[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death: Monster General /kdm/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 50

File: Dcih020.jpg (227KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dcih020.jpg
227KB, 1706x960px
Old thread is dead, but we learned some things along the way or something, I dunno.
Thread Topic: Poots business mentality and the continued discussion of who is best girl. Or whatever the fuck you wanna talk about, I'm not your dad.

>What's Kingdom Death: Monster?
Billed as a "Boutique Nightmare Horror board game" it's one part monster hunting, one part survival building in a horror world filled with tons of boobs and penises in places where neither a boob nor a penis should be
>How do I play it?
Unless you already have it, or managed to get in on the recent kickstarter, on Table Top Simulator.

This is not a very good general starter post.

But, continuing a question from last time, any things you're hoping for a reprint of? For me, either Storm Knight or the White Lion Knights.
>>
Dark paladin badly needs to be reprinted
>>
>>53504383
The core game because I missed the kickstarter
Dragon King obviously
Also thief and ringtail vixen.
>>
>>53505221
That's fair, I made the thread and I missed the KS as well, I just buy the minis to paint them for when I can get the core
>>
>>53504383
>any things you're hoping for a reprint of?
Ringtail Vixen, Skirt Necromancer, Thief, Mage.
>>
When do you reckon the first wave of KS stuff will ship? Very very hype for my copy.
>>
>>53505837
Last update said around end of august so hopefully in September. I'm super excited.
>>
>>53504383
Skirt Knight and Necro, Thief, Mage, Lion Knights, Dark Paladin, Storm Knight, Ranger.
>>
I haven't been following these threads for a while, but has anyone been scanning recent books/cards into PDF?
>>
>>53505837
>He doesn't read the updates.
Here I'll spoonfeed you just this once.
KDM 1.5 Production Update

Estimated Wave 1 Fulfillment Start: End of August 2017.

Plastic production for the core game and update pack was finished as of April 2017 and we have approved the paper assets for production!
>>
>>53505861
>>53505886
Thanks lads, any pointers on where I can find good painting tutorials that don't shill for Citadel? Never held a brush in my life and I don't want to mess anything up. Got some Arcadia Quest and War of the Ring stuff I can use
>>
>>53505964
There's the warhams Daily Dunc. He's actually solid for painting advice.
There's a tutorial on Vibrant Lantern for doing the marble stone style.
Maybe check out Angel Giraldez he's the Infinity chief painter and does very good skin tones but he also uses an airbrush.
Other than that you can just google studio painters online. I remember checking out the guy who did all the Retribution stuff for PP and he does work with a lot of different paints and styles. Very interesting.
>>
>>53506050
Seconding this. Duncan's a meme, but its because he teaches practical, good techniques.
>>
Thank you! I'll make a note to check that stuff out. I really like the marble style, seems to fit the aesthetic really nicely, not sure if I want to commit to it though since I'm getting a few expansions and I'm not sure if it would get boring after a while.
>>
>>53504383
The pinup gladiator and the easter model. Had no money when those were out
>>
are we getting somethig lewd on valentines :3c
>>
Interesting picture, does the game have a website?
Do you have a backlink to the last thread?
>>
File: pulled open rectum.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pulled open rectum.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
It's a collective secret. You awake in the dark, naked, with only a glowing Google search...
>>
>>53507984
Comment meant for >>53507901
>>
File: best boy.jpg (60KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
60KB, 900x600px
>>53504383
This guy
>>
>>53505964
DEFINITELY go for the marble.

i have painted for years and even i am considering it because it just looks fucking amazing and doesnt require much time.

if not. well i have like 4 months to learn how to blend. currently looking for beginner blend tutorials.
>>
>>53508035
I fucking wish, Forsaker's mini is so cool, especially compared to things like the Butcher and King's Man which are so static and lifeless.
>>
File: Ranger-art_1024x1024[1].png (667KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger-art_1024x1024[1].png
667KB, 996x600px
C-cute.
>>
File: 1446194587873.png (704KB, 765x513px) Image search: [Google]
1446194587873.png
704KB, 765x513px
>Only ever catch when new models go on sale to see them all sold out

I'll never fill out my fantasy party with thicc loklmanlam girls at this rate
>>
It was my birthday yesterday so I spent 2 days playing KDM with friends on a new Vanilla campaign.

Wiped on our first or second year white lion, got super lucky on the butcher with rolls despite it.

Murder happened two times, and was setting itself up for a third to kill my Fist & Tooth survivor. He randomly got Monster Claw Style and I wasn't about to let him get XP.

Dark Dentist was drawn and we had two Iron, so my dream of having a FnT fighter with Monster Claw and Metal Jaw finally happened to me. +1 Acc +1Str Savage Sharp Fist&Tooth!

We managed to get gear to take on a Phoenix on the year before the murder, sending a fodder in to get aged and take the murder. Murder set itself up AGAIN for two years later this time, so we'll need to secure another fodder.
>>
>>53509436
We are still afraid of the Phoenix because we don´t know how to really fight him.
We just chicken out and fight Lv 2 Lions all the time.
>>
>>53509436
>Chaining murders
Your survivors need to start fucking like bunnies and get their society principle.

>>53509752
>We are still afraid of the Phoenix because we don´t know how to really fight him.
>We just chicken out and fight Lv 2 Lions all the time.
I know the feeling. Time Chicken can fuck you up hardcore, especially if you Cat's Eye/Rawhide badly and it starts spamming the fuck out of its Eye of the Storm moves.

Beyond the generic advice of "Use your cat's eye circlet and Rawhide Headband, surge tactically to knock out powerful cards, and dash-cancel moves where possible", here are some tips.

More than the other hunts, the Phoenix is a damage race: It's rocking a lot of incidental bleed and armor destruction so armor only helps you so much, and it will basic action every turn to layer more hurt on you.

>Don't go against it without full survival actions.
>Having 5+ Survival is also fairly important, be prepared to burn through it.
>Do go against it with some crazy motherfuckers. The folks who can't hunt antelopes anymore because they are too fucking crazy. There is a lot of Rewind so best to have attackers with 0 age tokens
>Watch out for the goddamn aoe and dash out of it when you can.
>Especially the fucking razor wind blast it does every turn.
>If it disdains you're having a bad time.
>Of course, ageless survivors and bandages are both tech.
>>
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK YOU DUMB ASS SHITTING CUNTS

HOW DO I GET THE ANONYMOUS SURVIVOR?
HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO GOOGLE SOMETHING FOR ME?
>>
>>53511324
I think the main problem we have is that we either have too young survivors or too old survivors.
We are just super scared of the Hunt Phase Kid Wipe and/or the Age Shenanigans in the Showdown.
We should just man up and do it.
>>
>>53507817
Valentines is in february.
>>
>>53512264
Sorry it's all sold out, you are late by 4 hours.
>>
>>53512264
I considered ignoring you, but such poor form must be understood properly if it is to not be repeated. In answer to your second question, it is exactly as hard to Google something for you as it is for you to Google that something for yourself. As this is an effort you are evidently unwilling to undertake for your own benefit, and as humans tend to be more willing to put out effort for themselves than for others, it stands to reason that it is not particularly likely that someone else will be willing to shoulder that burden for you, however light or heavy it may be.

Fortunately for you, it brings me satisfaction to answer your question in a snide and condescending manner, so here are the facts: Anonymous Survivor is part of the KDM 1.5 Kickstarter. It's an addon that's expected to ship in one of the last waves, predicted for 2020 though it could of course be sooner (if the design is finished in time for an earlier wave) or later (if inevitable KS delays add up). To get it for yourself, there are a couple options: If you have a KDM 1.5 Pledge, you would have had a chance to add funds for it during the campaign and during the Pledge Manager earlier this year. If you missed it at both opportunities, there might be more Pledge Manager antics later, or there might not be. If you don't have a pledge, you could visit ebay to buy the pledge of someone else or hope for late pledges to become avaliable. If you are incapable of obtaining a pledge, do not want to obtain one, or have a pledge without the Anonymous Survivor and find that the Pledge Manager does not return to grant you another opportunity, you will have to wait for it to become available for retail sale on the KDM web store or possibly at a convention. Since the Anonymous Survivor isn't a crossover it's not a KS exclusive so you're in luck.

