[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG: Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 21

File: 1495816298593.png (391KB, 468x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495816298593.png
391KB, 468x640px
Dredge is the best deck and most interactive deck in the format edition
RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
https://pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ
>>
>>53457098
iS JUND GUT FOR THIS POST MIRACLES META???
>>
>>53457606
Jund still loses to fast combo, or so I've been told. When I've tried it I crushed combo with TSeize and Hymn though.
>>
>>53457725
>Eidolon of memes
>Seize+IoK
>Hymn
>>
>>53457098
>The OP Image
Thanks for that Anon

Got absolutely savaged last night at FNM. Played against 2 really bad matchups: Elves and Goblins. Worst part is that I misplayed through the Elves one and should have one. The Goblins one was weird and I won G1, and would have won G2 but he hit me with a topdecked Pyrokinesis and wiped my board, and I lost G3.

Beat a Topless Miracles deck though, so there's that.

>>53457821
Discard is good, but don't forget that Storm still has Past in Flames so it can recast whatever you discarded
>>
>>53458271
Discard PiF.
Exile PiF.
>>
>>53459253
>Exile PiF.

With what, Surgical? That can work, but you're leaning pretty heavily on drawing those cards in order to have a fighting chance
>>
>>53460411
DRS.
Ooze.
>>
>>53457606
I'd probably be playing Jund if I could give up Force and Chalice. The prison cards really get me though.
>>
Been gone from MTG for over half a decade now and want to get back into Legacy. What's the best mono blue Merfolk deck right now? I got one of those fancy Force of Wills out of the new set and want to work on building up a mono blue Legacy deck.
>>
>>53460456
You realize that ANT can easily go off Turn 3? What's Ooze going to do in that scenario? Listen, I get that DRS is strong and it's hard for Storm to beat it, but this isn't modern.

>>53462910
>What's the best mono blue Merfolk deck right now?
There really isn't one as far as I know. The best ones I've seen are just the Modern ones except they have 4 Force of Will in them, and I think Wastelands
>>
>>53463326
You should have been disrupting him turn 1-3, the Ooze/DRS part was for the exile part.

A bit rusty right now, but you might be right on the speed storm can take now.
>>
>>53463326
>this isnt Modern
You're right, Moderns a good format unlike this one
>>
>>53457606
It also seems sweet vs all this delver running around
>>
>>53463354
>You should have been disrupting him turn 1-3, the Ooze/DRS part was for the exile part.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. For what it's worth, I can see how Jund can beat Storm, but I think it's probably closer to a 50/50 matchup rather than there being a clear favorite. You can see how a good draw from Jund can close out a game quickly, but at the same time not having enough disruption will leave you dead.

>>53463700
>It also seems sweet vs all this delver running around
Punishing Jund is really good vs Delver, but I think this version is even worse vs fast combo. So it's meta dependent.
>>
>>53464650
As said, long time no play, but I know JUND doesn't play nice with 'fair' decks, maybe JUNDK?
>>
What happened to the thread? Was down for DAYS.

It's good to be back.
>>
What are some good all around sideboard staples? I need to build sideboards for my depth and stiflenaught decks
>>
>>53465067
No one wanted to make a new one.
>>
I'm looking to make a Conspiracy 2 cube. What should my rarity split look like? I'm leaning towards 3/2/1/1 since that seems close to what an actual 36 pack draft would be like on average, but I'd like a second opinion.
>>
>>53464650
The worst match up would be be reanimator. Maybe I will need leyline on the sideboard
>>
File: Comfy Burn Players.png (353KB, 872x499px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Burn Players.png
353KB, 872x499px
My favorite spicy sideboard card is Defense Grid, but for Depths Not of this World can counter Swords hitting the Marit token, I've seen Lost Legacy in some sideboards and I guess if you can cast it early it can just neuter some decks.
Pic unrelated, some unfortunate burn player losing g2.
>>
>>53467619
>>53465426
aaaaaaaaah I'm ready to die now
>>
>>53458271
What deck did you use?
>>
>>53465067
People were hoping that namefags committed suicide in the meantime. It didn't work
>>
>>53465426
>What are some good all around sideboard staples? I need to build sideboards for my depth and stiflenaught decks

Pithing Needle is always a good one, especially since you can name Wasteland for your Depths deck.

Grafdigger's Cage could be good for Stiflenaught, not for Depths.

>>53464693
>As said, long time no play, but I know JUND doesn't play nice with 'fair' decks, maybe JUNDK?

Jund is a fine deck and is pretty decent vs most fair decks. It really has a problem with the Unfair decks, as >>53466706
says.

