[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magical items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 77

Post magical items!
>Favorite concept
>Concept that seems worse/better than it is
>good/bad experiences with players using items in unexpected ways
>OC you want opinions on
>>
glass sword

steel and glass fused into an incredibly sharp blade
shatters on impact, destroying the blade and causing grievous injuries to the user
however this blade is impossibly sharp and usually causes fatal inujries to its target, often removing whole limbs
>>
Assassin's ring

Point out a person and the little imp living in the ring will make some calculations and call up a few friends in the lower planes, then give you an approximate price money for the victim's head. The money is paid immediately upon killing - it just emerges into your purse.

How much you're paid for depends on many factors: alignment (good pays better), how much their death would tip the balance to evil, whether you were going to kill them anyway, and others.

Occasionally the little imp will speak to the wearer, pointing out passers-by and local rulers and trying to goad the wearer into killing them for money.
>>
>>53456477
seems interesting but wouldn't most players just use this as a reason to murderhobo around
>>
File: AM4_l.jpg (41KB, 240x1134px) Image search: [Google]
AM4_l.jpg
41KB, 240x1134px
>>53456422
Noxbrand

A sword lodged in an incredibly ragged scabbard, when unsheathed, thick black smoke billlows forth and conceals a good 60 feet around the wielder.
The wielder can see and breathe through this smoke, but to anyone else it irritates the throat and causes the eyes to unfocus.
This mist is focused around the blade, and it can be directed at whatever the wielder points towards.

My party used it offensively rather than to escape, creating a smoke bubble around them and charging down an orc war party.
>>
An animated model airship, about the size of your thumb.
Despite having no visible crew, it understands its owner's voice and will follow commands to the best of its ability.
>>
File: Amulet.png (788KB, 647x604px) Image search: [Google]
Amulet.png
788KB, 647x604px
>>
>Calibrand- A mighty sword that is capable of sundering anything it's user desires. It's greatest act was even sundering the borders of all kingdoms, removing any patriotic drive the population had, and allowing the wielder to swoop through with his own forces and turn the land into one kingdom under his own name.

>The Warble Sword- A sword crafted by the the Fair Folk. It resembles a simple steel sword, but it is not actually made of metal. It is enchanted with great Fair magic, so only a user accepted by the Fair Folk could wield it. He who wields the Warble Blade can do numerous things, from flitting about like a fairy, expose truths, hide lies, misdirect, cast small tricks, and a variety of other powers. If someone not chosen by the Fair Folk wields the sword, they will be met with grave misfortune.

>Jornell- A 'hammer' forged by a Giant to harness the power of storms. It appears to be a simple wooden handle, engraved with deep, ancient words. When wielded, a dark cloud will form above, and any swing of the handle will call down bolts of lighting, pounding down like a hammer of heaven.
>>
>>53456842
They would, but think about how much the player's head will be worth after just a few sessions of lolmurder, both by mortal agencies and by Hell's Bureau Of Assassination And Trolling. Keep in mind, the imp in the ring is going off and blabbing all about the murder spree you're on. There's definitely records, and who's to say you've got the only Assassin's Ring.
>>
>>53458813
>Hell's Bureau Of Assassination And Trolling

This is now a thing.
>>
File: Clockwork Ring.gif (985KB, 500x202px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork Ring.gif
985KB, 500x202px
>>
File: brassgear[1].jpg (97KB, 284x280px) Image search: [Google]
brassgear[1].jpg
97KB, 284x280px
Magic gear from Mechanus. Able to intuitively fix simple machines by applying the gear to it. Expending spell slots enables the fixing of more elaborate machines even crafting mechanical limbs if one has been lost.

An idea I had the other week while brainstorming.
>>
>>53460338
Neat concept, limb shit would have to require a high level slot+ a check of some sort.
>>
>>53460420
Yes, I agree. I haven't sat down and worked on the details yet.
>>
>>53460533
Materials+ high level Slots +Checks, maybe over the course of weeks/2 months game time.

Or just start with a rudimentary arm (low gripping/motor skills/response) and slowly build it up or something.

Either way, glad we agree it would have to be balanced carefully.
>>
>>53460601
I like your rudimentary arm idea. This is what i was thinking, it can probably be simplified further though.
Maybe...
>First week you have a weak facsimile of an arm. Can't make attacks or other ability checks with that limb.
>Second week the arm has strengthened and now is strong enough to be used but will have disadvantage on dex and str checks with that limb
>Third week the limb is pretty much complete. Only disadvantage on str checks with limb
>Fourth week the arm is complete and functions on the same level the original limb, nothing more unless modified later.

7th-level spell slot
Material: 10 lbs of whatever metal you want the arm to be made from(?)
>>
>>53461357
Damn it.. I meant to say 'limb' instead of 'arm' in spots.
>>
>>53461357
I'd make it a little more expensive than just any old material, just to make it so they actually try to protect the limb as if it were their own other than a minor inconveinience if they lost it again.
>>
>>53456422
I'll go with several OC's.

Yfrenechur, the Hat. Smithed and sewed from one hundred of demons, it is hexteel-leather golem with animalistic mind, knowledge of all those demons. Golem has form of a big hat with wide metal belt resembling a crown with an eye. When golem goes alive, spikes lenghten and sharpen, becoming legs. Inside the hat lies pocket dimension which is slightly bigger than 1x1 km. Considering origins, it still feasts on flesh, but also likes lead, oil, potatoes and bird meat. It is said to conserve not only memories of demons, but also their abilities. Almost unintellegent, highly agressive, communicates through screeching. Do not touch.

Scraawnyr's tongues:
Mass-produced bolts for ballistic weapons. They are actually parasitic shrooms of great hardness. When one of those hits the blood vessels of species which use hemoglobin in it's blood cells, spores release into the bloodflow. Slowly, they settle in muscles and bones, causing slow and painful death. There are strain which turns subjects into fungal zombies, Scraawnyr wasn't called Engineer of deviant harm for nothing.
>>
File: Anybondstodaybugsblackface_1_.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Anybondstodaybugsblackface_1_.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
>>53456422
Shoes of accuracy.

Only works when thrown.
>>
Spongehammer

This two handle warhammer is hewn from a single piece of White stone and weighs entirely too little for it size, barely clearing two pounds. This makes it fairly ineffective as a traditional weapon.
However, any body of water that makes contact with the hammer is quickly and greedily absorbed at a rate of one 5x5x5 cube a round. The hammer grows denser and dearling accordingly, becoming a more devestating weapon but Also more difficult to wield. Taking in too much water may necessitate abandoning the weapon too heavy to lift.
A command word spoken while gripping the hammer can cause it to release the entire store of water the next time it strikes the ground, creating a torrential burst in all directions.
Can be useful for clearing obstacles, transporting drinking water, draining a resevoir or just smashing skulls.
>>
>>53456422
Thank you for this because I was just thinking about making some Evolving Magic Items for some of my players and I had absolutely no clue to give our Alchemist, but the Potion Blade is a perfect choice.
>>
More of a cursed item unless the player is extremely clever and words his wishes intelligently:

Monkey's paw - upon contact with bare skin, the paw crumbles and transforms the unlucky adventurer's own limb into a monkey's paw. Functions exactly like a regular arm, although it is hideous and grows more dangerous the longer it is worn. The player must make five wishes before the paw will leave him, although each wish will be fulfilled contrary to what the character wants.

