[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 37

File: 1471225207056.jpg (441KB, 1550x675px) Image search: [Google]
1471225207056.jpg
441KB, 1550x675px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to RAGENet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53425837
>Put_The_Trogs_Where_They_Belong__JOIN HUMANIS_TODAY.ARO
>One_Less(Dragon).splfml
>ANTI_AWAKENED_SENTIMENT_ON_THE_RISE?.news
>NIGHT_OF_RAGE_HACKED.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 66666 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running HATE.BTL...

>Shoot EVERYONE
>Conserve NOBODY
>And ALWAYS PLAN TO KILL A DRAGON

FURY EDITION
Who does your character hate?
Those filthy Trogs?
Those snobby Elves and Dwarves?
Those oppressing Humans?
Those overbearing Awakened?
Those dangerous TMs?
Those unnatural Changelings and Metasapients?
Those controlling Dragons and Immortal Elves?
Those devouring Corps?
Those murderous Terrorists and Anarchists?
Everyone?
>>
anarchists ruin whatever political or economic movement they attach themselves to.
They are parasites that suck the legitimacy out of any group protesting their grievances.
They are violent without strategy.
>>
Why did CGL make it so the Tarot tradition was incompatible with the Arcana mentor spirit, when thematically they should be going together like chocolate and milk?
>>
>>53476038
>Why did CGL do [stupid thing]?
Really chummer? What did you expect?
Wait until the german team had a look over it, maybe they'll fix that
>>
File: loli_infiltrator.jpg (179KB, 1378x1600px) Image search: [Google]
loli_infiltrator.jpg
179KB, 1378x1600px
Lolis should have a bonus to sneak and dodge pool because they're small.
>>
>>53476340
>Holding a flashlight
>When you have a flashlight on your gun

??
>>
>>53476440
I think that's a laser-module, mate.

Also: Anyone else not getting karma deducted when they purchase mental attributes on sum-to-10 on the latest Chummer nightly?
>>
>>53476440
t-a-c-t-i-c-o-o-l
>>
>>53476462
Looks like both to me.
>>
>>53476440
Allows you to illuminate something without pointing your gun at it, which could come in handy.
>>
>>53476340

Isn't that how Star Lord grew up?
>>
>>53476440

>pointing your gun at something just to see it

??
>>
>>53476340
loli's should have a penalty to STR, Etiquette, Con and reduced RC due to being ill fitting in most situations and being weaker
>>
>>53476462
Same here, latest nightly's have been fucked for whatever reason.
>>
I got a 5e first timer run coming up and it seems like technomancer, sammy & face are spoken for.

Probably going to end up mage.

Anything I have to know or useful tips before I hit the rulebook? Any common pitfalls to avoid for a first time mage?
>>
File: 1483609025768.jpg (362KB, 1150x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1483609025768.jpg
362KB, 1150x1450px
>>53476638
>seeing something
>not wanting to shoot it

It's like you didn't even read OP
>>
>>53476736
Willpower is your friend. Always try to have at least one combat spell, and then maybe Increase Reflexes and Armor (those are my preference though). From there, make sure you get a tradition that flows with your theme, as that determines your OTHER non-Willpower drain stat. (It's usually Logic or Intuition outside of a few small edge cases)
>>
>>53476736
Mage is easy mode. You don't need more than 1 or 2 combat spells, grab a load of utility spells instead to amplify your team.
And whatever you do, HIDE THE FACT YOU ARE A MAGE. Wear armour, buy a rifle.
>>
>>53476736
The saying goes "geek the mage".
If people can tell you're the mage, they're going to shoot for your ass.
>>
>>53475748
My runner is a professional, So she hasn't let her hatred show...But she really doesn't like 'Faces' in an abstract sense. Charismatic assholes who think they are hot shit.
>>
>>53476893
That is some seriously underrated advice right there.
You see three dudes, one is brimming with chrome, Ones got a karate gi on and a headband, and the third is wearing robes and holding a staff. You kinda know exactly who to shoot first.
>>
>>53476644
Etiquette is used for multiple things, so a flat negative is bad. But they should get modifier penalties in a lot of situations.

Neoteny already gives you a penalty to physical boxes, so a penalty to BOD is redundant. You're right on STR though.

Also by being the little girl you are the last person to be suspected of anything which is invaluable.

>>53476440
She could have had the handheld torch out when she suddenly had to draw the pistol, the pistol's torch could be low-light only, or the handheld could have more lumens which is handy for blinding enemies in the dark.
>>
>>53476571
What's star lord?
>>
>>53477795
Why the geek the made motto? Never once in my games has the mage ever been the big threat during combat. It's always been the sam/adept with 20 dice kicking everything in the first round. Tue mage is usually there for moral support.
>>
>>53478882
The mage is going to die when you shoot him, Also this.
VISCERA WEB
(Blood, Physical, Damaging)
Type: P Range: LOS
Duration: S Drain: F + 4
A horrific spell, this causes widespread ruptur-
ing across the target’s body as their veins shoot
out to adhere to the environment surrounding
them. This incapacitates them with extraordinary
damage and pain, plus the fact that their living
veins stick to the floor, walls, and ceiling. Any
damage caused cutting them down may cause
them to bleed out—assuming they survived the
initial spell. The caster must win a Spellcasting
+ Magic vs. Body (+ Counterspelling) Opposed
Test. Additionally, the spell’s Force must equal or
exceed the target’s Body. Non-living material—in-
cluding clothing, gear, and cyberware—are not af-
fected. The target’s Agility is reduced by every net
hit on the Spellcasting test. If Agility is reduced to
0, the target becomes fused to the nearest solid
surface and unable to move their limbs without
causing further damage to themselves. The tar-
get can painfully tear themselves free, though this
causes additional damage equal to the net hits on
the Spellcasting test and one additional box of
Physical damage every (Body) minutes until they
receive medical attention to stop the bleeding.
>>
>>53478882
Mages can mind control enemies, can call in spirits, can buff the rest of the team, turn people invisible, prevent you from reloading, turn into a monster, go as fast as a street sam, AND MORE. They are a wildcard that can do huge amounts of damage unchecked.
>>
>>53479204
>>53478882
They're also usually the easiest damage source to first-pass geek.
>>
How important are magical societies when making a mage?
>>
>>53478882
Mages can do almost everything that any other character can do, with only a turn or two preparation (or less if they have enough foci). This means that neutralising a mage can be bloody hard, or mitigating their potential damage.
The street sam may look threatening because he has a huge gun, but the quiet mage only needs a few seconds to mind control you. Or to levitate you so you can't run away. Or summon a huge spirit that's immune to your puny low-calibur weapons. You have no idea which of their infinite tools they are hoing to pull out of their Bat-utility belt, so you have to end them hard and fast.
>>
>>53479982
nice but not necessary
Magical groups can be useful in getting reagents, foci, information and as help during initiation
But not having one at the start is not a big problem
>>
>street grimoire specifies preferred spells per tradition
Is that just for fluff?
>>
Okay, there is a Cyberpunk thread so I will ask here.
What's the name of that Cyberpunk homebrew that sort of modernizes the setting?
>>
So, I'm a dumbass and I'm new to Shadowrun. My friends are new to Shadowrun, too. I checked out the core rulebook, and hoo boy, it's massive. I still want to play, though, and none of us are deterred.

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to learn every system? What's a good place to start at?
>>
>>53480929
If you and your friends are okay with it, you could maybe afford to skip most of the matrix stuff and just have an NPC handle that stuff for you. The Matrix is probably the most awkward and complex part of the rules.
>>
>>53480929
If you're going to run you don't need to know every system, just have some familiarity.

