[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 402
Thread images: 41

File: 1490058000931.jpg (105KB, 611x879px) Image search: [Google]
1490058000931.jpg
105KB, 611x879px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
>>53421185
What does your character creation process look like?
What about NPC creation?
>>
File: Fighter_PHB5e.jpg (493KB, 1000x1511px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter_PHB5e.jpg
493KB, 1000x1511px
>>53428073
This OP picture isn't very diverse. I offer the following substitute.
>>
>>53428073
first i start with a dozen ideas, see what kind of campaign it is, see what everyone else is playing, choose class/race then away i go.
>>
What's the best Aspect of the Beast (6th level) to take for Totem Barbarian? They kind of all look like complete shit (especially vs Berserker)
>>
>>53428119
well...do you want to lift, see or track? They are ribbons so it really doesn't matter all that much.
>>
>>53428073
Depends on the campaign. I usually play as a dwarf though, and I always call him Urist.
Also, what kind of music does everyone play when they are adventuring, and what music do you play during encounters?
>>
>>53428108

Don't start this shit up again.
>>
>>53428119

bear stuff is good
>>
File: zombies ate my matron.png (736KB, 900x609px) Image search: [Google]
zombies ate my matron.png
736KB, 900x609px
>>53427973
>The enemy is coming RIGHT AT US
>>
>>53428119

>Pick eagle
>Remember that handaxes are strength
>remember sharpshooter works with handaxes
>Snipe with handaxes
>>
>>53428073
How do I appropriately nerf rapiers so my players choose to use any other kind of melee weapon?
>>
>>53428170
by not nerfing them at all, you retard.
>>
>>53428170
All 1d8 one-handed weapons are Finesse.
If they have Versatile, you can only use it or Finesse at one time, not both.
>>
>>53428170

>nerfing the only finesse weapon available to dex players above 1d6 damage

Run a better campaign
>>
>>53428170
You don't.
>>
>>53428185
I just think it would be more interesting if not every single character was dexterity based
>>
>>53428139
Don't respond to it and it wont
>>
>>53428194
Why don't you make Strength better
>>
>>53428194

Throw them a fight with 6 x Macho Man Randy Savage

They'll learn to pick a strength based character real quick
>>
>>53428203
Any ideas? I wasn't trolling, I'm genuinely trying to get my players to be more diverse with their character's abilities and such
>>
File: 1456958920439.jpg (115KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1456958920439.jpg
115KB, 413x395px
>>53428160
I laugh way too hard at this
>>
>>53428199
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>53428199
...So?
>>
>>53428170
it seems like you have a bunch of Dex focused players. In which case nerfing Rapiers only pisses them off and doesnt actually help accomplish much.

Maybe come up with new weapons in your setting that are Finesse and do 1d8 Slash/bludgeoning. That way your players will choose other weapons for diversity and to have a wider pool of damage types.
>>
>>53428213
add more str-based skill checks in your game. make athletics more important, require them to break down doors, move boulders blocking their path, climb, etc.
>>
>>53428199
No one cares.

Not even you.
>>
File: Berseker.jpg (135KB, 616x850px) Image search: [Google]
Berseker.jpg
135KB, 616x850px
Does anyone actually use war picks?
>>
>>53428199
Go back to your containment board. We play board games, not argue over stupid shit.
>>
File: 1280352809094.jpg (92KB, 528x984px) Image search: [Google]
1280352809094.jpg
92KB, 528x984px
>>53428213

i think finesse just shouldn't let you apply your dex to your damage. then the stat allocation there is more of an actual choice between damage and survivability.
>>
>>53428199
As a black guy it feels like everyone is constantly reading into this shit way more than me...
>>
>>53428160
>players arrive for the weekly D&D session
>pass out cheap 3D glasses you stole from the dollar theatre
>half an hour in, combat stars
>Please put on your 3D glasses.
>every time a creature shoots at you, the DM throws a crumpled paper ball at your face
>>
>>53428194
Why would that be more interesting?
>>
>>53428239
I thought about this, but I'm not sure if I have a problem with rapiers specifically or the fact that Dex is just flat-out better than Str for most characters. I mean, admit it. How many of these
>>53428179
>>53428183
>>53428185
>>53428191
Aren't playing dex characters?

>>53428243
This is a thought, but the problem I have is that players tend to have an assumption about how certain things are going to be when they get into games. The meta management gets in the way of actual roleplay, but nobody admits to it.
>>
>>53428271
The people upset about this live in villages so backwater and whitebread that they're more likely to see an actual fantasy Elf than a black man.

What we're witnessing is a tantrum akin to a caveman discovering television. The internet was never meant for these savages.
>>
>>53428286
Variation?
>>
>>53428233
So? So this game is for kids. Why do 12 year olds need to be exposed to mental illness (i.e. gender dysphoria) as if it's a normal thing? Oh not to mention fucking reincarnate has been changed so that it changes your gender. It didn't fucking do that in 3.5. I don't remember if reincarnate existed in 4th ed. The game is so full of this shit, it is sinister. It's a breeding ground for trannies, they want these kids questioning their gender identity through roleplaying games. And after a bit of experience with Adventurer's League, it's working. They are shoving politics into D&D where it doesn't belong so that they have a honeypot for those they disagree with, to flush them out and ban them from local FLGSs so as to make sure everyone has double-plus-good thinking about traps and fags. They also put a LOT more sexual references in D&D than there ever has been before. And now, if you don't want your kids exposed to these complex sexual issues at a young age, you're a fucking prude. Fuck Wizards of the Coast, I can't even give my 11 year old niece a D&D PHB for her birthday because her mother found out it has sexual shit in it. Why the HELL did this need to be added? Oh, and if you want to know why this is happening, just take a look at the D&D developer team and see how many of them are jewish. Hint: it's like over 50%. Also take a look at how many of those were hired by Wizards AFTER the hasbro takeover.
>>
>>53428291
i am >>53428179 (You) and I am playing a Str based forge cleric.

>This is a thought, but the problem I have is that players tend to have an assumption about how certain things are going to be when they get into games. The meta management gets in the way of actual roleplay, but nobody admits to it.
and you catering to that is what led you to where you are now. If you place more importance on str, the players will eventually realize that at least ONE of them should have a character with some brawn.
>>
>>53428291

>Plays sniper barbarian using handaxes
>Uses paladin fighter PAM GWM

Athletics is also great for getting around and climbing trees and walls as well as knock people prone. Ironically strength is the more utility stat while dex is the more damage stat in combat.
>>
File: thonkeykong.png (26KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
thonkeykong.png
26KB, 128x128px
>>53428320
Is this a copy pasta?
>>
>>53428320
I don't think 12 year old kids are going to pay as much attention to trannies as you do, pal.

It's funny, the more time you actually look into people who are really nervous about them gays, the more latent homosexual tension you can detect in them.
>>
>>53428194
>haven't had a single Dex character in either of my four parties that wasn't ranged or a Rogue
>even our Monk is Strength
have you considered getting better friends
adding piercing resistant monsters
making strength more valuable
>>
>>53428266
>i think finesse just shouldn't let you apply your dex to your damage.
I agree. I think it should be an option but it sure as fuck should NOT be the default. Kobolds that deal 1d4+2 damage even though they have a, what, 7 for Strength? Bullshit. Kobold attacks should be fucking pin pricks. It should require training to be able to strike at vital spots consistently, which is what Dex-to-damage represents.

>>53428271
>As a black guy
Why does this matter? No offense man but it doesn't matter that you're black. At all. It's no better than "computer science major here" or "grill here," no one cares, your ethos is meaningless.

>everyone is constantly reading into this shit way more than me...
Well, it is a bit pointless I suppose, but it's fun to point out the hypocrisy of these people, and their inconsistency in keeping with their own agenda.
>>
File: Sorcerer1.png (2MB, 1920x2468px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer1.png
2MB, 1920x2468px
How do we fix sorcerers? I already use the spell points variant and give them access to wizard spells, but what else could be done to balance them?
>>
>People actively responding to bait after it had died down for a thread

You guys are a bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>53428313

You live a very sheltered life, don't you?
>>
>>53428291
Strength is great for Paladins, Fighters, Barbarians and certain Cleric builds. Eventually you run and do 1d12 (Great Axe) or 2d6(Greatsword) plus your mod. That's first level spell slot damage for your basic attack.

Again, it seems like you players like being Dex characters. In which case, why stop them? Throw a bunch of strength checks at them that they have to overcome. They made the choice to be a primarily Dex based party, they should get the advantages and disadvantages of that.

Thats like saying if your party was all casters, you should find a way to nerf magic.
>>
>>53428170
Piercing resistance, not being able to damage walls and shit with it.

A warhammer you can hammer a damn wall with, but a rapier's much more likely to break.

The problem is that other 1d8 strength weapons suck unless you do shieldmaster.

Other than that, strength is for if you're a str barbarogue or if you have weapon feats.
>>
>>53428367
I was tinkering with an idea in my head that involved letting them have extra spell slots after each long rest.

Something along the lines of getting extra spell slots with combined level no greater than your proficiency bonus at the end of a long rest.

not sure if it'd be OP, though.
>>
>>53428367

The problem with sorcerers is that they don't have anything outside of being high spike blasters
>>
>>53428367
>Give them access to wizard spells
Next, make them run off of intellect, give them more spells known and let them take a wizard tradition instead of a sorcerer origin but also swap out metamagic for arcane recovery I guess for both balance and simplicity
>>
>>53428366
>Your Ethos is meaningless
My Ethos does not make my opinion inherently more valuable than yours, but it does mean that I authentically am walking into the discussion with certain biases. These biases may or may not be valuable, but they exists.