I was thinking the paw might also grant extra strength/dex when worn, but be seen as blasphemous to religious types and strike fear into superstitious peasants.

Is there already an item like this or does my idea sound decent. What else could make the paw spookier and more horrible?
>>
>>53461680
Yeah, I just threw it out there. Maybe a diamond or some other gemstone would be better.
>>
>Lucky Bow
Once a day, you can shift the direction of one of your arrows in mid-air. This means you can fire around corners, or potentially try to hit a target you just missed. You can choose not to change the arrow's direction. If this arrow hits, the target takes a small amount of extra "light" damage (e.g. 1d4, radiant)
>>
>>53456422
Ring of Insane Polymorph

A cursed ring that polymorphed a character into a random creature on a d100 chart. It was all fun and games when characters were getting polymorphed into cats and gully dwarves, but then someone rolled the adult red dragon and things went south.
>>
>>53456894

Adorable as fuck
>>
>>53456422
Some kind of magic armor that crosses the line between Golem and MechSuit.
>>
>>53456894
ADORABLE
>>
>>53462655
That's not a magical item, that's a Spanish racial trait.
>>
>>53456871
*cough cough Nightsblood *cough cough
>>
>>53458831
Hell's BOAAT

I love it
>>
Don't have a name for it, but a concept I thought of a while ago.

A single fur/leather bracer with a magic sigil carved into the leather. It can be used to project a weightless magic shield using the sigil on it's wrist.

I feel like there should be some sort of cost for projecting it, any ideas?
>>
>>53467703
1 point of con. per 2 turns to be paid at the start of the turns not the end, when your con drops to 0 you pass out.
>>
>>53460338
>>permanent use of the mechanical limbs requires a sacrifice of the spell slot
>>desire for cybernetic perfection increases, magic items worked into the cybernetic
>>the mage becomes a thing In a body of twisting metal and magic
>>the cybernetic construct will eventually painfully detach itself from the mage after years of symbiosis, and leave the mage physically weak stripped of his magic
>>
Sabre of the Winds
The winds were stitched to this sword upon its making, with strong will a wielder may bade the winds to call, creating gusts of wind or even flight, though those with weak wills while find themselves cast to the sky or ground with no control & more than likely die
>>
>>53467703
maybe projecting it costs gold? it lasts for 4 minutes, 40 turns, and consumes 5 gold per turn for a maximum of 200 gold per cast. you could even add some lore reason for why it consumes gold.
>>
>>53467703

Vanbrace of the Shieldbrother
Just make in a Concentration check & a bonus action every round & attunement.
>>
>>53468124
You..I like you.
>>
File: anastasia-sibiryakova-4-11.jpg (199KB, 1073x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anastasia-sibiryakova-4-11.jpg
199KB, 1073x1024px
>>53456422
I have lots of art. I'll post some

I use https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryArtifacts/ a lot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I suppose I'll stop for now
>>
File: 1494091531436.gif (793KB, 651x651px) Image search: [Google]
1494091531436.gif
793KB, 651x651px
>>53462993
>Is there already an item like this or does my idea sound decent
Other than, y'know, the regular monkey paw (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/monkey-s-paw/) I dont thinkt here is anything akin.
I like how you did a Suruga though
>>
What are some super shitty magical items that'd you'd find in a thrift shop?
>>
I love giving out magic items that encourage players to explore and mess around a bit by giving out small rewards over time. This game it's Ledd Femur's bunny box.

Ledd is an old crotchety halfling on a medium-sized island nation, and also a rabbit catcher who takes his job way too seriously. At one point in the story the party encountered a rabbit that had been transformed into a monstrosity by a sea hag's wedding ring that had fallen upon it's ear. After defeating it, they gave the rabbit catcher some of its ichor to study.

This led Ledd to the discovery of the dark science known as Lagomorphology. He gave the party a special cage to trap bunnies the party encounters out in the world. (I have a little system worked out for being vewwy quiet and hunting wabbits.) The cage teleports the rabbits to Ledd, who can transform them for a limited time into little helper bunnies, low level fighting companions, or mounts.

My party has become pretty committed to spending their down time trying to hunt for rare hares, stuffing them in the box, and helping Ledd come up with new ways to transmogrify bunnies. The rabbit box is one of their favorite magic items.

The only downside is that it's an extra page or two of houserules to keep open when we play, but it's worked out pretty well as a way to get people to dick around when they come to a new island.

The concept that I thought would work better but didn't pan out was some beads I gave my party's cleric as his personal item. They have the power to save a life, but only after taking a life. In order not to make them too powerful, I required a percentile roll to activate the "take a life" side, and it can only work once per year, and it takes a bonus action. The only trouble is that I didn't know the action economy very well when I made it and it turns out the cleric has better things to be doing with his bonus action most of the time. He barely uses it.
>>
>>53469946
Melon Baller of Ooze Bane. Made by a mad chef that used living oozes in his madness-inspiring dishes, this implement is entirely unsuited as a weapon unless one professes proficiency with cooking implements and the gumption to stick one's hand that close to a black pudding.
>>
My favorite magic item was probably a greatsword the party reforged after collecting the pieces over the course of a three-year long campaign. The act of reassembling it alone killed the smith. Once the barbarian picked it up, he wasn't quite the same. We learned about its original as we traveled, with our not-barbarian occasionally having flashes of insight at certain locations or upon performing certain acts.

It was called The Last Oath; a weapon of supreme power, forged by the Sworn Men to destroy the last of the gods. Anything it kills is utterly annihilated; not only does it die physically, it dies conceptually. The victim's name becomes a blur when written, and indecipherable mutterings when spoken. Depictions of them become headache-inducing masses of color, and their corpse can't even be perceived as them. The current wielder of the blade is immune to this antimemetic effect, leaving them the sole witness to the forgotten dead.

Of course, such a purposed weapon takes a heavy toll on the wielder. It slowly eats away at their personality, replacing it with that of its first wielder. Eventually, their old ego is annihilated, leaving no trace of who they once were. The antimemetic power of the weapon causes others to view such an individual as Lord (or Lady) Damioch, likely alienating those they once knew.

Of course, anyone who knows these things about The Last Oath will also be aware that the wielder isn't who they seem, but will still be incapable of perceiving their old identity. If enough people wild it in a short enough span of time, this becomes particularly obvious; when there are multiple Lord and Lady Damiochs running around, people start realizing that something is fishy.

The weapon was sought by assassins; so long as it is used sparingly, one can avoid the identity-changing effect while depriving investigators of any link to the identity of the victim, making it almost impossible to discern the motive (and therefore identity) of the killer.
>>
>>53470522
Very cool, but/and
>assassins with a greatsword
>>
>>53470522
>>53470546
You know, it's really not that hard to assassinate someone with a greatsword. The problem is getting out afterwords, which really isn't much of a problem if nobody can remember who it is you just killed.
>Apprehend that man! He just stabbed, uh, who are we guarding again?
>>
File: 1460299143239.png (625KB, 570x461px) Image search: [Google]
1460299143239.png
625KB, 570x461px
>>
File: 1459872721442.png (694KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1459872721442.png
694KB, 1000x563px
A health potion. You drink it and greatly enhances the body's natural regeneration and recovery rate for a few seconds. Minor wounds and fresh injuries are mend in moments. Heavy wounds are stabilized. Grievous bodily harm will still require the aid of a doctor, but this is almost guaranteed to get you back on your feet for a while. The health potion is designed to be taken orally, but in some cases it may be better to apply the solution directly to the wound, as in the case of severed fingers and the like. Under extreme circumstances it can be injected directly into the bloodstream, but this makes for a thoroughly unpleasant experience and risks rapid overdose.