I wouldn't do 4 Colors, too much chance to get hated out of the game by the top decks
>>
>>53470750
>What deck did you use?
Just saw this. I played Grixis Delver, with a configuration like this:

4x Deathrite
4x Delver of Secrets
2x Young Pyromancer
2x True-Name Nemesis
2x Gurmag Angler
4x Brainstorm
4x Ponder
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Force of Will
4x Daze
4x Gitaxian Probe
2x Cabal Therapy
1x Spell Pierce
1x Murderous Cut
4x Flooded Strand
4x Polluted Delta
3x Volcanic Island
2x Underground Sea
1x Tropical Island
4x Wasteland

Sideboard was:
1x Pithing Needle
2x Stifle
1x Fatal Push (I'm going to switch this out for a Forked Bolt probably)
2x Surgical Extraction
2x Pyroblast
1x Ancient Grudge
1x Baleful Strix
1x Liliana, the Last Hope (v good versus control and also versus other midrange decks)
1x Sulfuric Vortex (there's a topless miracles player at my store)
1x Sulfur Elemental
1x Fire Covenant
1x Sudden Demise

I was surprised I had trouble with Goblins given that I sided in Fatal Push and my 2 sweepers, but them's the breaks. I misplayed vs Elves G1, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory where I didn't attack with my shaman one turn and then got him down to 1 life - sucks to suck
>>
HEY LEGACY FAGS, JUST HEARD THAT TOP GOT BANNED. HOW'S IT FEEL TO HAVE A GOOD FORMAT AGAIN?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 299x169px
Why aren't you playing mono black yet, tg?
>>
>>53478203
I don't want to buy a Tabernacle.
>>
Went to a legacy tournament this weekend. Heard the most autistic thing in my life. Dude who has been playing the stock new Miracles list on the Source said that he's been dropping leagues at 4-0 so his decklist doesn't get posted online.

Was very hard to contain my laughter. Wanted to ask him if he got 9th place in the tournament so he could avoid getting his decklist posted again.
>>
>>53478261
He's one of THOSE guys, huh.
>>
>>53478261
best part about this is that there is no way to confirm it, dude could totally suck at magic. I know some pros do it before major events so people don't know what they're on, but its totally ridiculous for a nobody who isn't even playing an innovative list.
>>
>>53478203
Because I'd rather dome you with Bolts.
>>
>>53478355
I knew who he was. Fairly well known in Miracles circles, so I imagine that he is telling the truth. Doesn't change the fact about how fucking stupid it is. It isn't like there is a fucking Legacy protour he needs to keep his shit hidden from. Secret list or not he's gonna get simian ape'd by a Show and Tell deck regardless.
>>
>>53480999
>It isn't like there is a fucking Legacy protour he needs to keep his shit hidden from.

Nice trips
That being said, there is the GP in Vegas coming up in a couple weeks. But even then, he would have to be extremely good at Magic (like, Caleb Durward-tier) to even have come up with a powerful new variant of the deck.
>>
>>53482999
>(like, Caleb Durward-tier)

Is that a joke? Caleb is fine, but he's not going to take down a GP any time soon.
>>
File: 130065_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
130065_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
Hm, Harsh Mentor has hit $1.50 (from its high of $10 a piece back when the set launched) on TCGPlayer. Do you think now is a good time to pick some up? I normally wait until fall to scoop up interesting cards for potential brews, but this seems like a pretty good price for its effect. What do you guys think?
>>
>>53483055
>Is that a joke? Caleb is fine, but he's not going to take down a GP any time soon.

Allow me to clarify - I was referencing how he basically invented the version of Survival of the Fittest that eventually got it banned. He's a pretty decent deckbuilder, maybe not the best player.

My original comment was pretty ambiguous, no worries

>>53483521
He's not really played because Top was banned. Honestly, I wish he hit mana abilities too but then he'd probably be too good
>>
>>53483629
>Honestly, I wish he hit mana abilities too but then he'd probably be too good
Yeah, shocking your opponent every time they tap a land might not be good gameplay.
>>
>>53483521
He is a hate piece.
For something a bit uncommon.
On the color that isn't white.
>>
>>53483629

He hits DRS, right? The one that exiles a land card to make mana?
>>
>>53483797
yep, not a mana ability.
>>
>>53483806
I laughed a lot when a guy named Led
>>
>>53484294
Everytim.
>>
File: Coolface.gif (3KB, 194x159px) Image search: [Google]
Coolface.gif
3KB, 194x159px
>>53477091

Feels pretty good, man.

>>53478203

Short answer: too many expensive cards with no crossover value.

>>53480999

The funny part is that if he's dropping at 4–0, he has no idea whether he'd actually manage to 5–0 a single one of the leagues.

>>53484294

I'd laugh when someone named anything with Harsh Mentor. Of course, I've seen a lot of people name LED with Pithing Needle. Good times all around.

>>53474470

Why Fire Covenant instead of something like Toxic Deluge?
>>
>>53484487
Because I'm pretty sure if you had to run Wrath of God or instant speed Plague Wind in your Delver/Pyro/TNN deck I think you'd favor the later.
>>
>>53484647

Silly me; I keep forgetting that decks tend to run creatures of their own.
>>
>>53484487
>I'd laugh when someone named anything with Harsh Mentor.

You don't name anything with Harsh Mentor, though. It's like Suppression Field, it's a prison effect.
>>
>>53483758
>Yeah, shocking your opponent every time they tap a land might not be good gameplay.

Lel, good call man. Yeah that could've been better thought out on my part

>>53484487
>Why Fire Covenant instead of something like Toxic Deluge?

What >>53484647 said, basically it is an instant speed Plague Wind. I liken it to a "Super Dismember"
>>
>>53485668

That's my point.
>He hits DRS, right?
>yep, not a mana ability.
>I laughed a lot when a guy named Led

>>53485743

In fairness, hitting fetches is a pretty good aspect of Harsh Mentor. Getting Bolted to fix your mana is pretty—well—harsh.

