[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k and Halo Ground Command Comparison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Covenant_Attack_Blog_1.jpg (80KB, 580x279px) Image search: [Google]
Covenant_Attack_Blog_1.jpg
80KB, 580x279px
Does anyone have a picture of the Halo Ground Command game next to 40k models, I'm wondering how they compare size wise
>>
>>53519056

Halo is 15mm, it is no where near the size of 40k which is 28mm.

Here is a side by side of Flames of War and 40k. Flames of War is the same scale so you could expect a similar size.
>>
>>53519572
shame, I would have really liked an Imperial Guard/Deathwatch vs. Covenant concept
>>
>>53519056
It's 15mm / 1:100 scale, so the models are about half the size of 40k.

If you want Halo guys in 40k, there are plenty of 3rd party manufacturers doing not Halo sculpts. Mantic Enforcers with head swaps, the Enforcer character IS either Master Chief or Doom4guy, pretty sure Anvil Industries has some Halo guys and their stuff is great quality.
>>
File: 20170527_140203.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_140203.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Played a demo at muse on minis con this last weekend and I've been itching to get the starter set since
>>
>>53519056
Its like comparing spanish and italian. Its the same shit, but Its fanbases will never admit it.
>>
>>53520046
Link?
>>
>>53521950
Well, how was the game? give an overview?
>>
File: Halo.webm (2MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Halo.webm
2MB, 1067x600px
>>53523260
Table was set up to have the choice of who you want to play so I went with UNSC

Game is alternating activations, I lost the initiative roll and he moved the 2 Hunters up, I took a reaction with my sniper team on the left but didn't roll enough to shoot. They used their activation doing that but they're still allowed to try reaction fire. Hunters shot at the snipers and took out the 2 rifle stands with them.

Took my Spartan and moved him in to the building in the middle which gave me a special equipment. I could choose between rocket launcher or spartan laser so I took the laser. Ghosts go next and I roll to react with the spartan and take out one of the ghosts which then shoot at my infantry taking out a few stands.

Take my infantry with rocket launchers and move them up while shooting the Ghosts wounding one. Jackals move up towards my snipers and I roll to react but fail to damage.

Warthogs move up and roll on a grunt squad taking out most of the stands. Other infantry moves up towards the building

Next round they charge in to the middle building for close combat and my spartan gets kicked out. Go and mop up the ghosts with them and have my infantry unit charge in to take the bunker. Hunters get killed at this point and we end the demo.
>>
>>53519662
how? the system aren't even remotely compatible.
>>
>>53524042
>those warthogs

Welp, I'm going to have to pick up at least some just to paint.

The Warthogs and Pelican are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>53521950
it's a Spartan game, as soon as the 3-year contract forced on them by Microsoft is up, you can be sure support for the game will dwindle into a trickle of one unit a year. Don't enable Neal.
>>
>>53520046
Also iirc tt combat has forerunner structures and covenant anti air batteries as mdf terrain
>>
>>53530980
Basically this, sadly. Spartan can't even give proper updates to their flagship game and has no problem ditching systems that don't fit the CEO's current whim.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.