[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 433
Thread images: 90

File: gwen.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gwen.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
"This time for sure" edition

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
What general do you run that gets the most hate and why?
>>
>>53512106
>Thread Question
Sunforger, because it's the best the colors have to offer.
>>
How would the interaction between Halls of Mist and Karona, False God play out?
>>
File: en_PpHQrOfn71.png (170KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_PpHQrOfn71.png
170KB, 265x370px
>>53512106
>What general do you run that gets the most hate and why?
Kambal, because I play him, but I don't play him oppressively enough that other players cannot keep casting spells.
It always results in them losing half their life and me ending up with 80+ while I do absolutely nothing, and then it starts being an Archenemy game which I cannot deal with.
>>
>>53512150
Assuming she never becomes a new object (dies/exiles/bounces) and she attacks each turn when able (for simplicity) on the first rotation on the table, everyone may attack with her, during the second round of rotation, no one can attack with her.
>>
>>53512228
Cool, that's what I thought. Thanks!
>>
>>53512106
Def the EDH General
>>
File: 235.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Did yall know that Vorosh the hunter can close out games quickly?
>>
>>53512155
>Guys, I'm just sitting over here doing what my deck is supposed to do. I'm not even good at it. Like, why can't I hold all these triggered abilities? Why are you all looking at me?

This is the first time I've read this type of complaint and been entertained enough to agree with your take on your position. You do you, Kembal. Keep on keepin' on.
>>

Brago stax. I never wanted to, but my meta got super competative and I wanted to actually have fun with them again, so begrudgingly joined the arms race.
>>
>>53512265
>6 mana
>On-Combat-Damage trigger and no trample
>3-hit clock as commander against the first victim, same as something with native power 7.

Anon, there are better voltrons. Maybe not in Sultai, because you can count all Sultai commanders fairly trivially, but he needs a good deal of support that would be better thrown at something like Skullbriar or, you know, anybody who holds swords well. Look for native double strike, maybe white in the color identity. A lower cost would be nice as would haste and/or trample, though they're not strictly necessary. Vorosh is the commander you take if you want to play Sultai Goodstuff and Damia or Tasigur would get too much hate.
>>
>>53512393
>Skullbriar
yeah thats a better version of this deck but its pretty similar - the counter spells
first attack goes for 6
second goes for 12
third goes for 18 -first player killed
4th goes for 24
5th for 24 - second player killed
6th goes for 24 -3rd player killed

average kill turn for voltron being 12 with the only turn you need to tap out for is turn 6
actually looking at this now it doenst seem fast at all, I have no idea how this works against tuned decks but it did last night.

I only run 3 equipment in the deck, Including results for O-Naginata, swifties and darksteel plate
>>
File: Blind Seer.jpg (127KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Seer.jpg
127KB, 464x664px
>>53512106

Mostly because people don't want to put up with my shit, I did try to design it on fucking over one person while keeping others in check.
>>
File: 1494201434839.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
1494201434839.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>53512265
That's a strange way to spell Atarka, World Render
>>
File: 1491247795083.gif (55KB, 700x921px) Image search: [Google]
1491247795083.gif
55KB, 700x921px
>>53512609
sexy!
>>
File: roon.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53512106
The minute a stax piece comes out it feels like there's a bunch of laser sights on my forehead. Doesn't matter if I'm the only reason the combo player hasn't exploded off and killed everyone yet, they'll all send their Humility'd 1/1s at me nonstop

I also run Kaalia, who tends to attract countermagic like a lightning rod
>>
>>53512876
have you considered they don't enjoy playing with you?
>>
>>53512910
>have you considered they don't enjoy playing with you?
people dont really get this butthurt over precon commanders right?
>>
>>53512992
No, not your deck, you personally.
>>
So fellas, I got this new bro who never played Commander before. I got him to be hyped for it, but here's the problem: He doesn't buy singles. he buys boxes to drafts, and that's cool, but he's coming over tomorrow night to play some gaems and he told me he built his deck out of cards he has lying around.

I did the same, but I'm afraid the cards I have laying around might be a bit pushed, since I've been playing for longer then him.
>>
>>53513018
not him
but that sounds like the other players are incredibly immature
>>
>>53513043
Tell him to man up and buy singles. Unless he buys boxes of Conspiracy 1+2, he is a blight upon the hobby.
>>
File: Image (7).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Cant for the life of me build this deck in any way that actually takes advantage of him as a commander
is there any reason to use him over geth or really any mono black commander?
>>
>>53513088
Yea, I plan on easing him into buying singles, but you don't fucking come right out of the gates with ''c'mon cuck, buy singles you waste of skin''
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53512106
>Playing a Kaalia deck yesterday against someone that's never done EDH before
>Get Kaalia out turn five, opponent still has no creatures.
>Destroy all lands the following turn, win the game three turns later with big angels.
>Guy doesn't want to play again

It was my first time running that deck so it was awesome to see but I feel bad that I crushed him in eight turns and may have ruined the format for him.
>>
>>53513108
>''c'mon cuck, buy singles you waste of skin''
almost word for word what my playgroup told me
it helped
>>
>>53513114
>Guy doesn't want to play again
thats understandable
you really shouldnt have played kaalia vs him in the first place
>>
>>53512910
I really don't care.

>>53513018
I have low-power pet decks that I use for casual games and nobody has any issues. They also don't have any issues until they see the stax strategy come together, so I really doubt that it's just me they have an issue with. Shitters just get angry when their game of solitaire gets interrupted and they target whoever's interrupting them. On the other hand, good/more experienced players usually leave the stax pieces alone until they have a window to push ahead or go for the win. It all comes down to timing and threat assessment, which a lot of less skilled/experienced players just don't have.
>>
>>53513104
Pretty sure you can use his ability to double up on kill spells, so you can try making it more kill control.
>>
>>53513143
Is she that OP? I knew her ability seemed amazing but I just thought having an Angel/Dragon deck would be awesome. I hadn't done any research into tiers or anything like that.
>>
>>53513269
>Is she that OP?
against someone who doenst know how to play?
yes
>>
>>53513269
shes very strong, but people have no evolved since the first pre-cons. People are aware of Kaalia and that she needs to die immediately. Same with Rafiq, which is why you don't see them that much anymore
>>
>>53513301
>>53513318
Fair enough if I can talk him into playing again I'll use my other deck.
>>
>>53512106
Brago, followed closely by Ghave.

Why? Well, Brago is obvious. It's filled with counterspells, bounce, wraths, and a bunch of no-fun-allowed things. After my lgs saw me flicker exclusion ritual and phyrexian ingester with dampening matrix and linvala out, Brago has never been allowed to hit the field.

Ghave is much more degenerate, but for some reason, draws a lot less hate among "casual" players. Any experienced player ever sees ghave, they immediately focus all the hate imaginable at me, but I guess until you see him combo off five to ten times, you don't know.
>>
>>53513269
She isn't OP but she can kill a single player very quickly. It's not uncommon for Kaalia to kill someone on turn 3/4. She hates out a single player early (you want to do it to whoever has the best chance of stopping you from winning, usually the blue player), so she isn't really the best opponent for introducing someone to the game since they're just gonna get slammed by something way above their paygrade that's targeted straight at them
>>
>>53513269
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>53512609
With a haste enabler and a damage double effect, you can one shot people very easily. Dragons build is really good.
>>
>>53513353
Best girl.
>>
>>53513269
Yes. Anyone who reads Kaalia knows some degenerate bullshit is going to happen, and using it on a new player is pretty awful, particularly with MLD. It'd be exactly the same as dropping Mana Crypt t1 and comboing off t3 with some degenerate nonsense.
>>
>>53513383
>Turn1 land
>Turn2 land, ramp
>Turn3 land, ramp
>Turn4 land, fires of yavimaya, dictate of the twin gods
>Turn5 land, atarka, kill a player if he blocks sac fires to get through if the blocker has 7 toughness or less
>>
>>53513520
Correction: the blocker has to have 11 toughness or more to prevent the player losing
>>
Anyone have a Zurgo Helmsmasher voltron list they had fun with? Something with a lot of equipment and auras
>>
>>53512876
>when I play something that ruins everyone's game plan, they focus me
why are you surprised?
>>
>>53513616
why have equipment and auras when you can just have more MLD and wraths?
>>53513653
clearly the plans wasnt ruined enough if they can still retaliate
>>
>>53513269