That's why the term Ethos EXISTS, because it is, in fact, relevant in a discussion. Its just not the most relevant thing.
>>
>>53428320
Preach it, brother. I can speak about the evils of D&D firsthand. My younger brother got hooked after seeing some voice actor celebrities of his play a few campaigns.

The deviancy in the game settings slowly crept into every facet of his life. He started speaking in Middle English and only wears rawhide leather clothing nowe. He stopped getting regular sleep and instead meditates for four hours a night. He won't respond to any name but Llewynnar, and I'm pretty sure he's been taking money out of everyone's wallets to pay for an ear-pointing surgery.

These sickos must be stopped.
>>
>>53428367
Personally I think it's metamagic that's most busted. Some of the picks are crazy strong and some are poorly situational, so it leads to either a cookie cutter quicken/twin/empower or a build that has a horribly narrow focus
>>
>>53428376
>Strength is great for Paladins, Fighters
Wrong. Dex is MUCH better for paladins and most fighters.

A rapier/shield paladin ends up with more AC, better saves, and more skill versatility.

Something comparable is true with fighters, who also get more out of being switch-hitters because ranged weapons ALSO deal dex to damage.

Clerics, same difference. Unless you have martial weapon proficiency, you're probably not going to be attacking anyways and thus want the dex for better AC. If you do have martial, it's the same song and dance.

Barbarians are the only class-wide exception that really comes to mind unless you give everyone polearm master.
>>
>>53428367
honestly i think one of the biggest fixes for them would for them to have exclusive spells. Sorcerers don't have a single spell to call their own.
>>
>>53428433
>Wrong. Dex is MUCH better for paladins and most fighters.
do you not play with feats?
>>
File: Self-Portrait.jpg (840KB, 1920x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Self-Portrait.jpg
840KB, 1920x2880px
>>53428415
Hence giving them the wizard spell list and spell points for versatility.

>>53428421

I feel like you're making fun of me
>>
>>53428434
What kind of spells would a sorcerer have, but no one else has?
>>
>>53428316
What makes variation inherently more interesting? Why does it matter that all the players want to play dex based characters? Why do you want your players to play characters that they don't want to play? If you want players to play a specific type of character why not find players who want to play the type of character you want them to play?
>>
>>53428433

And Strength PAM GWM Paladin Fighter smashes through like a truck.

Agree on the fighter base tho
>>
>>53428433
>Dex is much better for paladins

You're only right about dex being much better for fighters because CBE+SS is great with archery.

Rapier+shield isn't that good unless you play without feats. GWM+PAM are essential and require you to use strength or shillelagh.
>>
>>53428449

But the point of sorc is to play nobrain blasty mage
>>
>>53428199
>encouraging you to play a fag or tranny,
Fuck it I'll bite the bait for once. Where in the PHB does it give you incentive to do this? Are you confusing encouraging something with simply making the option known? It also encourages Wot4E monks by having them in at all by this logic, but most people won't choose to be one.
>>
File: dualhammerdwarf.jpg (60KB, 736x651px) Image search: [Google]
dualhammerdwarf.jpg
60KB, 736x651px
>>53428429
>tfw D&D made your imouto adopt a Scottish accent, dye her hair, and drink hard liquor at all times
>>
File: PHB page 121.png (200KB, 413x183px) Image search: [Google]
PHB page 121.png
200KB, 413x183px
>>53428484
>>
>>53428449
It's not bad balance-wise to make them more like wizards, but it's not good identity-wise to make something very similar to a wizard.

It's a good quick fix suggestion to give them wizard spells but not a good long term solution.

We need shit like sorcerers having much more flexible magic. Say, they learn a set line of spells (fire dragon sorcerer learns a free fire spell for all the levels, burning hands, fire ball, etc) and they can alter the spells as they need to (Smaller fireballs, larger fireballs, a fireball that slowly slides along the floor before detonating..'
They tried to give such options with metamagic, but it turned out to be just 'you can twin haste I guess'.
>>
>>53428504

Now that's a nice looking female dwarf. Thanks, saved.
>>
>>53428460

Maybe they should just have a bard-esque feature where they can learn spells from other spell lists and cast them with Charisma. Makes more sense for them than for bards really, sorcerers having an intuitive understanding of magic would presumably make them more able to step outside the traditional areas of magic.

And to make it better than bards, let them switch spells they learn this way on a long rest.
>>
>>53428507
Someone get this nigga a dictionary and show him the entry for "incentive"
>>
>>53428507
You didnt answer his question. Where does it say you get a +1 to AC for being a transvestite? Its just an option the PHB is stating that you can easily and completely ignore.

At this point you're just as bad, if not worse, than the whiny people that annoy you.
>>
>>53428460
i dunno man, i havent gotten that far, but when the wizard has all the same spells that you do (and being able to pick which one he wants every damn day), there is very little reason to not pick wizard.

Hell if they just made a couple spells that was sorc only and designed in a way to take advantage of meta magic, that would be great

for example a spell that dealt, say 5d12 damage, that way you could empower it and reroll all the damage dice if you had a shitty roll, or perhaps a spell that had a special rider if the target is forced to make the save with disadvantage, then tack on heightened spell to trigger it.
>>
>>53428507
Gosh. It's worse than I thought. Not that anon, but

>You can play a female character who presents herself as a man
While there's no reason they had to say this, it's fair enough. I wouldn't hate them for saying that.
>a man who feels trapped in a female body
Just sounds like it's going too far, though. It's just too specific and it triggers me, and I'm not 100% sure why.
>>
>>53428550
>and I'm not 100% sure why.
probably too relatable.
>>
>>53428507
>the PHB giving you obvious options is going to turn children gay
People have been playing trannies or against gender for decades, even without books telling them they could.

Do you have any angry rants about Mulan saved?
>oh my god they're trying to turn all the girls into men
>>
>>53428108
Honestly that fighter in your pic looks awesome to me. I especially like the curved daggers for some reason.

>>53428199
Your pic is a terribly bad example of SJW bullshit, since the "goddess" referred to is Lolth, who is about as opposite a good example of SJW as possible. She's got black skin because she's evil as part of the basic lore, for example. Frankly that aspect of drow history is one that I've always found uncomfortable and just ignored (i.e., they've always had black skin).
>>
>>53428550

Maybe it's because you belong in tumblr instead of 4chan.
>>
>>53428550
Have you considered not being such a bitch
>>
>>53428560

>Uncomfortable because a certain race has black skin

The fuck? That is racist as fuck.
>>
>She's got black skin because she's evil as part of the basic lore
>This is somehow the opposite of a SJW
>>
>>53428256
I'm playing a Duergar Paladin right now that uses a warpick and shield.

In another game, I have an NPC mine slave the party saved using a warpick, since he only knows how to swing pickaxes.
>>
>>53428539
BUT WHEN IT COMES TIME TO ROLL FOR SEDUCING THE BAR PATRONS, A TRANNY WOULD HAVE ADVANTAGE ON CHECKS AGAINST BOTH MALES AND FEMALES
IT'S OVERPOWERED
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY CAN FUCK TWICE AS MANY PEOPLE AND I'M STILL A VIRGIN
>>
>>53428463
You're really, really upset that I think a variance in character types is interesting, don't you? Why is it interesting? Aesthetic variation is pleasing. Watching the same character types interact makes them less suprising, with less room for growth. The players also have confessed that they want to see not everyone being so similar, and I don't blame people who want to play a roleplaying game wanting to be unique. It just so happens that most of them don't want to budge.
>>
>>53428545
Just give them spells they get at certain levels to add to their pool. Basically copy the way Divine Domain's work.

Ideally, give each different type of Dragon sorcerer different additional spells to work with, and maybe make Wild Magic roll for their additional spell. If you're playing Wold Magic, you probably like the random element anyway.

This way Sorcerers get more spells but ones they inherit naturally, which fits their theme. And they STILL lack the diversity of Wizard, which is pretty much the point of Wizard.
>>
>>53428588
Oh, wait, I thought it said 'she's got black skin AND is evil'

Carry on.

Though black skin seems to be more of a 'I'm underground' thing.
>>
>>53428385
>>53428398
Can you stop hitting Enter after every fucking sentence? Please? Rapiers being 1d8 finesse weapons IS broken but it's all they have for a niche for them because there is no 18-20 critical modifier in 5e, since that would be broken as all hell due to nat20 being an automatic crit, unlike in 3.5 where you had to roll to confirm which actually made sense because otherwise every automatic hit was also a critical hit. but that wasn't (((fun))) so they had to change it. Because when enough podcasts autistically screech in orgasmic joy upon rolling a natural 20, you have to make the rules facilitate that autism as much as possible. It's just good business.

>>53428313
I actually busted out laughing at this post. I can't tell if it's because it's funnily written, or because it's so hilariously wrong. Please keep it up with "all conservatives are inbred rednecks" meme, though, it just makes you look like a fucking retard. I live in a major city and 2 of my best friends are black so you can shut the fuck up.
>>
>>53428595
Should've sorted this out before the game started.
>>
>>53428429
Okay your post is pretty funny but seriously, what the hell is the point of putting gender identity bullshit into a game played by 12 year olds? What does it accomplish? It wasn't in previous editions, why does it need to be in there now?
>>
>>53428610
>Rapiers being 1d8 finesse weapons IS broken
lolwut
>>
File: pb170525.gif (121KB, 900x281px) Image search: [Google]
pb170525.gif
121KB, 900x281px
This thread right now.
>>
>>53428513
So maybe the splatbook they're announcing next month should have a bunch of sorcerer-specific spells. They've already shown with one of the more recent UAs that they're developing specific spells for the sorcerer, which is nice.

