[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Execute one, capture another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 2013-11-06 12.40.23.png (1MB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-06 12.40.23.png
1MB, 650x823px
You're an assassin or something. You've infiltrated a radical Inquisitor and his retinue. Your assets:
A) Their complete trust somehow
B) A bolt pistol with precisely one bullet in it
C) A tranquilizer dart or some shit
D) A quick escape route

You get to shoot one of them in the head with a guaranteed kill, take another prisoner and get away with it alive, but the rest will escape justice (at least from you). Here are your marks:

>Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: seeks archaeo- and xenos tech for his own purposes, claims these things can serve the Imperium, has dozens of safehouses full of secret stashes and heretical knowledge that nobody but you know of
>Interrogator, second in command: Blank, wants to know everything about everything and teach it to everyone too, head full of uncounted dark lore
>Psyker: Beta or maybe even Alpha, dabbles in Chaos sorcery, trafficks with daemons, knows many powerful names in the beyond
>Techpriest: Cuts up aliens for fun and knowledge, has forbidden tech everywhere (including in his body), shares the metal bits of his body with a Man of Iron
>Stormtrooper: Autistic, second to only a Vindicare in marksmanship, unsanctioned psyker
>A sniper: Draws every gory shit he sees into a little notebook, the book shows him pictures of the future, Cognitae trained
>Another techpriest: Builds up new weird guns as a hobby, secretly a clone created using heretical tech
>Another psyker: Compulsively eats paper
>Ecclesiarch priest: Knows of most of this stuff but thinks they can still be useful, tries to keep them from going to the deep end
>Sister Hospitaller: Knows none of this, just tries to keep them alive, pure cinnamon roll

Who gets the bullet? Who comes with you out of this place?
>>
>>53479930
Kill the first psyker, no contest.
Capture the Inquisitor and deliver evidence to the Ordo Hereticus and Adeptus Mechanicus. The rest of the gang need to be dealt with but they're not time-critical like the sorcerer.
>>
Kill the priest, capture the hospitaller. The rest will hopefully then kill each other off.
>>
Capture the inquisitor, so we can find the xenos artifacts and dispose of them. Kill the interrogator, that information is too dangerous to have just running around. Without the blank there is no way to control the alpha level psyker, who will inevitably explode and kill the rest of the party.
>>
>>53480301
This
>>
>>53480563
>capture the hospitaller
Then marry her?
>>
>>53481188
Yeah sure why not.
>>
>>53480301
Another rational inquisition agent I see.

Beta and alpha level psykers are a menace even when they're not dabbling in sorcery, and from the sounds of it this one didn't cross the line into heresy but jumped it on a motorcycle while a temple to the Emperor exploded behind him.
>>
>>53479930
Shoot the paper-eater and then drug myself.
>>
>>53480301
Potentially kill the Psyker, or capture him and sequester him somewhere very far away. Cause what if killing him opens a daemon portal or some shit? Either way, he's got to be dealt with if he's messing with daemons.

Then capture or kill the first techpriest. Doesn't matter which.
>>
there's a difference between radical and renegade
>>
>Man of Iron
You guys know what these guys could do, right?

Techpriest is going down.
>>
>>53479930
>TWO (2) psykers haven't discovered you instantly or at the very least roused suspicion over your psychic defenses
>>
>>53479930
Kill the techpriest, dear god.
Capture the psyker.
>>
>>53482977
Please, explain to me what they could do. I need to know, because my Rogue Trader accidentally activated a fleet of them and now needs to gather allies to deal with it.

Also murder the fuck out of the A+ psyker, capture the Inquisitor and ask the Hospitaller to come with you. Nicely.
>>
>>53479930
Fuck the Priest, Marry the Sister., Kill the Paper-Eater
>>
>>53479930
Shoot the scariest psyker so they don't kill me in my hiding hole.

Kidnap inquisitor and use him as leverage on the rest of the gang.
>>
File: 1360587124719.jpg (43KB, 357x498px) Image search: [Google]
1360587124719.jpg
43KB, 357x498px
>>53479930
if you have their complete trust you just need to turn them on each other, then finish off the survivor.

No survivors, no exceptions.
>>
In the confines of this exercise I will kill the psyker and capture the rogue inquisitor and make my escape.

Than I will flaggelate myself for not somehow leveraging the trust I had to execute every last one of those heretics.

also I will endevour to remember the sister hospitaller's number.
>>
>>53479930
>tranq the Hospitalier
>shoot the Gellar field generator
>initiate warp jump in 5
>GTFO
>>
>>53479930
Kill the Alpha/Beta Psyker as he is a ticking time bomb that could doom an entire system.
Capture the Inquisitor, the rest can't do shit and have no access without him, the group falls apart.
>>
>>53487106
Call fucking everyone. Tell the Admech right away. Tell the Sector fleet. Hell, tell the Segmentarium fleet. Tell the High Lords of Terra.
>>
>>53487106
>Please, explain to me what they could do.

