[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns in Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 21

File: The future.jpg (80KB, 1000x479px) Image search: [Google]
The future.jpg
80KB, 1000x479px
If your players approach you with plans to make gunpowder and early firearms, with the possibility to upgrade to modern firearms as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mud medieval fantasy
>B-b-b-but mommy, loud noises make me scared

Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, elf-loving fantasy, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle guns in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53509906
God damn it why do Americans have to shoehorn guns into fucking EVERYTHING?

They weren't even invented until the late 1800s, why would they be in medieval fantasy?

Jesus Christ.
>>
File: magitek moogle.png (21KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
magitek moogle.png
21KB, 500x451px
repeating firearms?
they aint such a big deal when you have magic powered robots in your setting as well
>>
>making early fire arms
Why did they have this idea? Where does it come from. Tech development does not happen in a vacuum. "early" firearms appeared after a thousand years of technological development after primitive gunpowder
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make kemonomimi and traps, with the possibility to upgrade to kawaii catbois as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh setting
>B-b-b-but mud magical realm
>B-b-b-but mommy, cute traps make my penis confused

Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, elf-loving fantasy, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle catbois in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53509925
>Where does it come from
It's called "not being retarded". You should try it sometime. Anyone who isn't utterly moronic could make a working pistol.
>>53509924
Get that mary-sue shit out of here
>>53509920
Why do you yurocucks always have to shit up discussions with your jealous whining? America is number one, deal with it.
>>
>>53509920
arquebusers were defending European walls by mid 1300.
By mid 1400 every European polity had their own siege cadre.
The black legion of Hungary had one in five soldiers equipped with firearms by the same time period
>>
>>53509924
>Automatic weapons
>Giant robots

Oh fuck off you weeaboo. Your drug-fueled Nipponese nightmares aren't fantasy.
>>
Don't we have this thread right now?
>>
Out of character knowledge versus in character knowledge.

You, the player, know that guns are both possible and generally how they function. Your character does not.

Also, if you're the guy who made the other thread about guns in fantasy, please restrict your juvenile trolling to one thread at a time?
>>
>>53509949
>black legion of Hungary
Get that multicultural shit out of here. Medieval fantasy has no place for blacks OR gays.
>>
File: file.png (192KB, 236x351px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
192KB, 236x351px
>>53509920
>>53509906
>>53509925
/thread
>>
>>53509964
It isn't trolling just because it hurts your feelings, shit DM-kun
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>53509920
>>53509906 (OP)
>>53509925
>>53509976
/thread
>>
>>53509906
>>53509945

If your players approach you with plans to make katanas, with the possibility to upgrade to masterwork blades as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh bastard swords
>B-b-b-but muh eurocentric setting
>B-b-b-but mommy, weebs are shitting in my fantasy kitchen sink

TL/DR, if you can't handle glorious nippon steel in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
File: 1280px-Girandoni_Air_Rifle.jpg (38KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Girandoni_Air_Rifle.jpg
38KB, 1280x738px
>>53509952
>Repeating firearms=automatic weapons
>>
File: 1476703761094.jpg (76KB, 402x346px) Image search: [Google]
1476703761094.jpg
76KB, 402x346px
>>53509906
>>53509945
>mfw my setting has both 19 century-style guns and kemonomimi races
So, does that mean i have thhe best setting?
>>
File: c45.jpg (36KB, 640x874px) Image search: [Google]
c45.jpg
36KB, 640x874px
If your players approach you with plans to make themselves number two, with the possibility to upgrade to number one as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:
>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, the good guy is number one r-right?
TL/DR, if you can't handle being number one in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53510014
Just as long as your players are using the guns to commit furry genocide, yes. If furry races are playable, immediately kill yourself.
>>
>>53509945
How would you make kemonomimi? If they could develop a coherent method to actually produce genuine cat-eared humanoids, I would let it pass.
>>
>>53510036
You fuck a cat
>>
>>53510046
That makes no sense. Having sex with a cat would not produce cat-eared humans. Come back to me with a good method or it's a no go.
>>
>>53510036
Convergent evolution + magic.

What if i told you that it's not catpeople who look like humans, it's humans who look like catpeople
>>
>>53510054
>>>53510046
>That makes no sense. Having sex with a cat would not produce cat-eared humans

Are you retarded? Yes it would.
>>
>>53510025
>Catgirls
>Furry
>>
>>53510054
Reproduction works by taking part of each individual's soul, so when you fuck or get fucked by a cat you're mixing a human soul with a cat soul.