In any case, you have to wait a few years, which might be difficult since working a few minutes on a google search or waiting a couple threads enrages you.
>>
>>53505221
Can someone please tell me how the fuck they were retarded enough to miss the Kickstarter. My mind is blown that you didn't ee anything about it.

IT WENT FOR A MONTH AND A HALF

IT HAD A FUCKING FORBES ARTICLE

HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU
>>
>>53505394
>Skirt Necromancer
And Skirt Knight plz
>>
>>53505837
>Very very hype for my copy.
So hype you don't even read the fucking updates.

JFC you people are stupid.
>>
>>53513544
>And Skirt Knight plz
She's a damn great model. I'll hope for that reprint for your sake.
>>
File: laughing elf man.jpg (26KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.jpg
26KB, 252x346px
All the models you have been mentioning in this thread.

All the beautiful miniatures you wish for a recast so you could get the chance to buy them.

All of them.

I own every single one of them.
>>
>>53512264
You mean this girl?
>>
>>53513525
Well for me, it was because I was between a poorfag job and a big boy job, so I was keeping hold of my money like I was Scrooge McDuck. Something that I regret now.
>>
File: 1384834722309.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1384834722309.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>53514128
You motherfucker I hope that you enjoy them very much and are having a good day.
>>
>>53509752
How to Phoenix:
Two sets of rawhide
one set of leather
one set of screaming

After you get Cats Eye Circlet, Catgut Bow, Clawhead Arrow, King Spear, and Ammonia, you stop hunting the White Lion.

Optional items to get IF the specific resources drop are the Frenzy Drink and Whisker Harp. Frenzy Drink is generally only useful early game when you don't have other gear to fill your grid with. The Harp I'm iffy on because most moods are easier to deal with than to just stand around trying to get a 7+ just to discard it.(since as long as a mood is in play, it counts against the monster's remaining health.)

The armorset is a trap, and does not scale into mid-game, much less endgame. Any bonuses you get from it are negated by the ability to safely spam your Survival abilities without spending them.

The Beast Katars are quickly replaced by the easily-obtained Beast Knuckles. The minus-toughness on the Beast Knuckles is much more useful than one luck, as your allies can Surge before monster reactions to benefit from the minus-toughness as well.

The Coat and Headdress are also shite. The two hide from the Mane could have been used to make two pieces of rawhide, or contributed towards Screaming or Leather set pieces. A gear that ONLY adds 1 head armor with no abilities or affinities is awful, and you pay double the resources of a rawhide headband for it. It's also flammable so you're bound to lose it in an event or otherwise catch on fire and die. The coat is even worse, since it's Chest Armor and not an accessory, meaning you interrupt armorset bonus. Damage mitigation is great in idea but not worth trading set bonuses for. It's also Heavy AND Flammable, so it can get you killed in even more ways.

Catfang Knife is so inaccessible it's never really worth considering, especially considering how much easier it is to get Scrap or Lantern daggers.
>>
>>53512264
Anonymous Survivor will not be release for at least a year if not longer, man.

I'll be receiving extra copies and likely will do some giveaways on /tg/ for a few of them when that time comes.

>>53514128
Hey got an extra skirted Necromancer? :^)
>>
>>53514996
>Catfang Knife is so inaccessible it's never really worth considering
This is one of the biggest things to change if you get Beast of Sorrow, though. Beast is probably the best resource farm in the game, so you'll be hunting it even if you don't need lion specific resources, for how well it powers folks up and even potentially enables the Lantern set in a timely manner. Since it gives Lion 3 rewards, it tosses you the Elder Cat Teeth every time, at which point the Cat Fang Knife is actually a moderately viable weapon. It's still a dagger, but as daggers go I'll take it.
>>
what kind of 4 player houserules do you use?

i was thinking of giving everyone a veto token at the start and after every nemesis fight. normally we decide/vote together what we do on things like normally. but you can use your veto token to decide something you feel a lot about.

also all resources and endeavors get assigned to players. you can all decide together normally. but you have the last say on what your resources will be used for.
>>
>>53515194
How doable is the Beast of Sorrow?
We did get the Event to be able to hunt it.
Currently doing pretty okay on Level 2 Lions.
>>
>>53515090
EKOI PLEASE HELP US

can you ask poots how he decides on certain re-releases of resin models. and if we have any chance on stuff like the thief and other amazing sculpts.

we really need some kind of info about this at least.
>>
>>53515276
Beast of Sorrow is the lion's standard "Murder it from the blind spot" fight turned up to eleven. From the blind spot it's toughness is a rather pathetic 9 (though the 14 in other directions is... less friendly). It doesn't have a ton of cards to work through and doesn't have the sick +speed and +damage that you'll see on higher level monsters. In fact, I'd say the only reason it's not just a level 2 replacement is because it's Level 4 -- an empty fact as its setup goes, but that means any monster level effect is at 4. Beast of Sorrow's grab is LETHAL, don't let it run you over like a normal lion, and its intimidates aren't the breather that they are on level 1/2 lions.

The other worst thing is its hunt. If it moves backwards before moving forward, you starve. I'm pretty sure 1.5 doesn't let monsters escape the hunt track (you suffer starvation and keep hunting?) but for now you do run a moderate risk of getting zonked and even if you don't that's a lot of events to chew through.

Best thing is to trip the cub on the first event and get it to attack you, enraged or no.
>>
>>53515253
You can try to get Pictographs early to unlock Run Away, which basically acts like a veto. Don't want to risk dying to a hunt event or showdown taking its tole? "Fuck this shit, I'm out." Run Away is shockingly powerful, you can use it to toss a nemesis fight without having to outright sacrifice survivors. (death only happening when you roll a 1)
>>
>>53514016
>>
>>53515287
I don't have direct influence on his projects. I'm more of a guest director.

I'll pitch the idea of doing a QnA session sometime. Nothing guaranteed to come from it, mind you.

Here, have a titty elf that my friend drew for me as a birthday gift.
>>
>>53514128
If you assemble and paint them, good for you.

If you leave them in the boxes, fuck you.

If you are saving them to scalp them later I hope your flesh is rended from your bones by an angry White Lion.
>>
>>53514996
>The armorset is a trap, and does not scale into mid-game, much less endgame. Any bonuses you get from it are negated by the ability to safely spam your Survival abilities without spending them.
Any word on whether 1.5 has any WL armorset changes? Even removing heavy would make it more viable.
>>
>>53515287
>EKOI PLEASE HELP US
Jesus Christ don't summon that dumbass.
>>
>>53504383
Reprint of the King

I want to display that majestic fuck
>>
>>53515673
well i know you dont have any say in anything at all.

its just that i know that he will actually communicate with you. so i was hoping we could get some info on resin sculpts
>>
>>53505394
>Thief
>Weaponsmith
>Ranger
>Gladiator
>Warlords (M and F)
>Necromancer
>Knight

Bros. It's not fair. Poots is a multi millionaire. He holds the record for highest funded board game on Kickstarter by quite a significant margin. So why must all this great new content still be regulated to incredibly restrictive runs of only 500? Surely Poots has the capital to increase production, no? Even if he wants to do limited runs, why not 1000? Or 2000? I want to throw more money at him, but with how cut throat the demand for these models has become, it's like you need to be subscribed to the KD:M newsletter and log in like a bat out of hell to secure what you want without a moments hesitation. I understand Poots is super busy with the new expansions and what not, but hopefully he uses some of this new capital to upgrade his production lines.

