[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Über as Pen and Paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 45

File: uber-vol-1-enhanced-hc.jpg (745KB, 1500x2318px) Image search: [Google]
uber-vol-1-enhanced-hc.jpg
745KB, 1500x2318px
Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über? Pic related its a comic about Superheroes in WW2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cber_(comics)

Link for the uninformed.

I would like to convert it into an RPG. With some tweaks in the Background.

1) I am aware that Godlike exists.
2) The Heroes there are to underpowered for me while their powers were to diverse.

Proposed changes to the background:

- The Nazis geht their hands on the Formula much earlier (i would propose 42 so they can win Stalingrad but 43 also is really interesting the nazis could win Kursk,more late war tech and a stronger Red army). We have a much more drawn out war this Way and the Nazis are able to pull of far more shenanigans because they still have tons of convetional stuff.
-Russia like in the comic is behind on the technological side so they can't really develop the strongest superhumans (otherwise they would quickly flood the Eastern front with too many cruisers etc.)
-Japan now puts up a hellish fight against the USA.
-Maybe a lower power difference between the different classes of Übers.
-Maybe a way for Übers to reach a higher class (not sure).

Also discuss the comic or call me a retard for proposing such a shit idea.
>>
>>53501139
Shameless self Bump.

Also i haven't opened the Nazi Astartes thread. Unlucky coincidence.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480113482413.jpg (95KB, 1493x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480113482413.jpg
95KB, 1493x960px
>>53501139
Well i am disappointed /tg/.
>>
File: 1493532611924.png (595KB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
1493532611924.png
595KB, 1280x709px
I've heard of Uber once before, but never got into it.

You seem eager anon and I love that cover art, explain it like i'm a caveman.
>>
>>53503491
As Berlin is falling, the Nazis deploy their first supersoldiers, people who can take a tank round like a champ and can blow up/burn/melt/shape objects from a distance via a superpower called a Halo Effect.

The rest of the comic is the Allies attempting to match the initial German superiority in supersoldiers with technological research and tactics, and the Germans somehow nearly always pulling out a win from their ass.

There's also a Russian supersoldier who is the fucking strongest and is best living character.
>>
He didn't mention the "holy fuck" levels of gore and body horror after the Uber fights. Those are pretty off the scale. Thing is, the superhumans have what's basically an exponential growth. Regular "Tanks BTFO humans, then each tier owns every tier before them almost completely until you get the Battleships melting cities and taking three Cruisers just to scratch significantly. It's a little hard to have horde/elite dynamics when the closest the"swarm" ever got to a victory was Leah Cohen, and that was only half a level of power difference.
>>
>>53503676
Neat! I'll have to check it out.

As for your problem, I'd suggest GURPS if you want to mix both the WW2 military/technology side along with superpowers in a supported system. Of course, caveat emptor anytime you try to get players for GURPS who haven't tried the system before.

Or are you perhaps trying to make your own system from the ground up?
>>
>>53501139
Why don't you just play
>1) I am aware that Godlike exists.
Nevermind

Seriously though just use Godlike or Wild Talents for the game and limit the powers to one source
Also Uber would be cool if not for the tremendous amount of aSSpulls needed to keep the Nazi's a valid threat in the series
>>
>>53503821
Don't forget the Second Battle of Kursk. The Russians didn't exactly achieve their primary objective and they lost most of their Ubers, but they did force the Germans (well German) from the field; so in the end it was a victory. It's just not a tactic you can rely upon as we saw recently with the Americans.
>>
>>53501139
>Nazis pull a win out of their asses every battle- the comic becomes Nazis pull a win out of their asses - the PnP game
No thank you
>>
>>53501139
weird war is a savage worlds setting. and since it is SW you can probably crank up the power level as needed
>>
>>53507790
Man, I like reading Uber, but the whole "Nazis always win no matter what" approach to drama is really dumb. It doesn't matter how badly the odds are stacked against them, because the author will reveal a hereforto unmentioned plan that will decisively turn the tide of battle.

Anyway OP, I say go for it. It's a neat setting with a lot of potential. I'd say expand the global war theatre with more Battlefield US scenes and allow for unenhanced humans to be more of a threat with tank-hunting teams and the like. Good luck.
>>
File: 1326868258750.jpg (87KB, 463x700px) Image search: [Google]
1326868258750.jpg
87KB, 463x700px
Uber is a fucking awful setting for PnP.

Fights are overwhelmingly decided by what type of super-dude someone is, and scientific/strategic development around the creation of new super-people.

There is literally one character in the entire series who demonstrates any capacity for power development over time, and fights are rarely ever even decided by superior training or tactics because every fucking physical object concievable has the structural integrity of french fries to an enhanced human, making any use of environment or anything pretty much worthless.

Also, this is not even a setting where *personality* matters all that much. The superhumans themselves are INCREDIBLY unambitious, only overthrowing their masters for personal ambition when they are pretty much walked through the process step by step.

Long story short, there's no dimensionality for a play experience present.
>>
>>53507920
>>53507932
These make me think an RPG for Uber is a bad idea.

Uber would be better off as a new version of Diplomacy, with the option of producing different UberTypes in addition to producing fleets/armies. Not good for roleplay, but much better at getting at the strategic importance of Uber Types. You would probably need to expand the Diplomacy map to the whole world to make it really work for WW2,
>>
>>53503903
It's been a long time since I looked at it, but I kind of remember Godlike as giving you like, one fucking super power. There was like one guy whose thing was he could fucking fly, and that was it. I remember another guy who could start fires, and canonically he died because he burned up all the oxygen in a confined space and suffocated.

Even a regular panzermensch isn't a bitch like that.
>>
>>53508284
This is exactly what bugged me about '''''god'''''like. The supers are neither decicive nor do they have a real impact on how the war is conducted. They don't revolutionize the Battlefield.

>>53507932
Thats why i would change the power dynamics between the Übers so that a Panzermensch is more of a threat to a cruiser and a cruiser is more of a threat to a Battleship.

Also i would devise a way for Übers to raise their class after a while.

And for the weak character motivations:

1) The Dude that kills Hitler on his own
2) I still agree somewhat but thats an easy change as GM.

>>53507920
Well i don't think the plans were as unmentioned.

There were clear foreshadowing about the Geltmenschen. And these essentially allowed the Nazis to maintain technological superiority. Otherwise the allies would have pulled ahead in some fields of Über tech. Due to their much longer prep time this was anticipated though.

Also the allies make some really dumb decisions:

1) Wasting Collosus and valuable Tankmen in Paris. They weren't ready and wasted really valuable ressources.

2) Wasting their second Battleship by turning it into a useless muscle freak with no ranged abilities. Seriously Golem has so many muscles that she is shit because of them.
>>
Doesn't Uber have the most of Russia exerminated. I thought the Naxis won in the east. Or is that my memory being fuzzy.
>>
>>53508476
Isn't your first para basically the point of Godlike?
>>
>>53508284
>>53508476
That's exactly what Wild Talents is for. Upping the game from godlike.
You could also try Savage Worlds + Superpowers Companion. I personally would probably prefer WT, but I think either one can work.

Also, does anyone know when (if) the collected volumes for Uber: Invasion will come out? For the regular 27 issue series they had 5 volumes collecting all issues together. I hope they do that for invasion too
>>
>>53509171
I am waiting the collected Volume too. I Hope it comes out soon.
>>
Soooo when is #28 coming out?
>>
>>53501139
>Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über?
No.

>I would like to convert it into an RPG.
GURPS ww2 + supers
>>
File: Uber2AngelofDeath_1024x1024.jpg (279KB, 671x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Uber2AngelofDeath_1024x1024.jpg
279KB, 671x1024px
>>53509781
>Soooo when is #28 coming out?
never, I think. They started "Uber: Invasion" now. 27 was the last issue of "regular" Uber afaik.
>>
File: sweating brother.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweating brother.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>>53510966
I see. Scanning through the KS page doesn't exactly tell me when Invasion hits. Do you know a release date?

