[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer is expen-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 46

File: fa.jpg (313KB, 1000x369px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
313KB, 1000x369px
Warhammer is expen-
>>
>>53483971
on the other hand, lego doesn't need paint, can be disassmbled and resembled endlessly, and doesnt break easily
>>
>>53483971
-sive if you want to play competitively, or want to build a large army quickly.
>>
>>53483971
-sive if you don't buy it 15-20% off nearly anywhere.
>>
>>53483998
>Cant play with your m8s
>Cant roll dice
>Cant read fluff
>Cant measure penis with the included measuring sticks
>Cant improve painting skill
Hasbro pls.
>>
>>53483971
Were legos always this expensive?

I kinda feel sorry for my parents for wanting so much of it as a kid.
>>
>>53483998
It also has reasonable resale and collector value.
>>
>>53484042
All toys are fucked m8.
I bought a thomas the train set for me m8s kids, fucking 80 dollars.
Same with lego shit. Video games are cheaper than toys I swear on me mum
>>
>>53484042
Yeah, legos have always been pricey.

Kinda put things in perspective when I started buying 40k and other games and then went back and looked at Legos again.

I mean they're fun to play with, but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of plain little plastic pieces.
>>
File: Blog-sticky-bugmans-bar.png (876KB, 1140x395px) Image search: [Google]
Blog-sticky-bugmans-bar.png
876KB, 1140x395px
>>53483971
Can this please stop being a british company. It is killing Sci-fi tabletop.
>>
>>53484043
>I will buy this car in white or silver, and automatic so that it is worth more when I sell it, versus getting the color I want and manual so I can enjoy it
>>
>>53484036
Brikwars m8.

>>53483971
Show a good starter set like Hail Caesar's.
>>
>>53483971
>both of armies aren't even 500pts
>>
>>53484362
I wonder how much I could get for them.
Maybe a riptide and some suits?
>>
>>53483971
>Lego prices
they have gone way out of hand.

Also warhammer and minigames aren't expensive once you get (((used))) to mtg's prices.
>>
File: cover-workbook.jpg (68KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
cover-workbook.jpg
68KB, 520x750px
>>53484088
Dude realx, we will take care of sci-fi tabletop
>>
>>53484459
I want warpath though.
>>
>>53483998
Modern lego bricks aren't as strong as they once were.

Not even close.
>>
>>53484216
Couldn't care less about some boring ass romans with ugly, bumpy, tiny ass mugs.

Historicals will never have the same audience that fantasy/sci-fi games have, and thats for the best. Historical's are boring, and stifle creativity. This isn't even going into how awful most historical mini's look.
>>
>>53483971

I guarantee from sheer fun factor, I will get more fun out of those Lego's than those Mins.
>>
>>53484036
>>53484216

>brickwars

Game, Set, and Match
>>
>>53483971
Lego being expensive doesn't stop warhammer from being expensive.

Also the lego process is more fun tbph.
>>
>>53485218
>Historicals will never have the same audience that fantasy/sci-fi games have
Thanks god, we don't need tumblrinas and redditors
>>
>>53483971
And water is wet. What the fuck else is new.
>>
>>53483971
What is this /toy/ thread doing here?
>>
>>53483971
This lego set has 1329 pieces. How many pieces your 40k set has? That's right, bitch, keep crying.
>>
>>53484042
They're actually relatively cheaper now because their process is more efficient (and I believe they make a bit more on licensing). Still high-end toys so far as pricing goes, but better than they were.
>>
>>53485218
I'm pretty sure that attitude towards history is why western society is going down the toilet. Those who do not care for History are doomed to let everything go to shit.
>>
>>53484042
Lego's inflation adjusted price per brick has stayed almost perfectly consistent over it's entire existence
The trick is that modern sets tend to have way more detail and way more bricks than before
>>
>>53483998
The old bionicles are virtually unbreakable, in a stress test I had to use a wrench finally to rip apart one of the socket pieces.

Just three generations later the plastic is so weak I can not only snap it with my hands, but it breaks if you insert a ball into the socket multiple times, meaning the bionicle in question doesn't survive multiple assemblies.
>>
>>53485292
Good, and we don't need elitest snobs and arm-chair historians telling us our games are childish and over priced, and how terrible we are for not painting our mini's the correct shade of German camouflage.

>>53485479
I have no problem with history; Just historicals. Specifically, Historical's fanbase, which consists of a bunch of thin-skinned, pissy fops who think Historicals are the be all, end all of wargames.
>>
>>53485218
>historicals and appropriate proportions are bad
Wew.
>>
>>53485632
>no codex bloat
>many available rule sets for several periods
>miniatures are very affordable
>no IP locked fantasy races
>can be used in lord of the rings easily
>a wealth of color palettes and references to look up while painting
>naval, air, and land
>cover several periods of human history
They kind of are.
>>
>>53485632
>8+ age rating
>our games aren't childish
>100$ for 3 models
>our games aren't overpriced
>>
>>53485632
I find the charge that Historicals stifle creativity weird when virtually every sci-fi or fantasy wargame is based on real world history because that's literally the only frame of reference for anything the human race has. Almost everything is X or Y in Space or Y or X in a fantasy world.

Also Human History is as deep as all the oceans on Earth. Mankind has been warring with itself since we first learned how to shake a spear. There's historical wargames for every continent, culture and creed that has ever existed. Here's more variation in Historical Wargaming than all the sci-fi and fantasy wargames put together.
>>
File: 0479_SuryatHMG.jpg (1MB, 1406x1178px) Image search: [Google]
0479_SuryatHMG.jpg
1MB, 1406x1178px
>>53483971
>GW: WE ARE TRUESCALE NOW!
>Still looks like manlets in exosuits
Git gud bongs
>>
File: ba-elements2.jpg (31KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
ba-elements2.jpg
31KB, 420x300px
>>53485636
>Pic related
>Good proportions
Wew lad.

>>53485681
>no codex bloat because the amount of ruleset bloat makes a arguement out of what system you play, rather than what you play within it
>Miniatures are all affordable, because they're all shit anyways.
>History locked miniatures, with no variation; Thus, its impossible to add anything new
>Says Historicals are superior, but shills for fantasy/GW anyways
>A wealth of color palettes that already exist, and are all dull shades; now with the added bonus of being made fun if your off by a hexidecimal on the color wheel/have a color scheme that doesn't exist.
>Naval, Air, Land, AND Space.
>Coveral thousands of years of history, beyond the earth and back

Well?
>>
>>53485840
>History locked miniatures, with no variation; Thus, its impossible to add anything new

Well, you could try and start WWIII so we can get new variations.
>>
File: C6B1j4yXQAQzMJP.jpg (68KB, 936x600px) Image search: [Google]
C6B1j4yXQAQzMJP.jpg
68KB, 936x600px
>>53483971
at least legos are fun to play with
>>
>>53485710
>I find the charge that Historicals stifle creativity weird

Thats when you create imagi-nations.
>>
>>53485877
>Not creating IRL imagi-nations.
Free Sealand.
>>
>>53485840
>Add anything new
M8, there's more variation in the arsenals of the second world war than you'd find in all the codexes combined.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (13KB, 441x186px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
13KB, 441x186px
>>53485699
You know, calling another game and setting Childish, is only proving me right about how Historical Wargamers look down on every one else.