Also, it's a health potion not a cure potion. It may only provide temporary relief from disease and illness. The potion only heals trauma, it doesn't always remove the source of that trauma, be it an external object or an internal malady.

Finally, it's very important that I mention it has diminishing returns and if you take too much within a few hours it wi
>>
File: 1460245173310.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460245173310.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>53458005
Pretty.
>>
>>
>>53458449
GMing a regular fantasy game. Someone in the party got gifted a God-Item in the shape of a [perfectly normal pocket watch]. When sustaining heavy damage, the watch breaks, releasing a torrent of temporal distortion that takes everyone in its effective radius 48 hours into the past, retaining equipment and memories but taking the place of their 48-hours-ago selves (because it'd be a little pointless if you were dead).

Once broken the watch can be repaired only by a clockwork master.

Opinions?
>>
File: 1486828030332.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1486828030332.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>53472731
The only con is that you'd have to know for definite where they were 48 hours previously. it doesnt sound like much, but if the past couple sessions have taken place in a massive dungeon crawl, you might make the entire session up to that point moot

>liquid smoke
>when unplugged and upturned, a torrent inky blackness will be released, spreading across the floor and causing everyone within a 20ft radius to lose their sight and hearing
>>
>>53472731
>>53473164
not to mention you'll have to keep track of items, gold, exp, levels, spell slots, etc etc etc
>>
>>53462655

The Shoes of Memri?
>>
>Tankard of triple liquid
>Any non magical liquid/potion (water,ale,poison) poured into the tankard triples in volume when poured out. 1 liter in, 3 liters out.

>Boxford and Son's Magnificent lockbox (tm).
>small decorated jewelry box with permanent arcane lock spell enchantment. Magically will always contain a flyer to Boxford and Son's Box Empourium of Boxs.
>>
>>53470854
It will what? IT WILL WHAT!?
>>
>>53474547
Anon is dead, I guess you got your answer.
>>
>>53456422
Mevrunn, the allflask.
Heavy flask made of metal, it has sockets all over the place. Any liquid poured in will go somwhere else, but if liquid will be poured into any socket, flask will be able to replicate it endlessly. Moreso, if liquid will be alchemically solidified into stone fitting the socket, flask will replicate stone's liquid form.
>>
File: 1461496377142.jpg (73KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
1461496377142.jpg
73KB, 418x305px
Armor of the Inevitable: This chest piece is adorned with the crest of a man suffering in pain. When donned by a living creature, a portion of one's spirit is transferred to the armor causing it to glow a vibrant blue. When the wearer is injured by an outside source of damage, up to half of the damage can be reduced, transferred to the suit of armor. The suit of armor gains charges equal to the amount of damage reduced, calculated after resistances. After 24 hours, or by the use of the command word, damage is inflicted to the wearer equal to the number of charges the Armor of Inevitability possesses. This damage is typeless and cannot be reduced, resisted, or transferred to another. If the damage is enough to cause the creature to die, the creature's body disappears; the crest on the suit of armor then transforms to the pained face of its former wearer. The armor can be worn and removed safely when there are no charges held, but the Armor of the Inevitable cannot be removed when it has one or more charges. Forcibly removing or destroying the armor triggers the damaging effect instantly.
>>
File: 1493067941790.jpg (42KB, 540x672px) Image search: [Google]
1493067941790.jpg
42KB, 540x672px
Maw of the Madman/Muzzle of Madness: A terrifying row of sharp fangs adorn the visage of this mask. When worn, the user is unable to speak normally. When the wearer attempts to speak, the jaw on the front of the mask animates into a gaping maw that releases blood curdling screams in place of intelligent speech.

The wearer of Maw of the Madman is unable to perform any actions that normally rely on normal speech, such as casting spells or using command words. The wearer is able to communicate with unintelligent beasts and the insane regardless of languages known, and is immune to insanity and fear effects. The wearer is unable to understand it's own speech, but intuitively knows what it asks, or what responses were given. The wearer understands any language it already knows while under the effects of the Maw of the Madman.
The Maw of the Madman grants a biting attack, and once per day can cause bleeding on a successful bite. The Maw of the Madman can once a week descend into mad ramblings that cause all within earshot to be instilled with fear, and once a month drive one target into an angry frenzy. If worn consecutively for a year, the Maw of the Madman gains the ability to drive one target permanently insane when making prolonged eye contact.
To remove the Maw of the Madman alone is impossible. The Maw of the Madman attempts biting attacks against any that would try to remove it, including its own wearer, and attempts to pry the mask off only damages it's wearer. To remove the Maw of the Madman, the wearer must place both hands on the jaw to hold it closed as another pair of hands gently pulls the mask off. Because the Maw of the Madman prevents the wearer from making intelligible speech, this is difficult to communicate.
>>
Post magical items and others try to make magic items around them.

>>53470860
The Teardrop of Umi: This magical amulet bears a round blue gemstone. When exposed to light it gleams as if the ocean waves rippled from within. The bearer of the Teardrop of Umi can breath underwater and speak with sea life. A single aquatic creature can be stored within the gemstone indefinitely, and can be seen happily swimming within. The creature will age normally but gets all nourishment required while stored within the Teardrop of Umi.
>>53470773
Cat's Eye Amulet/Monocle: This amulet grants the ability to see in the darkness as a cat would.
>>53469391
Alchemist's Heart: A contraption made of gold glass and brass, this artifact proves invaluable to an alchemist. The Alchemist's Heart has a reservoir that can be filled with a small amount of liquid, be it poison or potion. The Alchemist's Heart will slowly siphon samples away and project an image of what ingredients constitute the mixture as well as measure the dosages, allowing for the perfect replication of the liquid's formula makeup. Legends say the artifact is a genius alchemist's own heart, while others say a madman created the artifact before dying while operating on himself.

>>53458005
Multiplane Map and Compass: When traversing across the different dimensions, it's easy to lose your way. The needle is attuned to one plane of existence and will without fail point to it regardless of any extra-dimensional shenanigans you may be up to!
>>
Magical Item: MY PENIS

>It grows when stared
>Count as ranged weapon if grown up
>Gurls fall in love with it, instant-crit

What could be better?
>>
>>53478417
Ok
>>
>>53478417

>>53478561
>What could be better?
It could be real.
>>
File: 1478615318726.jpg (157KB, 1002x651px) Image search: [Google]
1478615318726.jpg
157KB, 1002x651px
>>53478566
(ignore text... or not)
>>
File: 1495952758795.jpg (64KB, 1218x1718px) Image search: [Google]
1495952758795.jpg
64KB, 1218x1718px
>>53478611
>>
>>53478631
>>
File: mustard.gif (2MB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
mustard.gif
2MB, 236x236px
>>
>>53478631
SPYDER/spEYEder: A carving of a spider made of jade, popular for spying and scouting. This tiny construct can be animated by drawing a rune in the image of an eye in one's own blood. Upon activation, the SPYDER can be controlled through continued concentration by the one who drew the blood rune, and can see as if through the eyes of the SPYDER when closing their eyes.
>>53478752
Complimentary Condiments: The spirit of a complete dick has been bound to a kitchen table by a wizard with too much time on his hands. This >>53478561 Spirit is compelled to assist the wizard in his cooking endeavors.
>>
Oo, it's this game again!

