[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 38

File: maldicion de Strahd.jpg (864KB, 1280x1749px) Image search: [Google]
maldicion de Strahd.jpg
864KB, 1280x1749px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion - Monster Mash Edition

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Long ago, in the Before Times:
>>53510308

Outside of Curse of Strahd, have you used any horror movie/story monsters and clichés in your games? Have you run a horror-themed campaign, whether it was the more traditional sort or something more in the Lovecraft style? Was anyone spooked?
>>
Anons? Long story short, I'm trying to create more "openly fantastical" races for an Oriental Adventures setting, and I could really use a hand to balance out this racial trait. Any suggestions?

Hengeyokai: You belong to a race of magical beasts that can assume partially or wholly humanoid form, as well as revert to your true bestial shape when it suits you. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.

* In your Human Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as human.

* In your beast form, which is determined by your race, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the beast; if you and the beast have the same proficiency and the beast’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the beast’s bonus. You retain your hit dice, hit points, and the ability to speak and cast spells in beast form.

* Kitsune turn into foxes, tanuki turn into tanuki (use the stats for raccoons), mujinas turn into badgers, bakeneko turn into cats, itachi turn into weasels, kawauso turn into otters, jorogumo turn into spiders.
>>
>>53518490
Wait, you're that 3d4 guy?
>>
>>53518605
>itachi wizard
>sit in a tree and shoot fireballs all day
>itachi fighter
>can't even use my sword or shield
great
>>
>>53518605
>cast spells in beast form
NO
>>
File: GOMAD results.jpg (663KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
GOMAD results.jpg
663KB, 1536x2048px
>>53518420
>going mad
>>
>>53518536
I had a horror adventure once that was part of the overall non-horror campaign.

One character was missing, and in the course of searching for him the party came upon a strange cavern. There were lava flows, and unresponsive blacksmiths, and a rumbling thudding sound that got stronger as they progressed.
I dimmed the lights and spoke softly and made sure to emphasize more than just vision. Whenever describing the thudding sound, I would stomp my foot ("thump-thump"), and steadily increased the power/volume of the stomp.
By the time they realized it was their friend's heart at least one player was almost unwilling to keep going. It was pretty intense.
The faerie with the gaping chest wound crying tears of blood and trying to rip their hearts out didn't hurt, either.
>>
>>53518645
And people said elves were fantasy creatures
>>
>>53518645
Please, anon, this is a blue board. No naked breasts are to be posted.
>>
>>53518635

Seconding this, spells + morphing is OP.
>>
>>53518645
>That gyno
>Those childbearing hips

Either a tranny or someone who got shafted by the genetic lottery
>>
>>53518536
Need that pasta about Anon running a game on Mars while everyone wears gas masks and listens to SOUNDS OF THE PLANETS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fqE01YYWs
>>
How would you go about making a chase scene where an npc, who would rather flee than fight, and keep it interesting/fun? Traps and low hp mooks that they and PCs have to deal with?
>>
File: ss.jpg (62KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
62KB, 500x600px
>>53518666
You can't make it with that attitude. You'll reach my aesthetics one day.
>>
>>53518605
>Weeb shit
This was supposed to be a safe space.
>>
>>53518706
It's in a crowded alley or on top of some roofs or a wall and when enemies "die" they're just beaned by some crates or a collapsing market stall or fall off the edge in typical cartoon fashion. All traps and attacks are similar uses of the environment against the party.
>>
>>53518605
Go to /pfg/ if you want your weebshit
>>
>>53518605
>still have spellcasting while an animal
Hurry up and change it.
>>
File: floorbreak.webm (2MB, 576x304px) Image search: [Google]
floorbreak.webm
2MB, 576x304px
>>53518746
Is wushit acceptable here
>>
How would I make a Roman soldier? I have all UA and supplements available.
Should I take spear master and shield master? or be a dex fighter and rock and roll with shield and short sword? What is the best martial archetype?
>>
>>53518490
>men roleplaying raping each other
your friends are the most tremendous faggots
>>
>>53518630
>>53518635
>>53518765
Alright, I'll remove that.

How can I avoid the "onion defenses" of the Wild Shaping Druid, though?

That's my biggest worry; we all know how Druids can pad out their health by constantly shifting back and forth between forms, and I don't want to make that into a racial ability - way too strong.
>>
>>53518605
No casting in beast form and you should be fine.
Also get rid of kitsune because it invites the wrong kind of players.

>>53518791
>Rebel heroes, corrupt governments, evil sorcerers, and epic journeys
I don't see why not
>>
>>53518791
Weebshit is a symptom, not a cause. I'd agree that you probably don't want tanukis and kitsunes in a normal fantasy game, but if you can moderate people's autism it's fine in a far east game.
>>
>>53518823
Disentigrate and portants
>>
>>53518800
K.

How do you propose a group of faggots go about doing this?

>>53518624
Yes... But uhh...

Why do you remember it as 3d4?
>>
>>53518894
Start by tying the ropes to something sturdy. Then make a loop that fits over your head.
>>
>>53518851
What about allowing them to speak? Because, y;know, the ability to talk as an animal is one of the things that hengeyokai can traditionally do, off the top of my head.

I can understand the no-spellcasting thing, because that's a game-balance issue, and hopefully the way it's written makes it clear that you don't gain or lose any HP by shifting between native forms, so I guess I just wanted to be clear if the talking matters.
>>
>>53518823
HP shouldn't change when shifting when both forms are your real form. EZPZ.

>>53518894
The plot thickens...
>>
>>53518894
>How do you propose a group of faggots go about doing this?
Buy a bunch of skirts, and girly wigs. Don't forget the vaseline.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 600x1076px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 600x1076px
I'm giving Tiefling a try for once, having a hard time deciding whether I want the base Infernal Legacy or Devil's Tongue.
Thaumaturgy or Vicious Mockery lads?
>>
>>53518894
>Why do you remember it as 3d4?
Something about a barbarian
>>
>>53518912
Sure, speaking is fine.
Just remember that if you want them as races they need to be balanced with other races. Transformation is a pretty strong utility effect (compare with changelings). I'd make the races have +1 to two stats, be able to transform, and probably that's it.
>>
>>53518823
"You can use this feature once at 1st level, twice at 5th and thrice at 11th. You regain all uses when you finish a long rest."
Or something. But also this >>53518915
>>
File: 1303769950892.png (70KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
1303769950892.png
70KB, 534x443px
So, at the end of the day, what's the difference between a Cleric and a Warlock? Both are just having their power granted by an exceptionally powerful individual
>>
>>53518956
The real question is if you add Strength or Con.
>>
>>53518605
Do mujinas have testicles they wear as a hat?
>>
>>53519051
Warlock's patrons aren't gods.
>>
>>53519051
One gets its power through prayer and worship, the other signed a deal.
>>
>>53519083
Raven Queen kind of changed that.

>>53519051
Clerics are granted power as a reward for their faith and service.
Warlocks are granted power because they sign a contract that probably fucks them over in some fashion.

>>53519065
I see literally no reason this wouldn't be the case.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 380x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 380x549px
>>53519051
Clerics worship their patron
Warlocks are more employees
>>
>>53519059
Strength of course or dex if you're trying some crazy position.
>>
Why isn't there a nigger in the op
>>
>>53518915
>>53518964
Yeah, I'm asking just how to write it up to make it clear that your TFing doesn't affect your current hitpoints. Does this look clear enough?

Hengeyokai: You belong to a race of magical beasts that can assume partially or wholly humanoid form, as well as revert to your true bestial shape when it suits you. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.

* Hybrid Form is your default form. It functions as normal for a character.

* In your Human Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as human. It otherwise functions as Hybrid Form.

* In your Beast Form, which is determined by your race, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the beast; if you and the beast have the same proficiency and the beast’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the beast’s bonus.

* Changing shapes does not alter your current hit points, maximum hit points, or hit dice.

* You can change shapes once at 1st level, twice at 5th level, and thrice at 11th level. You regain all expended uses of this trait when you complete a long rest.

* If you have exhausted your uses of shapeshifting, you can revert back to hybrid form, but you cannot then change again into beast or human form.

* Kitsune turn into foxes, tanuki turn into tanuki (use the stats for raccoons), mujinas turn into badgers, bakeneko turn into cats, itachi turn into weasels, kawauso turn into otters, jorogumo turn into spiders.

>>53519065
No, because that's a tanuki thing; mujina are the more obscure badger-shifters.

