[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would your character do, if he was put into the Stratholme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12

File: Glad you could make it Uther.jpg (506KB, 1475x964px) Image search: [Google]
Glad you could make it Uther.jpg
506KB, 1475x964px
What would your character do, if he was put into the Stratholme situation?
>>
My last character wasn't retarded. He'd go on with the culling.

ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>53432618
This.
The city was not salvageable, there's no way to tell who was infected and who wasn't until they turned into undead and the plague was spreading fast. Plus if any of it left the city, it'd become uncontrollable.

Arthas made the proper choice, unfortunately everyone in Warcraft has their own head shoved far up their ass at all times, thus shit turned out as it did.
>>
>>53432905
>ad and the plague was spreading fast. Plus if any of it left the city, it'd become uncontrollable.
>Arthas made the proper choice, unfortunately everyone in Warcraft has their own head shoved far up their ass at all times, thus shit turned out as it did.

Not being willing to slaughter civilians isn't that crazy of a stance to have, especially from heroic figures. Its a pretty brutal thing, (though it probably was the right move) to genocide a town because most of the people are infected.
>>
>>53432618
Arthas is a fagget
Garathos did nothing wrong. You fucking inhuman.
>>
>>53432426
He'd channel Talos and obliterate the city himself.
>>
>>53432426

Try to save them and do the right thing by keeping them alive according to correct Paladin laws. Or else you would fall. Juts runce your cock into it like.
>>
>>53432426
Try to cure villagers for as long as possible while sending troops to bar the gates.
When the last family turns, the city burns.
>>
>>53434094
Did you forget about this whole Mal'Ganis thing?
>>
>>53434134
Mal'Ganis can't teleport zombies to Northrend if he's buried under a pile of knights and paladins that didn't abandon their liege.
>>
>>53434094
And if someone manages to sneak out? Then it was all for nothing.
>>
>>53432426
The right thing, just like Arthas did.
>>
>>53432618
You could maybe say he wasn't quite in the wrong but it certainly wasn't like, a good heroic prince thing to do
>>53434004
Basically yeah, the "right thing" was probably not a "good" thing

I think the proper "good" thing would've been to burn the grain shut the city down and be ready to kill anyone that turns, but be willing to let some people live. Maybe it doesn't work but you avoid the paladins murdering children in the name of good thing.
>>
>>53434244
Probably put some hunting parties together with the Silver Hand looking for escaped zombies.
It's not like there are any good choices. Burn the city, fall as a paladin and go crazy, or try and save people up until the last moment.

Arthas did nothing wrong, but him and I have different paladin oaths.
>>
>>53432426
I'm playing a drunken pirate in plate Mail that floats and a halberd. He'd drink and then spin to win
>>
>>53432426
It depends, we talking how my character is currently or how they were at the beginning of the campaign. Either way, my character has parallels to Arthas
>If currently, he does it without a second thought.
It is what needs to happen, plus he has been given a reason for a justified genocide in order to be a "Hero" then claim it will be justified when the villain lays defeated.
>If starting out, that shit will fuck him up and lead him to what he is now
>>
>>53432426
>Dwarf Wizard that defies fate
He pisses off the death/luck domain cleric in the party by descending from the heavens, hasting himself, imprisoning Mal'Ganis in a piece of amber, and curing/reviving anyone afflicted by the plague with his Philosopher's Stone.

Screw the preconceived notion of a predestined hard moral choice, everyone gets a second chance! Just this once.
>>
>>53437077
After that is all done, he would Polymorph into Donkey Kong, make a 360 degree turn, and blink out of there.

Never underestimate a Wizard with spare spell slots
>>
>"Are you fucking for real ? Zombies ?"
>"Man fuck dat with the force of several supernovas. We're not even setting foot on the planet, tell our employer to gives a bonus and then maybe we'll orbital stoke the city from orbit before we jump the hyperspace as far as we can away from here. I'm hitting the minibar."
Zeltrons aren't known for their bravery.
>>
>>53432426
Actually be able to give Uther a good explanation for what was going on.
>>
>>53434332
>Maybe it doesn't work
>Maybe it does
Employing wishful thinking with the lives of your soldiers and the rest of the country at stake is not "good".
>>
An Elf bard and her cohort, a Half-Orc Oracle of Battle who moonlights as an undead slayer.