One of the things about giving sorcerers spell points that I really, really like is that my sorcerer player has built his character around casting first- and second-level spells. He still stays out of melee range, but archers aren't even an issue because he can basically cast Shield at will.
>>
>>53428600
No, it's definitely because they're evil. The curse of being shitheads made them black. It's just like that Mormon religious stuff; blacks are black because they were cursed by God.

Cave creatures would be pale. For a race to evolve in the caves with pitch-black skin is ridiculous; nothing can see in the darkness anyway, so what does it matter if you match the color of the shadows? You don't need dark skin pigments if there's no UV radiation, and there's never been any suggestion that the "magical radiation" in the Underdark (the faerzress) has any biological impact on humanoids. What's more, dark skin would be DISADVANTAGEOUS to your survival in the caves, because creatures that rely on thermal vision (which was more prevalent in past editions) would see you easier due to your dark surface absorbing and reradiating more heat.

Basically Drow don't make any sense but who needed biology and skin color to tell 'em that
>>
File: Thinking.jpg (6KB, 260x193px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.jpg
6KB, 260x193px
>>53428610

so much pent up rage
>>
>>53428585
No, that's not what makes me uncomfortable.

What makes me uncomfortable is that the brownish-tan-skinned dark elves (think the Atlanteans from Atlantis: the Lost Empire), on turning to Lolth worship, were cursed by Corellon to have black skin when they became drow. I.e., the implication being that the darker your race's skin, the eviler your race has a tendency to be.
>>
>>53428610
>i'm not racist, i have black friends
Could you possibly be more of a stereotype
>>
>>53428610

All the 1d8 weapons are sidegrades of each other unless you have dex, in which case you use the rapier which is just as effective as the others.
That's literally it.

And that's not overpowered because it's still a 1d8 weapon, and that does jack shit compared to using a hand crossbow with feats which has better range, extra attacks and way better damage at the expense of no reaction attacks and not having a shield.
>>
>>53428652
What about the mountain dwarfs though? If I remember right, mountain dwarfs in one of the settings (Forgotten realms?) were black.
And they're not evil.
>>
>>53428550
>Just sounds like it's going too far, though. It's just too specific and it triggers me
I dunno, in the context of the fantasy setting I think someone feeling like they are trapped in a foreign body sounds like a great background plothook to me.
There is, afterall, a pretty good chance they actually might be.
>>
>>53428526
>look at all these cool ideas for tranny characters, don't you want to play one?

Not every incentive has to be explicit, or mechanic, you fucking retard. The book is literally suggesting you think about your character's (((gender identity))), and the only reason that would even be in there, is if they wanted you to play a fucking trap.
>>
Speaking of GWM and SS bullshit, how do I maintain any kind of disadvantage on going ranged? You're already not in as much risk, since you're shooting from far away, you get to ignore cover and you're still dealing tons of reliable damage. Besides, you don't struggle against flying enemies.

I guess what I'm asking is how can I hold back a Sharpshooter, even if just in the slightest?
>>
>>53428663
This is also why Gold Dwarves are so swarthy.

Although I guess it makes sense that Drow were magically turned black, because what else color are you going to pick to brand them as fuckers forever? Green? Red? Purple? Those aren't normal person colors, and pale white was already taken by the Moon Elves.
Canonically, Corellon is probably responsible for racism.
>>
>>53428668
When did I say I wasn't racist? Your stupid fucking post implied I never see black people, I proved you wrong, stop moving the goal posts you retarded strawmanning lunatic.
>>
>>53428697
Remove the part that says they ignore cover.
Put enemies in cover.
>>
>>53428652
>For a race to evolve in the caves with pitch-black skin is ridiculous; nothing can see in the darkness anyway
Except for things with Darkvision, aka. 99% of everything living down there.

Really, they are dark skinned because Lolth found it funny for them to be.
>>
File: Necromancer.jpg (404KB, 1920x1617px) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.jpg
404KB, 1920x1617px
>>53428652
But anon, it's magical evolution. Wood elves sometimes have greenish skin, but are primarily brown. Is it because of an ancient curse? No, it's because elves are magical beings that evolve to blend into their environment, unless of course >>53428663 is correct, because I didn't read a lot of AD&D mythology and I've always thought drow were kind of boring anyway.
>>
>>53428697
tracking ammo, cover, and there are anti-range spells.
>>
>>53428697

Use a big mobile target that constantly deploys the smackdown.

Or a spellcaster that goes invisible/blinks and targets them first.

For everything else, dragon.
>>
>>53428697
Have a creature with a lot of HP and mobility get in that character's face.

They'll be real upset they aren't melee.
>>
>>53428670
>and that does jack shit compared to using a hand crossbow with feats
Can you explain the hand crossbow meme to me? I have heard of it before but I really do not understand it.
>>
>>53428622
>implying only 12 year olds play D&D
>implying social culture hasn't changed at all in the past decades
Get on with the times, grandpa.
>>
>>53428682
The darkest Dwarves are Jungle Dwarves, and they're just darkly tan. Gold Dwarves are also pretty tan. Mountain (Shield) Dwarves have normal pigment ranges.

But it doesn't matter because none of them are cursed by god and they're actually from another planet.

What you're actually thinking about are Duergar, who are the Underdark Dwarves and are black. But those guys have psionic powers and beards that work like venomous porcupine quills because they were enslaved by illithids for centuries and made breeding pacts with demons to gain the power to overthrow their slavemasters. So Duergar are black because they've been fucking demons and devils.
>>
>>53428652
>For a race to evolve in the caves with pitch-black skin is ridiculous

But they didn't. They developed on the surface world, in southern parts of Faerûn, around where Tethyr, Amn, and Calimshan are today, back when those parts of the world were covered by thick deciduous forests and maybe a sprinkling of jungle. They were brown-skinned.

By the time they went underground, they'd had a thriving civilization for millennia, utilizing metal weapons, armor, and tools. Going underground wouldn't significantly affect their skin tone, then, as there's no reason for them to adapt to underground conditions; they had reached a point in technological development where instead they can adapt the underground to them.

It's also seriously only been like 10,000 years.
>>
>>53428718
>Wood elves sometimes have greenish skin, but are primarily brown
Elves are all fucking descended from Fae so we don't exactly consider them "normal people" since Fae are abominations deserving of extinction.
>>
>>53428751
>It's also seriously only been like 10,000 years.
plus, you know, the whole cursed by a god thing.
>>
>>53428663

Maybe you should brush up on your history a bit. The color black has been associated with bad things and evil for a long time. Maybe if some super virus comes out that causes people to grow giant pink pustules, we can start talking about the bubonic pink plague, but that just simply didn't happen. Until then, you're just gonna have to accept that some people have skin that's different from yours.
>>
>>53428751
I wasn't suggesting that they did. The post opens with "they're black because of a godly curse".
>>
>>53428694
>is if they wanted to make it explicit that it's okay if you want to play a trap.

Fixed it for you, famalam.
>>
>>53428751
>Going underground wouldn't significantly affect their skin tone

1. Correllon Cursed them

2. The Underdark is full of magic not!Radiation called Faezress. Yes I am serious.
>>
>>53428716
The black skin is because of a curse from Corellon Larethian, not Lolth.
>>
>>53428771
Let's be real. Most "black" people that we see are actually brown. The only thing the color brown makes most people think of is their stomach.

AND THAT'S WHY AMERICA IS SO OVERWEIGHT
IT'S ALL THESE FUCKING NEGROES WAVING THEIR DARK SKIN AROUND, MAKING US WANT TO EAT MORE
>>
>>53428715
I'd feel petty changing the feat like that.
>>53428721
SS ignores cover, and even if my player keeps track of ammo, battles never go on for enough rounds to have to replenish your quiver.
>Anti-range spells
Now that's something I should look into. I barely ever use spellcasting enemies. Which spells do you recommend?
>>
>>53428788
Do you realise how many different versions of the drow backstory had been written blaming different causes for their black skin over the decades?

Don't make yourself ridiculous trying to pretend there is one right cause for it.
>>
>>53428758
>we don't exactly consider them "normal people" since Fae are abominations deserving of extinction.
Finally I found a likeminded soul.
>>
>>53428777
Yeah, but the faerzress doesn't do shit to creatures, it just blocks teleportation / divination magic and feeds plants somehow. Everything black or gray in the Underdark got that way from other means. Drow were already black before they decided to settle in faerzress-heavy areas to stop people from teleporting in and shanking their assholes open or spying on their orgies.
>>
>>53428795
>The only thing the color brown makes most people think of is their stomach.

That seems like a really strange association. I think of trees and dirt when I think brown.
>>
>>53428652
After having a random mutation to evolve dark skin you would be HARDER to detect in darkness. Only creatures with thermal based vision would have an easy time seeing you, otherwise you are naturally harder to detect than any other skin color. Drow usually don't have brown skin like Black people, they have ebony skin, like some sort of fictional fantasy race.
>>
>>53428799

Anti-life shield
>>
>>53428616
Whoops, guess we're not perfect omniscient people like you
>>
>>53428795

What? Why are you bringing up real life black people? I was talking about drow. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>53428795
>Most "black" people that we see are actually brown.
No, ALL "black people" we see are acctually brown.
Drow aren't black in the sense that IRL black humans are.
They range from grey to obsidian, not from brownish to very dark brown.
>>
>>53428799
>SS ignores cover, and even if my player keeps track of ammo, battles never go on for enough rounds to have to replenish your quiver.
not full cover, a wall can stop them

>Now that's something I should look into. I barely ever use spellcasting enemies. Which spells do you recommend? look up warding wind and other similar spells
>>
>>53428744
I never said nor implied that *only* 12 year olds play D&D, stop being retarded. Also I am far from "grandpa" but there are still loads of young kids and impressionable teens who play D&D and putting trap shit in is just sinister subliminal messaging shit. It's just as bad as making an RPG marketed toward teenagers then putting loads of suicide-related content in it, then claiming anyone who complains is just a prude and a bigot.
>>
>>53428824
>>Now that's something I should look into. I barely ever use spellcasting enemies. Which spells do you recommend?
look up warding wind and other similar spells

*fixed
>>
>>53428827
>one off-hand paragraph
>loads of content
>>
File: wesley snipes.jpg (23KB, 305x406px) Image search: [Google]
wesley snipes.jpg
23KB, 305x406px
>>53428823
Are you suggesting that color is on a spectrum? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53428737
CBE removes the disadvantage of using ranged (no 5ft enemy penalties) and gives you a bonus action attack
then sharpshooter removes the disadvantage of attacking at range (cover being used, though I guess enemies can still be prone)
then you can also add +10 damage to your 1d6+DEX attacks

So at level 5 a fighter can do 1d6+13 + 1d6+13 + 1d6+13 damage at a range of 120ft or range of 5ft. Archery gives +2 to hit, sharpshooter -5 to hit. +2 to hit is great from a fighting style.
>>
>>53428827
I agree with you. Back when I was a kid people at least had the decency to be ashamed of their mental illnesses.
>>
>>53428823

There's some people of African descent with fairly ebony skin. It's not the most common hue, but there are people that dark out there.