But seriously, no, tanuki don't either, because this is /tg/, not /d/.
>>
Can the shove from shield master be used to knock someone prone?
Also where in the rulebook does it explain the rules fro shoving, pulling and knocking prone?
>>
>>53519051
Clerics get power through prayer and worship
Warlocks sign a pact with something, which probably wants their soul you something like that. A warlock probably doesn't want to be interesting for the patron

You're far less likely to hear a cleric's goal being"I want to gain enough power to destroy my god because he's going to show up and take my soul sooner or later"
>>
I asked at the end of last thread but I may as well ask again. Does anybody have a copy of Touch of Class from the kickstarter?
>>
File: IMG_20170423_214237007.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_214237007.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
I'm running a one shot this week, and the players involved prefer role playing and exploration to combat. I need ideas for a role play heavy one shot. We've already done the oriental express. Some type of murder mystery maybe? Have any of you guys had any really successful sessions with relatively low combat?
>>
If you roll for random encounters, how often do you do so? Once per hour in dangerous areas and once per day elsewhere, like the book says?
>>
File: (((Diversity))).png (1MB, 2000x908px) Image search: [Google]
(((Diversity))).png
1MB, 2000x908px
>>53519128
there's a couple wetbacks and some sort of dogkin, so I think we're still reaching that (((Diversity))) quota
>>
>>53519315
Murder mystery,
>>
>>53519179
>Can the shove from shield master be used to knock someone prone?
Yes. You will be explicitly told when you are only allowed to use shoving to push someone back/knock them prone (See: Waterborne Adventures UA, with the Minotaur's horn attacks)
>Also where in the rulebook does it explain the rules fro shoving, pulling and knocking prone?
P.195-196 for shoving.
P.190-191 for being prone.
P. 195 for forced movement for pulling. Look under grappling.
>>
File: coins.png (327KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
coins.png
327KB, 640x356px
I'm creating my own setting and I'm wondering if it's worth it to scrap CP, SP, etc. and just have GP as a single, flat, standalone currency.

The immediate pro is that it saves a LOT of bookkeeping, prevents shopping trips from getting slowed down by currency exchanges, and allows players to much more easily detect at a glance how much wealth is in a certain amount of coins.

The immediate downside is that the lack of granularity in different currency types may cause some real fluctuations in relative price; if 1 GP is the cheapest anything can cost then everything that would be less than 1 GP undergoes a sharp increase in price—something that costs just 1 CP is suddenly 100 times more expensive. If gold is given out more liberally to accommodate, then everything else has to be scaled up in turn.

Any advice?
>>
>>53519380
Go for CP as the basis.
>>
>>53519137
You need to specify how long the transformation lasts. Even if there's no timer, you need to mention that.
Otherwise it's fine, especially since virtually no form will grant a stat improvement (not gorilla people pls).

>>53519380
Whichever way you go, rename the coins for extra immersion.
I hate to admit it, but J.K. Rowling did money right, even if she went overboard with the stupid conversion rates (which was a dig at British currency).
>>
>>53519380
Imagine if you instead remove CP and GP, and call SP GP.
>>
>>53519441
Or just stick with silver, which is a more reasonable economic marker for medieval settings anyway.
Or pull a Dragon Lance and make them steel coins.
>>
>>53519436
We already have those silly, they're called africans
>>
>>53519315

The party has been recruited by a paranoid noble to be his bodyguard during a fancy gala where he thinks he may be assassinated. The gala is political in nature to making sure it goes smoothly is of the utmost importance. Decorum must be maintained at all costs.

As the players keep watch on the noble and mingle with the upper class, perhaps a DIFFERENT noble is discovered dead and stuffed in a closet. So it's true that an assassin is afoot! The players must protect the noble from the assassin, discover who the assassin is, and apprehend the assassin, all without causing a scene at the gala. Failing to do so could cause an international incident, or even war, so the stakes are high.

Possible plot twist: the noble himself is behind the assassination, having hired a third party to kill the discovered dead person. The noble had a grudge against the dead person, but performed the fear of assassination himself to cover up his scheme. Why did the noble want that person dead? You decide!
>>
>>53519436
Hah, no, pretty much all the animal choices are absolutely useless at anything combat related. 5e has its issues, but we're past the days of housecats taking down half a dozen commoners at once, aren't we?
>>
>>53519380
Convert everything to copper.
>>
>>53519534
Correct. Cats are 2 hp 1 damage, commoners are 4 hp 2 damage. The world has been made right.

>>53519585
Convert everything to seashells, pleb
>>
>>53519137
>No, because that's a tanuki thing; mujina are the more obscure badger-shifters.

No, tanuki just have giant testicles.

Mujina actually pull their testicles under their ass, and then over their heads.

"Like the tanuki that inpsired them, Mujina have massive scrotums and what looks like a hood or cape is actually it's scrotum pulled through it's legs and draped over it's head."
>>
>>53519726
...Seriously? I knew they were confused with tanuki fairly often, but I never heard of that part.
>>
>>53519749
Most chinese cartoons are theoretically intended for children, so they may have left that part out.
>>
Are there any homebrew Warlock patrons/pacts that are actually usable?
>>
File: CelestialPatron.pdf (138KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CelestialPatron.pdf
138KB, 1x1px
>>53519868
Posted in the last thread, but since you ask...
>>
Going to be starting a campaign with a bunch of first time players in 2 weeks. Fairly certain I'm going to be dealing with at least 1 full caster, maybe two. Would it be worth it to try and print out little spell cards for them to hold onto?

My thought process is they could compose a deck to represent the spells they know, then pull out the spells the want to prep for the day and set the down somewhere they can easy see/reach for reference so they don't have to constantly flip through the PHB.

Worth the effort of formatting, printing, and cutting up/out said cards? Or fuck those guys?
>>
Battlemaster or UA Knight?
>>
>>53518791
What is that even from? I've seen it before
>>
File: 64646546464.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
64646546464.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>53518796
Should I play a fighter at all or make a heavy armor barbarian for extra shoving power from shieldmaster?
>>
5e anons! Confirm just how incredibly overpowered this homebrew PC race is!

Kappa
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Dexterity
Size: Small
Speed: 20 feet, Swim 50
Vision: Normal
Amphibious: You can breathe both water and air.
River Monster: You have a Swim speed of 50 feet.
Crushing Grip: You have Advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks made both to grapple a target and to keep a target grappled.
>>
>>53519946
>Bonus to Str
>Advantage on grapple
A bit much if we're being honest with each other here, my respected family member
>>
>>53519506
Damn dude. You spitting fire
>>
>>53519976
...Yeah, unfortunately, I really drew a blank on these guys.

They're mostly knowing for being disproportionately strong, expert sumo wrestlers, and amphibious.

I'd love to redesign them, but I got no ideas for alternative stats or abilities.
>>
Just modeled a demiplane-garden thingy for a player of mine. He told me he feels bad about the amount of work I do for the games just to see them fuck around for hours.
http://imgur.com/a/lXXs4
Car for scale only, they don't actually ride mustangs.
Always remember to check if you're posting in the right thread.
>>
>>53519868
Someone made a Kek patron a few months back, I don't have the final version but here's the draft:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51382592/#51390645
>>
>>53519946
Not very strong, with a 20 foot movement speed, and small size, along with a very specific type of advantage, that isn't useless, but also isn't astounding.

I'd say underpowered to the point that I'd never play one.
>>
>>53520071
Proficiency in Athletics.
>>
>>53520071
Unhelpful answer: kappas are monsters and shouldn't be played.
Helpful-yet-annoying answer: player races shouldn't get grappling bonuses because not all groups use grappling.
Just give them a strength bonus and maybe proficiency in athletics, and call it a day.
>+2 str, +1 dex
>can breath water
>speed: 25, swim 40
>size: small (3-4 feet)
>athletics proficiency
>>
File: 1492912278022.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1492912278022.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53519868
All hail the cube
>>
>>53520227
>>53520232
Huh, thank you both; that actually looks a lot better. Maybe Advantage on Medicine checks too? If I recall, kappa were said to have taught humanity many forms of medicine as well as sumo wrestling, when they were feeling friendly.
>>
>>53520304
Sure, why not? Medicine is pretty much ribbon-tier anyway.
>>
>>53519341

Also recommending this, if it hasn't been done already. People will even make murder mystery parties by themselves (hide clues around the house, guests hunt them down). It's a little cliche but it's fun.
>>
>>53520239
>Instant corpse destruction
>Invocation improving EB, despite the UA class-modifying guidelines warning against specifically this
>Non-situational advantage on saving throws
>Unarmored AC using two most important stats
Just because it's a humorous subclass doesn't mean it should be unbalanced.

>>53520304
Go for it. Pretty much this >>53520353.
>>
>>53520239
>>53519868

Woah, people posting my stuff! Cool!
Here's the full link to all of mine.

I'm the author, if you've got any questions - it's great to see people share stuff!

I'd have put this here in PDF but it's way too big.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9p7DxYuE-3VQWRpNGQ0ckxLcTQ
>>
Since /5eg/ seems to be feeling helpful, I thought I'd ask for some help with my hengeyokai stats.

This is one I did literally just this morning...

Jorogumo
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Intelligence
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet, Climb 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Born Seductress: You have Proficiency in the Persuasion and Performance skills.
Spider Climb: You have a Climb speed of 30 feet and can climb difficult surfaces, such as upside down on a ceiling, without needing to make an ability check.
Silk Spinner: You can cast Web as a 2nd level spell with this trait. Once you have used this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Can't Trick A Trickster: You have Advantage on Wisdom saving throws made against illusions.
Hengeyokai: Spider
>>
>>53520439
Would you care to respond to the comments made by >>53520429? I love homebrewing when it's done correctly and critically.

>>53520441
Seems a bit much, honestly.
>>
What/how to refluff something as a chef class?

Bard?
>>
>>53520502
Oh? Why is that?

I am honestly interested in fixing my shit up to be less broken, but I will admit that I see Hengeyokai as a trait being... fairly situationally useful.

