs a tonne, but he has 8 times the volume of a normal person (12 feet tall = double the height, which should also mean double the width and double the depth, 2x2x2=8) so if he were normal sized he would weigh 125 pounds at 6 feet.

So in short, he's a 12 foot tall skinny puke with dozens of different kinds of alien genitalia covering his body.
>>
>>53544780
>dozens of different kinds of alien genitalia covering his body.
could someone post the cyberdicks screencap? I know I have it somewhere but I can't find it
>>
>>53544780
That's a huge bonus to intimidation, and a huge penalty to ettiquette (everyone).
>>
>>53544862
Everyone except about every second sexual deviant in the 6th world.
So really only applicable in about 25% of all cases
>>
File: shadowrun state of the art ADL.jpg (2MB, 493x709px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun state of the art ADL.jpg
2MB, 493x709px
Quick Summary of book's Crunch:
Weapons:
1 new Holdout
4 new Heavy Pistols
2 new Machine Pistols
3 new SMGs
3 new Assault Rifles (one of which is convertible to Assault Rifle, Carbine, LMG and Sniper Rifle)
2 new Sniper Rifles
4 new Shotguns
1 new Assault Cannon
Vehicles & Drones:
2 new Bikes
9 new Cars/Vans
1 new Hovercraft (Public Transport)
4 new Aircrafts
2 new Minidrones
4 Small Drones
4 Medium Drones
4 Large Drones
1 Anthro-Drone
Gear + 'ware:
2 new pieces of Bodyware (each with 4 specific Upgrades/Configurations)
3 new Commlinks
2 new Cyberdecks
2 new Drugs
3 new lines of High-Fashion Armor (one with 2 Suits + 2 Coats, the other two with one Suit + Coat each) and none of them has this weird wireless Dicepool bonus
3 pieces of Urban Brawl armor + Helmet
Magic:
10 new Mentor Spirits
9 new Magical Societies
6 new magical Traditions
1 new type of Shifter (Seal)
Parabiology:
8 new Paracritters
4 new Paraplants (don't know the exact engl. word, that Parabotany stuff)
Misc:
6 new Archetypes (like those in the Core Rulebook or Run Faster)
2 new Negative Qualities
20 new Life modules (not exactly AGS-specific( e.g. Anarchist Brat, Religious Upbringing, Car Duelist) so they can be used elsewhere easily)
Lots of Fluff
>>
I'm new to shadowrun

Can anyone recommend me some good youtube channels of people playing so I can get a feel for how it's played?
>>
File: Cyberdickman.png (42KB, 833x598px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdickman.png
42KB, 833x598px
>>53544836
>>
>>53545047
Complex Action has good mechanics videos.
>>
>>53544976
Unf. Scan it, daddy.
>>
>>53545099
Seconded. Been bingeing this since I started GMing.
>>
So, hold on, why is the HK Urban combat unavailable at creation and has 16F avail, when it's only as illegal as other SMGs and theoretically purchasable straight from HK, when the Praetor is available at creation and only has 11F despite being really illegal to own and you have to be a member of Interpol to get one in the first place? Is there something I'm missing about the Urban Combat?
>>
File: guns.jpg (335KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
335KB, 1632x918px
>>53545246
>Is there something I'm missing about the Urban Combat?

Total immunity against Chemsniffers and MAD detectors like all "Urban" Guns?

>>53545120
>scan
Somebody is already working on the chummer files and the PDF is already out if somebody wants to support the german guys (get it via drivethrough).
Have a tease though
>>
>>53545503
>Chemsniffers
Where's this listed? I'm only seeing MAD immunity in R&G.
>>
File: 1489709259301.jpg (60KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489709259301.jpg
60KB, 640x960px
>>53545503
Mechanically it makes perfect sense, but I just feel like they should have said more with the fluff to explain its extreme rarity.
>>
>>53545591
listed on all other "urban" weapons in the new book, so i assumed the same was the case for the older one but it is indeed missing there.

MAD immunity is still pretty nice though.
>>
>>53545740
>new book keeps getting better and better
>>
File: drones.jpg (345KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
345KB, 1632x918px
>>53545865
How does "MAD and chemsniffer immune, full-auto capable SMG with silencer and 4 shot underbarrel grenadelauncher" sound to you?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>53545099
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>53545902
thank you for sharing that tidbit, deutschfriend
>>
Is it a good run plan to covertly spray down like 600 wageslaves with gun chemicals so they shut down their scanners?
How can I do the same with a MAD scanner?
>>
>>53546213
Wouldn't be easier just to brick the scanner?
>>
>>53546225
that's WAY less fun.
>>
>>53546238
You can brick things with a baseball bat. Is that more fun?
>>
>>53546252
Yeah, that was the first plan before everyone was like "oooh, we have to do it covert style, don't just beat up the guuaaards"
>>
>>53546267
Just shoot the guards with your cyberarm-implanted redline laser.
Guaranteed to not trigger any chem-sniffers!
>>
>>53546301
See, that's what I keep telling people.
>>
>>53546213
I recommend not doing it to everyone going in the doors. Do it to a good percentage (30% or so) so they get a ton of false positives, maybe have your decker get into the security chief's alarm clock and set it off a few hours early so he's feeling grumpy and does not want to deal with this shit.
>>
>>53545902
MAD immune isn't that great or uncommon. Cyberware scanner immune is what I want to see somewhere. Chemsniffer / olfactory sensor immunity is only good if it works while in use, rather than while hidden. It's not difficult to acquire a hard shell briefcase that will block such.
>>
File: 1441255023209.jpg (547KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441255023209.jpg
547KB, 800x960px
>>53546353
>Chemsniffer / olfactory sensor immunity is only good if it works while in use, rather than while hidden

Or if it was used recently. Sure, maybe you scrubbed everything down going in, but being able to walk out the front door with the 5pm crowd is invaluable.
>>
>>53545047
Roll4It on Twitch/Youtube. Most of the players are new to Shadowrun, so they explain mechanics when first used.
>>
>>53546353
>Cyberware scanner immune is what I want to see somewhere

Its called bioware

Besides, most Scanners can only reliably get enough hits to see that there IS Cyberware in the scanned object, not the exact type.
Put a gun in your Cyberarm and be done with it.