You're gonna blow up all a new player's lands, and then act surprised that this could be considered poor manners? C'mon, man. You really just made a newbie sit there with literally no options while you beat him to death for three turns?
>>
>>53513725
I wasn't expecting him to have drawn that poorly. He just pulled a deck list off the internet same as me. I'm calling him a noob but really I've only played EDH twice, and never with that deck before.
>>
>>53513749
>I wasn't expecting him to have drawn that poorly.
did he even know what his deck does?
>>
>>53513690
ruined doesn't necessarily mean they lost
"your creatures don't work" is about as big of a hate card there is, you must have brain problems if you can't realize why people want it gone
>>
>>53513616
Zurgo only needs one equipment: Worldslayer.

I mean, a Whispersilk Cloak or other source of unblockable can help get him the first connect, I guess.
>>
>>53513772
>ruined doesn't necessarily mean they lost
yeah but it also implies they cant kill you in retaliation
because if they can then you really need to get the lock in harder to prevent it
>>
>>53513749

I'm not saying you're a dick for beating him, just, blowing up all his lands? Really? That's basically guaranteed to cause some feels-bad moments.
>>
>>53513823
jesus fuck, there's no saving you
>>
>>53513761
I believe it was get land fast and play big red/green guys. I don't remember the name of his commander, one of the legendary enchantments that can be creatures.
>>
>>53513088
>blight upon the hobby.

So someone who buys the boxes the company produces, allowing them to gain the money to produce more cards is a blight compared to someone buying secondhand, thus not supporting the game?
>>
>>53513823
>About to go ape with some horrible, creature-based combo
>Yes! Baral tapped out! Now I just have to get through Roon's turn...
>Humility
>Blast! My schemes are ruined! I must kick Roon to death with 1/1s for his temerity!

Checks out to me.
>>
>>53513914
Mostly I just really like Conspiracy.
>>
>>53513867
>jesus fuck, there's no saving you

>ill tap 2 and play thalia
>OMG U SAKC o SHIT I KILL !!!!
yeah maybe at that point you should think about investing in a winter orb
theres no fixing people who cant deal with being interacted with
>>
>>53513914
>shilling for (((Wizards))) this hard
>>
>>53513914
why would you go out of your way to get less bang for your buck from a company that has likely swindled you out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars already
>>
>>53514004
Stax is the antithesis of interaction, honey pie.
>>
>>53513269
She's pretty fucking good. Play the best angels, demons, and dragons the format has to offer for free. Bring in Iona or Master of Cruelties and it's basically GG. Competent players know not to let her resolve or live to swing.
>>
File: 1493079039118.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
1493079039118.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>53514089
A honey pie would be a horrible sticky mess.
>>
>>53514004
>Thalia, a mild inconvenience, is equivalent to Humility, a hard counter
Alrighty then
>>
I'm brewing a UR artificer deck with Jhiora at the helm. Any spicy tech I should be aware of?
>>
>>53513104
>double kill spells
>double black instants if you have non-spell ways to kill enemy creatures
He is incomparable to Geth. They just do completely different things.
You going to say all black commanders are the same? Know Maralen? Know Balthor? Know Marrow-Gnawer?

Toshiro is really unique in what he does, he basically has a red effect. There's really no replacement for him in the kind of a deck that uses him.

Make sure to have lots of your own creatures and grave pact/butcher of malakir as well.
>>
>>53514089
Stax literally forces the opponent to interact with it if they want any chance of winning. Combo is the antithesis of interaction.
>>
>>53514089
>Stax is the antithesis of interaction
how is preventing something from happening not interaction?
im not doing it because its GOOD for me im doing it because its WORSE for you
>>
>>53514150
he did mention, if you recall, that it happened whenever he dropped any tax piece not just humility
>>
>>53513104
I like Drana as a monoblack commander. The XBB effect kills indestructible creatures for very little mana, AND pumps Drana so you can easily hit people with your giant flying beater.

Monoblack is difficult to build. Goodstuff decks all become Exanguinate.dek, which are accomplished much easier in a two colour deck, otherwise you have to build specifically around your commander, which isn't always fantastic if you don't have a firm strategy.

Geth and Toshiro are completely different. Geth is really a powerful general for big black mana because he can deck someone instantly, while reanimating things with utility. Toshiro lets you turn a removal spell into two, then into three if you run Reaper from the Abyss, or engage in some kind of crazed combo/degenerate play. Recurring Rite of Consumption could be pretty cool, particularly with a giant fatty and dirty Mike.
>>
>>53514162
Super secret tech: Blightsteel Colossus
>>
>>53514434
I'm of the opinion that Blightsteel fits into almost every single commander deck ever created.
>>
>>53514412
To be fair people that run creature based decks (the only kind of decks you can really "trust" in the first place) have to beat humility or lose. If I don't have removal for humility in hand, I'm going to try to murder the guy with it in his deck, because once he top decks it I don't have many options left.

I don't see how this is an improper strategy, and if humility guy can't see that he is fucking retarded.
>>
>>53514434
Pretty secret tech no doubt
>>
>>53514297
reverse Stax and Combo in that sentence and see how retarded this argument is
>>
>meet a fellow Kruphix player at a tourney side event
>pour through his deck list while he checks out mine
>deck is full of eldrazi and other less respectable fatties, no filtering or draw, curve starts at three
>meanwhile he's passing nothing but card draw and tutors through his fingers, all devoted to getting deadeye+palinchron
>hand each others decks back with a simultaneous "looks good"
>>
>>53514516
getting killed by 1/1s is pretty hard anon
>>
>>53514547
>"looks good"
why would you lie to him?
>>
>>53514588
That's the difference between being a bitch and being a cunt.
>>
>>53514588
I didn't have the time or energy to unfuck his shit.
>>
>>53514606
is there really no other option?
>>
File: Untitled.png (450KB, 443x545px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
450KB, 443x545px
>>53514621
>hey man you should look into some ramp and card filtering
yeah I know what you mean i really dont have time for plebs either
>>
>>53514627
see
>>53514621
>>53514640
>>
>>53514575
...Yes?
That is why I posted what that.
>>
>>53514575
It's an OP 21 turn clock, Lifegain decks can't do anything to stop it!
>>
>>53514666
i really dont get the big deal then
>>
>>53514547
I know we're shitting on the other guy, but why Deadeye and Palinchron for a Kruphix deck? You sill need 7 lands or a mana double plus an outlet. That combo is much better suited for something like Tasigur or Thrasios
>>
>>53514702
Nvm I'm retarded and was thinking about Palinchron plus Phantasmal Image or something, forgetting that Deadeye is just busted
>>
>>53514702
Speaking of that combo, is it worth the money for a Palinchron or am I fine with just using Peregrine Drake for my infinite land untapping shenanigans?
>>
>>53514702
You may be right. I've since dropped Kruphix in favor of Teferi. The original plan was to power out Kruphix with some efficient ramp, spend a couple rounds floating mana before forcing through tooth and nail into decking my opponents. I wasn't really trying to shit on the other guy. I just thiugh our mutual response was amusing. His deck wasn't good but mine was just another kind of bad.
>>
>>53514760
Palinchron has more ways to combo, but if you're planning on using Deadeye/Displacer then Drake is perfectly acceptable
>>
>>53514547
I mean it's not bad either way but the patrician way to build Kruphix is fill it to the brim with big draw spells, big ramp spells and big creatures. Something like all "draw X" spells, Consecrated Sphinx, Well of Ideas, Howling Mine, Thought Reflection, Dictate of Kruphix, Boundless Realms, Kydele, Seedborn Muse, Zendikar Resurgent, Mana Reflection, Doubling Cube, Animist's Awekening, all the Eldrazi titans, Vorinclex, Jin-Gitaxias, Genesis Wave and Helix Pinnacle as secret wincon
>>
File: waifu.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53512106
My general isn't that important. I play mono B ramp with bunch of tutors, mass reanimation, expensive win cons, two card win cons and some locks, like Lethal Vapors + Pithing Needle, Contamination with token generators and shit like that. My friends fucking hate me now.
>>
>>53514760
Pali is great. You can get by with the drake but Pali is something you can beat down with in a pinch and allows for other combat shenanigans if pressed. It also goes infinite with cards other than deadeye.
>>
>>53514297
>>53514396
>let me just drop this oblivion stone, oh wait stony silence
>i'll just use reclamation sage on humility/torpor orb wait nevermind
>stopping people from interacting somehow promotes interaction