She'd consider that situation a "whole lot of FUCK THAT," but would get dragged into it anyways because her cohort worships the goddess of death and loathes undead, and she's lowkey trying to hit that.
>>
>>53437458

For a Paladin, Future King AND Diplomat to other races Arthas is fucking terrible at talking.
>>
I think a lot of it depends on if there is any way to use personal skills to get around some of the things Arthas couldn't.

As my last PC was a D&D 4e Artificer who was utterly fantastic when it came to medicine.

She'd give curing it a damn good shot (or at least, do her best to find a screening process) and, unless it's just flat ruled 'No, you auto-fail' she'd likely have a pretty good chance at it. She's cured Paragon-Tier Diseases before, which seems about right for the plague in Strathholme (Being a continental threat but not a multi-planar threat).
>>
>>53438258
But can she cure the entire city in one night?
>>
>>53432426

I've never played this game. I really dislike the artsyle.
>>
>>53432426
>"The city is already lost then, destroying it is the only good option"
>"I will go gather my tools"
>>
>>53438152
>Willing to potentially murder children for orc dick
Chaotic evil?
>>
>>53437626
Starting to kill everyone, infected or not, makes people more prone to try to sneak out than offering them medicine. What if your culling doesn't catch every one, then it was all for nothing.
>>
>>53438191
they had to contrive some way to get uther out of the plot so arthas could go full retard

honestly it'd be better if he showed up after the whole purge happened
>>
>>53438269

Likely not. Her rituals could cure a few people in one night but a full city is too many targets.

Her research would likely do more in finding something to treat other outbreaks or detect the disease rather than saving everyone here.

On the other hand: She could ward the place to prevent those that do die rising as the undead in while she studies the effects of the plague for a cure. She did that one once before when the city she lives in was going to be attacked by a necromancer. Set up hospitals to take the sick to both to allow treatment and to cluster people in more easily warded places. Warding 100% of the city would take too long but she could easily ward cathedrals and castles.

The issue would be dealing with Mal'Ganis, as sufficiently powerful undead can push through the wards (Though it does a lot of damage) and if she dies, they fail.

it's not a perfect solution but it's got a chance.
>>
>>53438388
>Mal'Ganis, as sufficiently powerful undead
He's a demon, anon.
>>
>>53438334

>honestly it'd be better if he showed up after the whole purge happened

Yeah. It's a lot easier to believe Uther losing his shit if he turned up afterwards and saw Arthas in the middle of a city of slaughted civilians, doubly so if they didn't visibly look undead/sick. That tends to look pretty unambiguously evil.

>So Arthas, you killed an entire city and it's literally just your word saying they were totally going to turn into zombies?
>>
File: 1480862327147.png (273KB, 518x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480862327147.png
273KB, 518x700px
The answer is obvious, I just wish it wasn't so meta.
>>
>>53438405

I swear he was undead as well. Been a long time since I played WC3 but I remember him being affected by all the stuff that has a different effect on undead units.

That might have just been a gameplay thing though. If so, he'll be able to enter the wards. Setting them up vs both immortals and undead would add a lot more work to it that I imagine would add too much time to the process. I mean, that's literally twice as much warding.

So yeah, she could stop the undeath but the issue there would be that she'd have a giant 'If you kill me, you win' sign on her head to Mal'Ganis so her own survival becomes the issue. Hopefully she's got some sort of military forces like Arthas did in the situation as I don't like her odds against Mal + whichever units he has that are not technically undead (I think Gargoyles are alive?) on her own.
>>
>>53434244
But if you start slaughtering people openly, anyone who hears about it is going to run for their lives.

I would open up the gates to the zoo and quarantine everyone in the cages, killing anyone who turns the instant it happens.
>>
>>53438306
Falls in line with WC lore, desu senpai
>>
>>53438306
Generally in the neutral spectrum, but tries to lean toward good. "Road to hell" and all that. At the very least, she and her cohort would most likely be making use of his divination and shit to figure out how many people could be saved. And I didn't think about kids. Neither of them would really be down for going THAT far.