I don't play anything that would run Harsh Mentor, but I think it's got potential. The main problems I see with it are that it doesn't stop people from slinging spells or attacking and it goes poorly with Blood Moon.
>>
4x brainstorm
4x ponder
4x daze
4x force of will
4x phyrexian dreadnought
4x myr servitor
3x thopter foundry
3x sword of the meek
4x thirst for knowledge
4x stifle
4x lotus petal
+ lands

This is more of a casual legacy deck. Can someone notice something to improve this? I know torpor and sundial are cards but im still thinking about them.
>>
>>53489639
What's the point of Myr Servitor? You could also play vision charm.
>>
>>53489829
i just decided to throw it out there cause its a 1/1 for meek and artifact for the sac/draw spells. And it keeps coming back with more of them.
>>
>>53489867
I didn't really think of the synergy with TFK, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to play it. There's got to be better cards.
>>
>>53489867
Transmute Artifact or Reshape can let you turn Servitors and Swords into Dreadnoughts and Foundries.
>>
Hi guys, I have a series of questions regarding Dredge decks. I was at a Legacy tournament yesterday and lost against such a deck. I knew the combo (basically, Narcomoeba + Dread Return + Bridge from Below) but I wanted a little more details.

The combo trigger was Breakthrough for 0: my opponent dredged 5 instead of drawing the first card, which put another dredger and a Narcomoeba in the graveyard, he used that new card to dredge again, and soon he had his whole deck in the yard. He then sacced the Narcomoebae to bring back a shitty creature giving haste to all his zombie tokens.
At that point, several questions come to me:
- can he use what went in the graveyard instead of drawing the first card to replace the drawing of the next one? is "drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?
- when do the Narcomoebae come into play? After the fourth card is drawn and the hand discarded? as soon as it gets in the yard from the library? can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time? (it all depends on the number of Bridges from Below in the yard though)
- can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre (or Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog), to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Basically, I have a hard time evaluating the timing for my possible answers to the combo (which is much easier to evaluate against Storm combo decks...). Every help is welcome.
>>
>>53496016
Oh you played against the mana version of dredge?
>>
>>53496056
I saw some Gemstone mines and Cephalid Coliseums, but also a LED. So... should I call it half and half?
>>
>>53496016
A lot of stuff to answer here so I'll try to keep it as clear as possible for you.

>- can he use what went in the graveyard instead of drawing the first card to replace the drawing of the next one? is "drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?

Yes, drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one. It is similar to is there is an effect such as Lantern of Insight or Field of Dreams in play that you need to flip over the top card and reveal it before you can draw it. With that said, yes gets to do the dredge five and see what goes into the graveyard before he has to choose what to do with the next draw.

>- when do the Narcomoebae come into play? After the fourth card is drawn and the hand discarded? as soon as it gets in the yard from the library? can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time? (it all depends on the number of Bridges from Below in the yard though)

The Narcomoeba trigger as they go into the graveyard from the library. However the triggers don't actually go onto the stack until the spell (in this case Breakthrough) has fully finished resolving (ie discarding down to X cards). Once Breakthrough is done you put the triggers for each Narcomoeba that entered the graveyard on to the stack. You can respond inbetween the triggers but by then all of the cards will be in the graveyard.

>- can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre (or Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog), to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Yup. There are two ways to do this. Since this is all happening in the draw step priority will still have to be passed to you after all the graveyard shenanigans have happened. If you just want to Faerie Macabre the Dread Return, make sure you do it either in response to

Cont
>>
>>53496537
in response to the Narcs triggers OR when priority is passed to you while still in their draw step. If you let them move to their Main Phase 1 then you won't have priority and they will be able to Flashback the Dread Return before you can get rid of it. In terms of Crop Rotating for Bojuka Bog you would definitely want to do it while the Narc triggers are all on the stack. That way when you Bog them, the Narcs will be exiled and when the triggers resolve there will be nothing to return.

Hope that helps. Figuring out the timing on when you can get rid of stuff against Dredge is one of the most valuable ways to stem bleeding until you can slam something powerful like Rest in Peace or a Yixlid Jailer etc.
>>
>>53496248
If you see any lands it's regular Dredge. If you see cards like Phantasmagorian, Nether Spirit, Whirlpool Rider then it's Manaless Dredge.
>>
>>53496599
I also realized that a good way to fuck with them would be to bolt on of my own creatures when the Narcs triggers are on the stack. I didn't study that guy's deck extensively but I didn't see any other wincon than "lots of zombies".

>>53496652
Then it was regular dredge. I would have preferred manaless, Breakthrough is really powerful in that one...
>>
>>53496537

>drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one

This. One thing for clarification: off a single spell or ability, the draws all happen in a row with no opportunity for responses to individual draws. The only reason the opponent is allowed to choose a card he just flipped over with the previous draw is that Dredge is a replacement effect, not an ability (it can't be Stifled, for instance). The cards you flip over off of a Dredge are considered to be in the graveyard during the draw spell's resolution even if they weren't there when the spell started resolving.

>>53496016

>"drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?

I don't think replacement effects have timing restrictions. They just change the effect of something that has its own timing restrictions. So he doesn't have to declare what replacement effect he's using until the action being replaced would occur.

>when do the Narcomoebae come into play? . . . can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time?

