[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

File: AOSRPG!.jpg (25KB, 828x315px)
AOSRPG!.jpg
25KB, 828x315px
Age of Sigmar RPG! 2018 is the year! edition

We need Shadows Over Hammerhal and Nagash Undying King added to the resources (seriously, it's been months since their release!) sub-edition.
>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW
Skirmish ePub
https://mega.nz/#!qZwElBQQ!_8IUfx_Mqie55febS-PSIwmB4T3_YVJF9QIX7Fp3mpM

General Handbook
https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I
>>
>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >>53456547
>>
File: Beastmen.png (1MB, 944x654px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.png
1MB, 944x654px
>>53476824
First for Beastmen!
>>
S-second for I want to post links to a /tg/ Discord I made... but I don't want to if there is already one.
>>
>>53476824
Soon
>>
>>53476824
I fucking want them to release the second general handbook. The game is really stale, the release rate is at a crawl.
>>
>>53477075
what are you talking about you retard they just released a whole bunch of content with the last few months
>>
>>53477075
W-what? We had 4 months of AoS and now we have fucking 8TH EDITION 40K. WHAT A SURPRISE IT'S A MAJOR EVENT.
>>
>>53477004
Stop being a bitch and post it already
>>
>>53477127
All the content goes to the same factions. The general handbook really needs an update. The rules, while good, could use the same update as 40k is getting.

Calm down bro, calm down.
>>
>>53477075
>Why won't GW buff the armies I like and Nerf the ones I don't like?
>Nevermind the fact that they released skydwarves and skirmishes, I only care about my army.
>>
Wondering if anyone else has played a few games of skirmish yet and if so any tips? im about to enter a campaign at my local store and i wanna know if my khorne/slaves are gonna get fucked up since theres no hoard of tar pit units to block the ranged stuff
>>
New guy (sort of) here, I played a bunch of AoS with other people's armies but I'm finally getting my own. I like Tzeentch because of the pretty models but I'm also huge fan of magic and ranged combat (plus no one plays it in my playgroup).
Is there anything I should change here? All tips are welcome!

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 3x Pair of Savage Blade
- 2x Savage Greatblade
- 5x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 3x Pair of Savage Blade
- 2x Savage Greatblade
- 5x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (80)
Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>53476824
What you guys think the RPG will be about? Do you think it'll be about stormcast kill-team bashing down some chaos? Or, maybe, about a group of chaos warriors in their brutal attempt to become Varanguard? I'm so hyped about it.
Lets's just hope it will include as much roleplay as possible (:
>>
Skirmish book pdf when
>>
>>53477266
I've not played but you're really gonna want to band your cheap dudes together and gang up on elite models.
Shooting and general ranged attacks are going to be absolutely godly, as is any source of mortal wounds since most models are gonna be 1-2 Wounds. If an opponent spreads their warband too thin slam your entire band into them targeting one model at a time, you're gonna take casualties but you can afford them far more than most
>>
File: 1488849320612.jpg (191KB, 1273x2048px)
1488849320612.jpg
191KB, 1273x2048px
SIGMARINES
>>
>>53477354
i can scan it through tomorrow at school if it still hasnt been posted yet
>>
>>53477329
Stormcast mary sues are most likely to be the main protagonists, but let's hope we actually get a bigger choice of characters
>>
>>53477363
It was in the last thread, top tier goodboy points for you though anon
>>
>>53477329
i wanna play lizard bros shooting oiled up chaos men
>>
>>53477004
https://discord.gg/mVNWTu
>>
>>53477141
I think I've fucked up all the settings anyway mate.

>>53477407
Cheers. The server I had planned for just /tg/, but I don't have the effort to set it up properly.
>>
What do you guys think would be better for skirmishes.

25pts
Skinks starpriest 16
Terradon rider 8pts
1 skinks

Or

Skinks starpriest 16
Saurus guard 4
Saurus guard 4
Skink 1

I like the terradon for the mobility and multiple wounds but the guard will hit harder.
>>
>>53477528
Guard don't worth it, i think.4 renown for a 1-wound model? That's not smart. Terradon is your solution, serabro, as he can do mortal wounds which wery few of seraphon actually can. But don't you think one skink is unable to do anything?
>>
>>53477319
Sounds good
inb4 minmaxer faggots say it's shit
>>
File: IMG_5314.jpg (140KB, 1000x692px)
IMG_5314.jpg
140KB, 1000x692px
Friendly reminder that slaanesh isn't squatted, as we got tits again in 40k.
>>
>>53476824
What is "nagash undying king?" Don't see it at black library.
>>
File: IMG_5147.jpg (62KB, 500x732px)
IMG_5147.jpg
62KB, 500x732px
So what's the significance of gw releasing skirmishes? Isn't it just another excuse to sell models in new groups? Is it like a new edition? What is it?

Also, I have a bunch of skaven, and I haven't played in months. There any point in playing my army?
>>
>>53477319
Too many Bolts Of Tzeench. Remember, you can only sucsessifuly cast it once! Use some other spells, there are lots of handy ones.

Also, fuck double blades on tzaangors, go shields with them. (And greatblades, yup)
>>
>>53477695
No, it's a way for people to get into games with small amounts of models so loads aren't needed to play. Which is a good idea. Furthermore, it allows you to make more dedicated "Your D00ds" type situations.
>>
>>53477698
Thanks for the tip! I didn't put too much thought in the spells, traits and artifacts as they can be changed easily. I'm more interested in getting the feedback about the models.

>>53477619
Thanks! I suppose you are referring to having 2 units of just 10 Tzaangors. I know they get bonuses in larger groups, but sadly there just wasn't any room left for more than 20
>>
>>53477695
Skirmish attract the potential buyers! Some people just don't want to puchase hordes of plastic dudes to have fun, you know. So it's about marketing, not new edition or new lore.
>>
FORGE WORLD SKIRMISH RULES WHEN
>>
>>53477199
I never talked about nerf/buff. You claim I did, while I didnt. I'm talking about balancing the releases among factions and updating the actual rules of the game.
>>
Im thinking about running for my skirmish campaign skull grinder and 2 blood warriors and 1 bloodreaver and then saving up for an exalted deathbringer or skull grinder and 9 bloodreavers and slowly saving for a bloodsecrator
>>
>>53477637
It's an exclusive at Warhammer World, so unless someone scans it we're shit out of luck
>>
>>53477375
I'd argue. There are lots of ways for stormast to not to be Mary Sues!

>decimator lost his entire personality due to reforgement, acting like a silent killing machine and performing acts of brutal slaughter
>procecutor who acts like Not!Luftwaffen pilot, hunts down worthy enemies and so on. Pride included
>liberator who's views about what order is are so radical that he hates mortals of all reams other than Azyr as they may be chaotic
>vanguard hunter who is hunting down random slaves-to-darkness. Even children. They're chaos too, amirite
>dracoth rider, ex-khornate lord, who got hit by Ghal Maraz and was reforged. Blood fetishes are the same

And so on and on. It's easy to find the dark side in this setting
>>
>>53477605
You need at least three units and it is probably better to buy a single skink for recon than not have one.
>>
>>53477605
Fills the requirement and it's a little bit shooty so eh, also has high movement for objective grabbing and can engage another 1pt model to tie it
>>
New potential AoS player here, interested in getting into the game through Skirmish. I'm thinking about some sort of Death Warband but I'm not sure what I would want to pick up and what I would want to get over time.
>>
Anyone got a pdf for Grand Alliance: Death? Unsure of what other wizard I want in my army besides Arkhan.
>>
I've got shadows overhammerhal but I've got no fucking clue how to upload this shit to mega. Is there anything special I need to do?
>>
>>53478378
The rules are all free on the GW website, why do you want the Grand Alliance PDA for that?
>>
>>53478050
Well I stand corrected. Good job anon
Let's hope they don't screw this up, I'm really fucking excited
>>
>>53478378
Your options are:

Nagash
Nefereta
Manfred
Necromancer(which can be on a horse)

Personally? I'd go with a Mortis Engine, gives +1 to casting rolls.

Necromancer? If it takes a wound and there is a Death unit nearby (within 3") roll a D6, on a 4+ the Death unit will suffer a Mortal Wound but the Necromancer will ignore the original wound.

It is Level 1 (One cast, one dispel) and has Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Vanhel's Danse Macabre: Select a Skeleton, Mordant or Zombie unit within 18", that unit can pile in and attack twice in your next combat phase. Casting value of 6.

