[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is how I true true neutral deity.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 3143860-sndm_promo.jpg (2MB, 2982x4585px) Image search: [Google]
3143860-sndm_promo.jpg
2MB, 2982x4585px
This is how I true true neutral deity.
>>
He's Lawful Good, but in Gaiman's universe, where lawful good peters out at around "limp-wristed and washed out" and where evil goes around making sure to throw in a few contradictions because the only thing absolute in Gaiman's world is that he wishes he was Alan Moore but sadly lacks testicles.
>>
File: kotor ii.png (68KB, 540x275px) Image search: [Google]
kotor ii.png
68KB, 540x275px
>>53461994
>true neutral deity
More often than not they just end like this.
>>
File: Steven_SMTIV.png (99KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_SMTIV.png
99KB, 300x430px
>>53461994
This is how I neutral stupid deity.
>>
>>53462126
>lawfull good
more like lawfull dick. I think you are misreading Gaiman intentions if you think he is trying to emulate moore, but I've only read watchman, so I could just not know him enough.
>>
>>53462126
>>53461994
> Dumped by hot ebony chick just because sex between them turn cities on dust
> Condemn her to a eternity on hell
> Good

Morpheus is lawful neutral. He is so lawful that he choose to die to keep rules that may not even exist at all.

Maybe all that thing that "Endless may not fuck with mortals" that exploded Glassniggaland was also another of these bullshits. A rule that just exists because he want to.

You could say he is true lawful if you like shit alignments. He said that he would send her to hell if she deny him as a threath and fullfill it just because he said he would do.

Yet, few characters looks so true to the concept of a divinity with countless ages on his back.
>>
>>53462126
>Lawful Good
>Sent his girlfriend to LITERALLY HELL while still alive, for cheating on him
You haven't even read Sandman, have you? Dream is kind of a huge dick.
>>
>>53462709
>He is so lawful that he choose to die to keep rules that may not even exist at all.
He's Lawful Autistic.
>>
>>53462709
>rules that may not even exist at all.
where was this hinted at?
>>
>>53462767
> He's Lawful Autistic

Pretty much.

He is Dream after all, the concept of unreal define his existence.
>>
>>53462859
Besides Destiny that do not even have a personality, Dream is the only one that talks and cares about "rules". Destruction is the prime example.

We know that Dream used the rules as a excuse to have the ending that he wanted but most hints about the rules nature are on the most recent story that was published a few years ago.

Dream recounts the time that he was dethroned which was on theory basically impossible, he is almight on his realm.... When Desire creates a woman to help Dream (which implies that Desire knows more about what Dream wishes just because he IS Desire), both he and his creation question Morpheus about how he could be beaten, he says that there is rules....

Later on another story, when Dream meet his mother, she treat him as a child and ask if all the current troubles were not just "another of his stories" and indeed it was... Dream is the personification of stories but a dream may not have much sense alone sometimes, thats why he was "dethroned", or challenge Lucifer (more than once) despite the fact that the devil could kick his ass hard.... Thats why all his relationship ends badly. He just want to live a story. He has imagination and that imagination affects reality.

Another logic behind the rules are about magic itself. Ritualistic do not exist without rules and imagination. On ocultism (and also Sandman) all gods (including the christian god) are a product of imagination and exist based on the rules (and concepts) that define them.

Thats why Tessalia magic "stopped" Dream to kill Hypolita and thats why the triad could only attack Morpheus if Hypolita was alive.

As a anthromorphic being that governs imagination, Morpheus thinks that this rules mostly applies to him, otherwise, how he could have a specific form or a concept? Actually, he does not and the rules do not hinder him, it is just a excuse for him to be something else and still be Dream.
>>
>ITT: first reply most BTFO reply
>>
File: CvrRGaXVMAAH2EC.jpg (31KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
CvrRGaXVMAAH2EC.jpg
31KB, 960x544px
>>53462217
>>
>>53462709
>>53462724
Gaiman is the quintessential beta male.
Condemning a girl to hell for cheating on him is neutral in his world, at best.
>>
>>53464050
Most deities would do something similar in a blink.

D&D alignments may work on a romantic world where people may be a paladin against a evil lich.

But on a world that God transform your wife in salt or just kill all your family and make your life miserable just because he make a bet with the devil then the alignment compass lost sense.

Thousands of years ago life was not romantic with good paladins and evil liches, so the basis of all mythology was powerful gods that were dicks like everyone wanted to be if they had all that power.

The Greek are rapists, some of the Norse ones may kill the son of his best friend if that would give him a good joke, the Jew one is Jew.
>>
File: G-man_heart_to_heart_headshot.jpg (21KB, 350x348px) Image search: [Google]
G-man_heart_to_heart_headshot.jpg
21KB, 350x348px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.