Narcomoeba triggers when it hits the graveyard from the library, but the EtB goes on the stack after whatever spell or effect put it there is done. Then each Narco trigger will resolve in whatever order the Dredger chooses. So you can't Bolt one during the resolution of a draw spell, but you can respond between separate Narco triggers if more than one gets dredged out during one spell's resolution. N.B.: Don't Bolt a Narcomoeba when the opponent has Bridges.

>can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre . . . to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Narcomoeba doesn't enter the battlefield until Breakthrough resolves, so no. However, you can use instants/instant-speed abilities in response to one of the Narcos entering the battlefield.
>>
>>53497058

>a replacement effect, not an ability (it can't be Stifled, for instance).

Further clarification: Replacement effects are abilities cards have (so things that cause cards to lose abilities in the graveyard will cause them to lose Dredge), but they're not activated abilities or triggered abilities, so they can't be countered.
>>
>>53497058
>N.B.: Don't Bolt a Narcomoeba when the opponent has Bridges.
Yup. The point would have been to avoid having 3 creatures on the field at a given time, but he would simply have to sacrifice one token instead of a Narc.

>Narcomoeba doesn't enter the battlefield until Breakthrough resolves, so no.
Well, if the triggers are put in the stack when Breakthrough ended resolving, I could definitely discard Faerie (or use Surgical extraction or Crop rotate into Bojuka or activate Nihil spellbomb) to exile Dread Return before the Narcs are into play, and before my opponents gets to cast a sorcery... couldn't I ?
>>
>>53496537
>Yes, drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one.
Also, another question: should someone have Future Sight / Courser of Kruphix into play, and play Brainstorm or Sylvan Library, should he reveal all the cards he draws?
>>
>>53497832
Yes
>>
As a TES player, I need help to sideboard against BR reanimator
>>
>>53498307
4 Surgicals and lotsa prayer. Nothing you can really do besides having the turn 1 Ad Nauseam->Tendrils.
>>
>>53498307
Bribery as a Burning Wish target is fun, it's pretty hard to lose when you get a turn one flying, lifelinking Yawgmoth's Bargain in a storm deck. It's honestly worth running just for the reactions to using it. Also lots of surgicals/faerie Macabres.
>>
>>53498351
You don'tneed turn 1 before sideboard (on the play). You just win t2 while they stare their useless griselbrand
>>
>>53500279
Most br players will draw 7, and then make you discard if their draws don't suck. So the match up isn't exactly favorable, play or draw. Sometimes they don't even reanimate on t1, and instead play a discard spell. Lots of ways it can go wrong
>>
Sup /Legacy/, I'm just beginning to get interested in the format after the banning of Top. I was looking at some Nic Fit lists and I was curious if the deck is good in the new meta game. Also would it just be better to play a BUG list with leovold instead of the Abzan GSZ lists?
>>
>>53502580
nic fit is always playable but never really "good." It is definitely fun though, there's a ton of stuff you can do with the deck and a lot of deck-building decisions to make, and games rarely play out in the same manner every time. As for bug v junk, it really depends on how you like to play the game and what cards you want to use, I don't think one is necessarily that much better than the other.
>>
Bumperooney
>>
File: 20170529_184733.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_184733.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
Found a box of mtg cards from the early 90's my question can I build a decent deck or are my cards irrelevant now pic related
>>
>>53504890
lol
>>
>>53504890
Also these are from the revised edition correct?
>>
>>53504890
I dont get it
>>
>>53504890
>>53504911

They are from Unlimited edition. No copyright date.
>>
>>53504958
Thanks man my first time on /tg wasn't sure where to ask
>>
>>53504890
why don't you post them all and we'll be able to tell you better. Those are some of the weaker cards from the set.

Check this out and report back what you got, I'm kinda curious
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/index/2ED#paper
>>
>>53504890
>>53504911
>>53504958
100% Revised, not Unlimited. Also all cards in the picture are carp, but if you have other stuff from back then, i.e. Duals, then you may have some good shit/$$$.
>>
>>53504958
Revised, compare Unlimited Black Ward:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=833

To Revised:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1331

Text is smaller in Revised.
>>
File: 20170529_194227.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_194227.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
So far I sorted them by color into stacks no artifacts strangely Idk where to even start
>>
>>53505206
Seems like ice age, portal, and mirage are the bulk
>>
>>53505206
You also have some Ice Age and Portal cards, still crap for what is visible.
>>
>>53505206
Also The Dark. Separate shit out and take pictures of as much as you can and we can see if there's anything of value. So far all bulk crap, but that's just the top that we can see.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/29-05-17-nxw-bant-coco/

Am I a retarded faggot or what?
>>
>>53505206
you dumb nigger separate them all out onto the carpet and take clear pictures
>>
>>53505282
>4 Batterskulls
>Sol Ring
Oooh baby what is you doin?
>>
hey guys I need help building a deck, what are some cards that play with +1/+1 counters? like kalonian hydra, zamsec guildmage, or even scavenging ooze.

I /kinda/ have a decklist, but I'm still really new and don't know whats out there
>>
>>53505282
jesus that's bad. You should only have two stoneforge targets in the main. 4 Batterskull is utterly retarded as it's a complete non-bo with collected company. Brainstorm isn't really gelling with what you're trying to do here. Why is phantasmal image in the deck? Take out Sol Ring.