Nefereta is Lv.2 (two cast, two dispel). Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Dark Misk: Pick a unit within 18", unit your next hero phase the unit can fly and ignore Rend values against it. Casting value of 6.

She's great if you can manage to kill enemy heroes with her melee weapons. They spawn a Vampire Lord.
>>
>>53479397
I hate that ability Nefereta has. It makes no sense. She kills an enemy hero with her staff or dagger... and it spawns a Vampire Lord.

HOW DOES THAT WORK ON CHAOS DAEMONS OR SERAPHON? HOW DO THEY TURN INTO A VAMPIRE LORD? THEY'RE NOT PHYSICAL BEINGS. Sylvaneth also makes no sense. I can understand dwarf Vampires and Free People Vampires (be they human or elf or dwarf). But how does it work with Stormcast or the ones I mentioned? A Chaos Warrior Vampire is fine.

This rule should be changed to "Any Mortal Hero". Because Seraphon and Chaos Daemons can't be turned into Vampires. It makes no sense.
>>
Speaking of skirmishes two questions
Is it possible to build an all hero destruction army (50 renown)
What is literally the cheapest way to get to 50 renown. (Discount build)
>>
File: IMG_0839.png (113KB, 719x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0839.png
113KB, 719x771px
I've been away from the hobby and away from here for about a month. Is Skirmish out yet and are Moonclan grots a viable choice?
>>
So is there a realm of magic that's just the old setting where storm of magic is canon?
>>
>>53477828
Sorry anon, FW is booked for 30k until the end of time.
>>
>>53480020
Skirmish is out, check the epub in the OP and look at the points
>>
>>53480020
Unfortunately, it looks like the only option Moonclan Grots have is 'Grots'. Max 30, 1 renown per model. Since you need a hero, you'll likely have to pick up one from one of the other Destruction groups.
>>
>>53480020
Moonclan Grots:
Grots: 1 Renown (Max 30 models)

Gitmob Grots:
Grots: 1 Renown (Max 30 models)
Grost Shaman: 16 Renown
Grot Wolf Rider: 4 Renown (Max 10 models)

Spiderfang Grots:
Grot Spider Rider: 4 Renown (Max 10 models)

You can literally BURY your enemies in grots.
>>
How about this for a Wanderer Skirmish campaign List:

Nomad Prince 16
4x Glade Guard

Not terribly creative, but atleast you get 4 rend -3 shots per game, so it is something.
>>
>>53480205
Thanks for the heads up.
>>53480302
>>53480314
Moonclan shamans aren't an option? Fuck. I'd have thought they would be. Guess Curse of da Bad Moon is just too strong.
>>
>>53480599
If the model is finecast its not allowed to be used in skirmishes, but if i remember right there was a website that was doing some number convertions to use them i cant remember what site it was tho
>>
>>53480046
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53480788
Well I use the shaman from the battle of skull pass myself. I find it a charming little model.
>>
>>53480788

I miss metal models. Totally unrelated, but the fine cast comment got me thinking. It was cool having things with some heft. Like, you knew that dreadnought was gonna fuck up someone's day.
>>
>>53480788
It's approximately points/5 = renown. For units that means divide the cost of minimum unit by the minimum unit size.
Some things don't line up exactly, but it's close enough.
>>
>>53480840
when i say "not allowed to be used" i mean like it doesnt have any rules you can use the physical model, some of the finecast ones look nice if you do them well its just most of the vampire stuff is missing from the book because its finecast
>>
I decided it would be fun to put together a Dwarf Scouting Party skirmish warband.

Unforged - 20
Gyrobomber - 16
5 Quarrellers - 10
2 Dwarf Warriors - 4

Gyrobomber is an expensive investment, but it fits the theme of the army nicely, as I plan to so a small conversion using a Dwarf Miner minecart to make it look like it carries cargo.
Its speed and damage potential look useful for skirmish as well, since there is a 50/50 chance it outright kills any single wound model it flies over before it starts shooting.

>>53480421
I am thinking you should maybe swap two Glade Guard for Eternal Guard, since you can't rely on always being away from the enemy.
>>
>>53479931
OK, did some digging myself
$40 death 50 renown
$14.75 Tomb Banshee (16)
$14.75 Wight King with Baleful tomb blade (24)
$10 skeleton warriors 5 pack (2pts each 10 pts)
Anyone find anything cheaper...
And it doesn't look like you can have all heroes destruction but. You can have
1 grot shaman (16)
1 Orruk warchanter (16)
1 orruk boar chariot (16)
>>
>>53477631
Tits never disappeared.
>>
>>53481016
I'll just use him and say he counts as a regular grot shaman until they give moonclan shamans rules. Hopefully my opponents won't throw autism fits about that.
>>
>>53476824
So I just read on their facebook comments they don't "accept unsolicited submissions right now".

As an individual very alien to the world of roleplaying (though this one may interest me), does this happen often? What consist the submissions generally? (And while I know it's going to sound pathetic as all fuck, please bear with me. I'm not a native english nor really "versed" in all this stuff YET)
>>
I admit to not having a strong grasp of the Age of Sigmar/Skirmish rules, but the way it's worded that each model is a unit. Does that mean that if I took Freeguild Handgunners they could all have Long Rifles? Each model is its own unit and thus the leader of its unit, right?
>>
>>53482464
No, the Skirmish rules specifically mentions that for special weapons, the warscrolls restrictions apply, and only one model per warscroll can be a unit champion.

So, this means if it is a unit that lets you have a special weapon for every 5 models, you can only have 1 per 5 models. I suppose this means if you have 6 models, you can have 2 of those special weapons, but it is unclear on that and I think some official clarification would be nice.

Every model is treat as a unique unit for every other aspect though, which can be interesting. For example, if you a have say, 5 tree revenants, now all of them should be able to reroll a different dice with their ability.
>>
>>53482464
>>53482616
>You may only include each warscroll once in each warband.
>You may only take each champion model once per warscroll.
>>
I want to play Skirmish and use a Necromancer I've started making, but the list will end up looking like:

24 Renoun
>Necromancer 22
>Skeleton 2
>>
>>53482900
Skirmish really, really doesn't work below 30 points. I don't even know why they suggested it. I feel like they added the "1 hero minimum" requirement as an after thought and didn't really consider that it would be impossible to get a hero and 2 other models in 25 points for most armies.
>>
>>53482900
My group is starting at 35. I suggest doing that.
>>
>>53482957
I think they want to give you a feeling of growth. Like you basically arrive with one dude and two henchmen and start recrutinv upon arrival in the city.
>>
>>53476824

Could anyone please give me a screenie of a sample skirmish warband for Freeguild? I'd like to join my first ever tourne.
>>
File: Blanche empire.jpg (117KB, 680x890px)
Blanche empire.jpg
117KB, 680x890px
>>53485162

Failing that, a sample Bloodbound band?

Also I can't fucking wait for the RPG!!
>>
Is Tzeentch a good newbie army?

What if I ONLY restricted my collection to stuff I could also use in 40k, at least to start, just in case I don't like AoS? I'm a 40k Necrons player at present, but I could see myself starting a second army of Tzeentch Chaos Daemons.

I'd probably go easy mode and just use the 1000-point list from the OP pastebin, the one you can make by getting two Start Collecting sets.
>>
>>53477386
Where? I can't find it.
>>
Devoted of Sigmar are missing from the Skirmish book, why?

Flaggelants are plastic and the Excelsior Warpriest is also in plastic.

Anyhow, renown cost if we follow the math
>Flagellants: 2 renown
>Excelsior Warpriest: 16 renown
>>
>>53486981
GW probably forgot they existed
>>
Aside from State Troops, what are some good kits for converting Vampire Thralls or other hypnotized humans for a Death army?
>>
>>53487037
Marauders I guess. Nothing else really comes to mind.
>>
Is the Beastmen battalion box and a bray shaman a good start for a beastmen army?
>>
>>53487855

What's in the battalion box? It's been taken off GW's site.
>>
>>53482099
It happens constantly if you have a high-profile IP. They don't want to be sued by some tard who sent in a half-baked idea years ago if they release something even vaguely similiar.
>>
>>53482099

It's standard stuff. When they say they don't accept unsolicited submissions, it means that if you send in any sort of idea for an army, a unit, or a story direction, they ignore it.

Usually they ignore it without even reading it. If you sent in an idea and they used it without crediting you, you could sue them, so on the advice of their lawyers they HAVE to delete your submission unread after making it clear that your submission will not be accepted.