>>53546321
>See, that's what I keep telling people.

tell them that shooting isn't beating them and its totally covert style since you aren't even making any gun noise.
>>
>>53546378
See: hard shell briefcase. Rating 6 (available during chargen) will remove 6 dice from the sensor - which only rolls [rating] dice.
>>
>>53546423
>Its called bioware
Not when it's a gun. "Cyberware scanner" is *not* a scanner that detects cyberware. It's a millimetre wave scanner. Learn the gear and rules.

>Besides, most Scanners can only reliably get enough hits to see that there IS Cyberware in the scanned object
Threshold 1 to detect weapons & cyberware. Threshold 2 for alphaware. It's not hard to get a few hits with a full dice pool and bonuses from multiple items.
>>
Does anyone have the pdf of the new german book? I really don't want to shell out money for something I can't read without google translate.
>>
>>53546874
Seconding this. High school was a time ago, my German is woefully out of practice.
>>
>>53546412
Their newest female player is fucking awful though. She's constantly rolling the wrong thing, too many or too few dice, and has no grasp of game concepts or tactics. People have to constantly revise her rolls because she's incompetent and things bog down when others have to make sure she's rolling correctly.

It's a damn shame because all the others, especially splattercat and the GM are amazing.
>>
>>53547884
she's temporary, man.
It doesn't really matter if someone is awful if they are doomed to leave regardless.
>>
>>53547927
She's been there for half a dozen episodes already, and since the old player is back with the group in the other RPG show they're doing, I have this creeping suspicion that she's there to stay.
>>
>>53547956
Don't despair anon, he'll be back soon.
>>
File: 1458211797392.jpg (238KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1458211797392.jpg
238KB, 1131x1600px
On a related note, I'll toss in a mention for the Crit Squad podcast. Actually made by professionals instead of random neckbeards in a basement, so there's proper sound equipment, editing, music, etc., and they do peel back some rules in their early episodes. Big problem is that they're slow as balls releasing episodes: they've barely done 10 hours of content (though in that time they set up, finished, and handled the aftermath of their first run, and are dick-deep in the second) since 2017 started and the schedule's currently slipping due to IRL.

Basically if you can stick it out for a /tg/ multithread storytime you can handle Crit Squad, but damn if it ain't aggravating.
>>
>>53545503
>PDF is already out
Does the PDF come in English? Please tell me the PDF comes in English. I don't want to have to learn German to get the good content.
>>
File: Hitler Rave.gif (277KB, 240x287px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler Rave.gif
277KB, 240x287px
>>53548115
Nein, mein freund.
>>
File: Brendan.png (505KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan.png
505KB, 500x533px
>>53548139
>tfw wasn't born kraut
>>
>>53548139
>>53548115
>>53548175
Well, next month I'm going to have to set aside some money to get this and bone up on my Hoch Deutsch.

It can't be any worse than the Goethe I've used in the past to do that.
>>
>>53548139
Why is a Catalyst book in German but not English? Are they a German company? Has all their line come out in German first?
>>
>>53549242
Another company handles their German releases and occsionally puts out books of their own that are typically better than the effluence CGL releases.
>>
>>53549242
A separate company called Pegasus Spiele has the german-language rights to the series. They publish translated and edited versions of the mainline CGL books, as well as original German content. And they're a damn stretch better at it in CGL. For example, there's a rule only listed in the german Core Rulebook that allows cyberlimb averaging to ignore the torso, making full-body cyber characters affordable and viable.
>>
What system do you use to play Shadowrun without having to play Shadowrun?
>>
>>53549433
GURPS.
>>
>>53549282
>>53549308
Fucking Hell, why can't we have nice things too? Lofwyr stronk!
>>
>>53549443
Or Savage Worlds (IZ 2.0 + Fantasy should do it).
>>
>>53549433

Counting down the days until The Sprawl adds its magic and elves supplement.
>>
File: black_lodge_web_large.jpg (34KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
black_lodge_web_large.jpg
34KB, 656x369px
Im thinking of dropping a Twin-Peaks style, Black Lodge-esque group of Horrors/Yama Kings on my players as the source of a terrorist network they've been dismantling. None of my players have seen, or even heard of Twin Peaks. Should I try it?
>>
>>53549308
Cyberlimb rules need someone capable to go over them and iron out the inconsistencies and assumptions.
>>
>>53549660
Cherry Pie.
>>
>>53550468
Damn Fine Coffee
>>
Do Prime Runners get the 25 Pos/25 Neg quality threshold increased at chargen?
>>
>>53550842
to 35 I believe (both ways).
>>
>>53551082
>>53550842
>Karma: Each player receives 35 Karma to customize characters (maximum of 70 Karma).

>Follow all other rules for Character Creation/Advancement as laid out in this chapter.

>As mentioned earlier, the character starts the character creation process with 25 Karma, and some of that can be spent to buy Qualities. Players can spend all of it, some of it, or none of it based on what they want their character to have and how much Karma they want to save for later. Additionally, at creation characters can only possess at most 25 Karma worth of Positive Qualities and 25 Karma worth of Negative Qualities.

The karma given during chargen is separate from the amount that can be spent on positive or negative qualities, but the assumption must be made that the negative quality limit has been upped to 35, otherwise reaching 70 karma (35 starting, 35 negative) is impossible.

RAW, all SR characters have a 25 karma positive quality limit.
>>
New to Shadowrun here.

I've always loved Shadowrun's theme and everything, but never really bothered getting into the rules because my group didn't care for them.

My new group is currently playing generic High Fantasy stuff and I think I might be able to interest them in another weekly game for Shadowrun. So I've got 3 questions.

Are there any guides for new people to look at for the game rules?

What books should I and should I not allow?