I would keep the artifacts to 1 Jitte and 1 Batterskull. Add more value and hatebear type creatures (knight of the reliquary, gaddock teeg, etc.). Wrath is utterly idiotic too if you're playing a collected company deck (the majority of decks you're playing against in legacy either don't care about it like combo decks, counter it (delver, stoneblade), or you should just fight them on the ground (death and taxes)
>>
>>53505316

Just taking the old dual lands I have and smashing them together with a bunch of bullshit. I want to ramp and try to grab coco with Brainstorm.
>>
File: 20170529_195226.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_195226.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
Sorry about the pics before
>>
>>53505363
If you're playing with SFM then you don't need 4 Batterskull. Also Sol Ring is not legal in Legacy
>>
File: 20170529_195259.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_195259.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>53505368
Should I even be posting here
>>
>>53505368
4th Ed Land Tax ~$20
Rest in pic is crap
>>
>>53505282
yes, you are
>wraths in a non control deck
>wraths in general
>fucking sol ring
>4 batterskull
>multiple swords
>no removal
>nothing to carry any of the equipment
>fucking trophy mage
>coco AT ALL in a format where you have access to an assload of better cards
>no counters
its like you got lost on your way to the modern thread lol
>>
>>53505368
Land Tax is worth something.

http://www.mtgprice.com/sets/4th_Edition/Land_Tax

Do me a favor and mail me that icatian javelineers!
>>
>>53505391
Blurry, but still bulk crap.
>>
>>53505388

Why wouldn't I want coco to hit two stoneforge or one stoneforge and phantasmal image as a copy to fetch two batterskulls at once?
>>
>>53505391
anything of value is going to be in blue so go through that
also look for dual lands and mail them to me kthx
>>
>>53505346
What's your goal here? Are you trying to do kitchen table stuff? Are you going to be going to a local legacy event?
>>
>>53505417
Seriously, you need Fallen Empires cards? I'll pay you to take them
>>
>>53505363
>>
File: 20170529_195713.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_195713.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
Some of the blues, this is going to take all night lol
>>
>>53505441
He could have other hidden gems, like the Land Tax, so no, don't just skip to blue.
>>
>>53505451
I have a few pauper decks that are fun to play with friends (I use the MTGO metagame). A lot of people I play with casually aren't used to playing with competitive, thought out lists, so there's a lot of chaff I could use.

Basically I'm always looking for cool versions of anything in any of the decks here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper
>>
>>53505434
because you only need the one batterskull? why even run coco when you can just run 4 mystics and cantrips to find them or something else you need instead of a 4 mana spell that might find them
also what are you expecting to carry to swords? none of your guys have flying or protection, get some TNN's or go home

>>53505474
got any recalls or timetwisters or forces?
>>
>>53505474
Maybe you could just type up a list instead of just posting a million pictures
>>
>>53505446
oh, kitchen table sorry, A friend of mine gave me some spare cards to get started, and most of them involve +1/+1 counters on some way, so I figured I'd make it a theme
>>
>>53505474
Counterspell and Brianstorm, both good cards, but not much money. $1.50 for the Counterspell and $.75 for the Brianstorm.
>>
>>53505507
hardened scales and winding constrictor are consideration to play with, they're really fun cards but I don't know how well they'd fare. but those cards with the modular cards is fun
>>
>>53505485
Fair enough, I honestly don't play enough pauper myself.
>>
>>53505486

>TNN

Why the fuck would anyone play this card in a duel? Like wtf?

>>53505466

Dude the good lands are all I have. I guess I'm supposed to be casting tutors and shit
>>
>>53505507
Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Forgotten Ancient. Depends on how much you want/are willing to spend. If just doing kitchen table, well then...
>>
>>53505507
With kitchen table, I would just cobble the cards you have together. Black and Green are going to be able to form a solid +1/+1 counter themed deck. Filter through the cards you have into 35 spells and 25 lands (you can cut lands if your mana curve is low).

As you start to play with cards you'll notice interactions and which cards are less strong. There are tons of really cheap cards you can pick up that will improve your deck a lot and make it more fun to play!

>>53505555
It's an incredibly fun format. I pulled a foil goyf and scalding tarn at an MM17 draft, sold them, and bought three pauper decks. My friends keep begging me to play all the time. Best thing? I can keep them around together forever, and they feel like tightly constructed decks.
>>
>>53505536
Thanks! I just got into magic (played a bit in highschool, never made a deck until now) , so literally any info is super helpful.
>>
>>53505486
hurkyls recall is the only one I have
>>
>>53505567
because it's good you dunce
>>
>>53505579
Ancestral Recall, not Hurky's, lol.
>>
>>53505573
doubling season is probably a bit out of my budget, but I appreciate the suggestions!
>>53505576
Solid advice thank you
>>
>>53505578
that anon's recommendation of winding constrictor is a great start. You can also just search through gatherer lol

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[+1/+1]+[counter]
>>
>>53505603
yeah that's worth a few hundred dollars mate,
>>
>>53505618
This x1000. Gatherer is your friend. Advanced Search doubly so.
>>
>>53505618
>>53505641
I didn't know this existed, thank you
>>
>>53505637
Yeah, I know, but I'm not the anon posting the pictures. My Ancestral Recall is with the rest of my Power (sans Time Twister).
>>
>>53505528
>>53505474
So my initial question is not of the value but usability if I build a deck from these old cards and go to my local shop will I be getting my shit wrecked by the young bucks
>>
>>53505685
With just what we've seen, oh yeah.
>>
>>53505685
google Leovold, Emissary of Trest
>>
>>53505685
Also the matter of what format. Most of what you've posted is only Vintage/Legacy legal. And although Counterspell, Brainstorm and Land Tax are the best of what we've seen of what you have, a deck they do not make.
>>
>>53505685
almost definitely. You should read some content about the competitive formats if that's what you're interested in.

