[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MajiMonsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 187632.jpg (141KB, 900x1167px) Image search: [Google]
187632.jpg
141KB, 900x1167px
What is /tg/'s opinion on MajiMonsters? Me and a friend have been reading through the rulebook and like what we've seen so far.

Anybody played? Anything to watch out for? And, is there any cool home brew stuff you've done?
>>
>>53474016
How is this different from all the /tg/ Pokemon homebrews

basically, explain the game mechanics as if you aren't a shill.
>>
>>53474016
What's the core mechanic, and how does the system balance the "Six Pokemon" problem?
>>
>>53474039
>>53474047

Core mechanic is 2d6+Modifier, roll to beat a TN. Except for PC skills which for some reason go from 2d4 to 2d6 to 2d8, which I don't see the point of - a modifier would have made more sense, imo.

By default you can only have 3 Mons "active" at a time (you basically have to spend a rest period to switch out which ones are active).

I haven't played yet so I can't honestly say how well it runs, but from what I've read in the rulebook, it seems way simpler than, say, PTU or whatever.

The mechanics seem pretty simple - most attacks are 2d6+Stat vs Static Defense, roll Damage.

It seems like 4e d&d inspired, which obviously going to immediately turn some pepole off, but it also seems purpose bhilt for what it's doing, which is nice.

I think monster hp might be too high, I will try it as normal and see how long battles take, and then see.
>>
Also its very expensive right now - I like it, but I recomend engaging in piracy until the price is more reasonable.
>>
>>53474175
Huh. Seems like rather than Pokemon, it's better suited to a Shin Megami Tensei style game.

However, how does it handle multiple players controlling multiple units? Does it slow gameplay down to a crawl? That's always been the biggest issue with this genre.
>>
>>53474215
You're only able to have one Monster out at a time - they're Bound to what amounts to Soul gems, and the idea is it takes too much focus to summon and control them to do more than one.

Again,haven't played yet, but from what I'm reading I think it will still have longer combats than average. I might houserule lower HPs if it drags too much.
>>
>>53474016
Do the monsters get more creative than a purple tiger and a three headed snake?
>>
>>53474267
Is there a set of built-In rules for creating your own monsters?
>>
>>53474282
The background of the setting is that the monsters are Animals that have been imbued with elemental energy. Most of them are very much "Animal made of Whatever it's Element is", but honestly the tiger looks way better in the book than the shit version on the cover.

>>53474292
Yeah its got a whole section on that, also guidelines for making new Traits, which are sort of like Abilities in normal Pokémon. Making the Mons is all done through point buy.
>>
>>53474282
Here's an example of some mons.
>>
>>53474359
The art style seems very inconsistent.
>>
>>53474379
Yeah the art isn't great. Some is alright, but there's plenty of stuff that looks kinda shitty.

Like I said, I recommend pirating over buying, at least until the creators stop being fags and lower the absurd price.

(Or just don't buy it, like I never will).
>>
>>53474417
Where did you pirate it from?
>>
>>53474472
I'm loathe to reward unnecessary Namefagging, but here:

/y95govwa

Thats a tiny url link there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.