[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stat him /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: spec-ops-the-line-ending.png (250KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
spec-ops-the-line-ending.png
250KB, 600x300px
>>
>>53463759
A real American "hero".
>>
Throw his sheet in the bin.

I don't allow shallow edgy bullshit in my game. Learn to write a better backstory, fag
>>
>>53463794
>shallow
I'll give you that.
>edgy
Nah. Just nah.
>>
>>53463794
Story is not where Spec Ops recieves criticism, it's the writer insisting "you were meant to stop playing!!!" shit.

Playing the game with the point of view that you're a dude observing a man's descent into PTSD-induced madness is infinitely better and provides a pretty great experience.

Aside from fairly generic 3PS gameplay, there's really no other gripes about the game. Visuals are strong, story is nice, storytelling is also good, music is dope as fuck.
>>
>>53463835
> music is dope as fuck
Couldn't agree more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMXE3fulO8g
>>
>>53463835
That game introduced me to some really good bands.
>>
Favored Enemy: gamer ego
>>
-10 HP
>>
>>53463886
>>53463861
Even the fucking ambiance was god-like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3q_d9E8ejc

Entering the last level in that quiet area before you start and Ambiance 11 starts playing. I stopped to walk around the place, was like a small garden with fire and searchlights in the distance. Atmospheric as fuck, the music really drove home the themes.
>>
>>53463923
>he actually died
>he didn't welcome his rescuers to Dubai instead
laughing_sociopaths.jpg
>>
I love the theme of PTSD and people's slow and subtle fall from grace, it's a really interesting psychological thing and I wish I could play a tabletop game that allowed me to go balls-deep in that. Incredibly interesting potential for villians and protagonists both.
>>
>>53463835
>Visuals are strong
They were my favourite thing about the game, the way Dubai was depicted as this unreal and almost dream-like place that quickly turned into something straight out of a fever dream.

I loved the juxtaposition between the decadent giant advertisement posters and billboards as opposed to the bodies that were hanged from the billboards and the way the eyes of pictures of people are burned out.

I'm sad that those visuals don't translate well to tabletop RPGs as a medium, otherwise I'd be running campaigns heavily inspired by it.
>>
>>53464228
Thing is, as with everything else, it's all storytelling. Something like that would just need a really good DM that can paint a mental picture really well.

Reading some of the stories on the archive like the Mars tunnels horror or the Marching Powder story, it's definitely doable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.