[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I play an evil asshole without being That Guy. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_o1beg97NQg1v5lgvvo1_1280.jpg (361KB, 1280x978px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1beg97NQg1v5lgvvo1_1280.jpg
361KB, 1280x978px
How do I play an evil asshole without being That Guy. I just want to be the guy who does shady shit for his friends and is willing to knife a fucker in their sleep rather than letting my friend duel them.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>53508253
>How do I play an evil asshole without being That Guy
>>
>>53508253
I don't understand.
Just play chaos - something?
>>
>>53508253
Depends. In any game that isn't DnD, just give your character that kind of personality. In DnD, it depends entirely on your GM.

I think my favourite combo ever when it came to alignment interpretation was the guy who said that if you're willing to ever do anything evil ever, you have an evil alignment, and if you have an evil alignment, you have to do evil shit all the time.
>>
Be an italian gangster stereotype. I'm serious.
>>
>>53508253
whats the story behind the source picture? some martyrdom? a peasant revolt?
>>
File: 958.png (297KB, 940x800px) Image search: [Google]
958.png
297KB, 940x800px
>>53508253
>evil
Why?
>>
>>53508253
Friend of mine is playing a cleric of mammon. Basically playing a joo. Its going well so far I'm waiting for him to start charging us for buffs
>>
>>53508253
>have goals
>pursue without remorse
>be a chill bro the rest of the time
>if all else fails, be indispensable to the Party

That last one is very important. No matter what heinous shit you do, keep it manageable, keep it professional, and keep being better at it than anyone else in the party to the point where they HAVE to bring you along adventuring.
>>
>>53508253
Make a personal philosophy to justify your actions and learn to argue it. So if you get called out, you can roleplay out why you did it other then being an asshole.
>>
>>53508626
>No matter what heinous shit you do, keep it manageable, keep it professional, and keep being better at it than anyone else in the party to the point where they HAVE to bring you along adventuring.
This describes too many of my characters... Maybe I should rethink my life...
>>
File: 1485560112954.jpg (233KB, 600x3041px) Image search: [Google]
1485560112954.jpg
233KB, 600x3041px
>>53508253
1- don't be a dick to the PCs. Tou might get murderhobo'd if you are
2- don't attack the party. Seriously, don't do it. Usually you are looking at a 1 v 3
3- don't betray the party. I don't think you would like them if they kill you off and leave your corpse as food for the dogs.
4- don't steal from your murderhobos. If you value your testicles, that is.
5- do not romance the murderhobos. Do not stick your dick in crazy. You will die.
6- do not harm NPCs murderhobos like having around. You will regret it.
>>
>>53508253
You're describing the RIGHT way to play an evil character. Like the Punisher.

You're the guy who is willing to cut off fingers and threaten families in order to get shit done. Your friends are your FRIENDS, and barring the most exceptional of circumstances you would never do anything to hurt or anger the people you regularly accompany deep underground without witnesses. They're the reason you get loot and survive the return trip. Stabbing them in the back is NEVER good value. Continuing to gain levels and treasure is ALWAYS good value. Never bite the hand that feeds.

Now, how to do this and still play evil? Make the morally wrong decision to benefit the party. The bad guy surrenders and talks to save his life? Ace him anyway, or put out his eyes and leave him in the woods. Paladin stuck on the hero's dilemma? Distract that intelligence dump fellow and make the hard choice for him. Your first solution to a political rival is stab him in his sleep.

Just be ruthlessly pragmatic. You're not twirling your mustache, you're using the expedient problem with no regard for hurting people not on your team.
>>
>>53508253
Sounds like you got it figured out already, OP. Be a total bro to the party, and don't be afraid to get shit done to further your and the teams goals, even if you have to go to levels that some pansies consider "extreme"
>>
>I just want to be the guy who does shady shit for his friends and is willing to knife a fucker in their sleep rather than letting my friend duel them.

I mean you're not really an evil asshole if both your examples involve trying to help your friends.

Maybe thats your problem. Just dont play an evil asshole.
>>
>>53508253
>wanting to play an evil asshole
Start GMing.
>>
It looks like you have it down except for the asshole part.
>>
>>53508253
>How do I play an evil asshole without being That Guy.
Be a total prick who genuinely cares for his friends and is loyal to the party. It's my favourite character type to play.
>>
>>53508924
>The Punisher
>evil
>>
>>53508253
Plan Punisher will work solidly, but another option exists. It starts and ends with the words 'it wasn't in the contract'. Adventuring is a business, you party are your coworkers and main resource to be treated as such. Everyone else is a gold tree that needs a good shaking. You didn't ask for your princess back in one piece, she shouldn't have back talked. Your bandit problem is now my first level fighter army. every piece of gold is another moment of life from better gear and items. Why do you do this? A king owns the land, but an adventurer owns the power of action.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.