If they did read it and accepted it, they would have to credit you, and possibly pay you. They don't want to do that.

If they read it, rejected it, but then did something similar, you could sue them. Even if they lose, it's still an expensive legal battle. So if they accept and read submissions, they're committing to either accepting them or rejecting them and then NEVER DOING ANYTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THE REJECTED SUBMISSION EVER, unless they clearly state in the terms of submission that they can use your ideas without paying or crediting you, in which case you are accepting those terms by submitting.
>>
>>53488476

Since most ideas they receive will be terrible, this means that accepting submissions under the terms that would avoid getting sued is usually functionally identical to just not accepting submissions at all. So why bother?
>>
Which software do you use to read that EPUB on PC?
I've tried with Calibre, but it fails to visualize it correctly...and btw it also fails to convert it to PDF.

TY!
>>
>>53488524

Readium.
>>
the Chrome's App?
It works! Thank you sir! May Ranald bless you!

BTW: Does Ranald still exist in AoS? :O
>>
>>53488538
the Chrome's App?
It works! Thank you sir! May Ranald bless you!

BTW: Does Ranald still exist in AoS? :O

PS: I forgot to quote your post...sorry: noob fag still learning how to fagging properly
>>
>>53480020
>>53480205
>>53488524

Here is the PDF version of Skirmish:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p8rrwch13rhzxif/AoS-Skirmish.pdf
>>
So I got like... second or third hand info regarding the RPG for Sigmar.

They won't use the funky dice system FFG used. While they still haven't made up their minds on how they want to tackle the setting, they are thinking something along the lines of a fall-out style game with the players being survivors of the Age of Chaos going out to explore.
>>
>>53488733
Thank you!
>>
>>53488805
>They won't use the funky dice system FFG used
Shame, their Star Wars RPG system dice are neat
>>
>>53488733
Aw, you sexy beast. I have the paper one but it's not as handy as digital version
>>
>>53488805
Sigmar have mercy! That plot will be insanely awesome, because AoS has HUGE potential as a post-ap setting. Just set it in the realm of metal and you can have cyborgs! Mutants and magical "radiation" goes from the Realm of Chaos... with theese classic post-ap details you can have dragons, and aelves, and orruks, and as many cool magic stuff you want. I want this setting for FRPG already!
>>
>>53488805
Woo, seems cool!

Any info regarding WFRP 4th edition?
>>
File: ghb2.png (55KB, 619x749px) Image search: [Google]
ghb2.png
55KB, 619x749px
>>53477075
post you're aos ghb 2 wishlist
>>
File: JMQKQgo.jpg (114KB, 400x400px)
JMQKQgo.jpg
114KB, 400x400px
>>53477329
I just hope I can play as a Lord-Veritant or something similar

>have a qt gryphpupper
>break into peoples homes during dinner parties
>use lantern to expose nobility at the table as chaos cultists
>smite evil with the blade of judgment gifted to me by sigmar
>>
>>53477631
slaneesh was never squatted
>>
>>53479159
Rip it apart
Scan each page
Combine into a single pdf
Upload it
>>
Absolutely Disgusting
>>
>>53476824
I'm a bit sceptic about how the Allegiance system work.
In Scrollbuilder for instance, I can't take any PESTILENS unit if I select SKAVEN.
The Plague Priest debufs are insane, so I'd like to keep one near my Stormvermins

Can someone tell me if this is legit?

SKAVEN allegiance --> Chaos Traits & Artefacts?

1 Verminus Claw Pack (Battalion):
|
|- Warlord (Leader - General), trait + artefact
|- 3 units of Clanrats (battle lines)
|- 1 unit of Stormvermin
`- 3 Skryre engine teams (triple gatling)

1 Plague Priest, with Crown (additional artefact - owing to Battalion)
>>
>>53488805
#CalledIt
>>
What do you all think of this as my start?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Strategist
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone
Lord-Veritant (120)
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Total: 1000/2000

The aquilor and a unit of hunters will start in pursuit or he do it after the setup. Cunning Strategist will be used to get the raptors and Venator up if possible, depending on the map. The second unit of hunters will accompany the veritant as he hunts down whatever he wants to kill lol.
, or they will act as a screen for the Venator. Since he has a prayer to give another hero another attack, he can be useful there. The gryph hound also synergizes with this very well with it's anti deep strike.
>>
Can someone help me start a 1k points army of seraphon? I've already got 10 skinks, and i wanted to take the bastilodon as an heavy hitter, but from that point onwards i have no idea what to use.
>>
>>53491122
friend of mine has same problem wit ORRUKS / GREENSKINZ / IRONJWAZ etc..
>>
>>53491660
I think it might be a bit hero heavy. I'd probably cut the Venator myself.

But it could definitely work. Depends on what types of people you face.
>>
>>53491770
Try this, I guess lol.

Allegiance: Order
Slann Starmaster (260)
Skink Starseer (160)
10 x Skinks (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
Bastiladon (300)

Total: 1000/2000
>>
Could anyone field a quick Skirmish question? Regarding warband weapon options, we've got this:

You may choose any combination
of weapon options for models from
the same warscroll. For example,
you may take an Orruk Brute armed
with two Brute Choppas, as well as
an Orruk Brute armed with a Jagged
Gore-hacka. However, you must
adhere to any limitations on weapon
options that are otherwise specifed.
For example, only 1 in 5 Orruk Brutes
can be armed with a Massive Gorechoppa,
regardless of the weapon
combination of the other models from the same warscroll.

In this example, if you took <5 Orruk Brutes, would you simply be not allowed to take a Massive Gore-choppa?
>>
>>53488805
Ah, and they mentioned they were toying with the idea of a heist scenario, with you trying to steal a skyship from the Kharadrons. Nothing set in stone, though.
>>
>>53491848
You may be right. In higher points, I wouldn't take many more heroes; perhaps one or two more. The Venator with a luckstone is there almost exclusively to snipe their general off the board. Then the aquilor comes in to finish off whoever is next.

Truth be told I'm going for fluff here lol. I've yet to see a single batrep that uses only vanguard. Veritant aside, that's what I plan to do. Even then, I think he fits well enough.

I have to be very careful about my low troop numbers though, as you hinted at. Thankfully the astral compass allows a lot of awesome plays that mitigate that problem.
>>
>>53490568
It would be fucking cool. Just imagine you're also roleplaying as samuel L. Jackson in pulp fiction:

I DOUBLE DARE YOU TO DO THAT AGAIN YOU CHAOS MADAFAKA!
>>
>>53477188
Let GW test the new rules out in 40k first before they bring the rules over. It'll allow them to better understand the effects of these new rules and how they affect different playstyles.
>>
>>53491905

If you took <=5, you can have one. If you have 6-10 you can have two, etc.
>>
>>53487855
Do you want to win or do you want to have fun? Does your fun hinge on winning?

You won't win often (or ever, against meta lists) unless your meta has fun and fluffy lists, so you better enjoy the hobby aspect of it.
>>
>>53492080
Thanks. Do you know if there's been an official statement on that kind of thing anywhere?
>>
>>53487887
20 Gors, 10 Ungors/Raiders, 10 Bestigors.
>>
>>53491122
Just go general chaos. Why do you need Skaven Allegiance?
>>
>>53491921
Yeah definitely. I say go for it and see what happens!
>>
>>53490497
>Your general must be a leader
Go fuck yourself. Why would you want to change this, of all things?

I can agree with most everything else. Not stacking named buffs is boring, but it fixes the sometimes cryptic wordplay to figure out what buffs and debuffs actually stack (looking at you, Hellstriders).
>>
>>53492246
I dont need it obviously, that's what I didn't understand about the whole allegiance thing.
With scrollbuilder, you cannot mix "compendium" skavens with units from pestilens specific battletome

If I want to play Verminus + some Pestilens stuff, by going general Chaos, I can still have access to the Verminus Clawpack Battalion?
>>
>>53492336
I could have sworn that you can just select another drop down and add stuff from there. The drop downs are only for organization's sake.

And yes. Battalions are not limited to Allegiance.
>>
>>53492322
>Why would you want to change this, of all things?
Abuse of Command Traits.
2 main abuses come to mind:
1. Making a huge combat monster your general and buffing it further. Common abuse that comes to mind is a Mournghoul or Necrosphinx with Red Fury.
2. Making the leader of a huge horde unit your general. Not uncommon in Destruction Kunnin Rukk lists. All the does is use Inspiring Presence and Bellowing Tyrant. Something like Bellowing Tyrant normally only required ~7-16 wounds to deal with, putting it in a group of 40 orruks with 2w each starts to feel abusive because it takes counterplay away from the opponent.

