[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 50

File: Samurai-Art_1024x1024.png (981KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Art_1024x1024.png
981KB, 996x600px
>Email updates at work
>New shit in stock
>Samurai is back in stock
>500 units
>Drive home
>Take a shower
>Check store
>Sold out

Fuck.
>>
File: Samurai-1_1024x1024.png (492KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-1_1024x1024.png
492KB, 996x600px
>>53450684
What a great sculpt
>>
>>53450684
God damn it put KD something in there so I don't make a duplicate thread.

Anyway

>>53450696
I thought it was kinda meh. Nothing really stood out to me this time around. I guess the fox survivor was neat to see.
>>
The encore for the Necromancer Boss was the only thing that was neat, and was nice to pick up.
Kinda hope they do one for the Storm Knight again so I can snag one, dude looks like he'd be a blast to paint.
>>
>>53450684
>Samurai is back in stock
Back? I thought it was new?
>>
>>53451475
Nah, a lot of these are encore runs or updated versions of old sculpts/minis they'd done before.
>>
>>53451493
I have never seen the necromancer boss or the samurai ever before. And now that you say that I have never seen the regular dark elf version.
>>
File: 1447208431998.png (6KB, 358x235px) Image search: [Google]
1447208431998.png
6KB, 358x235px
>>53450684

>Asian Samurai woman
>Has small Asian tits
>>
>>53451454
The Necromancer Boss also gave us a tantalizing lore tidbit in the fact that it acknowledged humanoid Giants as a type of creature in the KD universe.

He now have
People of Ink and Lantern (Who are also sun and dragon people just with different upbringings, same creation method)
Elves
Giants of the Glittering Mountain
Shapechangers/Lycanthropes (Fox girl is half monster though she's still of the ink and lantern. Dragon People probably fall under this category in theory.
>>
>>53451510
>>53451493
Also they are not listed here
http://vibrantlantern.com/site/catalog/
Is there a place that keeps a list of all the models they ever released?
>>
>>53451558
Don't think it's got all of them, but I just checked the sold out section of the Store which is where I was drawing my info from initially, so I might be misreading the information there.
>>
>>53451558
Pretty sure he's mistaken/trolling about the Elf, Boss and Samurai bro. Don't worry.

I've never seen them before and I've been on top of this shit since it's inception.
>>
>>53451597
But if the elf is actually a less clothed variant, what is the original?
>>
>>53451597
It seems I'm definitely wrong and misread the site/dropdown menus initially when purchasing stuff.
For that I apologize.
>>
>>53451661
For whatever reason a Ton of stuff got deleted off the store and we lost all the lore/reference photos.

>>53451657
I get that it says variant. But trust me when I say we never saw the original.

Most of us thought that the Anon survivor+PF Survivor would be the first Elf models to be added to the game. I guess it's not really a game piece but it is the first time we've seen a KD model with ears like that.
>>
>>53451709
>The Variant features a less clothed version of our Generic character and includes alternate artwork by Lokman Lam. In some cases, this version was actually created before the original.
POOOOOOTS
>>
File: fap.png (7KB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
fap.png
7KB, 177x150px
>Estimated start of Wave 1: End of August
>Estimated start of Wave 2: 2017 holydays
Can it be? Can Poots actually deliver in time?

On the other hand mfw >>53451066
>>
Well fuck, I would've bought the Ringtail Vixen if I'd known it was available
>>
>>53452004
All the new things have sold out within the first hour, except elf.

Makes me wonder why poots just doesn't produce triple quantity for triple profit for these releases.
>>
>>53450696
I want to teleport right behind her and unsheathe my katana. Okay, it's more of a tanto really, but the sentiment is there.
>>
>>53451737
I know I did a triple take as well. I could have sworn I saw a Dark Elf but I think I'm just remember the Pally or something.

>>53451787
He's being really quick this time because apparently they were already half done everything instead of, well you know, having to switch production materials and do a bunch of retooling/invest in injection plastic machines in the first place.

Also Mosquito is cute. CUTE!!!!

>>53452004
She looked pretty sway.
>>
File: Babys first Warp travel.gif (2MB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
Babys first Warp travel.gif
2MB, 200x174px
>>53451066
>dat face
>dat everything else
>>
File: 1445481590051.png (390KB, 560x383px) Image search: [Google]
1445481590051.png
390KB, 560x383px
>>53451066
>skipped Mosquito because I was broke and figured old expansions that would get here sooner were a better initial investment
MISTAKES WERE MADE
>>
>>53452529
We can all politely bug poots to reopen the pledge manager for next christmas.

But yea I feel like people who played it safe may come to regret it a lil. I mean I skipped out on Silver City because I don't have the Lion God anyway and it's looking to be pretty neato burrito.
>>
>>53450684
I miss when limited models would at least last a day. I swear I missed my fucking email by 3 hours and everything worthwhile was already gone. Makes me so sad.
>>
File: 435821342134.jpg (360KB, 1600x818px) Image search: [Google]
435821342134.jpg
360KB, 1600x818px
>>53453361
I literally got the email as I was in my car leaving work and by the time I got home 500 units were gone. You have to be on a hair trigger for this shit.
>>
>>53452578
The idea of near inevitable delays to my already 2 year wait for the content that was previously open to everyone makes me hate jizz in my gimp's tattered asshole. Fuck you, have some irresponsibility for once in your life faggot.
>>
>>53453406
Hold me, anon. I already feel bad enough about missing the Easter Twilight Knight and now I missed all these as well.
>>
File: 1495399414068.jpg (109KB, 900x876px) Image search: [Google]
1495399414068.jpg
109KB, 900x876px
>want to play
>60% of content locked behind kikestarter
>never anything in stock
>>
File: Mountain Man 360.webm (441KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Man 360.webm
441KB, 640x398px
test
>>
>>53453409
The personality of the two iconic males is definitely not what I expected early on.
>>
File: Pariah.webm (288KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
Pariah.webm
288KB, 640x398px
>>
You bastards bought out all the Ringtail Vixens and Samurais before I was able to get one.

A-at least I can add another elf to my collection, I guess...

>TFW we didn't get any new colored dice this time.
>>
F-first time looking at this, saw the art before but what are the models for?
>>
>>53454165
Kingdom Death is a brand of 30mm models for the Kingdom Death setting, which is a nightmare horror setting that's often compared as a mix of Berserk and Dark Souls.

Kingdom Death: Monster is the board game that's based off this setting, and uses the same scale of models.

While most models on KD are for collection/hobby purposes, the survivor-sized (normal human) models can be used as your survivor characters in KDM. Often times, monster models released in the KD webstore will years-later find use in KDM, recreated in plastic and given gameplay content as an Expansion release.
>>
>>53451066
I really like everything that is not below her legs.
What the fuck that larvae stuff looks ugly as fuck.
But I guess that is the point
>>
File: Anonymous_Survivor_KDM.png (3MB, 636x2733px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous_Survivor_KDM.png
3MB, 636x2733px
What's the deal with elves and belts?
>>
File: caterpillar_chan.jpg (286KB, 508x652px) Image search: [Google]
caterpillar_chan.jpg
286KB, 508x652px
>>53454412
>What the fuck that larvae stuff looks ugly as fuck.
What the hell did you expect? A cute larvae?
>>
>>53453712
That guy is pretty fricking awesome. What's his story?
Forgive my ignorance, I've not heard of this game and just came to this thread to see what's up
>>
>>53454572
>What's his story?
White Speaker (Male)
>>
File: Mountain man.png (4MB, 639x6434px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain man.png
4MB, 639x6434px
>>53454572
Basically there's this thing called an Inverted Mountain.
This guy sits at the top and looks out to a World Tree type thing.

