[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to play anima beyond fantasy without rules that suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 12

File: anima1.jpg (298KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anima1.jpg
298KB, 1280x1024px
Is there a way to play anima beyond fantasy without rules that suck?
>>
>>53476375
Play the setting in a different system...? Isn't that obvious?
>>
>>53477550
Yes, but what other games that support the thing you can do in the normal system without being so complicated
>>
>>53478219
What do you want from Anima? Can't really help unless you tell us what draws you to it.

Fate or GURPS are two options, either way.
>>
>>53478262
Over the top fantasy action and weaboo fighting, also LORE
>>
>>53477550
The setting is shit and obviously made for the system and it's policy of being able to represent everything that can be considered remotely weaboo.
>>
>>53476375
>rules that suck
In which way the rules suck?
>>
>>53478539
Maybe he wants something more rules medium to rules lite
>>
On top of what has been said, Dungeon World with superpowers/ki splat?
>>
>>53476375
Use anima?
>>
>>53478655
>Anima rules suck
>Recommends DW
Explains quite a bit.
>>
Exalted?
d6 fantasy?
>>
>>53476375
Just play 3.5 or 4e
>>
>>53476375
The setting isn't much better, you know?
>>
>>53479297

Is 3E exalted any better? It is not the lightest system out there.

Apropo, did they translate the Core exxet?
>>
>>53476375
>anima
>bad
>>
>>53478262
I actually used Anima as a template for a GURPS game; its power level was toned down (still over-the-top weeaboo fightan magic but not quite as insane as the original), but all the things were there. Ki techniques were still built piecemeal (though I did end up having to drop attribute-specific Ki), Psionic matrices already exist in GURPS basically 1:1, and Magic was the only thing that ended up significantly different mechanically (remained similar tone-wise, though).
>>
>>53481435
how would you define anima then?
>>
>>53481850
interesting, one of the few games that has a large variety in potential characters while still keeping things largely balanced between possible characters, a system that has room to be very rollplaying combat focused or very fluff/roleplaying focused, extremely weeboo
>>
>>53481625
Doesn't powers have basically FP as casting which you can use for Zeon?

Again, I want an answer on this because I want my huge stupid manapools in GURPS but the mana you get for FP is very low.
>>
>>53476375
i find the only real problem is class balance, and the odd DC amounts. Besides that, I think Anima is a rather fantastic system.
>>
>>53482627
>i find the only real problem is class balance
can you elaborate? the classes seem decently balanced to me.

Or do you mean the literal classes that determine your DP costs/ratios and not the general types of characters you can make?
>>
>>53476375
MERP.
>>
>>53482383
Energy Reserve. It's in Powers.
>>
>>53482726
I more mean like, a Mentalist can teleport you into space, summoner can have 1000 defense, and a Ki User can literally explode, meanwhile, Martial users have to hang their legs out hoping for gear.

Also Tao.
>>
>>53482975
>Martials
>Not overpowered
>Needing magical items
>Mentalism
>Teleporting anyone
Hahaha.
Oh wow.

Of course by martial you mean you're taking ki stuff and not just ignoring your MK because reasons unknown, right anon?
>>
>>53483224
I'm more thinking of Weaponmasters, who at best. get 20mk a level. That's 4 levels to just have the ability to use techs.
>>
>>53483306
Weapon masters are by far the hardest class to use correctly if you don't dip into them and then out.

They're also by far the shittiest class unless you go for some fancy stuff like being an undying demigod and then going technician for MK or being a crafter that is undying and attacks via magical items or similar off the wall builds.

You can also buy martial mastery with CP and MK with DP, as a side note.
>>
>>53483339
Weaponmasters can be pretty great if you can push your DM into giving you the items you want.

I actually feel that Tao are the strongest class, I had a Tao with Blood of the Dragon for some real anime shit. He was pretty fucking broken. It got to the point that I could kill DR creatures on one combo, and god forbid if I used any of my techs.
>>
>>53483394
>Push your DM into giving you items
>Not making them
Buddy, alchemy is creative.

And damage resistance creatures are known to be dogshit and easy to murder, go make the calculations of a technician with a +attacks tech and a huge damage weapon.

Taos are very strong as they basically have weaponry on crack with martial arts and good MK.

Also why would you ever take blood of the dragon? Seals are awfully expensive for what they do.
>>
>>53482383
I mostly reduced and rounded. I'm in the camp that if you are using something that costs 500 X, you've gone well past the point about caring about 1 or 2 X. If you really want those huge numbers for the sake of huge numbers, you can just append a few 0s onto everything.

>>53482726
Not him, but from what little I've played, it seemed odd that by time the acrobatic fighter can reliably flip around and over people, the Ki user can normally straight-up teleport behind someone.
>>
>>53483438
Because at 10 seals open, I can make 8 attacks that are all area attacks aimed at the heart and take 0 negatives for it.
>>
>>53483471
>200mk+20DP
>160 Attack/Defense so probably not a thing until level 4-5
>5 turn ramp up
>10 ki a turn
>Instagib yourself chance when you go off 10 doors
Seems fair to me desu.
>>
I like a lot of the ideas in Anima, but the system itself has always felt really schizophrenic to me. You have all this high fantasy nonsense in the powers and shit, but then you have super gritty injury rules that will put you out of action for a long fucking time, and even shit like granular encumbrance rules. It always felt really jarring to me, when those bits of the system interacted with one another.

Although my biggest bugbear with the system is losing your action when you take a hit in combat. I understand the idea behind it, but good fucking god it is so amazingly dull to sit there in a four hour combat not getting a single turn because of unlucky defence rolls.
>>
>>53483559
You're trolling me mate.
>>
>>53483618
If you think dragons is anything but pretty useless you haven't played anima with minmaxers. Mostly because for 20MK you get +100 ini. And for another 20MK you get some +attacks tech, proceed to blow up someone because you have absurd fucking ini and multiple attacks.

Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it's not overpowered. There is more bullshit in this game than you can fathom.

Did I mention you also have level adjustment 1?

>>53483598
Take the hit.
>>
>>53482975
>I have tons of options to pick as "martial" but I'm not going to
Yes, mundane (as without supernatural powers) is inferior than supernatural. But that's not a problem with the classes, same is not a problem with the class Warrior if you don't spend points in Atk, Parry or Dodge, that's your fault, not the class.
>>
>>53483688
Do people actually play with level adjustment rules?
>>
>>53483598
Just reduce your defense to half (and then roll), you wont lose actions even if you get hit
>>
>>53483688

It might just've been our GM generally putting us against stronger opponents, but resolving to take the hit always just seemed like inviting them to reduce you to red mist. I got half killed on a lot of the defence rolls anyway, even trying to stay alive.
>>
>>53483733
Hey, if you're letting anyone take eyes of death at 2p with no adjustment, believe me you're off the hook.

And they do, there is a reason the rule is there.

Yet most legacies are dogshit and aren't worth a fucking LA, specially the elemental ones.

>>53483748
80, got changed in core exxet.
>>
>tfw warrior mentalist/technician/tao
Having 16+ Str/Agi/Dex is pretty awesome to be honest
>>
>>53483839
Magnus go back to the shed.
>>
>>53482975
>>53483306
weapon master is good but you have to play them in a very specific build of stacking all the armor so that all the people that have fancy powers can't actually manage to land a hit on you

complaining that martial users need to beg for gear doesn't make much sense given that advantages like wealth and artifact exist, which is similar to how wizards and mentalists have to spend advantages to just use their powers.

>>53483339
>They're also by far the shittiest class
why would you ever pick illusionist

>>53483439
> it seemed odd that by time the acrobatic fighter can reliably flip around and over people, the Ki user can normally straight-up teleport behind someone.
except the acrobatic fighter can also use ki? secondary abilities also get very silly very quickly if you're allowed to use inhumanity or especially zen
>>
>>53484907
Because prowlers are so good at being stealthy I forget they exist.

OK Secondaries plus OK magic. They're garbage like assassin and specially fucking thief.
>>
>>53484907
Riding a beam of light with pure skill will never not be my favorite thing about this game.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any other examples of what they've allowed characters to do with Zen skill checks?
>>
>>53484951
thief and assassin at least make sense for their niche and have a mathmatic benefit over other classes if you want to go all in on secondary abilities
>>
>>53484952
>Speaking of which, does anyone have any other examples of what they've allowed characters to do with Zen skill checks?
I don't have a personal one, but "scored 17 in an 18 hole game of golf" is my personal favorite in-game example of what zen can do, that shit is poetic.
>>
>>53484999
You're misremembering, that's Inhuman, not Zen.
>>
>>53485061
Zen is scoring a uno while playin golf.
>>
>>53484907
>10+ arm on everything
>nemesis
>samiel
>giant two handed axe
Yes. Strike me.
>>
>>53484999
I remember one PC who gained a high enough skill level in alchemy to pretty much always roll a 500. That shit gets bananas.
>>
If you want animu shiet use OVA
If not use ORE

Easy
>>
>>53476375
ITT: pure cancer
>>
>>53486733
>Using OVA

What kind of degenerate would seriously do this?
>>
>>53486741
Why?
>>
>>53486776
A weeaboo
>>
>>53486907
Thing there is that OVA is far too generic to actually use for anime style games.
>>
>>53477550
Anima's rules are very much tied to its setting deeply, though they can be ported into a fair few other settings. I've done Fairy Tail and Fate myself.

The really big factor I'd say would be different in other settings is that magic would be way stronger, as it is what it is in regards to its current state because of the activation of Utnapishtim.

>>53476375
You're going to want to try harder OP. Its rules, while ill-laid out and time consuming to get down, are very flexible in regards to both GM and player creativity. Homebrew content isn't hard to make either, it's just necessary to make sure it stays very tightly within the bounds of the system, or else numbers become too wack.

The rule I always make sure to remind others of is the "bonus accumulation rule", limits a lot of min-maxers more than you might think actually.
>>
>>53476375
Two words:
Git
Gud
>>
>>53485260
Without cards.
>>
>>53487325
Or defeat Miyamoto in an oar duel with katana.
>>
Wow, an anima thread.