A single stax piece that affects your opponents much more than you is fine, but gunning for hard locks is literally "don't you fucking dare do anything, just sit tight and let me circumvent my own lock in a slow and painfully boring way until I win"
>>
>>53514905
>don't you fucking dare do anything, just sit tight and let me circumvent my own lock in a slow and painfully boring way until I win"
thats fun though
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53514864
I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
>>53512106

Newzuri was my most hated commander, lacked sage of hours but had infect. Also feels good knowing that I play gitrog combo without being seen as a complete faggot in my group. Post em if you got em
>>
>>53515065
are we revving up the sperg memes already?
we havent even hit 100 posts yet
also the amount of moving goalposts in this post are really troubling
>>
>>53514640
>yeah I already have cultivate and explosive vegetation for ramp and concentrate and preators council for draw
If I had a dollar for every schmuck that's brushed off my advice, I could afford lessons on tact.
>>
File: Dragons.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>53515097
literally the only decks I own
>>
File: activatingspringleafdrum.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
activatingspringleafdrum.gif
1MB, 320x180px
I finally did it guys and it feels like I've lost a child. I took out Legion Loyalist for Archetype of Aggression. Goodbye friendly gobo, you will be missed ;_;
>>
>>53515238
what deck and why
>>
File: 6270_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
6270_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>53514864
>Playing Sheoldred

I know what to play against people like you...
>>
>>53515259
R/W Voltron
The unconditional Trample is looking more appealing in the longrun over the FS(Kalemne already has DS)+token evasion. Blightsteel is also moderately common in my group.
>>
>>53514864
>Pithing Needle + Lethal Vapors

You goddamn genius. Gotta get my Needle now.
>>
>>53515065
I won commander night at my Lgs last night by casting jokulhaups followed up with an obliterate 3 turns later
>>
>>53514864
What are your wincons in a monoblack deck?
>>
What's the most /madscience/ deck I can make?
>>
File: ciaiscia.png (986KB, 1272x711px) Image search: [Google]
ciaiscia.png
986KB, 1272x711px
>>53514864
>Contamination
What's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>53515036
See >>53513867
>>
I'm wanting to do a Monogreen deck, generally around the 75% principal for multiplayer games with friends. I cannot find a commander I want to use, nothing jumps out at me as build around enough. Don't want to do Omnath, Yisan, Selvala. Any suggestions for interesting commander ideas for MonoG?
>>
>>53515496
Exsanguinate and exsanguinate.
>>
I want to build lands.dec to combat cyclonic rift spam, fuck you sheldon you retarded cunt why isn't that shit banned yet. Who do I use as commander?
>>
File: Image (23).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (23).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>53515511
Destroying this enchantment
WITH NO MANA
>>
>>53515522
Titania and all of the utility lands you can think of. Sac lands and smack bitches with elementals.
>>
>>53515535
How about not overextending on board?

Or countering it, or exiling it from the graveyard is them recurring it is a problem.
>>
>>53515535
See my post >>53515544
I bring dubs of truth.
>>
>>53515511
>maybe they're wondering why he would make all lands tap for black when he already has swamps
>>
>>53512573
Now I have to make this deck.
It looks like a constant struggle, to keep up with the colors, so at the end of you controlling the rainbow you end up doing nothing, amazing! This is how all EDH decks should be!
>>
Suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-of-the-pillow-fort-1/

My first deck, supposed to be a bit of chaos and fun
>>
>>53515562
>How about not overextending on board?
They're playing UG, they're already overextending the board themselves and it's hard to fight back even without this "6U I win the game" bullcrap.
>Or countering it
Not playing blue atm and they have counterspell backup of their own.
>exiling it from the graveyard
Yeah if I draw my exile bullet, then great. Otherwise I have no chance, plus the damage is already done by then.

>>53515544
>>53515563
I've actually considered Titania myself. Got a list?
>>
>>53515627
You're acting like Cyclonic Rift is this omnipresent threat that all blue players start with four copies of in your hand.

In my magical wonderland all non blue players start with four Red Elemental Blasts and Pyroblasts to counter it.
>>
>>53515627
I sadly don't have one on me now since I took her apart and deleted the list like a dumbass. I'll see if I can remember what I had in it and upload it to tappedout if you're still here later.
>>
>>53512550
You missed the part where Vorosh gets shot and you have to start over.
>>
File: 1446936183875.jpg (14KB, 353x397px) Image search: [Google]
1446936183875.jpg
14KB, 353x397px
>>53515675
>play kruphix
>cyclonic rift is my only board wipe (sue me)
>literally using blue sun's zenith for 30 to find cyclonic rift
>miss
>get killed
>it was the next card
>>
>>53515695
Never look at the next card. It's just not worth it.
>>
>>53515675
while i understand your argument, it's flawed. You're trying to equate the threat level of rift, which negatively impacts all opponents, to REB/Pyro, which only hits blue players.
>>
>>53515692
plz dont hurt the big green dragon
>>
>>53515743
playing cards that hit only specific colors is a viable choice if you are having troubles against that color.
>>
File: merchant_scroll.jpg (25KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
merchant_scroll.jpg
25KB, 210x300px
>>53515675
Well blue is the color able to tutor it, or draw it with it's billion card advantage spells.
>Red Elemental Blasts and Pyroblasts
Only available in red.
>>53515682
Worst case, I'll look into the archives.
Or perhaps I could post the list I threw together and you could give some advice on it?
>>
>>53515727
I always look. I take winning and losing about the same. I just like playing. But I look to see if I was doing the right thing. Like, my playgroup allows 1-2 (depending on the amount of alcohol consumed) take-back steps every game. I never take them. Like, it doesn't make me better than anybody or anything. But, I like to see my mistakes, and hopefully get burned by them. The idea is, if it burns me bad enough, I won't do it again.
>>
>>53515765
true, but Rift >>> REB/PB
One can redefine the entire boardstate, the other is a counter/killspell
>>
>>53515514
>theres no saving you from games of
creature creature artifact board wipe
artifact creature enchantment board wipe
enchantment creature creature board wipe

jesus christ
how horrifying
>>
File: 123975_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
123975_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Who is a good partner for Bruse Tarl?
>>
File: 160.gif (360KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
160.gif
360KB, 301x301px
>yfw at this point you'll take damaged/heavily played versions of duals just to finish your deck
>>
>>53515828
Akiri
>>
File: 33.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53515828
>>53515828
>>53515828
>>
>>53515840
>duals
Let's play "spot the tryhard". I win.
>>
>>53515771
>Not playing both red and blue so you can overload your rift and then Pyro blast it to prove a point

Anon...
>>
>>53515855
Get over yourself.
>>
>>53515840
Just get chinese proxies instead. It's casual, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>53515840
>paying more than damaged prices for cardboard that you play with
every card I own I bought at 1/3 cost because they all look like I put them through the wash
>>
>>53515618
You should probably wait to spend $500 on a deck until you know how to build decks
>>
>>53515891
I haven't been able to find any
>>
File: 218.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
How many islands do I need to play this fuck boi
>>
>>53515854
>ishai
I am still confused as to why the fuck this is a 4 drop.