Legacy decks have cards from dozens of different formats (generally). Only people who have vigilantly maintained collections for 20 years can put together a deck without buying extra cards. Even then, there are a few cards in Legacy that were only printed in Conspiracy, Planechase or Commander. Kind of a pain. You'll have to spend some money to play competitively.

>>53505641
>>53505660
glad I could help!
>>
>>53505733
in the second paragraph, replace formats with sets.
>>
>>53505600

seems like a super asshole move
>>
>>53505685
If you are just doing some 60 card casual shit, then you might be able to throw down and just have some fun with some like minded people. You could also possibly build a Cube and get people to play that. Some of the older players that have been playing since '94-96, when most of the cards we've seen you have are from, would probably appreciate it.
>>
>>53505733
>>53505720
>>53505692
Alright so it seems like my best bet is finding what gems i can then trading the bulk in for credit and reinvesting in some new sets. I haven't played mtg in like 10 years I sold all my cards during some rough times and I just got these from an old friend
>>
>>53505790
You might find it a little difficult to unload the bulk. Depending on what you plan to do with it. I would suggest seeing what of value you do have and decide if you want to keep it or not and sell/trade that stuff for what you want/need.
>>
>>53505774
git gud or get out
>>
>>53505790
You keep supplying the pictures, and I'll gladly keep letting you know what's worth $ or is actually decent to play with still.
>>
>>53505790
That's about right. There might be an active legacy scene where you are but it's extraordinarily expensive to put down if you haven't played in years.

Check out some cards from the "standard" format. Standard is a format which only has the previous few sets. The way sets rotate in and out is a little complicated but as you read more you'll pick up on it.

Here are some resources to get you started:

http://whatsinstandard.com/ - The list of sets in standard.
http://store.channelfireball.com/landing - Has a lot of content from standard and other formats. Check out standard articles and videos!
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/standard-type-2 - MTGsalvation can sometimes be garbage but to get your head around stuff you can lurk and read.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#paper - A list of the current competitive decks and how much they cost. Set prices to "paper."

Eventually you'll understand more. You can also buy a starter deck from your LGS, head to an FNM, try to make some friends, and ask them how to put some other decks together.
>>
>>53505790
>>53505850
here I would also put the gems into a card binder/folder (you can find these on amazon) and taking them to your LGS to trade. Often people are looking for some of the stuff you have. Put in anything worth more than a dollar.

Anything you can't move within a few weeks just trade into your LGS or send to a buylist for credit. You can improve your standard deck with that.

If you have friends who play MTG, they might play EDH/Commander. You can buy a preconstructed commander deck (usually 25-40 dollars), head to the EDH/Commander general, and ask how to improve that preconstructed.

Basically, see what your local scene/friend group is like, see what's up.
>>
>>53505891
This is also a good idea. Like that Land Tax, you might want to sleeve it. It looks pretty much NM in the picture and is worth about $18. You might have some more expensive stuff still buried in the piles you have.
>>
>>53505850
>>53505891
this anon here. Has anyone ever compile a pastebin or some kind of document detailing how to get into MTG if you're in one of these common situations?

I'm autistic enough to do this and get some feedback from the community if it would help answer some of these questions.
>>
>>53505961
Dunno, but there are plenty of podcasts and youtube videos out there about it.
>>
Found these in the middle of the lands
>>
>>53505996
You forgot the pic.
>>
File: 20170529_203350.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_203350.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>53505996
>>
>>53505987
True but they never get linked here and usually have a lot of information that's not easily searched and may be out of date. Also there's lots of really good specific information out there but not a general "here's where to go" place. At least from my experience.

>>53506013
I don't think any of that is worth anything.
>>
File: 20170529_203401.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_203401.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>53506013
>>
>>53506013
More bulk.
>>
>>53505790
Just buy Chinamen fakes and everything will be much cheaper
>>
>>53506036
Even more bulk.
>>
>>53506013
>>53506036
Each of those are worth about $.25 give or take.
>>
>>53506057
>>53506039
What does one do with all this bulk
>>
>>53506036
>>53506013
why are you doing this so autistically? Just type out a list of cards, it'll be about 500% faster.

Specifically, check for non-basic lands that are two-basic land types ("Plains Island") etc.

>>53506091
you can try to sell it to a channel-fireball type place as bulk but it's probably not even worth the shipping. Just put it back in the box and keep combing.
>>
>>53506091
Uh, store it somewhere? Build a Cube? Repackage it with some bulk rares as well and try to sell it online to some suckers?
>>
>>53506091
>>53506108
also you'll have to sort through all the bulk and make sure you have the correct edition and rarity. It's all a lot more trouble than it's worth to sell it, honestly (you'll get maybe 5 or 10 cents a card for the rares)
>>
>>53506108
I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed Ice Age and Mirage blocks. Hell, I think it literally has been decades since I've even thought of Emberwilde Caliph until tonight. Trip down memory lane and all.
>>
>>53506108
Alrighty I will make a list tonight and look them up tomorrow just the name and edition is needed to check value right? I am probably an autistic man
>>
>>53506172
here anon, use this: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/

>>53506195
go through each of the cards, type it in, and look at the price. Try to match it to the printing of the card that looks the same (not a promo printing or something unless that's the one you have).