Let's see...
>>53478566
>Entropy Capsule
A small capsule filled with the concentrated essence of entropy. Built by an ambitious alchemist in a misguided attempt at eliminating entropy, the only thing he managed to do was prolong his life by about twenty years by removing entropy from himself. The process to craft these capsules has been lost to time, although rumors abound that no alchemist guild has ever had a change of leadership after these capsules were crafted. It can be thrown at a given target to erode said target as if it aged several years in a second.

>>53478591
>Eden Grendel's Hololuminous Chart

A curoius artefact built by a legendary explorer Eden Grendel from assorted ancient technological bits and bytes. Travelling with it in your possession will result in the device recording an accurate 3D map of it's surroundings, but only where the carrier has travelled. It comes preloaded with old, outdated maps of ancient cities long lost to the ravages of time. The sight of one of these maps being rewritten as the ruins of a great city is reportedly heartwrenching.

>>53478611
>Crystal Lantern

A tailor-made lantern used mostly by modernized shamans and witchwomen on their trips to various realms beyond. The enchanted light from the crystal, while harmful to anyone not attuned to the spirits around them, wards off most of the more unsavory individuals of a given spiritual realm, and hitting a spirit with the lantern will eradicate the poor soul from existence, barrign a few special cases. The lantern's light does have a small effect on anything hostile, and anyone who survives looking straight into the lantern's light for a full ten seconds is granted all the powers of a native spirit, including being able to see, hear, touch and talk with spirits. As such, some covens use these lanterns in initiation rites.
>>
File: echo of the desert.jpg (52KB, 900x561px) Image search: [Google]
echo of the desert.jpg
52KB, 900x561px
>>53478417
>>
>>53478611

>>53478566
Ocean Essence: A drop of water swirls around this diminutive vial, capped on both sides with copper stoppers engraved with runes. Uttering the magic word while pulling both stoppers causes the glass vial to shatter, releasing its contents. The liquid vaporizes and attracts sources of water to it. Rain clouds may gather and rain fiercely upon the area, or rivers will divert to flow through. Groundwater may gather to forms wells and geysers. Mildew gathers around plantlife. Mist blankets the area when it's cold, or it is extremely humid where it is warm. The Ocean Essence does not create water, but attracts it from the areas nearby. If both ends of the Ocean Essence's copper stoppers are touched to the bodies of water that have formed, the Ocean essence is attracted to the point between them. When the Ocean Essence is contained once more, the gathering of moisture ends.
>>
File: 1493375092108.png (133KB, 391x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493375092108.png
133KB, 391x547px
>>
File: 1447484400176.jpg (146KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447484400176.jpg
146KB, 1084x1600px
>>53479264
>>53478611
fucked up lol
Lamp of Lightlessness/Tenebrous Torch: An ornate metal sphere of silver and steel surrounds a black pearl at its core the size of an apple. When the core is exposed, sources of light are extinguished, generating an aura of darkness around it.

I feel like this art matches it.
>>
File: spanner.jpg (48KB, 1300x510px) Image search: [Google]
spanner.jpg
48KB, 1300x510px
A rusty old wrench that, other than some strange runes barely visible through the years of dirt and grease and grime, is completely normal looking.
Upon holding it, however, the user can look at any mechanical structure and intuitively understand how to destroy it. Whether it be jamming certain gears, turning dials in a specific order, or pulling the correct wires, the user immediately knows how to prevent the machine from fulfilling its function, using whatever materials and tools are present.

Stolen blatantly from Mace Windu's Shatterpoint sense in Star Wars.
>>
Don't have a good picture for this, but a big jar full of thick, green, glowing goo. The user can pour an amount into a pile of debris, and small creatures form out of the trash and rubble. They are usually around 6 inches tall. They can follow basic instructions and work on basic tasks that rely on manual labor, but have trouble with anything more complex than "dig this hole" or "move these boxes". They act like precocious toddlers, and will do their best with whatever you task them to do. After a few hours, they get tired and collapse back into rubble.

I just have this mental image of an old witch who brews up a batch of the stuff whenever she needs help around the house.
>>
File: 1478579704157.jpg (47KB, 640x913px) Image search: [Google]
1478579704157.jpg
47KB, 640x913px
>>53479681
Time for some potions then, I guess.
>>
File: 1478574309052.jpg (296KB, 900x590px) Image search: [Google]
1478574309052.jpg
296KB, 900x590px
>>53479718
>>
File: 1478578070193.jpg (176KB, 1600x761px) Image search: [Google]
1478578070193.jpg
176KB, 1600x761px
>>53479738
>>
File: 1478578143071.jpg (178KB, 775x690px) Image search: [Google]
1478578143071.jpg
178KB, 775x690px
>>53479765
>>
>>53479449
Somewhat related, I've always thought the idea of a paladin using a censer as a flail or meteor hammer would be insanely cool.
>>
File: 1478588326191.jpg (140KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1478588326191.jpg
140KB, 1280x1280px
>>53479783
>>
>>53479783
reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adi9Ijhvn1Y
>>
File: 1478588498680.jpg (976KB, 1400x912px) Image search: [Google]
1478588498680.jpg
976KB, 1400x912px
>>53479800
>>
File: 1461496203040.jpg (34KB, 736x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461496203040.jpg
34KB, 736x350px
>>53479410
Hammer of Hathi: A warlord from another plane, Hathi was as proud as he was powerful. The being had the head of an elephant and a body made of stone. After a long streak of victories Hathi rose to Head Military Commander. When he defied the orders of his King to retreat from a battle, the King had him executed. His head was mounted to an Ivory shaft wrapped in velvet to create an incredibly heavy stone maul. Through the hammer Hathi still serves his King in battle, and acts as a reminder to others not to get AHEAD of themselves.
>>
File: 1478624352504.jpg (262KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
1478624352504.jpg
262KB, 400x568px
>>53479821
>>
I came up with a item called thieves pocket, it is a hat that when you put an item in it you can say the command word to turn it into a ribbon. Using the command word again you can turn it back into a hat, with the item kept inside
>>
>>53479948
Interesting. Is there a reason why it's a hat and not just a bag?
>>
File: 1449590455963.jpg (87KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449590455963.jpg
87KB, 1440x900px
>>53479248
Echo of the Desert: A magical weapon that acts as a bane to all plant life. This weapon was created during a ritual by capturing a Dryad or similar plant creature alive. Using fire and sand, the creature is burned and charred until it petrifies into a coal like substance. It's very spine acts and skull are carved into the shape of a blade.
Echo of the Desert has the ability to absorb moisture away from the things that it cuts, dealing heat damage and weakening the victim. Bonus to damage against plants and plant-like creatures.
>>53479948
From pathfinder it sounds like the combination of a hat of disguise and concealing pocket.
>>53479473
The disassembly wrench?
>>
>>53480051
I was thinking the Monkey Wrench
>>
>>53479473
I'd add the addendum that just because you know HOW to sabotage the device, doesn't mean you will always be capable of it. Otherwise players would just use it on literally everything nonfucking stop and ruin the game.

