[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stat him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: f050.jpg (234KB, 728x1159px) Image search: [Google]
f050.jpg
234KB, 728x1159px
>would be a ranger with humanoid favored enemy if he could cast spells
>uses finesse weapons
>lawful neutral or lawful good

What else?
>>
>>53458539
>if he could cast spells

He's just not high level enough for them.

He can beat the shit out of goblins without trouble. That makes him about level 3.
>>
>>53458634
>He's just not high level enough for them.
He can clean a goblin nest by himself. I think he's at least 5th level.
>>
>>53458539
STR 13
DEX 16
CON 18
INT 13
WIS 13
CHA 8
>>
>>53458539
But anon, reality warping and DMPC aren't stats.
>>
>>53458539
Owlbear
>>
>>53459546
>DMPC
I can see why you'd say that but he is far from being one
>Reality-warping
What?
>>
>>53459634
Come on now, anon, you're not even trying
>>
>>53458539
Bitch please, he's clearly Fighter/Rogue he're proficient in every weapon, have a lot of skills and can use scrolls.

Stats are IMO

STR: 16
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 12
WIS: 14
CHA: 8
>>
>>53459932
On second thought, I'd give him more CON.
>>
>mangafox
>>
>>53459678
I think that anon is referring to the common criticism at that work, that the Gob Slayer's mere presence tends to make everyone stupider and fail due to rules previously unimportant in the story.
>>
>>53458539
Fighter 5 / Ranger 3
>>
>>53458539
GS is awful at killing anything other than gobs. He's middle of the road above-average in all stats except for CHA where gets a 2/3.
>>
>>53458676
Unfortunately, a level 3 could probably clean a goblin nest by themselves.
>>
>>53459964
>having /a/utism outside of /a/
>>
>>53458539
>>53458634
He can use scrolls.
>>
>>53461456
If /pol/ can come in here every time we talk about Africa and have autism, then /a/ can come in here and have autism as well. This is 4chan, the place we're fucking autism was born.
>>
>>53458539
Nah he'd be able to cast spells if he had a higher wisdom score, you can tell that stat suffers a fair bit because of the sheer amount of autism/PTSD the guy has over goblins.
his int and charisma is probably pretty damn good though, and he clearly has armor proficiency heavy.

considering the guy has the cash flow to buy a fucking gate scroll as well as all the exotic shit he buys and gains proficiency over. hes got to be at least lv 10.
>>
>>53458634
>lv3

Ha ha ha, nice joke lad

Goblins in that universe seem to be incredibly dangerous and threats to even high as fuck level parties (do the elf and lizardman shaman look low level to you?) and are grossly unferestimated.
The goblin slayer could be easily level 7 even 10, if only by experience alone
>>
>>53462017
I agree with you that level 3 is way too low for the guy, but goblins in this universe are only dangerous because they go by "Tucker's goblins" logic. In canon it was acknowledged that they're only as strong as a small child (and equally intelligent, though that's still intelligent enough to lay basic traps on unsuspecting newbies). They're underestimated because they truly are THAT weak, and if Goblin Slayer runs by vidya game logic (please no, we already have enough shitty anime doing that!) they're probably worth shit in terms of exp.
>>
>>53459801
An owlbear’s coat ranges in color from brown-black to yellowish brown; its beak is a dull ivory color. A full-grown male can stand as tall as 8 feet and weigh up to 1,500 pounds. Adventurers who have survived encounters with the creature often speak of the bestial madness they glimpsed in its red-rimmed eyes.
>>
File: goblin.jpg (175KB, 1401x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.jpg
175KB, 1401x1000px
>>53458539
Honestly I think he's basically just your normal fighter, specializing in using a buckler and short sword with medium armor.

He's probably neutral good, honestly I don't think he cares for the law all that much, it just happens to be legal to kill goblins for money. If goblins were suddenly protected by law, I highly doubt that would stop him.

Honestly, I'm surprised he isn't more respected at the adventurers guild. He's basically a walking charity, clearing out goblin hideouts and protecting low level players in the process. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people currently in the guild were able to reach their power and wealth thanks to Goblin Slayer thinning down the hordes for them. So why is he treated like dirt?
>>
>>53462489
>He's basically a walking charity
Which is enough reason to be considered a chump by most people. The only charitable workers who are truly respected are the ones who -for better or for worse, by design or by coincidence- virtue signal hard as fuck. Goblin Slayer doesn't care about being seen as a good guy or even about getting paid.

Think about it like this: who's more respected, the guy who went to an Ivy League college only to teach Africans how to improve their shitty farms, or the self-made billionaire who owns a multinational agricultural firm?
>>
Don't stat him, stat his helmet. He must have some exceptional helmet since nobody else seems to bother.
>>
>>53458539
Spell-less variant revised ranger in the hunter conclave who took feats over stat increases and is in the tier of play where he is nationally known.
>>
>>53461415
Not in Goblin Slayer. Any level of character can get KOed by a single lucky attack and then gang-raped and/or eaten alive.
>>
>>53461393
>low charisma

We're talking a dude that rallied an entire adventurers guild to his side simply by asking for help in a sincere manner.

He's got charisma for days.
>>
>>53463579
You mean the guild that didn't give a shit until they got paid for every kill? Did we read the same manga?
>>
>>53458539
>Mangafox
He's literally an NPC with a broken ability that lets him disable Goblins ability to roll. Given it canonically uses 5e rules, I guess he'd be a warrior.
>>
>>53463579
Also he has like 4 girls pining for his chad goblinslayer cock.
>>
Is GS really neutral good?
I haven't read much but he seems more to me lawful neutral. He doesn't really care much but he will slaughter goblins.
And he doesn't do it out of a sense of justify or greater good, he just really fucking hates goblins.
>>
>>53463738
He slaughters goblins to protect others and because he fucking hates them. But he does do it to protect others.