I don't want to make their racial traits revolve entirely around turning into a tiny little animal. Not every problem can be solved by turning into a fox, a cat, or a 4-inch-long spider.
>>
Anons? Random question; do you think the Selkie could possibly be made into a viable PC race?
>>
>>53519315
Murder(s) mystery in a village full of ghosts. Find out what the ghosts need help with, do their quests to ease their souls, explore a spooky ghost village full of spooky ghost houses, ghost kids and other such memorable spooks, deal with a poltergeist whether through a fight or through easing their burden that was holding them to the material plane, fight a wraith using environmental hazards like shafts of light through a dilapidated roof, find the big baddy who has been murdering and fight him, or don't.
>>
>>53520566
Even if you ignore the spider transformation, you've got proficiency in 2 skills, a useful movement mode, darkvision, access to a 2nd-level spell, and a situational save advantage.
I.E. even without the great utility of transforming into a tiny creature, you're strictly better than the eladrin and many PHB races.

>>53520589
Yes. Now go do it.
>>
Is it worth putting a level into Barbarian for my Battlemaster for the physical damage reduction in rage mode? Or will physical damage eventually just not be important or something? This is my first game of D&D and I'm only level 4 on my Battlemaster.

Also if I have heavy armor master, do I subtract the 3 points of damage before or after halving it from resistance?
>>
>>53520441
Web needs a casting stat since it has a saving throw
>>
>>53520441
>Born Seductress: You have Proficiency in the Persuasion and Performance skills.
Make it either persuasion or deception

Also climbing speed of 30 ft is too strong imo, I'd suggest you change it to: "you gain advantage on athletics and acrobatics checks used to climb"

Plus make web charisma based, you probably forgot that
>>
>>53520441
Too strong, considering they get to turn into spiders n' shit
One of those features has to go, and I think it would be good if you delayed silk spinner to 3rd lvl as well.
>>
As a Dex Rogue, is it worth multiclassing with Fighter and delaying your progression by a level in exchange for a fighting style, second wind and an extra HP?
Also super unsure whether I want an extra skill by starting as Rogue or the proficiencies + saving throws of Fighter. Going as Swashbuckler so TWF is nice.
>>
>>53520646
Resistance is always applied last in damage calculations
>>
>>53520633
Ah. I see. Hmm... any suggestions on how to fix the Jorogumo then? I thought the result was fairly myth-accurate and balanced, but I didn't realize it was so overpowered.

Of course, compared to 4e, racial balance is all over the place in this edition.

And Selkie could work? Alright, I'll try and put that together.

>>53520663
>>53520678
Thanks for the callout on Web needing a casting stat.

Hmm... Deception might work better. Hell, I only threw the "Performance Proficiency" in because they're so strongly associated with playing the Biwa - that Cha/Int bonus makes them work good as Bards anyway, so that cares for itself.

>>53520702
I'm thinking get rid of Can't Trick a Trickster, downgrading Spider Climb, and making Silk Spinner a "hit level 3 first to access" trait. Will that help?
Any anons here remember Scro? These were a sort of vaguely Nazi-esque uber-Orcs from Spelljammer. I was wondering if these stats for a hypothetical 5e version are balanced?

Scro
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
Speed: 30 feet
Languages: You are capable of speaking, reading and writing Orcish (or the Scro dialect, if your DM makes a distinction), Elvish and Common.
Powerful Build: You are treated as one size category larger for purposes of determining your capacity to lift, push, pull, drag and carry.
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hitpoints, but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hitpoint instead. You can't use this feature again until you complete a long rest.
Will of Iron: You have Advantage on Wisdom saving throws against Charm and Fear effects.
>>
>>53520502
>>53520429

I'll reply based on the most recent version, which is linked in >>53520439

>Corpse Destruction
I'm not sure why this is a problem, but it's once per long rest and takes a whole minute. You could just cast cantrips at it till it was nothing more than a smear in that time.

>Invocation improving EB
I've not seen specifically which guidelines you're mentioning, but if you could link them I'd appreciate it.
This only increases the damage value on average by 2 points, requires a bonus action, and the rider effect doesn't trigger unless you manage to hit the same target more than once.

>Advantage on saving throws
At 13th level, for the cost of an invocation. It's supposed to be against poison, actually. I hadn't caught that. Thanks for pointing it out!

>Unarmored AC
Given that this warlock variant has multiple abilities dedicated to grappling and being within melee range of an attacker, they need the opportunity to reach a higher AC value. Unless their Dex is at least 16 its no different than if you took the free mage armor invocation.
>>
>>53520741
Cool, thanks
>>
>>53520726
STR CON is better than DEX INT imo, and losing one skill isn't too bad, especially if you go half-elf.
>>
I want to run a campaign inspired by Exalted, and use only human or partially human races. Humans, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Tieflings, Aasimar, and Genasi.
>>
What would be a good way to buff a particularly strong Dryad to better fit being the "owner" of an oasis

Nothing that makes her too powerful, but maybe instead of the CR 1 Dryad from the MM she's more around CR 3, maybe with some unique spellcasting that normal Dryads don't have access to
>>
>>53520760
I'd get rid of "can't trick a trickster" and "born seductress." At that point you're pretty much fine.

Scro seems more-or-less ok (perhaps slightly OP but not enough to bitch about).
>>
>>53520441
If you use the point system as a guide it's 31 points assuming Spider Climb+30ft climb is worth 6 points (same as fly 30, but can use medium/heavy armor). 29 if you call Int/Cha non synergistic Then you have pseudo invisibility through becoming a spider, eventually multiple times a day which is probably worth as much as standard delayed magic if not more. If you count it as much it's 6 more points for 35-37.
>>
>>53520760
It sure helps.
Scro is fine, but it might be strange having an Orc knowing 5 languages at lv1.
>>
>>53520557

Realistically, what would a chef do as a class?
>>
How does one make a draconic sorcerer who doesn't suck?
>>
>>53520844
Combine aspects of the Nereid from Tales from the Yawning Portal.

(Although in this case they're more of a Limnad)
>>
>>53520844
>more hit dice
>some druid spells
>use the oasis water to attack and defend
>call desert animals to help
>call swarm of insects
>animate oasis tree to fight

>>53520989
Cooks shit and beat people up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJozK6lsQHE
>>
>>53520557
Literally just give someone proficiency in cooking. It doesn't need to be an entire class it's just a hobby
>>
>>53520767
>I'm not sure why this is a problem
Interaction with rez spells, mostly.

>guidelines
Here ya go: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/modifying-classes
>Caustic Blast
Adds 2 damage, which is already noticeable when multiple beams per round are fired, but the potential to add enormous physical damage to the fighter/barbarian's attacks (and the fact that no resource is expended for the effect) is the real problem.

>supposed to be against poison
Well then, that does make a large difference. :)

>Unarmored AC
That is incorrect. Their dex doesn't matter for the mage armor comparison, their charisma does; and this invocation is strictly better if your charisma is at least 16, which it will basically always be.
I get that they want to get up close and personal, but getting physical resistance from Side Splitting is already fairly potent (especially at level 14, at which point it does not remove your ability to grapple). Furthermore, even monks' unarmored defense calculation isn't as good as this one, and it's the monk's gimmick.

Thanks for being receptive to feedback. This thread is going nicely so far.
>>
>>53520999
Twin Haste.
>>
>>53520841
If you find players who want to do that, go ahead.
>>
>>53520557
Chefs shouldn't adventure.
Take artisan background, grab chef's tools
Done.

Artificer can get expertise with chef's tools so it's your best bet.
>>
File: legionary severan.jpg (73KB, 563x960px) Image search: [Google]
legionary severan.jpg
73KB, 563x960px
>>53518796

I suggest dex fighter with shield and shortsword. Champion with the Protection Fighting Style. Start out with Chainmail armor. Put some javelins in your inventory too.
>>
>>53521041
> Cooks shit
Back it a background as an extension of 'artisan'

> beat people up
Going off that video, I'd go Monk/Rogue multiclass with no points in Charisma (or all, depending on your interpretation).
>>
File: C60evBuV0AAKjZ1.jpg (216KB, 1223x1920px) Image search: [Google]
C60evBuV0AAKjZ1.jpg
216KB, 1223x1920px
>>53520557
Take Barbarian, great weapon master, and fluff it as Gordon Ramsey.

For real though:
>Use Ranger as a base
>Favored Enemy relates to the type of food you specialize in cooking
>Some kind of simple "Recipe" system that allows you to fix meals to buff team members
>The food has special effects depending on the type of monster used to make it (Abberation, Beast, Etc)
>Some kind of fighting Ability, preferably with oversized kitchen utensils (Trident, Spear, Greatsword, Knives, etc)
>>
Does a Sentinel attack resolve before or after the initial triggering attack?

Based on the rules it seems like after, however the whole point of Sentinel is to protect your squishies so it would also make sense to resolve before.
So what do you guys think?
>>
>>53520858
>>53520911
Alright, changes made. Query; could a level restricted feat to let a jorogumo use Hengeyokai to turn into a Giant Spider (Challenge 1) or a Swarm of Spiders (Challenge 1/2) ever be balanced?

It's times like these that I remember why I hang out on /tg/.