>They had serpentine space ships that could kill suns, imagine the eternal dragon from Dragonball but robotic and instead of granting wishes causes mass genocide. Now remember that the only other faction to do this is the Necrons and they only used it in extremely desperate situation as it disrupted the flow of the universe, that's right the Necrons have better morality when it came to unleashing extremely powerful Sun killing weapons. How fucking unhinged were these motherfuckers! The worse part is that humans also used these things, so nobody is in the right.
>They consumed Raw data, now at first this may seem mundane I mean they're machines until you realize that they can absorb the raw data of space itself making the essentially what would happen if H.P Lovecraft instead of James Cameron wrote the movie The Terminator.
>Basically, we may love to mock the Imperium for having forgotten so much from the Dark Age of Technology, but the Men of Iron are probably the biggest evidence that some of that shit really is better off forgotten and left the fuck alone. Even the Tau would be left with a bad case of technophobia if they ever had to deal with the Men of Iron.
>>
File: visibly confused.jpg (108KB, 477x641px) Image search: [Google]
visibly confused.jpg
108KB, 477x641px
>>53488799
>Absorb the raw data of space itself
i
what
that's the most anime shit i've ever heard
>>
>>53489033
Good, you are beginning to understand Warhammer 40k.
>>
>>53489092
So how exactly did DAoT humanity BEAT that? Big guns? Calling up the prime-orks for help and unleashing Gorkken Morkkan? Putting a single fire warrior in front of them? Letting Cruddace write the next Men of Iron codex?
>>
>>53489149
Who the fuck knows. Back in the Dark Age there were very few limits to what humanity could do, and personally I'd rather not learn any details on it. The more background detail, the worse it usually turns out to be.
>>
>>53489168
didn't that one mechanicum ship throw an eldar ship back in time and shoot it with a black hole for giggles
>>
>>53489179
I don't fucking know, probably.
>>
I first retrieve some NOT HERETICAL Archaeotech from one of the Inquisitor's safehouses if I am given the chance. Any number of options will allow me to handle this situation. I will look first and foremost for anything that disrupts psykers and their sorceries.

After acquiring this, I will cause a leak or set a clock off slightly wrong in the Stormtrooper's room. I intend to get him to snap, aggravating his autism until it breaks. When he is close to breaking, the device will be activated, but not before I convince the Ecclesiarch and Hospitaller to go off-ship, visiting the local monastery/church/etc. First Techpriest gets shot in the head; his body will come with me as evidence of a far greater threat. The Inquisitor comes with me as well, tranquilized. My escape route is a lander which I will take to an Adeptus Mechanicus ship which has been held in retainer. We jump to the nearest Ordo Hereticus outpost, leave the Inquisitor there, and then hit every safehouse that I have a record of to either confiscate archaeotech or destroy xenotech. First chance I get, the Interrogator gets captured as well. Second Techpriest is probably ok, if the others haven't caused him to fall too far. We can convince him to rejoin the Mechanicus proper. The Stormtrooper, Sniper, and Psykers are all potential problems at this point - they would all need to be taken out by myself/my allies before they can act on us. Perhaps we can use the Interrogator against the psykers.
>>
>>53489341
>NOT HERETICAL Archaeotech
Is there such a thing?
>>
>>53490937
>Anything involving Mechanicus
Okay.
>Anything not involving Mechanicus
Heretical.

Therefore, the tech-priests in this scenario are both fine.
>>
Kill the first psyker immediately, because if I don't, I'm dead in the second.
Capture the Inquisitor because, with his help and his knowledge about his comrades, I will probably be able to execute the other members of his crew in the future.
>>
>>53490937
As long as it doesn't involve AI or Chaos it's probably okay.
>>
>>53479930
Elephant in the room here: is that Ainz Ooal Gown as an inquisitor?
>>
>>53488231
We told the AdMech. They sent a fleet. It got destroyed. They blamed us for it so now we're dismantling the Magos' powerbase for being a petty little shitbag.
>>
>>53494306
>They sent a fleet. It got destroyed.
How did they destroy a whole fleet?
>>
>>53496314
Because it ran into an Iron Man fleet when all it was expecting was a single Iron Man superweapon the size of an entire planet? I suspect it was mostly just incompetence on the part of the AdMech.
>>
>>53496735
Or the psyker.
>>
>>53494306
That's retarded, when the mechanicus schisms, Titans walk and worlds burn. This is the sort of thing that heals those schisms, with the express intent of KILL IT NOW.
Every spare fleet element in whatever sector of the galaxy you are in should be converging on your location right fucking now. No Magos should get in the way of it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.