Human souls are naturally much more potent and so the result is always a cat-eared human.
This can have unfortunate implications if the mother was a cat.
>>
Get this furry shit out of MY thread. This is a serious issue that needs to be discussed.

>>/mlp/
>>/trash/
>>/literally kill yourself/
>>
>>53510054

Have you fucked a cat anon? Because if not you're just making rules up without any reason.
>>
>>53510075
Oh, wow! Epic, this is the best worldbuilding ever!

Even in a shitposting thread, /tg/ manages to have amazing discussion!

/tg/ is the best board! The best board!!
>>
>>53510036
Same as elves, dwarves, halflings, whatever else you have in your campaign.

It's really not that outlandish of a concept.
>>
>>53510036
Human tribes worshiping animal gods who whose offspring takes their some of the divine characteristics as blessing during their birth.

Easiest to do and also explain why their behavior are similar to humans.
>>
I miss having quest threads on /tg/
>>
>Players
>Making demands

How cute.
>>
File: 1491082763587.jpg (178KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1491082763587.jpg
178KB, 798x770px
>>53510161
Let them have their fantasy once in a while.
>>
>>53510161
Just write a novel, railroad-kun.
>>
>>53509947
Anyone who isn't utterly moronic and had access to advanced engineering knowledge could make a working pistol. It doesn't matter how clever you are, if you don't have in-depth understanding of the field, you won't know what you're doing. If you were to give the smartest man in medieval europe all the materials necessary to make a gun, without teaching him how to do it he'd probably make one that exploded in his face.
>>
>>53510036
Just... make them another race? I mean, in standard fantsy settingâ„¢ we have:
>Humans
>Tall humans with pointy ears
>Short humans with beards
>Brutish humans
>Short humans with hairy feet
>>
>>53510189
It's a tube of metal stuffed with gunpowder, how hard could it be? Yurocucks like you have no idea what you're talking about. WHY contribute?
>>
>>53509906
Unless they're inventors, blacksmiths, and chemists, with intelligence scores and skill dumps to match, they're not going to be inventing shit. It's metagamey as fuck to believe that they could just spontaneously come up with the idea AND the methods of crafting even basic firearms on their own, in much the same way as it'd be metagamey to assume they could "decide" to discover penicillin.

That said, if someone wanted to play an adventuring blacksmith/alchemist and spent time roleplaying his invention process with the goal of building primitive firearms, I might consider letting him.
>>
What is this, the sixth, seventh thread about guns in fantasy in a row? Are we done yet? It's not like the answer is ever going to change: some people like guns, some do not. Period.
>>
>>53510259
The only one on their period here is you, princess. Maybe you should shut up while men are talking.
>>
>>53510212
The question was how would the PLAYERS make kemomimi, in universe.
>>
File: 1377805991623.png (239KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1377805991623.png
239KB, 550x550px
>>53510025
>humans are "magical" race
>kemonomimi actually invented guns because they can't into magic
You won't like my setting, then.
>>
>>53510005
That stock looks fucking awful. Why is it made out of iron???
>>
>>53509906
I have every right to do whatever I want. I'm the GM, it's my game, and we're following my rules. If you don't like it, GM your own game.

Oh wait, you won't, because you're lazy and shit.
>>
>>53509906
>>53509920
Bait is becoming a form of performance art and I kinda love it.
>>
>>53510288
>Implying anyone would play with a fucktard like you.
Enjoy playing with yourself, yurocuck.
>>
>>53510271
>talking about guns make me a man
Laughable.
>>
>>53510287
It's the air tank.
>>
>>53510273
>In universe
I hate to just say "magic", but... magic. Maybe god shenanigans, there are enough explanations (doesn't mean GM HAS to like or allow them).