A bit more was just revealed about him as well.
>>
Looks pretty good and everything.
Only thing I wonder, since the box seems to be smaller, how Update Pack Only Backers will get the new improved storage tray?
>>
>>53454662
Thanks, very informative and cool
>>53454584
You, not so much
>>
>>53454740
Also this;
>We are developing all the monsters for the Inverted Mountain campaign at the same time, so we can ensure that its the best campaign arc yet. Insanity is going to play a major role, with certain disorders being prerequisites to innovations, fighting arts and sometimes gear! Anna has been heading this up, here are some words directly from her!

"The Inverted Mountain campaign tells the story of a new kind of settlement. Waking in a teeming swamp, the survivors gaze up at a sickening light dawning over the summit of the Inverted Mountain that looms above. In this campaign, humans must do more than survive, they must ascend.

The strange light bathes the settlement, filling the soggy survivors' minds with strange urges. Called by the ever-present compulsion to climb the mountain, the survivors will need to harness the hallucinatory swamp. brain-altering parasites, and freakish delusions to develop a civilization with a single minded purpose.

The Inverted Mountain campaign uses Monster's massive rules to create a new settlement cycle. Innovations that reflect a different environment and survivor adaptations. New relationships between insanity, disorders, and new instincts for survivors to follow."

Worth mentioning that Anna Poots is the KDM secret weapon, she's actually a pretty solid designer who has a real head for the game. She developed the tutorial which is highly lauded for the ease of intro with rules and such. She also designed the Gorm which most people argue is one of the more valuable monsters in terms of gameplay additions.
>>
>>53450684
I wish I could find the full art piece for this. Google has just a bunch of cropped garbage or pics where the art is featured, but skewed or something.
>>
Is it ever gonna be possible to get the base game again? The first KS released when I was in high school and before I was into any sort of tabletop gaming. Really kicking myself for not at least doing the basic 1.5 pledge.
>>
>>53453406
Is that White Speaker fucking soloing all that shit?

Holy fuck, how broken is blood magic.
>>
>>53454808
>>53454662
So I guess the end of the campaign will be the survivors reaching the fruit on the top of the mountain after beating the Mountain Man and turning into mountain people as well after eating the fruit? I can't imagine what other tragic endings could come about yet.
>>
>>53454988
I am pretty sure they will sell them normally from their shop when 1.5 is shipped to the backers.
Just like the first time.
>>
File: to buy.jpg (2MB, 8960x2304px) Image search: [Google]
to buy.jpg
2MB, 8960x2304px
>receive notification at my phone
>jump like an hungry hienna at my computer
>buy fucking everything as I watch them go away in dozens by the minute
wew lads, I can't relax a fucking minute

This kind of stupid super exclusive business model is pretty much forcing people to use ebay scalpers and chinamen instead of buying from poots. The only thing he needs to do is produce some more units, he would sell them all anyway.

You can't produce only 500 copies per new release when you have nearly 20000 backers, Poots.
>>
>>53450684
can you ease my suffering and just tell me that the sold out stuff wouldn't be in a European warehouse anyway and as such would be twice as expensive with vat.
>>
>>53456153
No new releases are in other warehouse than headquarters in NYC. Sucks for non americans, but it has always been like that.

The only thing you can buy from international warehouses are expansions.
>>
>>53454498
Are those the biggest tits in KD?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (233KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
233KB, 724x1024px
>>53456258
thanks.

i only bought from the america shop 1 time and that was to get the 4 gameplay related mini's like fade
>>53456263
big does not equal great
>>
>>53454498
The belt is a piece of gear... "The belt of gender change" or something. Hence the titties. The character was born Male.
>>
>>53456285
>Big does not equal great

This is Wisdom, but those are some quality knockers even if the ones you posted are more shapely. I'm a fan of size and shape, and Anonymous Survivor has a whole lot of the former with enough of the latter!
>>
>>53456313
i dont know. to me they just seem fat person boobs, instead of actual big boobs.

probably because it looks that if you removed the belt they would drop to her navel
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>53456353
>probably because it looks that if you removed the belt they would drop to her navel

That's a consequence of having tits bigger than your head, the only time you'll see tits that large that stay totally perky when you pull off the bra is anime.

Huge and floppy just adds to the appeal.
>>
Is it worth getting any of the expansions from the store now or wait till I get the core set? Backed for the gold lantern.
>>
>>53456655
Due to the limits of the current Expansions, the only ones that would be the best value to you with only a core game to count on, is either sunstalker or spindicules .

Those will net you tons of extra campaign goodies, hunts, gear, minis, and bosses, that the Lion God (High Risk, Low Reward expansion), Lonely Tree (arguably the weakest expansion to date), and the Slendermand (cool, but if you only have Core, not worth it at the moment).

Just my food for thought,
>>
>>53456901
>is either sunstalker or spindicules
Don´t you mean Dragon King instead of Spidicules?
>>
Just fucking make core game re release already, fuck.This super limited bullshit should not extend to the core game, just pinups and shit.
>>
>>53456947
Dragon king isn't in the USA store option for expansions on KD website.

I was assuming that's what anon >>53456655 meant when he was hunting for expansions.

but yes, DK is the best one out in my opinion. Best ending too.
>>
>>53456975
>This super limited bullshit should not extend to the core game
>Necromancer Boss
>350 Limited release
>19,264 KD 1.5 backers.

I feel your pain anon, for I too am weary of the ultra exclusive bullshit when the market demand is that astronomical.

Already eBay flips are being made for the items that went dry. I can't fault them, but seriously, many of use actually want the minis for display, play, and play, not to earn an extra buck.
>>
>>53457225
The problem is people still buy them at scalper prices.

If people had a bit of self worth nobody would buy scalper prices, and scalpers would disappear.
>>
>>53455627
That's the part that baffles me about it. At the amount he's making, sure he's making a profit, but wouldn't ordering more from the fabricators get cheaper for the bigger bulk, and likewise, opening the gates a little more allows for more people to buy, which leads to more money, etc.

It's clear KD:M is marketable, despite Poots insistence that it's this ultra-nice, boutique thing. It's like he can't grasp the success of his own creation at this point.
>>
If you could be any of the creatures of Kingdom Death, which would you wanna be? Entities permitted
>>
>>53456975
Have you been missing for a while? They just kick-started a massive overhaul and are wrapping up the first distribution cycle for backers
>>
>>53459790
I know its cheating, but I'd be the Scribe.
>>
>>53453409
Did they kill off the fat dude? Did they invite a new guy? Are they eating the fat dude?
>>
>>53459895
What fat dude are you talking about. There was never a fat dude.
>>
>>53459960
Maybe he's confused about the beefiness of the buffer guy?
>>
>>53459820
the scribe isnt all that ultra strong though. he is just one of the many entities.
>>
what would you think about a ruleset that would make the game more like monster hunter?

as in you lower the strength of all armor and weapons and armor bonuses.

but dont have any nemesis encounters/ or way more years between them. then you could go and grind different full armor sets. maybe give them specific traits. like immunity against certain attacks of certain monsters.

or do you feel that the game is already enough like monster hunter?

i just want to gather tons of stuff and get that comfy feel where you go into a fight with 2/3 of your inventory filled with stuff to fight a big ass monster.
>>
>>53460800
There are certain rules that can be implemented that are already listed, like Hero Mode, which you could use. Hero Mode makes all survivors stronger, and they never die, they just get knocked out and have to skip the next hunt. If you do some more personal fluffing of things you could probably make a Monster Hunter mode.
>>
>>53455285
I don't know. I mean look at Slenderman's intro.....
>>
>>53456263
Technically no, since there are monsters with larger breasts tacked onto them.