It should let the user know how to destroy it, but it might be possible that they don't have the materials, strength or dexterity to accomplish the task.
>>
File: 1456705275996.jpg (58KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
1456705275996.jpg
58KB, 600x837px
>>53478654
This really just looks like a bomb. On top is a fuse. Although the notch in the center and the two square holes resembling windows made me think of something super stupid.
The Building Bomb: A large sphere three feet round, the Building Bomb was made by a wizard with an ironic sense of humor. When placed on the ground in an open space, lighting the fuse causes an entire building to erupt from the ground already constructed. Costly to make, an instant permanent fortification has it's uses. The shell of the bomb will take a facsimile of the building's appearance, be it made of stone, wood, or iron.
>>
>>53456422

Beggared Blade: Hilt of a sword that has a noticeably large, clear crystal set in the center on one side. The part of the hilt where the blade would come out is completely flat. No indentation or any markings that would leave someone to believe a blade, say, just fell out of the hilt somehow.

Pressing the jewel while holding the hilt up to a material causes the jewel to flood with the color/texture of that material. A second press causes a blade of that material to sprout from the hilt, lasting for x attacks. After using it for however many attacks, the blade breaks and that material cannot be used again until the next day, when the user can recall the material to mind while holding the hilt and click the jewel to summon it again.

Thinking of having it (obviously) take on different properties and bonuses depending on the type of material the player decides to copy.

Something like the soul-crystal of a fire elemental would cause it to adopt properties like Firebrand. Something like a Sphere of Annihilation would... Well it would be interesting.

Thoughts? Ideas? What types of materials should merit +1/+2/+3?
>>
>>53480178
>>53480051
>I was thinking the Monkey Wrench
>>53480051
>not "The Wrench in their plans"
>>
>>53480239
True. Or if it's something really huge, it could be an entire adventure just getting to the weak point.
It's like looking at the Death Star and being, like "oh yeah, just shoot a torpedo down the vent". You still have to get there first.
>>
>>53480310
There was a webcomic that did something like that, but it was Goblins so it should be stricken from all memory.
But in this theoretical webcomic, one dude finds a sword like that and sticks it into a hole in spacetime, which makes it stuck like that, but it also works like an immovable rod, in that he's literally the only thing that can move it. The instant he lets go of it, it just hangs in the air.
>>
File: lego.jpg (1MB, 1815x2722px) Image search: [Google]
lego.jpg
1MB, 1815x2722px
>>
>>53480492

Don't post gore
>>
>>53480261
I actually post it to see if someone would find something like that or just describe a bomb as a magical item.
"It's a bomb, it explodes." would have been an acceptable answer too.
>>
>>53480428
Man, that comic is terrible but some of his dungeon/item ideas are legitimately good. That sword is more interesting than you're explaining it to be.

The sword copies whatever inorganic material it touches. He ends up shoving it into not a hole in space time, but a portal into true nothingness, literally a tangible piece of nonexistence.

From then on whenever he lets it go, a hand reaches out and grabs it, pulling it into a portal. The hand is his hand in the future because the sword literally doesn't exist except for when he is thinking about it. And it only works because the character is so stupid that he can't understand that it shouldn't exist.

Man I wish that comic didn't suck. So many actually cool ideas wrapped up in shitty writing.
>>
>>53479821
the [+] bottle gives you HIV and Aids.
The shield bottle makes shields grow from your skin. very painful.
The eyeball bottle gives you slightly better vision.
>>
>>53480705
yeah, the splitting spear was my favorite thing from that. The axe and the metal arm were way too Sue-ish, and the shield was just a shitshow.
Plus the way the lizard dude dealt with the genie.
>>
File: 1461367418207.jpg (45KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
1461367418207.jpg
45KB, 600x437px
>>53479681
Well this isn't really a jar, but it is green.

>>53470854
Oh man, I made so many typos. Maybe 2AM before bed isn't the best time for that sort of thing.

>>53474547
It will cause the body's systems to overcompensate, sending it into a regenerative frenzy and causing severe physical mutation. Even worse, the initial mutation may cause a cycle of regeneration and mutation which leads to more and more extreme mutation. It's called Birkin's Syndrome, after Dr. William Birkin.

If one manages to survive that event, they're still off potions for good. Any future use of potion will attempt to correct the trauma brought on by the mutation, which can potentially lead to acute hyper-apoptosis; a fancy word for cellular mass suicide.

But under normal circumstances you'd have to down a LOT of potion in a relatively short period of time for that to happen, so it's best not to worry about it. FUN FACT: this is part of why it's illegal to carry the equivalent of more than 99 small doses of any single type of health potion at a time.
>>
File: 1460238587549.jpg (74KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
1460238587549.jpg
74KB, 600x745px
>>53478417
Oooh cool. Somebody do one for this one.
>>
>Stash Dagger
If someone cuts the palm of their hand with this dagger, then as long as it's in that hand they can make it disappear and reappear at will.
Favored so heavily among thieves, assassins, and other criminals that in some places having a scar on your palm is synonymous with being involved in organized crime.
>>
>>53480317
I mean, "monkey wrench" is already slang for something that fucks everything up
>>
>>53479449
Nightmare Incense

A censer filled with incense made of live nightmares mostly used by nightmare hunters from a town in the southwest. Unlike beasts, nightmares hold a semblance of sentience, and the smell of their kin burning is like a cry for help to them, and through that the incense does it's job of attracting nightmares splendidly. Mostly fallen out of favor after Dr. Hallen released his thesis about nightmares beign an important part of the sapient psyche, leaving many nightmare hunters starved for work.

>>53479718
Clamber Tonic

Specialized tonic brewed and used by low-born lizardfolk to temporarily gain their high-born cousins wall climbing powers. It has a far greater effect on other species, who may not have grown used to the tonic's effects.

>>53479738
Limuswirt Specimens

A small assortment of half-bacterial parasites. Each parasite boasts a different effect, and puts on a facade of symbiosis by offering it's effects to potential victims. However, the parasites are malevolent in the long term, and prolonged infection will kill the host. From left to right: Grey Coral, temporary petrification. Triton strain, water breathing, Only benevolent Limuswirt strain. Orkho, artificially crafter antilimus. Healing touch. Red Coral. No ability, rapid infection.

>>53479765
OCE Potion Set
World's first fully artificial set of potions. Orville Craftworks Emporium designed the machinery that concocted the potions, and bought the bottles wholesale from glassworking students. From left to right:
Pearldivers. Grants water breathing
Bonelily. Calcifying poison usually used to tip arrows with.
Framed Draught. Mixing draught used in finer potionbrewing.
Demonlock. Paralytic, only one strong enough to completely paralyze a demon for about an hour.
Dryad's Delight. Grants green thumb.
>>
>>
I went full animu in the campaign I'm currently running and gave every player a special item that grows and evolves with them. Among them:

>Armor that let's the player uss 2-handed weapons in one hand and lets allies spend a hit die when the wearer is critted for the Fighter
>A cloak that screams to inflict Fear for the Warlock
>Rings that give the monk stretchy arms for ranged punches at the cost of Ki

And, by best idea if I'm being honest, is the little sentient shadow that eats silver could become any weapon the rogue wanted. Which evolved by eating the rogue's hand to become a poisoned claw. And will continue to evolve by eating more of the rogue. It'll probably end badly but this character has died and come back four times by 8th level so she shouldn't be afraid anymore.
>>
File: 1449524646873.jpg (926KB, 2035x1752px) Image search: [Google]
1449524646873.jpg
926KB, 2035x1752px
>>53481120
RimeHeart? Thought to be the heart of an Ice elemental, it is actually a shard of enchanted ice.

