[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ways elves could help signal how old they are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Ribbon_TG.png (198KB, 354x454px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbon_TG.png
198KB, 354x454px
What are some ways elves could help signal how old they are? It seems like for a race that really has none of the drawbacks of age would be quite proud of old they are.

Stuff like wearing an earring for each century of life, but also stuff like planting a tree at their birth.
>>
File: orks3.jpg (143KB, 1178x758px) Image search: [Google]
orks3.jpg
143KB, 1178x758px
Cut 'em open and count the rings
>>
just grow your hair forever
>>
>>53425889

Ears.

The bigger an Elf's ears are, the older they are.
Those whose ears are only about twice as long as a Human's ears are probably fairly young, and their ears are still perky.

Older elves have massive, long, droopy ears that keep getting broader and longer as they age.
>>
>>53426133
It's weird that this isn't canon anywhere.
>>
>>53425889
Why not just ask them how old they are?
>>
>>53426269
Probably because it's absolute shit.
>>
>>53426472
That's just, like, your opinion man.
>>
File: galadriel_by_incantata-d7itwzx.jpg (65KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
galadriel_by_incantata-d7itwzx.jpg
65KB, 970x545px
Invisible yet unmistakeable fey aura, uncanny presence and force of will, the very nature bending to their whim, a stare that reflects the burden of ages, and beauty of an epoch long lost that can no more be born on Earth.

To me it strikes as pretty obvious that a being such an elf would have more subtle means of communicating its age than a human would. A ten-thousand-year-old elf does not look much different if standing next to a mere century-old ole, but you can instantly tell anyway.

I don't know whether elves would even count years of their life. It'd be like a human counting weeks. (Which would explain the young mothers telling you their baby is like "seventy weeks": young elves do still count in years, but that's quickly forgotten.)
>>
a piece of lingerie from each time period
>>
>>53425889
they wear the fashion of their youth. If you find someone with a positively byzantine style cloak and pin, you know who you're talking to.
>>
>>53426565
>Not a ball gag through the ages.

Do you even elf?
>>
How rotten their mana is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.