The cheat sheets can help out quite a bit, as can the index of stuff in the back of the book.
>>
>>53480929
well, first of all: yes, you will need to read a SHIT TON of stuff, not just the core book, but all the splats too
That said
In the OP Pastebin is a link to the Mediafire. It contains all the books as PDFs. GET THEM THERE.
Second: Also in the mediafire, in the 5e folder, are the Hayek Sheets. These are summaries on how those systems work
Third: Get chummer5. The link is in the OP. It will make the CharGen bearable. The developer posts here as Yekka.
Fourth: As >>53480965 said you can just skip the matrix and let it be handled with a NPC. The matrix was never good, in any edition.
Fifth: If you have questions try to look for answers yourself through Google. If you looked an couldn't find stuff ask here. If you want help with a Char Sheet print it to PDF and post it here
>>
>>53480929
My general suggestion for starting groups is to use only (ONLY) the core rulebook, skip Chummer, and mess around with some gang-wars type of thing for the first few sessions. The power level's easy to work with and you can adjust it up or down pretty well, then once things are going strong there's infinite options.

Most people use every splatbook under the sun but personally I think it's usually in everyone's best interest to keep the level of system bloat to the lowest level possible.
>>
>>53481226
>use only (ONLY) the core rulebook, skip Chummer
do you enjoy giving bad advice?
Restricting to CRB? Sure, unpleasant, unnecessary, but possible
But not using Chummer? For what Reason?
>>
>>53481313
Because if you're brand new to the game, reading through the entire chargen section is going to be necessary anyway, so you might as well just do that with a piece of scratch paper. Chummer's great if you already know the rules but if you don't, it's a lot more flipping pages.
>>
Should I be deeply concerned when my mentor spirit warned me that a great darkness is coming, and last night one of my crew had a dream of a empty, barren Seattle twenty years after the end of the world and woke up with the injuries she had sustained in the dream and a tooth buried in her back from a beast none of us can identify? Because i'm not getting paid enough for this world saving drek and don't think any of my contacts could help in the event of cataclysm.
>>
>>53481567
It's probably fine.
>>
>>53481640
that's a relief, omae. Was scared I'd have to do something other then grab a few soy dogs from the shack and watch some trid tonight.
>>
>>53481567
Stop mixing liquor and kamikaze. Also, maybe invest in some Athabaskan real estate.
>>
>>53481729
Nah, don't worry. Maybe take a couple of days off, you're worth it.
>>
>>53480613
Yep. Don't feel like you need to take them.
>>
>>53481567
What mentor spirit do you have? THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
Making a mage. I'm reading through corebook & street grimoire. Anything I'm missing?
Any reason not to go balls deep on magic attribute and pack as many spells as I can?
>>
>>53481918
Only reason not to have mag 6 is cyberware.
>>
Chummers, I'm afraid of bogging my DM down too much with these inane Goggle questions i've been having, I spared you guys three other stupid ones but now I don't want to bother my GM with these stupid ones.
1. Can the goggles themselves be NVG, And if they are will this property extend to or be overwritten by cameras inside them?
2. Can the goggles contain multiple cameras? If so, Can i switch between them, And if so free action or what?
>>
>>53482110
>Can the goggles themselves be NVG
I'm not sure what you mean by NVG, but I'm guessing Night Vision Goggles
And if they are Night Vision, then they are just Goggles with Low-Light Vision in them already. Getting more stuff won't overwrite the LLV

>Can the goggles contain multiple cameras?
Why would you want multiple cameras in there?
>>
>>53482173
2 Was sorta a subset of one, So if a set of goggles has Low Light Vision, then a camera in those goggles has it too?
I'm trying to work without going over 12 avail and having trouble so I figured I might have to take a second camera just for nightvision if the goggles themselves couldn't hold it.
>>
>>53482189
Chummer, I'm really not sure what you are trying to ask
If you have NVG, then you basically have a pair of goggles, that contain a camera and the LLV mod.
If you look through then you can see stuff for which the ambient light would have been too low
If you add to these goggles a Thermographic Vision mod, then you can amplify ambient light or convert Infrared light into normal vision spectrum
Adding a second camera won't do anything, since the mod is in the whole set of goggles
If it's too much Avail then you need to choose which mods you take, buy some mods now and put some others in in-game, or just take two sets of goggles, with the mods split between those
>>
>>53481918
Getting a high magic is usually your best option as a dedicated mage, but make sure to check out spirits and alchemy as well as spells, as being able to provide a wide range of benefits in a wide range of situations is useful.
>>
>>53482261
Goggles (Rating 3)
-- Camera (Rating 4)
--- Smartlink
--- Flare Compensation
--- Magnification and Enchancment
Low Light
Image Link
Does that help clarify the question? I'm asking if while looking through the camera it has the benefit of the low light vision that the goggles themselves have but the camera does not.
>>
>>53481918
A mage will usually want no less than magic 5, and often even that only because there's 'ware that they felt were worth the benefits.

A few things that might tempt you away from Mag 6 include things that boost your drain pool, cybereyes for thermal and low light, and drug boosters.

But even then, you may not be able to afford those hits.
>>
>>53482021
If you are doing sumto10 is there any reason not to grab exceptional attribute for MAG 7?
>>
>>53482320
Exceptional Attribute cant be used on MAG for one.
>>
>>53482290
A really stringent reading of the rules would suggest that the camera would need it's own mods.
>>53482320
Exceptional Attribute for Magic isn't legal. Sorry chummer!
>>
>>53482337
Ah. Well that's that, then.
>>
>>53482320
>>53482337
>>53482363
>>53482373
What, no, it can. The text literally says that it also applies to special attributes like Mag or Res (but not Edge, that's Lucky).

The main reasons not to are that the GM doesn't allow it, and that it's three quarters of the way to some serious cheese for anyone that can summon.
>>
>>53482320
>>53482363
Wait sorry, my mistake, it's totally legal.
>>
>>53482363
Alright, I'll assume thats the case then, And now we can move to question 2: Multiple cameras in one set of goggles, And what would be required to switch them? Is it even worth the effort for negating a -3 at that point?
>>53482390
You cant have more MAG than you have Essence. So you need to get another point of essence, which is much harder, before you can have 7 MAG I would think.
>>
>>53481832
Wise Warrior. If it was something like the Raven spirit my physical mentor told me about I'd just laugh it off as a ruse. But the spirit seems pretty insistent, so I've been trying to stock up on ammo and canned goods just in case.
>>
>>53482409
Just go out and shoot every Azzie you see. Eventually you'll get to the one that's gonna kill everyone.
>>
>>53482400
Exceptional Attribute literally lets you have an attribute (other than edge) at one over your maximum.

The metahuman maximum for Magic (and Resonance) is Essence+Initiations(Submersions). Exceptional Attribute then makes it Essence+Initiations+1.

And so somebody with Exceptional Attribute could have .8 Essence and still be magical, because with the exception of AI depth, a decrease in Essence corresponds to an equal drop in the special attribute. It's just a horrible waste of points overall to do this on an Adept or Mage.
>>
>>53482290
>if while looking through the camera
chummer, you can't see through the camera
you could only see it if it was sent to your commlink and from that to your goggles
And I'm pretty sure that a smartlink in a camera would be pretty stupid
So this would seem better (or at least saner)

Goggles R3
>Flare Compensation (because you are shielding the whole set, not just the camera)
>Image Link (to collect and send the data to the whole set)
>Smartlink (because all it does is display things)
>Camera R3
>>Low-Light
>>Vision Enhancement X (you need a rating on it)
>>Vision Magnification

Total Avail 5R
Total cost 3975 Y

>>53482400
>Multiple cameras in one set of goggles, And what would be required to switch them?
Not sure if there is an official rule, but I'd say that you switch between the actual mods, not the cameras directly.
If you have Camera 1 (LLV, Thermo) and Camera 2 (Vision Enhancement X, Vision Magnification) then it takes the same action flipping from LLV to Thermo, as LLV to VM. Managing the flip between the feeds is done by the processor in the Goggles and should IMO be a Free action
>>
>>53482409
>Wise Warrior
You don't have to worry about what the spirit of alzheimers is saying, friend. Just relax, take it easy.
>>
>>53482505
That makes a lot more sense, Gonna swap em all around to be in that order and it'll be way less confusing to understand. Thanks for the help omae.
>>
>>53482606
Just be aware that I used VE 1 in that example
If you want it higher the price rises as well

>captcha: Midway centre
yes captcha, that's usually where the center is. In the middle
>>
What's a good price for an alligator hide? I have found absolutely nothing indicating the market value of creatures.
>>
>>53482784
Chris Plott, president and chief executive officer of Griffin, GA-based American Tanning & Leather, buys wild hides from hunters and dealers throughout Louisiana. He estimated the average price per foot of hide at about $22-$23.
That's near the average price per foot of hide in 2012, which was $23.50, according to Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries figures.