>that image
I wanna put my big fat black dick inside that Battleship. I don't even care that she's half meatjerky now.
>>
>>53508721

Nope, they got as far as Kursk and were stopped. Also the most powerful superhuman is soviet, if she wasn't crazy and content with stopping the Nazi advance at Ukraine the Red Army would be in Berlin again.
>>
>>53511016
They are already 6 issues in my man. I'm waiting for the TP Volumes though
https://www.comcav.net/pages/search-results-page?q=Uber+Invasion
>>
>>53511054
Thanks mate. Much appreciated.
>>
>>53501139
>Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über?
Gilen actively works on it so comic will be only liked by Wehraboos or diehard Man In High Caste fags.
I liked it until comic shat the bed with Allies failing big battle having Churchill disabled, Dunkir killed and UK eventually forced to surrender and rest of Allies in Europe in disaray with loss of leadership and Nazi pulling Ubot fleet out of their asses to invade USA.
Still waiting to see if Invasion get better or not.

>Proposed changes to the background:
This is actually good idea to start with changing setting fro this, because it can't work as RPG with exact same setting as in comic.
>>
>>53511131
I mean HMH Churchill had no combat experience and was fighting heavy hitters, shame about Dunkirk though. The Capitulation of the UK made sense didn't it? Why let the blitzmensch light the British isles on fire, what's that gonna help anyone?
>>
>>53511228
Alot of thing in this makes sense but it don't make it sound less annoying.
And comic still can't use "it make sense" defense since Germany less limitations than it would should have, but most logistic and strategic problems for Nazis are ignored and all problems for Allies are exaggerated.

Before end of regular comic and start of Invasion it was more balanced with war being in Europe and Pacific.
>>
>>53511032
>Red Army would be in Berlin again

Ahh i wouldn't be so sure. If Siegfried had attacked its very possible he could have killed Katyusha due to exhaustion.

And remember her Halo is hugefuck strong but physically she is very weak. Once a cruiser or battleship breaks through she is History.
>>
>>53511228
You mean when they basically tested Churchill by dropping her out of a plane and having her get mobbed by UK tankmen to show her durability, she then gets crippled by her knee exploding for some reason?
>>
>>53511975
That actually makes some sense, they snapped one tendon in the knee and the rest of the enhanced muscles ripped the joint apart without counterbalance. Still kind of idiotic considering those weren't even the real Battleships she was fighting.
>>
>>53512002
It doesn't make sense because the drop from the fucking plane would have done more than snap one tendon and injuries would have shown this to the UK Military.

It was an asspull, because Gillen is a fucking terrible writer.
>>
>>53511054
I should get caught up. Last one I read they were teasing a new type of uber and super-Patton
>>
>>53512021
A rather different kind of attack, given that landing from a drop is considerably less stressful on one particular tendon than continuous bombardment from weird Halo bullshit directly on that area. I thought this was fairly clear from the moment Ubers started taking artillery to the face and then killing each other in fistfights.
>>
>>53512048
>Landing from a massive height that was calculated to cause serious damage to churchill for the purpose of them testing her regenerative skills actually doesn't harm her
>A little pressure to her tendons does

It was literally pulled out of the Nazi's ass as a way to sideline churchill and for the UK to be taken out of the war.

Because Gillen is a shit writer.
>>
>>53512088
>It was literally pulled out of the Nazi's ass
The comic starts with a huge asspull and you are angry about Brits being useless?
>>
>>53512021
>>53512088
>because Gillen is a fucking terrible writer.
>Because Gillen is a shit writer.
That's not an argument buddy.
>>
>>53512126
>>53512115

>Constantly says "The Nazis are on the backfoot and spending their resources, they'll lose ground!
>Has literally never happened at once in the entire comic
>They're invading the US now and doing a very good job of it
>Will have to end on a huge stupid Deus Ex Machina.

So what proof is there that this isn't badly written shlock?
>>
>>53512174
>>Will have to end on a huge stupid Deus Ex Machina
Don't worry, based Soviet witch will save the day
>>
>>53512194
>Implying she won't die as soon as she goes against the Nazi's
>Probably while being punched
>>
File: its_all_ogre_now.gif (555KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
its_all_ogre_now.gif
555KB, 400x225px
>>53512174
Just admit you're angry the Nazis are going to get completely annihilated by two godlike American super-negroes, you fucking /pol/poster.
>>
>>53512227
I'm Angry the Nazis have been constantly said to be on the back foot, yet they've just destroyed everything with little effort.

The writer has constantly claimed "Oh the Nazis don't have the means to support the Ubers much longer"

Yet they've conquered Europe. Now they DO have the resources. So the only way for the Americans to win now is through a huge asspull.
>>
>>53512227
Two godlike American super-negroes will be busy gangbanging Japan harder than the Little Boy and the Fatman (which didn't happen in this timeline)
>>
File: [heresy_intensifies].gif (295KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
[heresy_intensifies].gif
295KB, 200x207px
>>53512260
They haven't conquered Europe mate. Read the fucking comic, you retard.

Patton is in motherfucking France, ready to storm all the way to Berlin.
>>
>>53512311
>Patton

His plot point was dropped entirely after Invasion and will be dropped forever since someone pointed it out that it was stupid for Patton to be in France if the UK was under Nazi control.
>>
>>53512311
>Patton is in motherfucking France
I have to say, Patton being an Uber was one awesome moment of asspull
>>
File: phil_fish_fuck_off.gif (447KB, 320x175px) Image search: [Google]
phil_fish_fuck_off.gif
447KB, 320x175px
>>53512344
The UK isn't under Nazi control. The UK has capitulated to the Nazis. You know... like Vichy-France.
>>
>>53512402
>London is literally occupied by Nazis.
>Patton's last scene is blowing up some people showing he's an uber.

>Nazi's someone let Patton escape to france, Another country under Nazi control
>All the Ubers of use go to American instead of just killing Patton

Why are you defending bad writing so much anyway?
>>
File: [diabolical laughter].gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
[diabolical laughter].gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>53512432
If you read WW2 as a fiction book, you'd think it had bad writing too.

>nazis control all of continental europe
>put all their resources into V2's and mega-tanks instead of trying to take out the UK sensibly
>>
>>53512487
>Hitler fucked the war entirely so he could find magic
>Zzap, mutha fucka
>>
The real meat of the comic is - what the fuck allows people to become these supermen?

What the FUCK happened to the first test subject?
>>
>>53512562
Was that the one in the cave that everyone was fucking terrified of,that was basically a Chaos Spawn Tier mound of flesh?
>>
>>53512589
Yeah. The thing that they tried to keep at bay with the panzerfausts.
>>
>>53512589
That was Battleship Zero, I think. Not the first Uber full stop.
>>
>>53512631
>>53512589
Do you guys remember which comic featured Battleship 0/first test subject?

Maybe post the pages?
>>
File: battleship failure.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
battleship failure.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53512665
>>
>>53512432
Patton is just a regular tankmen for all we know. Why the fuck would they spare any ressources apart from the fact they don't even know he is alive.

Also the bad writing is that the allies still defend southern france while GB that serves as supply hub is in jeopardy.

>>53512276
This. It was heavily hinted that the Japs will have their own Battleship soon.

And they aren't godlike they have the exact same skills your standard battleship has.

>>53512222
>while beeing punched

This. It is strongly hinted that she is absolutely deadly with her Halo. Once a heavy or two reach her before she can use her Halo she is dead meat.
>>
>>53512682
The Japs already have one, remember the guy in command of the Tankman kamikaze? The one who was ordered to get into a sub?

The guy who complained how his fate was sealed when his test went *boom*?