The change to shooting heroes should help keep your general alive.

I don't think these things are necessarily imbalanced but it hamstrings future warscroll and can lead to balancing problems. Any time they add a Death unit they have to think "what if they pick Red Fury with this unit?".

I should note that this is just for Matched Play. The Leader designation doesn't exist outside of Matched Play, of course.
>>
>>53492236

It's a start, but just to get to 1000 points you're going to need another 20 Gors and a Beastlord on top of it.
>>
>>53492197

Don't think there is an Age of Sigmar Skirmish FAQ out yet. This is how we read it, and it makes sense to us.
>>
Freeguild skirmish list: (30pts as per flgs)

Gunmaster w/ longrifle

3 handgunners + 1 marksman w/ longrifle

3 freeguild guild guard (2 sword+shield, 1 halberd-champion.)

Also, are standard bearers or musicians mentioned anywhere? In Skirmish? I feel like the loss of 'stand and shoot' really messes with handgunners if they lose such an ability.
>>
>>53492467
>Something like Bellowing Tyrant normally only required ~7-16 wounds to deal with, putting it in a group of 40 orruks with 2w each starts to feel abusive because it takes counterplay away from the opponent.

But the change to ranged weapons would then make this point moot, considering the general is just inside the blob, giving you less counterplay anyway. For some armies, like IronJawz, they acutally need Inspiring Presence on their Brute blobs.

Then again, it could just be a bigger buff that the Mega Boss could now just sit in the middle of a blob and give no fucks. :^]

When was the last time you saw a Mournghul or Necrosphinx general in the top 8 of a tourney? It's a corner case, but if your list doesn't have the tools to deal with it, maybe it's not a good list.
>>
>>53492708
>But the change to ranged weapons would then make this point moot, considering the general is just inside the blob, giving you less counterplay anyway
I wouldn't say "moot". You can still shoot while you're within 12". You can also perform flanking maneuvers.

>Then again, it could just be a bigger buff that the Mega Boss could now just sit in the middle of a blob and give no fucks. :^]
You're spending points on a model that is dedicated to babysit that unit, rather than just getting a free model to use command traits that you must burn through 80 wounds to kill.
It's a significant difference.

>When was the last time you saw a Mournghul or Necrosphinx general in the top 8 of a tourney?
Like I said I don't consider it to be necessarily overpowered, but I do view it as a problem going forward.

They have to be very careful in designing any future warscrolls and command traits because any model can be a general. I would rather see command traits be exclusive to generals so they can design fun and powerful units without worrying about breaking the game.
>>
>>53492790
Any model that is getting declared a general is going to hug that general anyway. All it does is convolute movement and instill more taxes on hoard armies who are barely hanging on anyway.

Anything that discourages hero sniping is great, though. Even with the lack of making blobs generals, it would still be a buff to most armies if Heroes had some form of pillow casing inside of a blob.
>>
Skirmish rules:

If I take a Packmaster as a Hero, would his "Packmaster" ability be useless? If I read the rules correctly there is no use for Bravery for units that are not your General.
(AoS newbie new entry)
>>
>Tzaangor Shamans, Bloodsecretors, Gaunt Summoners, and Savage Big Bosses need to be unkillable for balance reasons.

This sounds like completely well thought out idea.
>>
>>53494275
A lot of abilities are useless in skirmish
>>
>>53494502
So, confirmed...
Ty
>>
>>53477329
I want maximum breadth when all the supplements are released.

I want to be a human adventurer trying to survive Ghur with a new found colony as my hub base.

I want to be a Kharadron high above the Azyr Winterlands with a custom made skyship looting Grot's I captured in glorious combat.

I want to be a Chaos champion of Nurgle corrupting trees and shit in Ghyran, or a Slaaneshite looking for my god between bouts of orgies.

I want to be an Orruk champion lootin' and smashin' for Gorkamorka.

I want to be a Vampire torn between serving nagash or succumbing to my own ambition.
>>
>>53495443
I wanna be a Sigmar cultist in a chaos controlled land!
>>
>>53495857
I want to be a Stormcast scared as fuck of his own degenerating memories and loss of his past life.

I imagine Celestial Warbringers and Anvils of the Heldenhammer experience that the hardest, poor guys.
>>
>>53495443
I want to be a necromancer clawing up his way up to the ranks of the Mortarchy.

I want to be a stormcast hunting and prowling the winterlands in search of his lost tribe and the duty to avenge their deaths in a violent and overly gruesome fashion.
>>
>>53495443
I want to be a tribal warrior in a mad-maxian hellscape in the Realm of Fire waging a guerilla war on Chaos.
>>
>>53495443
I want to explore the Star-scorched deserts of Azyr cleansing the last vestiges of Chaos from the realm before the launch of the Realmgate Wars.
>>
I'm not sure if I should take a Warlord or a Warlock Engineer as a general for my 25 renown warband. Warlord seems to be a decent pick because of its attacks but with Warlock I will not skip a magic phase. The rest of the warband will be 5 clanrats so it's all about general now
>>
File: 123.jpg (90KB, 694x530px)
123.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>
>>53496427
You've had plenty of Aelves. Just not new super elves. Why do you care? GW doesn't. The fact they're happy to shit on Marines and do it ugly models makes it worse.
>>
>>53492159

I like having fun fluffy battles, I like winning too, but it isn't everything, plus I do really enjoy the hobby aspect of it and just staring at the painted models.

I mean a gor heavy list with some chaos warrior back-up couldn't be completely horrible, right?
>>
>>53496427
you got two new ælvs in silver tower :^)
>>
>>53497077
>You've had plenty of Aelves.
none in AOS, no fluff/lore or anything to tie them to the universe and give them a sense of place... you know, for "forging the narrative"...

>Just not new super elves
not sure what you meant by this.

>Why do you care?
because I like the aelves

>GW doesn't
(citation needed)

>The fact they're happy to shit on Marines and do it ugly models makes it worse.
I actually like the chad marines and am splitting a starter box with my buddy who wants to run the nurgle half.
>>
>>53497208
>anything to tie them to the universe and give them a sense of place
Spire of Dawn - just a single story but it's still something
>>
>>53497208
All the old Elves have rules and fluff. They're just not SUPER GODMARIS AELVES. And I didn't mean specifically that GW doesn't like Aelves, just that GW will happily shit on things that people like... MAKING YOU NOT LIKE THEM.

How can you like Aelves if the thing that makes them the Aelves is changed? That they become SUPER SHADOW GOD AELVES OR LIGHT AELVES OR PHONIEXIANIAN AELVES or whatever. Chad Marines have not only shat on the setting, but shat on existing players and the armies they have.

>b-b-ut you can still use old ones

And? So? I could understand this... If the models weren't dogshit. Who thought sticking giant turbines on a Centurion and giving him two pistols with gunshields looked good?

GW doesn't care that you might like things. Just be happy they've not shat on things you like. Sigmarines were at least new and could be ignored. Chad Marines are worse.
>>
>>53497272
>be grateful for a shitty repack of the old base game box set for whfb

thanks but no
>>
>>53497353

calm down you fucking sperg.

nobodies hurting your god damn lore, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they're shitting on it.

Plus, how is GW releasing chad marines "shitting on players armies" when they're literally a brand new unit? It's not like it makes regular marines useless, Primaris are just to be used as a complimentary/backup force to your army, just as in fluff
>>
hmm O got metal Tyrion mini on big square base with dead dark elf- for how much i can sell this guy ?
>>
>>53497457
>brand new unit

Oh. So you don't know what you're talking about. That's fine. I never expect /tg/ to read anyway.
>>
>>53497402
>be grateful
I didn't said "be grateful". You said that there is "no fluff/lore or anything" and I pointed that you are wrong - that's everything. If you feel this salty about gw decisions just go to fantasy general

t. non-pestilens skaven player
>>
>>53497457
not him but GW have confirmed the Primaris Marines have exclusive Chapters. Furthermore, GW killed off 95% of all Blood Angels and successors and replaced them with Primaris Marines. They aren't a 'new unit'. They're replacing the old stuff.
>>
>>53497534
Looks like he's just a retard anyway lad.
>>
>>53497539
>the Primaris Marines have exclusive Chapters
Yes, and old chapters are mostly still alive. You are not the only 40k player here, you know?
>>
>>53497564
Mostly? Space Wolves are basically dead after Warzone Fenris. Blood Angels get a few boxes in 8th edition which explains them and their successors are killed off and replaced when Girlyman saves them. They're very fucking clearly being used as a eventual replacement and your belief that they're 'just a new unit' is literally so delusional I dunno if you're baiting or not.
>>
>>53497633
You can still use your old models and have rules for them so I don't see any problem here. It's just a new GW product you can use or not. I don't give a fuck about lore as long as I can field my dudes and make my own story if needed
>>
>>53497564
>Girlyman makes new Marines with the ultimate goal of them being a 'new unit for Chapters'

Lol, that doesn't even work in setting. Why would he make shit and then go "these are so much better, but we'll only give you 30 of them".
>>
>>53497202
I've played three games with Beastmen so far, and won 2/3.