Find some shit in the books that costs like $20 in real life and there ya go now you know how much nuyen it is.
>>
>>53482505
>And I'm pretty sure that a smartlink in a camera would be pretty stupid
Whatever you put the smartlink in, it gets access to the smartgun system micro camera. (cap 1)
>>
>>53482847
That's per foot though, a typical adult alligator is 8-15 feet, so you're looking at around $160-$360
>>
>>53482899
Not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>53482892
Sure, but the smartlink is just the display part, so putting it into a camera means the data is calculated, turned into AROs, sent to the camera, which then sends it to the goggles to display
Why not just skip the camera part and send it directly from Smartgun to smartlink to goggles
>>
Is rolling a dwarf and stacking high willpower and magic resistance quality a terrible or great idea?
>>
So, I'm going to play changeling chaos mage, and character's true form is amurian tiger. I swear that i'm not a furry, but changeling tigers had exact stats I wanted. What spells will you recommend, guys?
Also, if I'd play adept, would claws+adept shit work?
>>
>>53481567
>none of us can identify
It was a barghest. They went on my back like it was a free buffet before my head turned into a fine red mist from a sniper round.
Crazy shit. I know Longhaul's a drug 'n' all but this is a whole other level, especially when stuff in my apartment's been burned, yet there's no signs of a forced entry.
I'm scared to go back home now, Chummers, just in case it happens again. Is it time to call in an exorcist or something? This shit is beyond me.
And yes you should be fucking deeply concerned.
>>
>>53483553
Dwarves pumping their willpower can be really good if you want to use the high armor cyberlimbs + cyber-singularity-seeker build without being a troll or an orc. Attract attention, try to get shot at, try to get enemies to cluster around you and tell your teammates to chuck grenades at you. You can be a great asset.

The only problem is that Pain Editor makes stun damage, and thus stun track, irrelevant, but in the early game before you have access to that 24F piece of bioware, it's a really great build IMHO.
>>
File: Codex_ME_-_Krogan.png (126KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Codex_ME_-_Krogan.png
126KB, 256x256px
>>53475748
Lets say that for one reason or another, you wanted to play a Krogan in Shadowrun.
Would you keep them in angry dinosaur aliens or just fluff them as a SURGE thing? How do you make them different from trolls?
>>
>>53484195
troll metavarient if you want them to be a species, troll changeling if you want a one-off character
>>
>>53484195
Juat use surge to create the horrifying mutant you are looking for.
>>
>>53484195
I'd make a troll who got a bunch of cosmetic mods to become a Krogan, due to being a huge fan of Mass Effect 3 (the only one of the series which had surviving copies after the Crash)
>>
>>53484347
>he is always looking to find copies of Mass Effect 1 and 2, along with a PC or Console to play them on
>>
>>53484365
>he considers the different colored endings in 3 a manifesto of nihilism, and the superficial nature of choice
>>
>>53484390
Jokes on you, I already consider the 3 flavors of ending a lesson in nihilism.
Fuck you Bioware
>>
Can anyone summarize what body suits are in this game? Can I be wearing it under casual clothes without being overtly noticable?
>>
>>53484423
quick, what are some ME3 quotes he'd say at climactic moments like Jules's bible verse
>>53484440
They're not bulky, but they cover a lot of area so it'd need to be a suit (or similar amounts of clothes) in order to really cover the whole thing.
>>
>>53484477
Holo jumpsuit is my 'casuals' that aren't business casual. and I think that counts as covering.
>>
Cyber vampires/ghouls.
Can I do it?
>>
>>53484508
Infected with cyber? Sure. Vamps with cyber? Harder to manage.
>>
>>53484508
Vampires being regenerative and all is gonna make it really difficult. Not impossible, just more like impossibly expensive for a player.
>>
>>53485025
>Vampires being regenerative and all is gonna make it really difficult
No it isn't. Regen is optional and not available during chargen.

>Many of the qualities have a list of Optional Powers. These powers can be bought with Karma as the campaign progresses; Infected characters do not start with any of these powers. Only one Optional Power can be purchased every two in-game months.
>>
>>53484030
Since stun overflows into physical, and you still take stun damage, it's not irrelevant. IF anything Pain editor allows you to take even more advantage of the high stun track (with a complimentary armour rate for downgrading damage from physical to stun) as can have it filled with damage and suffer absolutely no ill-effects.
>>
>>53481373
The key thing that Chummer brings is doing the math for you; nobody is going to get it right just reading the chargen chapter, if only because there are a thousand modifiers and equations to work out hidden everywhere in the book.

Saying someone new to the game should skip Chummer because they'll be reading the books anyways is flat retarded and bad advice.
>>
>>53486332
There's not very many modifiers if you're making a simple character with core only. The most significant math there is limits, which aren't that easy to fuck up.
>>
File: 5ef2f807691b6e52d2e47a73e6f00d8c.jpg (755KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
5ef2f807691b6e52d2e47a73e6f00d8c.jpg
755KB, 1080x1920px
>>53486332
Keeping in mind of course that in the current batch of nightlies I forgot to include mental attributes in the karma cost method...
>>
So theres a group of shadowrunners fighting another group.

Our decker was curious since hes doing everything in the matrix, but everyone else is doing stuff physically. Would he roll matrix initiative or physical initiative?
>>
>>53486954
Is he in VR? Matrix initiative and he can only take Matrix actions.

Is he in AR? Physical initiative and he can take both Regular and Matrix actions. (with a -2 modifier if he mixes both during a given combat turn)
>>
>>53486987
Thank you
>>
So what are Burnout Adepts good for?
When/why should you go down that path?
>>
>>53487301
sometimes some ware is better than the powers
take boosting your AGI
the two powers that can help you are Increased Attribute and Attribute Boost
Increased Attribute costs 1 PP per rank and increases your AGI by the rank
Attribute Boost makes you roll MAG+Rank and gives you a DPM to all AGI tests. You take (Rank) Drain. it costs 0.5 PP per rank
Muscle Toner costs ~10k, 4R and 0.2 ESS per point of rating and increases your AGI by 1 per point
so for 1PP you get:
>1 higher Agility (Imp. Att)
>a DPM equal to the hits in a (2+MAG) test, with MAG 6 on average 2.33 (Att. Boost)
>4 higher Agility and still some 0.2 ESS before your Magic drops again (though you'd need Restricted Gear to take it in CharGen) or take it used and you still only pay about 1 ESS.
Burnout Way has the advantage that you can get a lot of stuff at effectively Alpha grade for the Standard Price
>>
>>53486463
Karmagen is completely borked in the latest nightlies. Purchasing attributes costs no karma.
>>
>>53487597
It's not just Karma, Priority is borked too.
>>
>>53487597
Latest being 5.193.58? It should all be fixed in that build, aside from that I haven't re-enabled the label for special priority points.
>>
>>53475748
my ork poser hates humans and stupid ass knife ears and the Corps. Especially Horizon. Mind controlling slaggers think they can get away with anything.
>>
>>53487911
Yes, the latest. I can't determine the rhyme or reason, but some attribute points cost karma and others don't.
>>
>>53488423
Which is funny, because the corps are selling human to ork elective cosmetic surgery. It's part of their thing to push goblinoid cosmetic surgery and fill the underground(s) with orks & trolls that are easier to recognise with biometric recognition.
>>
>>53487475
>Attribute Boost makes you roll MAG+Rank and gives you a DPM to all AGI tests. You take (Rank) Drain. it costs 0.5 PP per rank
.25 per rank, omae.
>>
>>53489030
okay, so you roll 4+MAG (average 3.33), get on average 3 dice, which lasts for on average 3 CTs (because AFAIK it lasts for your net hits in CTs), after which you take 4 drain resisted with WIL+BOD