Much better method would be solving it OOC, before the campaign starts. When i GM, i usually give players free reign on deciding what races their characters are and then incorporate races in the setting so they aren't snowflakey. The result is win-win - players get their half-elementals and lizardmen, I get an interesting setting to consider and don't have to go "OH MY GOD IT'S [a weird thing]" each time they enter another settlement.
>>
>>53510213

A tube of metal stuffed with gunpowder accurately describes a pipe bomb. Which is what the dude would make, and then he'd die.
>>
>>53510304
>Yurocuck numales talking about being a man
Literally laughing at your life right now. Shouldn't you be letting Muhammad fuck your wife right now?
>>53510337
>Yurocucks
>Having tanks
Their armies can't even afford bullets. Sad!
>>
File: troll.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>53510357
Not a masterfully executed one though.
>>
>>53510304
>fearing technology makes me psychologically superior

Euros, lol. How does it feel knowing that the replication crisis falsified over 60% of the social "sciences"?
>>
>>53509906
yeah, great. we have handgonnes. they do 1d12 damage and ignore 5 points of armour. the paladn smites harder than that
>>
>>53510402
And I can make the paladin fall. Checkmate, fucker.
>>
>>53510025
But if furries were gone, we'd have no way to quickly detect disruptive autismos and kick them from the group before they shit up the game.
>>
>>53510389
Are you guys still forcibly lobotomizing homosexuals and trying to cure mental illnesses by surgically removing random organs without anesthesia?
>>
>>53510445
>Kicking out the autismos
WRONG. Those are the people you WANT to play with. What, are you going to let normies into your game?
>>53510462
What's wrong with any of that?
>>
File: t01e9c3f9efb8d25c3e.jpg (211KB, 1600x954px) Image search: [Google]
t01e9c3f9efb8d25c3e.jpg
211KB, 1600x954px
How do they go from this...
>>
File: AK74-Wood-1.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
AK74-Wood-1.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>53510504
...to this?
>>
>>53510516
>>53510504
Hard work and pioneer spirit, two things that a yurocuck like you wouldn't understand. PCs are supposed to be a cut above the norm, anyway.
>>
>>53510271
>men are talking
>one ass blasted aspie and a bunch of furries
>>
>>53510566
>yurocuck
>guy posts two european firearms

How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>53510357
You do know that Giradoni air rifles have a really big part in American history?
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make anal beads and early sex toys, with the possibility to upgrade to modern multi stage vibrating dildos as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, sex positive culture scares me

Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something fetishy out of your generic, puritan fantasy, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle sex toys in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53510601
There is a ninety five% chance he is european.

Probably some no guns country like scotland
>>
Just ignore and report the retarded /pol/ poster. He'll get a nice ban for a week and we can get back to discussing /tg/un/k/ombat.
>>
>>53510601
I can own those guns, you can't. Go ahead and get mad.
>>53510626
We're talking about guns, not toys.
>>53510644
Scotland isn't a real fucking country.
>>
>>53510020
That's some Afro samurai shit right there my dude
>>
Why would anyone in a fantasy setting use FIRE-arms?

Gunpowder is a poor substitute for magitech railguns.
>>
>>53510730
Any alchemist can cook up some gunpowder. When you want some really magical shit, you're gonna have to pay for a highly-skilled alchemist AND an enchanter to make you a barrel that can handle the fury of Hell unleashed.
>>
Anons, this is hot new copy pasta. Op just replaced ((TOPIC)) with ((GUNS))
>>
>>53509906
Yeah, I'd say go on. It's not like it will give them any really big advantage considering that medium level characters could go one on one against a tank and win. Some even without dodging.

High fantasy doesn't care much about guns.

When I DM a low fantasy while guns will give a nice advantage for field battles 30+ seconds reloads are just not feasible for most fights. Having a gun as a last second device to kill some nasty monster yeah. Nice. But in low fantasy I'll also will track if they keep their gunpowder dry and so on.
>>
>>53509967
I hope you are just being silly
>>
>>53510755
I was TRYING to have a serious discussion. It's not my fault that meme vultures took my OP and twisted it for their own ends.
>>
>>53509906
OP, I play a gunsmith in my current campaign and I can't disagree with you more. If I ask to add another elemental damage type to the game and give you a homebrew class to base it off of you can say no. Hell, the DM even changed pre-established rules in the PHB because of his combat preference and because were his players it was essentially suck it up or go home.
>I'm entitled to play any class I want in your campaign
10/10 you've baited me again.
>>
>>53510755
If your players approach you with plans to make nuclear weapons and early nuclear bombs, with the possibility to upgrade to thermonuclear bombs as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, loud noises make me scared

TL/DR, if you can't handle nukes in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53510913
This fucker never stops XD

It's his fifth time today
>>
>>53510939
He's got a point though. In a setting with wizards, why shouldn't players be able to use nuclear weapons?
>>
>>53510913
You fucked it up you lazy cunt. You need to throw in some

>B-b-b-but mommy, nuclear proliferation makes me scared
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make _________ and _______, with the possibility to upgrade to ________ as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh _______
>B-b-b-but mud _______
>B-b-b-but mommy, ______________

TL/DR, if you can't handle _________ in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.