Game 1
10 Ungor Raiders, 10 Gors w/2 weapons, Morghur, Malagor, Beastlord, Bray-Shaman, Ghorgon. Enemy had 1 Stonehorn and 1 Thundertusk. Won that one BARELY. Literally came down to the last comabt on my turn, the Ghorgon managed to kill the Stonehorn. If he hadn't, Stonehorn would've killed him on the retaliate and I would've lost.
Game 2
3x10 Gors (20 w/shields, 10 w/2 weaps), 10 Ungors, 10 Ungor Raiders, 10 Bestigors, 5 Centigors, 1 Beastlord, Malagor, 2 Bray-Shamans. Opponent had Celestant-Prime, Knight-Venator, Lord on Dracoth, 5 Retributors, 5 Liberators, 5 Judicators. Got killed hard, Rets completely wiped my Bestigors with no damage, and everything else was just too squishy. Malagor Viletiding/Arcane Bolting the Venator off the board was hilarious though.
Game 3
Pretty much the same setup on my end, switched out one Bray-shaman to run the Furious Brayherd formation. Opponent had 1 Ghoul King, 20 Skellies w/Swords, 3 Morghast Harbingers, 5 Black Knights and 5 Hexwraiths. Oh and 10 Crypt Ghouls. I had to run towards the end but a friend finished it for me and won. It was already pretty clear I was going to win imo even before I had to leave. It seemed to me like the battalion made a huge difference. Didn't overlap my heroes very much, but even just the 2 8" bubbles of +1 attack made a big difference. Bestigors ran in and wiped his hero before getting killed by Morghasts, and being able to run ~15-16" and charge on the first turn meant denying his cav any of their charge bonuses.
TL;DR I think Brayherds are fun but glass cannony as hell. You'll either completely overrun your opponent, or bounce off and die horribly. Also lack of Rend and MW is kinda hindering.
>>
>>53497703
Then what's the problem with no new Aelves releases? Thanks for walking into my trap. You're a retard. This is the stage where you go "b-b-aited! G-got you!"
>>
>>53497202
Depends on your local meta, my dude.

If you're all having fun with fluffy lists more power to you.

If everyone is playing Hurricanums and Skyfire spam and the like, find another place or ask them to tone it down.
>>
>>53497748
I'm not the aelves player you idiot - I'm this anon >>53497272
>>53497534
>>
>>53497748
Not him, but no new rules no new models that could add something cool to the armies like a new lord, all i want is some bettertombs for my DE or maybe some new rules that allows HE and DE mixing
>>
>>53497805
No you're not, those are me.
>>
File: wut.png (12KB, 481x291px)
wut.png
12KB, 481x291px
>>53497848
What kind of meta-baiter you are?
>>
>>53496307
ive been wondering this, is the hero taken out of your starting points?

as the recommended 25 points for campaign allows you to at best, buy a hero and four regulars.
>>
>>53497940
as far as we can tell yes, so for my stormcast i can take a lord relictor and 2 libs for 25 renown
>>
File: 1495328680735.gif (1MB, 366x272px)
1495328680735.gif
1MB, 366x272px
>>53497353
>SUPER GODMARIS AELVES
>SUPER SHADOW GOD AELVES

if you think people wouldn't come out of the woodwork to buy these things then you're being silly.
>>
File: Skaven_Civil_War.png (2MB, 976x884px)
Skaven_Civil_War.png
2MB, 976x884px
>decide to pick up some cheap pestilens skaven
>oh they're allied with nurgle, might pick up some big fatso to use with my piss-poor plague monks
>oh since i lose my pestilens allegiance i have to use multiple units of plaguebearers in matched play, removing the whole point of having lots of plague monks

Why the fuck is this a thing in the rules? There's absolutely no advantage being forced to use certain shitty units for battleline. Having lots of plague monks or plaguebearers doesn't matter, why limit players in matched play like this?
>>
>>53496015

Wonder how you could mechanically portray that? Like, Certain skills come with your character based on your backstory, kinda like the Rogue Trader origin track, but they're exclusively from that. Maybe as the campaign goes on, and you get reforged, you lose certain skills or abilities at random? Once they're gone then it's like an actual PC Death and you gotta retire him.
>>
File: IMG_2427.jpg (2MB, 3724x2096px)
IMG_2427.jpg
2MB, 3724x2096px
Hey guys, i Want to Play the Kharadron together with the Fyreslayers. I think about something like slayers going melee all the Time and combine that with the ranged weapons of the Overlords, Here is the List:

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
Endrinmaster (140)
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (320)
Battlesmith (100)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
5 x Vulkite Berzerkers (80)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (100)
- Broadaxes
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runefather General)

Units
5 x Grundstok Thunderers (100)

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)

Total: 1460/2000

What should i take for the 540 points?

Pic related
>>
>>53498051

That seems to be literally the only option for stormcasts if you stick to 25 points, right? Or, take a bird instead of a Lib, lol.
>>
I hadn't keep track of Stormcast Eternals since their first big release. With v2.0 of their battletome is Start Collecting + SCE half of starter set still a good way to build a decent 1000 points army?
>>
>>53499000
The warscrolls of the points of them didnt changed, as far as i know, so yes. This Book just took all actual stormcast releases together
>>
>>53498186
If you wanna play Skaven, you pretty much have to go clan skyre to be competitive. I agree, it sucks, I was originally going to go plague monk but then i noticed they don't seem to synergize well with many things.
>>
>>53499225

Yeah, and i do have a bunch of stormfiends and cannons and a thanquol and all that, but it's just PISS-BAD that i have to fuck up my entire army just by adding something that could make them viable. Why the fuck do i have to use plaguebringers as battleline when all my units have the nurgle keyword? Why the fuck don't plague monks suffice? The planning is so piss-poor and it's obvious that the ones who wrote the handbook have never played these factions at all.
>>
>>53498901
Some kind of degeneration table you can roll on. We know the end result of multiple reforging (No knowledge or memories save your own (given) name, Sigmar's, and how to kill shit), so really what needs to be represented is the progression to that.

So an option to lose a skill would be on the table, a drop in intelligence too.
>>
>>53491905
If you took 1-4, then none can be upgraded. If you took 5, one can. If you took 6-9, still one, if you took 10, 2 upgraded.
>>
>>53499000
It's not the best army in the world but it's not bad either. A good starter army.
>>
>>53476824

OKAY! SO! my FLGS is throwing an AoS Skirmish tournament. I have NEVER been into tournaments, and thought "what the hell" like why not?

The limit to the renown available is 50 and I am going with Freeguild. Could anyone tell me if I've got this down correctly?

General (20r each) x1
Handgunner (2r each) 10 x5
Guard (2r each) 10 x5
Pistolier (5r each) 10 x2

Gonna be fun, these models haven't seen action in over a decade.
>>
Can someone please Upload the skirmish PDF or the renown costs of the Kharadron Overlords?
>>
>>53500015
See >>53488733
>>
>>53494284
What is this about?
>>
>>53500059
Thanks! Only saw the broken link at the beginning of this thread
>>
>>53490497
If ability stacking is gone then certain abilities need to be buffed to compensate.
>>
>>53500357
Which abilities do you have in mind?
>>
With liberators should I build one with a special weapon or all of them with shields? Also blades or hammers?
>>
>>53500446
Always take the special weapon, and always on the Prime

Hammers are slightly better with +hit buffs but blades can be used in the Celestial Vindicators battalion

Just model whatever you looks coolest and tell your opponent which rule set youre using, nobody will care if theyre hammers or swords
>>
>>53500776
TY
>>
>>53496307
Bump this. I don't think there is any other way to build a 25 renown list by using SoD models
>>
File: HANDGUNNER.jpg (32KB, 563x845px)
HANDGUNNER.jpg
32KB, 563x845px
>>53499897

Anyone? I'm kinda new to listbuilding in-general lol. Since I got into the hobby 15 or 16 years ago I've mostly been into the lore and the painting/modeling aspects.