OR, you take Muscle Toner and get a permanent 4 points on AGI, which can only be noticed through a body for check/autopsy (which means you have bigger problems) or through assensing where it's still harder to notice than the adept power
>>
>>53489150
Twice the amount of hits in CT, but yeah.
>>
What's a decent weapon to pair with a riot shield? Trying to build a tanky dwarf street sam here.
>>
>>53489912
Remember those medieval shields that have a small hook shaped recess formed in the side to rest a lance in it while someone jousts? Put a rifle or other two handed gun in it. depending on if you can brace it on the ground like a palisade, you could use an anti materiel rifle.
>>
>>53489934
Didn't even think of that one. That's genius.
>weapon snug in the shield
>melee weapon or backup gun in a quick-draw position just in case

Would be a very neat combination.
>>
File: shield.jpg (15KB, 312x426px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
15KB, 312x426px
>>53489965
There's only two styles I found that i feel would work for bracing on the ground though, a kite or heater shaped shield would not be stable on the ground and people can just shoot your legs.
>>
File: gunner shield.jpg (89KB, 651x811px) Image search: [Google]
gunner shield.jpg
89KB, 651x811px
>>53489987
It'll also be heavy as shit.
>>
>>53484347
>anyone becoming a fan of ME3
doesn't sound too plausible desu
>>
>>53489987
>>53489998
Tricky to determine when you're a dwarf. It could either be more convenient or too clumsy to use.
>>
>>53490009
There are people who like Andromeda.
>>
File: 1459401688759.jpg (238KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1459401688759.jpg
238KB, 1600x1131px
>>53490014
Calling them people is generous. pic unrelated
>>
>>53489998
Good thing dwarves are really strong then.
>>
File: 20050913.jpg (526KB, 887x1209px) Image search: [Google]
20050913.jpg
526KB, 887x1209px
>>53489987
Trolley wheels!
>>
Holy shit alchemy and focus making rules are a headache. Do you need to take those when making a mage?
>>
>>53490165
No, hell no.

Just get a talismonger as a contact.
>>
>>53490165
No, as 5e stands enchanting sucks hard, especially Alchemy. Just get yourself a Talismomger contact and buy for foci.
>>
>>53490089
There are two Colt Manhunter heavy pistols. However if you choose the one that comes with a laser sight as standard you get the one with a holosight instead. Easy to fix manually, it's just a weird quirk.

Also Oak mentor spirit is still acting strange. It lists the Forbidden Arcana mentor spirit correctly when taking the quality, but in the Spells and Spirits window it still shows the old one.
>>
File: C4rcbdIUkAA82_D.jpg (299KB, 2048x1534px) Image search: [Google]
C4rcbdIUkAA82_D.jpg
299KB, 2048x1534px
>>53490281
fgsfds. God damned mentor spirit bullshit why were you coded with strings of all things whyyyyyy

Fuck. Okay, I can fix this.
>>
You can't take centering at chargen right?
>>
>>53490719
Ask your GM.
>>
>>53490719
You can't initiate at chargen, generally.
>>
>>53490521
You're an inspiration omae, don't sweat it.
>>
Ok here is a thing and need someone to correct me if I'm wrong
Say if you do favors for City Spirit and do a lot of them you can get r5 or 6 token. And if you chose for a service the spirit to cast a spell like a Increased Reflex it will also sustain it.
Does that mean you can effectively have spell sustained for a lifetime as long as you are in the wild spirit domain?
>>
Does smoking have any in game effect?
>>
>>53491455
Like regular cigarettes? No, not really. Unless you have a nicotine addiction. There's a lot of other drugs that probably could be smoked.
>>
File: tumblr_on4lepjgwl1sr1ij4o1_1280.jpg (292KB, 1152x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on4lepjgwl1sr1ij4o1_1280.jpg
292KB, 1152x1920px
>>53490719
Can't initiate without GM fiat, so no.
>>53490990
Keep in mind that the spirit will also demand a Status from you in trade, which can be a fairly major undertaking. If you can't fulfil your end of the bargain, or the spirit decides you're trying to game it, it can just stop doing it.

Beyond that, yes. If you can accrue a high enough wild spirit reputation index, you can request that they sustain a spell on you forever.
>>53490838
Should work properly in the next build. You shouldn't need to remove the quality or anything, I built in a shim to create the relevant improvement, but it's going to assume the first mentor spirit it finds with the name is the correct one.
>>
>>53489150
Virtually never worth getting more than one rank, unless you know you're not going to ever properly augment that attribute.
>>
>>53491599
They really should have put these non-burnout spiral addictions under dependent instead.
>>
>>53492226
Sure, but what I wanted to say with it is that if you take a whole PP with them you get on average worse results, at higher visibility, for a lower time and with added drain than with the ware option
If you just take one you get on average 2.33 hits, which means you are in it for 4 rounds on average with minimally better results
>>
>>53488647
????

I've never read anything like that in a book. Reduction surgery and orc posers, yes, but never corps actively trying to make people look more like orcs. Renraku is the one concerned with filling the Seattle Underground, and they want it full of honest product-buying dwarves.
>>
File: 1474026952893.png (82KB, 380x513px) Image search: [Google]
1474026952893.png
82KB, 380x513px
So I'm trying to make some weird hybrid of a face/tanky sort work for me but it's kind of difficult. As much as I wanted the character to be mundane I don't think it's possible to mix social stuff with heavy amounts of cyber and perform well (I'd be happy if anyone corrected me wrong, though).

Then I thought perhaps it could work better as a mundane. It'll be a stretch at first but if I took some points in mystic armor and some face stuff, then also took berserker's rage, I could potentially fulfil both roles to a certain extent. I want them to charge into battle and shout orders to everyone else, as well as intimidating the opposition (or potentially distracting them to relieve his teammates from enemy fire).

I'm probably totally wrong on something though, so I could use the honest advice, chummers.
>>
>>53493306
*as an adept
Please ignore my blatant retardation.
>>
>>53493306
You could probably go mundane, and invest skill in being good at gunning, running, and every social skill. Then buy the heaviest armour you can find, tailored pheromones, bone density augmentation, and orthoskin. It ought to be feasible at chargen.
>>
>>53493025
>I've never read anything like that in a book.
Then you haven't read enough. Crack open Chrome Flesh. You'll have to find the bit about orks being less susceptible to biometrics before the surgery yourself, but it's in there.

> Here’s a weird one for you: Rumor has it that Renraku’s offering cut-rate deals on human-ork treatments. Not orkhuman, but human-ork. It seems that they plan on staffng the Underground with “acceptable-looking” orks and are fnding it easier to convert existing employees to the role than to fnd native underground dwellers.
> Baka Dabora
>>
>>53493381
Hm, worried I might be a bit spread thin on resources but even just tabbling in it, it seems very possible.
>>
>>53493833
You're trying to fill two roles with very little overlap. It's gonna be tight.
>>
First timer here. How much dice pool should you aim for during chargen on your designated role pool?
>>
Ok, just asking to make sure I remember correctly:

In fluff, are deckers portrayed as being weak/helpless, needing the others desperately to survive, that their role is to be escorted by the team to whatever needs decking? that unless they get a gun they are powerless in a fight?