I just want to give you more money Poots. Why do you hate me?
>>
>>53515673
ekoi

please just show poots this fucking shit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Monster-Necromancer-Resin-First-Run-495-500-/252864721846

and have him print some more
>>
>>53515945
The basic answer to why is that Resin has a pretty shit economy of scale and warehousing is expensive. He made 12 million (minus KS's take) all at once and has to use it to develop, produce, and deliver his four-year mission of KDM 1.5. Presumably he's actually making some profit this time (he nearly bankrupted himself with 1.0) So we don't really know how much non-earmarked capital Poots has. In essence, Poots, like any business, doesn't want to overproduce his product, and Price Is Right rules essentially apply: Ideal is getting as close to actual demand as he can guess without going over.

Now, he could probably increase runs to a thousand or 2k like you say, or do more frequent reprints, since the 1.5 KS drove demand WAY up. I remember a time when I could sleep on a limited release and find the last few hanging out in the morning. I couldn't be at the fucking movies friday when the e-mail went out and snag Ringtail when I got home. That's some crazy demand, maybe demand that should incline him towards 1k runs?

But frequent (and random) encores might be better for him. Since Resin and its cheap, disposable molds doesn't really get any cheaper at economy of scale it's fairly efficient for him to print in small batches, as opposed to plastic where you want a large order to pay off the overhead of the expensive but durable molds.

I'd like to see more encores, but I think it would be a little foolhardy to assume that more than "more encores" would be good for him unless resin casting tech improves in the next couple of years to make print-on-demand economically viable.
>>
>>53516169
maybe he should just do a kickstarter with msrp prices for all resin stuff.
>>
>>53516757
That would be cool, wouldn't it? It's probably not going to happen at LEAST until KDM 1.5 is fully delivered, though, and then we're more likely to get Labyrinth or Titan.

Which I'm totally cool with, I'm actually really eager to see Titan at the very least.
>>
>>53517109
Kickstarter isn't practical to fuck with at this time again just for the KD store.

Other venues for pre-order have been and are continued to be explored. I'll have to try to ask him more about the logistics for the current model KD store model production to better setup a proposal for such new infrastructure.
>>
The alternative is Poots sees that and just raises his price to $50.

If the market will pay it, why not?
>>
File: 1362569941506.jpg (103KB, 500x995px) Image search: [Google]
1362569941506.jpg
103KB, 500x995px
>>53504383
Is there a pdf floating around someplace with all the rules and uploaded images of the cards / tokens? Its not worth for me to buy the models as nice as they are but i would like to play the game.
>>
>>53518652
There used to be, but I don't know what became of it sadly. Anyone else got anything?
>>
So of all the oncoming expansions/add ons, which ones are you guys looking forward to the most? For me it's probably the Pathfinder Minis and the Silver City
>>
>>53515415

Doesn't failing a nemesis fight trigger a game over, though?
>>
>>53520398
nope, most are not even that bad to lose against
>>
>>53520398
Only in the Sunstalker campaign. And that's a special circumstance; you don't get any nemeses in that campaign until the last 5 years, which becomes a nonstop boss rush of them.
>>
>>53520284
I'm pretty stoked for Frogdog especially since i refuse to buy prolapsed anus baby
>>
>>53520284
Inverted Mountain Campaign = As expensive as 2 KDM boxes and absolutely massive and packed with content. Also it's being developed by Anna who's the best KDM developer. Also multiple short campaigns (BK + red waifus)

Campaigns of Death = New Story Events and new campaigns? Yes please.

Abyssal Woods = Short Campaigns (as witches!) Long campaign. More content than you can shake a stick at.

Silver city looks alright but you still have to fight the shitty Lion God at the end.
>>
>>53521071
Isn't Lion God getting a rework too?
>>
>>53521168
lol no?

It's just moved to a last tier 3 style boss. If the Lion God got reworked it would mean he'd have to send/sell a update to everyone who already has it.
Silver City is literally a "Make the Lion God not shit by tacking on another $65 xpac". Combined it's $100+ dollars to potentially make a shit quarry into something more interesting. I would assume there's cards for the "Final Boss Lion" but wouldn't expect much else for it.
>>
>>53513560
Just lazy, no need to bring a negative attitude to this nice thread my friend
>>
>>53508779
Whoever the artist is, he's channelling Yasuda pretty hard right now.
>>
>>53523107
Lokman has some pretty identifiable inspirations, especially in that image.
>>
>>53523504
I don't like it when he polishes his art to be Artstation(tm) tier, looks uncanny valley at times.
>>
Ordered a mini from the website on Saturday, any idea when the order processes and ships?
>>
>>53525151
Poots Time: however long it takes for you to worry about its lateness.
>>
>>53525893
I wonder what expedited Poots Time is like.
>>
>>53526479
>expedited Poots Time
It arrives right *before* your general "is it late?" anxiety morphs into serious concern
>>
>>53527346
Nice. Looking forward to my old man mini.
>>
>>53520284
I'm somewhat biased.

Otherwise, Abyssal Forest seems really fun. Great thematics to it.
>>
>>53518652
Fuck off.
>>
>>53519190
Go to hell.
>>
>>53521029
Which is a awesome way to end a campaign. I want to try doing something similar for people of the lantern
>>
>>53522835
You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>53527804
Holy shit fuck off you showboating pervert.
>>
>>53527890
>>53527899
>>53528024
>>53528041
You doing okay, guy(s)?
>>
>>53528303
what the hell just happened there anyway.

>>53527804
about the resins.

i just want more info from poots about them. just something to confirm we shouldnt be buying stuff from scalpers, something like:
yeah guys i am totally gonna reprint everything thats out of stock at some point
>>
>>53528754
Poots is a bit of a fag aobut that stuff desu.

He even shot down his own wife during the KS when Anna begged people to pledge responsibly because everything would be available at a later date.
Poots literally REE'd and retracted the statement immediately.
So yea, chances are he doesn't really give a fuck. Your best bet is to start hounding him with emails and bitching at him face to face at gencon or whatever.
>>
>>53528833
To be fair, she was incorrect with the statement and idiots, being idiots, will read "everything" as "EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THINGS WE SAID WILL BE LIMITED TO KS ONLY" so it was necessary to redact the statement.
>>
>>53528885
>>53528833

i dont get it man.

minis are selling for triple their prices. so obviously he can sell a lot more. even if he increased their price by 5% to get some more cash out of it.

he literally said that selling the resins is what made it possible to finish the first kickstarter. so obviously its one o his main money making points.

also instead of keep making new sculpts he should start reprinting the old ones first.
>>
>>53528937
We don't know the logistics nor contracts there might be behind the resin releases, though.

I don't disagree that it's an issue to be fixed, but you have to understand that it's not something fixed with the snap of his fingers.
>>
File: 1314177311344.jpg (38KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1314177311344.jpg
38KB, 450x338px
I found scans of all the cards from some 2015 upload, is a rule book scanned in 2017 compatible?
>>
Do any of you have a canon of 'legendary' survivors?

In the first game we played my buddys female survivor became the murderer, killed his brothers survivor and turned his skull into a helmet. After that she was the permanent boss of the settlement and carried us well into the end game.