Compare it to the monk who just got spoiled
>>
>>53515828
Thrasios of course.

Barring that Akri has the best power potential I guess? Ishai is also good but has to start over if he takes a hit. But Akri limits you to Boros which sucks. Ikra, Silas, and Tana have damage triggers so there's good synergy there. Of the three I'd say Ikra or Silas since Tana's not very good unless you're pumping her, have black, or both. Ikra's ability goes with everything but has a weaker payoff while you might not need the double from Silas but a single is much more worthwhile.
>>
>>53515097
Fuck you you piece of shit, that took 5 whole minutes in PDN.
>>
>>53515934
probably because it flies?
>>
>>53515855
"try hard" or "good Mana acceleration"
>>
>>53515828
Tana or Reyhan, Ishai can work but he's just generally trash
>>
>>53515878
IT'S CALLED BUILTING STORM COUNT
NOW WATCH ME REMAND BLAST, BLAST A LAND INTO SNAPCAST REMAND BLAST INTO SNAP SNAPCASTER INTO SNAPCAST SNAP INTO SNAPCAST BRAINSTORM INTO BLAST BRAISNTORM INTO GRAPE SHOT FOR 200
>>
>>53515771
then you also know they have Cyclonic Rift in hand.

Green also has a LOT of answers to blue.
Black has more tutors than blue by a long shot, they can get their silver bullet answers.

Cyclonic Rift is one of the strongest blue cards available, but it's not something that you can't play around and mitigate the effects of, it's not undefeatable.

For green I'd really recommend stuff like Seed Time and City of Solitude.

White also has multiple effects like this.
>>
>>53515508
Melek Epic Experiment
>>
>>53515930
monoU, honestly
conversely enought to match your opponents' commanders' power
>>
>>53515972
The word you're looking for is mana fixing, and there are about a hundred ways to do it in a cheaper way than throwing out $40 on a piece of cardboard just to have a 0.001% higher advantage of winning at the casual table.
>>
>>53515522
Yeva.
>>
>>53515930
A number less than or equal to the power of target creature.
>>
>>53515991
Melek: How many times can I cast Mind's desire this turn.deck
>>
>>53515855
It's not his fault his meta is different than yours is.
>>
>>53516014
>less than
>>
File: plague_wind.jpg (30KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
plague_wind.jpg
30KB, 210x300px
>>53515978
>then you also know they have Cyclonic Rift in hand.
Because that helps. They'll just dangle it around until my stuff starts getting scary and then slam it around and alpha strike me with the board they built up without a sweat in the meantime. I mean there's a reason why one-sided boardwipes used to only affect a single permanent type.
>>
>>53515855
>spot the poorfag
>>
>>53515110
Melek II: Temporal Fissure+Windfall Boogaloo
>>
>>53516035
Don't ever talk to me or my wife's posts again.
>>
>>53516029
I don't want to imagine a meta cancerous enough that a ABUR dual or two would make a significant difference. Might as well just play Legacy at that point since that's what that kind of person seems to want.
>>
>>53516050
if one player is sitting with a cyclonic rift in hand and everyone knows it, you just start focusing your chip damage on him and force him to react.

If the other players just attack him with their 2/2s and 3/3s over a few turns he will be forced to pull the trigger.

Same happens when a player drops Oblivion Stone or Pernicious Deed
>>
>>53516061
>Boogaloo
this was never funny
>>
>>53516096
I guess my only other response to you is that I do want to own a set of the lands (it's on my bucket list), but I'm not sure why I need to validate my purchases or decks to a complete stranger on the internet. I guess I shouldn't have tried to join the conversation about one of my favorite formats in the game.
>>
>>53516096
>Might as well just play Legacy at that point
because legacy is a multiplayer format, right?
a casual and a competitive edh deck have much more in common than a competitive edh deck and a legacy deck do
>>
>>53516105
>you just start focusing your chip damage on him and force him to react.
This being UG though, they're guaranteed to have big beaters sooner than I do.
>Same happens when a player drops Oblivion Stone or Pernicious Deed
Those are symmetrical however.
>>
>>53512106

It's amazing, I have like 8 EDH decks and the only one that my kitchen table group hates on sight is timmy's wet dream

I even took out things that went a little bit too far like vorinclex
>>
>>53516160
dont forget nev's disk
thats a card I used to play a lot but now I don't.
>>
>>53516242
>drop a nev disk tapped
>gets cyc rifted before it untaps
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 464x664px
>>53512106
>Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your hand, if Taigam, Ojutai Master attacked this turn, that spell gains rebound.
Fuck you Wizards I can have my cake and eat it too.
>>
>>53516004
It's $40 on cardboard that will either hold value or become worth even more eventually. It's a completely reasonable purchase if you plan on being in the hobby for any extended amount of time.
>>
>>53516256
How could this happen to me?!
I made my mistakes!
>>
>>53516259
Get your Maze of Ith now.
>>
If I take control of a permanent until end of turn then blink it, does it still return to their control at the end of my turn? What if I exile it until my next turn?
>>
i want to build a deck in dune-brood colors but in my testing saskia has been really underwhelming. what would be a good partner deck in those colors?
>>
>>53516105
This, rift is a nice spell and all, but they can't keep holding it over you without losing a shit ton of tempo. Holding up 7 mana is a lot, holding it up for multiple turns erases any tempo advantage they get for casting it.

If you are just worried about them clearing the board to swing in, then insurrection and garruks wake do it better.
>>
File: Fishbro.jpg (103KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Fishbro.jpg
103KB, 480x680px
So /tg/ let's start off by saying I'm a simple man, a simple crazy man, and I like Merfolk.

I am trying to collect one of every Merfolk card printed.

I want to make four decks. WU, UB, UR, and UG Merfolk Tribal. Like I said, crazy.

WU practically builds itself, but I'm looking for suggestions on how to fill out the other combos or what their goals are.
>>
>>53516312
Maze of Ith is incredibly underrated as it is anyway.
>>
>>53516160
I don't know about you but UG in my meta doesn't really play that many big creatures other than straight up win conditions like Avenger and Craterhoof
>>
>>53515925
You're shit at google search then
>>
File: 12.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
>>53516319
it matters on the spell thats used
for instance if you flicker everything using ghost way vs using cloudshift
>>
>>53516312
Thankfully I've had my FTV one for years, contemplating grabbing some more but I don't think Taigam alone will warrant a spike in price.
>>
>>53516327
>implying they hold 7 mana
Nah they just casually build their board and then drop it when somebody else dares to have a better one
>>
>>53516374
Or they haven't been good enough to warrant me to buy them? They're proxies, sure, but they have to look decent. I got this proxy Bayou and it looked good on the site but shit in person.
>>
>>53516348
scrap the others and make a
U/W sig
U/B sig
WUBRG kerona the false fishbro
your ambition will be stretched doing these three decks, you will learn a lot about how the tribe works in edh and honestly I think you will thank yourself for not trying to make a shitload of decks.
>>
>>53516426
>I didnt read the conversation yet I feel an obligation to comment
>>
>>53516426
If you use rift like that then it is much worse than insurrection, or plague wind, or time stretch.
>>
>>53515771
I'd be willing to take a look.
>>
I tend to use rift as a glorified fog. It's also handy at removing (some) hate permanent just long enough to combo off.
>>
>>53515946
>>
>>53516633
this
>>
>>53516505
>insurrection, or plague wind
Because removing artifacts, enchantments and planeswalkers isn't worth the cheaper casting cost and instant speed?
>>
>>53515496
Exquisite Blood+Sanguine Bond,
Mikaeus+Triskellion,
Blightsteel Colossus with Haste,
reanimated bombs from Grave Betrayal/Sepulchral Primordial,
my own fat guys (mostly demons with extra effects, General, Mortivore etc),
Army of The Damned,
Exsanguinate

stuff like that.