Asking for fluff from all editions
>>
>>53493976

~12 dice is usually where I draw the line between secondary and primary skills.
>>
>>53493976
Remember that on average, it takes 3 dice for 1 hit. 12-14 dice is a good pool for your specialty.
>>
>>53493982
First off, 3e has the "combat decker" archetype be the only pre-made character who's actually a full decker, and there are plenty of comments about how they can defend themselves just fine. On top of that, there's plenty of talk of deckers being surprisingly good in fights, mostly in the form of Shadowland anecdotes, before 4e - decking was more or less nonexistent in 4e, and 5e is thin on fluff and openly biased towards various freelancers' opinions and impressions.
Second off, you're so insecure it's not even funny. Who you play in a roleplaying game has no impact on who you are in the real world and the other way around, but it's dripping off your post that you're either an insecure /r9k/ drone or a good-for-nothing masochist who just wants people to take care of them for free.
Get therapy. Someone who can trip this many warning signs in three lines is going to get problems down the line.
>>
>>53494041
>>53494028
So 5 Mag 5 spell casting is low to cast for 4E?
>>
File: 6f374b24414403.56333cdc76bee.jpg (992KB, 1064x750px) Image search: [Google]
6f374b24414403.56333cdc76bee.jpg
992KB, 1064x750px
>>53494289

Sorry, I was assuming 5e.
>>
File: 42170c1c278f4092856782c07b0aafe8.jpg (145KB, 1200x1499px) Image search: [Google]
42170c1c278f4092856782c07b0aafe8.jpg
145KB, 1200x1499px
>>53493306
Cybered mundane faces are perfectly viable. All you get is a tiny penalty to your social limit, which is trivial to raise with more ware or even just fancy clothes.
>>
>>53494289
Make sure to specify what edition if you aren't playing the newest.
>>
>>53494289
You can get by on that. You're still looking at around 3 hits on average. As starting stats that seems perfectly fine.
>>
Pardon if this isn't the best place to ask, but does anyone know of any decker-theme games, preferably FOSS?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/decker/
I'm only somewhat asking for things to play; I'm practicing programming, and I want to port Decker to another language. I'd appreciate any games/ideas that improve or fix things.
>>
>>53494129
nigger, calm down
I was asking because one of my players insinuated that fluff wise deckers are not allowed to be active combatants and should be escort NPCs at best, which I thought was wrong but didn't remember how it was pre-4e

Jesus, if you project any more you're gonna drift into the deep metaplanes
>>
>>53495240
Decker with Hand of God can do pretty well in combat.

They're no streetsam, but anyone thinking they're utterly helpless is too dumb to live.
>>
>>53495171
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/decker/
Disregard, I'm a faggot; this is an attempt at a remake, I meant to reference one written in C++ and released around the early 2000s. Original site seems to be gone and blocked from the archive.
>>
>>53495311
mostly asking due to EotM, so just wanted to see if in RAW SR they were seen that way
>>
I kinda want to make an orc face in sr5, apart from exceptional attribute charisma, what can I do to overcome their weak charisma score?
>>
I want to gm a shadowrun game with friends for the first time. None of us have ever played the game, I'm trying to get my head around the rules.

If for example a PC wants to command and allied NPC to do something, I'd be making him do a leadership test.
How do I determine what limit to use in the test?
>>
>>53496166
Genetic Optimization (CHA) Geneware
>>
>>53496209
for most skills it should be written what Limits they use (with Leadership I guess Social?) or what other limits they may use
>>
>>53496209
It be a social limit.
>>
>>53496166
There are a billion options among magic and ware. If you're looking specifically to raise CHA itself, there is Troll Reduction and Genetic Optimization.

>>53496209
If you're playing 5e? the Social Limit.
>>
>>53496236

Been a while since my last game, which book is that in?
>>
>>53496296
Gene stuff is in Chrome Flesh
>>
>>53496252
>>53496254
>>53496255
That's one example but what about any other random test? How do I know what limit goes with what skill?
>>
>>53496336
>>53496344

Thanks, mates
>>
>>53496344
Usually, you can reason it out from what the skill is. Is the action something you'd do with your body, like running or jumping? Physical limit. Is it more about knowledge, thinking, or reasoning? Mental limit. Is it about talking, charming, or instructing? Social limit. If it's an attack, the limit is the weapon's accuracy. Or physical limit, if you're one those punchy-types.
>>
>>53496441
So, limits aren't something that are set in stone in a list somewhere linking skill to limit?
Ok, that I can work with.
>>
>>53496166
Troll Reduction bioware, also cyberware quivalent (GM's call if they stack).
Metagenetic improvement for Changelings.
Exceptional Attribute.
Improved Attribute spells for mages.
Adept Spell for adepts.
Tailored Pheramones for pseudo-charisma bioware.
Clean metabolism bioware to not stink.
Drake quality (grants charisma while shifted, stacks with augments if fitted into Prototype Transhuman bonus essence).

Lots of options, almost all stack with each other. You may also want to consider being a Fomorian troll. They are almost as charismatic as elves with Troll Reduction 2.
>>
>>53497866
A Fomorian troll with every Charisma upgrade pollible with have a score of 11(15), +3 in face to face.
>>
shadowruntabletop.com
The hell happened with this?
>>
>>53498497
>creepy edit of the Lavender Town theme
Honestly?
>>
>>53498497
guess some decker didn't like the moderation
>>
>>53498497
Techomancer perhaps?
>>
>>53498497
That's what happens when you embezzle funds from the IT department.
>>
I thought meta type reduction only increases charisma for trolls, not orcs?
>>
>>53498497
Slamm0's finally taking on high-profile jobs, I see.
>>
>>53498497
Didn't even bother hiding anything in the page source. Kinda disappointed.
>>
>>53491777
So, this may be fixed because I'm using 193.19, but may as well put it here anyway since it's fairly niche.

I have an AI in career mode, and the Essence Enhancement doesn't seem to be working. The one way I found to actually lower Essence (putting in an Essence Hole) also lowers Depth by the same amount.

Which is fine if the AI lost the essence to being Munged, but not so much if the AI just got disrupted.
>>
>>53501057
>Actually playing an AI

absolute madman

How did you convince your GM
>>
>>53498497
seems they fixed it
>>
>>53501450
Making an NPC using Chummer. Got curious because I know that the AI rules were written by a person that hates simplicity, straightforwardness, and the standards of CGL's editing.

They did see how overpowered a few uses of Depth can be and took steps against starting with that.

Unfortunately, they also massively overestimated the strength of Depth in other circumstances and so it really is in a feast or famine situation. Either you're abusing Depth 6 with Pilot Origins, or you've got a Techno in your team to deal with the 18+ OS you got by bringing up three Advanced Programs, or you just plain ignore Advanced Programs because you can't bring enough up and still have any room to do stuff.

Oh, and obviously Emulation is worthless, even if you are allowed to spend karma on getting programs so that you know what OS you have.
>>
>>53501826
>the standards of CGL's editing.
chummer, those are already close to rock bottom
>>
>>53502005
That would be his joke, autist
>>
>>53502051
it wasn't a very good one
this is a serious matter
>>
>>53501057
From memory I decoupled depth from essence loss somewhere in the current batch of nightlies. See if it works with the new build.
>>
Still getting some attribute issues in sum-to-10 yekka, adding attributes doesn't take away from available points and buying with karma doesn't deduct from available karma, and adding vehicle mods still causes crashing.

On an unrelated topic: Automatics seem to be considered the universal go-to class of weapons, but would I be gimping my sam too much by using shotguns instead? 13P burst-fire sounds like it could compete with most assault rifles.
>>
File: Shotgun Pump.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun Pump.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>53502543
Longarms are a solid choice for a combatant. Automatics is /srg/'s kneejerk reaction because it has two things going for it: Full Auto for people who aren't quality shooters, and a variety of different weapons (from concealable pistols to assault rifles) for every occasion. A street samurai will have the diepools to make anything good, and have more than one combat skill.

Make sure to get a backup weapon cut down small enough to hide under a lined coat, rifle or shotgun.
>>
>>53502543
Biggest issues of Shotguns are poor concealability and they can't be suppressed. You can carry a sawed off underneath a Cloak, but its still not nearly as concealable as a pistol.