I'm not really feeling this one.
>>
File: Arcane Jester.jpg (310KB, 724x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane Jester.jpg
310KB, 724x1030px
Mask of Monstrous Fear

Donning the mask takes an action, and making eye contact with any Monstrosity forces it to make a Wisdom Save determined by it's CR that will cause it to become Paralyzed until it succeeds. The Monstrosity can remake the save on each of it's turns, and must be maintaining eye contact with the creature wearing the mask.

Monstrosities above a CR 5 have advantage on the saving throw, Monstrosities of a CR 7 and above are unaffected.

Whipped it up for a Ranger whose favored enemy is Monstrosities and is currently level 4 (5e). Thought it'd be cool since a lot of their current plotline stuff has to do with a Faction known as The Masquerade and deals with the deity Mask.
>>
>>53481120
>>53481815
Stealing the Rimeheart name from this anon and gonna take a crack at it.

>Rimeheart - An artifact speculated to have existed from the time of the Titans. The air around it is constantly at below-freezing temperatures and the heart itself causes instant frostbite on contact. Placing the heart within the chest of a construct, corpse, or skeleton causes the vessel to instantly awaken. The heart acts an arcane battery, powering its vessel and affording it the ability to manipulate ice, immunity to cold and ice, and the resilience of the titan it was once carved from. Destruction of the heart and its vessel is said to be a monumental task, requiring temperatures equal to greater than the flames found on the Elemental Plane of Fire.
>>
File: art-krasiwye-kartinki-673180.jpg (202KB, 811x1147px) Image search: [Google]
art-krasiwye-kartinki-673180.jpg
202KB, 811x1147px
Mantle of hungering souls: it's a living mantle that senses if the wearer is male or female. If a man wears it, it Flows down the back with countless smokey hands. Some reaching out as if they are trying to pull you into the very cloak you are looking at. If the mantle senses you are a woman, it has the same appearance as the cloak but in the form of a haunting full length dress. The mantle gives it's wearer the ability to steal life from a living target but at the price of ones soul. For every time you use the mantle's power, it drains your soul at the equal rate as you're absorbing life.
>>
>>53481961
Stealing this for an Alchemist player to put inside his Mechanized Construct. Don't know how I'll integrate it though since he's pretty low level and I really wanted to also use the potion dagger from the OP
>>
>>53482348
Although i like the concept, i gotta question how much you get to use it.
>For every time you use the mantle's power, it drains your soul at the equal rate as you're absorbing life
Does that mean that if you outright kill someone with it, you lose your entire soul? What if you only halfway kill someone, half your soul? How much ''soul'' does one have? Is as much of your soul drained from siphoning weaker creatures, like a goblin, contra a stronger thing, like an ogre?
>>
>>53482508
Just have the powers awaken over time. Maybe it works as an arcane battery and gives the construct Cold resist to start, but as they learn more and figure out the proper way to use the heart more powers start to unlock
>>
>>53477950
So... you need to know how to write or have telepathy?
>>
>>53481120
Heart of Stone - Grants the wielder control over wind, ice and earth and their associated elementals. Through a lesser known ritual one can replace their own heart with the artifact, amplifying control over it's elemental powers and granting the additional boons of enhanced durability, immunity to extreme conditions, and agelessness.

It's said the artifact was ripped from the chest of a savage northern warlord, his monstrous deeds having turned his heart to stone. They say the warlord's soul remains in the artifact, and that those who wield it's power find themselves growing as cold and ruthless as he.

In truth, the artifact was an attempt to create a nexus for all four elements, stolen by another before it's completion. It was used to raise an army of elementals, but it's wielder fell prey to the artifact's critical flaw: being incomplete, the artifacts craves it's missing element and drinks in all heat around it. If one goes so far as to implant it, they must keep proximity to a flame or other source of heat or suffer a slow petrifaction as their blood freezes and their flesh turns to stone.
>>
I had thought of something for my setting that I've never gotten around to hammering out. In short, a LOOONG time ago a comet streaked over the world and shattered into 7 shards, believed to have been sent by their respective pantheon of gods, each race coincidentally managed to recover one of each of the gems that were contained in each comet shard. Upon first contact with the gem, the member of that race telepathically received the name of that shard. I had originally named them to suit the shape of the vorpal piece of equipment they would assume the shape of when activated to better suit certain party members/classes. Maybe you guys can take them and expand on them or adapt them to your setting, because I know my friends can never get through more than 1 or 2 sessions of any campaign, let alone the logistical nightmare of coordinating our schedules.

Algol, the Demon Stars - Twin daggers or shortblades.

Polaris, the Guiding Light - A book or scroll who's "language of the stars" can only be deciphered by the bearer. Stores the knowledge of all the previous bearers.

Sirius, the Illuminator - Staff or spellcasting focus.

Majoris, the Celestial Bastion - A greatshield or plate armor.

Sol, the Ray of Hope - A longsword or two-handed greatblade.

Orion, the Star Hunter - A spectral longbow

Pleiades, Crown of the Sisters' Oath - This one must be installed into a piece of headgear, and when that item is worn it grants absolute clarity of mind even in the most stressful of situations.
>>
File: 1492733686920.jpg (300KB, 618x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1492733686920.jpg
300KB, 618x1252px
Don't have art for this but want it:
SCUBA BOOTS: These thick iron boots are engraved with an image of anchors near the ankles. These boots grant its wearer the ability to breath under water. These boots are also enchanted to sink to the bottom of any body of water they are submerged in, making swimming extremely difficult. Wearing only one boot grants only half the effect.

>>53482904
Yeah. The last line is pretty explicit on this point without outright stating. A game of charades is also an option. Character limit, as well as brevity, stopped me from putting even more into it. Such as needing to roll strength to keep the jaws shut, which has a higher DC the longer you keep it worn. Funny situations occur when you force everything to be IC.
>>
>>53469430
>>Fatebreaker's Apothecary Set
>Advantage on medicine rolls
>On medicine rolls, can spend 1 of 5 Medicines on the target to heal for 1d8
>Player can replenish Medicines by rolling a 1d6 and reducing their maximum life total by the roll to gain 1 Medicine.
>Inscription on lid: "Take one, give one."
>>
File: 194.jpg (33KB, 564x761px) Image search: [Google]
194.jpg
33KB, 564x761px
>>
File: 1461731721546.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461731721546.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
Here we have an intricately carved skull. What mystical qualities might it possess?
>>
File: C-aclQtXkAISopL.jpg orig.jpg (153KB, 710x1218px) Image search: [Google]
C-aclQtXkAISopL.jpg orig.jpg
153KB, 710x1218px
>>
File: 1449592002318.jpg (154KB, 970x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1449592002318.jpg
154KB, 970x1089px
>>
>>53456422
Blaster Staff

If you would cast a spell that requires a spell attack roll, you can double that spell's damage dice. User gains a power of exhaustion afterwards.

Additionally needs to consume a material which is somewhat uncommon in the setting to use.
>>
>>53485538
>power of exhaustion
Fuck, I meant point of exhaustion.
>>
>>53483784
Allows the wielder to scry on minds.
>>
>>53482589
I'd leave it to DMs discretion. How I would play it though is a lvl to lvl drain. For example, let's say the character is a lvl 10 warlock and he's fighting a mob that has hp on par with his/her own they could use it to drain alittle hp from the mob and it wouldn't hurt the character to badly but if a full use of the mantle drains the target completely then the character is lost and their soul becomes part of the mantle. If fighting a group of goblins that have lower hp and lvl then the character could do full drains but only up to his/her lvl or hp. Sorry I didn't add rules with it friend.
>>
>>53456422
Not mine, but a buddy gave it to me during a campaign and I loved it, don't know if he took it from anywhere, but i never heard of it before.