Can someone explain to me why ki characters would take energy shield? It's tied to your block and only takes damage if you defend properly (like magic/psychic shields), so isn't this pointless?
>>
>>53483394
Not reall, if one of your party members puts some points into forge and another one into either Occult, Runes or Alchemy (or both skills on the same char if you want to spec them into crafting) you're good to go, not to mention that it's way more fun gathering the stuff and crafting it yourself.
That and you'd be surprised how easily you can get rich early in the game via blacksmithing. All of dem gains (seriously, a +5 full plate armor sells for 8k gold coins and you can get the mats for +5 items everywhere).
>>
>>53487492
Less penalties; no penlty for multiple attacks or projectiles
>>
>>53487504
Also crafting is creative so wm have it at 2 not 3.

You cannot trust the witch; She is heresy.
You cannot trust the mentalist: He is deranged.
Steel and your hands: on that you can trust.
>>
>>53486921
A game MUST be generic to be able to do anime style games. You need the system to be able to handle at least:
-Over the op action games
-Slice of life social interaction games
-Giant robots
-mystery games
-sports competition games

Anime is not just Naruto and Dragonball
>>
>>53487902
>anime style games

This is too many genres packed into one game. Trying them all at once will just get generic garbage mechanics.
>>
>>53487970
Generic mechanics aren't necessarily garbage.

But yeah, that's really unfocused. If there's any chance for it to be good, it'd be more of a "build your game" toolkit where you decide on a message or theme that your "show" has, and build rules around that.

Even if that message is just "killing zombies is cool, guys! Also, tits"
>>
>there will be a dlc before between light and shadows
Or english exxet.
Or revised dom exxet to go with core exxet.
Or more web errata(thanks spanish forums)
>>
>>53483759
Just pay the additional PC or whatever is called in english. It's there in the rules.
>>
>>53488345
Still; I dont get how dragon a 3cp basically narrative advantage is better than eyes or kami:war or naga or eternal since they come with a payment up front and instant reward for free without needing you to pay 20dp and 50mk+ to be allowed to even open seals to use it.
>>
>>53479297
>>53481110
>Exalted
>Implying any moderately insane GM would run that mess

laughinggirls.png
>>
>>53488250
>between light and shadows
What is this?

>english exxet.
Yes please. Either that or OEF version of Gaia 2, to easily extract the text from.
>>
>>53488634
Theorically the next book

Also
>stuck with Wen M instead of Guillen
>>
>>53488656
>more books to never see in English
Hooray. At least Google Translate works reasonably well for Spanish.
>>
>>53488679
Or paniards; I think the game took his time/interest, spanish forum spergs didnt help.
>>
>>53488634
> Gaia 2

Honestly I really would love to see this in English. Simply because this is the book that has the level 15 jurgand agents who decided to take to the farmers life.
>>
>>53488835
Have there been any sort off official announcements either way?
>>
>>53488846
I'm honestly surprised there isn't a translation project floating about somewhere. There was one for all the rules updates and spell alterations from Core Exxet, and one for most of the web extras (not counting Dramatis Personae, which I don't think has been fully translated either).
>>
>>53488835
Spaniard here, to be fair our people did a fairly shitty english translation, some of the stuff (mainly matrixes, some toponyms and whatever the hell a WarSum is).
>>
>>53488866
Nope only "dlc for game soon. Ktnxbye"
>>
Is Anima hard to learn \ find players for? I really like the weeaboo fightan powahs, but afraid I'll be alone in my bear country (don't really like roll20) if I decide to use the system. Resorted to learning 5e and not impressed so far, albeit will always have guaranteed players.
>>
>>53488846
Best is canon lovecraft and confirmation duk'zarist are retard warmongers and sylain totalitarians
>>
>>53488900
>toonyms
>not even translated
Thanks ffg!
Remember guiri. Argues and Mothiano.
>>
>>53488908
>hard to learn
Depends on how much of a head for crunch you have.
>find players for?
Oh hell yeah.
>>
>>53488938
Aye, that's reeking good ol spaniard quality. Wonder why the hell we're THAT bad at english.
>>
>>53488908
It depends, Anima is fairly crunch-heavy, which has some cons and pros:
-Cons: Character creation and tables can be kind of a pain in the ass.

-Pros: Once you get used to it you realize the game has an insane amount of character customization, allowing you to make almost any kind of character you'd want, not to mention that the way the game's made homebrewing is fairly easy to do.
>>
>>53488961
Transation is ffg not spain.

FFG is horrible at translating.
>>
>>53488900
>our people
Had nothing to do with your people though, it was Edge
>>
>>53488921
Dunno if retards, but they don't make sense lorewise, so you have this powerful race that kept in check all other races...while being lethally allergic to the most common metal in the world? metal that is used in wepons everywhere? for god's sakes they go puff if you throw at them lentils

I played them, they don't last much even if you play them super smart unless you start at high level
>>
>>53489108
Theu just wear armor or bombard you with fireballs or psyballs.

You as a PC have LA3. They as NPCs dont.

Also gaira's backimg his homebois
>>
>>53488956
>Depends on how much of a head for crunch you have.
I'm okay, it's just the possibility of learning\designing stuff for 4-5months and then looking for players for 10-12 more which doesn't excite me.

>>53488996
>Character creation and tables can be kind of a pain in the ass
Can be simplified to a formula \also there's Android soft for it AFAIK.
>>
>>53489119
Armor helps but doesn't entirely stop being damaged, the same way it doesn't stop entirely your enemies from being damaged by you. A small scratch is a death sentence like 33% of the time with a pure breed, and a fast trip to unconsciousness if you're a nephilim.

>Oh, you get hit, so you roll for the allergy
>Oh, you failed so you get a penalty
>Oh, that penalty makes you get hit more
>Rinse and repeat

I guess they had to balance their innate resistances but come on, don't make them the boogeyman in your lore when it's clear they can't
>>
>Edge pulled out of DTRPG completely
When did this happen, and are the PDFs still available anywhere?

Also, does anybody have the Creature Sheet download from Edge's site? It needs a login to get.
>>
>>53489145
>Can be simplified to a formula
It's not exactly the easiest formula to do in your head, though.
>>
>>53489160
I repeat anon.

As NPCs they dont have LA. What was the save vs poofing? 40?

Also they are shown flying a lot of the time and fireballing people they dont have to go into melee the whole race is wizards or mentalists
>>
>>53489108
Most metal is steel in the world which isn't pure iron. Add in armor and likely them being in the level 5-6 range. Along with a culture that will obviously want to not be around metal and I can see it.
>>
>>53489181
40 vs alloys, 60 vs iron.
>>
Is worse on nephs, what your players are going to play, 60 and 80. Played those, don't really recommend them.
>>
>>53489108
I like how one of their perks is actually a flaw. Perfect body don't let them take physical flaws for extra CPs
>>
>>53489280
Also add in the fact they got shat on canonically MULTIPLE times.

All races did. Except one.
>>
>>53489347
Gamewise is a flaw like the "must take magic".

Fluff wise is a "buff" since it means there is no naturallh busted up or non magical duk'zarist (or devah or sylain or daimah)
>>
>>53489280
>Most metal is steel in the world which isn't pure iron

IIRC steel is like 95% iron. Or somewhere in that ballpark. The cutting edge itself will be low carbon as well, since the edge needs to be rigid and hard to, well, keep an edge and be good at cutting.
>>
>>53489388
I always ruled it as 100% iron or doesnt count since its magical.

High iron foods do give you acid reflux and/or tummyache
>>
>>53489477
Making 100% iron is fucking impossible unless you are using modern technologies. You'll get impurities in the smelting process guaranteed.

Hell, you get them with modern tech too, it's just such a low amount that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>53489560
100% as in specifically made of absurd high iron content. Namely not every weapon IS 100% iron but you can get one easily by asking for it in special.

Again this is a game where fossilized bone is shappeable like metal so...
>>
File: AAAMEEENNN.png (860KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
AAAMEEENNN.png
860KB, 887x1097px
I've been playing Anima with my group for couple of months.
The rules deal with big numbers and loads of tables but with calculators at hand it ain't that bad. I still think that we should try something like Exalted, but it's been fun for now.
The world itself is stupid, but honestly, it's stupid in an entertaining way.
>>
>>53489693
Anima is a world crafted in a deep alignment system.
Awful asshole
Asshole
Chaotic asshole
>>
>>53476375
I'm recovering from rectal surgery and I think you're more butthurt than I am.
>>
>>53486124
I know it's a Level Adjustment hit, but grab Eternal Blood for "I'm Fucking Invincible, Jack!" levels of unkillable.
>>53487377
kek
>>53487532
>Steel and your hands: on that you can trust.
>Steel
>Treegered Duk'Zarist
>>53488908
>Hard to learn
ehhh. Some stuff seemed harder to pick up than, say, D&D, but some is easier. Like grapple/trapping/take down checks. Declare your maneuver, make an attack at the relevant penalty, if your attack hits and would do at least 10 percent of it's damage, you make an opposed Characteristic roll. You win, the maneuver goes off, you lose it doesn't.
>Find players
nigh impossible. Doesn't help that a lot of people are intimidated by the sheer amount of tables.
>>
>>53490593
>I know it's a Level Adjustment hit, but grab Eternal Blood for "I'm Fucking Invincible, Jack!" levels of unkillable.
Different guy but I made a Neph Duk Acrobatic warrior with Eternal Blood, regen, Phys resist and that CP that gives you bonuses with you have lower life to do that, pretty cool. Truth be told it would work way better on a Weapon Master.
>>
>>53490593
Playing anything that isn't 3.PF but with a similar level of complexity is nigh impossible in most places
>>
>>53490695
Neat. I just see Weaponmasters as harder, but not impossible, to optimize than the rest.
Like, mystic classes are easy, same with domine and psychics. Prowlers usually get similar mk to other martials, so they get it pretty easy going for ki stuff. Weaps just gotta use their MK wisely(or take Martial Mastery) and get creative, usually literally.
>>
>>53490593
>trusting elf
Dont trust elf.
Some trust elf.
They all dead.
DOnt trust human either, elf girl trust human, they all dead now.
>>
File: D&D Player's Reaction to Anima.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
D&D Player's Reaction to Anima.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>53490723
Well yeah, I've noticed people raised on D&D/PF tend to be the ones REEEEEEing the loudest at the idea of even trying Anima.
>>
>>53490788
>They're all dead.
Not yet, they're not. Don't worry, though. I'll make sure to KILL ALL HUMANS once I find the Eye of God.
Nerelas out.
>>
>>53490764
Weapon master is not hard to optimize, is just that is less supernatural than the rest and therefore will have a hard time doing obviously supernatural stuff. But grab MK, Enegy TA, buy aura to weapon and you'll be parrying fireballs, splitting mountains in half and other stuff in no time