I just wanna krump shit for Sigmar as an ordinary dude with a handgun.
>>
>>53501261

(and yea I know my painting is pretty shitty, first models painted after 10 years out of the hobby lmao I'll get better with time)
>>
>>53500445
bloodsecrator, slaughterpriest blood blessings, hellstriders, bloodstoker are some straight up examples, since as they are not wizards they lack any similar limiter, but their stacking is what even makes khorne viable.
>>
File: Finished-Skink5.jpg (375KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
Finished-Skink5.jpg
375KB, 600x802px
The Rule of One says that you can't use the same spell twice in a hero phase, but what about abilities? I was thinking of getting another Skink Priest or Starpriest for a second Serpent Staff/Celestial Rites, but can I use their ability twice in one turn? My initial thought was that I could but I'd prefer to ask just in case.
>>
File: IMG_5282.jpg (79KB, 720x552px)
IMG_5282.jpg
79KB, 720x552px
>>53499312
>thanquol
If you use him, you need a ton of clanrats for battleline, since fiends are skryre only
>>
File: IMG_7015.png (26KB, 884x309px)
IMG_7015.png
26KB, 884x309px
>>53498186
Nigga I own nothing but pestilens (2k points), since vermintide introduced me to WH right when gw pushed pestilens. In the past year, I've only gotten games against beastclaw/gobbo lists and sylvaneth lists. I haven't won a single game since I started.

>well at least you can use your plague rats in skirmish
Only priests and monks are permitted. Total bullshit that we have no variety.

I still like the plague rats fluff, but gw had better fukkin make them good in the nurgle battletome, otherwise I'm just gonna keep up with emperors children/slaanesh for 40k
>>
>>53499312
Plague monks as pestilins only battleline hurts them the worst out of any flavor of mixed list. Its lame but I think there's still a list in there somewhere.

Plague Furnace (220)
Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)
Great Unclean One (240)
The Glottkin (480)
20 x Plague Monks (140)
20 x Plague Monks (140)
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (300)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
Congregation of Filth (60)
2000/2000

Maybe it needs more monks or something.
>>
>>53501564
Clawback is better, at least in my pure pestilens list experience
>>
>>53501371
rule of one is only spells not abilities.
>>
File: 1493059993347.jpg (31KB, 493x373px)
1493059993347.jpg
31KB, 493x373px
>>53501597
I thought so, but thanks.
>>
>>53501306
Everything you mentioned is fine as a 1-of

>khorne
>viable
kek
>>
>>53498051
sheeeit...how do yo even run half the lists at 25 points, some forces don't have a hero under 20 points,
>>
>>53501017
Yeah, 25 is just way too small, when I first read that I couldn't believe it.
>>
File: 1495934564919.jpg (67KB, 528x960px)
1495934564919.jpg
67KB, 528x960px
Does this mean Bretonnia maybe coming back?
>>
>>53501987
it's easy - you just have to make up a GA based warband instead of faction based one
>>
>>53502116
they should bring back 'lesser' heroes...I miss empire captain, dwarf thanes, aspiring champions and the like...
>>
>>53502101
isn't this pic something like year old for now?
>>
File: sasdfas.jpg (154KB, 1130x557px)
sasdfas.jpg
154KB, 1130x557px
>>53502101

Hey GW, who knew that updating an old army and making it GOOD would actually INCREASE people's interest and demand for it

A few months ago I saw a Green Knight NIB going for $80 on Ebay
>>
>>53501903
Just cause you hate a faction doesn't mean it should get the shaft
>>
>>53499897
>>53501261
How are they all going to be armed?

Specifically the Guard I guess, but the Handgunners unit champion can have special weapons to cant they?
>>
thinking about this skirmish thing and was wondering if you take a model from a type of unit can that model be a leader type of that unit type? for example it says here you can take musicians and banner guys but no mention of leaders.

I assume that means no leader types allowed correct?
>>
>>53503884
1 per warscroll, read the part about composition and requirements
>>
File: answered.png (48KB, 346x192px) Image search: [Google]
answered.png
48KB, 346x192px
>>53503979
cool

encourages diversity of unit types since unit champs are packing significantly more value per point than their standard counterparts.
>>
>>53477046
never stop the fight
>>
>>53498990
Yeah some other anon said they started there campaign with 35 and that opens it a lot more and im going to suggest it to the guy who runs my GW
>>
>>53502907
I have no idea, I only saw it since this last Warhammer Fest,thought it was from that.
>>
>>53476824
>Skirmish ePub
>https://mega.nz/#!qZwElBQQ!_8IUfx_Mqie55febS-PSIwmB4T3_YVJF9QIX7Fp3mpM

Seems to be removed.
>>
>>53504607
Yo yo. Said anon here.

Yeah 35 is such a better place. Everyone had only 3 or 4 models. We had tzeentch, nurgle, stormcast, orks, and flesheater. The guys running it (at our warhammer shop) are giving 1 or 2 extra points to start with if you buy a hero or box of units. That's how I started with Venator and 2 hunters.

We're going to transition our skirmish league to a path to glory campaign, too. I'm super stoked.
>>
Are y'all ready for this?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Relictor (80)
- General
- Artefact: Luckstone
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (640)

Total: 1000/1000

Looks innocent, right? Kinda wimpy?

So those raptors are hurling 108 shots, 4+/4+ (6 normally, 9 when they stand still). What you do with that is give them Bless Weapons, which is that a roll of 6 to hit give a you one more attack, yeah? So once that goes off, you send those mofos flying 24" wherever to light some poor motherfuckers up. Lightning Chariot dictates that you can't move. Well guess what? Raptors are the only unit who don't want to move.

This can be an extremely effective alpha strike that lets you deepstrike your liberators in afterwards, too. The reason we don't deepstrike the raptors and relictors is because needing 3+ for all three is too unreliable. Additionally, it skips your hero phase, which is when sigmar is listenin'.

Relictors are used because they're cheap af priests, plain and simple. We only need them for their prayers. The luck stone is there to make sure that prayer goes off. I'm trying to decide which prayer is more important; I actually think it's chariot.
>>
Nope. That's right out of the compendium. It's literally the most vague scrap of fluff they came up with to let you use your WFB models in AoS.
>>
Are elves coming out next?
>>
>>53507703
God I hope not, the few weeks after the reveal will be unbearable due to Aelf fans sperging out
>>
Was just about to give AoS a try since I have a vampire army of old, and figured the investment was already made.

Should I wait for GHB 2.0 (asuming it's coming out soon-ish) before getting the last bits painted?
>>
Any chance to see new models for skaven coming soon?
Decent rat ogres? New plague monks? New globadiers?

Forgive me, I haven't learnt the new names yet
>>
>>53508019
Might as well get it over with then. Since they will get a release eventually.
>>
Is Strength in number (clanrats) applicable in Skirmish?

Oh, and BTW, I saw that a lot of you guys play skaven. I'm an old time collector approaching to AoS, how the heck can you play with a lot of rats without movement trays?
>>
>>53509225
I use movement trays for hordes until the charge phase.

But i think in aos, people tend to use less fodder infantry all round and skaven armies seem to center more around stormfiends / stormvermin / and weapons teams
>>
Hey I'm new to wargaming & Warhammer in general,

I got the Skaven half of the Spire of Dawn box & swapped the packmaster & rat ogors for a Ratling gun & 20 Stormvermin with Verminus Clawpack batallion.

Then instead of expanding that army I got bored of rats and bought a Start Collecting! Malignants box because ghosts look cool and I'm an idiot.

Then I was told that some people don't like playing against battalions that aren't in the general's handbook (ruling out The Spirits of Fellblood from the Start Collecting! Malignants box)

So I'm a bit lost, I feel like I shot myself in the foot by not just collecting one of the armies with it's own army book that's more well established in the new Age of Sigmar stuff.
>>
>>53508813
What does the GBH have to do with you painting your miniatures?
>>
>>53509724
What have you got painted?
>>
>>53510148
KO Skyports sets a precedent for paint scheme determining special rules
>>
>>53510164
All the other battletomes have set a precedent for point values.