In the newest game I made it a point to get fist and tooth mastery. I figured it would end in failure, but a combination of getting +1 evasion at every milestone where it was available forged the guy into a kung fu master. He stood toe to toe with the manhunter and dodged everything he threw and in the end took his belt for EVEN MORE EVASION. I think most monster couldn't hit him on anything under a 9.
>>
>>53530266

>missed the first kickstarter and refuse to play on tabletop sim until after i played IRL

managed to not spoil a whole lot but i got re-hyped again after the update.
>manage to kinda put it all in the back after 1.5 now 4-5 months later i need to bury the hype again.

watched a few lets plays so i am kinda spoiled up until the year after the butcher.
>>
>>53529068
It should be. There hasn't been a new book published since then, though I think there has been some erata PDFs. Regardless, the book should work fine.
>>
Is there anyone here in the greater Sacramento region who would be interested in playing? I have almost everything for the game, but 90% of it is still boxed up because I have no one to play it with (my normal gaming group decided it was too hardcore for them/they're pussy faggots who can't stand having their characters killed).
>>
Why is the flower knight such a baller?
>>
Why does the King'sman hate pottery so much? Is it because it reminds him of himself, a shell of a former man?
Or is it because of his undying hate for George Lucas, after seeing the prequels?
>>
>>53528937
I'm sure making new sculpts is more fun for him though.
>>
>>53533999
Kings Man = Hayden Christensen confirmed.
>>
>>53528041
Seriously, Ekoi needs to go away and not come back.
>>
>>53529068
No, they won't work together.
>>
>>53507901
kingdomdeath.com is what you're looking for Anon.
>>
>>53534248
ekoi needs to keep coming but interrogate poots more as well
>>
when clinging mists happens and you roll that crit

and you choose to fight the tutorial lion and find a new settlement. you dont actually reset the lantern years right?

seems pretty op to just start with 4 upgraded survivors. so i figured you just keep counting the lantern years
>>
>>53535415
You do go back with the upgraded survivors, starting a new settlement. You lose all your principles, innovations, storage, everything you've built up in however many lantern years except whatever those four minus casualties randos had for stats or were wearing at the time. I believe it starts you with the First Story not the Prologue too. It's one of two ways to New Game+, along with the one you can theoretically manipulate off the Phoenix.

It's normally a boon to new game+ but the second hunt is also fairly powerful -- If you've outgeared the level 1 lion tearing it apart for 8 more resources on top of whatever you normally killed leads to a very fat year. If you're early enough that you aren't confident in taking a Lion 1 (or if the settlement is badly chewed up), well, maybe consider that NG+.
>>
>>53530737

I wouldn't worry too much about being spoiled. You are meant to play the game multiple times after all.
>>
>>53535108
fuck off Ekoi, stop bothering poots with your stupidity.
>>
>>53536040
NG+ is also the only real way to get things like a finished Green Knight Armor set.
>>
>>53537696
or getting Ultimate Weapon early on + pushing final battle schedule with sacrifices
>>
>>53537763
Right now that may let you finish Green Knight, but pulling The Watcher on LY20 is infinitley easier than fighting on 25, much less sacrificing the damn thing back
>>
>>53527933
They do have a version where you can keep going after the lanterns go out, I believe.
>>
File: Dark-Paladin-Art_1024x1024.png (718KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Paladin-Art_1024x1024.png
718KB, 996x600px
Just done a solo game of the first story.
Holy fuck the lion is deadly if he gets his AI card mood in the first fight, almost killed one of my survivors.
>>
>>53538659
Wiping on the prologue lion is uncommon but far from impossible.
>>
>>53538763
Just geared up for the next hunt, spreading out the gear among the first three and a new guy. And as I'm dumb, when the lion deals the damage after hitting lets say once and the attack is a two damage attack, do you roll two random location die?
>>
>>53538911
No, you role location dice for hits not damage
>>
>>53538911
If it hits once for two damage, it deals two damage to a single location.
If that location had three armor, it would be down to 1.
If it had 1 armor, it would lose the armor and have a minor injury.
If it had no armor, it would take a major and be knocked down.
If it had a minor, you take a major, are knocked down, and roll on the severe injuries chart.
If you already HAD a major injury, you roll on the severe injury chart once. You always roll only once regardless of how much a single hit does. It could do 1000000 damage and you'd roll once on the severe chart.
>>
>>53539037
>>53539056
Ah, then I gotten through that fight by the skin of my teeth then. Thanks
>>
File: 1450147601359.jpg (372KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450147601359.jpg
372KB, 1200x700px
>>53513525
>mfw I clinched it at the last 3 days.

feels good.
>>
File: dsfs.jpg (458KB, 532x1022px) Image search: [Google]
dsfs.jpg
458KB, 532x1022px
>>
>>53539826
If memory serves, Soda Pop declared "no exclusives" policy a while ago.
Also CNoM are a bunch of cunts.
>>
Why does it require a bottle of juice to get breeding? With the kind of women present in this world I would imagine there's breeding on a constant basis. How the plane of faces isn't submerged in kids by now I'll never understand
>>
>>53540568
Love Juice isn't required for Intimacy, in fact you generally trigger it by Endeavoring at the Augury.

>>53539826
Nice.

>>53528041
>>53534248
>>53535108
>>53537670
>Poots-senpai, notice me too!
>>
File: Dragon king.jpg (2MB, 2000x1779px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon king.jpg
2MB, 2000x1779px
>>53530737
pretty much in the same boat although iv spoiled myself a little here and there.

speaking of which how do you guys go about assembling your minis? do you generally just build the theme sets and go from there or do you mix and match? especially if you've got a favorite and/or legendary survivor that you want to commerate.
>>
>>53539826
WHAT

I BOUGHT A 9 DOLLAR CATGIRL FOR NOTHING
>>
>>53540980
Well you got a catgirl for $9 which isn't too bad?

Wait, what catgirl? Did I miss it somewhere?
>>
>>53540980
no, you bought a catgirl for 9 dollars.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (86KB, 867x833px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
86KB, 867x833px
>>53541012
>>
>>53540980
>He got >>53541102 for 9 burguers
>He got >>53539826 too
>Whines like the little bit moany bitch he is
You got lucky and you go and throw a bitch fit
>>
>>53539826
>>53539924
Do you think Poots REEEEEEE'd when he saw it wasn't exclusive?

I'm thinking he probably did.
>>
File: just fuck already.jpg (123KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck already.jpg
123KB, 650x700px
>>53540787
or Matchmakers
>>
>>53542299
Why would Poots be upset that his fans don't have to spend $100 to get the model instead of $30? (assuming the RK TL is $30)

If there's a contract where his company makes a royalty on the model's sales, it means more money for him because it becomes several more times accessible to purchase than a KDM needing to buy a RK2 pledgelevel to get it.

In the long run, it's more money for both companies because RK2 has a bad rep due to RK1's rules quality so it's not like people are flocking to it right now.
>>
File: It's Like Pottery.png (173KB, 322x470px) Image search: [Google]
It's Like Pottery.png
173KB, 322x470px
>>53542767
The new Pottery will also be useful for intimacy.
>>
>>53542929
>RK2 has a bad rep due to RK1's quality
Which is kind of a shame as CMON is no longer screwing them like a two-dicked billy goat and they seem to be applying actual effort, but in any case the TK being easier to get does nothing but help all involved.
>>
>>53543248
Love juice is booze confirmed.
>>
>>53545001
And all monsters confirmed to produce booze naturally.
Which is why sometimes they'll murder your ass and sometimes they'll do dumb shit, they're drunk all the time.
>>
>>53504383
>Kingdom Death: Monster General
Through a quick youtube catchup of this game; How the fuck can you have a general for a game that is not only expensive but difficult to find?
>>
>>53546659
You can easily play it via Tabletop Simulator, at very least.
>>
>>53546659
Through the magic of Kickstarter.

Also, less sarcastically, it hasn't been hard to find forever; a good number of copies made it into the wild from the first printing. It's just out of stock right now, and a good chunk (probably most) of the thread's participants are waiting for their copies of the game from the second KS to be delivered.
>>
>>53546695
Well golly, thank you. Ill look into it.

>>53546697
Did I see correctly that they made like 8 mil off kickstarter but still sell the game for $400?
>>
>>53546870
The game weighs 22 pounds and has 60+ hours of gameplay for one playthrough.
>>
>>53546870
It's a 20 pound boardgame, and most of that is from paper products and not the plastic.