Besides, you get what you pay for; Specifically, shitty lumps of metal.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>53484042
>>53484086
>>53485582
>legos
>>
>>53485909
>legoeses
>>
>>53485907
Being a child is living in a fantasy world. Being an adult is living in the real world. Historicals happened, fantasy and sci-fi didn't and hasn't.
>>
>>53485907
Thats 15mm m8, you don't need extreme amounts of detail at that scale.
>>
>>53485840
>they're shit because I said so
>GW's mutant men look better to me
>implying lotr isn't the best set of rules GW put out
>implying space battles play different than land or air in their execution
>lacks the imagination to relieve the crusades or the American war of independence because there's not enough Ikea space marines
>says historicals are bad and stifle creativity when most people play an established space marine chapter or other such faction already stablished in their lore and stick to it, colors and all, despite them having less options than your given ancient Summerian city-state who are so ancient you can make shit up as long as it makes some degree of sense
>>
>>53485710
So, what your saying is, Historicals encourage creativity when people decide NOT to play historicals, and make something new? My god, historicals are great!

That aside, being serious, Historicals aren't that much of a problem. Its the idiots that are attracted to them, and the lack of quality models, along with how basic some of the rule sets are. You can only change so much about a bunch of guys stabbing each other with sticks.

>>53485858
you first buddy; but I'm sure you'll be excited to buy all those WW3 miniatures when you get back.

>>53485902
It's kinda funny how you assume I'm some 40k fanboy. But even than, factoring in all the different FW tanks and variants of the Imperium, than I wouldn't be surprised if it neared at least half. Toss in the rest of the big Sci-fi games and it would roughly even out.
>>
File: ragnar.jpg (93KB, 508x301px) Image search: [Google]
ragnar.jpg
93KB, 508x301px
>>53485907
You know what they say about men who live in glass houses.
>>
>>53486035
Who won't want to refight the storming of Pyongyang by the armies of President Trump and co?
>>
>>53486035
Are you seriously claiming that there is no creativity in the whole span of Human History?
>>
>>53486035
Anon, not looking like a deformed mutant with a fist the size of your skull is a benefit, not a detriment.
Also by sheer weight alone the different type of weapons and formations used by the men of old outweigh the made up ones that were based on them anyways.
It all boils down to history vs made up history, because I guarantee you no space wolf player will paint his men hard gay punk and replace their bolters with penises and make a Freddie Mercury banner with chapter master liberache. Because that would be dark angels but I digress.
>>
>>53483971
-sive.
Why did you post two overly expensive things?
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>53485926
>As a child, you idolize fantasy
>As a adult, you realize Historicals make more sense

Your arguement is a fucking meme. And so what? At the end if the day, it's still grown men playing with wee metal men. The only difference is that one happened, and the other might or could have happened. Unless what your saying is, is that if your playing the canon loser, you surrender even if you win, and vice versa.

>>53485931
Still an excuse; take a look at some of the Epic Armageddon shit from back in the day, or stuff like DZC or that not-epic studio with the contemptors. Really makes you wonder how 8mm stuff looks better than 15mm.

>>53485957
>Getting mad that somebody else has an opinion in a debate
>Once again assuming that I'm a 40k fanboy, and not just a general fan of sci-fi, with stuff like Infinity.
>Le 40kek assumption; But hey, you need imagination to read a book and visualize something that has hundreds of thousands of pieces of art/books dedicated it.
>Le 40kek assumption; But hey, I'm sure EVERYBODY plays Ultramarines, etc. Lets also ignore the fact that its okay when we make bullshit up, but when you do it, its childish and stupid.
>>
>>53486218
That Barnes and Noble has anime figurines.
I don't get it.
>>
>>53483971
Two products with completely different puposes and target consumers both being high end in their respective markets. The problem is that that lego set not only contains 1329 pieces some being quite rare (some people care about this bullshit) but is a complete experience. And once the buyer of the lego set gets tired of it he can build other shit with it. That 40k starter set on the other hand gives you at a discount price, only a fraction of the warhammer experice, and when you get tired of it you will have spend hundreds more with other minis and paint.
I am seriously hoping for GW to do the right thing and lower the prices if 8th eddition becomes a hit. So that new players can come to the hobby.
>>
File: 6mm.jpg (203KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
6mm.jpg
203KB, 1000x674px
>>53486232
>take a look at some of the Epic Armageddon shit from back in the day, or stuff like DZC or that not-epic studio with the contemptors. Really makes you wonder how 8mm stuff looks better than 15mm

This stuff is 6mm and looks better than any of the stuff mentioned above. A lot of it comes down to how you paint models and how they're supposed to be observed. Those models would look good on a table with a few dozen others.
>>
>>53486232
You're the one saying bloated midgets are aesthetically pleasing, your eye cannot be trusted.
Next you're saying that flufffags that tailor their army to the lore of the army they play do not exist. From the myriad of marine armies that are about a single chapter or one of the many IG regiments that are also well documented.
Or let's go to fantasy for a moment, are you telling me people didn't fashion their men after an established group with their own heraldry and colors?
That sounds disingenuous.
>>
File: that's enough of that.gif (308KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
that's enough of that.gif
308KB, 480x270px
At least compare it to another miniatures game's two player starter. This is a troll thread anyways so there is no need to bother.
>Historicals are boring
I will never understand this sentiment.
>>
>>53486330
People who think what humans did in the past is uninteresting and uncreative.
>>
>>53486330
It's a shame this thread is so adversarial, there are definitely merits to both fantasy/sci fi and historicals.
>>
>>53486040
Speaking of glass houses, funny how fantasy 8mm STILL looks better than your shitty 15mm. Especially since what you posted is almost 30 years old.

>>53486062
See you there m8!
>>53486083
No, but I am criticizing the superiority complex most histotical players have over other gamers, and a serious lack of creativity on their part.
>>53486101
If you want to get technical anon, the amount of fiction recorded and created by humanity easily out-weighs the actual amount of history we have created. Especially considering how much of it has been derived from history. But, is that historicals? Than, by definition, isn't every game based off of human history a historical? Simply because its based off humaniy's history?