And as far as orc dick goes, well...Technically he's only a quarter orc because I fucked around with racial traits, but he's orc in the right places c;
>>
>>53432426
Arthas usurping Ner'zhul was such complete bullshit.
>>
>>53438630
It was, because it was not even Arthas in the end. WC Arthas was a smug son of a bitch, constantly cracking jokes and taunting his enemies. WoW Arthas was a generic evil overlord with booming voice.
>>
>>53432426
Man, I want to run a setting based in post-plague not-Lordaeron at some point, where the players are newly-awakened Undead trying to find a place in the world, after the Lich who was controlling them got his shit wrecked by some unknown band of heroes.

Y'know how in WoW, Forsaken characters start off as just another corpse that woke up as a person again, and are just left to fend for themselves? I never played far enough to get into the grimderp shit people always bring up, but that initial narrative has always fascinated me. You so rarely see stories about zombies that regain their sense of self, and it never happens in large numbers. The idea of the Forsaken - of a whole society of sapient undead, that don't know what to do with themselves - is downright unique, and full of potential.
>>
>>53438274
It's Warcraft 3, which came out in 2002.
>>
>>53438536
> "Road to hell" and all that.
Trying to get ork dick is not "good intentions".
>>
I wouldn't have stopped at 100 zombies.
>>
>>53438459
Demons made the Undead so the Light fuck them both evenly.
>>
>>53438325
I don't think there was any medicine in the circumstance. Also, it may have been a "plague" but I don't think it was contagious from zombie to person. The culling was presumably because the zombie horde would be super dangerous, and presumably more dangerous than killing the peasants. I think the dilemma here was intended to be ethical ("good" vs not), because if there was a straight-up more effective way of handling the threat then it's a no-brainer to pick that way.
>>
>>53437458
>>53438191
>>53438334

>seeing innocent men and women die to demon worshipping orcs and then undead creatures couldn't possibly make an apparently emotionally liable young man hard to reason with

Sasuga autists
>>
>>53432426
Try to kill them as humanely as possible. Or wait for them to turn and set up some sort of meat-grinder, so he can feel a little better about the whole purge thing.
>>
>>53438939
>Reign of Chaos is 15 years old

Whoa dude.
>>
>>53438939
Fug. I remember waiting for years for it to come out.

I feel old as fuck now.
>>
>>53432426
If zombies were being created by a plague then the paladins in setting i'm in would be 110% for the purge and if anyone had an issue with it the preists of the death god would state its a justifyable mercy killing.
>>
>>53442315
>preists of the death god
Fuck yeah.

I personally try and stick Morr in every setting.
>>
File: Fist of Thalmor Character.jpg (289KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fist of Thalmor Character.jpg
289KB, 700x1000px
Morally? He wouldn't even break stride as he stepped over the bleeding corpses of every civilian in the city. Supposing Stratholme was as strategically important of a problem as Arthas always suggested. Seeing as the nation still got overrun, he'd probably take the general sample size of the population, determine whether or not losing Uther's support outweighed the benefits of slaying the villagers, and depending on these two figures would either let them turn for the sake of keeping Paladin support, or kill them for the sake of preserving the Kingdom.