>>53515511
It's just a lock, if opponents don't play mono B, it mean that only way to generate colored mana, is using non-land sources. If they're out of luck, I can win by turn 5 or 6 because they can't slow me down.

It's #1 Abolish target in our games.
>>
>>53516678
best part of rift if that its modal and that means you are never stuck with a shitty 7 mana wipe in your opener
>>
>>53515569
Unfortunately there aren't enough impactful cards to work with when messing with colors, the deck has moments where it is hilarious but it is usually just a nuisance.
>>
>>53515930
The anon was right about mono blue, but in a multicolored deck cards like realmwright can help out
>>
>>53516678
Insurrection will usually win the game outright as soon as its resolved though, if anybody is developing board. You're pretty much right about Plague Wind. I personally reach for All is Dust most often, but it depends on the needs of the deck.
>>
File: 71.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
How many of you have had to play against this?
what was your experience like?
>>
>>53516840
>>53516678
>she a fine 2 cmc little piece but she fat in all the right places
All this talk of cyc rift is giving me a chub.
>>
>>53516529
Pardon the lack of sorting, because it's culled straight from xmage also I'd never be able to afford this version obviously, with things like Island of Wak Wak
https://pastebin.com/9VkhT6qC
>>
File: phage.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
phage.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53515496
>when your playing monoblack control and your general is your wincon but also most likely your losecon
LIVIN ON THE EDGE
>>
>>53516010
Seconding for yeva, she's low power but can be good.
>>
>>53516921
i had it in a few of my earlier decks, but now that the meta has evolved i rarely see decks that rely on the commander.
>>
>>53515522
Multani lethal group hug.
>>
>>53516911
>all is dust
>all
>is
>dust

>aids

at last I truly see...
>>
>>53516921
I've never seen it before now. Seems too cute.
>>
>>53516931
isn't island of wak-wak only like $40?
>>
File: s2540.jpg (310KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
s2540.jpg
310KB, 1000x1383px
>>53516931
look at my beautiful alter
>>
>>53517000
That's quite a lot for a single trading card.
>>
>>53516936

Godspeed, anon. Do you rely on Torpor Orb or Command Beacon? If the latter, how many tutors do you run that can hit it? I've been dreaming of a playable Haakon build but that hitch always holds me back
>>
>>53517026
Implying that's yours and not from a seller on MKM
>>
>>53517027
>>53517000
try 95 bucks
and for a card that is pretty silly at that
>>
>>53517056
sh...shut up!
>>
>>53517027
people spend $200+ on duals
>>53517065
depends on condition. you can get a poor quality one on the cheap.
>>
>>53517042
Give it time anon. We'll have a land that bins you commander soon enough.
>>
>>53517088
>people spend $200+ on duals
People also voluntarily cut themselves
>>
>>53516921

Played against me when I was Ruric Thar

Thankfully I'm not retarded and was thankful he removed the big stupid's most annoying trait
>>
>>53517042
>Do you rely on Torpor Orb or Command Beacon?
Both, also Platinum Angel and things like Phyrexian Reclamation to put her back in my hand from the grave. For a while I even ran Thrull Wizard so that I could counter her, put her in the grave, and then put her back in the hand from there, but that's way to finicky.

>If the latter, how many tutors do you run that can hit it?
A lot. I'll post a pic of the deck in a minute since I don't have it on tappedout
>>
>>53517116
hey man, just because you don't like having pricey cards doesn't mean i can't enjoy collecting them.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 190x265px
Id sure love to build Braids. I could anyways, but then there's no telling who would accept playing against it or when the 99 other expensive cards in it can't even be used. Until she's unbanned it's a gamble and it's wasting my time
>>
>>53517174
she's not getting unbanned ever
>>
>>53517116
Not everyone considers $200 to be a lot of money my dude.
>>
>>53516117
I was never a good comedian anyway.

>>53517112
Apart from Haakon and Phage which other Commanders would usea land like that?
>>
File: 78a.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
78a.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>53517174
>Id sure love to build Braids
may i introduce you to her friend
she is muh kawaii, Monsieur!
>>
>>53512137
Fucking this.
>>
>>53517201
Not everybody is in the 1% my dude.
>>
Anyone ever build a Lord of Tresserhorn deck? He seems cool and was looking into him but I have a feeling that Thrax does everything he wants to do but better.
>>
>>53517174
I'd like to have tinker. I'd really like to have tinker just so I can call blightsteel by his real name every time I cast it.
>>
>>53517088
I only spent $60 on my Tundra.
>>
>>53517245
>Not everybody is in the 1% my dude.
i mean I used to drink about 100 bucks worth of booze a weekend now I dont drink and I collect cardboard
you dont need to be rich to spend money on things that arent essential
>>
>>53517112
I wish we got a absolutely absurd one, like

The Jillette Abode
Legendary Land
T: add one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity to your mana pool.
Sacrifice The Jillette Abode: put target commander card from a command zone into it's owner's graveyard.
Art by Rebecca Guay
>>
>>53516921
I mostly play Grim-Grin, so that's not looking particularly threatening here.
>>
>>53517245
???
i make $700 a week as a mailman and still buy expensive magic cards now and again
>>
>>53517233
How about any deck with reanimation spells?
>>
>>53517291
>Legendary Land
>T: add one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity to your mana pool.
yeah thats never going to happen again
>>
>>53517233
>Apart from Haakon and Phage which other Commanders would usea land like that?
Anything black and more than 2 (Animate Dead/Exhume) or especially 4 (Zombify) mana could make use of it. Temmet could do it as well, and while not as good as the directly-to-hand Command Beacon, it would be a way to spend effort instead of mana for a commander that's been recast a lot.

If it was more along the lines of "4, T: Put your commander from the command zone, battlefield, or exile into your graveyard" it could also ghetto-rescue commanders that have been mind controlled or subjected to a surprise end the turn rendering a flicker permanent.
>>
>>53517316
Why not?
>>
>>53517233
Perhaps any commander with a solid etb and a reason to play reanimation spells would want it.
>>
>>53517316
>what is Command Tower
>>
>>53517321
>"4, T: Put your commander from the command zone, battlefield, or exile into your graveyard"
Now this I can get behind.

>>53517344
>>53517315
I was gonna say Entomb-ing and reanimating a Commander seems like a lot of hoop jumping but it helps with prohibitive commander tax values so yeah, seems right.

>>53517362
He said "again". But then again Commander Sphere
>>
>>53517316
idgi, this is Command Tower without the Legendary.
>>
>>53517159
Imagine playing Nether Void just to counter your own Phage.
>>
>>53517314
I make $700 a month. Not everybody is a yankee.
>>
>>53517339
>>53517362
It would virtually be a strick upgrade over command tower I just dont see a utility land doing that
it taps for colorless or a single color at most
>>
>>53516931
Extraplanar Lens since you're already running snow forests.
>>
>>53517403
So, basically, Opal Palace
>>
File: IMG_2140.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2140.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>53517159
Phage, as promised.