Of course, you assume all non-historical games to 40k as well though; Never mind any other games. So why bother even?
>>
>>53486350
>Speaking of glass houses, funny how fantasy 8mm STILL looks better than your shitty 15mm. Especially since what you posted is almost 30 years old

Come on man, this JUST got posted
>>53486275
>>
>>53486345
I like both but there are very few games that focus on the eras of history that I enjoy studying and I sincerely doubt my ability to get anyone in my store to play a historical game that isn't Flames of War or Bolt Action. I have nothing against those games, mind, but I'd like to see some more variety.
>>
>>53486275
Shit those look good.
>>
>>53486388
I'm assuming you've already hit up /hwg/ for this right?
>>
File: 1457566346706.png (590KB, 495x650px) Image search: [Google]
1457566346706.png
590KB, 495x650px
>>53486410
I lurk there from time to time but I'm not what you'd call a dedicated poster.
>>
>>53486350
Those are just blobs.
As to why 40k (and space marines too, let's just cover that so you have no hole left to scurry back to)?
The most popular miniatures game that isn't x-wing, where half of the armies are dudes in power armor, and there's the Horus cucking Heresy that's nothing but space marines fighting space marines and that's doing well despite being forge world? It seems a fair bet that someone that plays miniatures is going to be a 40k player, and statistically speaking most people are going to be playing space marines. Thus the assumption.
Now, tell me what's the difference between someone making a Byzantine before the fall army vs someone doing thousand sons? Other than the money.
Both have to stick to their colors and certain ways of playing.
Both have to be built in a certain way, shooty khorne armies are a pipe dream no one had.
Both have a written history and how they usually fight.
Both have set markings, you can't just give your thousand sons the mark of Nurgle and have a slaneeshi champion in there.
>>
File: s529784110474930979_p45_i1_w921.jpg (427KB, 921x636px) Image search: [Google]
s529784110474930979_p45_i1_w921.jpg
427KB, 921x636px
>>53486275
Wow! And how amazing is that they beat 30 year old models!

Of course, pic related is also a 6mm model. So I suppose its not all that much of a surprise that newer mini's are better, is it?

You are right about presentation and paint jobs as well. Anything can look fantastic from a good paint job.

http://www.darkeststargames.com/6mm-dark-star-sci-fi-range--federation.html
>>
>>53483998
The two also perform fundamentally different functions. The painting and customization of warhammer minis is part of the point; a lot of people enjoy the crafts process, which is far more pronounced than in Lego. Others enjoy the game options associated.
>>
File: Microarmour8.jpg (100KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
Microarmour8.jpg
100KB, 640x354px
>>53486454
Yeah man, I know that 6mm sci fi can look good, I collect both historicals and sci fi in that scale.

I just object to your weird partisan approach to miniatures. Its not like production methods are limited to either historical or non-historical.
>>
>>53486482
Historical is a representation of reality, sci-fi can be whatever shit someone dreams up. So in that sense with sci-fi there is no limit, and any batshit crazy shit can pass without having to look like it could really exist.
>>
File: PanO.jpg (147KB, 1024x438px) Image search: [Google]
PanO.jpg
147KB, 1024x438px
>>53486279
Your the mentally defecient one who thinks anything that's not Historical is 40k, so clearly your opinion is worthless.
Next, your assuming that the majority of fluff-fags tailor their army to pre-existing ones; I wont say there aren't any what so ever, but I wont say that their the majority either.
And Fantasy has the oppertunity of having different lords, nobles, and other minor characters that allow people to come up with their own unique heraldry and colors to mix with the pre-existing ones.
>>53486330
I will rescined that statement;
The vast majority of Historical players are boring and uninteresting, while also being self righteous, ego stroking grognards.

When you show me a Historical minu that beats pic related, we might actually have an arguement.

>>53486378
And? That doesn't mean its not a embarassment that older, smaller miniatures have better details than newer, larger ones.

I will admit that the ones posted are rather spiffy, although I would love to see what the creator could do when not limited to a pre-existing design.
>>
>>53486556
When pic related becomes something real and not just someone's imagination gone wild, then it might be interesting. As is real life and the real world beats any made-up shit. You should come join us in the real world someday.
>>
>>53486556
You're saying we know the name of every Augustus, Jachmed, and Tallaheim that led soldiers in all of human history as well as their heraldry?
Better share that info with the rest of mankind.
>>
File: y.jpg (24KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
24KB, 480x270px
Why are people fighting over which flavor of war game is better...?
>>
>>53486591
They're fighting over whether Historical Wargames are creative-stifling shit or not.
>>
>>53486539
At the end of the day it comes down to personal taste, just like this entire thread.
>>
>>53486600
What creativity are they stifling though.

They're both made by companies and then we just build/paint them.
>>
File: Yes this image is a visual gag.jpg (133KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Yes this image is a visual gag.jpg
133KB, 960x540px
>>53486617
You can't just paint your green dragoons wrong anon.
You also cannot paint your Akkadians any color other than fabulous.
>>
>>53486638
I still don't understand how they're stifling.

If you want to re-enact an army from days of yore, you play historical.

If you want to play a game of /your dudes/ you play something else.

It's just chocolate and vanilla but one has the potential to involve a lot of original building.
>>
>>53486660
It's a joke, that's why those Patriot dragoons with that name were posted.
>>
>>53484088
You know GW got bought by Americans years ago, right?
>>
File: AbyssalShocked.jpg (21KB, 184x262px) Image search: [Google]
AbyssalShocked.jpg
21KB, 184x262px
>>53483971
>Warhammer is cheaper than collecting figma's or 3P Transformers

What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>53486683
That explains AoS a lot.
>>
>>53486539
This; this so much. While I can appreciate a well made model, as shown and argued for in:
>>53486482
>>53486275

I cannot deny that Sci-fi is so much better, since it would allow the sculptor so much more room to really dig in, and create to their hearts desires. Imagine what they could make, when not bound to history? They can make competent models, nay, oustanding models, but in the end; they already exist. I want something new.

>>53486447
Well, for starters, one is a army of psychic super men, so directly off the bat, we have a variety of different tactics, organizations, strategy's and tools available to one.

But, in the end, I suppose there is no real difference from a collectors point of view; they are both pre-existing organizations, both with restrictions. The difference lies in the particularity if their origin, and what that means; The Byzantines are, in many ways, similiar to other armies, and based in reality. They play by the same rules as any other historical game. To give them something else, or something new is impossible.

The Thousand sons are different in how they came to be. They were created in fiction; thus, the possibilities if them are endless. They can have new, exciting, interesting additions to them, like pyschic controlled robots, or different psychic cults. These are totally new and radical units, that can be created.

Imagine trying to add new units to that Byzantine army; Like, armored medieval knights, or some sort of new addition, or something along those lines that was not originally part of the byzantines. Nobody would take it, or buy it, since it "wasnt canon" per say, as it didn't exist in real life.
>>
File: IMG_20160924_170108.jpg (443KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_170108.jpg
443KB, 1600x1200px
On the subject of miniatures games, $160 of X-Wing is almost collector status. $30 for a starter box and $130 worth of expansions will set you right up with one faction, and be happily playable with two or all three.
>>
>>53486660
>If you want to play a game of /your dudes/ you play something else.