Of course, if you decide to not buy any supernatural stuff you'll have a harder time dealing with supernatural stuff
>>
>>53490832
Or, if you've got a little more time in-game, forge your own alchemy gear, make enchanted weapons and armors to counteract supernatural bullshit.
>>
>>53490793
>what ypu mean martials get nice things
>why cant I spam spells and rest 8h?
>why cant I gish and have good secondaries

Hahaha
>>
>>53490871
You can gish and have good secondaries now...it's just that pure classes will have better secondaries than you, but at least you aren't retarded like in first edition.
>>
>>53490861
>when the whimpy wizard and twink techie ask you for zeon and ki cans so you demand them to bring you gems, blood and souls in excess so you can finish your full heavy plate +20
>when black sun wants to recruit you but the pay is too low and the zombies dont damage you enough to care
Just crafter things
>>
>>53491030
>when the mentalist ask y...but then enters in spontaneous combustion
>>
>>53491030
>Ugh, the summoner's going to be spending all week summoning that Ifrit.
>Welp, gives me time to make a better Two-handed Axe.
>Ooh, idea.
>"Hey summoner, when you're done binding it, I'd like a bit of its blood."
>Two weeks later, tearing through the frozen wraiths of Haufmann with your new fire axe.
Just CraftMaster things.
>>
File: arab_prince_making_it_rain.gif (2MB, 254x209px) Image search: [Google]
arab_prince_making_it_rain.gif
2MB, 254x209px
>That guy in the group who leaves 10gp as tip in slum tavern.
>>
>>53491302
>When that is your freelance disguised as an agent of black sun trying to tip off the consortium as he's using buttload of fake money your creation summoner made on pretty much everything and leaving absurd tips
>Because the day before while your tao and Shadow where murdering a Tol Rauko agent to plant the body on the hands of Samael agents and make it seem he was trying to steal the magical artifact your paladin bought from black sun using fake coins while disguised as an agent of Samael
>All while your summoner uses his crows and summons as CCTV cameras and your mentalist has all of your minds connected together for ease share of information
>Just so you could start a three way turf war because you wanted a McGuffin from the samael Archon and you have your thief steal it while he's away trying to deal with the ensuing shitstorm.
>>
>>53489723
Its lightyears ahead of DnD's Alightment System!
>>
Would mentalists be better or worse if they weren't so blatantly ignored?

I feel like the main thing that keeps them going strong compared to other character types is that the devs themselves haven't bothered to look into some of their more obviously abuse-able stuff, like phys increase + introvert pattern being an amazing dip for any warrior character or basically any build involving psychic ambivalence
>>
>>53493223
depends, the problem with mentalists are that they don't get more stuff than well.
What they got from the start.

All patterns but liberally interpreted introvert are shit.
>>
>>53493347
>All patterns but liberally interpreted introvert are shit.
Liberally interpreted nothing. Introvert means you don't have to spend a single point in psychic projection if you only care about self buffs, with the only drawbacks that you're socially awkward (get friends to do it for you) and you have a penalty in the first round of fights (survivable, especially with the buffs you have). All of this for only 1 CP, even non-mentalist classes can make this work.

Extrovert, psychopath and especially courage can combine with psychic ambivalence and inclination (3 cp total) to put out a bunch of mid/high level powers every round with little chance of failure turning you into a machine gun with infinite ammo, again with the main issue being some penalties you can easily live with.

I'll agree the other ones are pretty bad though madness is at least fun in a bad way (especially with the disadvantage where psychic failures make you take damage)
>>
>>53493498
>Liberally interpreted nothing
Liberally interpreted the huge "-40 AAP when interacting" if your GM rules combat as interaction...
>>
>>53493536
I pulled up the book

>In addition, he suffers a –40 penalty to any
Social Ability check roll to express himself in front of a crowd or persuade a
group of individuals he does not know.
Combat is a social ability?

If he has to fight against people he does
not know or in front of an audience, he suffers a –40 penalty to All Actions
for the first turn of combat due to nervousness; afterwards, adrenaline will
clear his mind and remove this penalty.
This specifically talks about fighting, and says it only lasts one round

Granted, anima's english translation is pretty shaky, but it seems pretty clear cut to me and I can't imagine it being mistranslated so hard you completely invent context like this
>>
>>53493584
actually you're right for some god-forsaken reason i thought it was 40 AAP all combat.

ALso psycho is waaaay too hardcore for my opinion
>>
>>53493719
>ALso psycho is waaaay too hardcore for my opinion
Yeah it sure is, but that's ok because courage is the best one anyway.

Assume a level 1 mentalist with access to Energy (1CP) Psychic Ambivalence (1CP) and Psychic Inclination: Energy (2CP). Give him some throwaway 1 point disadvantage like addiction or something. Give him a good but not minmaxed will score of 8 (base potential +40, which we'll bump to +50 by spending the starting PP). Get two extra PP for access to energy powers and energy discharge (20 DP) and the courage mental pattern (30 DP). This is all the investment needed.

Psychic ambivalance is an advantage in the GM book where, when you split your potential to use several powers in one round, you get a +5 for every power cast to all powers you cast. This means if we divide our +50 into five +10's, we get to cast 5 powers with a potential of +35 (5*5 = 25 + 10). This means you only have to roll a 5 on a 1d100 in order to reach the next benchmark (easy/40).

Easy would of course be a failure normally. Except both the courage metal pattern and psychic inclination both automatically raise the level of powers casted by one level. Meaning that our easy goes up to medium, and then up again to difficult, which is a success and does 50 damage. You can do this 5 times a round every round until the heat death of the universe (if not better, you only need to roll 45 or more to do 70 damage and if you land an 85 you get to do 100 damage at level 1) as long as you roll better than 5.

There's still the issue of actually landing the hits. But you've only spent 50 DP, and while this works with powers like telepathy too if you use elemental nuke powers like energy you can take the extrovert pattern (40 dp) to get +20 projection and potential for basically zero downsides at all.

The only real flaw with this is that your defensive projection is hurt pretty bad by these patterns. Except you can just be a wizard-mentalist.
>>
>>53491835
Barnabas, what are you doing on a Sylvain Needlepoint board?
>>
>>53494020
>Easy would of course be a failure normally. Except both the courage metal pattern and psychic inclination both automatically raise the level of powers casted by one level. Meaning that our easy goes up to medium, and then up again to difficult, which is a success and does 50 damage. You can do this 5 times a round every round until the heat death of the universe (if not better, you only need to roll 45 or more to do 70 damage and if you land an 85 you get to do 100 damage at level 1) as long as you roll better than 5.

You know the +1 level doesn't stack and it explicitly requires you to actually hit the minimum right?
>>
>>53498669
Here's what it says about the courage mental pattern in my copy of arcana exett

>The character gains a +30 bonus to his offensive Psychic Projection and automatically increases the difficulty level by one (this increase can avoid a Fatigue result) when using attack Powers.

Psychic inclination doesn't have the bit about avoiding a fatigue result though, and while theres room to argue on if they both add up (since it's not a stack, its two effects that have the same result) so you've got a potential argument to shut this down there. In that case you just spend an extra 40 DP to add +40 to the specific power you want and get the exact same results anyway.

That puts things at 90 DP, which is still not even a full level for the ability to throw out a bunch of psychic attacks of decent quality every single round with almost no chance of failure.
>>
So what is the most over the top thing you can do in this system? also is there a fillable pdf?
>>
File: Distant Caster Screams.png (330KB, 371x475px) Image search: [Google]
Distant Caster Screams.png
330KB, 371x475px
>>53500986
Depends on what you mean by "over the top"
A technician can cause the Third Impact with a Ki Technique
A wizard can piss off reality, rape souls, conjure up a 60km radius ball of Honey Badgers or Cassowaries.
A summoner can tell GODS what to do, unless they critically fumble, then there're going to be more, angrier, gods appearing everywhere.
And a Mentalist can pump their physical abilities to 20 with minimal investment, heft a mountain, run across the continent in three seconds, and beat a dragon to death with said mountain.

