[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is your new rival, either IRL, or in the latest campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Seto_Kaiba.png (468KB, 905x695px) Image search: [Google]
Seto_Kaiba.png
468KB, 905x695px
This is your new rival, either IRL, or in the latest campaign you played. How will you fair /tg/?
>>
>>53482209
IRL, not too bad. He relied on Yugi having emotions he could toy with while also having emotions towards Mokuba. Bad villain.

In my last campaign, we'd probably have fucked. I liked em rich.
>>
>>53482209
like I care about some card waving cuck who plays games against children and loses

Even my most basic murder hobo is not going to care about this mook.
>>
Gonna rape him.

Literally. Kaiba was my angry husbando.
>>
File: 2srs.jpg (82KB, 960x900px) Image search: [Google]
2srs.jpg
82KB, 960x900px
>>53482209
I pay some street urchin a few coppers to keep him busy while the rest of the party proceeds to ignore him.
>>
>>53482658
No, see, Kaiba has two abilities:

1) Obsession
2) Money

He's basically Batman, except in the context of the show he dumped everything into the one thing that mattered: Duel Monsters.

Put him in any other setting and you have an obsessed megalomaniac with a ton of money, and who usually only lost because of bullshit protagonist powers... and then he got some of his own.
>>
I'm dumb and relatively poor with attention spam issues against a super rich obsessive genius

So that depends, do I get to play by shonen rules? If so I might do it, if not gg

My character might be able to get something done. She's made half a living fucking with "too good for you" rich folks. Then again she uses a guitar and the eventual knife and arrow and not monster cards
>>
>>53482786
this guy's got it.
put a Kaiba-like villain in a setting with loads of money, enough to make dragons jealous, an obsession on the same thing as the protagonists in the campaign and you get some horrifyingly effective NPC.

although for the sake of the campaign, said villain needs to become, over time, an ally of the protagonists and have a sibling that is vulnerable, but under the protection of the Kaiba entity
>>
>>53482209
He would totally outdo me in making games by inserting money to the most asinine tabletop RPG:s. Money gets a lot of things done in this industry.

I wouldn't mind, other than he would probably make me pretty miserable by making these hyuge profits from stuff that competes directly with my own.

In my current campaign? Oh boy. You can't just insert money to problems when you're a stranded Space Marine with no communications to anywhere. But he would probably have the absolute SICKEST gear imaginable... But I reckon my Librarian would still fare against him... Unless he was one too. One LOADED with all the Psychic Enhancing gear.
>>
>>53482898
>You can't just insert money to problems when you're a stranded Space Marine with no communications to anywhere.

Are you absolutely 100% sure about that anon?
>>
>>53482939
You know, there's probably some kind of Tzeentch/Slaanesh Sorcerer/Daemon that plays with Psyker Energy and Money like a professional Gambler/Investor. He can probably dump money into the Warp just to get free weapons and bullshit powers out of it, then later he Scrooge McDuck's a pile of money.
>>
How exactly does a rival even work IRL?

I mean, is it going to be like Yugioh where all he really does is challenge me to a children's card game all the time?
>>
>>53483026

He wants to win. In particular, he wants to win at the thing you do. Specifically, he wants to win while you lose.

Think about all that really and truly losing implies. Not just "oh well I guess I'll try next time", nah nigga. This is a matter of shattering pride, shaking confidence, asserting superiority.

Kaiba is a huge fucking prick, too. Took the entire show for him to consider getting his head out of his ass
>>
>>53483026
More like an overzealous 'Anything you can do' type of person. If you 'lose', you stroke their huge egos even more. If you 'win' you encourage their drive to show you up. The only way to get them to stop being your rival is either a tremendous win/defeat. They can be assholes about it or not, it kind of varies.
>>
>>53482898
>"One of your players said you were good at making campaigns, great even. But then they said that yours were better than mine; it must be hard having liars for players.
>"Oh, such mockeries of tabletop avatars. If you think you are going to be a better GM than me, you can start by thinning your paints."
>"Introducing: 'KaibaKorpKampaign'! The world's first, and best, augmented reality roleplaying experience!"
>Has little brother fuck with your GM notes
>Exits the game store via backflips and theme appropriate jet.
>>
>>53482658
>defeats armed trained elite bodyguards with fucking cards
He'd fuck you up.
>>
>>53483881
>TFW A printer can make weapons of mass destruction, and they are used by children.
>>
>>53482209
>lots of money and an obsessive vendetta against character
>tfw my character has already outjewed Teysa Karlov due to blackmail and a whole lot of GM favoritism and we haven't heard back since
I can smell the crackship from five planes away, and I am getting so high off of it right now.

IRL though, I'd just be glad I have a super-genius so devoted to defeating me that he progresses technology faster than Moore's Law could dare hope.
>>
>>53482998
That sounds pretty damn cool. Might have to take that idea.
>>
File: 1494851344033.png (227KB, 322x362px) Image search: [Google]
1494851344033.png
227KB, 322x362px
>>53482786
>Batman, but more autistically focused, and way more of an asshole

Hmm... I want to do something like this, but having such an ally might make everything a bit too easy. Maybe I could just have him not help if it doesn't suit his interests
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.