You can still play historicals if you want /your dudes/ most of historys wars are large enough to allow that.

Thats all without bringing up the topic of Imagi-nations.
>>
>>53486675
>>53486720
Okay so it's really just fightan for the sake of fightan. Just wanted to be clear.
>>
>>53486576
You know, your entire speal could be directed at wargaming as a whole, right? You realize your just playing war with tiny little men? What right do you have to talk about "The real World"?

>>53486584
So that automatically allows you to make up bullshit? Just because we don't know sonething, you can go ahead and make up crap? That's not history than, thats just as much fiction as anything I've posted, only more based in reality.
>>
>>53486712
>I cannot deny that Sci-fi is so much better, since it would allow the sculptor so much more room to really dig in, and create to their hearts desires

That's better for the sculptor, not sure how its any better for you though.

Yes you're only limited by your imagination and current sculpting/manufacturing processes but thats not an inherently good or superior thing.

It's entirely your personal taste anon, there is nothing inherently better in sci fi miniatures than in real world historicals. You just prefer certain sci-fi aesthetics.
>>
>>53486712
Here's the question, why would you want to add stuff that never existed? That would be like arming all the Confederates with AK47s so you can ensure the South wins the Civil war and the Niggers remain slaves forevermore. Or giving Hitler Leopard tanks so the Nazis win. That sort of thing is a lit leery and a bit too /pol/ for my tastes.

With Historicals, it's all about recreating the past. It's not really that different from reading a History book. You're recreating actual events on a tabletop with models. You're putting yourself in the boots of Alexander the Great, Napoleon or Patton. You get to march with the Army of Northern Virginia, or ride with the Panzers across Russia. In a small way you get to live the past. That is what's most attractive about it. You get in a small way to be a part of a lost world that once existed but is long gone.

With Sci-Fi or fantasy it's a bit like making middle earth. You're creating your own little world utterly divorced from reality. You choose what is real and what isn't. It's closer to Dungeons and Dragons than real life. You are the DM of your own little world. it has its own attractions, but it's not real and never will be, while with Historics it did happen. These armies existed. There were once human beings who lived and fought those battles, whereas no man will ever fight a dragon or an alien in our lifetimes.
>>
>>53486712
The byzantine faction is destroyed, it would be like making new units for the empire of fantasy.
Does not stop you from playing earlier and saying they hired some mercenary forces that are unorthodox.
At the end of the day the thousand sons are just as constricted within their own canon as the byzantines were to the own, sure they can have demons or hell machines and those stupid fucking disks but only of a certain type.
notice that I never hated on fantasy, just GW's shit sculpts. Ork player
>>
File: Morpheus.jpg (107KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Morpheus.jpg
107KB, 1400x700px
>>53486789
What if I told you that people who play historical miniatures games also like to make scenarios that never existed, like if the IJN attack on Pearl Harbour was a pitched battle with the USN instead of a surprise attack.
>>
>>53486778
Same way you have to make shit up from a codex that makes sense for your faction in 40k you have to make shit up for your historical army that makes sense for them.
Because we don't know everything about the ancient world. We don't know where all the battles were and sometimes we only have an idea of how both sides fought.
Often times accounts can be "heathen men raided across the sheppe" tier of absolutely nothing, and then we don't even know what went on to happen to the victors.
What the hell happened to the guy that stopped Boudica anyways?
>>
>>53486717
Fun fucking game too, just avoid modern competitive list building and take what looks cool.
>>
>>53486832
If the US had been forewarned that the Japanese were coming, then that could have happened. History is endless series of might-has-beens, and every battle is one of those. If they weren't then what would be the point? You'd just be simulating events with a foregone conclusion. You'd refight Ia Drang knowing the Vietnam player has to lose, or fight the Bugle knowing the German player has to run out of fuel on turn 12. And there is no fun with that.

Then again, technically that would be the same with any sci-fi or fantasy. You'd refight prospero but the Thousand Sons player has to lose by turn 8. Or refight Helms Deep with the uruks automatically losing at the end because that's what happened.
>>
>>53486789
That argument falls completely flat if the losers win or the winners lose. If you follow that logic, you aren't playing a game at all, because any deviation from actual history would be counter to the idea of the activity. You're enacting a stop motion play of events, but without any cameras or audience.
>>
>>53486903
And as I said, the exact same happens with Sci-Fi or Fantasy. Why refight Isstvan III if we know the loyalists lose in the end?
>>
File: Lepin is pretty good actually.png (303KB, 1135x757px) Image search: [Google]
Lepin is pretty good actually.png
303KB, 1135x757px
>>53483971
Implying GW has even half the QC Lego does.

Lepin might be a better comparison, but they're still really fucking good (~80% LEGO quality).
>>
>>53486919
Why play Horus Heresy when chaos loses in the end?
>>
As someone who's gotten tired of the big name fantasy and scifi wargames, are there are any good medieval skirmish games?
>>
>>53486919
Most sci-fi or fantasy is not enacting a specific lore battle.
Historical is presumably enacting a specific fight. It's not just some random ass skirmish, it's a specific battle with specific units that actually existed and actually battled each other and one won and the other lost.
But if you're only playing for strict historic accuracy, then there couldn't be any random element or deviation from the actual commander's tactics and the actual actions of the guys on the ground. And that's not a game. There is an upper limit to how historically accurate a game can be, and that limit is where it stops being a game and starts being a history production without any cameras.
>>
>>53486944
>lepin
Spurdo?
>>
>>53486955
Why play anything when the outcome is set in stone already? Why not only play stuff where you're free to fight it with no consequences whatsoever?
>>
File: 1495652890135.png (649KB, 813x679px) Image search: [Google]
1495652890135.png
649KB, 813x679px
>>53486969
Lion rampant.
>>
>>53486789
Well than sir, I think you place far too much value on the idea that Historicals are entirely made to recreate the battles of the past, rather than any other reason. I mean, how boring it must be to know you loose, beat by beat. It must be irritating to know that no matter how badly that you destroyed that American player on the beaches of Iwo Jima, that you actually lose. It seems silly to me, to say that the only reason you like historicals is because they let you retell history, when a book, movie or show does the same thing.

Of course, I think at this point, I just can't agree with you. I mean, to me, I think its far more interesting consider the what if, not the what was, seeing as how our lives are a direct result of the what was. Why would should I care if I win or lose The Battle of the Buldge? It doesn't matter, we know what happens, and that any other outcome was impossible. And to try and branch out from that history is no longer telling it, but creating a new one.