Pretty sure hes a Battleship, and they likely have more (just keeping them in reserve to defend the mainland, not unlike how the japs acted during ww2)
>>
>>53512769
>The guy who complained how his fate was sealed when his test went *boom*?
I think Japs doesn't know what it means and made him regular kamikaze Uber. So it's a tragic moment to ponder about wasted potential and what he could be.
>>
>>53512802
>doesn't
didn't
>>
>>53512802
>>53512769
I was refering to him.
Nah he was saved and brought to a location that is not Japan (prob China/Manchuria). I guess he will be fully activated at the Point were the Yanks come knocking.
>>
>>53512802
Well, three things: first of all the japs did get the german research papers, those may or may not have included battleship research but considering the axis bias i'm inclined towards believing it is.

Secondly the guy mentioned being amongst the first tankmen to reach okinawa, meaning if nothing else he has survived a lot, which may or may not indicate that hes more then standard...

And lastly, last issue of the comic have the americans reporting that *a* jap is tearing San Diego apart... Now that sounds alot like a battleship, doesnt it?
>>
>>53512877
>last issue of the comic have the americans reporting that *a* jap is tearing San Diego apart
I don't remember that. Got a pic?
>>
File: Diego Attacked.jpg (1MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
Diego Attacked.jpg
1MB, 1988x3156px
>>53512918
Sure do
>>
>>53512959
Fucking hell
>>
>>53513370
Sure you haven't got the wrong thread, poorly baiting anon?
>>
>Uber
There is only one rule and it is the Nazis win. No matter what, the Nazis win. If they are losing, you make something up so they can eventually win. Do not forget the Nazis have limitless resources and an arbitrary amount of ubers at all times. The British are defeating us with their new battleship ubers? Well you see, I had TWO new battleships stored up! Occupying half of Europe and conducting a full-scale tankman-based invasion of the USA, while having nothing but overwhelmingly crushing victories all around? No problem!

The only situation where they may not win is if you pit them against the Russian girl, but even then don't make them lose too badly or you may make Kieron Gillen cry
>>
>>53514226
Are you still busy with that boring "argument"? You got BTFO hours ago mate.

The Nazis control Germany, the Netherlands, some parts of Belgium, and East-Europe up to the Ukraine. As well as having a weird Vichy-France-like alliance with the United Kingdom.

France, Spain, Italy, Greece is all in the hands of the Allies. Balkan maybe too, I dunno.
>>
>>53514226
>There is only one rule and it is the Nazis win
You know, if Sankt took Siegmund with him instead of dumb blondie loyal to Hitler, Nazis would be winning much harder now.
>>
>>53514302
That is my first post in the thread. I have been following Uber practically since it began, and it's become blatantly obvious that the author has a hard on for Germany always winning even if he denies it. Last issue I read, if I recall correctly, was the german tankmen razing another city unopposed and annihilating the american tankmen. Colossus dying served to set the tone for the rest of the story and made sense in-universe, but now everything is "the germans are initially winning but the allies have a trick up their sleeve which gives them the upper hand for a while, until german superiority becomes clear and they win anyways". The only major issues they've had are a battleship getting burned by Katyusha and the Geltsmensch being discovered
>>
>>53514444
The only advantage the Nazis have is that they're ahead of the Allies in terms of Über knowledge, and they're losing that edge now that Turinger has managed to decode a bit of Über knowledge that the Nazis know nothing about.
>>
>>53514226
Russian (actually Ukrainian) girl is way to remove Soviets from story without conquering/wiping them out what would piss off people to much and now its convenient that Nazis can't just invade because they are afraid of their super uber , while Soviets can't advance because their only battleship is uncooperative.
>>
>>53514836
That's been the status quo of the comic for years. The allies may be theoretically advancing and gaining the upper hand, hell it was even a plot point that it shouldn't be possible for the Germans to create heavy tankmen so quickly right before the geltsmensch were discovered, but we never get to see the results, unless something has drastically changed in the last issue. The new allied battleships have also been just around the corner since before Invasion was published, whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.
>>
>>53514836
Think is, people are tired of this "losing edge" since its only in theory but nothing really seen in practice where not only Nazis don't lose but started gaining even more ground, to point of almost unopposed invasion of USA.
And I'm afraid author will asspull Nazi battleship out of this fully save while loss for their Uber force will leave no impact, same with their commanding officer (assuming Guderian also don't just escape).
>>
>>53515122
>whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.
Those are Cruisers
>>
>>53515232
Fair enough, didn't remember that bit. Still doesn't make it any less frustrating that they've been coming for an eternity and that we're treated to USA torture porn in the meanwhile
>>
>>53515122
>whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.
And as soon as the Allies learn of the deception, those two will get a legendary beatdown.
>>
>>53515267
Oh, and now that you brought up the other categories, didn't the Americans go pants on head retarded and refuse to make 2 full battleships on the ground that the subjects were black, leaving them with just Colossus' brother as a potential battleship?
>>
>>53515313
Not to mention real Sieglinde and Siegmund are badly damaged
>>
>>53501139
The short answer is that it sucks as an RPG setting.

An uber of a higher class than another is always going to win a one on one fight. Nothing but an uber can beat an uber. Your maximum strength is limited by your genetics.

Now, as a strategy game setting it's fantastic as ubers make good elites but need support elements and high class ubers are rare.
>>
>>53515318
yup.
>>
>>53515318
They also did the same shit with a black test subject for the newly discovered Über type. He still died due to the extreme convulsions that one experiences during the transformation - but yeah, the Americans are being pretty fucking retarded about it.
>>
File: Uber Invasion 3-8.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Invasion 3-8.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53515318
>pants on head retarded
They want to control their heavy hitters, it's not retarded.
>>
>>53515067
Wasn't Soviets training new cruisers/battleships under Ekatherine the last time they were shown?

They lost most of their ready tankmen under Kursk and the only ready battleship they head was a little crazy. There is now way for them to actually win the offensive in such a situation especially considering the abilities of Ekatherine. She is more suited for defensive operations or ambushes. In offensive campaign you'll need proper support. If she was not a natural fighter Siegliende would have whipped her in their battle due to much larger experience.

>>53514444

Americans lost a lot of tankmen yes, but they have all their battleships nearing completion and are currently installing new labs for creation of atomic bombs. On the other hand Nazi's are spread extremely thin. They have two battleships in America, one of which is a psychopath with clear brains deficit, third battleship is crippled and mostly travels by plane spending days in flight trying to close all the gaps. If the plane will be shot down she is out of the game for days or maybe weeks depending on where it will happen. And supposedly they have another battleship that we haven't seen on Eastern front keeping Soviets in check.

Nazi's panzemensch, blitzmensch and so on are mostly spread all over Europe trying to keep partisans in check. There is still some British catalyst and tankmen shitting all over their supply lines.

Shown numbers is 1 tankmen for around 5k people, and 1 battleship for around 500k. With cruisers and so on being somewhere in between. Germans had around 6.5kk people in the army max. Before all the shit Allies and Soviets did to them. They are already scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find panzermensch and battleships in their population and probably started recruiting civilians long ago. Considering that out of 3 starting battleships one was a psychopath they have definite problems with their human resources.
>>
>>53512088
Brits were basically suddenly making the mistakes that crippled the German war effort, over-engineering and putting all their eggs in one basket.

HMH Churchill is basically a human Mk VIII Maus, ridiculously powerful but too bulky and over-specialised to ever be useful on the battlefield.
>>
>>53516306
And she still could have won if they had support for her to box her opponents and pin them down.

But they had only Dunkirk on the scene.
>>
>>53515318
That's something the US probably would have done though, battleships are essentially unstoppable, if two out of three were black, they'd have no way to control them if they suddenly took offence to having to use the back entrance whenever they entered a building.
>>
>>53516306
Brits can't make mistakes, right?
>>
>>53516306
Thing is, the limiting factor for Battleship numbers is suitable candidates, not availability of activation procedures. It's logical to provide as many as possible wherever possible, although they almost certainly got the balance wrong and committed their Battleships too early.
>>
>>53516385
Well they are not so much unstoppable as there is no ready forces to take on them. And also no developed tactics. The fact that abilities of a fighter depend on his genetics also screws everyone over.