As for a fillable pdf, try the complete character sheet here:
https://mega.nz/#F!pZhBUS7L!Dqg24lVzifA23q2qNan3nQ
>>
>>53501999
There's also this for making a character. Not perfect, but it's pretty in-depth.
>http://animaunico.helechaloscuro.net/
>>
>>53500986
>>53501999
The most broken thing in the system is zen secondary abilities, it's the only thing that doesn't have a cap and which is almost crunch free. It's basically just whatever the GM lets you do with your comically huge numbers
>>
>>53500986
Style...in ZEN level
>>
>>53502881
Best ability to get to zen.
Fumble your Withstand Pain roll when being tortured?
Well with that Style of 440, your screams somehow impress your torturer enough that they call it a day, go home, and seriously wonder if they'll ever be able to feel anything torturing someone ever again.
>>
>>53487218
Kyle?
>>
File: file.png (207KB, 1120x416px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207KB, 1120x416px
>>53500503
Miss translated then
>>
File: Weapon master.png (537KB, 1216x597px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon master.png
537KB, 1216x597px
>>
>>53490861
>>53491113
These two get it.
>>
>>53502881
>>53503202
>hey man, I just noticed... this game will mostly attract rollplayers. I don't know if there'll be a way to make it more roleplaye-y
>What if... what if we make a skill that makes them look cooler?
>And what do they get out of it?
>Nothing. They just look cooler.
>Who'll ever spend points on that?
>Everybody.
>>
>>53482143
>anima
>balanced

Mate, i love the game, but that shit is unbalanced as fuck. A guy in my party basically created a level one character that was technically unkillable unless a god tried really hard. And that was without any homebrewing or that kind of thing
>>
>>53509800
Let me doubt it
>>
>>53509726
Look, I have style I look cool. Fuck you kyle its in the rules.
>>
>>53509800
Give us the details, and we can tell you what's being done wrong.
>>
>>53511171
>>53509915
>yfw he starts by "casting chimera/ascencion..."
>>
>>53511404
>>
>>53511483
While chimer is obs retarded to use, ascencion is bit more obscure
>>
>>53511404
>yfw he is literally summonable and controllable by the summoner
I'm that guy, the guy who made another player my bitch
>>
>>53512968
>be overpowered murdergod
>its ok anon I will bind you so others dont, wont take away your free will!
>accep
>lmao jk retard you my maid now
>>
>>53513011
>Summoners are assholes
My players encountered a summoner living in a penis shaped tower.
He had an Ifrit wearing a maid outfit as a door guard. It was forced to live in the brazier right by the entrance.
He was also feuding with his brother, who happened to be a wizard, over which school of mysticism was better, summoning or spells.
The players, wisely, left them to their bickering.
>>
>>53512925
Well yeah, because Ascension/Dark Ascension are Divine-tier spells. And getting that requires either Elan 100 with Erebus, or risking your very existence with nodes.

Unless you mean the Essence spell Spiritual Existence. But while it may stop normal summoners, Black Sun and Necromancers in general are gonna dom the fuck outta whoever decides to pull that shit.

Never mind what the bad ole Inquisition will think of a ghost causing a ruckus. Aside from DEUS VULT EXTERMINATUS, of course.
>>
>>53514320
I neant how asc only works in the wakd
>>
>>53514399
Yeah, okay. Still, the person who can fire off ascension in the wake will probably be at the level where they're already pissing off major powers, so even if they weren't trying to become a god, or even gain gnosis, they'll probably have to be on their guard against all sorts of bullshit.

One of my players, for example, has a Telepathy Mentalist after him. Twice, now, she's Brainjacked the Warrior Summoner and made her attack him. Both times it came really close to ending in a dead player.
Next time, she's going to use his family.
>>
>>53514494
What he meant is that what you do in the wake, well.

Stays in the wake when you wake up
>>
>>53516277
Yeah, usually. But there's one or two workarounds for high-level characters. Especially if they find a place where the Veil is thin.
>>
>>53516800
Specifically, Dreams subpath and Creation both have spells that could pull it off.
The dream one that pulls objects into reality, and "create your own world, with blackjack and hookers".
>>
>>53500503
The other problem is that Energy Discharge has a minimum activation of 120, not 80.
>>
>>53476375
Godbound
>>
>>53509800
Honestly I always say you haven't broke the game in half until you've seen someone make a build that did over 2 Million damage in a single round to Omega.
>>
>>53504691
No.

It's interesting you know that name. I'm someone else.
>>
>>53522901
Could you be Troy? or maybe you're Dutch
>>
when you dont do a called shot, where are the attacks directed?
>>
>>53524820
Random location, I think.
>>
Is there a combat example out there?
>>
>Vetala has a feature called "children of the night"
>They can't see shit in darkness
Hehehe
>>
>>53524820
Doesn't matter unless you crit, and when you crit it's randomly target unless you used a called shot.
>>
So how does a normal campaign of anima goes?

bunch of mary sues fight another bunch of mary sues?
>>
>>53524964
Beyond the ones in the book used to explain the combat system?
>>
>>53525190
Depends
Anima setting has a lot of stuff going on
You have Arabian nights
Pirates of the caribean
Cthulhu country
Reinassance France vs Reinassance Germany
Spanish Inquisition
Crouching tiger, hidden dragon
Steampunk victorian England
Etc
>>
>>53525267
And then you have the factions
Inquisition
Men in black knights
Xmen
Wissenschaft
Imperial special forces
Necromancer team
>>
File: Wissenschaft.png (2MB, 850x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Wissenschaft.png
2MB, 850x1113px
>>53525341
>>
>>53525254
what page? i cant seem to find it

and yeah one beyond the one in the book would be fine
>>
>>53525429
I was referring to the italicized example text throughout the Combat chapter, particularly the bit on p82, above the damage table.
>>
>>53522853
>Existential barrier
>>
>>53525267
>Steampunk(NOT MAGITEK WE SWEAR) germany
ftfy
>>
>>53524827
>>53525064
How does AT work with random attacks? Certain armor covers your body, correct? Or do you just always apply the AT no matter what?
>>
>>53526635
Most people apply the AT unless aimed.
Or just randomly roll it.
>>
>>53526700
>Most people apply the AT unless aimed.
That's what I thought. Too bad I never see people aim attacks.
>>
>>53526871
People never use sambo, or precise weaponry.
>>
>>53523192
I'm definitely not our resident Dutchman. I'm of the more revenant-like persuasion.
>>
>>53526635
Attacks should generally hit the chest region unless aimed elsewhere or the angle of attack means a different location. Depends on the GM's discretion really.
>>
I'm new to Anima (love the system so far) and am still messing around with character creation/books whenever I'm bored. I'd like to create a character that utilizes the Venomous Essence Blood Legacy, but I'm unfamiliar with how regular wounds work if you were to use this Blood Legacy. Just the bloodstream part. Would Aura Extension work on an open wound, and how are these open wounds produced? Does it always have to be a crit, or am I missing something with Cut weapons or any weapon in general? What about if I use Blood Magic to create a weapon out of my venom blood? I really like this Blood Legacy, but there are some questions to it.
>>
>>53526871
Aimed attacks work very well against folk who are wearing only parts of a heavier set of armor, or one that doesn't cover the whole body. For instance, a high-quality set of leather leaves the legs vulnerable, and the penalty to strike the calf is -10, whereas... say the thrust AT is 2+1, which means you have 20 points less of a penalty than you would have when striking against that AT of 3 flat.

So as long the value of whatever ATx10 (so AT 1 = 10, AT 2 = 20, etc) is greater than the penalty incurred by aiming, aiming becomes more effective. That means aiming for the head (-60), is really only efficient if the person in question has 7 AT or more on the head. It's easier to justify aiming if you have precision of course.

I designed a Modular Armor system, linked it once around here on /tg/. When splitting armor up into six locations. Breastplate, Sleeves, Gauntlets, Pants, Greaves, and Head, aiming becomes a lot more efficient overall. Well, that is if the character has a mixed set like leather chest pieces mixed with full plate gauntlets. Taking a full set across the board instead of mixing and matching leads to the same situation as the core book.
>>
in the character classess, what does the life multplier means? or multiplo de vida in spanish
>>
>>53528085
So long as you have Aura Extension, the VR of Venemous Essence is applied whenever you strike your enemy, regardless of the AT you hit on. It states that in the third paragraph of the ability, Page 81 PDF of Dominus.

Actually ingesting it or mixing it into a person's bloodstream would require you giving them your blood or fluids. So for example, spitting on a person's wound would force them to take a +60 VR Check, or slipping some of of your blood into a goblet of wine would cause anyone who drank it to suffer the same +60 VR Check.

I'd say blood-weapons made of your blood would always apply the +60 VR Check because you're directly applying your blood to the enemy's wounds. It's a GM call though really, they might just stick to the base +20 for striking with a weapon.
>>
>>53528166
That's how much DP you have to spend to acquire a single Life Point Multiple. A Life Pint Multiple gives you your CON in extra LP over your Base.

For example, buying 30 DP worth of Life Point Multiples as a Warrior would net you CONx2 in extra LP. Say your CON is 11. That would give you 22 extra LP. If your CON later went up, that would also increase your LP.
>>
>>53479839
Get out
>>
Nemesis + Destruction magic is a hilarious combo.
>>
>>53528331
Technician+reduced subterfuge is better you heretic cunt
>>
>>53522853
>Million
how is that possible?
>>
What's the best gimmick build you've seen, /tg/?
>>
>>53529922
It's most likely Anon's group got something wrong, because first and foremost, Omega cannot take more than 200 damage a turn. It's impossible for a player character to have the 40 Gnosis required to ignore that protection, and the sole item that might allow a character to fight Omega on even terms, the Key of Yggdrasil, is absolutely impossible to find in a normal game unless the GM goes out of his way to let it show up.

In a severely homebrewed game, I've seen damage numbers against masses of soldiers in the hundred millions, but in a normal game? Hrmm. Off the top of my head, you should never see more than roughly 48,400 Damage. That's a 440 Zen Attack Nuke dealing 300 base Energy Damage against a mob of soldiers big enough for it to get t he x25 damage multiplier. Anything else is numbers bloat, for even Ki Techniques don't get any higher in-setting, even if it's possible to do so.
>>
>>53530660
Theorically you can do 2million damage.

Still, retard luck and liberal interpretation of how many open rolls you can have and what happens if you go over 440 (crits on dubs; keep critdubbing on 11-22-33, etc... Until 77 then holding a crit on 85 artifact keep opening from 85 to 100 in increments of 1 for a 1801+mods+attack)
>>
>>53530660
>It's impossible for a player character to have the 40 Gnosis required to ignore that protection
Can't you do some funky stuff with the level 80 light/dark dream powers to transfer that 40 gnosis over to a more permamant use?
>>
>>53530740
Nah, you gotta be in the Vigil (or at least that's how it's called in spanish, don't know the english name) for it to work, and it depends on the kind of dream the target is having as well.
>>
>>53530920
Wake. Its wake.
>>
>>53527987
Hmm, I'm not sure who that makes you. But I'm certain we're talking about the same people. What does the acronym VVBD mean to you?
>>
I wish /tg/ had anima threads more often.
>>
>>53527987
Ludqn Lxqwdlqh

Caesarian shift

N=the first letter of the player's name. Hint: Giggles. Gilagamesh. Arkeus
>>
>>53530009
Best/worst:
Both players mentalists.