History is a good source of inspiration and wisdom; but there is no reason to relive and fight for what has already been decided.
>>
>>53486986
Or I could play a Battletech campaign where the consequences are far reaching, but there is no set in stone ending because it hasn't happened yet. Utilizing all the rules available, all military assets have to actually get supplies, repairs, and replacements in a logical way and actually travel to where they need to be over time. Anything that might be a factor can be a factor, from weather to shortages to sabotage.
>>
>>53486986
>implying 8th edition isn't set in stone for girlyman and his primarinas to win everything
Because it's fun.
See lord of the rings, it's such an enjoyable game to play for me that I can't give too much of a shit at the fact my army gets done in canonically by a bunch of angry trees and two obese midgets.
>>
>>53487007
Thanks anon. What scale minis does it use?
>>
File: [Hisses autistically].jpg (23KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
[Hisses autistically].jpg
23KB, 640x853px
>>53487007
Don't you go leading these poor anons astray.
>>53487052
Go ask /hwg/, you'll get some good answers there.
>>
>>53487052
Preferably 28mm.

>>53487068
Quiet you.
>>
>>53486275
those are sweet. Who manufactured them?
>>
>>53487998
nevermind, already found it. GHQ
>>
>>53484092
>tfw I have a white paddle shifter but only because I actually enjoy white and didn't want to deal with the clutch during commutes

I just whisper "even Ferraris use paddles" to myself when I drive to feel better.
>>
>>53483998
Also let's not forget that A also being expensive doesn't make B less expensive.
>>
>>53484092
>you can only enjoy manual
How's the 70s going, you hippie fuck?
>>
File: 1372802080375.jpg (45KB, 689x602px) Image search: [Google]
1372802080375.jpg
45KB, 689x602px
>>53485926
>He thinks playing with toy soldiers is more adult if they're based on history
This is why historicals aren't more popular, the community surrounding them is full of fat old autists in denial.
Your wife is cheating on you while you pretend to reenact the battle of the bulge with your toys, m8
>>
>>53486556
Jesus Christ, those are some retardedly bad sculpts. Bald nigger tranny up the back is especially laughable. And their magazines are nonfunctional- there's a reason why real life magazines are either straight or curved forwards. It's because bullets aren't wider than the brass they're set in.

If this is your idea of top-shelf sculpting, I pity your limited knowledge and experience.
>>
>>53484042
Licensing can be very expensive.
>>
>>53490017
>driving auto in the mountains
the horror
>>
>>53490253
Every single sculpt in that image has been phased out in favor of better versions with more accurate mechanical representations.
>>
>>53490380
Yeah, nah, I had a good look at Infinity during the recent 50% off sale and the models were generally shit. There wasn't a single force I saw where I liked all the models. Or even most of them.
>>
>>53485226
Oh sure, same here.
If they were Necrons, Tau or SoB on the otherhand, I'd rather the minis then the Lego.
>>
>>53486556
>When you show me a Historical minu that beats pic related, we might actually have an arguement.
Perry Miniatures.
>>
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread
>>
>>53483971
>Lego is expensive therefore Warhammer isn't
Wut? what kind of logic is that?

Also who cares? I just buy chinahammer
>>
>>53486944
>Millennium falcon
>Not Millenary Hawk
>>
>>53485380
Banish WH40k to /toy/?
I'm behind this
>>
>>53491621
This.
>>
>>53483971
>Warhammer is expen-

>Implying I would pay $149 for a Minecraft clone that doesn't even have a world generator and only comes with ~150 pieces.
>>
>>53491621
>>53491696

>banish the franchise responsible for /tg/'s birth to another board
Fucking newfags fresh off reddit I fucking swear...
>>
>>53492258
>le warhams wednesderp
/tg/ was created because of all the D&D threads on /co/. You're deluded if you think WW made enough of an impact on /b/ to force the creation of a new board.
>>
>>53490597
That's fair for anyone.
>>
File: 1849109085 c67facb916.jpg (82KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1849109085 c67facb916.jpg
82KB, 500x461px
>>53492258
>>53492378
>>
>>53483971
So the Legos are cheaper?
>>
>>53483971
Source on the price?
>>
File: pixiv61369837.jpg (323KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv61369837.jpg
323KB, 724x1024px
>>53491621
/toy/fag here.
Please don't.
We already have the Transformers fanbase, we don't need another class of autists who can't keep the complaining to one thread.
>>
>>53491780
1329 pieces...
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 310x163px
Looking at getting the started box mostly for the deathguard to use for conversion pieces for my artscale project.
Anyone got a image of the sprues? i want to see how much work is required for conversions before i pre-order.
>>
>>53486695
This everything americans touch turns to shit...
>>
>>53483971

There isn't really much point comparing these since one is a toy for children to play with and the other is the millennium falcon...
>>
>>53486062
>I drop the nuke
>okay, roll 1d6
>I got a number
>okay, you win
>>
File: 1392041614447.png (133KB, 645x534px) Image search: [Google]
1392041614447.png
133KB, 645x534px
>>53485218
I am going to murder you, you dumbass historically illiterate motherfucker.
>>
>>53484036
>Cant play with your m8s

What kind of single child were you?

>Cant roll dice

Lego does not use dice silly.
>Cant read fluff

Read marvel/dc/star wars/dr who/real life/original lego settings/Motherfucking bionicle.

>Cant measure penis with the included measuring sticks

Legos are their own measuring sticks.

>Can't improve painting skill

Empower your creativity by creating and recombining your lego collection endlessly.

>Can't be a kid again.

Can't recombine into whatever you want.

>Can't build things with actual engines.

>Bionicles

>Can't have a decent movie.
>>
>>53484088
>GW being a Bong company is killing Sci-fi tabletop.
Expand on this?

>>53484459
The fuck is that?
Infinity TAG?

>>53485582
>>53485388
>1329 pcs
>Consistent inflation-adjusted price for decades
>Backwards-compatible and re-combinable.
I even play toy soldiers and not with Lego any longer, but that's straying close to BTFO territory.

>>53486275
Those are sexy microtanks.

>>53486789
This is the weirdest argument yet, I think.
>>
>>53493309
Heads up, I've read various places that this latest generation of models, and in particular the variosu starter kits, are more snap-fit, less poseable and more pre-assembles than most kits have historically been.
>>
>>53483971
Wasn't the old (current) starter set Dark Vengeance half that price?

Wasn't the Age of Shitmar starter set cheaper as well?
>>
>>53486944
Lepin should be compared to Chinaman recasters though.. (both deliver great products for the money they ask)
>>
>>53486977
>Historical is presumably enacting a specific fight.

Not really.

Some people do that, but most play just a random battle set in a certain historical era. Thats all.
>>
>>53483971
Will it be mono-pose marines in the starter set like in the past or do they come as proper spures?
>>
>>53483998

On the other hand, Warhammer will give you a full time hobby, can be played with for years to come, and if you're actually an adult who engage in a hobby, you need not worry about things breaking ether.