It's a ton of content, and that weight and bulk is expensive to ship as well.

Believe it or not, Poots lost a lot money on the first kickstarter and barely was able to recover from it.
>>
>>53546920

Well he did give people basically every expansion for what is comparatively free when weighed against the way the new campaign charges for expansions
>>
>>53543248

>trade acanthus for hide

This is a good change. The screaming antelope with the new rules for its loot payout is looking like a better and better quarry.
>>
>>53546920
What was the first kickstarter like? Promised too many free things not expecting overwhelming donations?
>>
>>53547000
For literally everything it was 300 odd dollars.

The cost of the expansions+base game pretty much quadrupled during production and almost bankrupted him.

He also was originally produce resin minis for the game but it was to expensive/heavy/time consuming so he had to switch to plastic in the middle of things which cost him several hundred thousand dollars.
>>
>>53508985
Sign up for the mailing list, be on high alert as holidays approach, and get one of those add-ons that let you know immediately when a website page has been updated.

You'll get your thicc minis one day, Anon.
>>
>>53547056
A lot of that (and I mean almost all of that) was Poots switching from PVC plastic to HIPS plastic. That, and that alone, could easily have been what blew the budget out of the water.
>>
>>53547089
PVC is shit quality though, so I'm glad for the change.
>>
>>53547089
Not really. He pretty much made the entire game and added 10+ pounds of cards to the box as well.

During the original KS poots had no clue what KDM would even end up being. Hell, the dude was selling 5 packs of kingsmen because he figured it would be like battling a regiment of men at arms or something.
>>
>>53547173
Anon HIPS miniatures cost 4 to 5 times as much to produce as PVC do. PVC needs much less pressure, and therefore the molds can be made with softer steel and lower tolerances and the pieces can be made much larger and thicker as well.

The difference in material is enormous. HIPS demands high strength tool steel, high pressure equipment, and very low tolerances. All that adds up fast.
>>
>>53547237
Yea. So does previously unforseen production costs in terms of cards.

There's more weight in the cards than there is in the models you autismo.
>>
>>53547784
And? Gloomhaven weighs as much as KD:M does including its plastic and it's all cards and cardboard and its MSRP is $140.

The price in KD:M is its minis. You're an idiot if you think anything else.
>>
>>53547812
Gloomhaven cards feel significantly worse material wise compared to the KD ones actually. Also the art and colours are a lot nicer. Printing everything in matte black is also pretty pricey before you factor in the thick cardstock.

In short you're retarded.
>>
what do you guys use to sleeve your cards?

Im torn between the pro 56mm X 87mm cards and the mayday56mm X 87mm cards . iv used pro for my warmachine/guildball cards and I like the product but I don't want to pay out the ass for some 650 cards. mayday has a good deal for 400 or so in one go and I can get the rest piecemeal but I hear the cards slide around like a slip and slide lubed up with astroglide.
>>
>>53547856
I use mayday and they're fine. You usually don't have stacks of 60 odd cards in KD which is when stacks fall over.
Or if you're a hamfisted troglodyte, those types also seem to have tons of issues with sleeves splitting and other shit I've never seen before.

I also use swans for gear.
>>
>>53547839
Right. Because a slightly higher card grade and identical cardstock (2mm in both games, look it up) accounts for $260.

Seriously nigger? We've done this rondo before and you've been blown the fuck out every time. The same quantity and size of HIPS minis as in KD:M in literally any game system in existence would retail for over $400. Either every single HIPS manufacturer is price gouging or you're wrong. That's as simple as it gets; either the entire world is wrong or you are. Pick one.
>>
>>53547906
Your autism is impressive.
>>
File: 1494908725626.png (266KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
1494908725626.png
266KB, 600x691px
>>53546659
I got a hold of scans of all the cards, the rule book, sheets, etc. then i printed them off along with some simple paper craft dolls and im playing for freeeeeeeeeeee

ezpz
>>
>>53515090
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>53539924
>Also CNoM are a bunch of cunts
Seriously, they suck.
>>
>>53546697
I'm starting my 13th campaign this weekend. Trying to figure out something special, I own DK, SS, LK, FK, Sc, SM. Maybe People of the Sun with 5 Slendermen as the final gauntlet?
>>
>>53547839
>In short you're retarded.
+1

Gloomhaven is shit compared to KDM.
>>
>>53547856
Get nicer cards, worth it.>>53548218
pro and FFG are both good.
>>
>>53549700
Legendary Monsters in the gauntlet perhaps?
>>
>>53548218
HAHAHAHA.

You should seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>53549722
Oh, that's a great idea. I've never even done the Thousand Eyed King.
>>
>>53548662
Seriously, one loser manages to get his weird fetish shit elevated and suddenly he thinks his opinion matters.

Fucking hate that cunt.
>>
>>53549722
Lv.3 DBK 4 times and then Old Master. You will be pounded into shit paste no matter what.
>>
>>53549773
Oh, you. It wouldn't be a KDM thread without your obvious same fagging and shit posting, desperate to feel important yourself. I think you're pretty funny anon, don't you worry. Keep it up.
>>
>>53549738
I'll put it all up on the internet in a easy printable package if you don't relax kid, im a mushroom cloud mother fucker mother fucker.
>>
>>53540940
i am still not sure if i want magnetize literally everything
>>
>>53542767
wait

is the girl being cucked here or is she preparing herself to receive the flowers?

i am not sure what i am supposed to be seeing in the picture
>>
>>53547856
i backed the mage kickstarter for satan

now i am just hoping those bums manage to deliver before poots. they are already late by a month.
>>
>>53548662
>>53549773
>autism

i like ekoi. he manages to get us some exclusive info from poots himself.
>>
>>53550722
She's pushing him towards the woman he desires. She's playing the matchmaker.
>>
>>53550764
ooh. duh.

>not wanting to match that genki matchmaker
shit taste.
>>
>>53547812
Gloomhaven doesnt have any replayabilty once you ve opened every letter and know the story
You cant have multiple campaign running at once
>>
I almost got buyers remorse the past month.

but jesus christ one tiny update and i am craaaaving for more.
watching all the letsplays.
browsing the shop for the resin minis that will never be released again (rip)
still managed to not watch anything past the butcher or read the entire rules section.

only thing i kind of regretted not getting are the spring dice. and i am still fucking buttmad i couldnt get those in the kickstarter. since i actually bought an additional dice set from it.
>>
>>53553263
i really feel like that at least he should have the Easter and spring dice in stock.
those are selling for 40 bucks now as well
>>
>>53550781
Not everyone is selfish. Some people are capable of putting others before themselves.
>>
>>53549738
You okay there brah?
>>
Why doesn't he just use the kickstarter money to startup a sustainable business model?