And thus a new pasta was born.
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make directed energy weapons and early laser guns, with the possibility to upgrade to modern particle weapons as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, lbright lights make me scared

TL/DR, if you can't handle directed energy weapons in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53509906
Depends on what you mean by "modern". Like what, fully automatic rifles?
>>
>>53510832
>serious discussion
>opened with ad hominem and "muh" greentext dismissals
Ok
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make submarines and aircraft, with the possibility to upgrade to modern tanks as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but mug treaty of Versailles
>B-b-b-but mud rmilitarization of the Rhineland
>B-b-b-but mommy, Germany wants to take over Europe

Shut up. You shouldn't be enforcing post war concessions. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, Communist loving continent, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be asserting political authority - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle Germany as a military power in Europe, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53510832
It's explicitly your fault. It's never been more someone's fault. The blame rests squarely on your angry autistic shoulders.
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make noodles and early tagliatelle, with the possibility to upgrade to modern tortellini as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, pasta is fattening

TL/DR, if you can't handle pasta in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53511502
Can /best board/ make a setting out of this? Pasta-punk maybe?
>>
>>53509906
Agree on general terms. "Say yes or roll the dice" is one of the cardinal rules of DM'ing. But just because the PC's can get guns, doesn't mean you have to make it easy. They may need to go on quests to find the knowledge / materials. They may need to develop new skills. Getting the raw materials to keep them loaded and maintained doesn't have to be trivial either. Remember it took hundreds of years of firearm development before they were good enough to completely replace bows and xbows.

>>53509920
>making fun of American (education, presumably)
>"guns weren't even invented until the late 1800s"
If I facepalmed hard enough for this comment, I'd have to spend the week in the hospital.

My dog knows more world history than this guy.

>>53510347
>I hate to just say "magic", but... magic
Yeah, agreed, but as above that doesn't mean it has to be easy. If the PC's are really committed to their wacky idea, fine. Use it as the basis for an adventure. Hell, there's a million ways this could go... the PC wants to "create life"? "play god"? Not hard to see the thread of a noble pursuit becomes obsession becomes villain thread there. Or have them succeed, but the cat-man-thing is just "not right" and is horribly mutated... or appears physically fine but turns murderous.
>>
>>53510189
>>53510213
>>53510352
Out of curiosity, where do you anons THINK inventions come from?
>>
>>53511690
>where do you anons THINK inventions come from?
America. Yurocucks need to step up their game.
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make metal tools and early blades, with the possibility to upgrade to modern swords as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mud paleolithic fantasy
>B-b-b-but mommy, wrought iron and bronze is scary
Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, cave-loving fantasy, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle swords in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53511705
>thinks hamburgers filled with potato chips counts as an invention
prime example of amerifat
>>
File: 1486483465789.jpg (78KB, 736x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1486483465789.jpg
78KB, 736x1039px
I enjoy firearms greatly in warhammer fantasy roleplay, however i can understand why you wouldn't want players to try and introduce them into fantasy games where none exist since before.
>>
>>53511049
>>53511083
>>53511316
All just joking around at this point, but I honestly believe the "If your PC's approach you with a plan to _____, go along with it" philosophy. If your PC's are passionate about something, find a way to make it work for you. They'll feel like they have control over their little world (which is the whole reason they are playing paper and not a CRPG), and you get some of the burden lifted off you as a DM since the PC's are feeding you adventure ideas.