Since the Jorogumo has been amended, let's try the *hard* one...

Tanuki
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Charisma
Speed: 30 feet, Fly 15
Vision: Darkvision
Tanuki Trickery: You can cast the Minor Illusion cantrip with this trait. At 3rd level, you can cast Disguise Self as a 1st level spell once per long rest with this trait. In both cases, Charisma is used as the casting ability score.
Tanuki Transformations: You are a shapeshifter who can freely assume the form of an inanimate object and then revert to your normal form. As an action, you can transform into tools or a weapon by using this ability; you can’t move in such a form, but can be used by another character. In weapon form, attacks made with you count as magical for piercing damage resistance. In tool form, characters may use the tools as if they had proficiency in the requisite skill.
Flying Leaf: You have a Fly speed of 15 feet.
Tail Slap: Your Unarmed Strikes have a base damage of d4.
Hengeyokai: Tanuki, use the stats for a Raccoon.
>>
>>53521386
>Tanuki
What? no mention of giant testicles?
>>
>>53521278
I recall the ruling being that reactions happen before the trigger.

Else stuff like uncanny dodge wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>53521386
>Fly speed
Buff the transformation, maybe give them 'alter self' or something at will and let them turn into inanimate objects but remove the fly speed for sure, and if it is alter self at will that's a level 2 spell so you should probably remove the illusion stuff, I guess, maybe. At least alter self is concentration.
>>
>>53521433
This is /tg/, not /d/. I'd be kicked out of /5eg/ if they had something relating to oversized reproductive organs.
>>
Someone asked about Warlock earlier but are there any decent homebrew sorcerous origins?
>>
When do you allow your Battlemaster to use Parry?
He insists he should be able to use it after he knows what the damage is.
I tell him he can use it after he knows the attack hits but before the damage is rolled.
>>
>>53521386
Mostly balanced. Adorable.
Why fly speed though?
>>
>>53521509
RAW I think he's right. The trigger is being damaged, not being hit.
>>
File: coogle.jpg (118KB, 787x830px) Image search: [Google]
coogle.jpg
118KB, 787x830px
>>53521498
>Homebrew
Go ask plebbit or someone with similarly shit taste.
>>
>>53521556
>le reddit meme
Newfags need to stop trying so hard to fit in.
>>
>>53521509
>>53521539
It does explicitly say "when another creature damages you," not "when another creature hits you," so your player is correct.
>>
>>53521479
How would I buff the transformation, precisely? Also, what's wrong with the Fly speed?

>>53521516
Because some stories of the tanuki say that they can fly. That's why Mario got the ability to fly from the Magic Leaf in Super Mario Bros 3 - it was a bowdlerization of "Tanuki Mario" to "Raccoon Mario".
>>
>>53521539
>>53521583
Okay, thanks guys
>>
>>53521498
It's hard to find good sorc homebrew because the class isn't very popular. Fortunately it's gotten more official subclasses/UA subclasses than any other class.

>>53521589
Fair, I suppose. But maybe not balanced in this case. Perhaps let them glide but not fly?
>>
Gonna run a pvp game.
I know this game isn't balanced for pvp, and it's just one session.

What are some tips/ideas to make this arena style free for all more fun for everyone?
Planning the map to have lair actions that activate at random.
>>
File: DealWithIt.png (15KB, 1920x47px) Image search: [Google]
DealWithIt.png
15KB, 1920x47px
>>53521581
I'm not even slightly ashamed. I'm probably not an exception, either.

>>53521636
Remember that caster supremacy no longer applies to combat and don't try to gimp them.
>>
>>53521052

>interaction with rez spells
I'd not considered that, mostly because you're intended to eat monsters with it. I don't know what the difference between this and casting acid splash a few times would be though.

>guidelines
Funny enough I've never actually looked at those. I tend to place lower value on damage abilities that function in conjunction with allies efforts, and it's only for a single attack. If you're worried about the damage increase, remember that it's only for one attack at most, so it'll probably be a +10 damage boost on average for the ally provided the enemy fails their Con save all the time.

>unarmored AC
It's identical to the monk version, but with Cha instead of Wisdom. If I were to indicate that the maximum value could only be 18, would that help?
>>
>>53518536
I had the players encounter a Mi-go in the basement of a powerful wizard's lakefront estate. I also tend to use ghosts, haunted houses, and unseen portals to other dimensions a lot.
>>
>>53521589
Even a small flyspeed kinda negates certain challenges and encourages 'I fly 10ft up so nobody can hit me in melee and then just snipe the enemies all day'
Not all stories of tanuki have them flying and it'd be best to ignore that part and instead build, say, tengu around that if those are even relevant. And focus on making tanuki the transformative ones.
As for transformation, as I said, alter self is a possibility. Though best way I think is to give them an improved version of alter self that allows them to dramatically alter their forms, but it still has concentration and doesn't give them significant bonuses for the transformation. But that sounds tricky.

>>53521636
If you implement the 'lose max HP at 0 instead of going unconscious and death saves' dealio players have more HP which negates the fact that all players are naturally glass cannons
The paladin will still win by smiting everybody and instantly killing them all though
Or the wizard who just hides in his pocket dimension until everybody's dead
>>
>>53521663

Reddit's decent for homebrew and finding art but it's really sterile and there's no memes. /tg/ has a good community simply because you'll rarely recognize anyone and it's actually funny instead of being a collection of whining about group dynamics and stolen stories for votes.
>>
>>53521620
Hmm... maybe either get rid of Tanuki Transformations, or else make them mutually exclusive? You can have Flight, or you can have the "turn into objects" power, but now both?

Although... come to think of it, just how useful IS Tanuki Transformations on its own? How much use is the power to turn into a lockpick or a magic sword just when the party needs it?

>>53521685
Hm, fair point, although they're hardly the worst offenders; Tieflings can have a permanent 30ft fly speed, Aarakocra have a permanent 50ft fly speed, and Protector Aasimar can gain 30ft Fly plus bonuses for 1 minute/day.
>>
>>53521589
>can fly
Yeah, bro, gotta echo the other sentiments that glide would be better, fly is hard to balance for, ie you don't a playable race with permanent fly.

>>53521674
We need a story time there, bro.
>>
>>53521725
>and it's actually funny instead of being a collection of whining about group dynamics and stolen stories for votes.
>instead
We have those too, just trade votes for (you)s.
>>
>>53521663
Yeah, wasn't planning to nerf anyone. There's very few casters anyway. And the ones that do play them are generally the more retarded ones.

>>53521685
Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by the first thing?
>Or the wizard who just hides in his pocket dimension until everybody's dead
No wizards in the group, so no worries.
Still, the place they're fighting is a demiplane itself similar to Barovia so certain planar magics are not permitted. In fact, at the beginning they'll be notified the only way to escape is to be the last one standing.

OOC everyone knows this is just for fun and they aren't actually losing their characters if they die.
>>
>>53521740
Those particular things are generally considered OP, however, unless the DM makes sure to fuck over your ability to fly repeatedly.

Even 15ft fly speed is enough to get yourself off the ground and hover there so nobody can hit you except at range, and most monsters are shit outside of melee.

Generally, fly speed races aren't very generally applicable due to some of the cheese they can use.

I'd stick with focusing on transformations for tanuki, fly speeds are more the domain of others.
>>
>>53521669
>Acid
It's very hard to completely dissolve a corpse beyond rezzability with just acid splash. That's really not a huge deal, though, because as you say it's intended for baddies anyway.

>Guidlines
I encourage you to read them, because they shed light on original designer intent.

>Damage increase
By level 11, this will trigger several times per combat. And it doesn't only apply to one attack - it's "until the start of your next turn," meaning all your weapon buddies get double damage on that round. Yikes.

>Unarmored AC
Consider this: if it weren't for unarmored AC, most monks would NOT maximize wisdom. Dex/Cha are more useful to a warlock than Dex/Wis are to (non-Open-Hand) monks, which makes this AC calculation superior, if ever so slightly.
Frankly, I don't see the point in this invocation since it's so similar to the Armor of Shadows invocation. If you cap it at 18, it's even more similar, except it's easier to use (because it benefits from either dex or charisma, not just dex).
If you REALLY want this to be an option, consider making Armor of Shadows a prerequisite.
>>
>>53521759
Well, it'll likely be horribly imbalanced still. A paladin in particular can attack someone 3-4 times in a turn and smite every single time for ridiculous damage.

The max HP thing is 'when you hit 0 HP you take damage to your max HP instead of falling unconscious and doing death saves', which effectively doubles your HP if you have no healers or anything like that. Usually it's less though and losing the ability to reset your death saves and come back to consciousness at 1 HP all the time is actually a pretty big blow. However, for things like this it causes HP bloat where players have twice as much HP effectively - and that's a good thing. It's great, because that paladin who tries to burst everybody to 0 now has a lot more to get through and should consider conserving their spell slots at least a tiny bit.
>>
>>53521756
Not actually sure how I'd pull off the Gliding thing as a racial mechanic, though. It's always bugged me when I've tried...

>>53521800
Fair enough. I'll remove that racial trait. Would doing that bring it down to balanced?
>>
>>53521725
>Reddit's decent for homebrew and finding art
Which is what I use it for in the /tg/ context, as well as finding groups.