Any tips to DMing Shadowrun compared to other ttrpgs?
>>
>>53551814
I'm a 4e fan personally so if you were planning to run 5e I don't have a lot of good information for you, but I can say that one of the important things to remember about building encounters in Shadowrun is that you don't balance them the same way. Is something really, really important over here? Well then screw a balanced encounter. If it makes sense from a security perspective and the group has the resources, that stuff better be very well guarded. Since combat isn't necessarily the main focus and sometimes actively discouraged in Shadowrun, there's nothing wrong with having areas that just can't be stormed by a bunch of assholes with small arms and a couple of spells.
>>
>>53545503
Know if anyone is working on translating the PDF into English?
>>
>>53551862
So basically just build encounters like it would realistically be and have enemies react humanly? Sounds good. I like the idea of just planning out a building, guards and security, and give it to the players. Have them figure out a plan and everything rather then present obvious options.

Are there any notable differences between editions? I plan to do whatever's simplest really.
>>
>>53551903
in the OP is a pastebin
in it is a link to a document called GM Advice
read it
>>
>>53551903
>Are there any notable differences between editions?
The system was changed significantly between 3e and 4e (dynamic target number to flat target number being the most noticeable).
>>
>>53545503
>>53545902

So, whats the Assault Cannon like? What about that cyberware? I can't understand a lick of german, but this makes me want to learn
>>
Is it cool if I complain about the videogames here?
Because I'm a bit saddened that there's no option to play Hong Kong as the same guy who went through Dead Man's Switch and Dragonfall.
I'd be a little overpowered sure but having that kind of rep sounds like fun.
>>
File: tumblr_opc1xmVmaB1ubd2qlo1_1280.jpg (309KB, 1280x1463px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opc1xmVmaB1ubd2qlo1_1280.jpg
309KB, 1280x1463px
>>53542745
Attribute rendering *should* be fixed in the latest nightly, but I have a suspicion that existing life module characters will break horribly.
>>
>>53543651
that magazine makes no sense.
>>
>>53552627
it's actually tactical

think again idiot
>>
>>53552627
Each bullet does a 360 degree turn and moonwalks into the chamber.
>>
>>53552685
explain
>>53552729
i laughed
>>
>>53533608
>that ass
omfg
>>
What's CGL?
>>
>>53553072
Cock Gargling License.
>>
Would you, as a GM, let a guy play with the stats of a troll, but fluff it as a human with HUGE cybernetics?
The character will have full cyberlimbs and probably a cybertorso. I don't know if he's going to have an appropriately sized cyberskull or just a tiny head on hulk body. Both options appeal.
>>
>>53554251
No? There are rules for this, there's no need to jury rig a method.
>>
File: Cyberarm.jpg (120KB, 900x499px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberarm.jpg
120KB, 900x499px
>>53554251
this >>53554374
Bulk modifications exist.
>>
>>53554251
If the character is subject to the same disadvantages as a troll, if it doesn't make him into a special snowflake ("you see, the reason no one else, no one else ever, can do this is that my character is the first person to have compatibility with this cyberware and he killed all the researchers when he broke out of the secret lab"), and if he's able to get some good play out of it, let him.
The rules are a framework and measuring post, and if they can be applied in a way that makes the game more fun, go ahead and do that.
If he's trying to make a character who's in some way disruptive, lazy or exploitative (for example, someone who constantly has to scream about how he's really a human but he's strong as a troll, the player obviously just not wanting to put in the effort required to get into a troll's head, the player just wanting the statline while still being treated as a human), forbid it.
But if he honestly just wants to use the rules in an unorthodox way to become able to play a character that'll be fun for him and the rest of the group - if he's willing to agree to that he doesn't get anything for free and he can't just get the good sides - then that's what roleplaying games were made for.
He had an idea, he liked it, he went to you - and if you like it, there should be nothing at all stopping you from playing it that way. The rules are written the way they are because that's how the original publishers (well, at least FASA) thought it'd be the most fun. It's like buying the LEGO Millennium Falcon model and putting fitting pieces from other models on it because it gets boring to just sit there and stare while snarling at people who try to touch it.
People like >>53554374, then, are the spergy kids in the very corner of the school's library who sit and pant heavily over their perfectly lined-up obsessive habits and start hyperventilating, shrieking and bubbling at the mouth when someone as much as steps into their field of view.
>>
>>53554251
>>53554374
>>53554483
>>53554498
People who protect the rules as written because they're written in the Holy Book of the Rules We Need to Follow to Win haven't only jumped to the conclusion that the rules as written are the only way to play the game, but also to those that playing something not according to the rules is "cheating" even if everyone agrees, that the definition of having fun is following the rules and that GMs and players are perpetually at each other's' throats (I haven't seen a single person frothingly defending RAW as a concept who didn't have a persecution complex and didn't set up huge strawmen about the GM as soon as the word "roleplaying" reared its ugly little head and they had to realize that their entire "experience" is built on a homophone).

Talk to your player, like a normal human being.
Think about what it'll bring to your game, like a normal human being - and while what the other posters are saying would be correct if there was no mechanical difference between a human with huge cybernetics and a troll, this character concept opens up a lot of flex both mechanically and roleplaying-wise, having a cyberized character who's not only of a different stripe from those built according to normal rules, but also isn't forced into a single build because of CGL's horrible fucking cybernetics rules.

You're drawing pictures.
>>53554374 and >>53554483 are tracing lines and filling out areas like the special corner of a junior high school, including the throwing-shit-and-blubbering fits when they're interrupted or told that they don't necessarily have to use a color picker and color catalog to find the Only Right and True Colors.
>>
File: 1478991799002.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1478991799002.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
>>53554498
>>53554623
>How can I do X?
>You can do X with RAW
>YOU'RE THE SPERGY KIDS THAT TRACE AND COLOR IN THE LINES
Overreaction much?
>>
One of my players is going down the list of giant robot anime I suggested he watch and fell in love with Big O. He wants a cyberarm that functions like the titular robot's finishing move. I think that it sounds fucking retarded, so of course I'll allow it. Implanted shotgun with a contact range sound reasonable?
>>
>>53554833