Neither took ANY way of fighting but create emotions and mind control
>>
>>53532273
Not many people know about Anima, and less play it, it's understandable /tg/ doesn't have many Anima threads. My last Anima game was 1 and a half years ago for example.
>>
>>53532466
Oh, forgot to mention. Skype/discord is in the cypher
>>
>>53530009
The best I made was:
Warrior mentalist with introverted, physical increment + Technician with high ki accumulation and physical increment through ki + Muai Thai

I had like 16-17 to Str/Dex/Agi and thanks to the rules that if you have Agi+Dex > enemy's 10+Agi+Dex go get bonuses I was a beast in melee combat, basically Hulk meets Flash
>>
>>53532613
Now that I think off, I belive he had tao later on to be able to access better martial arts for less the price
>>
>>53525364
>>53525341
>Wissenschaft

>>53526192
>>53530660
Maybe they had access to something like Jared Apocrytus, Seoman Kephas or something similar that could bypass that ability?
Or that's what the damage WOULD have been.
Or they were fighting Lucifer, not Lord of Infinity.
As for the build, I'd guess it involves a +20 or better enchanted weapon (Jared Apocrytus, for example), a +400 and 4x Damage Ki Tech, Azrael's Destroyer of Evil Elan Gift, and a really good attack roll.

>>53525190
One of the better ones is "Farmers in not!SlavicFolkloreLand have to avoid being killed/raped/eaten by literally everything in the province."
But it mostly depends on what campaign the group feels like doing.

>>53526871
My players sometimes aim attacks. Usually when they've got the drop on people, or are fighting a DR creature.

>>53526970
>Arcana Sephira lets you have the precision trait on spells
>Love aiming Earth Spikes at foes' feet.
Precision is great.

>>53530920
You could theoretically pull it off if you were a Demiurge of Erebus and had 100 in Book of Creation(Dreams Subpath).
Go into Wake/Vigil(Dreams has a door to the Wake spell), assume GN45 form because Demiurge. Cast Create at Base level, declare "My form and powers will carry over into reality" as your existential rule. Leave wake.
Get punched in the nuts by the GM, then hunted down by Imperium because your Gnosis 45 would look great inside a Pillar of Souls.
>>53530009
Bad Luck/Unfortunate/Damned(2) Summoner paired with a Causality/Air(Chaos) WizMen. The secret was World Reversed.
Or the one an anon posted in another thread about Eyes of Death/Capricorn Crit-fishing which I have now built one of the Jurgand agents in my campaign as.
Personal build is the Counter-happy devil of Soo Bahk/Hanja/Selene blind master that I will never get to play because ForeverGM.

>>53532273
I do too, but they almost never hit 300 when they show up.
>>
Is it just me, or the entire Anima setting feel very Western for a game that is one word away from being titled Anime: The RPG?
>>
>>53533946
I can see that.
>>
>>53533946
Anima is bait and switch.
>what if we give players awesome combat powers and awesome rewards for fighting and murdering and being immoral assholes
>but the combat is lethal as fuck
>and the setting is pre eclipse berserk or sometimes post but without falconia.
>>
>>53534245
I like the lethal combat system, though. Makes players want to avoid a straight-up fight for the most part, and instead try to ambush or avert them.
Unless you get combat autists. then they just run headlong into the fighting because they min-maxed their combat shit and have zero secondaries.
And then you punish them for not getting their notice or search up high enough to detect the stealthers.
>>
>>53530920
>>53533482
Couldn't you do the following?

>High level light/darkness caster
>Enter wake, use dream spell that gives you 40 gnosis
>Use your newfound gnosis to cast ascension on yourself, raising your gnosis to 50
>Use ascention on someone else to give them gnosis 40

If using ascention on yourself in the wake doesn't stack with your "fake" gnosis, you could just cut that step and instead give someone else gnosis 30 to cast high magic, which is still really good.
>>
>>53535527
What you do in the wake stays in the wake.

Plus the wake is fucking moth on crack dangerous. Malekith's city is the only """"" safe""""" place.
>>
>>53535606
Hey, that's not entirely true. there are relatively calm zones. It's just that the easiest to access bits are usually around old battlefields, and those zones are very dangerous.
>>
So, here's the overarching question about Anima for me. What is the most broken element of it? Where does the balance simply fall apart?
>>
>>53537903
>What is the most broken element of it?
Secondary skills with inhuman/zen and summoning have the most potential because they're almost entirely based on what the GM will let you get away with

In terms of pure mechanics it's either creation magic or nemesis powers, with minmaxed psychic ambivalence builds not being too far behind but way more limited

I'd say overall everything is pretty balanced against everything else, with even the more normie level classes like tao, weapon master of shadows having the ability to do some really wacky stuff
>>
>>53537903
In terms of "the one thing that's so good there's no reason to not take it every time" there's basically no character that's worse by picking see supernatural and familiar (shelee) as their starting advantages
>>
I am new to anima, fell in love with the system, what is a good plot hook?

also tips for new DM?
>>
>>53538118
One could argue against the familiar, but there is 0 reasons for which see supernatural can be at any degree bad.

I guess outside being blind?
>>
File: Anima Combat Flowchart.jpg (316KB, 1190x998px) Image search: [Google]
Anima Combat Flowchart.jpg
316KB, 1190x998px
>>53538118
I wouldn't call sheele familiars "so great you should always take it" simply because their per diem cost always increases, and if you're not a class that gets cheap MA/Zeon Regen Multiples, you may as well not bother because they will eventually die.
Doubly so for any class that wants to spend their stat points anywhere but Power(Mentalists, especially).
But See Supernatural is definitely the most important thing, unless you're rocking a Blind character.
But what you said about Creation is spot on. Between "Free levels for everyone", a shield that will not break(especially if you take the Empowered Shields Metamagic Advantages), a literal army of level 0s, and "Here's some boosted Resistances", Creation can almost always swing a fight in the caster's favor, unless a Nemesis user activates Magic Cancellation.

>>53538250
My favorite hook is this:
>The players have a shiny.
>An organization(Yehudah, Wiss, Tol Rauko, etc) wants it.
>The organization is willing to do whatever it takes to get it.
And see how the Players handle it, then build off of that.
As far as tips, don't overthink plot hooks, be stingy with monetary rewards lest your players blow it making some superweapon you didn't see coming, and if the players start acting big for their britches, don't hesitate to throw something real scary at them, even if you have to go a few levels over them.
Also, either have this flow chart on hand or have a spreadsheet set up for combat. Makes life a lot easier.
>>
>>53539190
>Shilling for chimera
Summoner!
That's a bad summoner!
>>
>>53539319
I said nothing about Chimera. I know it's terrible, but it's literally the one bad-ish spell in an otherwise amazing list.

Summoners are usually only broken if you give them time. Not always something they can have on hand, especially if certain groups are out to get them.
>>
>>53539445
Chimera is good as a retard trap and to do upon your enemies.
>>
>>53539472
That it is. Or to have as a plot hook.
>Players encounter naked women with squirrel ear/tails up trees, chittering at them.
>Investigation reveals that a lonely college student learned Chimera, thought he'd get laid.
>Wissenschaft is paying good money if they'll round all them up before someone like Inquisition finds out.
>>
>>53539546
Inquisition will pay you better money if you give them the name of this magic academy anon.

Would you not trust an inquisitor? They're mostly inestable, but not liars.
>>
>>53539598
Depends on if you're used to working with Wissenschaft or not, I suppose.
Or if you yourself are a practicioner of the forbidden arts.
But you'd never be that, would you?
>>
>>53539680
Of course I'm buddy!
Where you are fellow monsters, witches, demons, heretics, degenerates and blasphemers?
When do we get to the gay satanic orgie, eh my fellow anti-christians?
>>
>>53540024
>gay orgy
Levanah Zoroaster's awake?!
>>
>>53538979
>>53539190
Shelee have too many extremely powerful abilities that don't cost any zeon. Spending even 35 DP on a regeneration multiplier every level to keep pace is very much worth it IMO
>>
>>53540217
Ahh, but which is the best sheele?
Assuming, ofc, that you get to pick.
I think it's situational. Except Essence, because at levels 7 and 9, you get a pet dragon at will for an initial buy-in of 20 zeon, which is a great deal.
>>
>>53540262
The two that stand out to me are darkness (melee attack/defend using magic projection is something that helps out every build, it has a special attack that works without a save, darkness is an overall strong school) and like you said essence, because on top of the super undercoat power, one of the better schools (after it got buffed with core exett) and really handy cheap healing you can also use it to effectively double or triple your health because of it's built in regeneration and the life link perk.

None of them are bad though, for example air and fire give you easy damage boosts and some cheap but effective supporting moves, light can get a comically high notice/search score that means you can dump those stats and never worry about someone sneaking up on you and water can do the flying HP reserve thing essence does but even better.
>>
>>53540217
35DP is 35% of your total level, if you're a martial class that leaves you with NOSECONDARIES.
>>
>>53540155
Haha yes, of course the oversized lizard, I mean, BEATIFUL demon is awake, now where is it and when does the orgy happen fellow degenerate satanist?
>>
>>53540442
>35 is the 35% of 600
Wut?
>>
>>53540362
Wait, how did Core Exxet buff Essence?

>>53540472
I don't know, probably listen for moaning of both ecstasy and despair. Shit like that happens, man. You get the best sex you ever had with her, and then what? What is there to live for after that? Fuck. All.
Y'know, if you're inquisition, mind just straight killing me? Got nothing to live for now...

The fact that this is legit what happens around Edamiel's followers is hilarious.
>>
>>53540613
>35 isn't the 35% of 100
>>
>>53540442
You don't need secondaries when you have a shelee to do them for you that can also do other things.

