[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like Blue Rose? Why or why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: bluerose.jpg (158KB, 600x769px) Image search: [Google]
bluerose.jpg
158KB, 600x769px
Do you guys like Blue Rose?

Why or why not?
>>
I don't have the obligatory "this is bait" reaction image on hand, but pretend I posted it.

I don't like Blue Rose because I'm not the target audience. There's just not really anything there for me. I don't like the style of fantasy they were going for, and I'm not a homosexual who needs to fight back against Catholicism.

I will give them credit for including magic dolphins and implying people fuck those dolphins on the reg, though. That's some progressivism right there.

And while it's hamfisted about being a Liberal gay suetopia, it's not as bad about it as Beast: the Whatevering from Onyx Path is.
>>
File: 1457939827310.png (95KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1457939827310.png
95KB, 625x626px
>>53486086
I'm not an attention-desperate teenage girl or 40-something housewife in an unfulfilling marriage, so much like the Twilight books, there's nothing here to appeal to me.

And I'm actually female, if anons can believe that.
>>
Haven't heard anything about the new release. The original was one of the better designed iterations of the D20 system. The setting seemed like a socially progressive take on LotR, and I haven't read any of the associated genre's fiction so I can't say if it was true to genre or not, but since LotR is not my bag, neither was this.
>>
File: Magical Realm Intensifies.png (307KB, 643x394px) Image search: [Google]
Magical Realm Intensifies.png
307KB, 643x394px
>>53486086
>Romantic Fantasy

Fuck that, just come out and do a fucking Magical Real full-on hentai ERP and stop tip-toeing around what you really want.
>>
>>53486086
I know nothing about Blue Rose outside of the first iteration spawning True20, which I rather liked.
I've heard consistently unflattering things about the AGE system, so I doubt I'd like the new take much in any case.
>>
>>53486086
It's not as bad as anon likes to make it sound. As far as I remember there isn't any animal fucking nor is everyone gay. Just more accepting of the ones that are.

On the other hand it's a pretty poorly designed setting that tries to pull works like Tamora pierce or Mercedes Lackey without a decent understanding on how to make it nearly as interesting as the settings those two made. I'm also far from it's marketed audience. Seems like it would be a fun setting to play a subversive game in at least.
>>
>>53486221
That meaning of 'romance' is actually a shortening of 'romantic love'.
The broader literary definition of romance is something else. For instance, Don Quixote and most Arthurian legends are romantic stories.
>>
>>53486224
>consistently unflattering things about the AGE system

Whatever you have heard the AGE system is worse. It is likely one of the most generic systems I have ever seen. It's one of the rare table top game system that I just felt was too bland to actually play. This is from a man who enjoys the hell out of GURPS.
>>
>>53486224
AGE is bad in the sense of
unseasoned rice mush being bad. Sure you can play/it but it lacks the structure flavour and substance to be anything but a horribly nothing experience.
>>
system wise, it is ok IMO.
Setting wise OTOH it is batshit crazy.
the 3 evil nations are all the equal level of evil to the "heroic" nation, and they are:
1) a nation ruled by necromancer who sacrifice living beings to keep in power
2) the catholic church / holy roman empire.
3) a nation that has the same philosophy as the "heroic nation" only they vote for their leaders, rather then let the magic deer pick the ruler.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.