If they're just doing it to be munchkins, then yeah, of course tell them no. But if it's something they're actually interested in and that they think is cool, let em have their moment. It's a setting with magic, nothing is totally out of the question. And if they have to travel half way around the world, make deals with demons or liches, swear their services to a foreign king and who knows what else to get the materials to realize their dream, so much the better.
>>
>>53511705
I kniw you are trying your beat right now but you need to forge some better quality trolling. After all, americans didn't even invent wheels on their own.
>>
>>53511807
>After all, americans didn't even invent wheels on their own.
Very true.
>>
>>53511769
I get what you're saying, but OP isn't talking about suddenly dropping gunpowder on the whole setting... it's about the PC's getting a special power that nobody else in the setting has. It's not mechanically all that different from having them go to the Mountain of Badness and bringing back the Sword of Plus Things. The peasants will still be in awe. The nobles will still be suspicious. It will still help them slay gribblies.
>>
>>53509906
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Mattel Toy" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. M-16's deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself bought a M-16 at a gun show for $1,350 (That's about 1100 5.56x45mm rounds) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. Even solid slabs of steel are perforated by my M-16.

M-16's are built from the best composits and aliumnium and forged up to a million times to produce the best rifle known to mankind.

M-16's are thrice as powerful than AK-74's and thrice as accruate too. Anything that can be shot by a AK-74 an M-16 can do better. I'm pretty sure a M-16 can penetrate through a knight wearing full plate with just a single trigger pull.

Ever wonder why the Soviets never invaded the United States? That's right thay were too scared of the U.S. soldiers and their Black Rifles. Even in the Vietnam War the North Vietnamese targeted the soldiers with M-16's first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? M-16's are simply the best rifle the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for M-16's.

Cost $950

Rate of fire 900 rounds per minute

Magazine size 20,30 or 100 rounds

range 440 yards

bullet speed 3,282 feet per second

Weight 7.2 pounds

bullet 5.56x45mm M855 Light Armor Piercing (Ignores armor saves and tumbles causing incapation wounds)

Now thats seems a lot more representive of the firepower of the M-16 in real life don't you think?

tl;dl = M-16 need to do more damage in the d20 system, see my new stat block.
>>
>>53511804
You touch on this a bit, but as a DM it really is all about attitude. If you want a shiny for your character, I have to question why you want it before I know whether I'm making a mistake by allowing it.

If you're expressing a campaign wish, "I'd love to play in a world were guns exist alongside normal fantasy, is that something we can do?" Then I'm almost always going to say yes unless I have very good reasons to say no, and I'll just tell you those reasons.

That might seem weird to players who have never DMed, since the first request is limited to their character, but the actual changes being made by the DM are identical. In the 2nd case, I feel like some amount of effort to integrate things is forthcoming, the player is adding to my load but might share.
>>
File: wtf-nam.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-nam.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>53511893
I can see a lot of effort went in to this post, I'm just struggling to understand why.
>>
>>53511893
M-16's are gay.
>>
>>53511927
>it really is all about attitude
100% agree. I'm ok with it as a character thing or as a broader adventure thing, in general. It's just that, if it's focused on one character, they need to understand they'll be making sacrifices elsewhere to get the shiny they want. It's no different from the character that wants to keep the Super Excalibur Sword the party found on the last adventure... they can do it, but there's gonna be some tradeoffs.
>>
>>53511690
From King Steve
>>
>>53509952
>Your drug-fueled Nipponese nightmares aren't fantasy.
It's literally got the word "fantasy" in the title, Anon.

And (slightly) less sarcastically, contains:
>Heroes on quests
>Chosen ones
>Thief with heart of gold
>Baddie destroying the world
>Wandering royalty
>Every other fantasy trope you've ever heard of
>>
File: king-steve.jpg (21KB, 346x268px) Image search: [Google]
king-steve.jpg
21KB, 346x268px
>>53512102
>From King Steve
>>
>>53511690
Well, when a daddy invention and a mommy invention love each other very much...
>>
>>53510213
>It's a tube of metal stuffed with gunpowder, how hard could it be?

Why haven't you started making guns in your garage? I mean, it's just tubes and gunpowder, right? So get to it already.
>>
>>53512459
Serves no utility to my lifestyle.
>>
>>53512475
Neither does shitposting on the internet, and yet here we are.
>>
>>53512459
there is a culture of homemade guns in my country, but most of them really suck ass and are mostly for show

their intended war time use was to kill some one with a real gun, then take that one
>>
File: what-are-motorcycles-made-of.jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what-are-motorcycles-made-of.jpg
99KB, 640x360px
>>53512459
I mean, if you've got tubes, why not just make a motorcycle?
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make mecha and early ride armors, with the possibility to upgrade to super robots as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mommy, i dont believe in spiral power