Physically? He's an ancient wizard who looks about thirty because he devoted his entire life towards the arts of Restoration and physical perfection, with side-studies in the schools of Destruction and Mysticism relevant to stealing or draining the attributes of others. He'd probably spend the day preparing a giant Turn Undead Ward that he could set around the outer limits of the city, then have the Paladins set up evacuation zones where survivors who didn't turn could escape to for safety. From there they would be quarantined and held under watch while the rest of the dead were slain.
>>
>>53442329
Hes not the Warhammer one
>>
Enginseer Ossian Thale would likely advocate for orbital bombardment, rather than risk any of the Machine Gods precious and perfect Leman Russes going into the city. On the other hand, there is a potential for a LOT of extra Servitors in that city.
>>
File: 18839_sm-WD187REVIEW45.jpg (53KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
18839_sm-WD187REVIEW45.jpg
53KB, 600x457px
>>53442467
Chambers > Metzen
>>
>>53442481
?
>>
>>53432618
Arthas didn't do anything wrong until his hunt for Mal'Ganis consumed him and he started killing his own men because morale was down.
>>
>>53432905
Here's a thought; maybe instead of setting fire to people's homes and killing them in the street, just fucking ring the alarm bell and round people up.
Ask them who feels sick and who doesn't. Ask the sick people to go to some warehouse or something and lock it up. While they turn, simply protect the people who spoke the truth from the few liars who turn in the "healthy" group?

The people were loyal to arthas, and there's no reason he should have to tell the infected that they're fucked.

This would also make it easier for his men to protect the people and keep the zombies from the dreadlord faggot who was collecting them.

What's wrong about trying to save as many people as possible?
>>
>>53442657
By the time he got there the infection was starting to begin. The zombies rampaging the chaos of people turning into the undead and the Cult of the Damned+more speicalized combat undead had made it impossible to orginize a repsonse.
Arthas had to start anothor fire(Culling) to snuff out the fire that was already raging(People turning into the undead).
>>
File: imagesVPCFWAQQ.jpg (11KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
imagesVPCFWAQQ.jpg
11KB, 247x204px
DEUS VULT
>>
>>53442718
Or how about this fucking thought; ring the (mandatory in every medieval town of any size) alarm bell or equivalent and then let the survivors be saved by a group of knights (who can then cull anyone who turns)

Then, if he thought it was necessary, sure; set fire to the town.

Arthas didn't even try to save anyone, he just gave up and murdered everyone indiscriminately.
>>
>>53442467
Don't care. Morr is awesome.
>>
>>53442657

I would imagine the problem is that that would be a time-consuming effort that places a lot of soldiers at risk, for a few reasons.

The first is that the peasants can change at any time, and it seems to be in large groups. Spreading out your men to defend organized camps of people when all, half, or none of their charges can suddenly start trying to kill them at any time might lead to utter disaster.

The other is Varimathras- He was going around actively turning people with a coterie of Undead. If you split up in to groups so you could perform an organized evacuation of the city, it would be all the easier for him to pick at you, made worse still if he strikes at the same time that a bunch of villagers turn.

I'm not saying it's impossible to save everyone, by any means, but you are leaving your men -and- the city vulnerable to complete annihilation trying to evacuate them, while purging the city ensures that the root of the problem is dealt with before it can become something far worse than it is.

I think the way Arthas looked at it, was that these people are probably dead no matter how this turns out, because a bunch of peasants aren't going to survive very long either following an army camp as they wade through the dead, or a long trek down to Lordaeron with undead popping up everywhere. If they were saved from conversion now, they'd be slain and raised later.

Now, if you want to be the true blue Saturday morning cartoon Paladin about this, then you'd say these are all necessary risks that soldiers and Paladins should be prepared to take on, and that an assumption people will be damned later does not mean you have no obligation to save them now.

That's all fine and good, but when people talk about 'Arthas did nothing wrong', they're saying that he responded realistically to a situation that most people would want answered idealistically, including Uther.
>>
>>53432426
Between the two presented options? Culling.
In a purely theoretical optimal scenario? Quarantine everyone in their houses, lock them in for a day, kill everyone who turns undead, quarantine the living for a few more days (they'll still be given non-tainted food for that period) and then order all the living who remain to retreat to a safer location (like the capital). Then burn the entire city down to the ground for good measure.

Then again, that's a very optimistic scenario that presupposes means Arthas almost certainly didn't have available to him.
>>
The mistake Arthas made wasn't culling Stratholme, which I understand as a necessary decision, but rather the depths he fell to pursuing Varimathras: betraying his soldiers, his father, and his friend Muradin, then taking an ancient cursed sword.