When you find one that's worth a lot, post it! I'm going out for a few mins and I'll be back, I hope to see some cool ones.
>>
>>53506195
Pretty much. Again use Gatherer as much as you need to. And don't be afraid to ask especially with the Unlimited vs. Revised cards. Much of what you have is from 1994 - 1997 just FYI.
>>
>>53506195
Post the list tonight even without looking things up. If anything really jumps out, we can let you know.
>>
File: wew.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>>53506036
>essence vortex
>>
File: 20170529_213229.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_213229.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>53506343
Made a list of blues that looked interesting and found a bunch of snow covered lands from ice age
>>
>>53506828
Hydroblast sees some play. Mystic Remora does in EDH/Commander. The Snow-Covered Islands are a couple dollars each. Rest of that list is crap pretty much.
>>
>>53506893
Correction, the Snow-Covered Islands are about $1.50 a pop.
>>
>>53506893
this anon is right. most of that is pretty much garbage. Just do what I said above if you wanna get into standard.
>>
>>53497369

>Well, if the triggers are put in the stack when Breakthrough ended resolving, I could definitely discard Faerie (or use Surgical extraction or Crop rotate into Bojuka or activate Nihil spellbomb) to exile Dread Return before the Narcs are into play, and before my opponents gets to cast a sorcery... couldn't I ?

Yeah, I misspoke. I was mostly saying that you can't do anything during the resolution of the Breakthrough, but once Breakthrough resolves and the Narco triggers go on the stack, you can respond to them once your opponent passes you priority.
>>
Post SI list :b:ls
:^)
What are the best versions? I think Im gonna try landless, land grant, splash blue, and TRS
>>
What are some good, fun decks that I can pick up to play on MTGO? I have NicFit and budget D&T, but I want something that can hold its own in a league. I want to go at least 3-2 so I can break even.

Preferably something without Force of Will cuz I'm cheap.
>>
>>53508858
elves or just upgrade your D&T deck of course.
>>
>>53508882
I just can't justify 50 tix or whatever per Wastelands. Or 147 tix for Rishadan Port. I can't even talk myself into 33 tix Batterskull. Maybe Legacy just isn't for me :(
>>
>>53508953
have you checked this out?
https://www.manatraders.com/subscriptions
>>
>>53508953
>>53508965
they're adding legacy soon, so you might want to check back.
>>
>>53508975
Yeah, as soon as they get Legacy support, I'll probably jump on it. I occasionally stream, so being able to rent cards for fun/weird decks is kinda the dream.

But for now, I guess it's just being a Standard baby, some limited and the occasional NicFit matches. I've had some crazy blind reads with Cabal Therapy.
>>
>>53500279
If they know what you're on Iona on black is game unless you have an Empty hand and they can't answer it. Griselbrand draw 14 leads to an Annex/Iona 90+% of the time. Discard spells.
>>
Anyone playing in the weekly MTGO challenge on sunday?
>>
>>53508965
I would have to pay 60$ subscription 2 times to rent all the cards needed to play legacy deck.
>>
>>53508965
>https://www.manatraders.com/subscriptions
This is a really cool idea desu, if the starting limit on their subscription wasn't only half the value of my deck I might actually try it
>>
>>53508965
Those prices seem pretty high. Most of them you "break even" by buying instead of renting after only 10 months, which seems like a pretty short time imo. It definitely is way better for standard because of rotations though
>>
>>53507403
>TRS
Is that "the retarded storm"
>>
Is there any Legacydeck that beats on Interactionfags? I want something super uninteractive that they get salty about. Something that utterly shitstomps FoW and all those gay interaction cards.
>>
>>53515843
Dredge
>>
>>53516180
This looks sweet and now that the autistic menace Miracles and their dumb ass Terminus is gone it seems even better
Finally time to beat on interactionfags
Is there anyway to avoid/counteract interactive grave hate?
>>
>>53516511
No. You're going to get violently interacted with until you beg for more you dirty slut.
>>
>>53515637
Totally Rad Storm
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3208x1722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3208x1722px
so im trying to sell some of my cards to make rent next month, i dont know why but these trading card websites list their seller prices at less than 50% in most cases, im heading over to a card shop tomorrow to see what they tell me but jeez i feel like i wont make the cut here.

bulk R/U/C prices are also a total rip off

pic related the more expensive cards in my set, i know its not much but still.
>>
>>53517226
I'll give you $20 for the lot.
>>
>>53517226
Most stores I've been to give you about 50% cash, so you likely won't have much better luck there. There is always eBay, but of course that's more work and after fees and such you likely won't be that much more ahead
>>
>>53517226
Dont bother selling
>>
>>53517226
I would just shoot them off to the highest buylist that pays paypal/cash.