Ebay scalpers are pissing me off. Although I just purchased 1.0 with survivor level rewards and was thinking about painting and selling the extra monsters. Anyone have any experience with doing this/would this be viable to offset the price a bit? I've been painting warhammer for years and am pretty good.
>>
>>53550781
Some people prefer to play the matchmaker then the match made, usually they think more about making two other people happy rather than making themselves happy, and sometimes it's easier to see two people who are into each other from the outside rather than seeing someone that's into you that you like. Plus the card says to do Intimacy, it doesn't exclude the matchmaker from getting some.
>>
>>53555012
>not being matchmaker and matching everyone to yourself
>>
>>53555125
That's a good way to literally kill yourself in KDM
>>
>>53555303
>not being in it for the harem instead of endgame
>>
>>53555012
just saying the matchmaker in the pic is a cutiepie
>>
>>53555376
>Matchmaker pairs himself with every woman
>Ends up killing every woman he fucks till he becomes a broken man.
>>
>>53552154
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>53555418
>not realizing you'll still have daughters
>>
>>53555431
Nah, if mommy dies in childbirth, so does the kid, so there's a very real possibility he could just kill every woman in childbirth and go insane, or just run into the darkness with the woman he's going to bang.
>>
>>53555516
sounds like an awesome ending for an equally as awesome character
>>
>>53504383
Desperately need this
>>
>>53555660
D E G E N E R A T E

E

G

E

N

E

R

A

T

E
>>
>>53555660
at least that was in the kickstarter
>>
>>53555727
Not enough of a degenerate to spend 80 bucks on the only one on ebay though

Side note, but doesnt anyone have any luck buying off of ebay for these minis? There's a Black Knight on ebay for 20 bucks, which is probably a Chinese recast, but if it looks good I might go for it
>>
>>53555804
Nah, I would not support scalpers on principle even if the product was genuine. Besides, patience might be the only virtue I have, but I do have it a plenty. There will be official reprints, eventually.
>>
>>53549778
I didn't get DBK first time around, so that'll have to wait until this winter.
>>
>>53550747
They are greek.
>>53550759
>exclusive info
Nice try Ekoi, you have told us nothing except that you are a piece of shit.
>>
>>53555303
Naw, if you are a male with Body Paint, you are safe.
>>
>>53555804
I have gotten the recasts from a few different people, universally shit that I threw in the garbage, then eBay suppressed my negative feedback.

I was pretty burnt.
>>
are the 4 starter survivors miniatures you get (the iconic ones) monopose and do you get the unarmored survivor kit besides those?

i want those iconic 4 survivors but i also want to be able to magnetize fucking everything. so i was hoping they are separate things
>>
File: 1422912465365.jpg (66KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1422912465365.jpg
66KB, 722x349px
>>53556178
That's disheartening. Being a poorfag sucks
>>
>>53549773
>weird fetish shit elevated
The entire game is based off of weird fetish shit, famalam.
>suddenly he thinks his opinion matters.
Being called in as a "guest director" and trying to move Poots to improve product and store infrastructure aren't unimportant things. He also said he's going to give out free shit so that's also nice.

>>53554894
>Why doesn't he just use the kickstarter money to startup a sustainable business model?

Because he barely has enough this time from the 1.5 kickstarter to NOT Bankrupt his company. Satan tiers were limited and Frogdog tiers created because he realized that he was close to losing money again.

>>53555660
>>53555804
If I recall correctly, the plastic version comes with both sets of legs to pick from as well as weapon options.

>>53556227
The four survivors are monopose and are on a different sprue from the Unarmored sprue.

Be warned that magnetizing is hard to get good results for, between ball-socket joints on the shoulders, and weapons quickly getting heavy for such tiny magnets.
>>
>>53556255
It's OK, getting railed on by rich fags is the only hard part.
>>
>>53556299
You know, being a trip fag is one thing. But worshipping one is several levels of retardation above that
>>
>>53556299
but just making all the armor sets seems pointless. then i might as well just use narrative sculptures or pin ups only.
>>
>>53555769
is it ?

theirs to much stuff i cant remember
>>
what tutorials are you guys following for when the big box comes?

and what kind of paint schemes do you have in mind?

or maybe just the stone style or maybe the stone style but looking like amethyst.
>>
>>53557686
I've been on the fence between magnetizing the stone style, or painting the starting survivors in flesh tones and then only creating and painting memorable characters after that.

Or maybe magnetizing everything but using the same skin tone on everything. But jeeze, thatd be time consuming.
>>
>>53557884
Magnetizing KDM is hell. Honestly, I don't think WYSIWYG is worth it. IMO Assemble M&F of each armor kit with fairly bland weapon loadouts as generics and use the other two people per kit worth of stuff to commemorate settlement heroes.
>>
>>53558330
Eh, to each their own. Maybe I'd do a couple of them, but I really like the way mismatched stuff looks. Which is why I keep leaning towards magnetize, even though I understand how time consuming it would be. I was planning on using all the unique one-off characters as the sort of placeholders you were talking about.
>>
>>53558330
>Magnetizing KDM is hell. Honestly, I don't think WYSIWYG is worth it.
If you didn't want to suffer, you should have picked different game.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom-death-monster-survivors-primer
>>
>>53558330
>>53558706
maybe you could assemble the mini except for the weapons?

like you keep the full armor sets but only have to use 2 magnet places per model
>>
>>53558950
It's the arms/weapons that are the problem point. To quote >>53556299:
>Be warned that magnetizing is hard to get good results for, between ball-socket joints on the shoulders, and weapons quickly getting heavy for such tiny magnets.

Neck and waist points are the easy parts to magnetize.

Then there are things like cowls and pauldrons to consider.
>>
>>53558797
>https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom-death-monster-survivors-primer

any way to save this page so i can visit it offline or just protect it so the images wont disappear?
>>
>>53559139
>>53558950

I don't know, I've used some pretty tiny magnets on warhammer shit that were way stronger than youd think. You just have to be ready to pay for good magnets.
>>
>>53558950
Meant to reply to you saying thanks, thats exactly what I'd be looking for.

Who knows, maybe my opinion will change once the minis are in front of me.
>>
>>53559144
Try just saving the page, if that only gets you tumbnails, there there should be firefox extension that lets you scrape 1st level links (full images).
>>
>>53559233
what brands are the strongest (or what type)

like if i want to spend 1000 bucks on 10 magnets what kind of 1x1 could i get ?
>>
>>53559286
just do some research for small tiny magnets, there isn't much to learn and you can figure out what youd need within 15 minutes of research
>>
>>53554894
>I've been painting warhammer for years and am pretty good.
Unless you paint at studio level a painted model is worth less than a model on the sprue.
>>
File: 20170601_155221.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_155221.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>53559434
How about this? Never entered in contests or anything, just thought I could paint up my extra phoenix and other monsters for some extra cash
>>
>>53559628
THIN YOUR PAINTS
>>
>>53539924
Soda Pop has stated that they are huge faggots and no KS exclusives policy is void. this happened after siege of citadel KS.
>>
>>53559662
everything looks thick when it's the size of the empire state building
>>
>>53559628
I'm afraid you need to up your painting skills if you want to charge more than retail for a model on eBay, even KD. Your best bet right now is selling the sprues, you could even sell them at scalper prices because there is not enough offer and people will probably pay for them.
>>
>>53559736
I know we aren't WIP, but anything in particular that needs work? Aside from going over to the computer and resizing the picture
>>
>>53556096
Do it. Get rekt. It's a ball.
>>
>>53556255
Go work on an oil rig. Doesn't take a CV.
>>
>>53556394
I think we all know who this really is...
>>
>>53559628
I'm sorry to be harsh, but that is garbage. You are reducing the value of the model by painting it.
>>
>>53559806
Don't blame the size of the picture, a good paintjob will look good enough even at closeups.

Some basic things you could focus on improve: smooth gradients, greater contrast, precise edge highlights and precise outlining.
Then you can try to learn some special effects and techniques like NMM, textures, water effects, OSL, freehands, etc.
>>
>>53559662
obligatory post is obligatory
>>
>>53559628
I'm going to go against the grain of the thread and say that the picture might be a big part of your problem. It's decently lit, maybe, but the white background and poor focus do no favors.

Especially the poor focus. The front arm is a blur and a lot of the upper body could do to be crisper.
>>
>>53559944
What force makes people over exaggerate to such a high degree?

>>53559628
I like it dude, but honestly I have never in my life seen a model under 10cm that looked better painted then unpainted. Due to the size I just don't think its possible to thin your paints enough to be properly layered and not look caked on. Even the "professional grade" paint jobs they have on the main site and magazines look worse to me painted then unpainted.
>>
File: img508bfb89448c8.jpg (981KB, 750x3193px) Image search: [Google]
img508bfb89448c8.jpg
981KB, 750x3193px
>>53560403
Are you for fucking real.
>>
>>53560517
I stand semi corrected, but you are cheating if it was just the model painted on its own on a stand I wouldn't have cared to much for it. Also, I said under 10cm.
>>
File: img4b79b9e1d22e9.jpg (127KB, 600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
img4b79b9e1d22e9.jpg
127KB, 600x1800px
>>53560621
Yeah that's a 28mm model from warhammer. Like this one. On its own stand.
>>
>>53560675
>28mm
The entire diorama is not 28 mm, that eldar for instance really doesn't do anything for me.