Remington Roomsweeper?
>>
>>53554795
It takes some kind of sperg to revise history that much inside their own head, at least.
You've already edited your own hugbox reality so that he asked exactly what would be the most convenient for you, but let's replay this over again.
>I have a player who asked me if I can do X. Should I?
>You can do Y.
>There's no reason to do that when you can do Y.
He said very clearly that his player had asked him if he could play a character with the stats of a troll fluffed as a human with huge cyberlimbs, likely as a way to be able to play the kind of cyberized character he thinks is cool and enjoyable to play (because you can't do much of anything with the rules as written - it's crunching numbers to come up with a few very narrow builds with little thematic correlation), and that he was considering whether or not to let him have it.
Then, you manage to mangle that into "How can I make a human character with huge cyberlimbs", which is not what the original anon asked, and I know that you know that somewhere.
You defaulted to the rules because you only feel comfortable with the rules. You likely don't trust your GM or the other players, you're disproportionately focused on how powerful your character is in comparison to everyone else, and you're the kind of person who sees other people doing things outside of the rules and regulations you're comfortable with as a conspiracy or dubious activity made in order to cheat or "break The Rules", no matter if it's between perfectly consenting people.

You'd have to pay roughly a hundred bucks to hear that from a psychologist. The reason this is so much cheaper is that the psychologist has to be paid for actually meeting people like you in person.
>>
>>53554951
Yeah, but they can't do it your way and still play Shadowrun.

I mean, they can. There's no one going to shoot them if they do, but at that point they're not playing in the Shadowrun setting. They're playing some homebrew thing. They can call it Shadowrun even, but only because there's no law against being wrong.
>>
File: 1487952005684.jpg (37KB, 510x284px) Image search: [Google]
1487952005684.jpg
37KB, 510x284px
>>53554951
>>
File: Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>53554833
You might rule it as an extreme cyber-implant weapon (STR+5)P with a bonus charge for letting him keep the hand (5,000 nuyen is basic cost for a cyberhand, and together with the extreme implant it's still only 7k).

>>53554951
You should go jerk off, anon. You've got a lot of pent-up frustration, and I'm sure that no one else wants to touch you.

Anons were pointing out that there are ways in the rules to play "human with massive cyberlimbs", as bulk modification is literally that. There's no need to try and kludge your way through rebalancing a human-as-troll when anon's desired end result (human with massive cybernetics) is covered in the rules. If all anon wants is to have troll stats but no troll drawbacks, he deserves to be told no.
>>
>>53554833
An extreme cyber implant weapon from chrome flesh might be best, though using a cyber implant shotgun exclusively with punches will work too You wouldn't roll Unarmed though, so it's a punch in spirit .

>>53554251
I'm going to ignore spergo maximus over here. Are you the player or the GM?
>>
File: 1420421183660.jpg (34KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
1420421183660.jpg
34KB, 490x333px
>>53554951
> You likely don't trust your GM or the other players, you're disproportionately focused on how powerful your character is in comparison to everyone else, and you're the kind of person who sees other people doing things outside of the rules and regulations you're comfortable with as a conspiracy or dubious activity made in order to cheat or "break The Rules", no matter if it's between perfectly consenting people.

>You'd have to pay roughly a hundred bucks to hear that from a psychologist. The reason this is so much cheaper is that the psychologist has to be paid for actually meeting people like you in person.
I think I speak for most of /srg/ when I tell you that you should calm your tits a little mate. We're just telling you that your concept works better with RAW mechanics in this instance than in unnecessarily refluffing a metatype as your super unique cyborg, and you're trying to play armchair psychologist like we've just set your mother's home on fire.
>>
>>53554498
I expect approximately equal charisma problems from being a HUEG CYBORG, so the stats and penalties and such will be similar.
>>
>>53555189
oh, a player.
I just, you know, want to make a human who decided to get huge, replacing basically the whole thing instead of bothering with that whole "but you should keep it roughly the same dimensions as your old body" thing.
>>
>>53554833
Extreme Cyberweapon should fit the spec I'd think, it's what I used to make the same general concept.
>>53554251
Personally I'd lean against it; from a mechanical perspective, full cyberlimbs is a difficult concept to achieve something that wouldn't be better done with karma and muscle toners; having higher stat caps isn't really going to help you in that regard, especially if you're still paying troll tax.
>>
File: Going Cyberpunk 10.jpg (318KB, 1084x827px) Image search: [Google]
Going Cyberpunk 10.jpg
318KB, 1084x827px
>>53555279
There's nothing in the books that say you should keep the same proportions with your cyberware, beyond being basically humanoid (which is optional with stuff like Liminal Bodies). If you want to say that your have Bulk arms that reach to your knees, a great big barrel of a chest and a tiny cyberskull on top, go for it.
>>
>>53555421
well, the book does say you can't go over human cybered maximums because of size and such. Which is the explanation for why trolls with the same cybernetics can get more out of them, because they're bigger.
There's no real reason a human couldn't exploit that, other than mechanics and becoming a tiny head.
>>
>>53555279
Obvious cyberlims, bulk modification, distinctive style. Maybe cyber-singularity/redline/cyberpsychosis for good measure. Done.
>>
>>53555421
Yeah, the fluff of your ware isn't necessarily defined by the stats. If you can accept you won't necessarily be as strong as you look, what you want is perfectly within reason and RAW.
>>
>>53527001
How do you keep two of the goods cold but the rest hot?
>>
>>53555449
>>53555472
As my great grandpappy once said, it don't mean no thang if you don't invest significant chargen resources to make yourself have the appropriate strength for someone as huge as a troll.
swang.
>>
>>53555492
You heat them when they're dispensed.
>>
>>53555443
>Which is the explanation for why trolls with the same cybernetics can get more out of them, because they're bigger.
>There's no real reason a human couldn't exploit that, other than mechanics and becoming a tiny head.

The problem is that at a certain point you've gone around to full-body cyborgs, which SR has problems with for different thematic reasons. Trolls get to have better cyberarms because their arms are physically larger but still cost the same Essence. To equip a human with a troll-sized arm requires more reworking of their body, which costs more Essence. Even replacing the body's superstructure with a cybertorso only goes so far.
>>
>>53555492
They've got little self-heaters in them.
>>
>>53555605
That is honestly the part of the future I'm most interested in. I can't remember the movie, but there was a scene where someone buys a snack from a vending machine, breaks it like a chemical hand-warmer, and a few seconds later opens up the steaming package. We are getting real close to being able to have a street food culture where everything is instantly accessible due to automation (ordering food for pickup from your smartphone is a related convenience).
>>
>>53555390
Hi Yekka.
Latest Nightly. Edge and Depth are reduced to 1 on reloading a character, karma is refunded (karmabuild).