I have a 4 year old son who loves LEGO, its stupidly expensive, and even more so if it has a "brand" on it. I just wish he switches to miniature wargames so that it wont hurt my wallet as much!
>>
>>53484910
>>53485611
That's attributable to the cost-cutting measures LEGO has taken over the last decade or so. They were really hurting for profitability before 2010. Now they imitate Mega Bloks in their stud design to reduce the amount of plastic per brick, and they use lower-quality plastics that are chosen for their rigidity rather than tensile strength.
>>
>>53485582
This.

Old sets had small vehicles that weren't to scale with the minifigs, and had simpler pieces.
>>
>>53496419
>>53485582

They still have small and simple kits for children. Take pic related if we want to stay within their star wars range. Small, easy to build and cheap.

The difference is that today they also offer kits for adults or collectors (or kids with rich parents) who know Lego from their childhood and have enough money to buy huge kits for themselves. But its not like these 1k+ pieces monster kits are all they offer.
>>
>>53490210

hah, you sir just nailed it!
>>
>>53490210
>implying i waste my time and money on a wife when i could buy more miniatures instead

Jokes on you m8
>>
>>53483971
Machinist here.

Lego toys are the highest quality product you can buy in any retail store or tabletop store. If you think comparing the price of a 300 piece lego set to a 30 piece warhammer set is a good comparison, you haven't actually compared the two.

GW products are made out of shitty plastic that is shot through a toy grade clamshell mold. They make no effort to hide the sprues, witness lines, or pin marks. The molds are crudely yanked out of the cavity, which reduces the variation of shapes they can make, and the temperature controls are inconsistent enough that they can't produce small detailed parts without them curling like an orange peel.

This is a troll thread and I don't give a fuck about mini games, but dissing the value of lego products just outs you as a person that doesn't have enough mechanical aptitude to figure out which way to unscrew a lightbulb in less than three tries.
>>
>>53483971
-sive and so are Legos
>>
>>53490416
>>53490380
Those sculpts are over 10 years old.
>>
>>53496349

Is this a technic thing? I've been using system and there is no noticible reduction of quality from early 2000s sets.
>>
File: c6bdf936_d88d_fbf6.jpg (9KB, 165x120px) Image search: [Google]
c6bdf936_d88d_fbf6.jpg
9KB, 165x120px
>>53496535

Ah cool, those must be around 5 dollars!

>mfw 15 to 25 dollars...
>>
>>53499406

I know mate, altough 15 dollar doesn't buy shit anymore these days...
>>
>>53483971
Here's the argument OP seems to be making:
>Warhammer is not expensive because Lego is more expensive.

By that logic I can afford a Mercedes because it's less expensive than a Lamborghini.
>>
File: 1342258336267.jpg (153KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1342258336267.jpg
153KB, 640x512px
>>53486477
And here you have the reason why the lore and game rules suck such hairy dirty donkey balls.

It's about "the crafts process."
>>
File: LEGOHeroica.jpg (181KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
LEGOHeroica.jpg
181KB, 400x380px
>>53494507
>Lego does not use dice silly.
Actually...
>>
>>53496535
Some dude at my job has the new Milenium Falcon.

It's shit, the design is horrible, the gun mount yaws in a retarded way and the sloping hull is made in the laziest way possible.
>>
File: fl35cover2.jpg (40KB, 430x436px) Image search: [Google]
fl35cover2.jpg
40KB, 430x436px
>>53486556
pic related, now fuck off
>>
>>53501557
That's a 40mm figure rather than a 28mm figure though.
>>
>>53483971
The sound effects you can make at the table sound more polished and professional with the legos than with 40k.
>>
>>53484042
Lego pricing, aside from licenses, is very closely tied to the piece count, and always has been.

GW, on the other hand, wants you to think this 8 grams of plastic is more valuable than that 8 grams of plastic because of reasons.
>>
>>53486556
>The vast majority of 40k players are boring and uninteresting, while also being self righteous, ego stroking grognards.
FTFY
>>
>>53496865
>Machinist here.
Any commentary on Bandai's Gunpla?
>>
File: 51beBaEC-XL.jpg (51KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
51beBaEC-XL.jpg
51KB, 500x257px
>>53485582
Can confirm just recently purchased this set and holy fuck it has an insane amount of pieces. But it looks cool and is really detailed.
>>
>>53483971
I think the best part is how the historicals grogs immediately assume it's 40kek the moment anyone is talking about anything non-historical. Bet they play Bolt Action too, just for the extra layer of irony.
>>
>>53502037
Heh

>>53490210
>Your wife is cheating on you while you pretend to reenact the battle of the bulge with your toys
You will never have a wife, nor even touch a girl, because you play 40k
>>
>>53484036
>Lego
>Hasbro
you drunk ?
>>
>>53496349
>>53496865
There's cost cutting but also probably some ban in precursors for plastics. I'm not in the plastics industry but there has been a fuckload of bans in endocrinians perturbators and cancer-inducing chemicals in the last 2 decades and it could have impacted plastics sold in the EU and US.
>>
File: fhgfdh.png (84KB, 234x235px) Image search: [Google]
fhgfdh.png
84KB, 234x235px
>>53501557
>implying this is a wargaming figure, and not pic related
>>
>>53496865
Lego employee go and stay go.
>>
>>53486683

GW is publicly traded on the London stock exchange, no Americans involved. The only time it was bought out was when the sales and marketing division of the company, headed by Kirby, engineered a takeover in the 90s from the games designers who set it up. Now that really does explain a lot.
>>
>>53502368
>because of reasons

The reasons are volume of sale. HQs have to cost more because they aren't bought as much, since you only need one of them.

Big boxes and high model count boxes cost more than smaller ones because they have more plastic.
>>
>>53496178
>he cant play with legos for years
you are doing it wrong
>>
>>53509475
Are you saying you think he's wrong? Because I find that real fucking hard to believe buddy.
>>
>>53509475
Honestly when I was in uni we had a 50yo injection molding machine in the plasturgy lab that put out crispier details than most GW kits.
>>
>>53508707
>Can confirm just recently purchased this set
How old are you?
>>
>>53497265
Who cares? I had a look at the most recent sculpts and they were shit too.
The backwards magazines are just retarded.
>>
>>53485218
>Historicals are boring and stifle creativity.

Wew, lad.

>how awful more historical minis look.

Oh man, what a pleb. Or, I guess you've never seen a miniature outside of your games workshop bubble.
>>
LEGO BASED WARGAME WHEN?