>Due to the size I just don't think its possible to thin your paints enough to be properly layered and not look caked on
This was a bad opinion though you got me.
>>
>>53560403
>t. certified retard
Those suckers of the 'eavy metal and the golden daemon, between others of course, must be blind to your supreme opinion
>>
>>53560839
I have always preferred black and whites to colours that opinion is to subjective to be debated. I could easily call you a pleb for having such a uniform opinion if I wanted to get into a pointless debate, what a worthless post from a worthless person.
>>
File: img5381b7ab20268.jpg (1MB, 675x5647px) Image search: [Google]
img5381b7ab20268.jpg
1MB, 675x5647px
>>53560777
Your point was that paint can't look good on a model smaller than 100mm. I presented two 28mm models which clearly do, even if one was on top of a display base that you can safely ignore for argument purposes.

And by the way you effectively just said all 54mm and 75mm models can't look good painted either, and that includes the vast majority of busts and world level contest winners.

I feel I need to ask again. Are you fucking serious? Have you seen more than 3 models in your entire life?
>>
>>53560940
>I could easily call you a pleb for having such a uniform opinion if I wanted to get into a pointless debate
What do you even tried to say here?
I get that you could prefer them unpainted but saying that objectively models of less than 10cm painted look like shit is either a retarded statement or a jealous one lad
>>
File: Black Knight and Squire diorama.jpg (113KB, 710x946px) Image search: [Google]
Black Knight and Squire diorama.jpg
113KB, 710x946px
>>53560621
>under 10cm
10cm is approximately 4 inches.

If you haven't seen a painted model under 4 inches that looks better than unpainted model it is because you haven't even tried to look.
>>
>>53561083
>>53561049
>>53561045
Guys stop, he's just a retard trying to justify leaving his KD pinups unpainted.
>>
>>53561083
>>53561045
I don't think any of these look better, they look very very good but not better.

>>53561049
>objectively
Never said that
>>
File: brazen-hunters-wip-16.jpg (395KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
brazen-hunters-wip-16.jpg
395KB, 709x709px
>>53561160
Wait so you are saying you actually think this looks better than this >>53561045?
>>
>>53561207
No, i'm not. Disregarding the mismatched colour of the base pieces, the green stuff, the fact that its not standing on sweet rock pastille, and the choice of pieces and the position they are in. the two models would have the same value to me. Subjectively speaking.

And i mean if you REALLY wanted to push me then yeah ok ill agree the old warhammer pieces had a very garish grey colour to them so a really well paint job does in fact make them look better in.
>>
>>53561377
You are a strange person.

Or just colorblind.
>>
>>53561377
...what green stuff? That's just yellow blu tack holding it together temporarily
>>
>>53561446
I believe the value of a painted model comes from the hard work, dedication, time, and technical skill that it takes to create something like this, some one bleed his soul into pieces like these and by virtue of that value they are vastly superior. But if a machine printed them out side by side it would hold no value to me one way or the other. I think this is true for everyone to a larger extent then they realize.

>>53561537
You are 100% correct, its still an eye sore.
>>
Hey, when everyone's done shaking their dicks at each other can we get back to talking about KDM?
>>
>>53562215
U 1st
>>
>>53555660
Well it's part of the Pinups of Death 1 which is on the website right now.
That's the only one I want from it but I'm not going to shell $100 for one mini.
>>
>>53562266
Not the guy you where talking to but now that you mention those, I bought the pin up of death and the choco knive ear, but I was late for the furry bait and the weaboo bait sadly. I will use them to practice for the ones I care the most I think as the box is ""great value for the money""
>>
>>53562265
Kay.

Whats your favorite KDM monster penis? Lion Gods tail takes the cake for me, plus its coming out of his ass.
>>
File: 1416600410025.jpg (551KB, 918x1647px) Image search: [Google]
1416600410025.jpg
551KB, 918x1647px
>>53553263
>>53553315
SUMMER DICE WHEN
Will they be red, white, and blue?
America fuck yeah all over those monsters.
>>
>>53519190
Nope, support the game
>>
53564366(you)
>
This nigga dumb
>>
File: SECRETTECHNIQUE.jpg (6MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
SECRETTECHNIQUE.jpg
6MB, 2550x3300px
>>53564366
Its to late i got it all. If it means anything ill keep it to myself and not uploaded it all somewhere though.
>>
>>53515253
When I have four players, especially when they haven't played before? Survivors start with one of the following, their choice: Bone Sickle, Bone Pickaxe, Bug Trap, Scavenger Kit (which remains unique).

It's a small adjustment, but it opens things up a lot, gives you more options during the early game, and makes things just slightly easier, reducing the chance that you are fighting over resources quite as much.
>>
>>53564515
Spoilers I know, but how do i get the king of a thousand battles?
Also, is legendary lungs good or bad?
Seems a bit like having extra speed.

The art for all of them is great, though, very spooky.
>>
>>53550781
She's a woman. Intimacy has a standard death rate of something like 3/10 for women in KDM.
>>
>>53565004
Legendary Lungs is great because you can pair it with high strength attacks. Speed isn't bad, it's just usually a tradeoff with strength which results in getting painful failure reactions and wasting cards before trap.

King of a Thousand Battles comes from defeating the Legendary Phoenix.
>>
>>53565067
>Intimacy has a standard death rate of something like 3/10 for women in KDM
god how did our species survive the stone ahe
>>
>>53565084
Is KoaTB any good?
>>
>>53565004
King of a Thousand Battles is from the Legendary Phoenix... which is the toughest enemy in the base game (beaten out by ToM).

Legendary Lungs is... well it depends. Like, on a weapon that has Slow, it's amazing. I like it on my blue charm-spear user, too, to just definitively wipe out trap cards.
>>
>>53565142
Yeah, it's amazing.

It's not worth fighting the Legendary Phoenix over, but it's amazing.
>>
>>53565237
Don't you have to use survival for every dodge?
>>
>>53565325
Yes, but having the option is way better than not having the option, and it also comes with boosting accuracy and evasion.
>>
>>53565325
Yes. But you can theoretically cancel entire attacks by dodging.

Dodge usually only affects a single hit dice. With KotB say you're fighting the Phoenix and get peck'd or whatever attack only hits head. If he hit you 3-4 times and you had enough survival you could potentially mitigate his attack into nothing.
>>
>>53565237
cool but how bad is it exactly for those of us who aren't blessed to have been able to get the shit?
>>
File: C_wisuTVwAECaTW.jpg (174KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_wisuTVwAECaTW.jpg
174KB, 1200x1200px
>>53560403
Get a load of this fucking moron.
>>
File: 1494532626321.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1494532626321.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>53560777
>>
File: 1492928195418.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1492928195418.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>53560940
>I have always preferred black and whites
>>
>>53563834
Rumors for summer dice are purple and gold or purple and silver.

>>53565325
Unlimited dodges is fantastic with Rawhide's set bonus. Then again, Rawhide is fantastic even without it.

By the time you could take on the legenday phoenix, you're well past ready to beat the everloving shit out of the watcher anyway.
>>
File: Capture.png (124KB, 207x249px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
124KB, 207x249px
>>53561160
>they look very very good but not better.
>>
File: autismo.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>53561377
>very garish grey colour
>>
>>53562597
Sunstalker for sure. I love the way it glistens in the light.
>>
>>53565325
Warriors of the Sun baby.
>>
>>53566864
>Rumors for summer dice are purple and gold or purple and silver.
Source? Or just bullshit?