For a survivor model however, they might become the biggest in the game. (biggest flank as well) That's going to be part of my directing for the model when the time comes.

>>53456285
First of all how dare you

>>53456313
>>53456353
>>53456380
Jokes aside, I will do my best to make sure her breasts are visually pleasing.

Also I suggest looking into Leanne Crow. She has some beautiful shapely huge breasts that are au naturel.
>>
>>53461149
Oh hey, a person of importance in a thread! Neat!

Give the survivors a happy ending, god damn it
>>
>>53461149
Anonymous Survivor + Young Survivor asymmetrical docking when?
>>
>>53461286
Anonymous Survivor+Satan threesome when
>>
>>53461235
I'm only of minor importance, mind you. I generally only have reign over the contents of the Anonymous Survivor promo, and that won't be started for a while I imagine.

A happy ending in KDM is dying peacefully of old age, having watched your children and grandchildren become powerful warriors in their own rights.

>>53461286
Young Survivor would need two or three crates to stand on just to reach in the first place.

When someone draws it.

>>53461324
When someone draws it.

Satan, being a cheeky cunt, might just split her in half like Satan themselves are, both AnonSurvivor male and female existing at the same time and being linked.

I was planning on doing something similar along those lines for my Gemini Fiend homebrew expansion I've been slowly working on.
>>
>>53453682
Welcome to kingdom death. Unfortunately unless your already super into it your not really gonna get a chance
>>
>>53461721
I can forsee a campaign now with Satan being in charge of the settlement, and rather than surviving and growing, the campaign is about just trying to keep Satan entertained and occupied, until the end, where Satan just slaughters everyone wholesale
>>
>>53461792
Unless you just buy Tabletop SImulator, where you can play Kingdom Death whenever
>>
>>53461721
Kingdom Death is full of unique and powerful individuals, like the Flower Knight and the Butcher. Will it ever be possible that Survivors can attain that kind of individual strength, or will Survivors always be small time
>>
>>53460866
Hero Mode without the stat bonus would probably work as a good starting point for monhun mode.
You'd definitely want to tweak the timeline to make things a bit more difficult. Maybe some more events that involve fucking your stuff up to make up for the fact that you aren't losing your survivors. Possibly slightly harsher consequences like multiple skipped hunts or needing to expend a resource to get them back up and going, but they shouldn't be dead dead.
Nonhumanoid nemesis monsters might be something worth messing with, though not sure how to work those out - your standard 'giant asshole monster's fucking things up, here's your urgent' deal. And you'd also probably want to make hunting lower levelled versions of things not be possible or be very inefficient after too long, force the higher level ones. Using as many expansions as possible is also a necessity.
Maybe a rule that if only one survivor remains on a hunt, the hunt fails.
>>
File: 1495202647233.jpg (80KB, 616x871px) Image search: [Google]
1495202647233.jpg
80KB, 616x871px
>tfw this will never be a KD monster
>>
>>53462331
Or you can also have any fallen Survivor stand back up after being knocked down, at the edge of the map, fully healed again, but if the Survivors fall four times, the hunt fails, and they have to return to the settlement
>>
>>53462015
That sounds like a mix of The Hand, Lion Knight, and Tyrant.

>>53462288
I'm not Kingdom Death staff, I'm more like a guest director and don't have any real influence outside of the Anonymous Survivor promo "mini-expansion."

I don't believe it will be possible in KDM for survivors to become exulted as you describe. That seems more in line with the (previously) planned RPG Poots discussed previously, which included White Speakers as a playable class. It's worth mentioning that when a Twilight Sword user maxes their mastery with it, they leave the settlement "in pursuit of higher purpose." This seems to be the passing of a first trial to become a proper Twilight Knight, and when one is no longer a survivor.
>>
>>53461721
>A happy ending in KDM is dying peacefully of old age ...
>not getting WITNESSED as you slay mighty Nemesis, to be forever remembered in the chronicles of your settlement
But sure, go be a good housewife, I'm not judging.
>>
>>53464216
>not getting WITNESSED as you slay mighty Nemesis, to be forever remembered in the chronicles of your settlement

That's not an ending, though. That's part of life's story, where death is the only ending.
>>
You guys think it's worth it grabbing the variant Dark Elf before we've even seen the original?
>>
>>53464950
If you like it, grab it. If you don't like it, don't.
>>
File: witchy Rime by speeds.jpg (157KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
witchy Rime by speeds.jpg
157KB, 874x1200px
>>53464950
Do you like elves?
>>
>>53461149

Is the Anonymous Survivor supposed to be you or an analogue for anonymii.
>>
>>53462423
It may never make it into KD, but it's going into some of my RPGs.
>>
>>53456291
I think it was more of a comment about how the dark elf is also wearing belts.

>>53465558
They're just a character that was used as a Survivor. He lost his genitals early on in the campaign, later got the belt of gender swap, which is incidental since the character gender-swaps in his story using magic.

The KDM version was an evasion tank.
>>
Is the card pack mentioned in the newest update the promo cards without the figures? I know I've heard somewhere of the game content from promos and such being released without the models, which is something I'd love. Otherwise, wtf is the card pack.
>>
>>53466776
This is exactly what it is.
>>
>>53466776
>>53466804
Reminder to bitch at Poots incessantly about this so he doesn't go full retard and make it "Lol limited to 500 units because I can't into logistics"

Everyone needs the pack and we need to btfo the fuck out of his mail box.
>>
>>53459790
The goblin. Because being so fucking terrifying that even other Entities are afraid of you is awesome. Of course since it's implied the goblin isn't the biggest fish in the pond, I probably get eaten sooner or later but it would be worth it.
>>
>>53466874
It's implied that The Goblin isn't actually real.

KD is all kinds of crazy.
>>
>>53466877
Isn't it obvious?
It isn't that the Goblin isn't real.
It's that the Goblin is nonexistence.
>>
>>53466877
But then what, pre-tell is the Goblin Knight? It seems real enough, and everyone runs for the hills when it passes through. or hell, what's the Goblin constellation in the People Of The Stars campaign supposed to be then?
>>
>>53466948
The Sparrow King playing a clever ruse.

No seriously.

>>53466923
Hm, I guess that could work. In theory he has a form.
>>
>>53467003
A clever ruse that might actually bring some serious shit. Sparrow King dun fucked up.

The Goblin wasn't real until we made him real.
>>
>tfw love thighs and thigh highs
I'm in love with these minis.
>>
>>53459790

I wanna be whoever it is that keeps making these cursed belts and hiding them near settlements for unsuspecting survivors.