But going Longarms will also give you access to Sporting Rifles and Snipers, which are your suppressed option when you need it. Doesn't help improve concealability though. Invest in Pistols or a melee option if you're so concerned.
>>
>>53502543
If you're good at shooting you can use basically anything. In general I think it's worth your while to get a few different weapon skills and make sure you've got some versatility.
>>
File: 1485120912127.jpg (93KB, 589x444px) Image search: [Google]
1485120912127.jpg
93KB, 589x444px
Please Rate.
https://pastebin.com/UgDLnBF6
I have never played a magician before, so please tell me if I am making any obvious mistakes.
>>
File: 1471861966717.jpg (465KB, 1280x1605px) Image search: [Google]
1471861966717.jpg
465KB, 1280x1605px
>>53503051
>not chummer pdf

nein
>>
File: GatorAid.pdf (78KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GatorAid.pdf
78KB, 1x1px
>>53503141
If you would prefer that, here it is.
>>
>>53502856
Shotguns can be suppressed in real life, so why not in shadowrun?
>>
>>53503255
I'd assume CGL's logic is that shotguns are too loud, despite like you said, shotguns being suppressed in real life.
>>
>>53503051
You are so going to die with that int + rea.
>>
>>53503306
What? Shotguns are less loud than an SBR.
>>
>>53503162
Your CHA should be a lot higher; exceptional attribute MAG is a waste if your drain pool isn't even 9.

In general your attributes are trash
>>
>>53503317
That's what improve reflexes and Psyche are for. A -1 to all my dicepools and some drain for going fast should be fine.
>>
>>53503365
What should I drop for CHA? I wouldn't know what to bring to a below average level.
>>
File: 1492480432671.jpg (62KB, 562x560px) Image search: [Google]
1492480432671.jpg
62KB, 562x560px
>>53502856
>>53502948
Oh I'm definitely taking pistols as a secondary (and unarmed with some spare karma, fuck yeah spurs), tasers look like an incredibly fun non-lethal option. I'm just really down with the idea of breaching a door and the poor chummer behind it with an automatic shotgun.

>>53503255
I'm no /k/ommando by any stretch of the imagination, but isn't it only possible to silence shotguns when they're firing slugs because of how the gas will escape around shot?
>>
>>53503378
You won't have imp rea up all the time, you'll fail the surprise check and then you fail all the dodge rolls.
>>
>>53503450
Why can't I have Improved Reflexes up all the time?
>>
>>53503420
>I'm no /k/ommando by any stretch of the imagination, but isn't it only possible to silence shotguns when they're firing slugs because of how the gas will escape around shot?
Shot is pushed by a wad which traps gases behind it. If the gases could escape between pellets, they wouldn't go very fast.

Also you can use a larger calibre suppressor on a smaller calibre rifle without issues, and you only lose a couple of db.
>>
>>53503490
Because you'll suck even harder at everything you're trying to do.

All those skills you took at rank 1? They're now effectively rank 0.
>>
>>53503756
Most of the rank 1 stuff is so I don't default on it, and almost all the athletics stuff is for animal forms. Almost none of my actual useful abilities are overly hampered.
>>
>>53503787
But you will be effectively defaulting on them if you're sustaining a spell.
>>
>>53503828
Defaulting has an additional penalty I won't have to take, so I can use my raw attribute, which will be fine for most physical skills in animal form, and the 1 point abilities I took in other categories were so I could operate a computer, speak like a human being etc.
>>
File: 1421712803948.jpg (318KB, 907x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1421712803948.jpg
318KB, 907x1117px
>>53503600
Well I learned something new about shotgun shells today. Thanks for the info anon!
>>
>>53503883
Sustaining is -2.
>>
>>53504054
Psyche should last an entire run and I don't really expect to be surprised outside of a mission in a way that a spirit won't catch them.
>>
>>53504146
I mean a badly optimized character can definitely survive as a shadowrunner in most games but it seems like you're trying to min-max and you ended up with something just bad.
>>
>>53504362
I'm not trying to minmax, I created a normal character who is good at their specialties and decent at some other things, though is not hugely survivable in human form.
>>
I took first aid on my mage because I'd bet a tacos no one else is going to bother. Is that bad?
>>
>>53505709
let em die nigga, ain't nobody got time for that
>>
>>53505796
Nah. I also put 20 points in the outdoors skill group even though we're going to be urban because I like to think of myself as not a rollplayer.
>>
>>53506180
20 points is huge. Unless your character has been innawoods all his life, there's little reason to go that deep.
>>
>>53506180
>6 in diving
>6 in free-fall
>6 in pilot aerospace
>6 in industrial engineering

>Look GM this is called flavor, a rollplayer like you wouldn't understand
>>
>>53506244
He is supposed to be a druid nutjob despite living in a slum.

>>53506259
That's not outdoors. I dunno what the translation is, but outdoors where I am is tracking, navigation, survival, and while in the corebook perception isn't associated, GM homebrew it as a 50 gain.
>>
>>53506746
50%*
>>
>>53506180
>20 points in outdoors
Fucking hell, omae. My character lives innawoods in Spokane and even he doesn't roll any 20's in those pools.
>>
What are some good non-combat skills/areas for a street samurai to dip into so they aren't just 'more dakka: the character: the experience'.
>>
>>53506940
fire up those knowledge skillsofts, get a shitload on corps, gangs, maybe drugs if that's your thing.

As for skills, consider maybe some drive and piloting. You have the reactions for it, after all, and it might be good if your wheelman gets shot.

Likewise, first aid/medicine can always help, even if you don't crank that shit up to max.
>>
>>53506940
Perception, so you can see more people to shoot. Athletics Group, so you can run/vault/swim your way to people to shoot.
>>
>a troll with only 5 body but 10 agility thanks to exceptional attribute