Instead of tempering his emotions and understanding that he did what had to be done, he sacrificed everything to kill Varimathras by his own volition, rather than Stratholme which was being forced into an unfortunate situation.
>>
>>53432426
Try to confront Mal'ganis and save as many people as possible, believing that somehow we could cure the infected.

We'd probably end up dead or surrounded by zombies having to fight our way out.
>>
>>53432426

>Stratholme had a Port

>Arthas lacked the troops and ships to ensure a full quarantine

>every infected turned into a dangerous zombie

>The fucking kingdom was crumbling and at that point in the campaign Arthas had realized how dangerous the undeads were

Tbqh i don't even consider Stratholme worthy of falling. He Fell when he slaughtered his own men. Stratholme was a pressured decision a future King has to make. In my books Arthas was right with this one.
>>
>>53432426
Use the chaos to round up some healthy-looking peasants, use their blood in a ritual to open a gateway to Hell, welcome the demonic hordes that swarm through with open arms, and make the whole situation several orders of magnitude worse.
>>
>>53432426
I dunno, but I'm gonna think it over while I make some bread.
>>
>>53432426
Cast a spell to bolster the town's magic resist if it's actually a curse, entitling them to rerolls to break the curse.
If it's an actual disease, magical or no, Arcane Level Heal Diseases will do the trick.

Creation/Essence Wizard best support healer, all healers.
>>
>>53442657
>Ask them who feels sick and who doesn't.
Early renditions of the plague don't work like that.

You feel perfectly OK until you become a shambling corpse, and then you and your wife are chowing down on the baby.

The Scourge was pretty scary shit in that game.
>>
>>53432426
Probably the same, but probably not go to Northrend afterwards.
>>
>>53442779
Never be put in charge of Quarantine situations.
>>
>>53443521
Mal'Ganis.

But yes, the Scourge would have been fed too hard should they have tried the proper way.
>>
>>53443521
>>53447179
Although that said the proper solution was to have sent Jaina off earlier to gather reinforcements than she was.
>>
>>53432426
>cast cure disease
>cast remove curse
>rinse repeat
>>
File: The Peelings of Sausageholme.png (207KB, 1494x1758px) Image search: [Google]
The Peelings of Sausageholme.png
207KB, 1494x1758px
>>53432426
>>
>>53447256
What, for the entire city of, presumably, a million?
>>
>>53447521
Yes. Have everyone line up. Kill anyone who turns into a zombobo. Cure as many as possible.
>>
>>53447552
While the Dreadlord, Undead and cult of the damned run around?
>>
He'd probably join Arthas. Probably would've disagreed at wasting time at kicking Uther out of the Paladins, but whatever.

I'm not too well versed in Warcraft lore, did the purging of Stratholme actually help a lot?
>>
>>53447593
Don't think it did. All it really did was delay the fall of Lordaeron.
>>
>>53447571
Let uther's army deal with that.
>>
>>53447593
In the end no, as no one in Lordaeron did shit to prepare for the Scourge afterwards.

Instead Jaina just ran away over to another continent and Uther went and mopped. King Tyrenas didn't do anything until Soulless Arthas killed him, Quel'Thalas (elves) did jack shit beyond rely on existing defenses.

Only Dalaran did something, an anti undead aura over their city but by then it was too late.
>>
>>53447674
I'm sure that'll work out.
>>
>>53447711
I doubt I'd be able to make much of a difference.
>>
>>53447593

If anything, it made it worse (Indirectly).

The fight would have been long and bloody if the undead had been spawned but the Lich King wouldn't have been wandering about in Arthas' body, destroying all the leadership of the country.
>>
>>53447742
That's more the fault of deciding to hunt down Mal'Ganis in Northrend.
>>
Things to remember:
You can't cure the plague
Everyone in the city is infected
If you start butchering civilians, Jaina and Uther will bail, as well as the present members of the Silver Hand
Mal'Ganis can't be permanently killed here, and will continuously teleport back and forth from Northrend with more undead reinforcements
He will also hunt down anyone left unguarded
>>
>>53447763

Yeah, hence 'Indirectly'. Doing this led to him chasing Mal'Ganis down like an idiot.
>>
>>53447792