Imagine if in Kursk battle Soviets instead of normal tankmen had 3-5 Dunkirk type speedsters.
>>
>>53516335
Yeah, I'm disappointed the British focus on commandos has apparantly been entirely forgotten by the Brits in the series. They're acting German, always looking for the next super-weapon or innovation to save them, not British, relying on military intelligence to make sure any engagements are as asymetrical in their favour as possible.

I feel that realistically, they'd have been sat back using counter-intelligence dickery to cause the German battleships to be moved into vulnerable positions trying to engage armies that don't exist, then ambush their support units with a bunch of suped-up commandos.
>>
>>53516480
>relying on military intelligence
Anon, they are using acquired intelligence to close the gap in the new war nobody knows how to fight. Thanks to their intelligence USA can fight and Soviets got Katyusha.
>>
>>53516480
Didn't geltmensch were not uncovered at this time? If they tried to do something like this with geltmensch in the shadows it would have bitten them in the ass really hard.
>>
>>53516537
Ktyusha is more dumb luck. Soviets got early shitty processed catalyst and lucked out by sacrificing 500k people.
>>
>>53516393
It seems odd that having successfully identified that producing large quantities of easily maintainable and rapidly deployable war material like tanks and sten guns was superior to sinking half your defence budget into a single all-or-nothing wonder weapon, they seem to have forgotten this when it comes to super humans.

They tried twice to engage battleships one-on-one with their own, rather than focusing on mass producing tankmen and cruisers. They had their top expert essentially babysit Churchill for her entire, protracted development rather than having her working on setting up production lines for the more basic, rapidly deployable models.
>>
>>53516581
>lucked out
It was a calculated sacrifice. When numbers are so high, something is bound to happen. Who knows how many cruisers and destroyers they missed this way.
>>
>>53516585
>rather than having her working on setting up production lines for the more basic, rapidly deployable models
Did Brits have enough manpower for her efforts to make much difference?
>>
>>53516665
Larger fighting-age population than Germany had at this stage of the war.
>>
>>53516630
Sacrifice was calculated yes. Getting Katyusha out of it was luck. And she is actually was shown starting to train a group of people some of whom were wounded. Probably the cruisers and destroyers that they could not detect when they were readying for Kursk.
>>
>>53515370
IMHO, in M&M you could pull it off with players being a group of cruisers/destroyers. They would be able to take on a battleship as a group with some preparation.
>>
>>53516665

Germans had been looking for candidates for two years before the series began, while the deployment of Churchill was six months after the series began. They probably had a serious disadvantage in numbers at every point since they use tests.
>>
>>53516852
*the same tests
>>
>>53516852
Or maybe Brits lucked out with Leah before they fucked up her with terrible design
>>
>>53516910
Frankly if they'd just made her a normal battleship and spent the rest of the time giving her actual military training she'd probably have been more successful than just 'lets make her fuckheug and hope she magically learns how to fight'
>>
>>53516138
>Considering that out of 3 starting battleships one was a psychopath

I can't really see the Nazis considering that to be a defect, especially given that he's got a childlike loyalty to the Party and Hitler.
>>
>>53514836
>Turinger has managed to decode a bit of Über knowledge that the Nazis know nothing about.

I wonder what it'll be, there's only really been two kinds of Uber up until now, the normal tankmen + variations/specialisations and the geltmensch.

Invisibility?
>>
>>53517111
He killed the man responsible for Germany recovery and has less combat experience than Razor. Siegfried is a joke and liability.
>>
File: Uber 21 waifu wars.jpg (1024KB, 2328x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Uber 21 waifu wars.jpg
1024KB, 2328x1800px
>>53517111

Yeah, Claudia/Sieglinde was their first attempted activation after what resulted in >>53512677 (and thus considered the most expendable) despite them knowing about the psychological issues of Markus/Siegfried.
>>
>>53517251
He's also utterly loyal to the Nazi leadership and powerful enough to effortlessly rek anything that isn't another battleship. The Nazi party wasn't universally loved within the Wehrmacht or the general German populace, particular late in the war.

There's a reason they've kept him back, same reason the Americans won't allow their two black battleship candidates to fully activate to the point where they could equal the white one.
>>
>>53517198
Levitation or telekinesis, I guess
>>
File: Uber Invasion 3-13.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Invasion 3-13.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53517331
>powerful enough to effortlessly rek anything
Not really, he is a chump
>>
>>53517289
I think she is also the weakest of the three. Though considering her experience and level of control over Halo she should be able to just walk over the Siegfried. Or roll, considering that she is currently crippled.
>>
>>53517198
Maybe regenerators. It's about time to introduce such power now that casualties and traumas among Ubers are high. Test subjects died before maturing, we don't know what they were capable of.
>>
>>53517355
Yeah, there is a good reason they used him only for executions and terror missions before. He doesn't feel fear. No fucking survival instinct and he is also pretty dumb.
>>
>>53517355

That very page reminds that Siegmund got also rekt against mass tankmen. He didn't just lose an arm and kill them all, he had to run.
>>
>>53517049
This whole muh wen want to learn stick was abolutely retarded.

You don't go around starting risky experiment when the enemy is kicking your teeth in.

>>53516385

>if two out of three were black, they'd have no way to control them if they suddenly took offence to having to use the back entrance whenever they entered a building.

This. I can honestly see a lot of people (especially in the south) who would prefer a settlement with the Nazis than two super powered blacks.

Once a few cities get flattened isolationism should become stronger and after all the brits made a deal.

And we are talking about 45-46 here. There is so much fucking bad blood between blacks and whites. I sincerely dou they would give them so much power.
>>
>>53517486
>He didn't just lose an arm and kill them all
He was attacked after being tired in a fight and cut from the support. Siegfried was fresh and rested after terror mission against civilians. Apparently Germans purposely trained him wrong as a joke.
>he had to run
Nothing wrong with tactical retreat. Germany would fall if he died.
>>
File: katyusha.jpg (117KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
katyusha.jpg
117KB, 477x640px
>>53517289
Katyusha > Everything else.

With the exception of Siegmund, she's the only battleship with actual military experience prior to being enhanced. Even then, Siegmund seems to have been a tank commander/officer rather than a infantry(wo)man like Katyusha.
>>
>>53517638
He's essentially superpowered gestapo. He's there to maintain loyalty amongst the other German ubers, they only deployed him onto the frontlines because they needed to take out America before they could deploy too many ubers.
>>
>>53517560

There is a logic in what they did with Leah.

Colossus was a conventional and got destroyed. He wasn't fully baked, but even if Leah was, she'd be facing three more experienced enemies of the same level. However purely physical tankmen activations were stomping conventional tankmen, so they figured the same could happen with battleships, making the numerical disadvantage and experience less of an issue. Turned out to be a bad idea but sometimes it happens.
>>
>>53517671
Arguably she also has a natural talent for fighting. If she wasn't also crazy... But you can't have everything.
>>
>>53517671
...did her hand grow back?
>>
>>53517754
She seems one of the more emotionally healthy people in the comic to me. A bit eccentric in her mannerisms maybe but she's probably the most moral characters, both uber and non-uber.
>>
File: 1454951938714.jpg (729KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1454951938714.jpg
729KB, 2000x2000px
>>53517743

Yeah bu it became pretty obvious that at a certain point the activations were starting to really hurt her.
>>
>>53517671
10/10 waifu.
>>
>>53517780
Erm, Siegmund lost an arm. Katyusha is ok. She whipped Siegliende pretty hard. Probably halo-welded some of her bones.
>>
>>53517671

Katyusha quite possibly just has a higher power level than the other battleships. We don't know how many activations she took and her test blew up a flat and splattered the testers, other battleship test positives have just knocked them senseless. This means she can win against any enemy she sees, if she's not living through the series it's because of a Stalinist backstab.
>>
>>53517842
Yeah. She's pretty unstoppable offensively, but she doesn't seem to have a physical activation, she's possibly anti-HMH Churchill, so vulnerable to pretty much anything that would kill a regular human.