TL/DR, if you can't handle mecha in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
If your users approach you with plans to copypasta, with the possibility to upgrade to a full-on trolling attempt continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:
>>B-b-b-but muh shitposting
>>B-b-b-but mud traditional games board
>>B-b-b-but mommy, it's against the rules
Shut up. You shouldn't be a board. Your users are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, elf-loving board, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be a board - just merge with one of the existing boards, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR if you can't handle copypasta every now and then you shouldn't be a board
>>
If your players approach you with plans to establish socialism, with the possibility to upgrade to full-on communisn, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:
>>B-b-b-but muh capitalism
>>B-b-b-but mud large paycheck
>>B-b-b-but mommy, every country that practices communism becomes shit
Shut up. You shouldn't be a DM. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, elf-loving game, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DM'ing- just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR if you can't handle socialism you shouldn't be a DM
>>
>>53509906
No.
If they don't like it they can leave.
>>
>>53509920
>late 1800s
this is better bait than OP, thanks for the hearty laugh
>>
In fantasy you should be able to build guns, and bombs, and helicopters and tanks does anyone disagree?
>>
>>53509920
>They weren't even invented until the late 1800s
>you will never fight in an American Revolutionary war fought only with bows, arrows and melee weapons.
>>
>>53512636
>>53514496
>>53514608
It was funny the first two or three times, but c'mon. This is just lazy.

>>53514790
>>53515052
Probably bait. Probably. But don't doubt for a moment that someone that ignorant is actually out there somewhere, posting anonymously.
>>
>>53515679
>But don't doubt for a moment that someone that ignorant is actually out there somewhere, posting anonymously
What a scary thought. Could you imagine a whole website devoted to that concept?
>>
>>53516086
Truly horrifying.
>>
>>53509906
lol
>>
>>53510175
I'll have you know I identify as a mid-1880s steam locomotive and you should check your privRAILege
>>
>>53509906
But guns are already in my campaign, I offered my players the ability to get them but they declined.
>>
>>53517140
So give them to the NPC's?
>>
>>53511753
Brb, revolutionizing telecommunications AGAIN.
>>
>>53510292
agreed. usually. It's a bummer to see /tg/ falling for it so much these days, when only a few years ago this shit would be politely ignored and swiftly derailed into coherent discussion on entirely different topics.

RIP "The Only Board You Ever Need"
>>
>>53518190
There's no reason for for them to fight anyone with them yet though. Right now they're raiding tombs.

Unless you want dwarven mummies to attack the PCs with his multi-milennium old wheel locks.
>>
>>53509906

Balance was thrown out the window the moment wizards hit level 8. Why not let the ranger have a little bit of fun?
>>
>>53518503
>they call him "Valkyrie"
>Hunted for killing over seventy men in duels, shootouts, and general banditry, The Valkyrie gained infamy for his last stand where he murdered 37 guards, wounded 87 guards and civilians, and caused property damage in excess of 100,00 gold wielding an alchemically powered gatling gun
>Not satisfied with a single life cut short, his body was shipped to the far east by the members of his former gang
>Clerics of ancient and evil gods pulled every bullet from his shredded body and used them along with wrappings from centuries dead kings to embalm him
>Now he roams the wastes carrying his favorite gun firing down anyone with the misfortune to cross his path using the bandoleers wrapping his cursed body
>>
File: lkn;lkgasn.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lkn;lkgasn.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>53510137
>/tg/ is getting flooded by quests and generals
>Let's get rid of quests to bring quality back
>/tg/ is now filled with shitposts, generals, and fkin' copypastas
>Quality
>>
>>53510653
Nothing like over-compensating for having a needle dick amirite.
>>
>>53510985
Because Wizards are already walking nuclear reactors.
>>
>>53525783
>He thinks if quests were brought back to /tg/ it would do anything other than drown out what little non-general/quest/shitposting threads there are left
Questfags are so delusional.
Yeah mean if only quests were back all the shitposting would disappear, D&D would be good again, and That Guy would vanish forever.
>>
File: Revengence fox engine.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Revengence fox engine.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>53514870
If I can cut guns, bombs, tanks and helicopters with my sword or blow them out of the sky with magic just as easily as they can shoot me then I have no problem with that
The only problem I have with guns in any game is when they are made more powerful than every other option the characters would have for combat
>>
>>53510653
>I can own those guns, you can't.
Uh, no you can't. The government would never trust you with them.
>>
>>53510626
>You do know that Giradoni air rifles have a really big part in American history?
Nigga, they have almost zero part in American history.
>>
>>53509906
>you have NO right to refuse them
My table, my rules. Now go fuck yourself, troll.
>>
>>53514870
Depends on how weird your group wants to get.
>>
Enjoying this new pasta, honestly.
>>
>>53509949
>>53511678
>>53514790
>>53515052
He means "semi automatic".
All firearms until 1800s shot one bullet at the time, or many at once. Before you had to reload.
You don't call flintlock pistols "guns".
>>
>>53526091
>You don't call flintlock pistols "guns".
Yeah you do.
>>
>>53526091
The word "gun" has etymological roots dating back to the 14th century
>>
>>53509906
I have every right. My table, my law. They don't like it, fuck em.
>>
>>53526366
If anons approach you with plans to make fresh pasta and bait, with the possibility to upgrade to unadulterated shitposting as the thread continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh discussion
>B-b-b-but mud online community
>B-b-b-but mommy, I can't stop taking the bait