>>53428845

Like this guy, no one is seriously going to suggest this guy is brown.
>>
What would a Kuo-toa speaking common sound like?
>>
File: zEk4TA.gif (951KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
zEk4TA.gif
951KB, 320x180px
>It's another /pol/ on /tg/ thread because neither side can ignore bait
>>
File: 1490933681675.png (156KB, 342x276px) Image search: [Google]
1490933681675.png
156KB, 342x276px
>>53428748
I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Why're there always aliens
>>
>>53428866
fishy
>>
>>53428866

I wanna say they'd sound like Dehaka from Starcraft 2.
>>
>>53428771
>The color black has been associated with bad things and evil for a long time.

And maybe you should brush up on your social skills a bit if you seriously can't think of why suggesting that black skin = evil (it's, again, not just that they are black-skinned AND evil, they're black-skinned BECAUSE they're evil) isn't going to cause ANY rational person to be uncomfortable, without that person needing to be some kind of ultra-left social justice warrior retard.

And again, the dark elves (brown-skinned) were already turning to Lolth-worship, as a race, before Corellon cursed them, contrasting to the paler-skinned sun and moon elves, who remained loyal to Corellon, Sehanine Moonbow, and the rest of the Seldarine. It created a pretty clearly implied tier system that relates the paleness of skin tone to where you fall on the alignment spectrum, at least on a racial level.

And that's what makes me uncomfortable about drow, and why I have them as just having always had black skin and red eyes and white hair.
>>
>>53428866
Huh I'd imagine it like those fish people from swtor
>>
>>53428869
It never fails.
>>
>>53428859
>There's some people of African descent with fairly ebony skin
Which is still just a very dark shade of brown, not black in the same way drow are.
>>
File: back with you.png (351KB, 512x394px) Image search: [Google]
back with you.png
351KB, 512x394px
>All these /pol/faggots on /tg/
>>
>>53428813
Anon, it's a fucking cave. There's no light for people to see in to begin with. Who cares what color your skin is when no one is relying on visible light to see to begin with?

Also, let's disabuse everyone of this idea that "black is the color of night and it's what all the ninjas and sneaky people wear". You know what color you want to be if you're sneaking around in the darkness? The color of your environment.
Wearing all black in a dark field of grass? Obvious.
Wearing all black against a shadowed red brick wall? Obvious.
Wearing all black in the fucking woods at night, among the green and brown trees? Obvious.

There's nothing in the Underdark that is pitch fucking black except the darkness, and that goes away the moment there's actually light. So if you were to evolve any skin tone to blend into the UD, it would be the most common color of objects there: the fucking rocks, which is what Svirfneblin did. They're grey, not black, because all the fucking rocks down there are grey.
If we stuck a naked Drow and a naked Svirf up against a cave wall and raised the light level to the bare minimum of being able to see them visibly, whether it be by orange torch, green bioluminescent fungus, or the blue glow of my magical sword, the Drow is going to stick our way more than the Svirf.

Drow blackness is all Corellon's doing.
>>
Did you fucking idiots fall for the niggerposting again? Seriously?
>>
>>53428734
Those are good. However it's sometimes hard to justify prioritizing one PC over the other. I.e. say they're fighting a dragon. Even though SS is a big threat, the flying GWM is an even worse one, so the dragon has to prioritize the caster to break their concentration. All the while the ranged dude can fire at will.

Either way I think I really should just use more spellcasters. I'm just usually too lazy to build caster NPCs.

>>53428735
Then they'll disengage and the melee guys will step in. And the same goes for this, why would you attack the dude that's dealing 30 damage per round and is far instead of the one dealing 50 who is on your face? Yeah sure it's easier to kill the ranged dude but generally creatures don't have the meta-knowledge that the DM has.
>>
>>53428807
>Do you realise how many different versions of the drow backstory had been written blaming different causes for their black skin over the decades?

For Greyhawk and the Forgotten Realms? One. That the drow were once paler but were cursed to be black-skinned by Corellon Larethian has been consistent since the inception of black-skinned dark elves. Certainly it hasn't changed at all since early-mid 2nd Edition, say around 1995, which would in fact be more than half of D&D's total lifespan.
>>
>>53428256
Yeah but mostly because I'm a hipster and like under-appreciated weapons. I also play an archfey warlock in one of my games.
>>
>>53428871
Aliens in Forgotten Realms:
>Dwarves
>Orcs
>Mulhorandi Humans
>Illithids

And there's always aliens because we came up with D&D and related settings in the 60s-90s when all fantasy involved sci-fi. Honestly, if your fantasy shit doesn't have an ancient spaceship somewhere or a laser gun or death robot buried underground it's a sure sign that it's some new shit.
>>
>>53428320
While you are right, I want to point out that role-playing games are preaching leftist and feminist agenda from the beginning. Just look how many female warriors are there, as if it was standard in pre-industrial societies.

Is post modern gender bullshit worse than second wave feminism? It's all revolutionary cancer, but we have to take it easy if we want to play any game.
>>
>>53428878

> if you seriously can't think of why suggesting that black skin = evil (it's, again, not just that they are black-skinned AND evil, they're black-skinned BECAUSE they're evil) isn't going to cause ANY rational person to be uncomfortable,

No well adjusted person would be bothered by this. It's like suggested that white people, since the color white has been associated with goodness and other such nonsense, should always be good. It's complete malarkey. So what if black things are associated with badness, why should that have any bearing on anyone, unless you're suggesting that black people are inherently bad. Yeah, you're just a racist fuck.
>>
>>53428866
Pinch your nose and talk.
Gargle at the table.
>>
>>53428921
>but generally creatures don't have the meta-knowledge that the DM has.

Maybe feral ones, but a soldier? Guard? Intelligent creature? They'd focus that shit

throw ranged enemies at your players as well as melee
>>
>>53428966
>since the color white has been associated with goodness and other such nonsense
Well, and you know, death.
>>
>>53428869
Anon, /pol/ faggots can't bait. They're legitimately upset by this stuff. They're not trying to draw people into an argument, they're just screeching and flinging their shit because they can't help themselves. We respond to them because WE are the ones baiting, and it's fun to get their blood pressure up and shorten their lifespan.
also jontron might not be the best reaction image for that sentiment considering his views
>>
>>53428921

Give your enemies some power as well. Maybe the melee guy can use protection, ranged enemies go prone after attacking from far away, etc.

If you constantly find yourself in not a good position it doesn't hurt to take some advantage away from the PCs.
>>
>>53429008
>skeletons are white
>Neverwinterians are white
JUST SAYIN'
>>
>>53429037
>the Warlock in our SKT game cast Wish and wished for all the giants ravaging the Sword Coast to focus exclusively on Neverwinter
>because his family's there
dude has issues
>>
>>53429019
>He hasn't seen John explain he's shit at political stuff
>Especially given the fact he is the son of immigrants

Also you're just as fucking bad for encouraging it and derailing the thread. Don't attempt to push blame on the other party when you are participating.
>>
>>53429065
Just talking about Drow and making fun of the guy who's angrily questioning his sexuality because the book says he can play a trap. Still on topic.
>>
>Want to play a cute little trap slut
>Can't because it'd be too awkward

Such is life.
>>
>>53429093
Your problem is with the "little" part.
You have to play a 20yo trap.
>>
>>53428976
>>53429032
Fair enough. Thanks for your suggestions!

On a related question, can you think of any hard-hitting ranged monsters? Because generally whenever I use ranged stuff from the Monster Manual they're at most doing 1d8+3 once or twice per round, and are so squishy that a single SS arrow or fireball can drop them. Off the top of my head I can think only of manticores.
>>
>>53429076
>On topic is having the same shit show arguing about politics on /tg/ that's happened for the past couple days
>No it's totally ok because there are drow involved and something in the PHB

So just gonna pretend there wasn't someone who admitted to baiting? Both sides need to take this shit elsewhere because when you're not here the thread is decent and people can actually ask questions or discuss ideas that actually have an impact on the game.
>>
>>53429109
Spellcasters
>>
>>53429093
The book says you can, so you can.
>>
>>53429109
>On a related question, can you think of any hard-hitting ranged monsters?
Giants using ballistas as crossbows.
Make them enchanted bolts if you need to tweak up the damage, fire giants would be especially good.
>>
>>53429109
Spellcasters
>>
>>53429117
Once we give /pol/ a heart attack we can post all the OP images we want that may or may not have a character more tanned than a baguette and no one will mention it.
>>
>>53428595
My issue is that a lot of GMs seem to have this idea that the players should conform to the perfect vision of how they want their game to be rather than running a game for the players they have. Different people have different preferences and engage with the game in different ways, forcing people to play the game the way YOU want them to doesn't work. As the GM it's your job to run a game that both you AND your players want to play. I'm not saying that you shouldn't limit character options or shouldn't have guidelines for character creation (in fact I feel like too many GMs let too much bullshit into their games and should impose more limitations) but those sort of things should be discussed with the players before character creation and both the players and the GM have to be okay with them. If all parties involved in the game aren't happy with the type of game being run then either the type of game being run needs to change or the players do, otherwise it's going to cause conflicts.
>>
>>53429142
>Once we keep shitting up the threads because it's funny we can......