I can only imagine that this perverted entity is hiding in the nearby bushes, giggling like a madman. This isn't the sort of thing someone does and not watch what unfolds.

That guy, or thing, or whatever? Probably is enjoying his life.
>>
>>53450684
You could not purchase from your phone???
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>53467985
I figure whatever that thing is, it acts a lot like this guy, right down to the constant giggling and living in a tower made of comfy cushions.
>>
File: IMG_0755.jpg (561KB, 1173x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0755.jpg
561KB, 1173x660px
>>53468055
I didn't think they would be gone in 45 minutes. I managed to get the Vixen and Necromancer, fortunately. That'll learn me.
>>
Is Relic Knights any good? The Twilight Knight expy is neat, but I haave heard mostly bad things about Soda Pop.
>>
>>53468234
I've heard really awfully thing about Relic Knights.
>>
>>53468234
The first edition was rusty, the new edition is looking better.

I'd buy into it for the models and have a game as a bonus. My current shopping cart looks to be around $800.
>>
>>53468242
Oh well, I will stick to just getting the Twilight Knight as a display piece then.
>>
>>53468234
Anyone know if you have to order other things along with the Twilight Knight promo? I bought just that on their store, but now the KD update says you need to buy other things despite the Soda pop store saying something else.
>>
>>53454165

Staring at during masturbation sessions.
>>
>>53454572

He's a something or other that you keep in a box off to the side, out of view, while you stare at the girl models on your desk and rub your penis really hard and fast.
>>
>>53450684
Why do rabid KD fanboys feel like they need to buy every single damn model Poots puts out when they can't even paint for shit?
>>
>>53469929
Gotta catch em all.
>>
File: DaH.jpg (12KB, 200x266px) Image search: [Google]
DaH.jpg
12KB, 200x266px
>>53469202
>>53469218
>Not fapping even to the monsters.
>Not fapping especially to the monsters.
>>
>>53469938
this.
>>
>>53468234
Soda Pop is fine, they make above-average quality models, but they got fucked over with Relic Knights from their chinese manufacturers, so bad that it killed the game before it started. Their stuff is good, though, when you get stuff made in-house or their later sculpts - You can basically tell from looking. Their larger models, like the whole oni faction, looked great, as well, since it didn't involve finicky parts and trying to keep the scale the same.

That being said, they aren't Kingdom Death. I'd put them above-average; Their stuff has an air of cheapness in terms of using lighter materials and often using easier poses or designs - Check out their entire Super Dungeon or their Ninja game lines, which have pleasant-looking but 'easy' chibi models that don't have a lot of undercuts or really complicated cuts.

I like them, and I like their larger models, like the Relic Knights, and if you find something in resin it's good quality. Most of the stuff they released after they dropped their old manufacturers like a sack of bricks looks good, too.
>>
File: 1481727106593.png (419KB, 950x493px) Image search: [Google]
1481727106593.png
419KB, 950x493px
How much would I have to pay Poots to get a 1/8 scale. I want a KDM desktop piece.
>>
>still no idea how the Parasite Queen looks
I JUST WANNA KNOW!
>>
File: hn5ha7V.gif (16KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
hn5ha7V.gif
16KB, 250x200px
>>53451526
>small tits
>>
>>53470011
The Relic Knights screw-up is due to collaboration with CMoN, rather than SodaPop themselves. CMoN promised to provide casting for the project with "their resources" then cheaped out on their part of the deal atrociously while keeping lion's share of budget.
SodaPop then sworn never to colab with them again, to which CMoN responded by releasing Arcadia Quest, which is blatant ripoff of SDE (both in terms of style and mechanics). How much of it comes from having access to SDE designs accessible as at the time of collaboration is up for a speculation.
TL;DR: CMoN are cunts.

Besides that, I would say SDE actually complements KDM nicely, you have something cute, simple and lighthearted and you have something grim and challenging. No idea what to pick for when you want something middle-ground though, I have my Hero Quest for that, but you can't get those all that easily. Maybe Descent 2?
>>
>>53453682
Yup. It's a pretty shitty business practice, but there's nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>53467325
We don't need more competition to get the already extremely limited models, go away.
>>
>>53468529
I didn't want to pledge for their shitty game or their models so I got a super cheap catgirl along with my twilight knight just in case. If they cancel my order because I need to buy the pledge for their game at $70, well, fuck it then.
>>
>>53471316
Jokes on you, I've been here since the first kickstarter.
>>
>>53469929
Being a rabid KD fanboy I agree with you, I feel most KD buyers just build the models and throw them directly in the cabinet as some sort of kinder egg collection. You can guess that seeing that some out of stock models have never appeared painted online.

I can actually paint nicely and plan to paint everything eventually, though, it's just that I spend on average 20-25 hours on a single mini, so that's 4-5 models painted per month tops.
>>
>>53451526
>>53470390
>that
>small
>>
>>53471294
how is it shitty

its literally too expensive to stock.
>>
File: 1470070952511.jpg (856KB, 1775x2671px) Image search: [Google]
1470070952511.jpg
856KB, 1775x2671px
>>53471452
Compared to the titty monsters we usually get, I guess yes.
Not too long and KD is gonna look like grimdark Senran Kagura.
>>
>>53471463
Resin is dirt cheap. They just create artificial scarcity to increase demand so they can keep the massive prices for their stuff.
>>
>>53454694
What's with the little settlement track? I'm guessing it's for people who want both the hunt board and settlement board up a the same time?
What a odd decision to start with. Saves space and production, sure, but the settlement phase is really like a checklist.
>>
>>53455417
Yeah but how soon will it sell out?
At least this time it was miniature with no game content, but if things go that fast is it even worth getting an email?
>>
>>53471980
but they dont charge massive prices.
the scalper's do.
>>
>>53471980
Resin is heavy and the molds break down.

It's also full of defects.
>>
>>53461149
>biggest in the game. (biggest flank
WHEN DOES THE ANONYMOUS SURVIVOR COME OUT I NEED BIG FLOPPY ANIME TIDDIE
>>
>>53472020
For the base have, very much so.

Scalpers wouldn't charge so much if they provided proper stock, either.
>>
>>53472033
the scalpers charge what people pay.

the things they sell are priced appropriately.
>>
>>53471980
The material is cheap, but the production cost, due to all the miscasts resin produces is expensive.
>>
>>53472051
>the scalpers charge what people pay
Because proper supply isn't maintained.
>>
h2c Sunstalker while in America?
>>
>>53472065
Honestly I prefer Poots concentrates on providing the KS in time rather than on keeping stock for everything at the store.

In a couple years or three if the KS goes well he should have enough profit and inertia to run a proper shop.
>>
>>53472065
because overestimating the demand would be incredibly harmful to them.
>>
>>53471980
Resin, as a raw material is suitable only for small batch production.
The resin is relatively expensive as a raw material, but the molds are cheap as chips, however they're quite fragile.
Especially with models as delicate as these (and the very low defect chance with KD resin), means that each mold is lucky to last for 10-20 casts.
And the French caster that Poots uses only makes runs of 500 or so.