Otherwise, you might consider heading to an FNM and saying "look I need to get rid of these cards for cash, I'll sell at a pretty low price." Your area might have a MTG facebook page or something as well, you should check for that. I live in a fairly small city in the US and there's a really active MTG page where people buy and sell stuff all the time.
>>
>>53518394
Go back to Craigslist
>>
Got some games in tonight between rounds of Modern. Played vs 4c Loam and Sneak and Show. Split the games vs sneak and show and went about 60/40 vs 4c loam. Slowly getting used to playing without Top but still fuck WOTC.

>>53517226
I'll give you my JO crystal for the lot[\spoiler]
>>
How is UW miracles without top and balance?
>>
>>53528378
Apparently fine
http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=242&meta=39&f=LE
>>
>>53516511
>Is there anyway to avoid/counteract interactive grave hate?

Non-interactive fags are always the worst hilariously enough.

>be playing against several dredge decks in Kentucky Open
>plop down Leyline of the Void
>beat their asshole in while they practically shake with rage
>have to listen to him bitch about interaction for 40 minutes while I help my teammates
>>
I've been lurking in these threads for ~8 months and I'm wondering if you guys could help me out. My friend group is looking for a card to represent us peach garden oath style. We're four young white guys. What are some cards with sick art with a group of people? Preferably a cheap card with the old border.

Thanks, guys
>>
>>53516180
Contrary to popular belief, Dredge has a ton of interaction and makes for interesting games. I actually really like the LED Dredge vs Delver matchup, it's pretty fun. I'm on Canadian and tht matchup has pretty many pivotal points.
>>
>>53527478
>>53517226

I'd take that man, those things have a lot of energies in them
>>
File: invoke.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
invoke.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>53528916
>>
>>53528378
It has a pretty bad conversion rate since every Miracles sperg keeps forcing the deck but its meta share dropped from 20 to 4-6%
>>
>>53529757
"A ton of interaction" is apparently 4 cabal therapies. Even then it's therapy on easy mode since you dump them all into your yard, always have a creature to sac, and only care about 1 or 2 specific cards. There may be a lot of lines and decisions the opponent can make, especially with deathrite shaman, knowing when to pop your own creatures to get rid of bridges, etc, but the dredge deck itself is very linear, non-interactive, and doesn't involve a ton of decision making. It just prays your opponent plays suboptimally or doesn't draw their hate
>>
>>53532010
kek
>>
>>53532847
I've found ever since adding street wraith and being able to instant speed dredge, it gains some more interactiveity
>>
>>53534495
Negating opponent's interaction =! interaction
>>
Opinions on Lake of the Dead? Could it be used in storm, or maybe Nic Fit? Perhaps nourishing lich?
>>
>>53537173
Wasteland and a low land count to begin with make it not particularly appealing.
>>
>>53457098
>Complains about modern metagame
>Legacy metagame is Grixis delver vs BR reanimator
Wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 834x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 834x769px
>>53537519
?
>>
>>53537173
Better in Commander.

*completely busted in Commander
>>
>>53537173
Some crazy jap has been playing it in his Doomsday list and doing Ok, so I thought I might try it.
>>
File: Nip Tezz.png (108KB, 1296x572px) Image search: [Google]
Nip Tezz.png
108KB, 1296x572px
>>53542893
Nips always come up with the spiciest lists though.
>>
File: 1494146715542.jpg (586KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1494146715542.jpg
586KB, 1024x1008px
>>53544365
>Breya, Etherium Shaper
>Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
>Dack + Notion Thief

Thats almost too spicy anon, this a work safe board.
>>
>>53542893
Its on my doomsday list to save money by not getting a playset of led. 5 euro lake vs 4led made me happy
>>
>>53542893
Link to Lake of the Dead Doomsday?
>>
>>53544772
I've seen a few lists with a Liquimetal Coating, think that's too spicy?
-Liquimetal and Dack -2 to steal anything
-Liquimetal and Daretti -1 to blow up anything
-Adds +1 artifact for Tezz -4
-Lets me sac lands to Transmute and Thopter Foundry
>>
>>53547187
No link, here's the list. Someone posted it on the storm boards.
4 Polluted Delta
3 Scalding Tarn
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Badlands
2 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Lake of the Dead
1 Island
1 Swamp

4 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Petal
1 Chromatic Sphere
1 Laboratory Maniac
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ponder
2 Preordain
1 Void Snare
4 Brainstorm
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Duress
4 Dark Ritual
1 Fatal Push
3 Burning Wish
2 Edge of Autumn
1 Act on Impulse
3 Doomsday

Sideboard
1 Karakas
1 Shelldock Isle
4 Hope of Ghirapur
1 Fatal Push
2 Surgical Extraction
1 Echoing Truth
1 Doomsday
1 Massacre
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

It's all over the place, and I can't help but think they got lucky. I've been doing some testing with Edge of Autumn and I'm not convinced it should be a 1-of, much less a 2-of. Lake of the dead is ok but certainly not an LED replacement. And I don't think you can really justify having Push and Snare main. But its the wild fucking west without top so if its working for him then whatever. it wasn't working for me though.
>>
>>53551067
Are you the kind of person that calls dragon stomp big red, or calls mono red sneak attack big red? Or are you actually just big and red?
>>
File: 452345.jpg (687KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
452345.jpg
687KB, 1536x2048px
I used to lurk here a lot before. Then I got real busy with real life and stuff. Anyways, my question is; How's Parfait doing right now? As usual? Better/worse? I still have my U/W Parfait laying around so

Pic related is muh lands I use in it
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.