Presumably if the Russian peasant woman had gone through with her plan to kill her in her sleep, it might have succeeded.
>>
>>53517842
Not in close combat. Her "build" is definitely Halo-heavy and with some side bonuses - like ability to create catalyst. Though I have a theory that most ubers could do it if they have enough control over Halo.
>>
>>53517829

By that point she was already deformed, and we don't know if it also happens to heavy tankmen before their activation is completed. Leah's debilitating pains also stopped because her activation was completed, it was just done at 21(?) because Stephanie was afraid she would die before getting to full 24.
>>
File: 145685467497.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
145685467497.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53517833
Katyusha was missing a hand during the first part of the comic, after Berlin. Did she grow it back with battleship magics?
>>
>>53517968

Ah that, seems like yes. Considering that Siegliende was able to make plastic surgery on herself and change hair colour, plus other Halo effects that we have seen, it's not impossible. Though it should be a more complex operation. Considering that Katyusha has the best Halo of all the current ubers she probably could rebuild herself fully as long as she is not dead.
>>
>>53517892

She has some physical activations, she's bigger after completing the process and survives her own blood test that obviously was fatal to normal people, she was just knocked unconscious. Also Sieglinde's halo blasts explode the tankmen around her while she gets no relevant injuries.
>>
>>53518067

Even Sieglinde's injuries should in theory be fixable with halo, considering Siegmund could remove Hitler's mouth, lips and all, before killing him and then reconstruct it moments later. That involves serious reconstruction of muscle and nerve tissue.
>>
>>53501139
>Pic related its a comic about German Nazi Superheros in WW2 (other fascist nations need not apply.)

Fixed.
>>
>>53518174
Yeah, but Siegliende is the best they have in the way of Halo control and she is also constantly on the front. She doesn't have time for experiments with surgery. If she survives war, yeah, probably within a couple of months her injuries could be healed.
>>
>>53518174
>Even Sieglinde's injuries should in theory be fixable with halo
She suffers a lot from strain and combat weariness. I don't think halo effect can fix that.
>>
>>53501139
Kek
>>
>>53518100
Ah, forgot about that. That is good, waifu is more robust than previously thought.
>>
>>53518245
They even mention her injuries might still slowly heal themselves if she continues to rest, but the shove her back out onto the frontlines anyway.
>>
>>53517740
Or maybe because the real Hitler who adored him died and the new Hitler doesn't value him that much
>>
>>53516138
>Wasn't Soviets training new cruisers/battleships under Ekatherine the last time they were shown?
I stopped trusting Gilen about this, that it will come up and be meaningful to plot until tides turn and its near end of series, some n issues whatever he decide to end this comic.

>And supposedly they have another battleship that we haven't seen on Eastern front keeping Soviets in check.
I think that one is Siegline what Allies only asume it was new Battleship.
>>
>>53518419
>I think that one is Siegline what Allies only asume it was new Battleship.
Ugh, if its true they are gonna run her into the ground. She is like what, trying to keep up with at least three different fronts right now?
>>
>>53518463
Britain signed peace. USSR can't attack now that their only battleship is roaming somewhere and she took two dozens potential destroyers and cruisers with her. It's only Patton and potential partisan Ubers in Europe. USA soil is the main front right now.
>>
>>53518463
Conveniently none of those fronts really pose any danger to Nazi Germany, UK don't even count anymore, Soviet status quo can be extended forever and rest of Europe is allies being in total chaos and disarray with apparently only Uber Paton as only commanding officer there.
Italian front wasn't even mentioned all this time.
>>
>>53518530
I'd say it is potential partisans period. Our miss Bond showed that tankmen could be killed with normal weapons if you try hard enough. And Germany just doesn't have manpower to control all this territory. They struggled with partisans when they were at their height during offensive against USSR and now most of their forces consist of tankmen. Even if we assume the most favourable conversion rate they have at maximum around 1300 tankmen. Which must work as substitutes for all the work that were before done by machines.

Yeah, they should still have some conventional forces but how many?
>>
>>53518708

Not enough to regain Italy or Southern France. The ubers are now spread thin enough that after Britain's surrender Germany is being bombed again by the US forces.
>>
File: That entire comment of (You)rs.jpg (48KB, 441x439px) Image search: [Google]
That entire comment of (You)rs.jpg
48KB, 441x439px
>>53518188
>>
>>53518708
>Even if we assume the most favourable conversion rate they have at maximum around 1300 tankmen.
Germans are willing to burn down what they can't hold. The question is whether they are able to turn their successes into propaganda and get Nazi recruits and potential Ubers from outside Germany. Britain didn't recruit from India, it could hold several potential battleships.
>>
>>53518854
>Germans are willing to burn down what they can't hold.
Which means they'll have even more trouble with partisans and starving people who no longer have anything to lose. It also means that they are probably burning most of factories that could have in theory supplied them with conventional arms because they don't have the means to man them in reasonable time frame. Which in turn makes their reliance on ubers overwhelming.
>>
>>53518854

Hard to imagine how burning everything would get you foreign recruits. Would Germans even want that, given the risk posed by unreliable ubers.

Thus they are limited to using the population of Germany as their recruiting pool and aren't getting any more new battleships, they found four candidates by summer 1944 and there's been no one since even though testing has presumably continued.
>>
>>53518959
>Hard to imagine how burning everything would get you foreign recruits.
You don't burn potential allies obviously.
>Thus they are limited to using the population of Germany as their recruiting pool
And whatever Nazi supporters might join now from Spain and other neutral countries. Remember, they don't have to be young fit men with military training, they just have to pass the test.

China and India are two regions with incredible untapped pontential. Imagine cruiser Mao who puts chairman Yang to shame.
>>
>>53518948
>It also means that they are probably burning most of factories that could have in theory supplied them with conventional arms
They don't need conventional arms that much. It lessens burden on German economy and lets them focus on rebuilding the country.
>Which in turn makes their reliance on ubers overwhelming
Everyone relies on ubers nowadays. I wonder if Mengele will try complete blood transfusion or some other disgusting crap on prisoners to find new ways to make ubers.
>>
>>53519055
Nazi's are allies with Japs. If China gets catalyst there will be a hell to pay after what Japs did up to 1945.
>>
>>53519055

They're burning the North Sea rim and Italy and Spain are still behind Allied lines. Italy's government is no longer German-friendly and Franco didn't join the war when Germany was doing well. Japan was pretty much the only ally they had at early 1945 and the only one they shared Uber tech with.
>>
>>53519145
>They don't need conventional arms that much. It lessens burden on German economy and lets them focus on rebuilding the country.
They need fleet and aviation. Or other uber types capable to work over long distances.
>>
>>53519159
>Nazi's are allies with Japs.
Anon, by supporters I mean ideological supporters, not diplomatic allies.
>If China gets catalyst there will be a hell to pay after what Japs did up to 1945
After ripping Japan a new asshole Chinese would turn onto Western powers who bullied them for so long. It's safe to say nobody wants that and China won't get Uber technology.
>>
>>53519237
>They need fleet
They need submarines and they are relatively cheap to produce.
>aviation
What for? Britain is no longer at war. USA is too far to be reached through Atlantic and Germans don't have bases in Americas. Only planes they need right now are transports and fighters.
>>
>>53519366
>After ripping Japan a new asshole Chinese would turn onto Western powers who bullied them for so long. It's safe to say nobody wants that and China won't get Uber technology.
Unless Katyusha gets a new bright idea.
>>
>>53519454
Soviets moved their factories to Ural and Germans even with ubers were not able to reach them. In 1945 USSR had a stable and fast rate of production for all of it main aircraft. Even if blitzmensch are good as AA installations they still tire and could be just brought down by multiple night raids that don't allow them to rest.
>>
>>53519533
>Even if blitzmensch are good as AA installations they still tire and could be just brought down by multiple night raids that don't allow them to rest.
Regular people can be used for old fashioned AA duty.
>>
>>53519586
>Regular people can be used for old fashioned AA duty.
With what? Rifles? In 1945 German industry is in ruins after Allies and Soviets spent a lot of time bombing and shelling it on their way to Berlin.