Which is why Poots is happy that he can afford to have many of the models done in plastic (even the occasional single).
At that point the production cost goes down dramatically, as the mold is the expensive part (but effectively lasts forever), and the polystyrene used to make models is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>53472065
This >>53472111
Poots can't take risks with resins, he needs to play on the safer side with those releases and make sure everything is sold. Noticed how there is always stock for the plastic white box models?
>>
>>53472167
>Poots can't take risks with resins, he needs to play on the safer side with those releases and make sure everything is sold. Noticed how there is always stock for the plastic white box models?

For the plastics, any production run of less than 5000 copies is a literal waste of money, and that's more related to the cost of the factory doing the run, rather than anything to do with the material it's made of.
>>
>>53472126
>And the French caster that Poots uses only makes runs of 500 or so.
Well there it is, everyone can go home.
>>
>>53472005
Good question actually. Last time it took one or two month until everything was sold out I think.
But this time KD has become a lot more known, so it could be that this time all remaining copies are gone even faster.
>>
File: so this is spiral power2.png (252KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
so this is spiral power2.png
252KB, 579x329px
>painting backlog already approaching infinity
>pledged satan
>>
File: giphy.gif (1003KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1003KB, 220x220px
>>53451737
>>
>>53452578
If you didn't gamblers/satan you fucked up.
>>
>>53454808
>Anna Poots
Didn't she do people of the stars too?
>>
File: Ringtail-Vixen-art_1024x1024.png (945KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ringtail-Vixen-art_1024x1024.png
945KB, 996x600px
>>53450684
Huh. The stories behind the Ringtail Vixen and the Samurai are bretty good

"The survivors found a baby floating in the Swamp in a basket of woven fur. Strong and preternaturally fast, the child grew into a wild, beautiful woman bearing strange features like needle sharp teeth and strong fingernails that grew at an alarming rate.

Finding an affinity with the fierce fox monsters that stalk their lands, she crafted her armor with clawed feet, a hood with vulpine ears, and fox tails. She protects her people with her keen sense of smell that allows her to detect the shifting levels of sulfur that occur when the Fox God awakens. She has led her people to the safety of the swamp burrows whenever the Fox God and its aspects begin their hunt."

"By offering an eye, the apprentice becomes a Samurai. The second eye is sacrificed to become a master. A clan will take turns using their master's eyes to see into the world of spirits. Without their master's eyes their eye sockets are appealing places for spirits to invade. Samurai may perform favors for these spirits in exchange for insight and guidance. Each samurai carries a cursed blade that is destined to defeat foes that share a distinctive brand that is also etched into the blade. To the great sadness of some samurai, these brands may appear on their dearest allies."
>>
So is there anyway for someone to actually get into the game? It seems impenetrable to a fault. Do I have to wait until the next kickstarter to even think about getting a core set?
>>
>>53475175
That or play it on TableTop Simulator.
>>
>>53475175
You will prolly be able to order it from their website after it's out to backers.
Expect a higher price tag, tho.
>>
>>53473966
just skip the infinity, the game is kinda meh
>>
>>53475326
Jokes on you, I'm also starting to get into it too.
>>
My only gripe is the tits and asses aren't big enough. All the women should have Leanne Crow sized jugs.
>>
>>53475608
My only gripe is theres not enough flatties. I wanna see a survivor, or a monster, with a flat chest and massive hips.
>>
Anyone have any advice for painting skin? Going from 40k to KD is not kind
>>
>>53474608
>settlement takes in clearly unnatural infant
>actually benefits from being kind
>mutualism in KD
WHAT A TWEEST
>>
>>53476659
Go to the Work In Progress thread, they have tons of tutorials for painting skin that will help
>>
>>53450684
Dark Souls-esque /v/ mixed with Rust never.
>>
File: IMG_2082.jpg (188KB, 641x1245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2082.jpg
188KB, 641x1245px
>>53475741
Thief is BEST girl, eat shit cowtits
>>
>>53476898
Wait, that's a girl?
>>
>>53476933
L O L

How does Fuckley even manage to turn a profit these days?
>>
Do you guys have experience with KD recasters? Which ones have shrinkage and which ones don't?
>>
File: 1477247413323.gif (566KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1477247413323.gif
566KB, 500x283px
>>53476928
Does it matter?
>>
>>53476928
>visible C cups
>11/10 shapely ass
Spend less time on 4chan, d00d
>>
>>53477682
To be fair, this is Kingdom Death. Everyone's got a shapely ass, and C might as well be flat as a board.
>>
is their any truth to this?
this guy is kinda bumming me out

>If you want to see what's possible for injection-molded styrene, pick up one of Tamiya or DML's historical figure sets. There are sharp edges, hard corners, accurate representations of things like the texture and hang of cloth at scale, clearly defined individualized features on faces and hands, and thin parts that are still sturdy. It's well worth doing; many of the figures are a blast to paint up and base.
By comparison, Kingdom Death's plastics just aren't well executed. Many of the pinups use the same puffy-cheeked face. Corners, places like the edges of eyes and between fingers on closed hands, are very rounded. This makes it hard to define inside corners with paint; liquid paint flows into the trough because surface tension is like that, but it doesn't stay anywhere in particular because the trough is so wide. On outside corners, it just makes things look soft and blobby, witness the knife on the plastic White Speaker. Very few surfaces are textured at all, and the ones that are, are very coarse. So, yeah, not great.
I can see why the KD plastics are done this way. Their manufacturer is producing short-run, simple molds with a CNC mill, and then sending those molds into production with just basic cleanup. Making better textures and sharper corners would require handing those molds to a master carver who would add these things by hand, increasing costs. Not doing that is a rational decision. Still, the result is a long way from the best that plastic can be.
>>
>>53475358
so you disagree and think the game is good then?
>>
>>53478285
In the end you can't expect much from made in China figures. GW keeps their production in the UK for a reason.
>>
>>53478285
Bigger companies can afford to do more impressive things.
Poots And Friends is not a big company.
>>
>>53477177
I just got a King's Man from one (I think at least, it's actually plastic so it might be legit?) and it was fine, at least to my perception and cross reference. Not bad for the 15 bucks I paid including shipping.
>>
>>53478365
>>53478375
i thought they had amazing quality?

thats what people where telling me.
>>
>>53478341
I haven't even read the rules yet, I'm just painting my yellow chinamen.
>>
>>53478656
Good designs, but they aren't as well cut or as well engineered as what companies like GW offer.
>>
>>53476659
Learn to glaze.
>>
>>53470390
>>53471452

They're just a little more than a handful, in a game where the typical tit is as large as your head.
>>
>>53478285
Yes, the plastic recasts are slightly inferior to their resin counterparts.

Yes, the resin models are top notch and when people talk about KD quality they usually mean the resin models.
>>
>>53478674
They're easily on par with GW minis. Both have the same faults you get from injection plastic. Mostly to do with 'metled' details.

Retard.
>>
>>53479078
and satan gets 0 resin?
>>
the issue with KDM plastics are the armour kits, due to being so modular they can be somewhat static and dont mesh up perfectly. The monsters plastics are quite good (ive got resin and plastic ones)
>>
>>53479980
Honestly I'm not sure about the materials, but I guess/hope all the new pinups, promos and gambler chest will be resin.

The core game is plastic obviously, and I think the expansions too.

Old pinups and promos included in satan were already switched to plastic.
>>
>>53480201
>I guess/hope all the new pinups, promos and gambler chest will be resin.
They'll all be plastic.