>>53540617
Was it not core exxet that had the new magic system? It made the costs of essence cheaper and/or made the effect better for most of it's spells
>>
>>53540810
Ahh, okay. Was wondering if there was a specific buff aside from the Magic Level rework.
>>
>>53540472
CAW- er, I mean yes, I know where the orgy is taking place. It's a beautiful little city known as Graven. However, you must be asleep to even get an invite. You should probably get to it if you want in.
>>
Someone redpill me about the wake, and specially graven and how the fuck it works.
>>
>>53542246
Okay, everything that exists, has a duplicate in the wake.
Rocks, grass, everything.
Now living things put out quite a bit of energy into the wake, especially when they dream or when they die.
Doubly so for humans. this energy can coagulate into specters. The big-boy specters are known as nightmare lords.
Now usually, specters cannot cross over into reality because of the Veil. However, in certain areas, the Veil is thin, so they can at least influence shit in reality.
Graven, Malekith's baby, is a place built in, and using materials made of, both reality and the wake. He's using sleeping people to build it, and their souls can remain in Graven for possibly the rest of their lives.
He's doing all this so he and his demon buddies can come and go as they please in both reality and the Wake. And he's always working on expanding it.
>>
>>53542461
But why.
>>
>>53542246
>>53542461
Also, the Nightmare Lords are stronger than Gods within their own realms, and they feed on the negative emotions of humans in order to sustain themselves and grow stronger.

Graven does not exist yet on the human realm, only as a fragment. If Crowman finishes up his work, he would be unstoppable, and he is smart enough and patient enough to get everything in time without any of the big boys noticing.
>>
>>53542502
Because YOU didn't accept Abel H. Christ as your lord and savior, you double heretic!
>>
>>53542533
Isn't it getting assfucked into gehenna?
>>
>>53532466
Oh shit, I'm an idiot. not L's those are i's
If you're seeing this use

Iudqn Ixqwdlqh

Instead
>>
>>53546006
>>53532512
>>53532466
>>53532173

Fuck me, I'm the worst at trying to communicate. I did my cypher completely wrong. Here is the cyper properly Caesarian shifted so that the clue in >>53532466
is accurate.

Coxkh Crkqxfkb

That which would have been an N in the original is the first letter of that player's first name in this cypher.
>>
>>53542533
>Also, the Nightmare Lords are stronger than Gods within their own realms

If I remeber right the strongest of the strong has a Gnosis of 40 in Graven. The average nightmare lord is in the lower to mid tier god level. Legit gods are people like the key and the gate who controls all of time space in the universe.
>>
>>53539472
>Chimera is good as a retard trap

Depends on your level and artifacts. If you happen to be at level 10+ and have someone forge an artifact to give you more defenses it's pretty damn good.

Only an idiot would use it at sub level 10 though.
>>
>>53539472
>>53548352
can't you stack chimera and the similar necromancy power? only other undead can summon undead, so it makes you a bit less of a target
>>
>>53548388
Nah. The spells that shift your existence like that works via reforming your body. If you cast Chimera you become a creature between worlds. If right afterwards you cast the necromancy version then your body effectively becomes undead instead and you'll lose your former chimera body.
>>
>>53548621
Undead is in addition to Being Between Worlds or Spirit, though. So you Chimera into being a living Being Between Worlds, then use Surpass Death to become another Being Between Worlds. SD only says it doesn't work on necromantic creatures, not that you have to be Natural (unlike Spiritual Existence which says you have to be Natural or Between Worlds).
>>
>>53548731
Also, if you read RAW, you can then apply Spiritual Existence to your undead Being Between Worlds.
>>
>>53539598
>but not liars
>Lol, all magic that can't be controlled is evil and created by Sata
>Hey look, that one guy can fart lighting without control, let's hire him.
>>
>>53549542
>hire
You mean
>Sanghai as a kid and train
>>
>>53549586
>train
Why would you train someone send by Satan?
>>
>>53549624
Because, you see, if you train indoctrinate the person sent by Satan in your ways, then you've effectively stolen them from Satan and put them to a holy use. And if they happen to die while hunting Satan's other minions, well, that just means he can't lure them back.
>>
>>53549624
They tend to give them the stamp of Abel and tell them to go kill Satanists. So long as they are properly religious of course.
>>
>>53533482
Jared Apocrytus and Seoman Kephas both cannot pierce Absolute Existence. Jared Apocrytus annuls the powers of divine entities with Gnosis 25-40, but that's talking about Auspice and similar abilities which directly affect the outcome of an opposed roll. Absolute Existence REQUIRES, a gnosis of a certain level to be penetrated, something with Jared Apocrytus certainly does not provide. Seoman Kephas' ability works similar to the Eyes of Death, which only penetrates Damage Barriers, Presence Barriers, Elemental Immunities, and the like. It does not penetrate this sort of invincibility (source, Spanish forums somewhere, google translate will help you find it eventually).

It's also impossible to have Gnosis 40+ outside the wake using any sort of divine magic combo-loophole, as stated by AS himself. Reality basically crumbles around the character and punts them down to their normal existence. You legimiately have to undergo the process which happened to Omega to rise that high in gnosis (and that is not going to happen unless the Gm does a lot of setting rewriting hah).
>>
Is there a better GM Master's Screen out there? Or did anyone make a better document with all of the penalties and etc? I don't really like the one that came with the GM book.
>>
>>53537903
>>53538091
Setting wise, you will only ever see a Secondary skill above 280 if you look at the Infinite Orb. Very nearly everything else, including even a genius like Lucanor, will never ever have a skill over 280. Hell, Abel himself had a 300 Leadership, which means the highest any character in Gaia currently could justify is roughly 240-260.

For summoning abilities... sigh, I wish Carlos had given a very detailed explanation of setting balance, because the books suck at explaining it. Summoning skills are going to never breach 300 as a value for an individual, which is roughly what Genma and Jigoku no Kami from Samael have. There is no other earthly summoner that can beat them, period. Even the level 10 Alystaire from Gabriel can't beat them since she dabbled mostly instead of applying herself fully. The Infinite Orb has a bullshit 440, but it's likely a motherfucker built by the Imperium for its purpose, so... that's understandable.

I really hate the summoning skills overall, they're very NPC oriented. Consider the following, a normal Summoner with great skill is going to sit around 80 Summon (Core Book PDF Page 282). That's absolute jack shit to the point they on their own can't do anything without stacking a decade on top of all possible other bonuses. It's really meant for such characters, and Yehudah is excellent at this, to group together in huge ritual groups of ten or more characters to really get any use out of it.

This means any player character who has any summon skill above 140 is pretty much a goddamn peerless genius at their field (and 180 is pretty much a grand master).

But to stop meandering, is it possible to bloat Secondary Skills and Summoning Skills to ridiculous heights, causing the system to break down? Yes, but only if you ignore the setting.
>>
>>53538250
The biggest key in my opinion, is remembering that the organizations that police various levels of reality, that is the Inquisition, Tol Rauko, the Consortium, and the Imperium, are not all-knowing and omniscient. The players do have a lot of leeway in what they can do, though true excess is extremely dangerous and will be eventually punished in return.

Also, take your time to look through statted NPC stats by way of the Core Book, Gaia Beyond the Dreams, the GM's Toolkit, TWWAU, and the Dramatis Peronae PDF floating around to understand how in-general, the system is balanced. Some numbers would otherwise seem out of wack.
>>
>>53539598
>Trusting someone as sane as 40k's Inquisition.

And smart decisions were made that day.
>>
>>53548314
The highest possible Gnosis of anything across the surface of Gaia right now is 40. This score can be found in Rudraskha, Omega, Baal, maybe another one or two of the Messengers like The First Chaos and Tiamat. The types of beings which temporarily raises their gnosis while inside of a personal space, such as a Hell or... Domain we can call it, would be Nightmare Lords (Malekith, Tsukiyomi, etc), and Infernal Dukes/Kings (high ranked Demons of the 3rd and 2nd Hierarchy).
>>
>>53549728
>stamp of Abel
I now imagined a literal stamp with Abel who points two tumbs up, on it.
>>
>>53549989
>...temporarily raise their gnosis to 40 while inside of*

Fuck me today.
>>
I wish I was retarded like you. I want to play it in a setting that doesn't suck.
>>
>>53549989
>The highest possible Gnosis of anything across the surface of Gaia right now is 40

There is two beings who have walked on it who have 45. One is the space time god and I think the other is unknown. The highest current is 40 though yeah.

>The First Chaos and Tiamat

I'd honestly rate the guy who will end the world as having higher then Tiamat. Tiamat is on the lower end of the messengers.
>>
Alright, who is your messenger-fu, shajad-fu and beryl-fu?
>messenger
Glaudio fenstermacher Hringham for second place
>Shajad
Jedah
>Beryl
Barakiel
>>
>>53550218
It's actually just one. Tawil At-U'mr. No one else. Baal is the closest though.

Funnily though, Gaira's Avatar must have only been 40 Gnosis despite its absolutely retarded power level being enough to just destroy half of the Imperium or whatever alone.

The First Chaos, some spanish players theorize to be Gnosis 40 because it's possible it's the primordial deity just under Tawil. Let me find its name... "Father of Chaos" Athoz. This is because Carlos said the top three deities are 45/540/40, and Tawil At-U'mr is the 45, so the other two are 40.

As for Tiamat, the demon kings like Astaroth are 35, so it's possible for her to be Gnosis 40 (especially inside of her hell, where just like all other demons, she would definitely be 40), but it's more likely for her to be 35. I'm just counting her inside of her hell however.
>>
>>53549942
They are more psychotic on a base by base basis but even out (gemini, grey, maria are "normal") in the end. Or they just look like clown retards (justine, justine's bff), some are outright mental but I doubt they are let out (lostaroth).

