[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to create a feeling of hopeless to my players?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: this-war-of-mine.jpg (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this-war-of-mine.jpg
725KB, 1920x1080px
What's a good way to create a feeling of hopeless to my players?
>>
>>53429307
Keep doing everything you've been doing thus far.
>>
>>53429307
Everything they have accomplished? Ruin it. Makes me feel hopeless and give up immediately.
>>
>>53429307
Just be a good dm, learn how to tell engaging stories. If your players are getting hyped about the sessions then you know you're doing a good job. Once you've mastered that you can get them to feel whatever you want
>>
>>53429307
Is despair fun?
>>
>>53429307
Lock them in your basement with no food or water for two days.
>>
>>53429307
Introduce them to GW.
>>
>>53432216
>just be a good GM

Top advice there champ.
>>
Craft a hard won victory that they deserve.
Snatch it from them in a manner that reveals they were the architects of not only their own, but their (depending on scale of game) town/city/country/continent/world/plane's damnation.

Have a powerful NPC they met along them way/McGuffin they possess hold promise for a solution.
Have it/the NPC destroyed unceremoniously by harbinger of end times.
Players escape. Have them live the end of days with no hope of a single person/object that they know of in place to save everything.
Confront them with others failing to struggle against the end, but ensure they survive-witnessing a cycle of naive hope and brutal reality.
>>
File: 1465073578466.png (153KB, 593x515px) Image search: [Google]
1465073578466.png
153KB, 593x515px
Make them always fail.
It's really easy for a GM to do this.
It's sad.
>>
>>53429307
Have friendly NPCs they've come to rely on die due to preventable circumstances.

Make everything they thought was bad turn out to be worse than they thought

Constantly present them with opportunities to have what they want at a cost thats just over what they're willing to pay for it.

All best laid plans must go to rot. When they're down, just keep hitting them.
>>
>>53434205
That'll just make them resent you. The illusion of success (even actually winning occasionally) needs to exist.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.