Stop blithering on, you're clearly mentally handicapped.
>>
>>53478656
I've got no problem with them at all myself. The other person was pasting something saying that some big company does shit EVEN BETTER
Which is kind of a no shit thing.
>>
>>53480250
Source: your ass.
>>
>>53480278
If you think they'll be resin you are dumb as shit.
>>
>>53480324
Some of them, sure.
>>
>>53480351
>Has to make a mass produced high quality product.
>"I bet he'll use the more brittle material! That weighs more! That has molds which degrade faster so you can't make as many! That also has a lot of defects and requires more QC! For a product he has to make 19k copies of!"
By existing you actively detract from humanities gene pool. Never reproduce.
>>
>>53480351
There are no miniatures specified to be made of resin in the second kick starter, no differentiation is made between the materials of any miniatures. The only new completed miniatures we've seen are in plastic, thus we can safely assume that all the miniatures are in plastic.
>>
>>53480417
Aren't you overreacting a bit little friend? Are you salty because you didn't get the samurai in time chap?
>>
>>53480522
Oh it's you.
Cute new troll angle but you're still pathetic.

I didn't really like the samurai. I thought these offerings were pretty meh and didn't get any of them.
>>
>>53480417
>high quality product.
Which is only achievable with resin, and thus the required material for the most finely detailed models. And if you seriously think not a single resin miniature is going to be made out of literally hundreds to do, well, just end yourself already.
>>
>>53480478
Poots has literally said that everything in the new KS is plastic. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a retard.
>>
>>53480579
>And if you seriously think not a single resin miniature is going to be made out of literally hundreds to do, well, just end yourself already.
Given that that is 100% confirmed, yes that is what is going to happen.
>>
>>53480579
Has Poots ever said that any miniature in KS2 is resin? Any at all? Or are you just making assumptions out of your ass?
>>
>>53480572
>I missed the sale so I will say that I didn't like them to not look like a slow retard

>>53480608
>because my ass says so, no source required

>>53480633
Never mentioned the material.
>>
>>53480664
The source is Poots' KS posts. Now go fuck yourself.

>>53480633
Poots confirmed that everything in KS 1.5 is plastic. There is no resin in there.
>>
>>53480696
The only mention Poots made about the material was to confirm that old resin models from the first kickstarter are not included in satan, only the plastics.

He never confirmed the material for the NEW models.
>>
>>53480749
>He never confirmed the material for the NEW models.
Except in every single post list which says that it's plastic. Every single new pinup is plastic. Every single new expansion is plastic. It's all fucking plastic.

You are tilting at a windmill and looking like an idiot in doing so.
>>
>>53480664
In the last kickstarter all resin miniatures were specified to be of resin, why would Poots not say which miniatures were resin and which weren't this time around?
>>
>>53480787
Sorry the word plastic is not found in any of the updates. Check mate.
>>
>>53480833
Uhuh. Whatever you say anon.

We'll be right here when you get your resin figures.
>>
>>53480833
Look at Poots' comments m8.

Also as we can see here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15155000#comment-15154999
Resin miniatures are only shipped from their HQ, since we know that all the waves are being shipped from their warehouses we can conclude that they're all plastic.
>>
>>53480803
It's called flexibility. By not specifying he can choose the one he deems adequate for each model.

>>53480870
Thanks my friend.
>>
>>53480884
Fuck you https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15147909#comment-15147908
>>
Now let us laugh this complete idiot out of the thread.
>>
>>53480884
You should get a hobby friend.
People already proved you're retarded and now you're trying to double down becuase le epeek troll exdee.
>>
File: i'm glad it's over.jpg (49KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
i'm glad it's over.jpg
49KB, 300x345px
>>53480907
Wew took you guys long enough to find me the post. Thanks for your hard work!
>>
>Was at the movies friday
>Checked email before leaving
>Check on return
>KD update
>Vixen and Samurai already gone.

Damn the luck... but it sounds like you had to roll a 10 to get in on this one so I can only hope for encores on them, especially the Vixen.
>>
>>53480988
How slow are you people?
>Literally knew a week in advance about the sale.
>Down to the exact hour it went up.
>Plan accordingly to have a quick break in the day at the precise time.
>Check out all the new offerings as they're added to the shop.
>Nothing interesting anyway.
And that's how you get all the cool KD shit you want.
>>
>>53480977
You might act like a smug cunt but you're still wrong and you still got egg on your face.
It's also literally on the first line of the campaign page.
>>
File: 1448042033643.jpg (44KB, 595x765px) Image search: [Google]
1448042033643.jpg
44KB, 595x765px
>>53481045
The point is that you have to go full blown autism mode just to get these mini's. It shouldn't be that way. Enough stock to last one hour isn't enough stock at all, especially in a market with customers this fanatical.
>>
>>53481170
It used to not be so bad but with the influx of new fans without an increase in production shit is getting pretty cut throat. We should really start chewing Poots ass up about it to be honest.

I'm more worried about the card pack considering 19k+ people are going to be wanting it and if he dicks around with "Muh 500 units!" there's going to be a lot of pissed off people.

I mean just the other day some goof offered me several hundred dollars for my first run resin BK.

Shit is getting bananas.
>>
>>53481216
Cards have good economies of scale; resin models have horrible economies of scale. I can understand why Poots does limited runs on the resin models if only because he only has access to so much resin throughput and doesn't want to invest into expanding that because fuck resin (honestly). Cards, though, shit if he limits that then he is just being a right dick for no reason at all.
>>
>>53481346
True. He's been pretty good about putting the plastic stuff up without limiting the stock so much (ignoring Percival and Fade). So hopefully he does the same here.
>>
>>53481045
How did you know all that m8? twitter or some other fag place or what?
>>
>>53482029
By being the best.
>>
Where should one look for new models? The kickstarter or the website?
>>
>>53484149
To buy or just to ogle?
>>
>>53484164
Buying, everyone's on about how these models keep going out of stock within the hour of being put up.
>>
>>53484206
I just follow the email newsletter that you can sign up for on the main site. Been able to nab stuff as I want it that way.

That said, I also work from home so I'm able to nab things the second that email pops up in my inbox. Following some of their social media sites might be beneficial, though I dunno how often they update since most small companies have shit community management.
>>
>>53481045
>waiting at 5 for the store to update refreshed the page constantly.
>Had to leave at 5:15 No update yet
>get email at 5:20 that store updates
>nearly crash my car typing in all my info for samurai and vixen + sunstalker expansion in seperate checkout
>my death would have been worth it.

Honestly knowing a week in advance means dick when you update 20 minutes late anyway especially for those of us with responsibilities. The stock is really small for its market anon you really do have to turn the autism to 100 to lock these things down and that sucks, it's okay to admit that.
>>
>>53484869
As someone who was able to get the stuff this time, I agree with you. Like it's clear that this is a very small team of people figuring things out as they move forward, but Poots definitely has to start considering expansion and adjusting things to better serve the rapidly increasing demand that supplies can't hope to match. It feels like he's running the company the same as it was a few years ago, and it's going to bite him in the ass if he can't start opening the gates a little to make supply and demand a bit more even.
>>
>>53484869
Artificial scarcity is profitable in many situations. With a market like Kingdom Death's, this is one of them.
>>
>>53485035
Yeah I totally agree especially since with demand being so high the scalping market is gonna sky rocket for this since a portion of Kickstarter 2's crowd is probably waiting to see if they like the game to buy more content. I'm really afraid it's going to turn into the same market as concert tickets where 95% of them are bought second hand at ridiculous prices not from the box office at MSRP.