Also Agility/Strength cyberlims customisation can't be installed on drone cyberlimbs. Clicking on them crasked Chummer stating something about Rating 0 being an invalid amount (even though they are purchased at a higher rating).
>>
>>53555717
Well I'm a fool. Enhancement is the correct modification, not Customised. However I can only Enhance to +3, however the maximum should be (highest of Depth or Pilot) x2.
>>
>>53555587
I really wish we didn't have to keep using essence as a kludge for answering why people can't do reasonable cybernetic things.
Almost makes me want to just port the magic junk onto another system. Well, that and the terrible, terrible, terrible editing, quality control, and etcetera.
>>
File: handdrillsmall.jpg (48KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
handdrillsmall.jpg
48KB, 400x450px
>>53555587
Full conversion 'borgs are just annoyingly Essence cost-prohibitive outside of deltaware or better.
>>
>>53555799
Essence is pretty necessary unless you want a bunch of mega-mages running around chromed to the gills throwing fireballs and bench pressing cars.

Plus, it's fits perfectly with the themes of friction between the natural and unnatural in the Sixth World. Removing it is like removing toxic spirits because you want to pollute a bunch.

Though, I can't say it doesn't have huge gaping holes. Why don't crippled people lose essence? Why doesn't jacking into a vehicle instantly cause fatal essence loss? Hell, why doesn't wearing performance enhancing gear lose you essence? Why hasn't there been more extensive and widespread use of exoskeletons to circumvent essence loss?
>>
>>53555851
Nah, just have essence only affect mages.
That solves the vast majority of the problems.
>>
>>53555799
>>53555851
>>53555887
My guess is that someone watched AD Police while they were cooking up Shadowrun and got freaked out by the guy who was so 'borged up that all that was left of him that had tactile sensation was his tongue.
>>
>>53555851
Not really, you can fix Essence screwing over mundanes without it supercharging magic users.

Reverse Essence and turn it into Augmentation. Everyone starts with 0 Augmentation, but every modification increases it by a certain amount (current essence cost is fine).

Every point of Augmentation reduces a characters Magic rating by the same amount.

Done. It's still just as painful in mix magic and technology, but mundanes no longer suffer until the GM bestows them deltaware clinics paid for with blowjobs.
>>
>>53556043
Sure, but thematically you're still fucking with the setting. If you want to play full transhumanism there are other games for it. The dehumanizing nature of augmentation is inherent to Shadowrun. They can buff mundanes to be on equal footing with mages without taking that away.
>>
>>53556211
>if you want to play full transhumanism there are other games for it
That's probably why the guy said he wanted to port over the magic shit from shadowrun to another game.
Really, a setting transfer to another system would probably do damn well for the thing.
>>
>>53555977
>>
File: 5.5 Essence.gif (2MB, 400x174px) Image search: [Google]
5.5 Essence.gif
2MB, 400x174px
>>53555851
>Why doesn't jacking into a vehicle instantly cause fatal essence loss?

For the same reason that astrally projecting doesn't kill you. Doesn't matter where your mind is, so long as your meat stays uncorrupted. Same reason why being crippled or wearing gear doesn't cost essence - it's not losing parts of meat that costs, it's replacing them with chrome, silicon, silicone, animal bits, and all the other unnatural things in 'ware.

The exoskeleton question remains unsolved.
>>
>>53556410
But really, you've now physically connected a big unnatural piece of metal to your body and mind. If that doesn't cause essence loss why would, say, getting a third arm stapled to your back cause essence loss? So long as it doesn't replace part of your original body your essence should be fine right? How much does your essence really know about what you do?
>>
>>53556454
>So long as it doesn't replace part of your original body
or add something to it
>>
File: Andrei.jpg (269KB, 772x939px) Image search: [Google]
Andrei.jpg
269KB, 772x939px
>>53556454
>How much does your essence really know about what you do?

It knows enough to know that the weird thing biting into your nervous system is not supposed to be there. Same way it knows the hole in your skull that's filling your brains with wires is not supposed to be there. why you can't have a third cyberarm is entirely a game mechanic decision, only loosely justified by 'your brain can't take it, stop asking, we're having enough trouble designing as it is'

Once you have the cyberware, it doesn't matter one jot what you do with it; the point is that you tampered with your body's holistic sense of self. Though it's wrong to think of Essence as an entity that is choosing how it reacts. Cyberware and bioware are breaking the intrinsic magic that keeps you alive. You can break it a little and still survive, but if you break it a lot you die.
>>
>>53556574
>>53556579
I still don't understand how adding an entire truck to your nervous system is less damaging to your sense of self than an arm.
>>
>>53556211
Doesn't need to be. Just apply a penalty to your social limit for every point of Augmentation. Congratulations, you have your freakish dehumanising cyber freaks without screwing them over compared to magic users.
>>
>>53556607
Because subconsciously you know being a deadly Japanese truck is only temporary, while that arm is literally gone forever.
>>
>>53556680
>Because subconsciously you know being a deadly Japanese truck is only temporary

Said no rigger ever.
>>
>>53556680
What if I chop off my armloosely attach a cyber arm with a harness and just rig into it. Can that circumvent essence loss?
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 1231x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 1231x648px
>>53556699
*Chop off my arm and loosely attach.

