[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meet Claude Bloodgood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: claudefrizzelbloodgood.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
claudefrizzelbloodgood.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>play almost exclusively the Grob's Gambit (1. g4) as White
>even publish a book expounding the virtues of this joke of an opening
>stab your own mother to death in an argument
>get sentenced to the chair
>have your ass saved by the Supreme Court shutting down the death penalty in 1972
>play correspondence games in prison until overpowering a guard and having your pen pal privileges taken away
>play over 2000 games against fellow inmates for the remainder of your life, most of which are low quality players and whom you've bribed and threatened into letting you win
>get a FIDE rating of around 2700 by the 1990s, which would put him in company with elite grandmasters and qualified him for the US Chess Championship in 1996 (which of course he couldn't attend anyway)
>this rating of course being artificially inflated by his hundreds of wins against scrub opponents behind bars
>FIDE even changed their ranking system to prevent this sort of artificial inflation by a player like Bloodgood

Just when you thought Bill Wall was the hero chess needed.
>>
What is a Bill Wall?
>>
>>53525955
Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to (he didn't kill anyone before you ask).
>>
>>53526093
>William L. Wall (c. 1931 – August 4, 2014) was president (1972) of the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and also served as the Executive Director of the organization from 1973–75 while he was still at MacMurray College. He was one of the first small college representatives on the NABC board. He died at his home in Bermuda Dunes, California.[1][2]

The utter madman
>>
>>53525955
He's a 2200ish player who writes a column for amateur players. He's flashy and flamboyant in play, likes really wild attacking lines, which he can make work because he mostly plays amateurs who get bored by actual top level play.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=32393
>>
>>53525955
A guy who beats up sub-1000 players using well-known King's Gambit and Bird's Defense opening traps and also thinks his <20 move junk games are worth taking chessgames.com's valuable server space.

Seriously, they're about at the level of those games you'd see in Fred Reinfeld books used to teach beginners how to avoid elementary chess mistakes.
>>
Bill Wall has some good games against real opponents if you care to look for them, but it's kind of like Paul Morphy...all his flashiest wins (like the Opera Game) were against tomato cans.
>>
I'm a complete scrub, but I love watching chess. Any people worth watching on youtube/twitch/elsewhere?
>>
>>53528439
Stop watching cuck
>>
>>53528411
I do have a soft spot for games like Morphy's Opera Box game and they are definitely more fun than some 95 move Catalan Opening grindfest.
>>
>>53528411
Morphy did sometimes do positional games, although they weren't all that remarkable compared to his tactical ones, and chess books usually don't reprint those, so they're not as well known.
>>
I looked up Bloodgood's games. They're pretty boring stuff because all of his opponents seem to be complete scrubs, he never ever does anything but 1. g4, and almost all of them have some variant of the same queen side attack (involving Qb3).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.