[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1495924314891.jpg (490KB, 720x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1495924314891.jpg
490KB, 720x1214px
So, I've got my friends into RPGs a year ago with D&D 5e by making the campaign sandbox filled with humour and stupid "funny" shit, so now I can't play anymore, it's driving me nuts, if I try something new, they just turn the game into a circus, and being GM all the time doesn't help at all, even if I let someone else GM, they wouldn't know shit about the system, about the setting, or anything about GMing at all.
I can't stand playing with them more than an hour, then I just stop and one of the friend gets annoyed with me because I always "fuck up" and don't really want to play.
I know I screwed up, but I don't have anyone else to play with, and Roll20 isn't my kind of thing.
What should I do? How can I get them more involved and invested into gaming?
>>
>>53498935
>Roll20 isn't my kind of thing
Then you need to make it your thing.

Outside of going native and learning to like what your players do, it's about the only option you have.
>>
>>53498991
Ah, goddammit, I'll probably try it, but, is it worth it to play without camera/voice?
>learning to like what your players do
It WAS fun the first dozen times, but I really can't stand it anymore.
>>
>>53499193
>is it worth it to play without camera/voice?
Probably. I've been doing it most of the time, and text only has its own merits. Try both if you can, though, and make your own conclusion.
>>
Oh, yeah, and I was thinking of making a "serious" VtM campaign to see how they will react to it.
>>
>>53498935
Talk to your players about playing another game. Subtly hinting that this time it will be more serious
>>
>>53499733
This.

Talk to your friends and tell them how you feel. Burnout happens.
>>
>>53499556
how did you plan on making it serious?
>>
>>53499733
>>53499556
This is what I'm thinking of doing, and I talked to them, problem is, they played the cRPG, and what they have in mind is playing as a bat shit crazy Malkavian and pursue debauchery.
>>53499825
I'm making the campaign around the idea of Sabbat being involved in organized crime, I have some ideas, like making the characters ambivalent and ambiguous, although they all have their quirks. Also, I'm thinking of making it "hilarious" so they get accustomed to the game, and then abruptly change the tone of it. I mean, I'll have to railroad them a bit, but MAYBE it will help.
>>
>>53500204
>I'm making the campaign around the idea of Sabbat being involved in organized crime
you're giving them 'vampire mafia' and not expecting them to go ridiculous with it?
>>
>>53499556
>>53500204
Sorry, didn't read your post, long day etc...
Well I think you either need to talk to your players and figure what each of you want. If they want to play something you don't want to run and vice-versa its not going to work.
I kinda experimented a similar thing when I had players that only did shit fantasy before that. Took 3 quarters of a game to teach them 1890 tokyo isn't D&D clone n°1493. Had to tell them loud and clear that if they're seen wearing weapons without being accompagnied by an officer they'll be shot dead without questions. No respawns.
for the story : Had another group with the same setting after and it ran absolutely fucking smooth. So yeah players are a big part of the equation like it or not
>>
>>53500339
Probably, but only Mafia films they have seen are The Godfather and Once upon a time in America, so no Joe Pesci impressions.
>>53500421
I'll try to talk to them, and I'll see how this campaign goes. After that, I don't know, maybe I'll try Roll20, or make one of the players be the GM (this could end badly, though).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.