>No memes
You say that like it's a bad thing.

>/tg/ has a good community
I'd be more inclined to agree if it wasn't for this awful month of political shitposting we've been having. Say what you will about downvotes, but at least on Reddit I don't have to deal with political bickering when I browse for homebrew.

>>53521740
Tanuki Transformation isn't all that powerful, but it's pretty flavorful. It's mostly good for picking locks and shit like that, as you suggest.
>>
>>53521842
Oh, gliding could work. Simply put that they can't increase in altitude, but can travel their speed in distance every turn while only falling a certain distance at the end of every turn (Feather fall reduces fall speed to 60ft, but you could reduce it to even 10ft)

I'm not in the best state to tell if it's balanced, all I can really tell you is that if you put a flight speed on a creature along with a load of other things it's unbalanced, even if that flight speed is 10ft.
>>
File: FakeDnD.png (437KB, 593x497px) Image search: [Google]
FakeDnD.png
437KB, 593x497px
>>
>>53521386
Limit transformation to things you have seen.
>>
>>53521725
>/tg/ has a good community
You still get those odd fuckers who do nothing but try to produce strawman attempts or trying to call you out on things you haven't done 'Stop making strawmen!' and then not actually addressing your points or this or that. Or just generally repeatedly failing to accept points when they're right there in the damn PHB.
Generally it's better, but it's not free of scum.

There've been thread-wide discussions that lead to neither side being able to really make points properly because the other can't do shit.
>>
>>53521905
Limit transformation to things you have eaten.
>>
>>53522032
Limit things that you have eaten to things you have beaten.
>>
>>53521894
>a group existing of only girls
How does that even work?
>>
>>53522043
Limit things that you eat to things you have beaten it to.
>>
Well, since the Tanuki seems to have been discussed and settled, let's try something really hard...

Kitsune
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Intelligence
Foxfire: You know the Produce Flame and Dancing Light cantrips, which you can cast with Charisma. At 3rd level, you can cast Faerie Fire with this trait as a 1st level spell once per long rest, again using Charisma as your casting ability score.
Trickster’s Guile: You have Proficiency in Charisma (Deception).
Hengeyokai: Fox
>>
>>53522143
Slashing unarmed strike ribbon.
>>
Stat Captain Jack Sparrow.
>>
>>53521806
>Damage increase

You're looking at the old version. It's been nerfed since then in the new one I've included here - >>53520439 - that was one of the first things pointed out and I was quick to jump on it.

>Unarmored AC
Fair enough. I've got this going through a pretty skillful community review elsewhere and that'll likely be one of the first things that gets removed or adjusted. They're pretty slow about it, especially for 43-page documents, but we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>53522189
Overusedfaggot/10
>>
>>53521838
I forgot to mention there's no paladins in this group. But it's still a fair point.
What if instead I just doubled everyone's HP for this bout?
There's no barbarians, but seems like this would make a barbarian crazy good.

A paladin and barb usually have limited ranged options, so if they're kited effectively by the more mobile characters then they won't be able to get bursted down.
>>
>>53522189
10 str, 10 dex, 10 con, 10 int, 10 wis, 10 cha.
No class.
>>
>>53519334
Once per short rest. Once per long rest. Once per day travelled. Once per hour spent foraging. If one triggers I tend to limit them to one per session as we only have 3 hour sessions .
>>
>>53522189
>Bonus to crit against defenceless women.
>>
>>53522051
A man is behind the scenes telling them what to do for money.
>>
What's your favorite deceptively difficult monster?
>>
>>53522051
Probably about the same as a group of all guys, with some minor quirks.
>>
>>53522481
Shadows
>>
>>53522464
That makes sense.

>>53522503
No.
>>
Updated the EN5IDER mega again
https://mega.nz/#F!rAoGFBBJ!7oaBSiTtMQl5uDnevTEzHw
>>
>>53522548
Have you ever been around women anon? they aren't that bad.
>>
>>53522143
Huh, really, no complaints about overpoweredness?

Well, maybe y'all can help me with another hengeyokai. I want to give the Itachi, the iconic weasel-shifter, some love. But... I really have absolutely no idea what to do.

http://yokai.com/itachi/

Itachi
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Speed: 35 feet
Writhing Dancer: You have Proficiency in Acrobatics checks. Additionally, you double your proficiency bonus to Acrobatics checks made to escape a Grapple. Creatures trying to Grapple you suffer Disadvantage on their Strength check.
Hengeyokai: Weasel
>>
>>53522481
the nigger

they seem scary because they're inherently monstrous, but a single bullet is all that's necessary to end one

black lives really don't matter
>>
>>53522644
Gas yourself
>>
>>53522644
I was thinking the other way around -- something that players think they can get through by just using standard "hit it until it dies" tactics, but actually requires a bit of finesse. Nothing too difficult, just something for an interesting random encounter.
>>
>>53522143
I think you're in the wrong thread. /pfg/ is down the road
>>
File: 28-1.png (371KB, 502x501px) Image search: [Google]
28-1.png
371KB, 502x501px
>>53522697
Try and make me, snowflake.
>>
File: trump maximum jew.jpg (71KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
trump maximum jew.jpg
71KB, 962x641px
>>53522791
>posting the biggest jew of them all
>>>/r/The_Donald
>>
File: 1495569677157.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495569677157.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>53522791
>>53522644
/5eg/ what's the DnD equivalent of a Trump fanatic?
>>
File: 1410655278813.png (15KB, 251x193px) Image search: [Google]
1410655278813.png
15KB, 251x193px
>don't use homebrew to find a class that fits your character concept, all homebrew is poorly balanced and cancerous

>don't refluff an existing class to fit your character concept

>stop trying to buff preexisting classes, they're fine as is/just play what's best already

>don't play races outside the holy human/elf/dwarf trinity, you aren't a special snowflake

sorry for not playing a vhuman fighter with polearm mastery like everyone else
>>
>>53522643
I think this one's on the weak side.
>>
>>53522840
a lemure
>>
>>53522840
Anyone who blindly follows someone or something.

Meme answer dwarf
>>
Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
>>
>>53522859
It's unfinished, so, yeah, it would be. I literally have no idea what to give these poor bastards - the first draft loaded it up with hypnosis & fire themed SLAs, but then I snapped to my senses and realized that was a stupid idea.
>>
>roll 1
>whoops looks like you hit yourself in the face xD
I'm going to bash someone's face in the next time this happens.
>>
>>53522984
what if you roll a 1 when trying to do that? :^)
>>
>>53522845
suggesting that there are problems with 5e is akin to a personal slight against the noble posters of /5eg/.

The combat system is fine. It isn't boring at all. Martials are perfectly balanced with casters in all aspects of the game, and 4e did nothing right.
>>
>>53522996
You miss, and hit the king in the face.
>>
>>53522845
>don't use homebrew to find a class that fits your character concept, all homebrew is poorly balanced and cancerous

More often than not yes, also some people believe they should be accommodated with disregard to the setting. If you can find a DM to work with you or refluff an existing race it's fine.

>don't refluff an existing class to fit your character concept

Now this is just shitposting, or autists who hate change and something different.

>stop trying to buff preexisting classes, they're fine as is/just play what's best already

I'm ok with this in some aspects, it depends on what classes you're buffing.

>don't play races outside the holy human/elf/dwarf trinity, you aren't a special snowflake

Depends if you're any good at rp, if you are then yeah you can pull it off but the default, since none of us know your abilities, is yeah stop trying to be special because of race.
>>
>>53522919
We got past 170 posts before the shitposting started in earnest this time. I'd say we're making great progress.

>>53523065
Basically this. The game has everything you need for 99.9% of characters, but most races are substitutes for roleplaying rather than enhancing it.
>>
>>53523012
The problem I see is more often than not the "suggestions" are just bitching. If people learned to not be so confrontational when presenting fixes, and actually led with them instead of bitching, people might be more open to it.
>>
>>53522935
Don't know shit about it, but let me try to come up with things.

>bringers of ill omens
Impose disadvantage on an enemy 1/sr

>Itachi are tricksters and pranksters
Proficiency in Deception or maybe Sleight of Hand
>bewitching a human
Charm Person 1/lr

>possessing more alternative forms than any other shape-changer.
Might include more forms in their shapeshifting

>a colossal, bald-headed giant
Enlarge Person when you reach 3rd lvl, range of self, 1/lr
>>
>>53522845
It's your game to mess with I'm not sure why anybody should care if you and your players are having fun and it works.

Most people who house rule and homebrew stuff have no idea how the system actually works however and add strange rules based on knee jerk 'thats stupid reactions '.

This goes back to 1st edition where DM's house ruled out the rule that gave xp for gold. This thus forever cemented murder hoboing and the slow leveling of older editions meme by artificially extending it.
>>
So my DM gave me disadvantage on my underwater rape roll because he said humans have too much hair and therefor drag around their pubes.

He usually goes with rule of cool so i was surprised. I mean, he let me cast sleep on the elf girl so I could make her fall asleep in the first place.

I told him I would cast alter self and give myself a swim speed but he wouldn't let me cast it because we were already underwater and it requires a V component.