YES I KNOW ABOUT THAT MECHA ONE I MEAN SOMETHING ELSE
>>
>>53496865
>They make no effort to hide the sprues, witness lines, or pin marks

I agree with you on everything else but who gives a fuck about that, that's part of the modellers job to remove those
>>
>>53511090
He's obviously old enough to afford his own Legos.
>>
>>53511167
There are many. Try google.
>>
>>53511090
>>53511224
If he's older than 14 he's breaking the law, it's right there on the box
>>
>>53485907
>>53485632
>>53485218
>>53485218

Holy shit supreme autism has been reached
>>
Unboxing vid of 8th,
All in german but can still sprues etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZ8XmMkR-c
>>
>>53484216

Hail Caesar is shit though so who cares if it has a good starter or not?
>>
>>53509465
>implying you can't use tamiya or dragon 1/35 miniatures for wargaming.
>>
>>53485771

Still generic tacticool video game aesthetic bullshit where the effectiveness of armor increases in proportion to how many parts go into it and how form fitting it is.
>>
>>53512831
Tamiya's 1/48 WW2 soldiers actually do fit pretty well with 28mm figures. Great anatomy on those things.
>>
>>53512672
You can use the exact same minis in any other ancients wargaming system.
>>
>>53510760

When I say "years to come" Im talking about starting at 12, ending at the age your body cannot keep up with the hobby, yea.. .That old.

But hey, there is nothing wrong with adults building lego, but "playing" with it? Not judging you or anything, its just... Well, its a bit odd.
>>
File: Cursed_c50123_6266681.jpg (30KB, 580x583px) Image search: [Google]
Cursed_c50123_6266681.jpg
30KB, 580x583px
>>53494507
>Legos are their own measuring sticks.
>>
>>53485218
>how awful most historical minis look
This is a man who has never touched a zvezda, modern Hat, or Revell 1/72 kit

Look at him and laugh
>>
>>53485479
>I'm pretty sure that attitude towards history is why western society is going down the toilet.
Nah, the exact opposite reason is why western society is going down the toilet. Conservatives lament an ancient time in their country that likely never existed the way they think it did, and won't get over the fact that they must adapt to a changing world because "muh nostalgia". Even some liberals, rather than wanting us to progress forward, would rather stay stuck in a new anachronized version of the past where they get to be the big bad bullies against modern white people because they associate all of them with a decent-sized group of rich dicks and racist cousin-fuckers, and don't have the pattern recognition to see the hypocrisy.

You're suppose to learn from the past, not masturbate to it.
>>
>>53483971

Lego has much better combat rules than Warhammer.
>>
>>53517290
>doesn't know how to count pips for length and width.
>can't measure height by counting bricks.
Don't worry buddy, 1st grade gets easier.
>>
>>53517756
>muh "conservatives are outdated" argument

Is that really your argument, that conservatives are nostalgic for something that never was? That is pathetic. That is a pathetic argument. You have no concept of politics, and show the maturity level of a child.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
>>
>>53486894
Fucking this right here. The metagame is fucking cancerous thanks to netlisters and people insisting on using fucking ridiculous combinations. It's like MtG in the sense that everyone has to use the same cheesy, janky combo until it gets banned.
>>
>>53519082
>Is that really your argument, that conservatives are nostalgic for something that never was?
In many cases, yes. Some lament a time of racial purity (there's never been such a thing as a "pure race", and that retarded idea comes from Victorian idiocy). Some lament older social mores. Others just bitch about "muh tradition".

Hell, even if you're only fiscal conservative, that means that one some fundamental level you want a return to traditional market structures, rather than the planned markets of the modern day.

Case in point: the very concepts of left and right as we know them today were invented in the 1800s specifically to put a halt to classic liberalism and reinforce the state monarchy of France. Conservatives at the time hated being seen as backwards, and wanted to spin the narrative so that people would see it as "law abiders vs anarchists" rather than "people who want the traditional status quo vs people who want freedom and for governments to stop being backwards".

Then in the 1940s, American Republicans did the same because they have no sense of pattern recognition.

That's not to say that liberals are somehow the good guys. This is especially true now, since the Democratic party has largely shifted to support Diet Reaganomics since the 90s. Plus as I mentioned before, wanting to create a world where you reverse the bully/victim heirarchy is not really fighting for egalitarianism at all... and that's what many liberals want nowadays.

tl;dr: there are no good guys and bad guys. The problems of our society are due to people who lack self-awareness and pattern recognition that keep making the same mistakes humans have since they stopped flinging poo and started sharpening rocks.
>>
>>53517290
The scary thing about this image is not the teeth on the brush, but the implication of mouth full of brush hair.
>>
>>53519819
filter feeder like a whale?
>>
>>53519770
>there's never been such a thing as a "pure race"

??
Yes there has? For vast majority of history and pre-history, all corners of the Earth were monoethnic due to the simple fact that travel was incredibly difficult and dangerous. Most people lived and died without ever seeing further than the next village. The current polyethnic jumbles are purely a modern phenomenon, barring a small number of trading hotspots of antiquity that saw regular visitors and settlers.
>>
>>53483971
Dark Vengenace was 100$ not long ago.
GW will always be expensive because there's a ton of people willing to pay those prices.
>>
>>53520271
>For vast majority of history and pre-history, all corners of the Earth were monoethnic due to the simple fact that travel was incredibly difficult and dangerous.
Immigration has always been quite popular throughout human history. And while it hasn't always been available as a right to the lower class (slaves and servants, who effectively relied on trade to control immigration), merchants and the wealthy have traded genes across continents since forever.

>Most people lived and died without ever seeing further than the next village.
Still true today.

Your beliefs are based on myths, child. But it's okay, not your fault. We are but hairless apes enslaved to our tribal instincts.
>>
>>53486556
That Infinity image is from 2005. if I show you an WH40k image from 2005 the levels of plastic toy soldier for children will go out of the scale.
>>
File: FatherKnight.jpg (104KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
FatherKnight.jpg
104KB, 900x506px
The NEW GW Marines are so cool!!!
>>
File: AquilaGuard.jpg (99KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
AquilaGuard.jpg
99KB, 900x506px
>>53520456
Oh, boy! These new GW Spess Muhreens beat the crap out of any other range out there.
>>
>>53520374
>Immigration has always been quite popular throughout human history

Immigration hasn't been _possible_ for most of human history. Not just as a matter of laws (serfs can't leave their master, subjects can't leave their king), but simply because when you go back a thousand years or two, there were no airplanes, no trains, almost no roads, what few existed were plagued by bandits and wild animals, garbage for ships and boats. You didn't travel for fun. You traveled, if you did, out of mortal desperation only as you risked your life to do it.

I don't think most kids realize today how incredibly different the world was before they were alive, how much smaller and more closed it was. They just assume that things that are true now must have always been true.
>>
>>53520374
>merchants and the wealthy have traded genes across continents since forever.

"Merchants and the wealthy" are a meaninglessly tiny percent of the population. Their sexual affairs don't change ethnic profiles of entire peoples.

>Your beliefs are based on myths, child.

Pretty sure you are the child here. You talk like a 19-year-old who thinks he has figured out the world because he read a political blog once and believed every word on it.
>>
>>53484459
Actually, while I love Infinity to death; Infinity are doing the exact opposite.

their models are single pose statues done in a rather piss poor resin, and it simply cannot scratch the hobbyists itch.
>>
>>53520672
>heir models are single pose statues done in a rather piss poor resin, and it simply cannot scratch the hobbyists itch.