Don't forget that ubers entered war in battle for Berlin when most of the Germany was fucked beyond all reason.
>>
>>53516480
>looking for the next super-weapon or innovation to save them,

>Radar
>Jet fighters
>Electro-mechanical computers
>Atomic weapons
Obviously there's a balance but it's not like the allies weren't also heavily invested in pushing new technology to try and gain an advantage
>>
>>53517198
My money's one either flight or some kind of speed power
>>
>>53512487
>Thinking the Nazi's had any chance of Operation Sealion ever happening
>>
>Germany having two ubers and pushing the soviets back somehow stops the RAF and USAF from having overwhelming airpower or just dropping a nuke on Berlin
>>
What is it about the word/suffix über that fascinates non-German speakers?
Here are some very commonly used examples:
>Übersicht - overview
>übergreifend - overall
>Überraschung - surprise (Überraschungsei - literally surprise egg)
>Übersetzer - translator
You see, it's rather boring
>>
File: 1491569907029.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1491569907029.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53515370
How would you do a strategy game in Uber setting? TBS tactical game, grand strategy or something else?
>>
>>53520779
I thought speed power was just a right balance/application of Halo and strength. Dunkirk already was a speedster even if nowhere near Flash levels.

>>53521844
They infiltrated American labs that were creating atomic bombs. Could not get their hands on actual research but they destroyed them. So now Americans have only one bomb left and new ones will be done only in a couple of months at best.

There is also not that much left to bomb. German industry is more or less already dead and their ubers are spread pretty thin making massed bombings not a very effective affair. Berlin is a bunch of loose stones with nothing of value left to bomb.

If say Soviets or British had land armies capable of taking on Germans than yeah, aviation would give them a definitive edge. But right now they don't.

>>53524412
Well in Russian it actually is used in the same meaning as 'super'
>>
>>53529591
Tactical wargame should actually be pretty nice. For all their power even battleships are limited by how far they can see. So making a wargame with destructible cover should be just right.
>>
>>53517331
>>53517355
I think Siegfried isnt insane, hes literally just a little boy. He is only ever shown in flashbacks of his old life as a child and with the new British battleship candidate being a little girl I'm starting to get the impression that they can age up if the catalyst is used on them.
>>
>>53517198
>>53520779
Its 100% flight, the candidates who went through the catalyst for the new power had their bodys fly off into the air(or try to) when it kicked in. Also we know from one or two of the covers that there are tank men with flight suits on implying more so this new power is flight.
>>
>>53530337

Flight has to be combined with normal halo plus physical combos to make them useful against other ubers in fight though, otherwise the fliers are dead as soon as someone sees them. This would mean it's got combat utility only on a destroyer or higher.
>>
>>53530554
That actually could explain a lot - recipients of flight must have at least one physical activation first to survive it.
>>
>>53530923
Agreed, I thought the same thing. Americans made mistakes in a rush to discover new ability. They have to test on half activated tankmen next.
>>
File: 28.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Wow, Sieglinde was a hottie
>>
>>53501139
Idk, but this comic looks cool. Will pick up. Sorry cant contribute, but I'm sure you could mold mutants and masterminds into something that would work.
>>
so let me get this straight
you guys read comics that present nazis in a "cool superhero" way?
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: Come on now.jpg (79KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Come on now.jpg
79KB, 499x498px
>>53531962
>This fiction offends my delicate sensibilities
>>
>>53531962
Are you retarded or just trolling?
>>
>>53531991
yes it does. do you have any idea what horrific, unspeakable crimes nazis committed?
>>
>>53532018
Like removing your brain?
>>
>>53532018
They do a lot of those in this, too. And speaking as somebody who had most of my paternal family killed by them, it doesn't matter because I can separate fiction from reality and it's not really attractive fiction to live in anyway. Grow up.
>>
>>53532063
It is still glorifying nazis. Fucking nazis.
>>
File: (You) Have to go back.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
(You) Have to go back.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>53532103
I'm sure r/Antfa misses you anon.
>>
>>53532103
I think the writer's hard-on for Nazi victory is a consequence of misunderstanding dramatic effect rather than actual sympathy, since they're depicted extremely unfavorably.

Which you would know if you were literate, but you're not, so sure, the thread you didn't read is about loving Nazis, and definitely not how to represent in tabletop form the superpower mechanics that give rise to this piece of alternate history fiction.
>>
File: 1496219791452.jpg (2MB, 1200x1857px) Image search: [Google]
1496219791452.jpg
2MB, 1200x1857px
>>53532158

How many times does Captain America need to punch Hitler before people start feeling sympathy for old Adolf?
>>
File: 0LWLg.jpg (140KB, 728x1079px) Image search: [Google]
0LWLg.jpg
140KB, 728x1079px
>>53532190
At least once more, as always.
Unless you're Japanese.
>>
>>53532103
Try actually reading the book before having an stroke. There is nothing glamorous about any of the Nazis in this
>>
File: 1462581308455.jpg (607KB, 826x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1462581308455.jpg
607KB, 826x1133px
>>53531962
Jesus.

This is 4chan. Why the fuck do you come here when Nazi heroes upset you ?

Apart from the fact that the whole comic is clearly Anti Nazi.
>>
>>53532367
These people enjoy a comic with superhero nazis who beat up american troops.
How can anyone support this?
>>
>>53532396

I enjoy it too dickhead.

Maybe by having more reading comprehending than a 8 year old or by not being an oversensitive tumblerina. Pick one faggot.
>>
>>53532417
*comprehension
>>
>>53532396
Why is beating up American troops worse than beating up everyone else? And that's been a thing since Captain America's backstory fucking ages ago, unless you somehow missed Red Skull. This just does it in more graphic detail, which makes none of it seem glamorous at all, really.
>>
>>53532396
Holy shit.
Do you still run out of Disney movies because the villain has the upper hand in the first half hour?
You know you have to be 18 years old to browse this website, right?
>>
>>53532396
'cause its cool
>>
>>53532449
I don't think even Nazi's really like what they do to protect their country. Except Siegfried. Fuck Siegfried.
>>
>>53532463
Well, we know for a fact Siegmund hates it, and Sieglinde is one of those fatalistic death seeker types, but Siegfried is just a psychopath. I suspect he'd be just fine fighting for the other side if he was allowed the same atrocities as before.
>>
>>53532449

>Why is beating up American troops worse than beating up everyone else?

Because american have no realistic sense of self importance.
>>
>>53532396
You have no problem with Nazis killing Brits and Soviets, I see
>>
There's no way this anon is really this retarded, right? This is some poor attempt at bait and shitposting.
>>
>>53530312
>that they can age up if the catalyst is used on them
Wait a minute, does it mean this comic has ss?
>>
>>53532749
Carlos I'm ethnically cleansing you
>>
File: panzerlos.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
panzerlos.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>53532777
It's too late.
>>
File: UberCarlos.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
UberCarlos.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>53532886
I fixed your pic
>>
>>53532968
That is considerably better, but then I've never been able to lay claim to artistry.
>>
File: uWykqbO.png (268KB, 272x688px) Image search: [Google]
uWykqbO.png
268KB, 272x688px
>>53529695
>Well in Russian it actually is used in the same meaning as 'super'
In german too in certain contexts.
>Übermensch - Superhuman
for example

>>53532487
>and Sieglinde is one of those fatalistic death seeker types
I don't remember much of the story, and haven't read Invasion yet. But has she really changed from pic related to a death seeking grill?
>>
>>53534668
After her injury, somewhat, but I was talking more about her "we can only make sure everyone loses" line. She isn't running straight into enemy fire, but she quite clearly believes that her country is totally fucked anyway.