Well, the first and the second last are really more tied to the capabilities of the Warcraft people. Perma-killing demons isn't really a rare thing for a lot of PCs and Warcraft seems pretty shit at curing any disease at all.
>>
>>53432426
>What would your character do, if he was put into the Stratholme situation?
>Lawful Evil Drow Rogue
Laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

>Lawful Good Dwarf Forge Cleric
Divide the populace into manageable cells, Purge infected cells. Pray for a miracle.
>>
>>53447792
god i hate jaina, shes such a god damn stupid cunt that has would betray her comrades at the drop of a hat for dumbass reasons.
i legit hope one day theres a raid where we can smite her ass in WoW,
>>
File: 1480587406299.gif (473KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480587406299.gif
473KB, 320x240px
>>53432426
He'd go along with the culling but he'd be as far back as possible, wearing full combat armor and strumming on his guitar, trying to hide his terror from the fact that zombies exist
>>
>>53448067
Her and Sylvanas are the two worst written characters in Warcraft Desu.
>>
File: 1489356196488.jpg (136KB, 1438x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489356196488.jpg
136KB, 1438x326px
>>53448225
Sylvanas was good up until just after Arthas died in Icecrown

She should have died after she jumped off the Citadel, because the only reason she was alive was because she wanted to kill Arthas

Anyways have a meme
>>
>>53448067

Wait, so it's a betrayal to go 'No, I won't kill civilians with you'? Arthas literally ordered her to leave and didn't really explain shit about the situation other than 'Look, they may seem fine but they'll soon be undead! Kill them all!'

That's the sort of order that soldiers are legally supposed to disobey in war. You can argue about if it was the right decision or not but 'right' and 'moral' are not always the same thing.
>>
>>53448345
I don't know why but the AFK at fountain thing made me laugh.
>>
>>53448370
More her actions in WoW (also depending on how you view them, her actions towards her father and Theramore).

She basically keeps avoiding and stalling the death of Arthas/Lich King as she wants some of that sweet cadaver dick.
>>
>>53448345
In all honesty I despise her due to her and the Forsaken's attitude towards Humans and other alliance races.

For fuck's sake, they were your friends and family in life.
>>
File: Jnxa5hB.png (861KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jnxa5hB.png
861KB, 960x1080px
>>53448370
>>
>>53448470

Oh yeah. WoW is shitty on that front.

I'd say her actions in Warcraft III are 100% justified though. I mean, among other things she's royalty of an entirely separate nation. Having her rampage through the streets murdering people because a prince who right now sounds out of his mind is convinced the living people are soon-to-be zombies would have been a terrible decision.

I'm also (Mostly) in agreement with her on her father. He turned up, stole her command and started attacking people who Jaina had just worked out an alliance with and had stood with them against a demonic invasion.
>>
>>53448562

Even with the benefit of hindsight Arthas is difficult to justify. Everything ended up worse than a single city of undead would have caused as a result of Arthas going out of his god damn mind there.
>>
>>53432426
The best part of this was watching it Jaina eat her own words slowly as she became aware to the truths of the world. She didn't wanna help Arthas do this but 30 years later she's advocating murder of the horde. I love watching people grow up.
>>
>>53448370
You know our contingency for the same thing is a bomb right?

>>53448590
If Stratholme went, it would have taken everything else with it.
>>
>>53448638

>If Stratholme went, it would have taken everything else with it.

You mean like how everything else went even with the purging? Arthas' actions resulted in a nation even worse prepared to fight the scourge as he decapitated the leadership in the process.
>>
My guy's a Skitarii who's used to fighting Nurgle because the GM plays every possible Nurgle variant. He's purging that shit ASAP while yelling to get the Genetors in here with reality cages. Rest of the party is probably trying to isolate the town, they really like surrounding people for some reason.
>>
>>53448638

>You know our contingency for the same thing is a bomb right?