Good to know you're here to actually discuss 5e and not be a nuisance that is part of the problem. That was sarcasm neck yourself and keep that shit in /pol/.
>>
>>53429168
But Anon, the /pol/ guy is gone now and it's just you keeping this off-topic screed up.
>>
>>53429059
...Storm King's Thunder is supposed to cap at around level 12. How is your warlock casting Wish?
>>
>>53429193
>Missing the point this hard

Smh senpai
>>
>>53429127
>>53429141
Should've seen that coming.
>>53429140
Good idea. Reminds me of when I was running HotDQ and on one of the final confrontations there were a group of ogres firing ballistas from afar. Even with disadvantage from long range, they were still enough to make my PCs rush for cover.
>>
>>53429212
An item from his patron, which is a Far Realm entity that has also entered into a pact with Imlyerithhfkhfjkhfkth to break the Ordning by erasing all knowledge of King Hekaton's son, the true heir, who was also polymorphed into a human and was unknowingly our party's Ranger for the first two sessions before we kicked him out for being a total shithead and had him imprisoned in Neverwinter.
>>
>>53428622
Most players of D&D have been from older teens to middle age from the get go you fucking moron.

Also kids already know about trannies at 12.
>>
>>53428854
Yet here you are, proudly autisming all over the place.
>>
>>53428950
I thought it was implied that no one was native to the forgotten realms
>>
>>53429324
I didn't learn about trannies until I was 15 and saw Beauty and the Beast.
That candle was totally lying to himself.
>>
>>53429350
no, anon, we was just french
>>
What are the best rare and uncommon magic items for one handed weapons? My DM is letting us get one of each and my ranger dual wields
>>
What's a good hex blade build?

Versatile or 2h weapon?
>>
>>53429340
Humans have been around on the Forgotten Realms since pretty much forever. They are one of the first races to arise there, but they were shit for pretty much all of history up until right now. They never did anything with themselves and all the other "Creator Races" which engineered or produced most of the other races had their turns at ruling the planet before they blew themselves up one way or another.

The biggest impact humans have had on the racial makeup of Faerun was bringing Orcs and Mulhorandi there, but the latter are also just fucking humans anyway so who cares.

So Orcs are aliens, Dwarves are aliens, and you might be able to swing Elves being aliens too since they're technically less-magic Fae; that really depends on how "alien" you want to say the Feywild is (since it's just an extradimensional reflection of the planet), though, or whether the millennia of evolution that have seen them lose their powers counts them as true natives now (and not just in a Native / Outsider sense).
>>
How do I stat a barbarian that's wise but also good at fighting without rolling my ASses
>>
>>53429436
Dump Charisma, obviously.
>>
>>53429436
What >>53429487 said, it's how I built the one I'm playing.
>>
I'm worried about a character in my group. They're incredibly edgy, but I've played with the player before and they're decent enough. They've even recognized themself that the character is a total edgelord, so they're at the very least self-aware, but I'm still concerned it'll be shit.

I'm just worried I'm wasting a decent character concept in a campaign that'll be ruined by Edgy McEdgelord.
>>
Guys, what a good 2-3 multiclasses for a 17th or 18th level wizard? Sorcerer 3 is one idea, though what else would be a nice idea?
>>
>>53429603
fighter for action surge
>>
>>53429600
If it gets to be too much the group can ask him to leave. A campaign doesn't end because a character leaves or dies.
>>
>>53429436
(14+2) str, 14 dex, (12+2) con, 10 int, 14 wis, 8 cha. If you use mountain dwarf.

Of course, DMs should give you higher point buys than 27 because fuck that. 30-32 is better. Maybe 30.
>>
>>53429684
I just got rid of racial score increases and gave everyone like 36 point buy.
>>
>>53429603
>17
Another level of wizard
>18
One level of cleric.

Though seriously fuck wizards who take a single level cleric dip.
>>
>>53429684
Why should DMs give a higher point buy than 27? I had actually considered it before but couldn't come up with decent reasons.
>>
>>53428073
>What does your character creation process look like?
Pick a basic concept, pick most fitting race and background, generate stats, pick most fitting class based on all of the above, fill out details, level up as needed.
>>
>>53429603
Mystic because you don't have the Str or Wis to MC into something more useful
>>
>>53429730
Higher starting power level would be my only guess.

It's like the difference between starting Street Level or Premier in Shadowrun.
>>
>Pretty much everything has darkvision
Why?
>>
>>53429730
Autists that can't handle their level 1 characters actually being level 1.
On second thought, they probably don't start at level 1 either, they're that bad.
>>
>>53429730
Monks are seriously pigeonholed in that case to go 8/15/15/8/15/8

Even other characters are likely to go for about 15/15/14/10/8/8

At the very least you expect somebody to have (14+2) + (13+1) + 14 for their three main stats and that then gives them, at best, 12/10/10 for their last three stats. They made that sacrifice and ended up with, what, no negative stat and a +1 elsewhere?

Having a higher pointbuy allows the people who really push their three stats to the maximum to be good at at least one other stat and allows the people who have a more reasonable value for their first three stats to actually be good at something else as well.
>>
>>53429785
The world is a dark place.
>>
>>53429795
>>53429730
Oh, and, it means you'll typically only see one 8/9 stat rather than 2 of them on every character, which is honestly a bit overdoing it.

It's less about power level and more about letting characters be less forced to dump their dump stats so heavily.
>>
>>53429795
>I'm so autistic I max out constitution
Do you plan on facetanking everything?
>>
>>53429833
At least he didn't put Int and Wis at 1.
>>
>>53429833
>Punish the player who decided to take a flavourful higher int with sucking at concentration, going down faster and sucking at all the many con saves that exist

Not to mention on monk in particular they're pretty squishy despite needing to be in melee to hurt shit.
>>
File: 1491948863688.png (1MB, 1280x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1491948863688.png
1MB, 1280x1680px
>>53428073

Decide what kind of mechanical role I want to play in the party based on composition thus far (most other people say "I want to play X" and then play it so this is pretty easy to account for) and then I try to marry my mechanical choices to some semi-pleasing RP personality.
>>
>>53429765
>>53429789
>>53429795
>>53429832
Alright, so I've also toyed around with the idea of making every race have a +2 and +1 floating so you can put it where you want. My reasoning is this way people are more likely to play a race they want instead of what's optimized.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>53429854
>concentration
>monk
u wot mate
>>
>>53429864
No that's retarded.
>>
>>53429864
The only floating stat I'd give is the subracial one; elves getting +1 to a mental stat of their choice and stuff like that.

Floating everything is imo not a good idea.
>>
What's a decent character archetype for oath of conquest? Don't really want to be evil evil
>>
>>53429870
>he doesn't know about autohypnosis
>>
>>53429864
Makes races that have bad stats better (i.e. tiefling) than they are currently since you can go +2 cha +1dex/wis/con/str instead.
But that might be okay.

Races are supposed to have certain classes and playstyles they fit into, otherwise you get meme shit like gnome barbarians.

>>53429870
The first example wasn't only about monk, and even then shadow and WOT4E monks both have concentration spells.

If you're talking about monk and you don't want to have good con, then all the more power to you as your face hits the floor unless you took mobile and hide behind a tree every single turn.
Monk has 3 true complete dump stats and is encouraged to the fullest to dump all of them hard.
>>
>>53429895
>i want to play the evil archetype that exists to let me play evil but tell people i'm totally not evil even though i'm evil
>but i don't want to be evil
??????????
>>
File: 1470950205250.png (628KB, 760x715px) Image search: [Google]
1470950205250.png
628KB, 760x715px
>>53429093
Wait for a one shot. Say it was just for laughs, then give everyone bro jobs under the table.
>>
File: delete this one.png (179KB, 720x437px) Image search: [Google]
delete this one.png
179KB, 720x437px
>>53429911
>implying Nepgear is pure evil
>>
>>53428073
I usually start with picking a thing that I like.

That "thing" can be a race, a class, a race and class combo, a backstory idea, it doesn't really matter. It's just something in particular that I latch onto and build the rest of my character around. I'll usually have a bunch of things floating around that I'm interested in playing, so I can fill in the gaps in the party like that.

The thing I latched onto for my last character was a backstory idea of "cute witch pretending to be much more powerful witch"

Another idea I used as a core for my character was a thief that couldn't speak.
>>
What kind of creatures can I include in the landscape that can help me convey this feeling from my players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg
I know Pathfinder had some behemoths or something, but I would rather use D&D material, even if it is from previous edition.
>>
File: 1444135718592.jpg (288KB, 981x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1444135718592.jpg
288KB, 981x1146px
My current campaign has four players, with a new one joining later today. Two are the Artificer UA class, and the Alchemist has displayed interest in getting as may boys and friendly NPCs into their Adventuring Team as possible. They have two Bags of Tricks, the Ranger has displayed minor interest in befriending and taming a Blink Dog they keep running into, at Level 6 the Artificers get their Mechanical Servants, and I worked out some guidelines on raising and taming friendly (or not so friendly) beasts, which would be a large investment and effort spanning several months in-game.