I'd quite like to see an Ubermensch that actually reads their Nietzsche and decides to decide their own morality, anyone below Battleship seems to be entirely content being cannon fodder. Might be cool to see some decide "fuck you, I'm not fighting in your war" and going off to build their own village or something. Of course, that relies on them getting a supply of that nutrient paste stuff.
>>
>>53534794
Most of German forces should be those who survived retreat to Berlin so if they didn't desert until now they probably won't. Scientists literally gave a miracle to soldiers in Wehrmacht to defend their country.

Also most soldiers do not have full information about limitations of catalyst. So they probably think that situations is better than it actually is. With battleships being exceptions due to the level on which they operate.
>>
>>53535051
>Most of German forces should be those who survived retreat to Berlin
Most of Germans forces would be teenagers who grew old enough to be drafted with some diehard veterans here and there.
>>
>>53535065
Which means they are too stupid to run.
>>
>>53517780
SiegLinde hasn't tried to heal herself. Might be hard when she is as fucked up as she is.
SiegMund hasn't tried to grow his arm back. He has so far only tried to kill Hitler via heart failure.
Spoiled brat SiegFried got his first confidence dampner by being swarmed.

>>53517842
>Standard 1:1 activation of standard German stolen 1:1 catalyst
>Higher quality Halo focused catalyst
She is pretty "normal" for a fully stacked battleship.
She was also allowed to refine her catalyst, and gotten all her activations before leaving for Kursk.
>>
File: 1496239778488.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1496239778488.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
So Japanese almost threw away their potential battleship
>>
>>53517917
She made the catalyst that gave her the halo herself.
>>
>>53517917
>Uber
>Side bonus
wrong comic. Its even the wrong type of moral.
Uber is about taking advantage of your capabilities. Which is why they have Tankmen riding around on motorbikes. 3 man strike teams, heroic suicide wests.

But Uber is also about the fact that capabilities go deeper. Tankmen haven't been used for Civilian capacities yet. In fact, it took almost the entire of first part, for them to realize Halo can be used to build stuff. Or surgery. Or the fact they killed HMS Colossi instead of finishing his activations and hoping he fixed himself with Halo.
Blitzmen hasn't been given sight enhancers yet.
Linde showed us that you could even use Tankmen to manifactur Chemicals, which Maria end up doing to create refined catalysts.
>>
>>53536790
Actually, I don't remember other Ubers ingesting catalyst. Is this the secret behind higher halo unit activation?
>>
>>53536790

From the looks of it Colossus had to have serious brain damage, even if it's possible for every halo user to do what Maria did and regrow limbs etc. he couldn't have learned it.
>>
>>53536896
We only get to see Maria, Collosus, Golem Jew and Linde. Because everyone else is "fully activated" when they show up, or we get to see their PTSD showing afterwards.
>>
>>53532103
No its not, but the writer is retarded and lets the Nazis win for too long to keep up the drama
>>53532705
Newfags can be pretty stupid, so who knows?
>>
>>53537092
Yamato was activated in the same way Germans do, catalyst applied to the forehead. The thing is Japanese got their tech from Germans and so did Brits (with breakout into body units) and Americans from them. Soviets got limited knowledge from the West and could be researching these things independently.
>>
>>53536896
She and all the Soviets where given a taste sample, diluted in paper.
So she is "tasting" the catalyst, because that is what she is used to.
But it doesn't matter how its ingested, so long it gets proper body contact, or so they explained to Stalin.
>>
>>53537656
>So she is "tasting" the catalyst, because that is what she is used to.
Penicillin was discovered accidentally. It happens.
>or so they explained to Stalin
Soviets got data from allies who got their tech from Germans in turn. It's unlikely that Germans would risk losing battleships to experiments after fucking up battleship zero.
>>
>>53537766
Why are you arguing that Maria is "special"? Where is the logic?
>>
>>53537792

Her test explosion was much bigger than that of other battleships.
>>
>>53537792
I don't. Why does it bother you so much?
>>
File: Cleanly_missed_the_brain.gif (2MB, 170x127px) Image search: [Google]
Cleanly_missed_the_brain.gif
2MB, 170x127px
>>53537853
>Russians in bomb suits
>Equal to a properly sealed blast test
>>
>>53538308
And allies and germans tested their samples with a few safety measures. Klaudia was confirmed positive in the hospital with test tube exploding in Sankt's face.
>>
>>53507932
>>53508224
Sounds like a key element to making this work might be to focus on central but "backstage" action like with turing and the research/logistics/support. Maybe with one or two actual fighters who communicate with the others and lead movements in the battlefield among npcs.

Actually, with the high lethality, you'd need to really follow the spirit of the setting you could probably have players make separate combat characters that they take over in battle though you'd need good players to not metagame knowledge across characters.
>>
>>53539841
A squad based game makes more sense. GMs would have to play along really well to make sure players don't get a TPK shortly into the game because they stumbled on a Battelship and they're just four tankmen and a heavy
>>
>>53538308
Her test literally blew through the building she was in. Even other battleship potentials just have small firecracker explosions
>>
>>53501139
Godlike exists.
>>
File: patton.png (856KB, 636x978px) Image search: [Google]
patton.png
856KB, 636x978px
As poor as the writing is, I'm hoping patton doesn't get murdered in one issue as an afterthought by the writer. The last comic had an awesome frame with him at the end.
>>
>>53541556
He will awaken battleship zero and ride it into battle
>>
I was thinking about reading this but looking at the comments here about the nazi asspulls put me off. And i am saying that as a wehraboo. It would be entertaining to watch dudes killing hordes with mind bullets but that would probably get old after a while and apperently this comic is full of it.
>>
>>53541667
I'm not a fan of Nazis or gore but I love this comic.
Horde killing ends before it gets old and the comic regularly throws something new at you.
>>
>>53541125
>Window == building
Ay lmao
>>
>>53541992
>wall destroyed
>rocks falling down
Ayyyyy
>>
>>53542057
Brits was prepared for it. Golems dialogue makes it clear that her abnormality was the same "oh, drop exploded"
Her retest is destroys half of the explosive sealing system its tested in

And I can't even remember if residue testing could be done on unactivated blood or not.
>>
>>53542167
Could you post the page before Katyushas test blows up?
>>
>>53542224
They aren't even wearing bombsuits, they are just thinking it will produce glass shards.
>>
>>53542243
Those are actually WW2 engineer anti-mine suits.

So yes, in a way they are bomb suits.
>>
>>53542167
>Her retest is destroys half of the explosive sealing system its tested in
>just reinforced glass
Not the same thing as a wall, right?
>>
>>53542470
Thats not reinforced glass anon. Thats a pressure chamber, reinforced glass, a seal, and a a lot more.
>>
>>53542582
And the blast produced by Leah isn't even close in power
>>
>>53542582
We need some /sci/ fucker to tell us what takes more force... blowing up a room including wall, or wrecking the internal parts of a pressure chamber.