Shut up. You shouldn't be posting. Anons are trying to make something fun out of your generic, pretentious board, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be posting - just give your 4chan pass to one of the anons, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle shitposting on this board, you shouldn't be a poster.
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (52KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
52KB, 952x500px
>>53526091

Yes, you fucking do, retard.
>>
>>53526213
>>53526358
>>53526518
Not in everyday speech.
My point is, if you say "my settings have guns", every would assume post flintlock technology.
Otherwise you'd imply something mores specific.

I believe
>>53509920
Interpreted OP as saying IF your setting had flintlock pistols, you can't tell your players that they can't upgrade to revolvers as the game goes on.
>that's what I did first
Not that that "guns" didn't exist pre-1800.

It's all a big misunderstanding.
OP Is still bait.
>>
>>53525783
This is what happens when you remove competition for posts.
The shittier posts rise to the top.

I mean, is it any surprise? The primary lobbyists against quests were shitposters who wanted more room for their shitpost threads.
>>
>>53527109
>Not in everyday speech.
If I showed a flintlock to my friend and said,"this is a gun,"They will not say,"Not in everyday speech." They will agree with me.
>>53527109
>I believe
>>>53509920
>Interpreted OP as saying IF your setting had flintlock pistols, you can't tell your players that they can't upgrade to revolvers as the game goes on.
No, it's just bait. Besides, that's a wrong interpretation.
>>
>>53511674
We can do anything.
>>
>>53526091
You don't? What the heck are they, trebuchets?

>>53527109
>Not in everyday speech.
I get what you're saying, but that's not really an excuse. Sure, if we were playing a word association game, and I said "gun", a flintlock wouldn't be the first thing you'd think of. A Model T probably isn't the first "car" you think of either. That doesn't mean a flintlock isn't a subtype of gun.

I'm not sure why anyone's trying to defend this. >>53509920 said:
>[guns] weren't even invented until the late 1800s, why would they be in medieval fantasy?
That's ludicrous. It's not even in the vicinity of historical accuracy. The LATE 1800's? By that point, we'd had guns for half a millenium, repeating weapons for more than a century, semi-automatics were becoming widely available, and early machineguns were redefining warfare.

The average hollywood film producer knows more history than this guy.
>>
If your players approach you with plans to make katana (that's the term for Samurai swords) and cut slabs of solid steel with the possibility to upgrade to bisect knights as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but mud western fantasy
>B-b-b-but mommy, iaido make me scared

Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your generic, longsword-loving fantasy, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle katana in fantasy settings, you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>53509906
Easy. I don't play with faggots like you.
>>
My DM created thunder shotguns. They're sawed off shotguns powered by magical crystals, that eject buckshot/shrapnel. If it hits, it's gonna hit hard. He introduced it as the Dmnpc's main weapons. Expensive to build, meaning we'd have to work quite hard to get ones of our own.
>>
>>53527109
>My point is, if you say "my settings have guns", every would assume post flintlock technology.
>Otherwise you'd imply something mores specific.

So you're just too fucking stupid the grasp the concept of someone using words based on what they mean, instead of based upon your own, very personal idea of what they mean.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.