The land you can't read is an Italian strip mine. There's 25 basic swamps
>>
File: mylove.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mylove.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>53516921
>what was your experience like?
Peachy
>>
>>53517404
I don't really need more mana though. I probably need something that makes my creatures more threatening that isn't a symmetrical effect called Coat of Arms.
>>
>>53517418
>So, basically, Opal Palace
I have no idea where you are getting that comparison
>>
File: deepestlore.jpg (134KB, 731x489px) Image search: [Google]
deepestlore.jpg
134KB, 731x489px
>>53516997
>>
>>53517418
>I'm stupid: the post
>>
>>53517385
neato!
>>
>>53517420
>Temporal Extortion

ah ha ha... I love it. Patrician taste, anon.
>>
>>53517435
Door of Destinies?
if you're consistently making tokens, Eldrazi Monument
>>
File: Shiny playmat.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny playmat.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Who's a good little witch commander?
>>
>>53517420
this looks fun as hell
what kind of playgroup does it play in
obviously its not a turn 3 combo deck or anything but how powerful is it
>>
>>53517469
Door of Destinies requires creatures to be cast, and Monument doesn't pump them up very much, only makes them more resilient
>>
>>53517494
Braids my man.
>>
>>53517262
He seems like fun, but my biggest issue is the sac 2 part of his cost. You can't really power him out as a voltronish commander unless you have a Torpor Orb or fodder for him. Maybe you could go zombie tribal so you'll have plenty of tokens, or even use stuff like Young Pyromancer and Bitterblossom if you're going more of a control route.
The draw 2, however, can be a neat political gesture or even just value with Notion Theif or Consecrated Sphinx.
>>
>>53517435
Garruk Wildspeaker is pretty good and Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede effects can outright end the game for you. Pathbreaker Ibex is one of my favorites.
>>
File: 74.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53517494
>>
>>53517512
Well, Indestructible Fliers are pretty formidable, since you'll have to spot remove them if you can't deal with the monument.
>>
>>53517238
Ew no thanks. Pretty different, and I do not want one of those horrid flip cards
>>
File: 75.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53517494
nvm im an idiot
pic related is much better
>>
>>53517548
>horrid flip cards
WHATS IT LIKE HAVING AWFUL TASTES
STOP BEING SO WRONG
SPIKE DIES!
>>
File: 64 (1).jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
64 (1).jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>53517494
>>
File: tmp_11333-124316.hq795963708.jpg (148KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11333-124316.hq795963708.jpg
148KB, 480x680px
>>53517563
Shut up you slut! I'm telling the principal you were smoking behind the gym!
>>
>>53517525
They only help at the offensive though, some defense would be nice to have. Does green have access to anything similar to lifelink?

>>53517544
I don't pump them out fast enough to not just stick with a bunch at a time though.
Also played against an Alesha with exile etbs recently and the bumrush with three guys strategy ended up pretty badly.
>>
File: Image (65).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (65).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53517494
I'm actually shitbrewing a Rakdos Bitchcraft deck atm with her at the helm. I don't plan to win, I plan to make my opponents sad.
>>
>>53517636
is exava just a trick, or does she actually do something for the deck?
>>
>>53517661
Ill let Snoop Dogg answer that one.
>>
>>53516443
I've had a monoblue, a u/w, a u/b, and a u/w/g Merfolk tribal deck before in EDH, I've been playing the format for many, many years.

I understand that building four different decks is crazy/dumb, but that's part of the challenge.

Anointed procession does some serious work in the w/u deck btw.
>>
File: akroma.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
akroma.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53517504
This deck's kind of a wildcard in terms of power. There are times where it can contend with high-tier decks (mainly by going under the radar, controlling the board, and waiting until just the right moment to play Phage and hit), and it can theoretically get a Contamination lock t1, but it can also, quite literally, die to a Krosan Grip. I mainly use it for more casual games because of that but I like stress testing it too.

I made Phage's bff too
>>
File: 117[1].jpg (81KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117[1].jpg
81KB, 312x445px
>>53517494
The other option being Exava, I think the choice is obvious.
>>
File: 207.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53517631
YOU BITCH
YOU ARE THE KIND OF GIRL THAT JUST LETS THE GUYS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A SLUT?!
I JUST SAW YOU LET OLORO CAST MINDSLAVER FOR FREE
HAVE SOME FUCKING SELF RESPECT!
>>
>>53517636
Why not Lyzolda? I mean, if you're going thematic, the ability to sac creatures for cards (or incidental damage) seems better than Unleash/haste
>>
>>53517636
Why Exava over Lyzolda?
>>
>>53517727
>posting the version where the artist completely misinterpreted the name and read it as Soulsigner instead of the actual Soulsinger
>>
File: 1494452508012.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494452508012.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
>>53517710
>Blood witch
>cleric subtype
>>
>>53517710
>>53517730
huh, I thought she was higher CMC, guess she'll be the pilot and exava in the 99
>>
File: 118.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>53517751
Hello Stanpie i am qt which !
>>
File: jhoria.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
jhoria.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53517494
>>
>>53517751
if this is true, that is hilarious. Though I really do like the magical contract

Reminds me of the lemure issue.
>>
>>53517710
I actually just built her out of scraps I own for REALLY low-powered games with new players.

kinda eager to try it out.
>>
>>53517793
>lemure issue.
go on
>>
>>53517793
Not quite. http://sheppard-arts.blogspot.sk/2013/10/magic-card-art-rubinia-soulsinger.html
>>
>>53517838
sounds like a load of horseshit to me
>>
>>53517827
a lemure is a french spectre that haunts people from the afterlife
the artist didn't know this and assumed it was a mis-spelling of lemur, so they drew a mammal
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2457
that's the original

there's also a reference to this in the flavor text of a later lemure card where they made sure to tell the artist what they wanted on
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=111082
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>53517827
a lemure is a ghost / spirit

the artist thought it was a lemur - small primate
>>
File: 21[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
21[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>53517827
Artist didn't know what a lemure is and figured it was just a fancy way of saying "lemur".
>>
>>53517873
Well it's straight from the artist's mouth
>>
>>53517910
>uh i def didnt fuck up that hard
>it was my husband
>lol
yeah I believe artists can lie, m9
>>
>>53517877
roman spectre, not french.
lemure in french would mean "the wall (le mur)" which would be a hilarious name for it
>>
>>53517929
>>53517873
she does have a good point though. what rubina does is conscription. so holding a magical contract actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
File: tmp_11333-398441.hq1837342297.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11333-398441.hq1837342297.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
>>53517727
THATS RICH COMMING FROM A GIRL THAT WILL TAP DOWN WITH ANY CREATURE ON THE BATTLEFIELD
>>
If you own sleeves or a playmat that has Japanese cartoon girls depicted inappropriately then I want you to know that you're specifically the reason this world is on fire.
>>
>>53517945
perhaps, but there's a real fucking big difference between siren song and contractual signing
>>
File: JalumGrifter.jpg (229KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
JalumGrifter.jpg
229KB, 480x680px
>>
>>53517890
>>53517881
>>53517877

And yet the artist managed to look up and properly portray "Hyalopterous" (possessing gossamer wings), which frankly makes the whole mess even funnier.
>>
>>53517998
I don't see where you're going with this.
>>
File: 41.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>53517947
WELL AT LEAST IM A GOOD LOVER
YOU LITERALLY JUST USE PEOPLE!
YOU WOULDNT CARE IF YOUR BOYFRIEND LIVED OR DIED
AS A MATTER OF FACT I BELIEVER YOU WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE IT IF HE DIED!
>>
>>53518051
haha me too
>>
File: clip+(2017-05-30+at+02.33.39).jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2017-05-30+at+02.33.39).jpg
38KB, 223x310px
Has anybody tried making this guy an EDH?
>>
>>53518051
dude its so much value when you cast pic related while you have that commander in play
>>
>>53517634
I'll have a look around and see what I can find.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>53512106
one day i shall get my Bant Crab tribal to work

>why wont wizards make crab commander
>>
File: Dont Reproduce.png (67KB, 132x201px) Image search: [Google]
Dont Reproduce.png
67KB, 132x201px
>>53518126
>>why wont wizards make crab commander
>>
So why is Commander Anthology so shit? There are like 3 reprints worth any money in the whole set.
>>
>>53518149
foils
>>
File: radha.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
radha.png
145KB, 223x311px
>>53518060
OH LIKE YOU'VE EVER HAD A BOYFRIEND OUTSIDE YOUR TRASHY ROMANCE NOVELS!
YOU COULDN'T BE MORE OUT OF TOUCH IF YOU TRIED, HALF THE BOYS AT THIS SCHOOL PROBABLY THINK YOUR FACE IS A TEXTBOOK!
>>
>>53518180
you can stop now, i've already gotten my fill of cringe for the day
>>
File: 17.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>53518180
CHOPPING OFF YOUR BALLS DOESNT MAKE YOU A WOMAN YOU DISGUSTING FREAK HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>53516997
>All
>Is
>Dust
>AID
Do you have brain problems?
>>
>>53518147
U wot m8?