I'm not sure if I should slap this player or applaud him for the memes.
>>
File: 2017-05-30_001148.jpg (21KB, 195x275px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-30_001148.jpg
21KB, 195x275px
>>53507585
Heu. This is my minotaur, I'm thinking about picking up EA for 10 reaction.
>>
On one hand using a bow that deals 20p base and then doing called shots for even more damage sounds awesome
On the other hand, 18 str is a lot of strength.
>>
>>53506940
Knowledge. Skills.
Max out Philosophy and become an annoying asshole who spouts meaningless zen after every kill.
>>
>>53508288
Its also super impossible to get 18 strength. Like 16 maybe with troll SURGE freak in 5e at least. Cant say I know for other editions.
>>
File: 2017-05-30_011902.jpg (81KB, 797x359px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-30_011902.jpg
81KB, 797x359px
>>53508509
In 4e you just make a cyclops and give it exceptional.
>>
Why are reagents so fucking cheap?
>>
File: State_of_the_Art_ADL_Cover.jpg (162KB, 521x750px) Image search: [Google]
State_of_the_Art_ADL_Cover.jpg
162KB, 521x750px
Anyone who knows when the pdf of this baby is gonna get published? The hardcover is out but I can't grad it until next weekend.
>>
>>53508752
When some kind, wealthy, stupid anon scans it.
>>
Alright decker dragged the ruhmetall HMG by himself and wants to change ownership to himself.
Players is new so asked for help.
Plan to stack the odds in our favor:
1) Wait a week before attempting this/ Gun's wireless is disable, tags are erased.
2) Get to a random abandoned location
3) Hack the gun before the hack. Make it go silent and switch grids to public
4) Make every extended roll pre-edged. Decker is human with 5 edge.
Question is can he use Wrapper on the HMG for extra layers ? Anything else that can help?
>>
>>53493306
LOL. Face/Muscle-Wizard that can walk in anywhere naked, survive and punch, intimidate and talk his way out.
>>
>>53509548
With a large dice pool post edge is better.
>>
>>53509548
Route the traffic to the matrix through a drone that's flying around the city so that the authorities get its location instead of the decker's while you're swapping ownership. A mobile proxy.
>>
>>53510291
Or you can put the drone in an untagged van and have it move along road routes, then when the authorities start chasing it make it fall off a bridge or something and explode.
>>
>>53510675
Defeats the purpose of using a drone if you put it in a van, omae. Blowing it up is also a huge waste, instead of just turning it off when you're done.
>>
File: really hmms your haas.png (75KB, 450x424px) Image search: [Google]
really hmms your haas.png
75KB, 450x424px
>>53510714
Just wanna make sure there's few or no loose ends. They'll assume the gun is being hacked in the back of the van and chase the van until it gets destroyed, then assume the hmg and the people try to crack it are gone. I suppose just auto piloting the van and putting something with inside it to route the traffic to would work instead of the drone thing, just didn't know how to articulate it earlier.
>>
>>53510765
How much effort do you think they're putting into this? It's a single, admittedly large, gun. At best someone might be keeping an eye out for it on the Matrix - they're not going to be in hot pursuit that you need to shake by pulling a Goldeneye.
>>
File: what fucking vehicle.png (590KB, 538x809px) Image search: [Google]
what fucking vehicle.png
590KB, 538x809px
>>53510817
Ah, I was under the impression the gun was a prototype. In that case, just do the drone thing, I'll just use the exploding decoy chase van on something important, like holding up a Sbarros.
>>
Holy shit, monowhips are ridiculous. Why would humans and elves use anything different?
>>
>>53511009
It's called accidentally decapitating yourself with a razor sharp whip.
>>
>>53510817
Well I feel obligate to say that it was taken from infected experiment with wielded onto it heavy security armor.
Also it was guarding secret bioengineering facility of AA corp.
Soooo maybe they are looking for a signal.
>>
>>53507585
You kind of have to make compromises with trolls, I'm sure if they could they'd wouldn't object to throwing some more points into body. That said body is less critical in 5e than previous editions, so you can get away with it more.
>>
File: 1465474767475.png (70KB, 289x243px) Image search: [Google]
1465474767475.png
70KB, 289x243px
>>53511034
In that case, they will be considering it a piece of evidence and if they see it is being cracked open they will definitely move to secure it and whoever is cracking it. I'm bringing the decoy car around.
>>
>>53511009
They're expensive, and deeply illegal, like get caught with one, get shot no questions asked.
>>
>>53511009
Sometimes, you need the target ALIVE AND UNSPOILED, chummer!
>>
Is a muscle toner 4 worth the restricted gear hassle at chargen?
>>
File: tumblr_oqbivebaVB1skbqqro1_1280.jpg (540KB, 1280x897px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqbivebaVB1skbqqro1_1280.jpg
540KB, 1280x897px
>>53502543
The attribute stuff is an annoying quirk in how the priority characters are created. I have to gut some stuff to fix it. In the meantime, saving the file immediately and then reloading it will sort it out. Vehicle mods will be fixed in the next build.
>>
>>53511557
Arguably no, You should spend a restricted on a weapon a restricted on armor and probably a restricted on a pain editor so you don't get oneshot incapacitated by any ganger with a taser/stunprod.
Literally had to carry 2 of my party members with me while running from some gangers recently because they both got onetapped unconcious and almost unconcious.
>>
>>53511557
Depends on your GM. If he lets you upgrade with just the cost of the difference between ratings, no. If he demands you buy the new one and offers normal sale value for the old mod, then possibly.
>>
File: dorohedoro.jpg (487KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dorohedoro.jpg
487KB, 1200x1200px
I want to have a character like Caiman from Dorohedoro, someone who has been forcibly transformed into a monster (thinking SURGE) creature by a powerful spellcaster, is there any extra rulebooks about forcibly altering someone via magic?
>>
>>53514100
Whatever the fuck that is ... it's a 'no'.
>>
Been debating a few shadowrunner ideas to make as part of my 'incase of a game i'm not running, break glass'. One idea I thought was cool was runner with rating 6 skillwires and jack, and can plug and play whatever he needs. Obviously the concerns of no edge and also being limited to 6 is a concern. Is this less of an issue if I have specific skills I can increase seperate to those? Also I was debating also having him be a face, or something like that. A blank slate who can fill whatever shoes needed. Is there something i'm missing that makes this stupidly unviable or something I should do to make it better?
>>
File: be well, vatniks.png (5KB, 411x354px) Image search: [Google]
be well, vatniks.png
5KB, 411x354px
>>53475748
Why do people hate Dwarves? They're not short-lived, destructive children like Orcs; Not big bastards who think they can intimidate everyone with their size like Trolls; They're not nearly immortal like Elves. Dwarves do nothing wrong, they're just short humans.
>>
>>53515406
>They're not nearly immortal like Elves
first off, only a few elves are immortal. Most live a few centuries, like dwarves
second: They are the ones that control the money. They also took over the area of the Ork underground
>>
>>53515490
Good! Halfers > Keebs > Trogs.
>>
>>53515164
There some issues with Skillwires that made them largely unviable for Shadowrunner PCs.

It costs 180k nuyen to acquire the rating 6 Skilljack and Skillwires combo, as well needing to take Restricted Gear for the Skillwires. That leaves you with around 270k Nuyen to acquire all your other Augmentations, Softs, and just regular gear. With such a high initial investment, you dont have a lot of room to actually acquire the gear you need to be effective.

Even if you solve the Nuyen cost, there's a larger fundamental issue I see. Sure, you can plug in a Rating 6 Skill, but that doesn't change everything else. You can't plug in a Rating 6 Hacking, Electronic Warfare, and Computer skill and become a on the spot hacker unless you also buy a Cyberdeck or rig up a solution. That costs Nuyen in addition to the cost of the Softs. You don't suddenly increase your LOG, and you can't access specializations.

Getting access to 8-10 Dice for any action can be handy in some things, but Shadowrun is a game where Specialists work together, so generalists don't have much of a place.
>>
>>53515490
>Most live a few centuries, like dwarves
These are educated guesses based on currently available metagenetic data and ever improving understanding of that data.
>>
File: drones.jpg (345KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
345KB, 1632x918px
Oh my, look at that, the krauts prove the superiority of the german Shadowrun license holder again and got an entire book with new guns, drones, vehicles and stuff.

Very nice.
>>
File: guns.jpg (335KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
335KB, 1632x918px
>>53516807
some more

>>53515583
Just grab Move-by-Wire and get Skillwires for free.
>>
>>53516842
>This is my granatwerfer, it werfs granate
>>
So, I'm about to enter a Shadowrun game this Friday. My character's a troll named "Comrade Shuniu" (that's Chinese for "buffalo", according to our Lord and Savior Google Translate). His shtick is that he used to be a grunt for a certain communist revolution in some shitty third world country that failed, so he stole a pickup track full of guns and explosives and escaped to America to "lay low" waiting for the inevitable Glorious Revolution. His squat is named "The People's Palace", he's got a 5 in Academic: Marxist Literature (which combined with his Logic makes a whopping 6 dice!) and his favorite heavy machinegun with an underslung grenade launcher is named "Trotsky" ("It leads the People's army!").

In case that wasn't clear we're going Pink Mohawk at 200 miles per hour

For a troll, he's got freakishly high Willpower and Intuition (one is maxed out, in fact), but as I've explained before, the joke is that he's got almost no brains to go with his tons of motivation. Fundamentally, he's a good guy, he truly and honestly believes in the cause with all his heart, but he just isn't leadership material. He was a very good grunt, but still a grunt. He wants someone to rise up and direct him at the fascists so he can shoot them. Otherwise he's just kinda lost.

I'm looking for more advice for stuff to do, say, or plan for during the game. Mechanically the character is pretty garbage, but I'm not planning to be successful, I'm hoping to be amusing. Thing is, amusing is hard. If you don't pull it off just right, you just end up being obnoxious, and that's a thin line to walk.

So, any tips?
>>
>>53515490
No elf has died naturally yet, so there is no way to know for sure whether they're immortal or not.
>>
>>53516949
>If you don't pull it off just right, you just end up being obnoxious, and that's a thin line to walk.

First of all, and you probably already know this, don't spout Marxist lines every minute. It'll get boring for you fast and obnoxious for the other players faster.