We gone full capeshit now, using math to see which fictional entity is stronger.
>>
>>53542646
>>
>>53542243

Wait a second, why are the slavs wearing digital camo which wasnt designed until 2000s
>>
>>53542243
The digital camo is ruining my immersion
>>
>>53542739
You are going to gulag for such questions
>>
>>53542755
O blin.
I should have kept picking potatoes.
>>
File: Uber Issue 5 Cover.jpg (217KB, 1165x900px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 5 Cover.jpg
217KB, 1165x900px
I really like the Power Set of the Uber characters and the sort of power ranking system/classes but the comic has so many problems for me. The seeming inability for the Nazis to lose a meaningful engagement, which has been mentioned numerous times in this and /co/'s Uber thread, is probably the biggest problem I have with the comic. I mean I understand you need Germany to win a few to prolong the conflict but there are better ways to do that without turning all the allies into idiots who forget they have a giant military industrial complex backing them.
>>
>>53542836
Too pozdno, cyka
>>
>>53542243
She's also credited for perhaps the only moment in all alternative pasts, presents and futures where Stalin actually gets afraid of somebody.
>>
>>53542869
>The seeming inability for the Nazis to lose a meaningful engagement
Anon, many complainers fail to notice that the comic mirrors history of our world. Remember how Nazis appeared to be invincible for years?
>>
>>53542869
Its like you speedread this comic, and fail to take note of what the Nazi's have lost so far.
>>
>>53542924
>the only moment in all alternative pasts, presents and futures where Stalin actually gets afraid of somebody
Which is weird because Stalin was paranoid and fear was his main motivation
>>
>>53542869
>The seeming inability for the Nazis to lose a meaningful engagement
What is the second battle of Kursk?
>>
>>53542976
Well, let us say Stalin accepts his fear in this scenario.
>>
>>53543010
I'd not be surprised if Stalin turns out to be Uber but he is too scared of being killed during activation to try it.
>>
>>53542999
>1 wounded vs dozens dead
>>
>>53543060
1 battleship wounded and retreating
>>
>>53543060
>>53543092
they even said the battle of paris in terms of manpower lost was a victory but Pyrrhic
>>
>>53543421
That would be a problem if they had to fight the British and Americans at the same time as the Soviets.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>53543500
British and Americans had been waiting while Ivans did the dirty job before.
>>
File: Uber the comic.png (244KB, 760x4460px) Image search: [Google]
Uber the comic.png
244KB, 760x4460px
>>
>>53543584
>no mention of USSR
I wonder who could make this?
>>
>>53543558
That would be a valid point if the Western Allies weren't forcing the Germans to dedicate vast amounts of resources to fortifying Western Europe, crippling German industry with strategic bombing, and supplying the USSR basically the entirety of the Red Army's logistics vehicles on top of a shitton of food and (in the early days) a significant percentage of their fighting vehicles.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>53541556
>OVER THE ALPS, PERHAPS?
>>
>>53542869
>a giant military industrial complex backing them.

Sort of irrelavent given how powerful the battleships are, plus the Germans have more tankmen than anyone else, or at least did, which can rek conventional forces. Only the British have been shown developing tactics for unenhanced humans to kill tankmen and that boiled down to 'try and hit them with an anti-tank weapon'.

It'll help longterm but we're still pretty early in the timeframe from when the ubers first deployed in Berlin.
>>
>>53543705
>forcing the Germans to dedicate vast amounts of resources to fortifying Western Europe, crippling German industry with strategic bombing
Brits were doing such a great job that Germany decided they are safe to attack Soviets. Burning of Dresden was crippling, I guess.
>supplying the USSR basically the entirety of the Red Army's logistics vehicles
Thanks for trucks
>significant percentage of their fighting vehicles
No thanks for the tanks, they were shit
>Oh, wait.
Oh wait, you don't know what dirty job means
>>
>>53542646
Look at the difference in the amount of catalyst the Russians were using compared to the Brits.

You can't even see it in the Brit's test tube, the Russian one is half-full. That probably accounts for the huge blast from Katyusha's sample.
>>
File: Uber Issue 7 Cover.jpg (329KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 7 Cover.jpg
329KB, 1000x1537px
>>53542941
But the comic starts at the end of the war in May of 1945 when German industry and infrastructure should not have been able to sustain the troops and tactics the Nazis are using in the comics not to mention the allies seem to forget how to fight a war anytime they go up against a German force larger than 5 tankmen
>>
>>53543818
>t. knows nothing about strategic bombing in WWII or the extreme importance of logistics in a modern army, especially one as large as the USSR's
>>
The real injustice of this comic is how shitty the Allied uber's costumes are.

They deployed HMH Colossus in a boiler suit. A fucking boiler suit.

Brit tank men are just regular soldier's uniforms with goggles and an ! on their helmets.

Meanwhile Nazis get snazzy hoplite helmets and leather longcoats.
>>
>>53543909
>should not have been able to sustain the troops
They don't need large standing army anymore. Ubers are much cheaper than regular tanks to maintain and operate. The same goes for Allies as well. New weapons and tactics relieve industrial capacities for other purposes.
>>
>>53543948
t. Englishman#14 offended by the portrayal of your beloved homeland
>>
>>53544005
Allies didn't have time to design cool uniforms for Ubers. I bet Sankt drawn cool new uniforms in his journal two years before the comic starts.
>>
>>53544028
I'm Scottish you munter.
>>
>>53543818
>Brits were doing such a great job that Germany decided they are safe to attack Soviets.

More like they wanted to strike because they considered a Soviet attack to be inevitable and they had very little area to perform a defence in depth. Britain was fighting significant German forces in N. Africa when Op. Barbarossa launched, including a lot of their best armoured units. And Rommel.

Plus fighting the largest Japanese army that existed at any point in the war in Burma

Sure the USSR did the bulk of the fighting in WW2, but it's not like Britain was just sat the other side of the channel twiddling their thumbs until Op. Overlord launched in 1944.
>>
>>53544073
So what?
>>
>>53544092
He's alerting you to the fact he's merely a subject of the English, not an actual Englishman.
>>
>>53544091
>More like they wanted to strike because they considered a Soviet attack to be inevitable
They wouldn't strike if they didn't feel safe enough to do that.
>Britain was fighting significant German forces in N. Africa when Op. Barbarossa launched, including a lot of their best armoured units. And Rommel.
I don't try to belittle it but how would it end if Germany had safety and more spare resources to throw into fire?
>Plus fighting the largest Japanese army that existed at any point in the war in Burma
Japanese forces in Burma counted about 300k men. Kwantung Army was 700k men strong by 1945.
>>
>>53544216
His reaction is the same as from many others readers living in the Anglosphere despite his nationality.
>>
>>53544005
>he real injustice of this comic is how shitty the Allied uber's costumes are.
As in real life the Nazis will always have the most /fa/ army
>>
>>53544317
Wasn't aware of the Kwantung Army, other two points are moot though, at no point did German command consider British forces to be irrelevent and feel 'safe', which is what you're implying.

They didn't feel 'safe' because the British troops weren't capable of threatening them, they allocated resources according to perceived enemy strength. Britain was in no way capable of mustering armies in Europe comparable to the USSR and whilst the USSR and greater German regions shared a huge land border, Britain was no more capable of launching an invasion across the channel than the Germans were of following through with Op. Sealion.

If Britain hadn't been in N. Africa, the Germans would have gained access to huge reserves of oil unopposed, which would have made life extremely difficult for the Soviets.

Italy would have also been free to contribute more troops to the eastern front, for whatever good that might have done.
>>
>>53542941
> Remember how Nazis appeared to be invincible for years?
Only if you buy into historical memes and propaganda.
>>
>>53503491
nazis get superpowers late into the war
lol they win all the time
>>
>>53508284
just up the points total
>>
>>53529591
The most fun I can imagine would be like Battletech or Flames of War. Battletech would be a better match because of the heat mechanics. In the case of Panzermensh you'd rename it fatigue and keep most of the associated penalties.
>>
>>53545021
They win all the time despite the author going 'they're gonna lose i promise but first watch them dominate the entire world btw they are so crippled'
>>
>>53543909
What are the blue orbs they have in front of their faces?
>>
>>53545253
Halo fields
>>
>>53545253
The "Halo Effect"
Basically an Uber can rearrange and destabilize the atomic structure of matter, it manifests as a sort of blue ball lightning
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.