And an image to illustrate what I mean.
>>
>>53556607
because technically you are not adding a truck to your nervous system
you are adding an interface to it, which takes data from outside, converts it into sense data and passes it to the nervous system
the implant itself reduces your essence because it cuts into you. But whether that implant sends pictures, feelings or sense data is irrelevant

>>53556699
To rig into your arm you'd have to get a rigger interface or at least a datajack so you would lose essence there
And even if not: Congratulations, you can now move your robot arm without losing essence! Too bad you can't move the rest of your body at the same time
>>
File: 1496011305334.jpg (787KB, 1920x785px) Image search: [Google]
1496011305334.jpg
787KB, 1920x785px
>>53556607
You are not adding a truck to your nervous system. You added a control rig to your nervous system, and are now piping in the truck's feed. Your meat is changed because of the rig, not because of whatever you happen to be rigging at the moment.

>>53556699
If you have a drone shaped like an arm, yes (Medusa drones are cut-rate versions of that). In addition to problems of fueling (which cyberarms do automatically from your own body), you have the problem that this drone-arm is not really attached to you, so good luck with that.

You also have the larger problem of being a little bitch who can't accept genre tropes and mechanical restrictions.
>>
>>53556696
Even a rigger unplugs.
>>
File: 0.01 Essence.png (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
0.01 Essence.png
20KB, 400x300px
>>53556764
Why? You've got one Praetorian to take away the piss bottles, another with a R6 Cooking (Tendies) autosoft, why do you ever need to jack out?
>>
>>53556763
I can only sexfully gratify myself if I successfully do something heinous and unintended in a setting. The bag of holding-portable hole trick no longer satisfies me.
>>
File: fast.jpg (91KB, 674x800px) Image search: [Google]
fast.jpg
91KB, 674x800px
>>53556764
A true rigger lives on speed, there will be time to unplug when you're dead.
>>
>>53556799
Nothing really
Stay plugged all you want
Its no different from BTLs
>>
>>53556799
You'll need an IV drip. Can't eat tendies while jumped in.
>>
>>53556957
>not having your i-Doll waifu chew up your food, put it in your mouth, and gently massage your throat until you swallow autonomically

lame
>>
>>53556957
Your Praetorian feeds it to you. It also has a Personality of a disappointed mother.
>>
>>53556754
All I'm hearing is that being a brain in a jar is completely setting viable. When will the rules be brought to 5e?
>>
>>53557019
>middle of a firefight with corpsec
>'You have one new message'
>University of Denver application, Supercuts certificate, dating profile advice
>>
File: Thomas Roxborough.jpg (15KB, 196x279px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Roxborough.jpg
15KB, 196x279px
>>53557057
You want to be a brain in a jar? Be Tommy, he's having lots of fun pushing the boundaries of Essence loss.
>>
>>53557057
Hopefully never. With CGL's track record it'd be yet another stupid mess.
>>
>>53557085
Man's a pussy. Who needs a body when you can control drones and live in the matrix?
>>
Question:
Is everything from the german books just straight up better than the rest ?
>>
>>53557139
>sanity is holding us back

You sure you don't just want to play Mage?
>>
>>53557057
Rules for Cyborgsare in 4th edition but are unlikely to be ported to 5th.
However there is a compromise. Play an E-Ghost in an anthroform drone, and simply fluff it as a cyborg. Just remember to STAY OFF THE MATRIX.
>>
Are there rules for playing a Free Spirit in 5e?
>>
>>53557140
well, maybe there is something where the CGL version is better than the Pegasus version

We haven't found it yet, though
>>
>>53557322
should be in Run Faster
>>
>>53557290
Alternatively, put some UMM on, have an agent on something cheap-ish, and have it constantly be looking at Personae around you.

Have it connected by cable to your drone so that they're both a bit more protected, and only have it warn you if the rare Deicide progam shows as running, with a different, lesser alert for any programs that enhance Crash Program.

Oh, and see if the GM will either not use the drone mod rules since they're optional and either use the vehicle rules or a mix of the two.
>>
>>53557322
Not as a PC, no.
>>
>>53557474
well so far every single piece of gear from the German exclusives have better stats than equivalent in the normal books.
German guns have higher damage
Cars have better armor, body, speed and handling
Hookers suck better
I'm wondering if they should be straight up banned
>>
>>53558464
That literally is not an issue if the opposition has better guns as well. It simply increases the lethality of the setting.
>>
File: 1494457682885.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494457682885.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>53558464
Largely I think it just facilitates more pink mohawk. Which I welcome with open arms.
>>
>>53555851
>Why hasn't there been more extensive and widespread use of exoskeletons to circumvent essence loss?
Circular problem with game balance. Exoskeletons must never be allowed to exist or else we run into the magic gods.

Why they don't just embrace that and make it Earthdawn Modern where absolutely everybody is explicitly magical, when the original myth arc was already amping up towards that, is beyond me.
>>
>>53557322
No, and given what happened the last time they tried that, we're all better off for it.
>>
>>53554833
https://youtu.be/iA93d9Hw8r4?t=294

Link related?

Talk with your GM about using the Shock Ram (Run & Gun 104) using the a custom cyberweapon rules (Chrome Flesh 90); either grenade launcher or shotgun.
>>
>>53560457
(actually, pneumatic ram might be a better choice, if you ignore the fluff on size)
>>
>>53555851
>>53559311
>Why hasn't there been more extensive and widespread use of exoskeletons to circumvent essence loss?
Exoware is something they want to sell us in a later book. It's that simple.
>>
I'm about to run my first game tomorrow as gm.
I've never gmd or played shadowrun before and my friends have also never played shadowrun before.

How do I not fuck up too badly?
>>
>>53557474
Raven mentor spirit is "better", but last I checked, both fail on 'mentor spirits should have 0.5PP of adept powers'. And now they've done that in Forbidden Arcana, too.
>>
>>53560568
You're asking about this the day before. Accept that you will fuck up, and plan to fuck up less in the future.

Read the OP. Check the links.
>>
>>53560568
Run a low-key run.