You can trust inquisitors as long you are an average person and shit.
>>
>>53550291
Don't know jackshit about messengers so i'm not gonna ask the first one.
>Beryl
Azrael because hero who leads by example is best trope. Also deus vult.
>Shajad
Eriol just because of the sheer clusterfuck potential.
>>
>>53532466
I'm too lazy to figure that out, but floating those names around, I can confirm that the first guess here >>53523192 was correct.
>>
>>53550291
Ergo mundus because he is property.
Abel
Also abel.
Who /teamabel/
>>
>>53550358
Eriol IS uriel.
>>
>>53550393
Nah, they are incredibly similar but they are different entities.
>>
>>53550423
Has anyone seen them together?
>>
>>53550300

I'm pretty sure they actually said those beings don't even have a gnosis at this point. They are so far out of the scale they have whatever number they choose or no number depending.
>>
>>53550443
It literally says so in the core.
>>
>>53526192
>Existential barrier
>Over 100,000 individual attacks in one round
>>
>>53549852
>Setting wise, you will only ever see a Secondary skill above 280
>Imperium
>Gnosis 50 gods
>Karla Rah.
>>
>>53550474
Well, Gaira and the others like him are likely unstatted because it makes sense for them to be unstatted. Only one Gnosis 50 being ever existed, and it was either A, killed by the fledgling Imperium, or B, it never actually existed in the first place/died during "Oblivion". So naturally Gaira and C'iel couldn't be that hah.

Gaira's Avatar though, it certainly has a gnosis. In Gaia II, it's explained that the Eye of God, a gigantic battlestation that dominates all of the icy isle of Bekuse north of Bekent, contains the (half alive?) corpse of Gaira's Avatar. If it's full power is unleashed, even for just a single hour, it could annihilate the entire world and kill pretty much everyone. If that battlestation is that powerful, certainly, the actually alive and kicking avatar could shred a good part of the Imperium on its own, not to mention any other incredibly powerful threats it had to face during the War of Heaven.
>>
>>53550512
Not how they work m8
>>
>>53550561
Pffft, my bad anon, I typo'ed. You will never see a skill above 280.

Now, I wasn't including the Imperium because it makes no sense to include them. We're talking about the PC's naturally, not the godly overseers of existence. As I just explained here, >>53550564 there never really was a Gnossi 50 God (which are called "Absolute Creators" by the Imperium), because such a being contains all of reality within itself. Basically its a whole universe in of itself. And that damn explains well why "Oblivion" as mentioned early in the fluff section of the core book could have happened. When it died, humanity was basically reset to zilch.

And no, Karla Rah did not have skills over 280, not even Rah did, or hell, his grandfather Iscariot before him. Or for that matter, the goddamns great Andromalius of the Solomon Empire.

Source, Spanish forums and AS's responses combined with Light's information pulled from private conversations held with AS.
>>
>>53550605
>andry
>not a BITCH
How much time does it take to cook a steak solomon style?

Eight hours.
>>
>>53550597
He abused the hell out of one of the martial techniques you can learn. Basically he set off a loop that let him break the system in half by doing a stupid amount of damage over 3-4 rounds. Then converting all that damage into system breaking numbers of extra attacks a round.

>>53550564
>Only one Gnosis 50 being ever existed

Huh, Could have sworn there is more outside of the universe Gaia is in. Been quite a while since I caught up with the lore. I'm pretty sure last I read Imperium killed one.
>>
>>53550639
Seven Hours Anon! I think Andromalius is a great character because of his colossal hubris mixed with his pragmatism really. But that may be because that's how i handle him in my games hah.

Fun trivia. Andromalius is a Level 13 invokation available as an Incarnation that summons technomagic marionettes to battle with him. He uses pistols, rifles, explosives, etc, to screw over his enemies as much as possible before actually engaging them.
>>
>>53550695
The specifics aren't really there, but the most up-to-date information we have from the Spanish forums pinpoints either A, it was killed by the Imperium/died out naturally around the time of Oblivion, or B, it never existed in the first place and reality was just godless naturally.
>>
>>53550695
Once you reach the barrier the damage stops until next round anon
>>
>>53550708
I like my steak well done and with ketsup
>>
>>53550605
>Gnossi 50 God (which are called "Absolute Creators" by the Imperium)

That's actually really interesting to me. This makes them far more deadly then I thought. I've always thought that if imperum really wanted to find one they could.

>And no, Karla Rah

I would have thought given she tried to summon Tawil At-U'mr himself she would need to have some skills above that range. Otherwise that is batshit that she pulled that off.
>>
>>53550732
Interesting. We've always read that as it blocks the damage done to that point but if if right afterwards someone did another attack it could drop them under. if it is round based that makes that power much stronger then I thought. Instead of just being a can't be nuked power.
>>
>>53550763
It is a "spend some turns fighting me you turd" power
>>
>>53483559

Combat boost that stacks with everything.
>>
>>53550739
Oooooh true, forgot about that. Well, it's possible that she had a summon skill of 340 or so and had a +60 with Destiny or whatnot to give herself a good chance. I was talking mostly about secondaries in that regard. It'd make sense for the summoning skill of a Conclave member like her to have been beyond even Genma or Jigoku no Kami hah.

Here, take a gander at this.

>The system is pretty complex, since it measures both type (Alpha, Beta, Sigma, Omega) and “confrontation level” (C, B, A, A+, A++, A+++).
>That way, you could find an entity categorized a Beta A, Sigma C, Alpha A+++).
>Alpha measures higher Demigods, Beta are Minor-Medium Gods, Sigma are pantheon lords / heads (some time even minor creators) and finally Omega are supreme creators / absolute beings.

Words of AS himself on the new GoM forums. The entire-universe clarification was made on the Spanish forums somewhere... I cannot remember if it was in the old ones sadly.
>>
>>53550148
I think one can easily change the setting
>>
>>53550868
Gnosis wise, these values correspond to this,
>Omega - 50
>Sigma - 45
>Beta - 40
>Alpha - 35

Some people like to add,

>Gamma - 30

Which I do myself actually.
>>
>>53550868
>finally Omega are supreme creators / absolute beings.

This makes me want to see Imperium vs one now. They sound a lot more threatening then the last time I was reading the lore. Which made it sound like it would be a breeze for them.

> I was talking mostly about secondaries in that regard.

Makes sense. What I am getting from this is anyone who can consistently break 440 in alchemy has shattered the setting in half.
>>
>>53550887
That's what I did when I was still into this game system. The game has rules for modern and other kinds of settings for conversions.
>>
>>53550929
Anyone who can break 440 on alchemy makes a imperium-phone and says "I start tomorrow, I have my office and you may call me Oh Supreme Lord"
>>
>>53550929
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, damn straight. The Infinite Orb "only" has 380 Occult and Magical Appraisal, which is a rough %40 chance to hit 440 Zen. Essentially, a divine artifact that is a living library of all genetic material and nearly any possible occult topic... still only has a 380. Puts some shit into perspective (like Arcane Compendium, what the fuck).

And Gnosis 50 Beings generally win combats by saying "Fuck you" and hacking reality (Their Anima/Animus is so high they can do this). It's possible they could kill their opponents before they even draw their weapons by wishing for that result to occur. It's either like warping space/time or altering probability to the extent that anything the creature desires is possible, regardless of how low the chance it is for it to occur.

Against the Imperium or several 45 Gnosis Beings, a Gnosis 50 Being would need combat skill however. With enemies so close to your own divinity, your own reality hacking powers aren't as directly effective.
>>
>>53550949
> 440 on alchemy makes a imperium-phone and says "I start tomorrow, I have my office

What's worse that is how that game actually ended. The PCs basically after a three year long campaign gained Imperium's attention and asked if they were hiring. After which point there really wasn't a story left to tell.
>>
>>53550990
>not playing the office meets parks and recreations and workaholics
>>
>>53550985
>Against the Imperium or several 45 Gnosis Beings, a Gnosis 50 Being would need combat skill however. With enemies so close to your own divinity, your own reality hacking powers aren't as directly effective.

Yeah I remember that being mentioned. Something like at 40 you are effected but won't get instant killed. 45 you can fight but will be weakened and 50 you can fight evenly. Anyone bellow 40 just gets auto erased.
>>
>>53551007
It makes one wonder at how crazy the War in the Heavens were, where the Creators and all their allies fought amongst themselves. The Imperium certainly stockpiled much of its Anima/Animus during that time hah.

I think it was like, Gnosis 40 = %25 effectiveness and Gnosis 45 = %50 effectiveness, but don't quote me on that. That may be how I just parsed it myself.
>>
>>53550990
You know, considering how incompetent the Imperium is most of the time, anon >>53551002 here has a point. It'd be a hilarious management game to play a high-level Imperium Agent game up on one of their satellite bases. Imagine the fuckery of having all that power, but sucking at using it.
>>
>>53551002
All I can see now is a campaign about the drunken shenanigans the office workers of imperium get up to. Might explain half the shit they do.
>>
>>53551064
>I might have releases superanthrax on the air vents.
>why
>i have 3 ranks on klutz I am a summoner dude
>>
>>53551057
>It'd be a hilarious management game to play a high-level Imperium Agent

Yeah. The big thing was we were already slightly above Kisdan's level at that point. So the GM kind of just ran out of plausible ideas for challenges once he realized we didn't mind signing up.

If I could go back in time I would likely would have tossed some plot ideas his way to see if any worked out for him.

>You know, considering how incompetent the Imperium is most of the time

I still laugh at half the things that went on with Omega. Let alone all shit they get involved in and just leave hanging.
>>
>>53551135
Theresia from Gaia II (if you know what that was) is the most catastrophic series of fuck-ups imaginable, and it's great. I'd love to play a campaign built around the children of the Jürgand agents stranded there, but sadly no one i know would go for it yet. I need to update my goddamn Imperium homebrew on the official forums sheesh...
>>
>>53551225
>children of the Jürgand agents

All I really remember learning about this situation was that the Jürgand agents where level 15, There was an immense fuck up, And I think a godlike higher being is the reason they could have children.