The pearl of hindsight.
A small white pearl. When a person rubs it and asks a question, It will answer. The catch is that It can only answer with knowledge you already have in character or judge the choices you made. It answers mockingly often, but can be surprisingly useful.

really it's up to the DM to have fun with this one. Mine particularly liked answering "You shouldn't have done that" whenever I wondered about what was behind doors the party was opening, and I'm almost certain he just started throwing high powered enemies behind doors I asked about.
>>
File: 035.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
035.png
79KB, 457x472px
>>53485688
Sure, but that still leaves me with the question : Is the ''soul'' factor here something that regenereates? is the soul infinite, as long as it is not completely used up, like a liver? Could the cape be used infinetly, if the user was careful with it and never topped his ''Soul' pool?
>>
>>53469472
>>53469391
posting some more
>>
>>
File: suphawat-mukcharoen-lamp-150922.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
suphawat-mukcharoen-lamp-150922.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>53485970
Clrkenstone
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
suppose I'll stop for now
>>
File: 1460899027597.jpg (198KB, 736x493px) Image search: [Google]
1460899027597.jpg
198KB, 736x493px
>>
>>53483784
The Osteocrown

The skull of a weregoat wizard turned Lich. After the defeat of the Lich the chunk of his soul containing his magical power was bound to his skull. The item can be worn like a crown and used to tap into the power of the goat lich.

The crown contains 20 charges and regains 1d10+3 charges each moonrise. The wearer can expend charges to cast spells from with the crown: Blight (4), Abi-Dazeem's Horrid Wilting (8), Disintegrate (7), Circle of Death (6), Fear (3), Vampiric Touch (3), or Fireball (3).

If the Osteocrown's number of charges hits 0, roll a d20. On a 1 or 2, the wearer's body immediately shrivels to a lifeless husk and has their soul sealed within the crown. Undoing this effect requires the freeing if the trapped soul by destroying the crown and a subsequent casting of True Resurrection, or the use of a Wish spell.
>>
The bastard sword- this sword glows faintly in the presence of an illegitimate child.

I gave it to one of my players as a joke but it ended up being super important since it tipped them off that the prince was not the kings true son.
>>
>>53486126
Not sure of a good name but the obvious thing would be that they can fit in any lock, and even though they can't unlock it, you will be able to see in your mind a clear picture of whatever is on the other side of the door. Maybe even just holding it up to a door is enough.
>>
>helm of teleportation

This helm teleports to the head of a nearby creature every morning
>>
>>53486714
>Fit any lock
>Don't open anything
>While in a lock, you can look into the eye to see what is on the other side from the perspective of the lock
>>
I need some ideas for magic items related to time and time manipulation. Outside of skipping turns or undoing damage or status effects, that is.
>>
>>53479783
>Bottled Abyssal Gruntkraken

An abyssal gruntkraken is usually docile, and mostly used by Deep Ones for gruntwork - hence the name. This particular one has been kept in bright light for too long, and the already somewhat photosesitive beast has been driven ta berserk state. Letting the gruntkraken out of it's bottle will see it grow to it's original size and devour anything in it's range, before scampering off to some dark depths.

>>53479800
>Bottled Secrets

Bottling secrets are the absolute best way to keep them, assuming one knows how to. This particular bottle wasn't sealed properly, and it leaks secrets in billowing smoke. Anyone in contact with this smoke will hear the secrets held within whispered with a secretive voice, and may even see hallucinated illusions of the secret's subject.

>>53479821
>Kamelot Potion Set

A set of three potions given to Kamelotian knights before they set off on their travels. The green one grants night vision, the purple one grants enhanced defence, and the blue one is a simple curative tonic.

>>53479846
>Tesla Vials

Concentrated essences flow and bubble in these thin vials. The essences within were extracted through a complex electronic device invented by Dr. Havenbach Tesla in his early days, and correspond to several elemental energies.

>>53480051
>Karma Gauntlet

A legendary artefact built originally for a certain paladin trainee to see whether or not he was worthy of being trained to paladinhood. The gauntlet looks like a regular iron gauntlet when neutral, but every act, regardless of intent, turn it closer to the shape on the left, if overall good, or to the shape on the right, if overall evil, granting boons to actions within the gauntlet's alignment and penalties to actions themathically opposite to the gauntlet's alignment.
>>
What would be a good one for a Hobbit naturalist? Or a Hobbit historian?
>>
>Houndstooth Bookmark
This Bookmark allows it's owner to effortlessly recall all information on the page of the book this item is placed in.
>>
>>53456422
Don't have names. Just being unimaginative as usual.

>A cruciform needle. Stick it into your arm, bleed for a while, and the blood becomes a whip. Maintaining the whip drains you.

>A small gear, its internal workings seemingly spinning endlessly. Gaze upon it to steel your will and make quick your feet. Every time you gaze upon it, your mental faculties are dulled.

>A vial filled with what appears to be a viscous black liquid. Drink it, and a few hours later you will vomit a creature which is, essentially, you. This replica will do what is necessary - you don't even have to say it. This has its drawbacks, of course, like what exactly is "necessary".

>An armguard which visually looks like circular saws stuck together. It spins incessantly, makes no sound yet sparks fly from it. Wearing it makes the wearer hallucinate, hear and see static. It appears to confer no benefit, though no one has worn it for too long to find out, too afraid. The last known wearer slowly turned into jagged metal, first from the eyes...

>A dressmaker's pair of scissors. Strangely, what it does is instantly destroy clothes once it bites into a piece of the clothing. While many would think this would only be worth something to sexual deviants, many users have found out that it too works on armor. One legend claims that an assassin has set out to kill an old legend wearing...

>A huge golden suit of armor. Said to be impenetrable by those impure of heart and mind, but proven false ( or perhaps reinforced) when its wearer was struck down by his own son. The wearer seems to be possessed by strange spirits which forces them to convulse.

>A strange suit of armor which appears to be made of paper. Inside, strange runes appear to have been drawn on it, glowing ever brightly when near fire. As strong as steel, and as light as a feather, apparently the runes were to protect against magic attacks. No one knows for sure, as its wearers met an early demise whenever it rains...
>>
>>53488998
>No one knows for sure, as its wearers met an early demise whenever it rains...
..as the suit of armor magically opens up, leaving the wearer practically naked, and then the suit closes once the rain is gone.
>>
>>53486949
>fairy helm of teleportation
This helm teleports to the head of a nearby creature every morning. Unfortunately, it was made for a fairy and is approximately the size of a golf ball so it has a nasty tendency of squishing people's skulls.
>>
File: meat motorcycle.jpg (175KB, 1024x629px) Image search: [Google]
meat motorcycle.jpg
175KB, 1024x629px
>>53483296
>insane mutterings in character
>commences quoting Krieg from Borderlands 2
"I HAVE THE SHINIEST MEAT BICYCLE!"
>>
>>53485973
Vessel of Argentuma (gold) & Vessel of Auruma (silver).