How fucked am I when they get a million critters and Beasts to follow them around? At least their having fun.
>>
>>53428320
Is this copypasta? If not go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>53430022
Herbarrasques.
>>
>>53428170
Is everyone going dex based?

What are your issues with it? IMHO they are pretty balanced.
>>
>>53430053
Lots of companions just means bigger fights.
As long as you're keeping pace on the action economy, it should be fine.

Alternatively, if it gets to a really ridiculous point, you can section battles off, so X companions are fighting Y monsters while the PCs fight a different group of mobs. Otherwise, battles might start to get a little bit lengthy and grindy.
>>
Making a fighter. Thinking battle master but I'm not too familiar with them, what are some good maneuvers?
>>
>>53430141
Yeah, my biggest fear is devolving into encounters with like 7 decently powered enemies against 5 players and a fuckload of companions and having it take too long, but as long as things keep moving it shouldn't get too bad.
>>
I know someone has already made a chart of dark age armor and weapons to use if you're going for a primitive Anglo Saxon vibe, but I'd like to know if someone has homebrewed a historically realistic set of high middle ages equipment. Would save me a lot of time.
>>
>>53429895
Oath of conquest is inherently evil, but you don't necessarily have to be a dick about it. Think Alexander the Great.
>>
>>53430188
Trip, if your party is heavy on melee.
Parry, if you're the only thing approaching a tank.
Disarm, if you think you'll be fighting plenty of humanoids.
Riposte, if you're the big damage dealer.
Lunging, if you're Bugbearmont.
Pushing, if your DM will facilitate your environmental shenanigans.
Precision, if you want to spam GWM / Sharpshooter.
Menacing, A L W A Y S .
Commander's, if you have a Rogue.
>>
>>53429895
Super-lawful sort of guy, hates the idea of thieves and shit running rampant and wants conquest for the sake of peace, to unite and stand against foes rather than have infighting within nations and thievery and such.

So very much a 'we must stand together' leader sort with little tolerance for chaotics.
>>
File: speedking.png (171KB, 577x553px) Image search: [Google]
speedking.png
171KB, 577x553px
Has anybody here ever run a fancy noble ball or masquerade party (whether a commemoration of a new leader or just as a part)?

What sort of stuff have you done with this?

My players have entered a town which has had a military coup, overthrowing the Duke and his court. The son of the former Duke, and heir to the throne, approached the players, came out of hiding and asked for their help to get him back to his rightful throne.

He managed to gain them access to a noble ball celebrating the new Duke. Im not sure what the players plan on doing here, but that is half the fun. The other half is stuff to put in this ball.
>>
>>53430241
>i'll end war by causing a worldwide war
bro i've only seen this done in about 50 different animes and jrpgs and it's always terrible
>>
>>53430255
The old "the world can be a better place, I just have to rule it."
>>
>>53430246
Would also like suggestions, a faction in my campaign is known as The Masquerade and it almost feels like a requirement I set up a social ball event for the players to crash.

Off the top of my head, lots of powerful nobles and political intrigue is a safe bet. Elderly nobles known for their benevolence or ruthlessness in business, strong local military leaders, a King or Queen and their ensemble if there's a monarchy, and probably an assassination attempt and poisoning to spice it up midway through. But other than that I got nothing.
>>
>>53428460
At least flavor-wise it would be something very instinctual that can't really be replicated. You can either do it, or you can't, like being double jointed. Mechanically I can't think of anything but rolling in the wild magic table X times and choosing Y results, or just a big blast of force damage to target that let's you apply X meta magics to it for free.
>>
>>53428866
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53430255
Doesn't mean you can't play such a character anyway, even if you expect their goals to fail.

And even then, do you think the USA would be more peaceful if it didn't conquer the natives and left them there and gave them weapons until it became its own force to be reckoned with and instead of a big USA you have a divided states of America?

You don't have to conquer the whole fucking world. Just unite a few nations and kick out the orcs.
>>
Anyone wishing to see a monster that hasn't been released/converted in a 5e supplement to date?

Personally I'd like to see the return of the ethergaunts, the least of which were more intelligent than the most ancient of dragons, pit fiends, balors and solars.
They hid lashing tentacles and mind rending madness behind inscrutable, bisecting masks.
>>
>>53430255
>Dr. Doom is terrible
Gaylord.
>>
File: Kuvira.png (762KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kuvira.png
762KB, 1280x720px
>>53430241
*blocks your path*
>>
>>53430431
But doctor Doom is fucking terrible. The only thing worse are the writers who won't stop wanking to him, and his fans.
>>
I've never played a Warlock. Is it possible to make a fun one that isn't edgy as fuck and held up with Eldritch Blast?
>>
>>53430422
I just want more monsters, especially ones to help support higher levels of play, because while not everyone does some campaigns do reach there.
>>
>>53430457
t. gaylord
>>
>>53430434
Fighting a paladin army would be hell.
They all run up to you, smite the fuck out of everything then retreat. Then they sleep if you give them the chance. If you don't give them a chance, they're still only barely below fighters in terms of power, can heal each other and they'll probably outnumber you now that they've smited half your army.
>>
>>53428504
I'm not seeing the downside, but then again I don't have to deal with suddenly having funny feelings for my imouto. I have to deal with them for my onee-chan instead.
>>
>>53428367
Extra spells learned and actuall features beyond metamagic.

Make all metamagic availible at lvl 2 and grant different features at levels where you'd gain metamagic.

Divide metamagic into lesser and higher metamagic.
Lesser metamagic like range extension or component omission should cost no sorcerry points.
>>
>>53430501
Anon, there aren't even armies of fighters in this game. NPCs don't have PC classes.
>>
>>53428663
>>53428652
The progenitors of the drow were always black, you goddamn blithering autist. But black elves mean black "caucasians", you fucking retard.
>>
>>53428748
The duergar are not black, you dithering pathetic excuse of a thing.
>>
I guess /pol/'s nap time is over and he's all out of milk and graham crackers.
>>
>>53428652
They have giant spider people and shit, and you're drawing the line at them being black?
>>
>starting level 2 or 3 in new campaign
>group is mainly filled with people first time playing tabletop
>never played 5E but have playing all kinds of other shit, including 3E, pf, sr, call of Cthulhu, etc
>thinking about playing martial, but wouldn't be against other
>most of all, need to be a well optimized character in case shit hits the fan and I need to one man carry through encounters

Any suggestions? I was looking into a crossbow fighter which seems pretty strong early on. If it helps any I'm rolling for stats too, 4d6 drop lowest
>>
>>53428827
>sinsister subliminal messaging shit
>a few sentences in creative inspiration
>>
Dinosaurs are pretty cool
>>
>>53428748
Do you know what duergar are known as if you're able to read, you literal shit, they're gray dwarves. Guess what color that is, you severe autist.
Does your wrangler know you're loose and a threat at large.
>>
>>53430729
New adventure book, or a SCAG-like? Jesus, I hope it's an adventure.
>>
>>53430729
When did they announce that?
>>
>>53430711
Crossbow fighter is easy and effective if that's what you want, I suppose. Probably the easiest of all.

>Rolling for stats
It's shit

But rolling for stats aside, if you want a braindead easy thing do the crossbow fighter thing. Crossbow expert + sharpshooter + hand crossbow + get dex as high as possible and just fucking shoot stuff. It's that easy.
>>
>>53430729
>carnivorous mounts
>doesn't eat everything in sight
Lol.
>>
>>53430745
>Does your wrangler know you're loose
Is it you again, you motherfucker?
>>
>>53430745
>>53430636
>>53430590
>>53430563
you have to go back >>>/pol/
>>
>>53430765
They didn't. It's a leak.
>>
File: boox.png (1MB, 675x944px) Image search: [Google]
boox.png
1MB, 675x944px
What of this is good stuff?
>>
>>53430774
Does your wrangler know you're loose, you corpulent sack of shit.
>>
>>53430753
>>53430765
Preview of the upcoming stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEH1BX4m0eY
>>
>>53430771
Do you think carnivores eat meat 24/7 as long as it's available?
>>
>>53430789
Keep being severely autistic. Seek psychiatric help.
>>
>>53430789
what
>>
File: dareyouentermymagicalelf.png (73KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
dareyouentermymagicalelf.png
73KB, 208x250px
>>53430801
>THE STREAM OF ANNIHILATION
>>
>>53430801
Sweet as.
>>
>>53430812
>>53430771
Still a good point that herbivores probably make better beasts of burden and non-war-mounts for the sake of them eating stuff like grass and not costing you cattle.
>>
>>53430826
>>53430800
Is shitting up /5eg/ your job or something, since you do it every single day?
>>
File: dinoland.jpg (5MB, 4410x2788px) Image search: [Google]
dinoland.jpg
5MB, 4410x2788px
>>53430729
Welp, take your pick from some coastal region hereabouts.

It's that or we're going to Maztica (South America with Spanish [Amnish] Conquistadors) or Zakhara (the Middle East).
>>
>>53430789
>>53430774
Can you actually read or does your mind struggle to fit in words because you're a literal retard.