>crab most powerful tribe
>>
>>53518220
I believe you've mistaken Radha for Alesha. Sudoku time.
>>
>>53518204
no this is the most fun ive had in months
you will not stop me
>>
>>53518242
>no tits
>manly shoulders
>feminine benis
no it is you who is mistaken
>>
>>53518243
ok
>>
File: 1481664173166.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1481664173166.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>53518147
They need to print a turtle legend first
>>
File: 125.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>53518237
>implying crabs have even half a chance against archers
get fucked
fag
got
>>
>>53518180
radha isnt much of a witch btw
>>
Where can I buy the Commander Anthology coming out soon? no LGS is listing it in my area and its coming out pretty soon. (i live in canada btw i dunno if this is a US only thing)
i want to get it for my friend
>>
>>53517751

AHAHAHA fuck

I love fuckup stories like that
>>
>>53518060
Is Kaho Fun
>>
>>53518350
thats because much like your housing, they have all already been bought up by the chinks
haah
get fucked
>>
File: meren.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
meren.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53518220
You're calling someone else disgusting? This from the pervert who got her o-face in the yearbook. When people say they make up horrors to cope with the real ones, they mean you.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>53518309
get hard countered archer fag by crabs
>>
>>53518350
>Where can I buy the Commander Anthology coming out soon?

The shops were burned hard by the Planechase Anthology and CA is slated to be the same exact thing ($165 MRSP for four decks only one of which has value, eat my ass WOTC) so I bet most stores will order zero copies of it, online is your best bet.
>>
>>53518347
Neither was vampire miri but w/e the chain continues.
>>
File: 203.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53518388
>oh look at me I know all about horrors
LISTEN HERE YOU GOTH BITCH, JUST BECAUSE NOBODY TALKS TO YOU DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE MYSTERIOUS IT JUST MEANS THEY FUCKING HATE YOU
GOD
LEARN YOUR PLACE!
AND MIRRI MIGHT BE SMOKING CIGARETTES BUT WHATS THAT?! A SMOKING SKULL?! YEAH IM SURE YOU ARE REAL POPULAR WITH THE BOYS THERE HUN!
>>
>>53518397
this card is a spook
>>
File: atalya.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
atalya.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>53518454
YOU'RE ONE TO GIVE RELATIONSHIP ADVICE. HOW'D THAT THING WITH GERRARD END UP AGAIN, HON?
>>
>>53518384
fun?
very
easy to disrupt?
very
>>
File: tmp_11333-193593.hq2003949222.jpg (142KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11333-193593.hq2003949222.jpg
142KB, 480x680px
*tries on prom dress*
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Image (2).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>53518471
no one can stop the "crab"page
>>
File: 1.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53518511
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHEN TO STOP TALKING YOU REALLY HURT PEOPLE YOU KNOW THAT?!
SEE AT LEAST SHE >>53518538 LOOKS GOOD IN HER DRESS
>>
>>53518516
Sounds right up my alley. Maybe I'll build her when the next paycheck rolls in
>>
>>53518610
yeah tutors on a commander are insane and she doesnt force you into any archetype aside from
"have at least 10 or so instances in your deck"
>>
File: Merfolkclub.png (630KB, 445x621px) Image search: [Google]
Merfolkclub.png
630KB, 445x621px
These are my four prospective commanders for my Merfolk Tribal shenanigans. You can't talk me out of it! I'm crazy.

Any suggestions on includes for any of the four decks?
>>
>>53518688
>You can't talk me out of it! I'm crazy.
ok cool
go away then
>>
>>53518688
River Cutthroat isn't really cutout to be Merfolk leader. Your best bet is probably River Guide.
>>
File: 29.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53518581
>no one can stop the "crab"page
*blocks your path*
WHERE ARE YOU CRABS NOW?!

no but seriously this card is hilarious
>>
File: tmp_11333-376539.hq1429225406.jpg (273KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11333-376539.hq1429225406.jpg
273KB, 480x680px
*crams for exam*
>>
>>53518718
I'm building four decks, one for each of those guys ha ha.

>>53518711
I'm not hurting anyone here, if you don't have anything to contribute that's fine too.
>>
>>53518752
fuck! a crabtasterphy
>no fucking clue where that pic came from, tried to post crab that steals shit when un- and this shit appears
>>
>>53518792
>look at this prude
Always hanging around machines instead of boys
what is her problem
or does she know something we dont about the girth of those machines :3
>>
>>53518801
Dire Undercurrents and Wydwen are fun to play together.

also ninjas
>>
>>53518899
Ninjas are great. Vela is great.
>>
>>53518752
Volrath "all crabs get stabbed" the Fallen
>>
>>53518899
>Wydwen
>dire undercurrents
>ninjas
I will spit you out of my mouth, you are an absolute disgrace to her
>>
>>53518792
y..you are cute
can i t..touch your tits?
>>
>>53519001
hey, Currents is very good in wydwen, I run it too
>>
>>53519001
>>53519025
>5 mana enchantment that requries you to play more than 5 creatures in a wydwen deck
gross
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53518931
don't u stab my crab
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>53519084
you're a big crab
>>
>>53519080
why? you got Wydwen. you don't need five creatures. You sit back on countermagic, and if people sit thight, you use her ability to draw some cards and make people discard

But yea, the 5 mana is the most aggravating part
>>
>>53519023
I only date silver golems.
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53519193
Stay away from my hubby!
>>53519147
you are going to sit there and tell me that you will bounce and recast wydwyn multiple times in a game, just to make dire currents worth while?
that seems realllllly bad, and hardly worth it if you were going to be bouncing her in response to removal anyway
>>
File: 20170514_173141.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_173141.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
So last week I asked for ideas for a new deck. Someone mentioned doing a tribal build since I didn't have one.

So I thought about it pretty hard, and I decided I wanted to Golgari. Originally I was gonna do something silly like fungus tribal, but I decided something even more silly.

Spider tribal

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/does-spider-have-pusspuss/

Thoughts? I wanna add more power cards like Survival of the Fittest, Demonic Tutor, and some other powerful BG cards but for now this turned out well.

Played against my friends the other day, one was playing Bruna, Light of Alabaster and the other was playing Saskia. Bruna player 1HKO'd the Saskia player, and then I won with Triumph of the Hordes. Great turn about for it's first game.