The former vessels of powerful twin Djinni (I had in mind female but they could be male too). It is said they were the the slaves of two warring factions and at the final battle they destroyed each to end the war as each side would be equally disadvantaged. Though they are now gone from this world, they left behind a lingering essence of their love for each other. The vessels alone do not have any power but when brought together the essence in each vessel spring forth and combine to create a spectral tiger.
continued in next post..
>>
>>53491178
Spectral Tiger
Large beast, Chaotic Good
Armor Class 12
Hit Points 37(5d10+ 10)
Speed 40 ft.

str 17 (+3)
dex 15 (+2)
con 14 (+2)
int 3 (-4)
wis 12 (+1)
cha 8 (-1)

Proficiency Bonus+2
SkillsPerception +3, Stealth +6
Sensesdarkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13

Keen Smell.The tiger has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Pounce.If the tiger moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the tiger can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d10 + 3) piercing damage.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage.

I just used the tiger stat block but it could be tweaked to be more spectraly. The vessels must be attuned to be used and the specral tiger cannot be controlled unless you spend some downtime learning about it and how to control it. But until that happens it will protect you and your party to the best of it's ability. One summon per long rest.
>>
File: 1495941270913.jpg (138KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495941270913.jpg
138KB, 707x1000px
>>
File: Rubik's Cube Grenade.jpg (409KB, 802x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Rubik's Cube Grenade.jpg
409KB, 802x1082px
>>
>>
File: 1460238329616.jpg (310KB, 2058x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1460238329616.jpg
310KB, 2058x2129px
>>
File: 1293182515807.jpg (67KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1293182515807.jpg
67KB, 820x1024px
>>53474123
>Tankard of triple liquid
>non magical liquid/potion (water,ale,poison) poured into the tankard triples in volume when poured out
Neat, my only suggestion for the sake of balance is to restrict it from working with liquid that it has created otherwise players will probably abuse the feedback loop.
>>
File: .jpg (605KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
605KB, 1920x1440px
>>
File: 1443153734556.jpg (122KB, 736x830px) Image search: [Google]
1443153734556.jpg
122KB, 736x830px
>>
>>53504625
Dwarven Fruitcake.

-5 Con.
>>
>>53481120

A Heart of Gold.

Having this on your character imbues the character with a permanent detect evil spell.

Cursed version is detect good.
>>
File: wallpaper_Illo+3[1].jpg (273KB, 1200x1504px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_Illo+3[1].jpg
273KB, 1200x1504px
>Ring of Vigilance
The ring makes any user incapable of falling asleep. The wearer must beware, as the natural effects of sleep deprivation will still mount for as long as you wear the ring until you either take it off or die.

Originally envisioned as an aid for night-watches, it has found most of its use as a torture device.

>Greenland's Dagger
One of the first prototypes created using the blueprints discovered in the same subterranean cave system that the lavabeasts were found in.

The extreme cold makes the regular manasteel of the dagger brittle and prone to breaking upon impact. Later designs used alloys of ferritic nickel to prevent this issue.
>>
>>53486949
>find a bear wearing a helmet one day
>kill it for helmet
> next day the helmet is gone, and you find it on someone else
>"hey you stole my helmet!"
>>
>>53488354
>Hobbit naturalist?
A conditional pseudo-invisibility cloak/ring. Wearing it cause every non-sapient animals to ignore you.
Warning: they can still unknowingly harm you.

>Or a Hobbit historian?
>>53488450 is nice but I would try something else:
>Memory pipe
Smoke from this pipe will create a vaporous image of past events that took place there.
Also great for detectives obliviously.
>>
>>53488010
I don't know...
> Time shift evasion?
You aren't there in the moment you're supposed to get hit. I guess it's functionally the same thing as undoing damage though.

> Time dilatation device
slow or accelerate time around you, but include everyone including enemies. Useful if you're in an hurry (you must get to a ticking bomb? Get there 10 minutes for you, 5 for the bomb, now reverse the engine so people outside have more time to help or get away) or if you want to stall opponents (You must hold the bad guys 10 minutes? Well time fly around you...)

> Basic time "damages"
Kill your enemies with "you're old" bolt.
I guess that's status effect.

> Advanced time "damages"
Win the fight by rejuvenating your opponents until before they had anything against you.
Status effect again, but can be fun to pass the guards by taking them back before they were guards.

> Temporal Luck charm
Pull something from beyond the veil of time to help you! What is it? You don't know before trying out! and often after!
(Have fun describing futuristic items from a past perspective)
Hey, I've got one!
>>
>>53480178
>>53480317
>>53481322
i like "spanner in the works" personally
>>
File: 1493371378166.jpg (106KB, 781x816px) Image search: [Google]
1493371378166.jpg
106KB, 781x816px
>>
File: 1493371568926.jpg (219KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1493371568926.jpg
219KB, 736x736px
>>
>>53488010
The Broken Line
Item allows the user to switch their physical form with themselves at another point on their timeline. Great in dicey situations, but have them roll on a chart, to sometimes get Old Self, Young Self, Injured Self, Naked Self, etc, so it's not just an auto-win in combat. Add a once a day limitation or something as well so it doesn't get overused. Bonus: Secretly roll, and occasionally fuck with the player by having them be the version that was switched. Maybe they suddenly become bloodied an injured in the middle of the royal court or something. Dagger in the back as a hook for an adventure or something.

Chrononaut's Cartograph
A map of the fourth dimension, time. Lines and branches on the map split and converge, reshaping even as you try to read it, for the act of reading the map changes the landscape of the future. However, given time and study, a clever reader can glean valuable insights from the chaos.

Unfortunately, due to the intricacy of the markings on the map, it can be difficult to decipher the exact details of a situation, and it becomes worse as the situation becomes more complex.

Basically, use it as an augury spell to contextualize the consequences of player decisions in-game. Also a great plot hook. "I checked the map, and there's a murder here tomorrow!"

TimeyWimeyWibblyWobbly
Just spout some bullshit and don't bother explaining it. Apparently that also works. Helps if you have a doctorate in bullshit.

Temporal Chest
Looks like a normal chest, but has a small dial on the front indicating the (day/hour/half-hour, or whatever interval you want). What is placed in the chest is tied to that interval; so if you put a corpse in on Wednesday, and open the chest on Tuesday, it will be empty, until next Wednesday, when it reappears. (Up to you if time passes for things held in the chest.)

Chronometric Environmental Navigational Aid (CENA)
A highly complex device used to locate your position in TIME! (It's a watch/calendar.)
>>
File: 1493445057411.jpg (91KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
1493445057411.jpg
91KB, 600x824px
>>
File: The Skeleton - Jack T. Cole.jpg (644KB, 1280x988px) Image search: [Google]
The Skeleton - Jack T. Cole.jpg
644KB, 1280x988px
>>
>>53461680
Just has to be a solid metal, but each has upsides and downsides, anyone smart (and rich enough) is going to use the setting equivalent of adamantine.
>>
>>53456422
I played a druid once and my random magical item was a ring of air breathing and my DM laughed at me. I asked him if there was any limitations on what pet I was allowed and when he said no I summoned a Kraken on his ass and gave him the the slaps.

He apologized and gave me a death mask instead of the ring and I took a large cat as a pet instead to make it fair.
>>
>>53456894
>>53466767
>>53466809
> Airship Maximus, attack that target!
> little match heads shoot forth from the ship, mildly annoying the enemy
>>
>>53467405
> Charon is the CEO
>>
File: 1478468719745.jpg (114KB, 640x499px) Image search: [Google]
1478468719745.jpg
114KB, 640x499px
>>
>>53528517
The wizard never had a practical use for it, he just enjoyed wargaming.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.