[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil Pathfinder Campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Well shit..jpg (40KB, 574x528px) Image search: [Google]
Well shit..jpg
40KB, 574x528px
So I'm planning on running a Pathfinder campaign with my friends where everyone is evil alignment (Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.) the problem is that I don't know what I should have the PCs do and how to keep everyone from stabbing each other in the back. Any ideas?
>>
>>53425168
Get an idea of their background and what the players want to do is step one. You need to know who you're dealing with, but mostly making evil work together is almost always a matter of making it in their best interest not to back stab each other just yet.
>>
>>53425168
Okay, why are you running the evil campaign then if you have no idea what you want to do with it?
>>
The campaign is stabbing eachother in the back. Both problems solved.
>>
A Pathfinder campaign with all evil characters and the DM has no idea what he's doing? Well golly fucking gee I never thought that would happen.
>>
>>53425168
Am even worse evil is about to descend on the kingdom, and it's going to stomp the parties shithole of a home into nothingness.

If they try to help the even worse evil it doesn't want their help and tries to murder the fuck out of them.

Warning the capitol results in the goody two shoes Adventurers of the official Guild telling them to fuck off and be grateful they're too busy to curb stomp them.

If the super evil gets hold of the magic macguffin there will be nowhere to run. Not even other planes are safe. Outsiders are shitting their pants and divination returns "fuck you Im outta here".

The super good guys ride out to stomp the big evil, only to be rekt. The shockwaves can be felt two kingdoms over. The remaining heroes retreat to the palace to mount a desperate defense.

A dickass theif approaches the party. He's found a way to beat the uber evil, but the heroes won't listen to him. It's going to require sneaking into or invading the neighboring kingdom and stealing their ultra artifact to combine with your kingdoms.

Can the party murder, steal, and rape their way into the other kingdom and back in time?
>>
>>53425168
Have them face off against of team of teenagers with attitude
>>
>>53425168
The solution to the problem in the Way of the Wicked campaign was to require players to be Lawful or Neutral Evil and then contractually bind them to work together by a powerful NPC.
>>
>>53425168
I'd have them be working for a conspiracy, organized crime group or cult. That way they've got actual goals, someone to give them missions and a reason not to just do lolrandom Stupid Evil shit.
>>
- infiltrate and assume control of nearby small good kingdom
- black market sells the party info that a good party is about to go dungeon diving in search of a mighty artifact; try to get it first, or steal it from them on their way out of the dungeon
- based on characters' backstories, have bounty hunters / law enforcement track them down
- based on characters' backstories, dangle powerful loot / means to further their evil goals in front of them
- offered a job by the local mafia to perform tasks for money

>how to keep everyone from stabbing each other in the back
in general, give them tasks that require them to pool their strengths so they're at least somewhat encouraged to work together more often than not. other than that, you should not only let them stab each other in the back, you should encourage it. pass lots of notes to build suspicion. make everybody write down one secret thing their character would betray the party for or a reason in their past that they want to defeat another party member.
>>
>>53425168
1) evil characters are obviously egoist compared to good or neutral ones; so You need a reason (like a big bad They all work for or compete with) for them to be working together. This allready gives you leeway: perhaps their boss will give them quests, perhaps they all want the same unobtanium the big bad wants.
2) Prepare a rough scenario that would be fine for characters of any allineament and then adapt it to your characters. Perhaps You have some dungeon allready prepared: sobstitute the goblins with young paladins tasked to keep guard to something dangerous and evil and you have a quest.
3) You can allways make then play an anti-dungeon crawl. Instead of being heroes exploring the ruins of Lost Eridu, they're the monsters who colonized them and prepare to "greet" any wandering hero trying to get at the treasure; with traps, minions and so on.
This is also fine If your characters decide that a dungeon they recently emptied would be a good base of operations, or If their boss orders them to settle it, so they don't have to be monsters but perhaps they'll force some to work for them.
5) If Everything else fails, You can allways make it a political game, but pathfinder is not really suitable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.