Who is in the wrong here? I mean. I should've been able to rape that elf. She was underwater, so that might've been disadvantage, but she WAS sleeping so surely that would give me advantage and counter it so I could just make a normal roll?
Why is my DM such shit
>>
>>53523146
Hmm... I'll skip the shape-changing bits, because that makes the balance harder, but the other aspects sound great! Thanks a ton for the help!
>>
>>53523223
>he let me cast sleep on the elf girl
subtle
>>
File: lelf.png (1MB, 1096x731px) Image search: [Google]
lelf.png
1MB, 1096x731px
>>53523223
Thanks anon. I needed a laugh.
>>
>>53522840
Zealot Barb

Wild Magic Sorcerer or Trickery Cleric if /pol/ meme wizard flavor.
>>
Okay, which side has been making /5eg/ politcal lately, I honestly can't tell
>>
>>53522840
solar
>>
>>53523419
From what I reckon it's one guy baiting for both sides

>>53523248
You're welcome my man, keep us posted on your setting
>>
>>53523496
Thats what i thought, honestly I don't know if it's more than him. I don't get why we need to have little chats about sexuality in /5eg/ Wizards does that enough already
>>
>>53523496
Not so much a setting as "I'm sick of the lackluster effort D&D traditionally puts into Oriental Adventures race options", but thanks. I'm enjoying the hand, and I might just try and put together a setting if I can get a nice array of Oriental races together.

Since this thread's not dead yet, I might as well ask with my biggest issue so far... I could really use suggestions on how to do a Bakemono race.

I know this is the Cat Hengeyokai, but there's at least three different cat hengeyokai in mythology that I'm aware of!

http://yokai.com/bakeneko/
http://yokai.com/nekomata/
http://yokai.com/kasha/

So, I have no idea what stats or abilities to give it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53523419
Both sides are obnoxious, but assuming it's not literally the worst samefag in existence, it seems it started with cons complaining about non-whites in OP pictures and libs refusing to move on, and then both sides masturbating on each other ad infinitum.
This is actually the nicest /5eg/ thread I've seen in weeks.
>>
>>53523545
>Wizards does that enough already
Whoops, I almost thought you were having a discussion in good faith. But I see you were planning on shitposting all along.
>>
>>53523616
>losing faith in me over an edgy meme
I think you may have trust issues anon
>>
>>53523590
I though I saw one going well yeserday, but just after I thought that the (presumed) samefag got done masturbating to how hard he's "trolling" us and started shitting it up
>>
>>53523651
I can't tell the difference between jokes and bait anymore.
I suppose you could call it trust issues, but I really think the average 4chan poster doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>53523572
Still want to refine this, but to have something easier to discuss than a race that literally has nothing...

Yeah, I know the Vanara are an Indian mythos race, but 1: they showed up in 3e's Oriental Adventures, and 2: Sun Wukong.

Vanara
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
Vision: Normal
Tree-Dweller: A vanara has a Climb speed of 20 feet.
Ape Agility: A vanara has Advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks.
Extra Hands: A vanara’s feet can act as secondary hands, thanks to their unique configuration. This allows a vanara to substitute its feet for tasks that would normally require its hands, though this does not allow it to wield more weapons than a human.
>>
>>53523651
>he trusts others
lol get a load of this normie, I bet you even have "friends" or something
>>
>>53523730
We're in a thread about D&D, a game that requires more than 2 people to play, anon is this bait?
>>
>>53521051
>Literally just give someone proficiency in performance. It doesn't need to be an entire class it's just a hobby

And yet bards.

I feel like making a chef archetype for the bard would be ok.
>>
>>53523709
I like this one. Even consider give it 30 feet for climbing, it's not a huge deal.
The only thing I don't love is advantage on all Acro checks, because advantage is supposed to be situational. Either make it advantage on Acro checks to climb, or just give them proficiency in the skill.

>>53523769
Bards have never been a performance-exclusive class. They were originally conceived as fighter/thief/druid multiclass characters. Jack-of-all-Trades was always their primary identity.
Performance was usually part of their kit, but it rarely was the most important thing about them, and was occasionally absent entirely.
>>
One of the other players is playing a fucking dicksucking cockmongling faggot. How do I kill him without the DM kicking me out?
>>
>>53523769
>>53523823
Then again, a chef archetype would be awesome, because it can build on the whole "food prep is an art" thing and also contributes to the bard's niche of out-of-combat support.
I might work on something like that, actually...

>>53523839
Poison in your dick, obviously.
>>
>>53522619
Implying even a quarter of the people on /tg/ are even capable of having a non-awkward conversation with strangers, let alone members of the opposite sex.
>>
>>53523839
Suck your own dick, so it's occupied and cannot be targeted by the cockmongler.
>>
>>53523769
Already done. The pdf even has the ingredients each monster givessel when butchered and like 50 dishes you can make from them
>>
>>53523877
Cast call lightning with him close to the target
>>
>>53523839
what's he doing? why do you want to kill him?
>>
>>53523765
No :^(
>>
>>53523994
Samefag we know it's you, stop even trying
>>
>>53522840
gnomes
>>
>>53523823
Alright, I'll bump up the Climb speed. As for the Acrobatics... on reflection, yeah, just straight up Proficiency is honestly better.

Really, I can never keep straight whether Proficiency or Advantage is the more powerful racial trait...

So! I still want to get the Bakeneko racial profile sorted out, but I figure I might as well get the others checked over too.

Mujina
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Badger's Toughness: A mujina is Resistant to Poison damage, and has Advantage on Constitution saves vs. Disease.
Undying Stubbornness: Once per long rest, when a mujina is reduced to zero hit points by an attack, it can instead only be reduced to hitpoints equal to one or its Constitution modifier, whichever is higher.
Tunneller: A mujina has a Burrow speed of 20 feet.
Hengeyokai: Badger.
>>
>>53523709
I think you can up the Climb speed to 30 and it'll be fine, if a tad weaker than Wood Elf.

>>53523823
It's racial stuff mang, elfs get advantage against charm, dwarfs against poison, halflings against fear, let agile monkeys have advantage in acrobatics
>>
>>53523823
>Bards have never been a performance-exclusive class.
But in the context of 5e, there is an undeniable association between magic music/performance arts and the class, at least how it's presented in the PHB.

>>53523877
>I might work on something like that, actually
If you do, we should compare when we're done. I've been throwing ideas down on paper for a while now, trying to come up with thematic archetype abilities.
>>
>>53523994
>All gays must be hung
:^)
It's "hanged" you buffoon
>>
>>53524126
He he's clearly talking about their dick size anon :^)
>>
Running OOTA soon. Any good music recommendations for the Underdark?
>>
>>53523994
>>53524126
No no, he's just saying you need a big dick to be gay.
>>
>>53524032
Advantage is better than proficiency for 2 reasons
1. It's an average of +5, which is better than proficiency for most levels
2. The character can still get proficiency
Which is why there's essentially no such thing as "advantage on a skill in all situations," and proficiency is overwhelmingly preferred by official design as a racial feature.

>>53524051
Advantage applies to a roll in a particular situation (charm, poison, fear, etc.), never to a roll regardless of circumstance.
>>
>>53524156
https://youtu.be/U0YrG4pI004
>>
>>53524091
I'd say the chef identity needs to focus on out-of-combat buffs ("during a [short/long] rest, if you cook for someone they get [temp hp/advantage against [something]/[type] resistance]"). Cooking can't really be done in the heat of battle (pun intended).
I definitely would NOT make recipe lists based on monsters. That's not very 5e.
>>
>>53524169
Just because he's straight and has a tiny dick doesn't mean all gays have big dicks. In fact, it's fortunate that this isn't the case, because butts are tighter and less lubricated than vaginas.

>>53524216
Maybe fire resistance, axe proficiency, advantage against poison
>>
File: 1492812005002.jpg (76KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
1492812005002.jpg
76KB, 600x506px
>casting a spell is such a delicate and precise process that wearing armor that's a little too restrictive leaves you completely unable to cast
>being grappled by a fighter doesn't affect spellcasting at all
Have you added ways for martials to shut down casters in your games? Mage Slayer doesn't actually do anything to prevent them from casting and disarming them of their staff doesn't do a lot considering the ol'
>i have 10 more arcane foci hidden across my body
>>
>>53524327
>Have you added ways for martials to shut down casters in your games?
No, because D&D isn't a PVP game.
>>
>>53524357
>There are no enemies that are spell casters

2/10 you tried
>>
>>53524357
Speaking of PvP, if two players were to hypothetically fight each other, would it be a better idea to stat them as monsters and use that stat block instead of their usual sheet?
>>
>>53524424
No? Why even go to that trouble?
>>
>>53524032
I think this one's perfect.

>>53523572
>cat
+2 DEX, +1 INT maybe

>They can eat things that are much bigger than they are, and even poisonous things
Poison resistance, adv vs poison

>they often bring down great curses
Bestow Curse 1/lr when you get to 5th, it's pretty powerful, wouldn't leave space for much more stuff
>and misfortune
Disadvantage on enemy roll 1/sr for the misfortune part

>They can summon ghostly fireballs
How big are the fireballs? Do they actually hurt people or is it just for show? Dancing Lights could fit if it's small and harmless

>tails acting like torches on any flammable materials in the house
Produce Flame?