And I'm even one of those people that get's off on the exclusiveness of products I love a good rare center piece. But this is just a bit much.
>>
What is the sweetspot for number of players playing the game?
>>
>>53485608
2 is the best in my opinion. Let's each person control 2 characters and makes it so they're not completely left out if one dies.
>>
>>53485608
>>53485629

2-3, yeah. You need to also be able to make compromises and deals/agreements during some parts of the game in order to get as much fun as you can from it.

Then again, that recently bit me in the ass when a NG+ chance was voted against because we'd be leaving a player's "favorite survivor" behind.
>>
>>53485629
>>53485684
Thanks for the advice anons. I will get one other guy and have some fun co-oping through the game.
>>
>>53485608
>>53485724
It's still a lot of fun up to 4 players, don't be too dissuaded. I'd just be hesitant using the optional rules and going above that to 5-6, the game becomes really unbalanced.
>>
File: 2xxfccytfg9y.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2xxfccytfg9y.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>53485744
5 would allow a game master
>>
>>53451066
whoa what the hell is this game?
>>
>>53485960
Tactical combat, civilization building with light choose your own adventure elements set in a world that is either literally Hell, or functionally so. Humans are not special. There's nothing important about them. They are the equivalent of mice or rats in the setting ecosystem, and there's no real hope of getting out of that niche.
>>
>>53485960
Take Monster Hunter, turn it into a board game.
Combine with citybuilding.
Liberally mix in Souls-style flavor.
Top with faces, penises, and vaginas in incorrect places to taste, serves 2-4
>>
>>53471432
To your credit, it's normal for good paint jobs to take a long time, if not even more than 100+ hours. It's a gross generalization of the fanbase for sure, but it just kills me seeing godawful paint jobs on KD miniatures from people that haven't even learned to thin their paints yet. Even worse, I've seen all sorts of dumb questions from folks buying these expensive resin models and not knowing they were buying resin models.

I think it parallels the same frustration I have with the popularity of the 1.5 Kickstarter and people proudly proclaiming how much money they've spent on the game and then go on to ask stupid questions that could be answered with some basic reading through the kickstarter campaign. It's like these dudes are backing at $1000-2000, don't even bother to read, and expect that this text/rule heavy game is going to hold their hand and be the girlfriend they've always wanted? If it weren't for Poots artificially limiting supply, I bet the market for KDM would be flooded with used copies some time after the game releases and hype dies.
>>
>>53486527
I won't even bother painting these because I know I'm not good enough. The most I've done was that marble statue-looking paint job displayed during the campaign. It's almost cheating how such a simple paint scheme can look so good for so little work.
>>
>>53485960
Fuck off we are full
>>
>>53486527
Where have all these people come from? They are clearly not from the wargaming fanbase because most of them have zero experience with miniatures.

It's like KD main audience are normalfags. What with that.
>>
>>53450684
>doesnt have any smartphone post 2005 to order on the spot

pleb, this game isnt for you.
>>
>>53486567
It's ok if you don't paint the models used to play the game, if all you care about is the game. But buying the exclusive pinups and non-gaming models and not painting them properly is a sin and you are preventing proper hobbyists from taking them and creating amazing pieces for all us to see.
>>
File: V2-Thief.jpg (44KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
V2-Thief.jpg
44KB, 900x600px
>>53486889
You don't understand, look at this detail!
I've only got one shot at this and I'm sure as hell not going to risk fucking it up with an outer shell of mediocrity
>>
>>53486889
Get your head out of your ass, you're allowed to purchase miniatures even if you don't plan to paint them.
>>
File: 1372276156899.jpg (19KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
1372276156899.jpg
19KB, 442x600px
>>53486889
>>53486974
Now I'm just dying to see some nightmare fuel made with KD models.
>>
>>53487157
Go to the kingdom death reddit, there's plenty of it there.
>>
Can someone provide me with a quick rundown on gameplay and format? The art I saw is great and flavourful but I am unsure what the game even is.

Also, how big of an investment is it? I don't want another MtG or W40k tier money sink
>>
>>53487463
It's a big investment, but it's a one-time investment since it's a boardgame. More later if you want the expansions. $400+

The creator has some plays and there are also a few groups playing on youtube.
>>
>>53487505
The added benefit as well, for me at least, is the ability to easily use the minis for TTRPGs. Whipping out a KD:M mini during D&D always gets a nice pop from players.
>>
i was wondering.

do you have to fight the butcher every single fucking time. or will 1.5 have alternative nemesis encounters?
>>
>>53486974
this is a recast isnt it?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/store/product/Resin-Models-Kingdom-Death-Thief-Figures-model-kit-Free-Shipping/1800619_32523158164.html
>>
File: 1428630632362.png (158KB, 245x362px) Image search: [Google]
1428630632362.png
158KB, 245x362px
>>53487505
>one-time investment
>More later if you want the expansions
Anon...
>>
>>53488882
I usually just straight up replace Butcher with Manhunter half the time.
>>
>>53489197
The point is that you can make it a one time investment and still get your monies worth.
>>
>>53488934
If it's from AliExpress it's a recast.
>>
>>53489955
>spent 1800

i dont know how much i need to get out of this without getting buyers remorse.
thinking about upping my paint skills and learn how to blend. instead of layer everything to infinity.

then maybe decorate my room with it like art if i can do some masterclass shit.

find a gf to play with and bear some playmates i will let grow up experiences everything there is in KD.

maybe i will be satisfied after that but i will probably press my children into bearing some spawn themselves quickly. not that i intend to play with those since my kids would never allow it.

but if i then make sure my grandchildren poop out a few players before they are 25 i would be able to play with those.
>>
Think there is any chance the devs will re-release KD:M's core via kickstarter or any other medium? The game looks interesting and the minis - gorgeous - but it seems a tad too expensive for something I will only seldom play.
>>
>>53491553
There might be another kickstarter in 2022 but other than that 400$ retail come august and on is your only option.
>>
will the inverted mountain and abyssal forest gain different random hunt event tables?

i can imagine some of the original 100 would be way more suited to just the plain of faces.
>>
i love you guys.

anyone wanna play catan on TTS? and teamspeak (or whatever)
>>
File: I'm melting.jpg (128KB, 937x705px) Image search: [Google]
I'm melting.jpg
128KB, 937x705px
>>53487157
Be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>53492388
Nightmare horror indeed.
>>
>>53492000
I hope so

more hunt events and settlement events are needed I think
>>
Got my email during my sleep so I missed the vixen and necro.

However I wasn't interested in them and got the pinup box and the witch with lanterns.