To a general ranting and raving without providing any proof? Arthas provided zero proof to his allies and ordered them to leave when they questioned why he was giving the orders.
>>
>>53438915
It's cool for sure, but it's a story that simply can't have a happy ending. Once all other enemies are defeated and azeroth is saved, the living will turn on the forsaken. There's just no fuckng way anyone would let a civilisation of undead continue to exist. Blizzard released a pretty sad story about sylvanas and Nathanos recently. They just wanted to have half elf babies and live happily on a farm.
>>
>>53448345
If she hadn't gone full zombie Stalin, things would've been fine. There would be some potentially great storylines about a leader trying to find a new purpose for her people now that their vengeance is satisfied and their home still being more or less ash. Coming to terms with the past and building something new or whatever.

I dunno, there just had to be a different direction to take it than what they went with.

But hey, on the bright side, now there's an angry order of all Paladins right next door, so she probably can't get away with too much nowadays.
>>
>>53448470
>Jaina does literally anything
>"she's such a fucking slut for X dick"
>all because of that one binary joke in Gnomeregan
I mean, I'm not gonna say her writing hasn't been meh at best to awful at worst since ICC, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>53448517
The forsaken care nothing for anyone who isn't forsaken. Human suffering amuses them enough that they'd rather torture humans to death than speak with them.
>>
>>53448766
What joke...?

>I can't read binary
>>
>>53448825
>SUPER CRITICAL TRIPLE-ENCODED DATA CARD

>01010100 01101000 01110010 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01001010 01100001 01101001 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110011 01101001 01110100 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01001011 00101101 01001001 00101101 01010011 00101101 01010011 00101101 01001001 00101101 01001110 00101101 01000111

"Thrall and Jaina sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G"

>>53448742
>But hey, on the bright side, now there's an angry order of all Paladins right next door, so she probably can't get away with too much nowadays.
As if. Apparently once you become a neutral faction you remain a neutral faction forever, even if a zombie elf is spilling blight all over Lordaeron. Sylvanas caught more flak from Drek'thar than she did from the Argents.
>>
>>53432426
Well my last character was a Necromancer, and a Vampire. So he'd be the one CAUSING the Stratholme situation. Though less for "kill the world" and more for "weaken a political rival"
>>
>>53448631
It's not growing up, it's thirty years "Hey Jaina, you know that thing you've got going on? Yeah, I'm gonna fuck it up. Hard." Frankly at this point Jaina could murder the whole world and it'd only be slightly excessive.
>>
File: Jaina.png (633KB, 1339x1373px) Image search: [Google]
Jaina.png
633KB, 1339x1373px
>>53449225
>>
>>53449391
What is the third panel supposed to reference?
>>
>>53449428
Varian formally declaring war on the Horde and trying to attack Thrall in the Undercity, I'm guessing.
>>
>>53449391
Well when you put it like that...lol
>>
>>53442779
>ring the town bell
>implying everyone will respond
>implying everyone would be able to respond
>implying people who knew they were sick would turn themselves in rather than run for their lives and end up spreading the plague
>implying everyone will make it there
>wasting time rounding up civilians that you're probably going to have to kill anyway while there's a fucking demon with a horde of zombies rampaging around the town
>>
>>53449801

>implying people who knew they were sick would turn themselves in rather than run for their lives and end up spreading the plague

Doesn't that apply double if your plan is 'Kill the sick'?
>>
>>53448659
>Arthas' actions resulted in a nation even worse prepared to fight the scourge as he decapitated the leadership in the process.
Nobody but Arthas was taking actions to stop the scourge, even after Uther and Jaina left Stratholme knowing about it.
If Arthas had stayed in Lordaeron to fight the scourge instead of chasing Mal'Ganis to Northrend, Lordaeron probably would've survived with his defense.
>>
>>53449801
>there's a fucking demon with a horde of zombies rampaging around the town
This is literally the only factor that somewhat justifies Arthas' actions. Even then it's only in hindsight, because NO ONE, not even Arthas, knew about Mal'ganis when the choice was made.

If it wasn't for him, there would have been time for a more cautious approach. Zombies are piss weak in Warcraft, they need time to mutate into ghouls and support from other Scourge units to present a real threat.
>>
>All these people advocating concentrating people into close quarters during the zombie plague.