An elderly woman hires you to extract her cat from a tree. Complication! The cat has fleas.
Payment in boiled sweets that smell faintly of cabbage.
>>
>>53560568
Run Food Fight
>>
>>53560620
I prepared as best I could, I was just hoping for some general tips for a first run.
>>53560713
My idea was that the group is part of a well equipped military squad, uses the firing range to introduce combat rules and then get to assault a house filled with terrorists. They can either plan themselves or ask their squad lead contact to help with planning. Depending on how they handle the mission they either get
-get knocked out by blackops for poking in the wrong corners, loose all their gear and end up in some city
-terrorist reinforcements show up, need to escape, loose all their gear and end up in some city
-find an ares conspiracy involving the terrorists, need to escape their military hunting them down, sell all their gear for an escape route and end up in some city
>>
>>53560823
>I prepared as best I could, I was just hoping for some general tips for a first run.
If you're trying to cut down on complexity, don't use Noise / Background Count / Environmental Modifiers against the PCs for the first session or few. Let them know you're doing this, and that you probably will bring it in when everyone is comfortable enough with the system.
>>
I gave a newbie the five rules of Shadowrun and he started nitpicking them apart. I feel like hes going to get geeked so fast it isn't funny.
>>
>>53562811
>he started nitpicking them apart.
What does he play?
>>
>>53562826
Hes like a college student Decker or something.
'why watch my back when I can pay someone/trust someone/build something to do it for me'
>>
>>53562882
He'll learn.
>>
>>53562897
Aye, Atleast he understood the important one, Wont have to worry about him dealing with a dragon and fucking us all over.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>53558464
>German guns have higher damage

But thats literally wrong.
SOME Krautguns have pretty high damage, but this tends to be balanced in other aspects.
The only "strictly better" Handgun in the new book is a Holdout and that means its just strictly better crap with 4 shots in the mag.
Like, the Savalette Guardian is still the best heavy Pistol, the Ares Alpha still the best Assault Rifle and the AA's are still the best Shotguns.
I think the german SMGs have grabbed the highest Damage rating in the class, but the Ingram Smartgun X is still king of versatility, thanks to GasVent AND Silencer.
Basically every new gun fills some niche and the really really good stuff is fucking rare, with 20f for the magazin and the gun each.

German cars might be better than many counterparts, but a) many normal cars suck and b) thats just realism.
>>
Would anyone want a sad third party translation of the State of the Art pdf? Or, at least some pages of them? I don't have any way to edit pdfs so it'll be really sad pictures of the pages. I got the German one and have been messing around with google translate for funsies.
>>
>>53563130
>funsees

But these translations are just sad.
I thought G would be way beyond that stage by now.
>>
>>53563130
Eh, that translation really reeks of Google Translate
Better one would be

Ruhrmetall Wolfsspinne 8V2
Security Drone (Large Drone)
The concept of a large, armed to the teeth steel spider with a pronounced hunting instinct was seen as a technical gimmick for a long time. Too big was the fear of collateral damage or a hostile takeover through hacking. Also too high were the acquisition and operational costs compared to what you can achieve with more guards. Ruhrmetall had to pay dearly for that, but held on to the idea and a few weeks ago they presented the newest advance with the type designation 8V2, which combines the important changes: eight legs (formerly five), a higher focus on defense and the realignment of the weaponry towards two heavy, thus bigger weapon mounts.
This drone is controlled with the Pilot Walker skill
Similar Models: Renraku Tsuchigumo

Standard mods: Gecko grip feet, 2 heavy weapon mounts with 1 Vindicator Minigun each; Autosofts: Smartsoft, Targeting[Vindicator Minigun] 5

>Based on what we see here this spider is hellishly smart. Anyone got details?
>Russenrigger

>Recently I was in their system for unrelated reasons and found tons of "Trog of War"-Gameplay footage and data sets of dozens of virtual encounters. Apparently Rurhmetall build an extremely realistic simulation of the Wolfsspinne for the VR-Shooter and made the brain of the spider fight endlessly against players
>Tolstoi

>One of it's new tricks: Five legs grouped in front so that they make a protective barrier. The less armored "back" (which doesn't really exist due to the sensors on the back side) is then placed against a wall
>Karel

>Ruhrmetall Wolfspinne 8V2
Vehicle Handling Speed Accel Body Armor Pilot Sensor Avail Price
RM Wolfspinne 8V2 5 1B 1 8(0) 14 4 4 16F 110000Y

Note: The Vindicator Miniguns are custom made for installation in the Wolfspinne. Due to their compact build they don't require weapon mounts as large as normal Vindicators would need
>>
>>53560823
Your contingencies are too complex imo, especially the last one that relies on them selling their gear.
>>
>>53560823
I would make it gangers rather then terrorists. To make it feel like a milk run and leave more room for build up. Also don't take their gear. That will unfairly fuck over some players more then others.
>>
>>53563456
Any clue what the name is meant to translate to, anon? Wolfsspinne is "Wolfspider" as far as I can tell, but "Ruhrmetall" has me stumped. I know there's the Ruhr River, which has some tenuous mining and industrial connotations, but I can't figure out what the fuck the word itself means with this name.

Google Translate likes the idea of suggesting that it means "Dysentery", which is fun but not helpful, unless the drone (or its manufacturing) has something to do with bacterial diarrhea.
>>
I try to avoid the Nightlies of Chummer, so it might be something already fixed.

In Chummer when I'm trying to modify a drone, it uses the cost of, like, a car rather than a drone. Am I missing something from an update to the books, or is it just a chummer issue?
>>
>>53564299
>Ruhrmetall
that's just a company
metalworking and stuff
Literally "Rhine metal"
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Ruhrmetall
>>
File: NQ7mxZO.png (3MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NQ7mxZO.png
3MB, 663x1000px
>>53564299
Ruhrmetall is the company. They're an industrial group founded essentially in opposition to Saeder-Krupp. They're the metalworking equivalent of General Motors.
>>53564394
Chummer issue. Fixed in current nightlies, but current nightlies are kinda broken at the moment.
>>
>>53564394
That's because by default it uses the Car Mod rules
If you want to use the Drone Mod rules you have to check the option under Options -> Optional rules -> Use Drone Modification rules
>>
File: Always Stupid.jpg (26KB, 205x203px) Image search: [Google]
Always Stupid.jpg
26KB, 205x203px
>>53564483
Thanks
>>
The Nuyen Karma Max sets itself to 235. Is this new, or?
>>
>>53564483
Oh right, that.