>ability to reanimate fresh corpses
Animate Dead would fit but it's very strong as well

Could also put something like Keen Smell, Climb speed and Claw attack to account for their catness
>>
>>53523572
>>53524443
What's wrong with refluffing the tabaxi?
>>
>>53524475
Tabaxi are kender-esque cheetah-people. Bakeneko are calculating, manipulative, magical and deadly.

>>53524443
Really? That's awesome! I was worried about the Mujina.

Hmm... intriguing ideas... how's this look for a 1st draft?

Bakeneko
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity
Hengeyokai: Cat.
Eater of Vile Things: You have Resistance to Poison damage and Advantage on Constitution saving throws against the Poisoned condition.
Cat's Lantern: You can cast the Produce Flame cantrip with this trait. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability score.
Jinx: As an action, you can place a curse on a single enemy that you can see within 30 feet. The targeted creature suffers Disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws until the end of its next turn. Once you have used this trait, you must complete a long rest before you can use it again.
>>
>>53524156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQG7WUdPYvE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9RhZsx0JSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftWRSvRbUV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGyB093QOIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOqIN2w6YEM&index=1&list=PL0YFSLv6Row-DNy2n5_VcjtEHg0Rn4Dbs&t=3s
>>
>>53524599
Once again a refluff takes care of that, plug or swap an ability here or there.

It'd be easier than building from the ground up.
>>
I think for Hengeyokai I like the idea that you have either the human or animal shape, nothing inbetween, and you must sleep in your animal shape.
>>
>>53522877
correct answer
>>
File: 1285535655477.jpg (102KB, 640x485px) Image search: [Google]
1285535655477.jpg
102KB, 640x485px
how does /tg/ make Sorcerers and Wizards actually feel like different classes?
>>
Also asking for music, any tracks I could play at a noble gala?

Preferably stuff I could use in roll20.
>>
>>53524901
By giving one random magical effects if they roll a 1
>>
>>53524156

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN40mvqDZf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z676IOGY7E

For those really dark and spooky sections.
>>
How would you stat a Fidget Spinner weapon?
>>
>>53522256
Kinda depends a lot on the arena
In some cases a kiter could just infinitely kite everyone

but generally you have to give plenty of room
>>
>>53522845
General /5eg/ consensus is refluff >> homebrew
>>
>>53524901
Using the DMG's Spell Points rule for Sorcerers is an interesting way to differentiate them.
>>
>>53524901
By removing sorcerer.
>>
>>53525195
1d4 bludgeoning, only because the enemies would fall on the floor laughing at your autism. If they make a dex save no damage
>>
>>53524901
sorcerers are stupid
wizards are awkard
>>
File: krull.jpg (120KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
krull.jpg
120KB, 628x472px
>>53525310
>he doesn't know
>>
>>53524956
Are we getting into hell noises?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cio4Bx_9A8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUrXNIVJHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7vt4UwQuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtvpTBmBW-M
>>
>>53525351
>He doesn't care

FTFY now fuck off
>>
>>53525351
But that's 1d10 Slashing with Heavy, Reach, and Two Handed.
>>
File: 796-7952-29978.png (62KB, 699x704px) Image search: [Google]
796-7952-29978.png
62KB, 699x704px
>>53525452
>>
So, I know this originated as a Pathfinder race, but it does have Indian roots and, hey, why should they get interesting racial ideas all to themselves?

Vishkanya
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Dexterity
Serpentine Allure: A vishkanya has Advantage on Charisma (Deception) checks.
Toxic Blood: A vishkanya has Resistance to Poison damage. Additionally, by sacrificing a hit dice, a viskanya can smear its blood on a weapon as a free action; this blood wears off after the vishkanya makes an attack, but an enemy struck by the blood-smeared weapon takes additional Poison damage equal to 1d8 + the vishkanya’s Charisma modifier (minimum of +1).
Sweet Poison Kiss: Once per long rest, a vishkanya can cast Charm Person as a 1st level spell on a single creature with a touch. If the Charm effect on this creature is ended, then the creature is Poisoned for a number of rounds equal to the vishkanya’s Charisma modifier (minimum of 1).
>>
>>53519051
Warlocks use their Eldritch Knowledge to cast magic, the depth of which is reflected by the strength of their deal, which his translated through the Charisma stat

Warlocks however used to be INT casters until Wizards changed it in playtest
>>
File: 1493618568887.jpg (343KB, 956x873px) Image search: [Google]
1493618568887.jpg
343KB, 956x873px
>>53525490
>Permanent advantage
Do I need to go on my innane rant about how advantage/disadvantage are situational things and are never, ever in the books used as a 'you have advantage on X' but rather a 'you have advantage on X checks made to this, or while this, or if you activate this ability, or while Xing'?

It's a pet peeve, but just fucking don't. Give deception proficiency instead, or if you really must boost it beyond that give expertise.

I am angry. Angry about very specific unspoken rules of the system.
>>
>>53525490
>Toxic Blood: A vishkanya has Resistance to Poison damage. Additionally, by sacrificing a hit dice, a viskanya can smear its blood on a weapon as a free action; this blood wears off after the vishkanya makes an attack, but an enemy struck by the blood-smeared weapon takes additional Poison damage equal to 1d8 + the vishkanya’s Charisma modifier (minimum of +1).
Sweet Poison Kiss: Once per long rest, a vishkanya can cast Charm Person as a 1st level spell on a single creature with a touch. If the Charm effect on this creature is ended, then the creature is Poisoned for a number of rounds equal to the vishkanya’s Charisma modifier (minimum of 1).

How about no
>>
Does anyone have a collection of tokens to kit out rooms in roll20? If so could you be kind enough to upload it?
>>
I Just bought Storm King' s Thunder, what can I expect?
>>
>>53519380
Don't fuck with the economy, it barely works as it is.
>>
>>53525623
Giants and shit
>>
>>53524901

As >>53525252 says, but also: Add the loremaster's metamagic options. Add spells based on their archetype.
>>
Have a problem.

First time DMing

I have 2 players who just no showed. one is known to cancel last second and no show. Had a half session 2 days before since we had a half session on normal day, no show.

Have no replacement players. Should I just cancel everything?
>>
>>53525623
>just bought storm king's thunder

Wait people actually buy the modules when they're all on the treasure trove?

Either way, I'd recommend skipping the first 5 levels, as does the book. Nothing particularly interesting happens and they don't provide any particularly engaging plothooks for the characters.
>>
>>53525490
Yeah no, why don't you just play a fucking yuan-ti, friend.
>>
>>53525593
Don't worry anon, it's not inane.
>>
>>53525670
Most likely because most tables ban them, as if this would be any better.
>>
>>53525666
How many players are you left with? IMO as long as you have 3-4 players you can run anything.

Fucking drop the guy who likes to cancel last second though. You spend DAYS preparing shit as a DM, fuck anyone who can't even bother to give you a heads up.
>>
>>53525699
I only have 4 players.
>>
>>53520557
I once did Hannibal lecter

It's basically Rogue 1,Long Death Monk X, Gourmand Feat.

Enjoy making an entire class rendered useless by Goodberries though
>>
>>53525711
You have 4 players including the two who didn't show or 4 players left over after the two didn't show?

If it's the latter you're good to play. Tell them you'd like to keep playing regardless if the other two show up, but also make sure to ask them if they're okay with it.

If you meant the former, you're SOL.
>>
>>53520726
When you are a rogue, you get Evasion, letting your Dex Saves yield no damage.

Therefore, asking if you should take the Dex save proficiency seems rather... Obvious
>>
Is it worth putting a level in Barbarian if I'm a Fighter? Rage seems pretty powerful. I already have the extra attack
>>
>>53518536
How do you normally determine what to give a new character for gear, coming in to say, an 11th level campaign?

Be it for a someone joining after the campaign has started, someone replacing a dead character, or a campaign starting at a level above 1?
>>
File: 1494918668915.png (1MB, 1678x702px) Image search: [Google]
1494918668915.png
1MB, 1678x702px
>>53525867
This is what I use
>>
>>53525896
You're not at all concerned about that not lining up with what the rest of the players have?
>>
>ok you killed it how do you wanna do this
>I KICK IT IN THE BALLS AND DECAPITATE IT AND RIP OUT ITS HEART WHILE BIFURCATING IT FROM THE GROIN UP XD

can we just kill things normally pls thx
>>
>>53525920
Depends on the setting I'm running, more often than not it works out if not it's easier to tweak than figure it out from scratch.
>>
>>53525954
>player tortures a kobold to death because it pissed on his foot
These niggas should all calm down
>>
>>53525195
Delete this
>>
>>53526029
How's a nigga suppose to calm down when a nasty ass lizard just pissed on his Jordans?
>>
>>53523223
desu swim speed =/= no disadvantage on attacks underwater, alter self probably wouldn't have helped you
>>
>>53526154
Maybe by getting a job and an education.
>>
>>53526029
At least he didn't start jacking off because kobolds and piss is what gets his rocks off.
>>
>>53526388
Sheeeeeiiiit. Ain't nobody got time for that. Need mo gold fo' dem magic items!
>>
>>53525836
Accounting that you can't use it while wearing Heavy Armor, what you'd want is 2 for Reckless Attack and 3 for Bear Totem.