Thoughts? I wanna also add more creatures but most of the spiders either costs a lot or just suck entirely.
>>
>>53519356
conspiracy
or
spiderspawning.dek
>>
>>53512106
>people dont know the game
>playing against them on cockatrice
>pic related
>dualcaster mage + twinflame
>"thats not infinite"
>no judges on to dispute

how is mtgo for online commander?
this shits ridiculous
>>
File: tmp_11333-414463.hq1614407055.jpg (32KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11333-414463.hq1614407055.jpg
32KB, 265x370px
>>53519356
You only need one spider.
>>
>>53519515
>cant unsee the alter where it wears a tophat
>>
>>53519515
Oh man, what was wizards and missing the mark on commanders.
>>
>>53519507
Were you the one trying to do that or one of your opponents?
Either way, yea that's not an infinite.
Twinflame has to resolve to create a copy, and duelcaster has to enter before the spell you want to copy resolves, so copying it with a spell won't go infinite.
>>
>>53519515
Yes, that's the general.
>>
>>53519550
apparently it saw enough play in standard to be 10 dollars more than I was willing to pay at one point
>>
>>53519550
>Ishkanah
>Ulrich
>Ludevic
>O-Kagachi
WotC is shit at providing good commanders for things the community asks for.
>>
>>53519515
Oh how I wish recurring nightmar were legal.
>>
>>53519569
The only way it works is if there's another creature in play.

1. Cast Twinflame targeting any creature you control.
2. Flash in Dualcaster Mage with the spell still on the stack.
3. ETB triggers targeting Twinflame.
4. Allow trigger to resolve, copy is put on stack. New targets are allowed for copy thus Dualcaster Mage may be targeted.
5. Repeat many times.
>>
>>53519569
holy shit you are autistic
okay bud
1) Cast Heat Shimmer
2) Response, cast Dualcaster Mage
3) Dualcaster Mage resolves, enter the battlefield trigger targets Heat Shimmer
4) Dualcaster trigger resolves, Heat Shimmer copy targets Dualcaster Mage
5) Heat Shimmer copy resolves, Dualcaster copy enter the battlefield trigger targets Heat Shimmer
6) Dualcaster copy trigger resolves, Heat Shimmer copy targets Dualcaster Mage
7) Repeat 5 - 7

>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/578547-regarding-dualcaster-mage-and-heat-shimmer
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-questions/do-heat-shimmer-and-dualcaster-mage-go-infinite/
>>
>love colored artifacts
>see Ramos Dragon engine spoiler

QUICK, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTIFACTS WITH COLORED MANA COSTS OR ABILITIES

CARDS LIKE MEMNARCH AND SHARDLESS AGENT
>>
>>53519507
if he had another creature it would work though, right?
>>
>>53519636
>MEMNARCH
wont trigger, color identity =/= card color
>>
>>53519571
And yet there are 20 other spiders jammed in there.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>53519569
you okay bud?

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-questions/do-heat-shimmer-and-dualcaster-mage-go-infinite/
>http://www.gatheringmagic.com/andrewwilson-102814-infinitycaster-mage/
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/578547-regarding-dualcaster-mage-and-heat-shimmer
>http://www.essentialmagic.com/forums/Thread.asp?ID=821017
>>
>>53519673
Yes because its spider tribal you mong.
>>
>>53519633
I'm autistic for using only the information provided in the image other anon posted to evaluate the situation and decide whether or not it was an infinite.
OK bro.
Other anon never mentioned any other legal targets for Twinflame, nor whether the player had cast the Twinflame or the Dualcaster first. Tell me, how else would you evaluate situation provided with ONLY info provided and no other inferred conditions?
>>
File: 45.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53519673
im telling ya spider spawning and mono green murder are all you need
>>
>>53519633
>>53519690
How is that anon wrong? It only works with a second creature. In the original pic there is only dualcaster.
>>
>>53519654
it did work.
you only need another creature to CAST the spell.
there was one.
and if somehow you could cast the spell and not have another creature. and dual caster mage just went infinite forever thus stalling the game

Purphoros would end it because of his triggers

the issue was they were saying
"you can only make 2 copiesof dual caster mage
>>
>>53519725
spiderspawning.dec is more of a sultai deck than anything. I did that once and used Sidisi, but it got old quick. It's traumatize yourself, get coat of arms, spiderspawn, win.

Just boring desu,
>>
>>53519732
there was no implications of there being a second or not a second creature.
just the fact that there was a combo.
not even information that Purphoros was online or not

hasty judgements make people like that anon look like idiots
>>
>>53519569
it was me, there was 3 other creatures. it was infinite
>>
>>53519756
>there was one.
well the pic doesn't show any other creature so it does look like it wouldn't work
>>
>>53519818
no info information that Purphoros was online or not.
>>
>>53519808
pic or it didnt happen
>>
>>53519786
considering that it needs a second creature to work, anon's "hasty judgment" is on point. he simply commented based on the information he had avaible.
>>
>>53519765
How does that even win? Does your playgroup just sit around saccing Solemn to Trading Post all day?
>>
>>53519856
if only replays worked
>>
>>53519852
And because of that lack of information it is assumed that he wasn't
>>
>>53519883
how could he know if the god was online or not you delusional autist
>>
>>53519927
see the post directly above yours
>>
>>53519887
>how does that win
>deck with all the best card draw, removal, ramp, tutors, and disruption in the game

It's pretty straight forward. I usually won through mass zombies or spiders. One or the other. Deck had 5 tutors, 6-7 boardwipes, and about 7-8 counterspells. I took it apart because it was boring to play and they complained.
>>
>>53517376
How about just
4,T: put a commander creature card from your command zone on to the battlefield.
We all is Derevi now
>>
>>53519923
see the post directly below yours
>>
>>53519994
We will go into a loop so this ends in a draw
>>
should i get it?
pros:
>deck will be 100% finished
>never have to put money into deck again
(besides new sets)
>i play in a highly competitive meta so I can keep up more consistently
cons:
>190 usd
>>
>>53520025
gg
>>
>>53519985
Sounds like your playgroup needs to git gud.
>>
>>53520048
Pull the trigger bitch.
>>
File: xiahou dun.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
xiahou dun.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
I just built a Xiahou Dun deck, mostly control/stax with big mana finishers, trying to stay away from combos. What are some cards that NEED to be in here?
>>
>>53520048
What deck is it for anon?
>>
>>53520115
Dark Ritual. Also put in a combo. Dont be a pussy anon.
>>
>>53520115
I hope you have a fucking Damnation in there, nigga
>>
>>53520126
zadato tutor out the combo that just shit up the thread
also an excuse to make Alesha
>>
>>53520156
nah senpai, really not a fan of combos, I don't want the deck to play the same way every game.
>>
>>53520115
Maybe not a need card, but Dawn of the Dead is super spicy.
>>
>>53520163
Not yet, 70 bux seemed a bit much when there are plenty of other boardwipes
>>
>>53520211
It's like $18 now
>>
>>53520185
That does seem really cool, I could get tons of card advantage out of that.
>>
>>53520115
Entomb. Animate Dead. Reanimate. Necromancy.
>>
>>53520231
Oh shit, you're right, I'll probably pick that up then.
>>
>>53520211
>builds Xiahou
>complains about expensive cards
>>
>>53520282
not so much its too expensive, but that I have tons of options and don't need the $70 dollar card. But if its only $18, I'll totally pick it up.
>>
>>53520167
Recruiter of the Guard does a decent impression if you're only trying to tutor out a 2/2.
But if you have the spare cash, Imperial Recruiter really powers up the deck.
>>
>>53520363
okay, i appreciate the insight
>>
>>53519636
Godsend, easily.

Some one smarter then me, is it supposed to be "a godsend, or gods end"
>>
>>53519636
You do realize that colour identity doesn't mean anything when asking a spell's colour? Memnarch and Bosh are still colourless, as are each of the talismans and signets as well
>>
>>53520363
>white card in a red deck
But that's forbidden love!
>>
>>53520440
Both in the right hands.
>>
File: 266.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
266.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Should I build Samut as functional pic related?

Any good tap abilities or untap card suggestions?
>>
>>53520477
He said it's for Alesha though
>>
>>53520440
GodSAND, anon, for fuck sake get your grammar right
>>
NEW THREAD

>>53520851
>>53520851
>>53520851
>>53520851
>>53520851

NEW THREAD
>>
>>53520718
>Samut
No
>>
>>53515976
looks like you got pretty flustered there
Thread posts: 433
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.