1 thing happening once, doesn't really set a precedent imo. And otherwise it's a slippery slope fallacy.
>>
>>53510153
Well I painted all the Skaven stuff, I haven't painted the Malignant stuff yet. I was told that since the Verminus Clawpack is a compendium batallion that it isn't known how long it'll last in the future versions of the General's Handbook.

I also think I got turned off it because to expand my Verminus Skaven from 1k to 2k I'd need a lot more models on the table, and I'm intimidated by keeping up with all of those units & models when I'm new to the hobby.

So I bought the Malignants box because they look cool & have less models on the table in general than Skaven. But then they don't have their own battletome so I don't know if I'm just being an idiot.
>>
>>53510207
I wouldn't worry too much about Battletomes and their likes. What might be a good idea is to make sure your Skaven Force is a healthy 1k points with different options. Get a few different units, since there is no reason to remain mono Verminus anyway.

Just make cool Grand Alliance forces, play some games with cool people and try to enjoy your growing armies instead of being overly worried about GWs update schedule.
>>
>>53510249
Ah it's not actually completely Verminus, but since Verminus main battleline, Clanrats, is universal it doesn't really matter. It's uh:

Allegiance: Chaos
Warlock Engineer (100)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Warpforged Blade
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Blade
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Stormvermin (280)
- Halberd
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80)
Verminus Clawpack (80)

Total: 1000

Warlock is General because the Warlord gets to use his command ability when he's not General due to Verminus Clawpack, so it's just an extra Inspiring Presence. I think I get 2 artefacts because you get an extra for having a battalion.
>>
>>53509691
Yeah, I understand that AoS focuses on fewer and stronger weapon... The problem is that I drown in clanrats :)
Maybe I could use them as a blob and don't give a fuck about "order on the table"...
>>
>>53510342
Played any games with it? Looks like a fun list.
>>
>>53477004

There's already a /tg/ discord. 100+ people.

>https://discord.gg/N4TTKCc
>>
File: Skaven2000.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven2000.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
>>53510381
It's a pretty good list without being too over the top. Basically a cut down version of what I run.

Just ram 60 battleshock immune Clanrats down their throat while everything else shits mortal wounds at them. Plus a nice unit of Stormvermin to plug a gap/push through.
>>
>>53510381

I went to GW and they paired me with another new guy, but he didn't have a whole 1k so my army lost all it's synergy (we didn't use allegiance buffs or anything to keep it simple)

He had Ironjawz and their decent bravery and saves against my 0 synergy Skaven. I actually got close to winning but the battleshock fucked me in the arse.

felt like I spent so long measuring and moving models and that was just a small battle. It was really fun though.
>>
>>53510496
Hey, nice list. I'm running something similar & i'm using the arch warlock / ikit Claw instead of grey seer. Better magic (double cast + good spell), better amor & stats.

Why the grey seer can cast 1 spell/turn ? this is a bit strange lorewise ...
>>
So some more news, second hand info of course, from WHF: that there's going to be a dedicated AoS Forge World team in the same way as there is for LotR. This suggests that we may see a slight speed increase in what gets released/designed for AoS by them
>>
>>53510704
Hmm I suppose I could sub out the Grey Seer for an Arch Warlock but then I'd be 20 points over.

Can Warlord Spinetail be used in the Verminus Clawpack? I'm guessing not as it specifies "Skaven Warlord" and it isn't in bold so it's referring to the model as opposed to the keyword.
>>
>>53506104
>relictor with a luckstone
Luckstone only works on hit, wound, save, and damage rolls
I hope you're not planning on using it for Thunderstorm damage or a Prayer
>>
>>53510164
1. Nobody cares about that rule
2. That's a battletome, not the GHB. Do you think the GHB will have rules about painting old vampire models? Think, man.
>>
>>53510925
You could cut 10 clanrats, using the remaining ones as wound reserve for weapons. Then upgrade one or 2 flamers to ratling gun (they work so well against low armor units & receive a nice buff when enemy get too close).
>>
>>53510735
Can't wait for more Khorne stuff!
>>
>>53510704
Grey Seer gets a command ability instead of a spell, that is probably the idea.
>>
Any news on Death getting some love soon?
>>
>>53511159
Yeah, & a pretty good one for big games. But i'm bothered with the fact that they are not the master of magic as they were before.
>>
File: KFxt3KX.jpg (62KB, 600x620px)
KFxt3KX.jpg
62KB, 600x620px
what house rules do you play with
>>
>>53511352
base to base
>>
>tfw copped 40 Gnobblars and two boxes of OOP Trappers for $40AUS

Time to make Airships; making Grotbag Scuttlers
>>
>>53510988
Balls! You're right. Ah well.
>>
>>53509225
Upped because of the first first question got unanswered
>>
>model to model measuring
Give me one reason why this is an acceptable rule.
>It can be house ruled away
Isn't an answer.
>>
>>53512738
>Give me one reason why this is an acceptable rule.
Because some people use non-standard bases

Also gives a new dimension to using flying and shooting units
>>
>>53510735
Can I get a sauce? Because god damn I just want a chaos dorf Battletome
>>
>>53512825

It's what I've been told from a guy who went to warhammer fest. Take it with plenty of salt, maybe spend a second in T9A to get enough.
>>
>>53512738
Range on behemoths
If you have a warrior under my Carnosaur's tail but not in base to base why can't he just reach up with his fuckoff huge axe and have a go?
>>
File: 33859187.jpg (42KB, 310x475px)
33859187.jpg
42KB, 310x475px
Anyone know where I can get an epub or pdf of 'city of secrets'?
>>
>>53506104
This sounds like it's straight worse than Kunnin Rukk with 40 arrowboyz, which gives 240 shots a turn at 4/4/-/1 and extra attacks from 5+ (with bellowing tyrant/savage big boss)

It also costs less (400 for the arrowboyz, 640 for the hurricanes) and has 40 wounds compared to 24.

I'm not saying that it's bad mind you, just that Rukk seems to outclass it slightly. There may be various advantages but I'm just not seeing them.
>>
>>53513264
True enough. I agree that it is less efficient and more fragile. However I wasn't seeking out "how many shots can I get?" It's more that I noticed it could be a strong, stupid combo. At some point you're hitting the law of diminishing returns with how impressive the number of shots you get is lol. 108 is still a bucket of dice.

For me this was more that I'm building a vanguard and friends only force. I didn't know about the orks silliness.

One advantage is their ability to be dropped 24" anywhere with lightning chariot and can shoot from 18" away. I don't know the pro stats or what trickery they have, though. Do they have similar stuff?
>>
>>53513139
I found the Brit
>>
>>53498924
Highlight that engineer damn You!
Then your models are pretty good anon. List I can't help you with.
>>
>>53498924
MOAR thunderers. The chemist dude to buff them. Consider more berzerkers as well.. 5 one wound models will not last very long, save after save or not.
>>
>>53513264
It's not strictly worse
Longstrikes have longer range, better rend, better mobility, and mortal wounds.

Kunnin Rukk will usually do more damage but it's also easier to utterly shut down with hit debuffs from units like protectors, tempestors, etc.

You also dont need to roll hundreds of dice every game. That shit is annoying.
>>
Hey new guy again, does anyone know the point cost for The Spirits of Fellblood batallion?

I have googled it and can't find anything except someone saying if it has no point cost in the general's handbook then you can't use it, but it comes with the Start Collecting: Malignants box so I thought it'd be valid.
>>
Why should I take more than minimum for any unit? lots of tiny units seems more versatile in every way. I'm looking at Phoenix temple if that makes any difference.
>>
>>53513713
Some units gain bonuses for having more models in the unit. Also if say one of your heroes buffs 1 unit with a spell, say an extra attack for the unit, then a unit of 15 would benefit more than a unit of 5.
>>
>>53513619
None of the start collecting box battalions are legal in matched play

If you want to use that battalion then talk to your opponent before the game and 99% of the time theyll say its fine
>>
>>53513571
But we're talking hurricanes, not longstrikes. My hurricanes don't have rend nor mortal wounds.

But one advantage is that you can't unbind a prayer if, for some reason, you're close enough to unbind anyways. I imagine the ork buffs are spells.
>>
File: 1484987508678.gif (2MB, 480x270px)
1484987508678.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>tfw no new AoS in months because of this 8th spess murheens wankfest
>>
>>53513264
Another advatange is model count. If youre playing on a clock it takes significantly less time for me to move 12 models compared to 40 boyz.
>>
>>53513932
Oh, i misread

Yeah hurricanes are ass
>>
back after a years break, just got the DoT book, is this a viable list?