But this delays your 11th Fighter level quite a bit.

Honestly, unless you're a Champion (why????) with 14 DEX you should just stick with Fighter until 11 then look at what you want to do.
>>
>>53526388
>implying pest control isn't a decent career
Why you gotta be tryina hold tyrone down when he's working double shifts at Kobold Genocide LLC?
>>
File: 1486436399017.jpg (15KB, 192x286px) Image search: [Google]
1486436399017.jpg
15KB, 192x286px
>>53525954
>DM asks me how I want to do a finisher
>My character isn't the flashy type so I like to keep it quick and efficient
>"I want to do a quick double slash, across his pelvis then up to his throat"
>DM goes "okay so you knock his weapon out of his hands and send it twirling across the battlefield, then you bash him in the face with your shield, and while he's stunned you slash him across the pelvis, spinning into a pirouette and slashing his throat open when you face him again"
>>
>>53526453
Ah, I didn't even catch that I can't wear heavy armor with that
>>
>>53524599
Jinx is decent for when you're against the boss and people in the party are about to drop their big guns.
I think it's balanced.
>>
Building a 9th level high elf valor bard. Focused on archery. Which spells should I take? What should I change on my list below?

>Cantrips: friends, mage hand, message, prestidigitation, vicious mockery
>1st level: dissonant whispers, faerie fire, healing word
>2nd level: enhance ability, invisibility, silence, suggestion
>3rd level: hypnotic pattern, tongues
>4th level: compulsion, dimension door
>5th level: hold monster
>>
>>53525593
Mystics kinda killed it thanks to the prevalence of advantage to skills via psionic focus, which are essentially permanent and changeable at will. Honestly should have been a flat but weak bonus, like +1, maybe scaling up to +2/+3 much later.
>>
Oh boy, it's 6 am and I can't sleep.
Might as well make some plans for the next session.
>>
>>53524599
>Jinx
Instead, what about "You can cast Bane once per day. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for the spell."
>>
>>53526920
Don't pick much stuff that uses your Bonus Actions, because at 10th level you're gonna get Swift Quiver from the Ranger spell list.
After that, who the fuck cares, you're dishing out 4 attacks per turn.
>>
How do you make a solid Feylock Tomepact Elf bastard at level 10?

I'm curious at what invocations and spells you lot would take.
>>
>>53526920
I find Enhance Ability to be fairly terrible, and Invisibility and Hold Person to be quite good, but it depends on the style of campaign/dm.

Likewise, i've found Freedom of Movement to more than pull its weight any time i even think i MIGHT want it.

Mass Cure Wounds, Greater Restoration, and Raise Dead all have their obvious uses and the latter two should 100% be gotten by SOMEONE as soon as possible, if not you specifically.
>>
>>53527116
>do
meant "would"
>>
>>53527116
You make him a Half-Elf desu senpai.
But seriously, just take obligatory Agonizing Blast, Repelling Blast, maybe the one from the UA that slows people
Pact of the Tome + Book of Ancient Secrets
Devil's Sight + Darkness meme
Mire the Mind is nice
Eldritch Sight can be useful if you don't have a wizard
Mask of Many Faces if you're doing infiltration stuff
Sculptor of Flesh is pretty good as well
You gotta take a look at your party and fill the invocations with stuff that fill the utility gaps
For spells, obligatory Hex and then utility spells, preferably scaling ones.
>>
>>53527116
Ago Blast, BoAS, devil sight, sculptor of flesh are must-have picks for any tomelock.
Optimal warlock spells are the ones that scale with slot levels (i.e. avoid picking spells like suggestion, faerie fire).
I'd go with hold person/monster, invisibility, dominate person/monster, greater invisibility.
>>
>>53525623
Listen to >>53525667, the first adventure is just a boring grind to five. Either run something else (Phandelver or the first two adventures in Tales from the Yawning Portal, for example) or just start the party at 5.
Also, several people in the past few threads have brought up that the encounters with the giant lords, as written, are way too hard to fight your way through. Make it very clear to your players that they need to approach these missions cleverly.
>>
How broken would it be to allow TWF for free (no bonus action required)?
I hate how it ends up competing with other features and makes the whole thing pointless.

Would it be more broken to work with extra attack too?
>>
File: 1454324938621.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1454324938621.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>WTC take the trouble to design an entire area and chapter for the Maelstrom in STK
>Chapter just has you pop in to chat to the storm queen then leave
>No way players will explore any of it unless they decide to go murderhobo their potential allies
>>
>>53528481
You'd want to grant something to Versatile weapons, because they'd be pointless, and it would make Rogues a bit too consistent as is, so you may need to rework something, but i really can't think of much else. Might push dual wield barbs a bit?
>>
An upcoming enemy of the party is a Vampire that is an alchemist. She has been experimenting on people for a few decades trying to restore the beauty she lost during the attack that caused her transformation in the first place.

Any suggestions on some stuff to add to the encounter to make it interesting?
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.22.32).png (78KB, 171x178px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.22.32).png
78KB, 171x178px
What's your favorite low-level monster race?
>>
>>53528684
Bugbear.
>>
>>53528684
Cirnos.
>>
I wanted basic firearms in my setting but I didn't like the firearms in the DMG. I'd like some feedback on my revisions.

Gunpowder Horn (12 gp) [2 lb.]
>A wood and copper flask designed for storing and dispensing gunpowder. It holds one pint, which is enough for 100 gunshots.

Gunpowder Keg (700 gp) [100 lb.]
>A hefty pony keg of gunpowder. It holds 60 pints of gunpowder, which is enough for 6,000 gunshots. If set on fire, all creatures within 15 ft. must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, and take 39 (6d12) fire damage on a failed save or half as much on a successful one.

Ball Bomb (25 gp) [1 lb.]
>As an action, this bomb can be lit and thrown (30/60). All creatures within 5 ft. of where it lands must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 14 (4d6) fire damage on a failed save and half as much on a successful one.

Pistol [100 GP]
>5 (1d10) piercing damage. Ammunition (range 25/100). Loading.
>Requires 1 bullet and 1 dose of gunpowder to fire.

Musket [170 GP]
>6 (1d12) piercing damage. Ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed.
>Requires 1 bullet and 1 dose of gunpowder to fire.
>>
File: gaff.png (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
gaff.png
4KB, 275x183px
I want to make a half orc barbarian pirate with a gaff as a weapon. What might the stats for a gaff be?
d6 piercing. but what would the special properties if any be?
>>
>>53528947
Talk to your DM and find out
>>
>>53528957
no dm at the moment. and no group yet either. I'm just creating things to keep myself sharp. Thanks though.
>>
>>53528538
Being fair, I can expect rogues going TWF, it's still just an extra 1d6 for the entire game, 1d8 and +1 AC with a feat, unless I'm missing something.

It just becomes viable late game as it doesn't conflicts with the bonus actions that start appearing (cunning action, frenzy, etc)

Stacking with extra attack would give 4 attacks, potentially 4d6, which can be worse than 2 greatsword attacks, specially that you'd need to hit all attacks.
Fighter would greatly benefit, but I don't see why that should be a bad thing.

As for versatile weapons, maybe making damage a better die (Quarterstaff 1d8 to 2d4 or 1d10, battleaxe/longsword 1d10 to 1d12 or 2d6) should do it? More reliable damage output versus light TWF, still behind GWM as you trade off the feat and shield bonus.
>>
>>53529014
Well if that's the case I'd lean towards a d6 or d8, two handed property. Might allow once a turn to knock someone prone as part of the attack verses a Str/Dex save.
>>
>>53528554
An acid pit?
Vials that she and/or the party can throw around or break for random effects.
Some kind of monstrosity or aberration created by her experiments, like a Flesh Golem or a Spawn of Kyuss. Half-human monsters, like minotaurs, lamias or harpies could work too.

>>53528947
I believe there's a hooked spear in OotA that might be similar to what you want.
>>
File: Hooked Shortspear.png (103KB, 307x165px) Image search: [Google]
Hooked Shortspear.png
103KB, 307x165px
>>53528947
>>53529238
>>
>>53528554
Get the net libram of magical effects and adapt the effects into some vials your players can drink/throw for shenanigans.
>>
>>53529539
New thread.
>>
File: 1453042282402.jpg (390KB, 1759x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1453042282402.jpg
390KB, 1759x2500px
Hey, all.

Gonna DM for a group here, soon, 3 new players, 1 person familiar with PF, and someone else, like, ok at 5e? They've played before, but it's all been homemade stuff, so who knows what their actual understanding is.

I was curious what a good module to run would be, and what setting to go for. Forgotten Realms feels pretty pushed, so I'll probably go for that. So far it looks like a Paladin, Warlock, Rogue, Bard, and something else. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
>>
>>53519380
What ever you choose stick with it. Our DM recently flipped from Gold/Silver/Copper to only gold mid campaign and It pretty much boned us on the expedition we have to finance. We did not save enough gold. He also went from no care about food/water/supplies to needing basics to live. That was also sprung on us at the start of the expedition. Also the fact that we had to finance the expedition was a surprise until we were already out of town with the dukes men/wagons.

The DM is usually the best I've ever had but these were weird oversights that I feel like he meant to tell us but it slipped his mind.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.