And goblins in this setting really are just all rapemonsters that torture people that they're in the process of killing and raping.
>>
>>53458539
>STR: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>DEX: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>CON: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>INT: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>WIS: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>CHA: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
>>
>>53463859
>But he does do it to protect others
He doesn't care when it's any other threat though.
>>
>>53463888
>CHA: Favored Enemy: Goblins.
I'm looking forward to the chapter where Goblin Slayer infiltrates a goblin king's court.

>"Day 144: There is panic at the court after 13 families were brutally disemboweled and hung from the highest tower. The goblins still do not realize I am Goblin Slayer."
>>
>>53463738
>>53463913
He's still good because he goes out of his way to help people the best he can.
As shown by how he reacted to the Oni, he just genuinely doesn't grasp how other situations are a threat.
>>
>>53463913
He knows he's out of his league and there are more capable people dealing with those threats and he had a point. If every hero went off gallivanting against the demons and shit there'd still be goblins rampaging about virtually unchecked.
>>
Where is the rape?
>>
>>53464719
The Goblin nests.
>>
>>53462017
>He should be around that level considering that he is a silver ranked adventurer.

But Gobs can only fuck with high-level parties if they're in their nest and the invading party is made of retards who forget to take the most basic counter-measures.

Any other silver party would wipe out gobs' nests if they wished so.
>>
>>53462017
Actually, plenty seem surprisingly inexperienced. That Elf was curiously unused to all the blood.
>>
So who's the villain? The DM?
>>
>>53463092
>implying Heroine can
>>
>>53463579
Is that really charisma? It's not like he rocked up out of nowhere and asked for help, he's basically a feature at that adventurers guild. Reputation, calling favours in and setting an admirable example don't necessarily equate into a crazy high charisma stat.

Certainly his general interactions don't suggest a high charisma value. His success in the manga is based mostly of 'reputation' if that is at all a thing that can be put into a stat.

>>53463738
>>53463859
>>53464049
He's outright admitted the possibility that there may be a 'good goblin' or even more than one out there somewhere. And he'd still shank them without a second thought.

He hates goblins enough to dedicate his life to exterminating them. It's merely coincidental that he protects and saves so much in the process. Lawful Neutral at BEST.
>>
>>53462238
They are also being powered up by a greater plot where their God is givinghem enhanced ability and intelligence.
>>
>>53465364
He's chaotic neutral. Period. He's the poster child of having a single compulsive habit that drives his actions outside societal norms and expectations. Lawful Neutral would imply he is more ingrained into normal life and a cog of a greater machine. He's just an obsessive murderhobo whose ideals line up with what the world needs.
>>
>>53465750
Fair enough, I'll go with that. There doesn't seem to be a particular code or set of principles he lives his life by.

Chaotic also explains him occasionally -not- killing gobbos immediately to save a life in the short term.
>>
is this manga worth the read or does it get repetitive quick?
>>
>>53466248
I find it pretty fun to read, but it's certainly not treading any new ground or anything. Goblin Slayer does brutally murder hundreds of goblins in unique ways over the course of the story though.
>>
>>53466248
Depends on what your coming for. Goblin Slayer is basically Doom Guy, so if you want to see an angry soldier killing thousands of goblins in unique ways with a bunch of cute girls crying over stuff, then its right up your alley. If you want introspection or a complicated plot, yeah no.
>>
>>53466248
It's a campaign going wrong in the worst of ways. The DM shoving his brand of pseudo-realism while the MC does blatantly stupid stuff and survives. A lack of legitimate in-universe reason for the threat being a threat. A lack of in-universe justification for much of things. Unfortunately we don't have any derails.
>>
>>53466669
if you read the LN you find out it basically is a D&D campaign between gods and GS is essentially an NPC that isn't under anyones control out of sheer butthurt of goblins continuing to exist.
>>
>>53458539
Anyone who thinks he's a ranger is so desperate for the "favored enemy" feature that they grab the first thing that looks right and don't give a single fuck about anything else.

He's a Fighter 6/Sworn Slayer 3. Sworn foe is goblinoids.
>>
>>53466724
Exactly. A campaign gone wrong. A character who inexplicably negates the setting's rules for no reason.
>>
>>53466933
It's probably more that everyone forgot that Sworn Slayer was a thing. I know I did.
>>
>>53461393
>GS is awful at killing anything other than gobs
What about that Ogre, huh?
>>
>>53468551

Even at the story's worst, its basically That Guy roleplaying his hardest as the Punisher (except hes actually a pretty dude under the armor who is misunderstood and his biggest flaw is he took goblin sperm in the bum as a kid maybe who the fuck cares) featuring girls getting raped. So it should be taken as seriously as a 90s fantasy hentai.

I mean lets look at it this way. If you ever wanted more violence than rape in those old series, then Goblin Slayer is a dumb fun kind of action story. If you wanted anything more than that, like more sex or more story than violence, then its a waste of time.
>>
>>53458539
>>53459932
>>53458933
>Lower INT and WIS
Goblin Slayer isn't the best of fighters he wins because he just study his most favorite enemy like the Anti-Soc kid in the back of the class room

>GS is just a nerd
>>
>>53469456
Scores above 10 are above average. Are you suggesting he should be a genius at 18 INT or something?
Knowledge is a separate skill, you can be well learned in specific subjects (such as Knowledge [Nature] which includes monstrous humanoids such as goblinoids and their dwellings) with only average INT scores.
>>
>>53469441
Words Worth was the shit tho
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.