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Archaon (700)
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
Lord Of Chaos (100)
- General
- Trait: Illusionist
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- War flails
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- War flails
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- War flails
Fatesworn Warband (120)

>>
So about that AoS rpg
I come from 40k and I want to know what kind of rpg it was
Is it pen&paper ?
Is it with miniature ?
>>
>>53514510
>a tzeench list that isn't 100% skyfire tourney bullshit

Hmm
>>
>>53513960
Movement trays exist
>>
>>53514442
Could be fun in skirmish heh.
>>
Is sigmarite supposed to be lighter than other equivalent metals?

>>53515176
pen and paper.

minis are optional.
>>
So I'm trying to decide how I want to fill out my stormcast skirmish list. My local shop is using 35 renown to start.

So far I'm taking the Lord Castellant as the leader and a Judicator Prime with Shockbolt bow. I'm trying to decide between having a Retributor Prime with Lightning hammer, regular Retributor with Starsoul mace and two Liberators, one being prime, both with warhammer and shield.

If I go retributor, the ret with hammer averages 3 damage with -1 rend while the mace does flat D3 mortal wounds.

The damage output of the liberators is less. The prime and non-prime average 1 and .667 damage, respectively, but in return I get one more collective wound, an extra inch of movement, and the ability reroll saves of 1.

Thoughts? Pic semi-related
>>
>>53513157
Everything's here:
https://mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA
>>
>>53517309
If you want to break the game then use a Celestant or Azyros, they are both ridiculous in skirmish
>>
Old WHFB Vampire Counts player here, looking to get into AoS. Could carry over Death army, looks reasonably well translated to the new system but kinda bored with it. Sylvaneth models are gorgeously tempting.

So help me Anons, is AoS worth investing in with a new army? Should said army be Sylvaneth? Pros/cons please?
>>
>>53518716
>So help me Anons, is AoS worth investing in with a new army?
>investing
lolwut

Its a hobby. You dont invest in a hobby, you waste money on a hobby.

Whether that waste of money is worth it or not is a personal decision. Do you like the models? Do you like the game? Do you have the time to paint or just play?

>Should said army be Sylvaneth? Pros/cons please?
They're slow but hit hard and have good defensive magic. They have good physical saves and can reroll their saves, but lack defense against mortal wounds.

You need to spend a lot of money on tree scenery to get the most out of the army.
>>
>>53518716
I'm converting my 6th ed VC to AoS. Round bases look really good but are a lot of work. Also they seem to suck pretty hard. If you have a lot of ghouls, the flesheaters are decent and also look nice.
Investing in one of the new armies is well worth it, if you like the models. Sylvaneth are one of the better armies, but keep in mind that you need to buy some woods ( multiple packs of 3 woods, dunno exactly how many), as you can summon them. Which is fun, but expensive. There are no other cons, as they are strong, fun and look nice.
Also afaik the new GHB will be released this year, so the meta will change to some degree.
>>
>>53519559
>>53519635
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
>>
Stupid question from someone that is just starting- is the sheer number of mortal-wound generating models in Stormcast not make them OP? I really don't see any weak points.
>>
>>53519866
They're stupidly slow.
>>
Hey guys, i Want to Play the Kharadron together with the Fyreslayers. I think about something like slayers going melee all the Time and combine that with the ranged weapons of the Overlords, Here is the List:

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
Endrinmaster (140)
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (320)
Battlesmith (100)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (100)
- Broadaxes
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runefather General)

Units
5 x Grundstok Thunderers (100)

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)

Total: 1460/2000

What should i take for the 540 points?
>>
>>53519926
is that enough to balance them in your usual match play game?
>>
Skirmish 35 renown:
Herald of Nurgel
Plaguebearer
Bullgor
OR
Herald of Nurgle
2xPlaguebearer
Chaos Spawn
>>
Anyone ever played acheron? How good is he?
>>
File: orruks.png (520KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
orruks.png
520KB, 640x417px
How is the Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband?
Skirmish is making me interested in AoS.
>>
>>53520130
So long as your dumb ass doesn't wander into their killbox. Ranged Stormcast will form a killing field and trudge up the board. Anything in the box they want dead is fucked. So don't get in the box and flank them, focus on objectives and be aware that even their battleline are stubborn asses to shift off an objective
Choppy Stormcast is far easier to beat in objectives but good god don't let them get the charge on you
>>
>>53518183
Venator is worse
>>
>>53519559
>>53519762

>They're slow but hit hard and have good defensive magic
If you are going to point out they are slow, you should at least mention their army-wise teleportation ability that they have to make up for it.
>>
>>53521306
Anon is right, and I'm about to try and make it worse.

A unit of 12 hurricane raptors vomitting 108 shots from 18", +1 shot per 6 rolled, with a 24" teleport. Contingent on the priests getting their prayers of course. But you've still got two units of [5] liberators to deal with. And that's just 1000 pts. At higher levels you throw in other support pieces like the hammerstike force, the lord aquilor with rangers, and a knight Venator with luck stone
>>
On the topic of Stormcast Eternals

Skirmish 50 Renown

Lord Celestant
Liberator Prime (Hammer and shield)
Liberator (hammer and shield)
Retributor Prime (hammer)
Prosecutor Prime with celestial hammers
Prosecutor with celestial hammers

I feel like the model and wound count is ass but if everything stays in a bubble around the lord they could wreck house
>>
>>53523535
Played against someone who used the knight questor.. this guy is a fucking hard to kill Tank
>>
Sylvaneth in skirmish sound like they'll be pretty fun, anyone had a chance to use them yet?
I'm thinking lots of both kinds of revenants. I just wish there was a cheaper character
>>
>>53523677
Questor is a madman in skirmish with his Re-rolling 3+ and bonus damage on 6s with 4/3+/3+/-1/1 attacks
I plan to get one but only have start collecting models for now
>>
>>53520042

Cut the magmadroth. He doesent do much here.

Taking berzerkers in groups of 5 makes me cry blood. Fyreslayers work best as a horde style army with large single groups of units. Thunderers get better the more of them you have.

Honestly theres not a whole lot to like with your list. I tried to keep as much as I could but this is what I would do instead.

Arkanaut Admiral (140)
Endrinmaster (140)
Battlesmith (100)
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (320)
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
20 x Grundstok Thunderers (400)
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
Grundstok Gunhauler (220)

>>
>>53520618
not bad but be advised its much bigger points wise than the 25 point suggested for campaigns.
>>
>>53523915
I tought that it would be a good idea to put the Slayer in the Front to get my shooty Overlords in Save distance and using the frigate to keep them on good a good Position. Should i Take dispossesed dwarfs instead to keep them Save?
>>
>>53523763
They already have one of the cheapest characters, so there is that.

I am curious as to how Spite Revenants would do. I mean, does their -1 to bravery ability still wor kas long as they are close to the enemy general? If so, you are basically forcing -1 on their armies bravery, and if their general is close enough to terrain, they have to roll 2 dice for their battleshock test.
>>
Looking for advice on a themed Death army I'm planning. I'm pretty new to AoS but I made this list.

Allegiance: Death
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance
- Trait: Red Fury
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Nightmare
- Artefact: Tomb Blade
Necromancer (120)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blade & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
Mortis Engine (180)

Subtotal: 1760

Summoning pool: 240

Total: 2000
>>
>>53492467
GW has already taken steps to stop this. As of the disciples of tzeench battletome, command traits require your general to be a hero. It would be likely that this would continue in GHB2.
>>
>>53524414
Fyreslayers work fine as meat to keep your shooty dwarves save. With 20 Vulkites you get a 4+ save after save (dropping to 5+ when >20). Honestly if you just want shooty kharadron l I would drop the arkanaut company entirely and spam thunderers, or maybe pick up the big ship instead of the small one.

Dispossesed are also fine at this job but I don't play them so I wont be able to help you there.
>>
My list for a 2k tournament on sunday, 3 rounds.

Allegiance: Blades of Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Wrath
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodletters (100)

Units
3 x Khorgoraths (300)
2 x Chaos Spawn (120)
10 x Flesh Hounds (200)
Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (200)
Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)

>>
>>53510342
Honest opinion:

Swap the Warlock engineer with a greyseer or one of the named Skaven generals and give the crown to your Warlord.

Your Warlord can now use two command abilities on ALL clan rat units, making them immune to battleshock, and giving them an extra attack.

Your new general can use his own command ability/cast magic.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.