>>53430866
That delusion. Yeah, sounds about right coming from someone who thinks duergar are black.
>>
>>53430916
Chult, anon. It's Chult.
>>
>if I type real mad and throw out insults constantly, people will think I'm right
>>
>>53430920
The only retard here is you, anon. You are not even talking to a single person.
>>
Stop replying to the SJW/racist samefag.
>>
>>53430916
I just hope they make a fun dinosaur heavy adventure. Do you guys think its going to be standard level 1 - 10 ?
>>
>>53430969
Never doubt it.
>>
>>53430471
First part yes, second part no. Eldritch blast is your bread and butter even if you want to go hexblade and hit things with a sword.
>>
>>53430932
>Black Character Art OP Maker actually works for WotC and was subtly telling us that we're going to Chult
>we disdained his many clues and argued about racism instead
never felt so ashamed
>>
>>53430767
>It's shit
I know, only game in town but still

Alright I'll roll one up. Any other faceroll martials that are worth looking into?
>>
>>53430771
It's well fed and well trained.
>>
>>53431004
Shield Master Battle Master.
>>
>>53430953
Then stop being an autist. If you think duergar are black, you are severely autistic and need psychiatric help. You also need to learn English and the differentiation of colors.
>>
>>53431000
...huh.
>>
>>53430932
Chult you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwfLAGlnPdY
>>
>>53430812
anon probably can't go two minutes without cramming twinkies down his gullet.
>>
>>53431004
Barbarian5/rogueX, just a plain monk that stuns shit (get mobile), PAM Paladin (Practically a martial), Sorlock/fightersorlock (practically a martial.. sort of.)
>>
>>53430941
He's just our resident spaz, ignore him and he calms down after a while.
>>
>>53431026
>you can train something with a brain the size of a walnut
>>
Hey senpai, players are about to go visit a university made up of mostly high elven snobs.
They're looking to travel to another plane and need help.

Any ideas on a side-quest they could do to:
1. Earn a portal to where they're going
2. Earn a scroll of plane shift so they can attempt to get back

(If the person fails their roll to use the scroll there will be other means, but it will be much harder)
>>
File: dinorider.jpg (218KB, 766x650px) Image search: [Google]
dinorider.jpg
218KB, 766x650px
We better be able to get new mounts
>>
You know what this means?
Every Druid at your table will be turning into dinosaurs and you no longer have the "well you've never seen a raptor" excuse to fall back on.
>but chult's an adventure module now my character totally went to port nya-whatever once
>>
>>53431102
I love jungle settings and shit.
I purposefully try and push my players towards those areas on the map. But for some reason they never go even when there's a druid.
>>
>>53431094
I hope someone makes stats for Indominus rex.
>>
>>53431102
Yes and?

(also my druid just turns into a dire porcupine)
>>
>>53429380
In the DMG there is only 2 uncommon swords: a +1 sword and a +1 sword with a shitty curse. So just go with a +1 shortsword.
For the rare item, go for Flametongue. It deals 2d6 extra fire damage on a hit and is a constantly handy torch to boot
>>
>>53431102
Druid rolls a natural 1, turns into t-rex.
>>
File: redsteel.jpg (68KB, 472x613px) Image search: [Google]
redsteel.jpg
68KB, 472x613px
ALL YOU CHULT FUCKERS ARE WRONG
WE'RE GOING BACK TO MYSTARA
>>
>>53431143
>Druid rolls a natural 1, turns into t-rex.
THIS IS NOT HOW DND WORKS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53431140
Weapons of warning are uncommon too, and they're super-good.
>>
What happens to Vampire Spawn when their controlling Vampire is killed?
>>
>>53431173
Let me elaborate. You can't use any skills at all. You are stuck with only using your arms. Tiny arms druid t-rex.
>>
>>53431102
It could also mean a Jurassic Park themed campaign.
>>
File: hollowworld.jpg (3MB, 1362x1706px) Image search: [Google]
hollowworld.jpg
3MB, 1362x1706px
>>53431225
>>
>>53430958
I think they're pathetic excuses too, but you need actual psychiatric help if you think the duergar, the gray dwarves, are black and think the drow have never been black/dark skinned. That and a better grasp of English.
>>
>>53431276
>reeeeee it's on a spectrum
>>
>>53431325
someone's on the spectrum.
>>
>>53431325
Stop replying to him. He makes the exact same posts in every single thread. Any post that says something about psychiatric help or high fives with chairs is a shitposter. Do not reply.
>>
How do I go about customizing my own character sheet from a PDF? Just turn it into an image and photoshop away? Or is there a better trick to it?
>>
>tfw just want to play DnD
>friends just wanna get drunk and circle jerk

help me plz
>>
>>53431372
This. Hide and report.
>>
>>53431382
You can edit it in your PDF program.
>>
>>53431397
I don't use Adobeshit so I can't actually do that sadly
>>
I'm a DM and I want to send my players on a quest to investigate why a certain professor of lore and his students haven't come back to their college yet. When they find the cottage they've been studying in, it'll basically be a situation out of Evil Dead—they were trying to crack an ancient book of abyssal ciphers and wound up releasing demons, which have possessed the students.

I'm inspired by Evil Dead specifically because I feel like if the demons can alter their appearances and essentially try to deceive the players into attacking the non-possessed people, it'd create a much more cerebral and interesting mystery-game than just "go in, bash demons, get out." Needless to say I'll be taking some liberties from the Monster Manual menagerie, borrowing these attributes and those attributes from various demons and generally creating my own kind of deadite-esque fiend.

However, while the party's cleric is only 6th-level so I don't have to fear "Dispel Evil and Good," the 1st-level spell "Protection from Evil and Good" may still trivialize the whole thing.

Do you guys have any suggestions about how to make possession meaningful, and how to make it harder for the demons to just be magic'd away?
>>
>>53431417
I don't use Adobe either, and I can still edit it.
>>
>>53431199
Not 100% sure, I guess it'd depend on the DM.
>>
>>53431417
>you can edit it on google chrome
>you can edit it on google drive
try harder.
>>
>>53431435
>>53431451
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about merely filling out a PDF, I mean like literally designing a character sheet. Layout, art, that kind of thing. I'll figure it out on my own I just wanted to know if there was a standard methodology for it
>>
>>53431372
It's a legitimate argument.

>>53431325
Yeah, it's you.
>>
>>53431425
>Help, guys, I want to trick my players into killing innocent people. How do I take away their tools of not doing so?
No, thank you.
>>
>>53431504
This
>>
What is shoving useful for?
My DM always puts fight in an empty room or open field it seems. Also, is bashing the evil wizard against his golems a valid form of disagreement?
>>
>>53431425
Ignore the other guy. If your players just resort to bashing in an innocent person's brains in just because a different NPC told them to, then they deserve to make such a mistake.

The thing is you need to be sure to leave some good clues and actually make it into a mystery and drop appropriate hints. There should even be a tell for discerning who is actually possessed and who is not.

If you want to ignore something like protection from evil and good, you can do so by adopting a different kind of possession. Think, invasion of the body snatchers or some shit. Where they're possessed by a parasite of some sort, not an actual spirit that can be magic'd away. It can be a tiny little demon worm that buries its way inside.

In fact, such a wound located on the forearm or leg might be a good tell if they decide to investigate a body.
>>
>>53431575
>What is shoving useful for?
If you have shield master, you can shove as a bonus action to make your enemy fall prone. You can then hit the prone enemy with an advantage.
You can also shove people off cliffs, but as you've said, your DM is an unimaginative faggot.
>>
>>53431575
>What is shoving useful for?
forceful re-positioning and knocking prone.
>>
>>53431575
Shoving is useful in one of two places in my experience:
1)The DM actually has environmental hazards you can push people into
2)Shove someone into something like a wall of fire or get them away from you so the spellcaster has an easier time targeting them with an app or cone.
>>
>>53431575
Tell your DM you'd like to see more interesting environments. Shoving is useful for making someone fly off a ledge.
But it also can be useful for just knocking someone to the ground. If you've got several martial characters, knocking someone prone is pretty useful. As melee attacks against a prone creature are all made with advantage.

As for the disagreement. I guess it would depend on how big the disagreement was. But judging from the outcome, seems it was a big one. Go for it.
>>
>>53431575
Shoving is good for disengaging, pushing enemies into hazards and for giving everybody within 5ft advantage to hit the target. Also more improvised uses exist.
>>
>Promiscuous Queen trying to shack up with one of the players
>Dance contests
>Aggressive drunk noblemen pushing the PCs around
>Gambling
>Constitution saves if they keep hammering drinks to not affect CHA checks
>Conflict between two noblemen of different families, vying for power
>An honorable duel between two sportsman (not to the death but till sword touches garbs)

What other stuff should be at this noble/royal ball the players will be attending?

It is a bit of a reversal, as it wont be crashed by an outside party, but the players are likely the ones going for an assassination/party crash. But before that, they want to blend in and mingle. So, I need mingle ideas.
>>
>>53431652
>Shoving is good for disengaging
See I wish more people would realize this.
>>
>>53431740
Potential allies or enemies made depending on who they talk to and how. Especially around noblemen's daughters.
>>
>>53431390
find another group of people
>>
>>53431740
Throw in an autist sitting alone in the corner wishing he was home and only came to the party because he had to.
This will be nice if you've got a similar PC.
If anyone talks to him he could be pretty straight-laced and willing to offer up information about an attendant there he hates.
>>
>>53431740
>emissaries from strange and foreign places
>Triton nobles, Minotaur warlords, Dwarf guild merchants
>perhaps the servers are all "undesirable" races in the kingdom
>a promiscuous Prince trying to hook up with one of the players one of the male characters
>>
How many javelins/arrows should my players be able to carry?

I think 3 Javelins are reasonable
Arrows maybe 20?
>>
>>53431833
>You know that was a weird ball
>We got invited to atleast five orgies and I'm pretty sure atleast one of them was going to be all male
>>
Do paladins use Smite+GWF feat?