INFINITY Models are made in metal. All of them. Excellent quality castings.

Where did you get that "piss poor resin" misinformation from?
>>
>>53520722
I thought the newer models were done in Resin.

... I think I may have been sold some lemons then.
>>
>>53520759
CB has never ever produced a plastic/resin product.

Some people claim that they'll never become mainstream because of sticking to metal.
>>
>>53520807
Well, it seems I have a few knock offs, they are older sculpts too so that confuses me more.

My biggiest issue with infinity though is they're monopose, and while I enjoy having a collection, I want to do a little more without needing to resort to pinning and removing limbs and excessive putty usage.
>>
>>53484400
>they have gone way out of hand.

Wrong. Inflation-adjusted, average price per brick has fallen over the last 30 years.

I think most people who grew up playing with it just have skewed perceptions of their childhood and really don't realise just how much money their parents shelled out at christmas and birthdays.
>>
File: Djanbazan.jpg (137KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Djanbazan.jpg
137KB, 900x506px
>>53520865
>My biggiest issue with infinity though is they're monopose,

You seem to not have a true knowledge of the product. I see very outdated pics here in this thread... and this whole thing about resin...
and I'm not sure what you mean with "monopose".

I would suggest to try purchasing an actual product, not a resin cloned cast by a ukranian pirate company, a product that may fit also as a 40K proxy for you if you are not willing to try the game.
I suggest this because you seem very misinformed about the quality of these scultps. I'm being polite here, I'm not trying to be condescendant.
>>
>>53520523
>Immigration hasn't been _possible_ for most of human history.
Immigration has been possible throughout ALL of human history. We didn't cover the planet AFTER the invention of the car, idiot.

It was just difficult. But difficult isn't always hard enough to stop people.

>Not just as a matter of laws (serfs can't leave their master, subjects can't leave their king), but simply because when you go back a thousand years or two
Subjects could immigrate within their kingdom, and were often allowed to immigrate to other kingdoms during culture exchanges... a commonality when treaty-marriages occurred.

Kingdoms could be pretty damn big, man.

>You traveled, if you did, out of mortal desperation only as you risked your life to do it.
I agree, this was the most common reason to do it. Most immigration diasporas are caused by economic downturn, weather issues, violence and depletion.

And this was actually a common occurrence, so people immigrated fairly often. Perhaps not in a single lifetime, but we're talking as a broader whole of humanity.

>I don't think most kids realize today how incredibly different the world was before they were alive, how much smaller and more closed it was.
I just don't think you realize the things that have changed versus the things that haven't. You assume that people didn't travel at all before the car because you think that it somehow invented the concept of going elsewhere, when the only real change that has affected human immigration is that we stopped measuring travels in days and weeks, and started measuring it in minutes and hours.

The car didn't invent travel, it just made the word "fortnight" obsolete.
>>
>>53520456
>>53520499
they're infinity
>>
>>53520973
>Misinformed by the Quality of the sculpts
>Doesn't know what Monopose means.

Right, not him, but I'll tackle the blatant shill stupidity because I have the same complaints about Infinity.

The Models have no Posability or ability to be changed. No alternative weapons or addons to customise the models. And while I am at it, the Metal fixation really hurts alot of their larger models.

They're nice models, but not worth the price of me getting them, Slapping them on a stance and painting all in 5 mins because most of the "Detail" in an Infinity model is armor plates, belts or joints.
>>
>>53520973
Your fedora is showing
>>
Anyone has read the Belgarath? Along Mallorea or any of Edding writing, they are far away from being master pieces.
But the simple writing, along charismatic characters and the dialogs were pretty basad.
>>
> overpriced bits of plastic are more expensive than these other overpriced bits of plastic.
>>
This doesn't mean anything other than the fact that Lego is horribly overpriced, much worse than nearly any other product.
However, everybody already knows this. Trash thread.
>>
>>53521716
>I'm poor
Good to know.
>>
>>53483971
I honestly don't understand your reasoning here. "A is slightly less expensive than B therefore B isn't actually expensive?"
>>
>>53522192
If you read the thread, you'll find that you are in the majority.
>>
>>53520622
>"Merchants and the wealthy" are a meaninglessly tiny percent of the population. Their sexual affairs don't change ethnic profiles of entire peoples.
Aren't something like half of Chinese people descended from Ghengis Khan?
>>
>>53522892
This isn't an indication of a guy having lots of kids. Its just an indication that a guy had quite a few kids a long time ago.
>>
>>53523049
>Its just an indication that a guy had quite a few kids a long time ago.
So what you're saying is that his sexual affairs changed the ethnic profile of an entire people?
>>
>>53520622
>"Merchants and the wealthy" are a meaninglessly tiny percent of the population.
Merchants have never been a meaninglessly tiny percent of the population.

The largest majority of work outside of labor is mercantile, fool.

>Pretty sure you are the child here.
Really? You're going with "I know you are but what am I?"

Awww... that's adorable....
>>
>>53523096
The sexual affairs of his descents wouldn't change the ethnic make up all that much. They would continue to marry in to local populations until they were completely absorbed with only the faintest trace remaining.
>>
File: 002-2.jpg (84KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
002-2.jpg
84KB, 653x490px
>>53484036
>Cant roll dice
>>
>>53520622
>"Merchants and the wealthy" are a meaninglessly tiny percent of the population.

Are you literally retarded? Or just too poor to afford an education?
>>
File: 1493414679085.jpg (90KB, 719x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493414679085.jpg
90KB, 719x768px
>1329 piece Lego set vs. not even 500 points of Marines
>>
>>53509320
Think I had more to do with the sheer number of Legos stolen before ever reaching retailers and stupidity of still owning your own shipping company.
>>
>>53515096
>Still generic tacticool video game aesthetic
So just like new Primaris Marines?
>>
>>53515096

It's called articulation. Do you think space marine armor would actually have any sort of range of motion?
>>
>>53521072
Shit, brah.
>>
>>53521072
Yet still Father Knight looks much better then new Captain and hell, Aquilla Pose is just fucking awesome
>>
>>53499406
Welcome to overpriced, licensed Disney-shit.
>>
>>53530683
>articulation

Look at historical plate armor designs and tell me if they have an unnecessary number of pieces. Generic trendy SF armor is busy for the sake of being busy, just like greebling on space ships. Overly complex for no reason. Thin plates on a skin tight bodysuit with tons of vulnerable gaps and bullet traps.

>>53530276
>So just like new Primaris Marines?
I don't like the Primaris marines.
>>
>>53484036
>Hasbro pls.
lego is its own company and is the largest toy company in the world.
>>
>>53535897
>Armor where every part had to be hand made and eyeballed not as complex as future state of the art AutoCAD designed armor

Look, fancy plate armor. It does have a shit ton of pieces IMHO.
It's ok anon, beaten wife syndrome is common in GW fans.
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.