Will have to wait a while as I'm in Europe but when I have them and painted them I'll post email here along with the other KD stuff I have (black knight, storm knight pinup, the immortal thick warrior lady, and pinup apothesis)

Though I want to give a heads up that my painting is not the best(gw paints used... I will accept being burned at stake) and among my group of friends I am known as the user of unconventional colour schemes (khorne bloodhound have pink armor... Again, I will accept stake burning plus pitchfork stabbings)

You have been warned
>>
>>53486974
did poots say anywhere that he would never do resins of certain figures again?

i would like a thief cutiepie
>>
Double checking with you all as I believe some of you are more experienced. I am seeing some Kd pinup models on eBay going for 17$. I'm guessing those are recasts?
>>
>>53492748
If it's less than twice the price of the original it's probably a recast, unless it's a plastic figure then it might be legit.
>>
>>53489964
And they suck in my experience.
>>
>>53492748
Yes, dogshit. I've tried all these fucking recasters and they are all garbage wastes of money.
>>
>>53492623
I have all the classes except necro and knight. Really hoping he redoes those, I was not interested in the variants.
>>
>>53452115
That sounds pretty personal, kid.
>>
Stop sperging so much about plastics faggots, they are perfectly good and in some cases the remasters are superior to the original resins.
>>
>>53450684
I got two, want one?
>>
File: i wish this was you.jpg (102KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
i wish this was you.jpg
102KB, 400x576px
>>53494588
What do you need two for?
Eat shit and die scalper.
>>
>>53494556
but in that picture the resin is better : <

the resin shows details to be smaller then the plastic and look more real because of it. just look at the face
>>
>>53494887
The plastic is higher contrast, that's all. It has better resolution.
>>
>>53494556
I don't know bud, it looks like a difference in how the shadow reads on the underlying colour more than an improvement in cast to me.
>>
>>53494907
>>53494887
Also the plastic has much more aesthetically pleasing proportions, her legs look so skinny, which implies a badly proportioned ass and her tits are like balloons filled with helium on the resin original.
>>
>>53485214
But there's a good few thousands additional units that would be sold per release without significantly damaging the apparent scarcity of product.
He could easily double his profits on each release by increasing the number of units made.
At the moment he's just handing market share in his own game over to recasters.
>>
>>53486756
Boardgamers - there's less cross-over between wargamers/miniature gamers and boardgamers than most people on /tg/ might expect, being that 85% of the posters here play or have played toy mans games and also play boardgame.
The splits the other way is probably more like 10% of boardgamers play toy man games.

>>53486889
>>53487146
I'd have to agree with head-out-of-ass man - surely all of us here have purchased miniatures at some point that we bought almost solely for the sculpt, without serious intent to paint it?

>>53491772
>400$ retail
This is such a fucking bummer.
I just cannot drop that kind of money on a game.
I would love to play it, but there're only a couple of folks who bought in, only one who seems to be playing it much, and he's already a bit burned out on how many people are (with varous degrees of subtlety) badgering him to play so they can play with him.
>>
File: kermit stare.jpg (8KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
kermit stare.jpg
8KB, 400x273px
>>53495967
>I'd have to agree with head-out-of-ass man - surely all of us here have purchased miniatures at some point that we bought almost solely for the sculpt, without serious intent to paint it?
What's the point then? Are you keeping it in a cabinet to see the wonderful plastic it is made of?
>>
>>53495967
>I just cannot drop that kind of money on a game.
Then play it on TTS for like 20$ max.
>>
>>53452115
Nothing to be ashamed of. A tanto excels at piercing.
>>
File: 26841732062_8cb424d7e5_o.jpg (408KB, 1375x1490px) Image search: [Google]
26841732062_8cb424d7e5_o.jpg
408KB, 1375x1490px
>>53486567
How well did that paint job come out? How long have you been painting?
I'm completely new to painting, hoping to get the 1.5 Core when it comes out. Before then with a bit of cash I'll get some cheap models and some paints and shit and try to GIT GUD. I'm very intimidated by the thought though, part of the reason I started following KDM was the aesthetic is right on what I like in dark fantasy, so I'll want to do the models justice, like shit like this
and is such a literally dark world I'd want to do lighting effects.
But if I don't feel ready for any of that I might just give everything the statue treatment. At least the starting survivor models, to contrast nicely with the other fleshed out survivors
>>
>>53494681
One for keeping and one for selling in my tiny country, at the buy-price, because the shop opened at 12 o clock at night. I am a goddamn hero.
>>
>>53492388
What the fuck were they thinking? They lost all the details on the model not even mentioning the terrible colors oh Lord no why. Looks like they used housing paint.
>>
>>53487505
Are there videos of poots playing?
Is he cool or a sperg?
He looks like a husk-man.

Also, where/when can I get the anonymous survivor model?
I want the biggest human KDM tiddie money can buy
>>
File: yellow comic 3.gif (23KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yellow comic 3.gif
23KB, 750x1000px
>>53496551
Ok then.
>>
>>53496079

Different anon,

Only reason I bought and will probably still buy KD is to paint email to a tabletop standard so I can proxy em in aos games cos I'm starting to get bores with the gw aesthetic
>>
>>53462423
This got more horrifying the more I looked at it.
>>
>>53492872
Speaking of, I happened to check Ebay recently, and is there a reason a White Knight and several other minis are going up for like $150 - $200? That seems unreasonable and insane for anyone to even consider purchasing.
>>
>>53462423
>>53466159
>>53497254
There's doujin with similar premise, though I can't recall the name of it.
>>
>>53497408
Pretty sure it's because they've only had one run and they are the minis that fit really well in almost all fantasy tabletop. Not to mention the white knights are gorgeous models.
>>
>>53497713
It's called Man Eater
>>
>>53497855
I'll give you that, they are gorgeous. They're one of the designs I keep hoping for a reprint of
>>
File: 1450082739398.png (198KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1450082739398.png
198KB, 400x533px
>>53491371
Hope is a mistake
>>
>>53498359
Never lose hope, competent office ladies are love.
>>
>>53496079
There are a good few sculpts that I don't think I could do justice to, but are still aesthetically appealing as clean bare metal.
I still have a few of the early 200s Trollslayers I've left unainted because I think they look better that way.

Of course, I can do that because I don't need to use them - I don't play any GW games anymore.

>>53496289
Not a tactile experience, it's a crap video game at that point.
If I want online tactical roleplaying I'll do that with a tactical roleplay game online.
I want to be flipping cards and moving toy men and rolling dice in the presence of friends.
>>
>>53499882
The game is good enough that even without the tactile experience it's still a mechanically rock solid game.
Better than many video games with similar mechanics.
>>
>>53499882
>>53499924
> it's still a mechanically rock solid game.
I absolutely believe you, having spectated on sections of it between games, but the mechanics alone are only half of what appeals about these games - the rest is the physical social aspect.
It's why I don't use Vassal to expand my table time in other games; it doesn't scratch the itch right.
>>
>>53500099
I mean the way TTS works you still get a pretty good aproximation of that tactile social experience if you get a bunch of other folks together over discord or something, being that all the cards and pieces haave physics and proper 3d models unlike something lik vassal which is just moving around flat images.

I mean no matter how you look at it it's better than nothing so at least give it a try.
>>
>>53500163
>>53499924
>poorfag TTS scrub
The dude said no you rapist.
>>
>>53500196
I own the game dude, I just want him to paly it as well.
And if he doesn't want to spend money on it the least he can do is try it on TTS.
>>
>>53500196
Don't be a penis, he's providing me with a valid response.

>>53500256
>>53500163
I'll see how successfully the slow-burn hype train gnaws away at me.
Perhaps I'll crack eventually.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.