-10 to attack seems huge

Also I'm torn between devotion and vengeance.
>>
>>53431833
>a promiscuous dwarf Prince
FTFY
>>
>>53431851
I think a quiver in D&D holds 20 arrows, as for javelins personally I'd allow 5.
>>
Which are the best classes for shield master?
>>
>>53431856
>-10 to attack seems huge
that's probably because you can't fucking read.
>>
>>53431740
>the players unwittingly thwart someone else's scheme
>>
>>53428119
>vs Berserker

Anyone who thinks Berserker is good hasn't read up on how fucking punishing exhaustion is.
>>
>>53431856
It's only a -5 and if I remember correctly you can choose to smite once you hit.
>>
>>53431856
You mean great weapon master feat?
It's a -5 to hit, and a +10 to damage if it hits while taking on the penalty.

Devotion if your group is more into roleplay.
Vengeance if you're more into murderhoboing.
Vengeance can also be roleplay'd well, but it's definitely edgier than devotion.
Ancients is the best options imo.
>>
>>53431833
>a promiscuous Princess that turns out to be a Prince
FTFY
>>
>>53431873
UA Knight.
can impose disadvantage on three seperate targets at level 5. become THE WALL.
>>
>>53431894
Named Lola. L-o-l-a, Lola.
>>
>>53431890
>Ancients is the best option I'm

Muh nigga
>>
>>53431894
>DC 50 spot trap
>>
>>53431890
Oh woods, yeah -5 seems to be huge when you are fighting things with 17-19 AC

Also ancients seems meh aside from the spell resistance

Why is it good?
>>
>>53431883
The first two levels aren't fatal for a Barbarian though. The real problem is that recovering from exhaustion is so slow
>>
>>53431894
>a promiscuous Prince that turns out to be a Princess

FTFY
>>
>>53428291
Just throw a jammed door in the way in each place they go.
>>
>>53431954
>a promiscuous Prince that turns out to be a swarm of rats in an evening gown

FTFY
>>
>>53431975
>a promiscuous swarm of rats that turns out to be a polymorphed dragon

FTFY
>>
>>53431988
>a promiscuous swarm of dragons that turns out to be a radiator

FTFY
>>
>>53431926
Because misty step is a fuck awesome spell, and spell resistance, as you mentioned. It's actually pretty huge and will make your entire party much more resilient to a lot of things the DM might throw at you.

>DM throws a fireball at your party deathball
>Everyone has a bonus to their save from base paladin
>If everyone saves they take 1/4th the damage they would take, if anyone fails they only take 1/2 damage.

But more so than mechanical reasons, it's just such a good base for roleplaying. You avoid being the kill joy that is Lawful Good no-fun allowed Devotions guy, and avoid the smite-all-evil kill-fuck everything Vengeance edgelord.

Also, if you happen to hit capstone, the transformation is pretty fucking sweet.
>>
>>53431740
Alcohol doesn't affect cha checks. It probably boosts it. Until you have too much and it starts decreasing it.
It affects wisdom and maybe int.
>>
File: paladincharts.png (30KB, 743x597px) Image search: [Google]
paladincharts.png
30KB, 743x597px
>>53431856
Well, here're some old graphs I made.
>>
>>53431996
Now we're talking
>>
File: Paladincharts3.png (40KB, 727x597px) Image search: [Google]
Paladincharts3.png
40KB, 727x597px
>>53431856
>>53432053
Could use some polishing and an AC value x axis at some point.

But whatever.

The effectiveness actually varies depending on how often you get GWM bonus attacks or polearm reaction attacks, but I recall the numbers being used are ~0.15 to ~0.25 for a GWM bonus attack and 0.33 to 0.5 for a polearm reaction attack. Probably 0.33.
>>
Anyone have DDAL06-01? A Thousand Tiny Deaths.
>>
>>53432081
You may migrate when ready
>>
>>53432089
Never heard of it but I'm curious now.
>>
>>53431950
Moving 15 is pretty fucking bad for a barbarian though. And disadvantage on a skill check can absolutely fuck up a grapple.
>>
>>53432099
New thread.
>>
>>53431926
GWM isn't worth only when you're fighting stuff with about 20AC+. This number gets higher as your proficiency and strength increases and lower when you get a magic weapon that does more damage on it's own.
>>
autistic question but can elves be plague doctors?
>>
>>53432222
why couldn't they?
>>
>>53432222
Why wouldn't they be able to? Especially with a long life it'd give them better experience.
>>
>>53432243
most elves ive played with have been either malevolent or goody two shoes. never anything that would come close to the moralities of a plague doctor.
>>
>>53432275
Doesn't mean you can't be different
>>
File: proofs.png (124KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
124KB, 382x491px
WHERE IS PROOFS IS GOING TO BE CHULT?

WHERE IS PROOOOOOFS))))))

I actually want to know ;_;
>>
>>53432356
There's no proof. However:

>Everything thus far in 5e has been set in the Realms
>Chult is the Realmsian place known for dinosaurs
>Recent FR novels (well, Hero) have hinted towards shit going down in Chult
>>
>>53432286
i suppose
>>
First time DMing. Can you give me good one shot adventure ideas? Something that should be easy for a first timer like me? I was thinking in a small quest where they need to explore a cave or old ruins or something (a mini dungeon)
>>
>>53428283
Yes, and?
>>
>>53430246
In a standard fantasy game, I once ran a fancy party for the promotion of a guy in the extraplanar mafia from soldier to executive. The boss, the underboss, other executives, and several high-level "business partners" showed up and had a classic time. The party was hired to provide entertainment (specifically, the bard got on a piano and played for the partygoers) and got to make a bunch of helpful contacts.
>>
>>53431094
Are we about to enter "deadly mount that is rolled into your class's power" territory?
>>
>>53431851
A quiver holds 20 arrows/crossbow bolts. I'd say about 5 javalins to some sort of "quiver", and 4-6 hand axes on a belt.
>>
>>53431851
If you're going to question how many polearms someone can carry, then you should instead be asking how they're transporting all of this shit that you can't simple ride a horse with. A 10ft pole sticking in any direction on a mount is unacceptable as you're either bumping the horse, catching trees, or having it jut forward like a lance.
>>
File: 1402630468064.png (11KB, 570x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402630468064.png
11KB, 570x500px
>>53431873
Fighter, fighter, fighter, and fighter.
>>
My V. Human Deep stalker just hit level 4, I took dual wielder as my free feat. Should I increase my Dex to 20, increase my wisdom to 18 or take another feat?
>>
>>53432005
I'd say wis and dex.
>>
why are decent dice trays so fucking expensive ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>53428073
My question is not really related to 5e, it simply is the rule setting we are using. I'll keep it short; I stopped playing D&Da long time ago and always regretted it, Friends of mine asked wether we would like to play, i accepted and created a small adventure for a testplay with them. I used an idea from an D&D 3.0/3.5 adventure and modified it severly. In this adventure heavy storms ravage the land from time to time.

So far so good, everyone enjoyed the first adventure and all of the 8! players remained in the group. We've had some other adventures and now they want to investigate the source of the unnatural storms.

My question is wether you as a player would be okay with the following setting:
- 150-200 years ago an ancient white dragon tricked priests of Auril into believing he was an avatar of Auril
- he planned an ritual in which he would try to wrest a spark of divinity from auril
- the cover story for the priests was, that the ritual was necessary to transport a spark of divinity to faerun to ultimately bring an icy end to this world
- one of the priests was an agent of Talos and interfered within this ritual
- Talos wanted to transfer the divine spark from his Auril to himself, even to steal her complete divinity
- the interference caused the ritual to end really bad
- as a result, everyone participating died, the heart of the white dragon remained as some kind of conduit to Talos realm or Geas causing the storms
- a young white dragon, who hatched from an egg of the killed white dragon, tries to utilize the magic of his parents magic remains

Is this too much? Or would you be okay with such a far fetched story? Do you have any other ideas? It has to be something that could have happend without everyone noticing, because nobody knows the cause of the unnatural storms.
>>
>>53433078
What the hell is "decent" in your opinion? They are sold for 10€?
>>
>>53433332
Sorry, I use real money here in England.

Decent would be a good size with the kind of felt that cancels out sound.
>>
>>53432918
1 to both?
>>
>>53433320
Sounds good, obviously it'll need some polishing and names thrown in eventually but I like it. White Dragons are more beastlike then others though, maybe you would want to mention he was especially cunning if the players learn anything about him. You could change it to another type of dragon as well, just because Snow is mostly White dragon domain doesn't mean a Green couldn't live there or something. Maybe he even used illusions to look like a White Dragon.

My only question is will Talos send servants to defend this or does he not care?
>>
>>53433398
Well, even then you would end up getting one for 30-40 of your real british pounds. Or simply import one from the european mainland while there are no taxes. If you don't mind a used one you can get professional ones for around 10€.

Or simply ask in your local casino, they usually throw them away at near mint condition.
>>
>>53433432
The players are currently at level 5-6, therefore i don't think the gods should be interested in their ways too much, as of yet. My idea was, that Talos was happy with interfering the ritual and that it caused heavy storms within the region for such a long period. Obviously, it might be an ideal hook for future adventures, that Talos is pissed about his storms being ended by some puny heroes.

I don't think the nature of the white dragons would be much of a problem. The party never met a dragon before and never played any RPGs before. Therefore, their perception of dragons is more "mighty and highly intelligent beasts". I think there was some adventure, where the heart of ashardalon, a mighty red dragon was relevant for the story, maybe they could have been rivals in their way to achieve a divine spark.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
>>
>>53433562
Personally I just think it'd be cool to have everything hint towards it being guarded by a powerful White Dragon... before it turns out to be a weak Green Dragon with some spellcasting and maybe even 3 or so Illusionist levels.

The DMG's not wrong in that giving an enemy you want to make memorable a few class levels helps. Just don't make NPC's who literally use a PC class and nothing else.

Also Green Dragons are weaker and have a more resisted damage type, so better chance of the party surviving if they're not too smart.
Thread posts: 402
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.