4th of July sale?
>>
>people buying grossly coloured dice that don't fit with the base game
plebs
>>
>>53566878
While I disagree with how he said it, the specific grey used with GW's miniatures IS kinda bleh
>>
File: 1302674106059.jpg (36KB, 263x265px) Image search: [Google]
1302674106059.jpg
36KB, 263x265px
>>53566835
Do you honestly think that looks good?

>>53566846
>>53566858
I wouldn't have said anything if i knew my opinion would be so controversial. You guys need to slow down on the group think though, spamming memes is not an actual argument.

>>53566865
Yes? And? maybe don't speed read through a thread and you will be able to understand that speech within the context of the conversation.

>>53566878
Yeah, the finecast warhammer figures and the KD figures are a nice light gray, really brings out the detail on the figure. I forgot how bad the heavy dark gray plastic looked on the older warhammer models.
>>
File: img52eef5159a7e4.jpg (1MB, 500x3575px) Image search: [Google]
img52eef5159a7e4.jpg
1MB, 500x3575px
>>53568158
The fact that you seem to think something like pic related looks just as good as your unpainted grey miniatures really makes me think you're just trying to justify your own laziness and lack of talent.
>>
>>53568504
No projecting please
>>
File: img5512b3cf13f0f.jpg (953KB, 800x5198px) Image search: [Google]
img5512b3cf13f0f.jpg
953KB, 800x5198px
>>53568738
Hey I'm not the one saying my zero effort unpainted plastic is just as good as a masterpiece of miniature painting, I actually try and strive to improve even if the end result isn't that good.
>>
File: 1489371839938.jpg (53KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1489371839938.jpg
53KB, 604x453px
So where should I start with this game? I was intrigued by the art, both lewd and non-lewd, and went and looked up some stuff about the game and maybe I'm just retarded but I couldn't find anything on the website that looked like a starter set.
>>
>>53568833
It's currently not for sale, there was recently a kickstarter to fund a reprint but you missed that boat. The game should be back in stock (at least briefly) at the end of summer 2017 but if you want to play it right now your only options are finding someone who already owns it, finding a scalper on eBay or playing it on tabletop sim.

Also don't forget this board game costs 400$ retail.
>>
File: 1486676140757.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1486676140757.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>53568886
Why the hell is it that much? What comes with this game to make it so expensive just to start?
>>
>>53569077
Like, 20 pounds that includes minis, cards, books for the campaign, playboards, etc. It's a fucking huge game. The price is huge, but for what it all comes with, I'd say over all that the cost makes sense.
>>
>>53569077
It's not really a "starter" though.
Though there are expansions, 400$ gets you a full self contained experience that doesn't require anything other than some glue to be enjoyed.
>>
>>53562424
i cant find the models in the out of stock tab. what did they look like?
>>
File: pic2738471_md.jpg (86KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic2738471_md.jpg
86KB, 344x500px
>>53569215
>>53569077
Here is a small child for scale next to the game.
>>
>>53565136
3/10 chance to die means you have 7/10 for an increase of population. and the wymen have more chance of being born so that would be like 4/10

which makes it statistically likely the population will increase.

ALSO
ANYONE have that comic with the female that fucked up the villages male population because she didnt know they where used for breeding?
>>
>>53566835
HOW DID HE MAKE HER FACE LOOK PRETTY GREAT BUT FUCKED UP EVERYTHING ELSE.

il be really happy if i can get the faces (especially eyes) on my models to look like that.
>>
>>53568833
Fuck off we don't want you here.
>>
>>53569381
Its a style, not a fuckup.
>>
>>53566835
Not the best example to prove your point. Should have used Bohun.
>>
>>53569433
no
if a toddler using fingerpaint int a style. this isnt either.

even if he tried out a specific style he failed immensely.
>>
>>53569474
She basically tried to copy the art for that model.
>>
>>53569553
and she failed immensely
her model has literally no sense of correct highlights like the picture has
>>
File: IMG_0342.jpg (901KB, 1200x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.jpg
901KB, 1200x775px
>>53569362
Just for you, sweetheart
>>
>>53568825
>zero effort unpainted plastic is just as good as a masterpiece of miniature painting

That was never even my argument.
>>
File: img4da6f768e39ff.jpg (681KB, 420x4924px) Image search: [Google]
img4da6f768e39ff.jpg
681KB, 420x4924px
>>53570134
>but honestly I have never in my life seen a model under 10cm that looked better painted then unpainted.

Yes you are right, your argument was that your zero effort unpainted plastic looked better than a masterfully painted miniature.
Well whatever you use to justify your laziness mr sour grapes.
>>
>>53565325
Yeah, but even if you ignore expansions, there are several ways to make sure that you can recover survival mid-fight.

My favorite is probably Thrill Seeker with Rawhide. Because of how the Rawhide Set bonus is worded, you get to activate Thrill Seeker on it, giving you a 50% chance to recover 2 survival every time you spend 1 survival.

Orator of Death + Peerless + Thrill Seeker is a once-per showdown +4 survival as well.

>>53566140
I mean... not that bad? +2 to three stats is something you can typically nearly replicate on a character over the course of a few hunts. The infinite dodge opportunity is nice, but it's only on one character. It's basically just a neat reward for surviving the fight. It's not like it makes or breaks the game.
>>
File: 4chan.png (28KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
28KB, 360x360px
>>53568833
Buy Tabletop Simulator on Steam. Go into the workshop and download one of several Kingdom Death: Monster mods.

There you go, I saved you 378 dollary-doos + shipping. And now all you gotta deal with is inexpert programmers whose scripting constantly breaks.
>>
>>53569843
now we just need the "try not to cry" KD:M comic and we will have 100% of them in this thread;-;
>>
>>53570726
fucking jesus i need a tutorial for that skin
please god
>>
File: HOLY DUNG BEETLE DUBS.png (532KB, 642x544px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY DUNG BEETLE DUBS.png
532KB, 642x544px
>>53571633
is it time for KD memes?
>>
>>53571641
Keep in mind that's the 54mm resin version.
>>
>>53569298
https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/ringtail-vixen

https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/samurai
>>
File: 1483611735915.png (592KB, 680x692px) Image search: [Google]
1483611735915.png
592KB, 680x692px
I forgot to save the better version of this.
>>
>>53568504
>>53568825
Real talk, from completely unskilled, like never even touched a mini before, how long will it take to get to that point?
I've been considering getting some paints and Reaper Bones to practice, maybe a KD model once I feel more experienced, but I'd really like to get the game when it comes out, and be able to do paint jobs worthy of the minis
>>
>>53570726
why is that statue jizzing?
>>
>>53573023
Real Talk? (You) may NEVER reach that level of skill. There's a level of talent that can't be taught, and especially with all the freehand work in those images, they're well past it. You could probably get close, mastering the basic techniques shown off there (the shading, blending, and precision) with good equipment and... maybe a couple hundred hours practice with good tutorials? Art is hard.
>>
>>53573080
Well, I will do my best. What guides do /tg/ and /kdm/ like?
That cape on the flower knight is insane.
>>
>>53573023
>how long will it take to get to that point?
It'd take years of constant practice to get to that point, unless you try really hard and are serious about it you'll probably never reach that level.

>>53573080
It is not really talent it's just all hard practice, you just have to practice several kinds of art to get to the point where you're painting Hieronymus Bosch painting on your minis.

>>53573117
There are some pretty legit good guides on the Kingdom Death website. Though I'd recommend looking at them in something like the Wayback Machine since the new site seems to have broken all the formatting.

This one is one of my favorites for example https://web.archive.org/web/20151228105312/http://gallery.kingdomdeath.com:80/Architect-Advanced-Painting-Guide
>>
>>53573175
Thanks anon, that looks like a pretty thorough guide.
Now to scrape some money together
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.