But all I need to hear is that there was elite Jürgand agents who took to the farmers life to already know it's a clusterfuck beyond saving. Because what the hell would make that a reasonable choice?
>>
>>53550372
Oh, well in that case, nice to sorta meet you. I've heard quite a bit about you.
>>
>>53551135
>lets make soul eating weapons
>that evolve
>we'll get em later lmolaa
>lets also release a very popular demigod
>WHAT CAN FUCKING GO WRONG?!
>>
>>53551332
The worst part about this for me was the moment I realized they were doing this to try to get a weapon that could kill Gaira and C'iel. Because that doesn't sound like a spectacularly bad idea in and of itself.
>>
>>53549746
What if the PCs were to somehow lay their hands on Longinus?
>>
>>53551273
Jürgand agents can have have children naturally, they aren't sterile. It's more a situation of the Imperium tightly controlling their breeding programs.Occasionally, two Jürgand agents can make babies, but only if the Imperium's mad scientists decide the pair's genes would work well together.

And yes, it's the most colossal fuck-up imaginable. The one named third-in-command of the Rosencroft Patriarchy, Udyr (, Tao) is the only agent with a level, so we have to work from there. Their patriarchs were incredibly powerful, so level 17-18 could work for them, while the second in commands were probably Level 15-16.

Forum trivia (not fully official, but very educated guesses)

>Jurgand agent Level 9
>Jurgand agent experienced 10-12
>Jurgand protodeus Level 13+
>Domine Level 15 (Some domine can be protodeus)
>Beginner Patriarch Level 16
>Most current patriarchs are level 17+

More trivia from the forums (Not official this time, just good forum consensus)

>A+++: Deus Machina required and possibly higher (So far they probably only have the Shajads, Beryls, Gaira and C'iel in this category)
>A++: Two or more Patriarchs coordination required or specialized equipment like against the Noths
>A+: One Patriarchate (I would be surprised if Imperium ever send a patriarch alone without a team, if I guess, we look at Theresia history seems to be the case)
>A: A Jurgand squad(this could include a protodeus made for the mission) or godkiller team (Trio like Kisidan during the shadow war)
>B: A Threat (One agent or Godkiller)
>C: Not a threat (level wise at least)
>>
File: 16Gaia II Theresia.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
16Gaia II Theresia.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53551273
On top of my reply here, >>53551558 the situation got to the point that after all the Jürgand Agents were abandoned (and there are 200~ of them), they settled down in village of their own making to live peaceful lives. Hilariously, their kids don't even know their heritage.

Please ignore this linked document. Pretend it doesn't exist. It took me awhile to machine translate all of Gaia II. I'm learning spanish in order to make the translation more accurate.
>>
>>53551286
I'm very surprised someone called me out here.

You can contact me by way of the Dutchman or anyone else that knows me.
>>
>>53550291
>The Unknown
For reasons unknown

>Erebus
Explore your dreams, explore the occult, discover all the secrets.

>Gabriel
LOVE! ALL OF IT!

>>53550300
Reminder that Gabriel walked the earth and even had a human husbando, and she sits at GN 50.

>>53550738
kys

>>53551382
Don't forget that Millennium was the one who gave soon-to-be Lucifer Longinus. And worked with Rah. And may have been involved in Eljared's little ruckus.

Speaking of Eljared, is she actually El Hazared? Has anything been said about that person?
>>
>>53551474
I personally think that a weapon like Longinus is Omega's weakness, so if you were somehow able to separate him from it (nasty 19 Dex), then it'd make fighting him a lot easier. Its abilities are for one, disgusting, and two, it's plot-wise probably going to tear out maybe a couple of his Monster Powers.
>>
>>53551600
Carlos said only one Being of 45 Gnosis walked the Gaia, and that nothing of 50 Gnosis ever did either.

So trivia that's relevent here. During the Breach of the Heavens where Eljared did whatever the hell she did, Jedah took mortal form and walked the earth as a Gnosis 40 being, doing his shit. Literally, the Imperium had a chance to actually kill him there, but they failed to detect him in time to assemble the massive amount of force necessary. So yeah, I'd put Gabriel's mortal incarnation at Gnosis 40 too hah. (Gaira told him that if he died, he was fucked. Jedah was perfectly fine with that)
>>
>>53551558
Yeah these levels are about what I imagined. I tend to run with the average Jurgand being 10 though.

>>53551558
> they aren't sterile

I think I was thinking about the protodeus there.
>>
>>53551643
Udyr is a Protodeus, but she can have babies, she has a single daughter as far as I remember. It's possible that some Protodeus can't have kids though, probably depends on which specific deity they got intertwined with or whatnot.
>>
>>53551474
>what if a more stupid goup than imperium got longinus
Bad end
>>
>>53550291
>messenger
Eltheldrea Easily. Yami in second place.
>Shajad
Jedah
>Beryl
Gabriel
>>
>>53551688
longinus isn't too big of a deal. The bigger issue will be anyone that has that had to have killed omega. Which will get all kinds of attention.

>>53551681
That's kind of weird. COuld have sworn I read somewhere Imperium has a habit of making sure anyone with God DNA isn't reproducing anytime soon.
>>
>>53551688
I was more asking if, should they somhow manage to release and off Omega, and then touch Longinus, would there be a chance of it transferring the GN into them, and bumping them up in GN? Would it be divided between the players if they grabbed it at the same time?
>>
>>53551600
And yes, I can confirm that Eljared is Elhazzared. Gaia II has her make that exact quote. She says, "They will not forget my name, Elhazzared" or something like that, said skywards right before all hell broke loose.
>>
>>53551713
It's also possible that since the agents in Theresia live apart from the Imperium, that they were able to evade any long-term sterilization drugs snuck into their food or whatnot. So perhaps outside of that controlled environment (if you read that PDF you'll see what I mean) they could just be normal people if with planet destroying superpowers.
>>
>>53551733
That kind of felt like a one time thing to me. Like Omega stabbed Abel then the pillar eat him and the backlash drove him crazy and transferred more power then expected. I wouldn't think just touching it would transfer all of it.
>>
>>53551734
>Confirmed
Sweet. I had thought either she was, or that maybe the Empress was a descendant of Elhazzared, only because of her unique ability to defy fate.
>>53551768
Ah, yeah, okay. Just trying to cover my bases.
>>
>>53551598
I might just do that.

And if you end up looking for me, the name's Cayenne, Frank, and Stagio will come in handy.
>>
So selene and back sun get on a relevant fight.
Who wins?
>>
RAH DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>53551867
Depends on who is there and why they are fighting. If black sun had prep time I would bet on them.
>>
>>53550605
>Light's
This guy is the biggest faggot I've ever seen. He's also an obnoxious power level fan.
>>
Does anyone have the Perfect World guide?
>>
>>53551867
Black Sun just hast to postpone the fight, until every member of Selene realices leaves the order
>>
>>53551894
Well I can't say he's the biggest faggot I've seen (OP for instance), but certainly he has a raging erection for power levels and stuff. Generally however, his information is really damn accurate because of a lot of conversation between him and AS/Carlos.
>>
>>53551867
Black Sun accidentally themselves when their latest creation goes berserk.
Selene agents go to wipe out the survivors, only to find the Brotherhood of Raksasha has beaten them to the punch.
A few sisters are triggered.
>>
>>53551951
Disnt he sperg out and made AS quit the spanish forums?

Crio repelente psh.
>>
>>53552049
Wouldn't know about that, he seems to be talking to AS well enough on the new GoM forums.
>>
>>53551931
No one? I swear I'll never find it. I can't believe no one has leaked it.
>>
>>53552139
I like to think that everyone who got the PWG kept it to themselves out of a desire to keep to Carlos' wishes, but perhaps there's some annoying watermark in it or something. I wouldn't know, I don't have one myself (despite paying 1,000 for the original kickstarter, which to some extent annoys me).

Eventually, someone will leak it. I don't believe Carlos will go back on his promise to keep it exclusive, so it likely won't ever be purchasable.
>>
>>53552176
>I wouldn't know, I don't have one myself (despite paying 1,000 for the original kickstarter, which to some extent annoys me).
You should try contacting Carlos. I'd be livid if that happened to me. I've seen him be active on the GoM forums and e-mailed him a few times.

Chances are he'll keep it exclusive. That's pretty much what he told me.
>>
>>53552205
Carlos doesn't care much about it being backer exclusive, but he thinks it's unfair to give backer rewards to others without permission of all the backers. And already one douchebag already said "I want it exclusive" so he respected his wishes and decided to not release it to the public.

On the now dead EdgeEnt forum, they posted a few of the stats of the characters on the book, but unless someone save them they are lost to time.
>>
Does anyone know, how much throught the team put into most misteries of Gaia or did they just have secrets for the sake of secrets?
Not that I think giving the gm some room for his own interpretations is something bad, but for my taste they overdid it with the amount and persentation.
>>
>>53552845
>they overdid it with the amount and persentation.
Almost all of Anima's lore is like that. Quite frequently, I find it to be bullshit considering how many "official" answers there are. It's like Carlos is waiting for more anime and manga to rip off.
>>
>>53552978
>It's like Carlos is waiting for more anime and manga to rip off.
Did he already Attack on Titan?
>>
>>53552978
Sasuga carlos!
Truly /ourguyest/
>>
Anyone else interested in another thread?
>>
>>53553052
Why not?

Add the gaia 2 pdf someone ppsted
>>
>>53552845
I think its so much to give a hand to first time GMs to get a feel of the setting itself, and what types of things happen on where. And the scales of games can vary a lot, and you kinda need options everywhere. The first game I run ended up with the PCs going around the entire continent looking for clues of their own respective backstories, so all of the hooks were useful to tie in quick plots and give players some options. The other game, albeit shorter, they barely left the starting province, and so the mysteries on the books are good to get a few good plots at the same time.

And honestly, most of the secrets are there because of the slow release of books, not so much because they wanna keep them ambiguous. The oldest Spanish forum had shitloads of interviews with canon-ish responses for the mysteries, but they felt like unless they explored it deep with another release, giving a real answer is against the purpose of the game.
>>
>>53553145
Done.

>>53553297
>>53553297
>>53553297
New thread if anyone is interested. Anima discussion is too rare.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.