[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you start a local gaming group without a store near you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ss (2017-04-19 at 02.48.36).jpg (277KB, 1474x590px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-19 at 02.48.36).jpg
277KB, 1474x590px
How do you start a local gaming group without a store near you?
>>
File: MAILORDERSTRIKE.jpg (31KB, 449x289px) Image search: [Google]
MAILORDERSTRIKE.jpg
31KB, 449x289px
You'll most likely require a band of like-minded individuals who have a spark of interest and hopefully, pictured image provides each player a satisfying faction to play. Starter set factions are limited for demo play only, should a new recruit appear?
>>
>>53447650
Universities and colleges.

Hang out around 7-11s and tell young kids that you'd like to play a game with them out back.
>>
>>53447650
universities and colleges? local cons? looking for group threads/resources?

remember that barnes and noble actually caries D&D stuff.

all of those have worked for me.
>>
>>53447799
I'm not a D&D fag, I play wargames hence why I used the Ork picture
>>
>>53448427
>40kek
>talks shit about pen and paper games

At least pen and paper games have strategy and cost less money than your glorified plastic army men.

Have fun with the disaster that's 8th, you fucking twat. Hope you enjoy findom and being GW's sugar daddy.
>>
>>53448491
I can see why you like pretending to be someone else now.
>>
>>53447650
Unless there is a university or college in your town, it probably won't work. You usually need some place to meet up, socialize at, and recruit. Any wargaming group would be evermore difficult to do since you need so much more to play than a card game or ttrpg.
>>
>>53448514
I don't see why you don't. Does pretending your hobby is about painting keep away the thoughts of suicide after you realize what an expensive waste of time, life, and money 40k is?
>>
>>53448574
We have a village hall here perfect for like 10 tables. If I can find people to play with then we're gold. The nearest college and unis are all 30 minutes away and I'd like something closer than clubs there.
>>
>>53448698
Put up a flier on message boards in town or in shops.

Get in touch with council staff to confirm use of venue.
>>
>>53449019
Already in contact with the local staff, they think it's a great idea as it will give the local kids something to do and promote arts and crafts to them.
>>
>>53448491
Not the two people arguing in the thread but wargames are more then GW and 40k these days, plenty of Osprey books are good along with Kings of War Infinity ect.

I hate GW and the games Age of Sigmar/ 40k is a giant money sink, however all hobbies cost money really.
>>
>>53447650
You need:
- indoor location
- dudes and gals
- minis and/or cards
- food and drinks (optional)
>>
File: asdfsgfwerfaf.png (141KB, 195x280px) Image search: [Google]
asdfsgfwerfaf.png
141KB, 195x280px
>>53448491
Jeez man calm down.
>>
>>53447650
Universities, colleges, your local library or rec center. Meetup.com. See if your city has a reddit, or facebook page, or some other community website and make a few posts there. Maybe even put up flyers.
If you're really desperate, and not a creep or weirdo, you might see if any local schools have wargaming clubs that you could be a mentor/chaperone for. A friend of mine actually got roped into doing something like that on a bi-weekly basis and he's been surprised by how much fun it he's had with it, plus it'll look good on a resume and give you something noble you can say about your hobby to impress people with.
>>
>>53453045
>>53449128
>>53448698
Should've read the rest of the page. If you have a place set for it and they want to turn it into a communal all-ages thing, then definitely see about talking to schools. Maybe even email Games Workshop. No idea how they do community stuff, but they might have some advice, make some social media posts about it to give you a signal boost, or maybe even have some freebies to help establish a scene in your area.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.