I'd say just play it by ear and try to make him a well rounded character. See how America, the runs, or his fellow runners change him. If they do, of course, they could just make him firmer in his beliefs. You can bring good comic relief here but remember that even comedic characters can still be serious at times (the best ones usually are). Even if he's dumb, don't be completely suicidal and stick to whatever your team plans, for better or worse. Nothing worse than a single runner who single mindedly goes after their own agendas all the time.

For things to do, while he may not be a leader, he could be good at intimidation. That could be a fun area for him to dabble in. Since he's from a shitty third world country as you said, that can make for some amusing fish out of water moments, but you can also use it to give a justification for him being a damned good survivor. If the team is in a hotspot, or having to hide out somewhere really shitty, your character can keep spirits high because he doesn't give a shit; he's probably experienced worse.
>>
Only just realised the official forum isn't working. Any idea what's wrong with it?
>>
>>53517144
which one do you mean?
>>
>>53517117
>No elf has died naturally yet, so there is no way to know for sure whether they're immortal or not.
That's not true. In-setting scientists have ways of measuring life span that aren't based on statistics and probability, and elf/dwarf lifespan is based on that.
>>
>>53517210
Probably means the official Shadowrun forums.
>>
>>53516949
You know, Logic 1 or no, if you have a 5 at any Academic skill you're actually a pretty respectable expert. Like, I think it stands for a doctorate or something. So Mr. Buffalo here may be a moron but don't forget, he's a moron who somehow managed to attain the equivalent of a doctorate at a subject. And I'm assuming he didn't graduate from the University of the People's Republic of Civil War, so he's somehow managed to do that with whatever books he managed to recover from the ruins of schools or something.

That's legitimately impressive.
>>
>>53517242
yeah, but which one is that?
Because http://shadowrun.com/forums/ works, dumpshock works and I don't know any others
>>
>>53517144
Got hacked because retardo admins didn't bother to fix the shit they would need to.
>>
>>53517141
I was aiming for a meatshield. The GM told me all the other players insisted on making a party made up solely of deckers and shamans (including a rigger with an army of drones disguised as kittens, which I have an ominous feeling is going to cross the "obnoxious line" fast), so he kinda pleaded me to just make a musclehead of some sort so they won't die to the first action scene.

Still, I get what you mean. I'll try to keep the quotes down. As for out of combat uses: I'm already on it. The guy used to be a successful guerilla, one doesn't become that by being a complete moron. Mechanically speaking he's actually the stealthiest guy in the party (I have no idea how I managed that), he's the only one with any survival skills to speak of, he can fix weapons and vehicles and as you said, he can intimidate his way out of a lot of situation. So that's hopefully more or less covered without compromising his intended role as resident meatshield too much.
>>
>>53517285
I'm talking about http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/
>>
>>53517375
>Mechanically speaking he's actually the stealthiest guy in the party
Oh boy it's another heee-larious ninja troll.
>>
>>53517285
The CGL run Shadowrun Tabletop forums, where "Tabletop" is not immediately followed by "Archived".
>>
>>53517250
>implying anyone with Logic above 1 would take Marxism seriously
>>
>>53517250
Doctorate is more 7-8 ranks. 5 is 'merely' skilled. (which would still be an accomplishment growing up without formal education in a third-world shithole, mind.)
>>
>>53517559
Knowledge doesn't necessarily require high intelligence. with 5 levels, he knows an impressive amount of stuff on marxism, which he could simply have learned by continuously repeating it.
>>
>>53517559
>>53517658
What's more interesting is that he seems to have a 4 and 5 in Intuition and Willpower (which one is which, btw? >>53516949). Conceptually, how would someone with such near peak human intuition but no intelligence (derp?) get into an academic subject?
>>
File: 2435.png (102KB, 327x405px) Image search: [Google]
2435.png
102KB, 327x405px
>>53516807
>>53516842
Even the illustrations are better...
>>
>>53517711
Well, duh!
Pegasus Spiele pays it's Editors, Artists, Freelancers and so on.
Of course you are gonna get better results
>>
>>53517250
>he's somehow managed to do that with whatever books he managed to recover from the ruins of schools or something
Not that unlikely.

>Trolls live in the ruins of our last information age, when information was written, not coded. Paper books from old libraries, cast-off papers, and forgotten letters fll the spaces where trolls have made their homes. And in their free time, they read. Many trolls can even read and decipher cursive, which died with my grandfather’s generation, and many use calligraphy as an artistic expression.
>>
>>53517809
How many books on Marxism do you think they just had lying around Junglestan?
>>
>>53517848
Yes.
>>
>>53517804
The cover is pretty ugly though.
>>
>>53517809
After reading this little bit of background fluff a while ago I made a loremaster troll. Only average in combat (and a dash of magic), but between 10-18 points in over 20 Knowledge skills at chargen. I got laughed at because "knowing stuff isn't a proper role for a shadowrunner team".

The character proceeded to save the team countless times throughout the campaign because he wasn't a fricken' idiot and understood the background history, politics, and metaphysics of the 6th world.
>>
Wasn't there character art in the pastebin?
>>
>>53520561
There's the art mega if you can sift through the porn, and you can find all the portraits from the Returns games easily online.
>>
>>53521659
>and you can find all the portraits from the Returns games easily online.
If you have the games they are just in a folder somewhere.
>>
>>53510990
>if there are none, click skip

Something munge your higher processes?
>>
>>53511116
>raises monofilament grenade bolas

Is this unspoiled?
>>
>>53514100
The closest you get is the blood magic that explodes the veins out of people, and the Mastery Quality that lets you use Shapechange on an unwilling target. Both in Forbidden Arcana.
>>
File: Orc vs Dwarf Gang Fight.png (291KB, 708x436px) Image search: [Google]
Orc vs Dwarf Gang Fight.png
291KB, 708x436px
>>53515506
Thems fighting words. Get up on a stepladder so I can knock you on your hoop; I've only got Reach 3.
>>
Is there a place that sums up ways to up your dice pool for beginners so they can have a better vision of how to build their character and no realise a bit later "shit, every npc is rocking that?"
>>
>>53522726
Well, you can use chummer and look through the stuff to see what it does. Should be accurate most of the time (Warning: Chummer5 does not do Wireless Bonus, at all). If you find something you can then check the page reference and see what it does.

But a standalone document? Don't think so
>>
>>53520561
It's still there, two fileshares - one of art, the other of tokens.
>>
Is there some kind of guide to gangs somewhere? There seems to be lots of different large ones (weeners, ancients).
>>
>>53523232
"10 Gangs" from 4e has some
can't comment on the quality of the book though
>>
File: Ganger.jpg (240KB, 357x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ganger.jpg
240KB, 357x800px
>>53523232
The Seattle Box has a bunch of the local gangs in that. If you want bigger syndicates there's Vice.
>>
Are toxic mages okay for PCs? I heard Blood mages were unbalanced, so I'm wary of those, but toxic mages don't seem broken mechanically.
>>
>>53517220
When you can't confirm a theory, it will remain nothing but a theory.
>>
>>53524998
No.
>>
File: 5e17be065912261f695d186ca9a37b8a.jpg (422KB, 1600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
5e17be065912261f695d186ca9a37b8a.jpg
422KB, 1600x2560px
Head's up, ADL content should be in Chummer in the next day or so. Sorry for the general instability and bugginess in the latest nightlies, I got a bit overeager with pulling in the attributes branch since the powers branch went well.
>>53524998
There are several major problems with toxics: their auras are immediately identifiable as toxic, they have a bounty on their head that can scale up into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and their traditions and mentors generally dictate that they be even more evil dicks than Black Mages.

Bloodm agic itself isn't particularly broken mechanically, but the problems are essentially the same. Large bounty, immediately identifiable as such unless you're fantastic at Masking.
>>
>>53525306
Imagine the shit people get for wanting to play pixies (A bounty that may or may not be collectable), but it actually having substance because dead mages leave bodies, and you can assense mages as toxic.
>>
>>53525485
Meant to respond to >>53524998
>>
>>53525485
I can assense pixie players as toxic just fine.
>>
>>53527001

New thread

>>53527001
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.