The primary means of transmission may have been the grain but that sounds like a horrible idea.
>>
>>53449996

>Nobody but Arthas was taking actions to stop the scourge, even after Uther and Jaina left Stratholme knowing about it.

Dalaran did pretty well, if very insularly. If diplomacy between Dalaran and Lordaeron hadn't been completely shot to bits by Arthas/Jaina falling out it might have ended up being extended beyond the city.
>>
File: 1471308842296.jpg (167KB, 905x882px) Image search: [Google]
1471308842296.jpg
167KB, 905x882px
>>53432426
>>
>>53449391
I have such mixed feelings about jaina x Thrall relationship
>>
>>53449225
Holy shit, is Jaina that old?
>>
>>53450372
She was around the same age as Arthas so probably early 20s. WoW starts 4 years later and I think around 10-15 in universe years have passed since then. So yeah Jaina's probably in her 30s by now.
>>
>>53450769
She was 23 at the start of WCIII. She's currently roughly 35 years old.
>>
File: 1493844434572.jpg (39KB, 624x387px) Image search: [Google]
1493844434572.jpg
39KB, 624x387px
>>53450341
it just seems weird but remember that medihv knocked up some orc chick and had garona, so in warcraft universe it would be possible for orcs and humans to reproduce

giggity
>>
>>53450154
as it was noted earlier in this thread multiple times, arthas did nothing wrong in stratholme. he fell from grace when he became obsessed with malganis and killed his own people.
>>
>>53450986
>arthas did nothing wrong in stratholme
well, not nothing wrong

he definitely bungled the explanation to uther
>>
>>53451038
Uther knew exactly what was going on, you could tell from the way he responded. But Uther still didnt agree that culling stratholme was the ONLY solution, the rest of the conversation was just a big dick competition.
>>
>>53451095

>Uther knew exactly what was going on, you could tell from the way he responded.

By saying 'What?' to Arthas' 'These living guys are going to be zombies soon, we need to kill them all'.

Arthas did a pretty terrible job of communication.
>>
>>53450986
I don't know. In hindsight his solution was probably no worse than any other option, but that's only because Mal'ganis showed up and started porting out zombies after Uther and Jaina left the scene.

Like, a school shooter whose victims turned out to be disguised aliens is still a school shooter, y'know?
>>
>>53442657
A S Y M P T O M A T I C
>>
>>53451246

It's one of those situations where we'd call bullshit on it for being set up to make the paladin fall.
>>
>>53442657
Even if you were able to tell if you had the plague or not. Guess what happens when the government or whatever authority tells the population
A: there are sick people and
B:all the sick people need to come get in this fucking warehouse.

times up, the answer is mass fucking panic and everyone trying to flee the city. Congrats, instead of sacrificing a city you have created the single worst scenario possible and probably doomed the country if not world depending on whether you can come up with a cure, which is more difficult now that you've fucked the infection vectors to high fucking heaven.

So no, your plan is literally the worst plan possible assuming that you're actually trying to save anyone at all and not in fact trying to speed along the spread of the plague.
>>
>>53446349
This.

If we really, REALLY want to solve the problem then we also have to have some shadow priests start diving into the ocean until one of them starts hearing voices and then lend them your resources.
>>
>>53442657
It's not autism, ano., the effect struck fast and (as everyone else told you) there was no way to tell if a person was infected. The infected grain that the peasants ate made them into a time bomb with a short fuse
>>
>>53451310

>times up, the answer is mass fucking panic and everyone trying to flee the city.

Didn't that already happen when the people supposed to defend them started going about massacring people?
>>
>>53451443
Didn't say what happened was the best way to do it, but rounding people up and saying "some people are sick and we need to kill them, so be honest, you have the sniffles lately?" is the absolute worst thing you could do.

Establishing quarantine is the most important thing, unless you're positive you can keep everyone in the city then you shouldn't even start on step two regardless of what that would be.
>>
>>53445760
The cracks started to appear when Jaina and Uther abandoned him over his decision, that allowed Varimathras to worm his way in and eventually lead to all the shit that caused him to fall.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.