[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOTR RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TOR.jpg (217KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TOR.jpg
217KB, 1024x1024px
Has anyone done roleplaying in middle earth? I'm thinking about getting The One Ring to host for my friends but i have no experience with LOTR roleplaying games.
>>
I have the 2002 Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game book but I've never played it. It seems like a terrible system reading through the book, but The One Ring seems like it would be pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>53425983
>implying I would RP in a setting with unclear tax policy
absolute pleb
>>
>>53425983
done plenty of MERP/Rolemaster in middle earth. it's like D&D-style fantasy gaming except with way more lethality. the regional modules are pretty fun though

>>53426182
>muh tax policy
this meme needs to die. now.
>>
>>53426263
Dafuq is this meme about ? Also to stay on topic I recently bought The One Ring but didn't had time to read it for the moment, so I'm also curious to know if it's any good
>>
>>53426337
GRRM saying in an interview that he quibbles with JRRT because we don't learn more about the way Aragorn ruled (as an example), tax policy included.

'Quibbles', nothing more. Some tolkientaxfags apparently took offense and can't let go.
>>
>>53426475
Just some regular autism on both side then
>>
>>53426475
just goes further to show what sort of dumb hack GRRM actually is
>>
>>53426593
Yeah we understood, big bad mainstream GRRM said something mean about Tolkien, now you can go back to sleep
>>
>>53425983
I just GM'd my first session of The One Ring on Saturday. We played through the Marsh Bell adventure included in the rulebook. We had an absolute blast.

Everyone playing had years of experience with D20 systems but they had nothing but great things to say about TOR.

I cannot recommend TOR enough. Fantastic game.
>>
>>53426871
What kind of system is it ?
>>
>>53425983

I honestly can't imagine its anything too different from regular dnd, the only thing I can really think of is that your players may want to go on a sight seeing tour from Mordor to that place where hobbits live. Your also probably going to deal with a lot of LOTR memes. You should also read DM of the rings for a cheeky version of players playing LOTR.
>>
>>53426962
I have already read DM of the Rings. I'm not sure The One Ring would be perfect for it, since as far as im aware it has no splatbook for "evil" races/cultures but I'd love to host a silly campaign about playing a band of evil guys hunting the ring and chasing after the fellowship.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.