Incidentally, that reminds me. Would you guys consider it better if I was to make handling adjustments and such into number controls like how attributes work instead of the current setup? Doing it that way would remove then eed for Handling (Drone) mods and such.
>>53564671
Errata. Would point you to the errata thread, but the forums are offline because of the Frenchies.
>>
>>53564727
>are offline because of the Frenchies.
oh, so that's the reason
what happened?
>>
>>53564727
>Errata
Awesome. Any particular reason for it?
>>
>>53564820
Because in Priority/Sum-to-ten you get 450k Nuyen for A Resources, which is worth 225 Karma. That plus the 10 Karma you can put towards Nuyen is a total of 235.
>>
>>53564856
Awesome. I knew of the A resources ending with a 50k increase over Karma. Good to know the 10k towards Nuyen applies here, though.
>>
File: I17KbTD.png (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I17KbTD.png
108KB, 1920x1080px
>>53564755
Horrible security on the part of the sysadmins.
>>
>>53565021
DemiGOD's sleepin', post CP!
>>
>>53564441
>Literally "Rhine metal"
That would be Rheinmetall, which are a company that actually exist.
>>
>>53565672
In their defense, the Rhein river does run through the Ruhr valley. Odds are Ruhrmetall IS Rheinmetall rebranded for the Sixth Age.
>>
Karma, priority or sum-to-ten?
>>
>>53566033
Sum-to-Ten.
>>
>>53566033
Sum-to-Ten is objectively better, try Sum-to-Twelve if you want to get wild.
>>
>>53566043
>>53566068
Different person, but why that over Karma?
>>
>>53566155
Karma lets you make broadly skilled characters.

Sum to Ten lets you start out reasonably competent, and it's harder to buy higher levels of skills and attributes in play. Much easier to specialized with Sum to Ten and then buy some low level skills later if you need them.
>>
>>53566155
Not either of the above two, but I assume because it's much quicker.
>>
File: FBIVan.jpg (198KB, 1578x1002px) Image search: [Google]
FBIVan.jpg
198KB, 1578x1002px
>>53565113
Did somebody say CP?
>>
File: 800px-Runny_hunny.jpg (223KB, 800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Runny_hunny.jpg
223KB, 800x1213px
>>53566256
You can't stop me, piggy pie! My viscosity is dynamic!

1 cP = 10−3 Pa·s = 1 mPa·s
>>
>>53554833

MEN WHO DO NOTHING BUT DREAM

Should just stay in their dreams forever!
>>
Would there be any problems if I just slashed the price of Cyberdecks in half?
>>
>>53567888
Only on the lower end, maybe. You might also want to reduce their availability by a point or two.
>>
>>53567962
What's the 'lower end'?

And just globally drop the availability by 2?

What sort of things should I do to help Technomancers?
>>
>>53567986

The 'lower end' are the decks that cost less than 100k. And yeah, dropping availability on decks b one or two can help Deckers start out more survivable.

About the only thing you can really do for Technos without starting to heavily houserule shit would be to give them skinlink I think. I haven't played with Technos much sorry.
>>
>>53567986
I give Technomancers at my table Skinlink, the ability to be a part of a PAN/WAN, and the ability to run programs on the Living Persona as if they were a cyberdeck.
I currently have a Techno at my table, and he hasn't died yet, so maybe something is working.
>>
>>53568029
I was thinking of skinlink, yeah. I haven't looked into them in a while, and I remember them not being able to do a PAN or skinlink.

Good to know on the deck thing.

>>53568063
I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

What do you two think about making some of the complex actions be simple to help combat decking be more viable when in AR and stuff?
>>
>>53555163
Gonna do this, plus a 30% upcharge in nuyen and Essence and to allow it to transform from a really fucking big arm (character is a troll) to a really fucking Big O arm (shield, no piston, implanted shotgun). Functions as an Extreme Cyberweapon with a few caveats: is effectively a pile bunker, uses shotgun blanks to fire, six shot removable cylinder is stored on the character's person and inserted after transformation, secondary function uses standard shotgun rounds and counts as a Roomsweeper. Only functions while transformed, borderline impossible to conceal while transformed, only slightly sneakier while in the default state.

Not sure how the shield will work, probably just going to have it provide extra armor to the arm (always) and chest (while deployed). It's probably OP, but it's cool and will make the players happy. It also lets me really fuck with them later since a massive troll with a giant robot arm is pretty unique and memorable.
>>
>>53564261
I was gonna give them top of the line super stuff so that they don't have to worry about dying while I'm still stumbling around the rules. They'll get the chance to properly equip themselves afterwards.
>>
http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/drones/drapers-genetically-modified-cyborg-dragonfleye-takes-flight

Well, that's neat.
>>
>>53568592
>inb4 IRL MKIV prototype from Dragonfall
>>
Shadowrun newbie here.

Is there a way to make Shape Change spell work in combat (we're playing SR5 by the way).

Can I use Increase [Body] or Decrease [Body] before casting Shape Change to expand my options?
>>
>>53559311
They are ramping up to that, read any 5e book and the metaplot is all 'more magic all over, doing magic things.'

Problem (besides the license) is that it stops being Shadowrun at that point. You don't want Age of Celedyr, do you?
>>
>>53568983
As another viewpoint, I think that is the eventual progression of the setting, but not a place that Shadowrun as we know it should go. It's up to you whether Magical Nano-Dragon Spirits in Space is an interesting setting, but it'd have to be built from the ground up rather than coming from Shadowrun.
>>
Is using a genetic bond (eg between father and daughter) as a material link for ritual magic legit? I remember that being a thing in one of the shadowrun games, but I can't find it anywhere in the books. 5th edition.

The closest I can find is Blood Bond, but that only speaks of linking the caster to a kin of himself, not using another person to forge a link to another to be used as a material link for the purpose of casting spells.
>>
File: The_Blood_Magic.jpg (17KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
The_Blood_Magic.jpg
17KB, 300x273px
>>53569517
Pretty sure it's legit. The bond would be weaker than using a sample from the target, but there's still both a genetic and emotional link that helps the spell connect.
>>
>>53569609
I don't doubt it, but I want to read the actual rules myself.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.