[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy/That GM Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1494620497378-Wuerfel5.jpg (96KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
1494620497378-Wuerfel5.jpg
96KB, 1050x590px
Post your horror stories!

>be me
>Played with a really abusive group before but they where master RPers and i learned alot from them.
>Now in a Black Crusade game.
>4 players, myself included.
>Other two are ok, not really all that good roleplayers, but they try.
>And then theres THIS asshole.
>Lets call him Bill.
>Bill is playing an Unaligned Q'Sal Magister (Normally a Tzeentcian psyker. Yes its stupid.)
>Im playing a Writhing World Sorcerer King (Nurglite psyker)
>He and i got into the game at the same time.
>I utilize my experience, stay in-character, do a voice, etc.
>He never says anything IC, and always speaks in a bored monotone voice (even OOC).
>Quickly become the center player of the group, due to been the only one willing to roleplay encounters.
>The game goes on, and i become good friends with the other players.
>Game evolves into one of my favorites.
>Bill continues to do, pretty much nothing at all.
>He never roleplayes, he never does anything out of combat, hell, he was pretty useless in-combat to.
>Never does anything useful or interesting.
>Has zero character whats so ever.
>Most of the time forget hes there.
>Fast forward near the end of the game.
>I try to fluff my every advance.
>I was allowed to get Psy Rating 6, because i devoured a greater daemon of Nurgle.
>Bills Psy Rating comes up.
>10
>Fucking 10
>He spent his XP into nothing but Psy Rating advances.
>I ask him "How do you fluff you been so powerful?"
>"I spent the XP"
>...
>That was the last fucking straw.
>I fluff my every advance, all for the sake of an interesting story, and he just goes and powergames this whole shit.
>Start plotting with the other two players to kick him out.
>They agree.
>The session we were gonna do it, my character ascends.
>In to good of a mood to kick him. Postpone till next one.

I hate his guts so fucking much!
>>
File: 1491682198343.png (352KB, 1380x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491682198343.png
352KB, 1380x1280px
Posting some good ones.
>>
File: 1492021558577.jpg (177KB, 1214x668px) Image search: [Google]
1492021558577.jpg
177KB, 1214x668px
>>53424711
>>
File: 1491537864766.png (15KB, 842x183px) Image search: [Google]
1491537864766.png
15KB, 842x183px
>>53424723
>>
>>53424711
I'll take 'Shit that never happened' for 500, Trebek.
>>
>>53427258
I remember that thread. And yes, it did happen.
>>
>>53424611
Maybe it's me, but that doesn't seem so bad. You just have a player that don't want to RP. To eat their own. Why not just talk to him and ask if he can get more involved when it comes to role playing.
>>
>>53428099
Its not the fact that hes not roleplaying that bothers me. Its the fact that he powergames with no regard to the games story! Like i said, i try to fluff my every advance, and so do the other players, though to a lesser extend. But not he.
Do you give you context, a Tzeencian Daemon Prince had a Psy Rating of 6. Now i had 6, but i had to literally eat a daemon to acquire it, which nearly killed me and granted me Cor. He grew to an incredibly powerful psyker, by doing nothing. I am insulted by him.
>>
>>53424611
There's nothing really do say about him. Hes a bad player and you should kick him.
>>
>>53424611

Well, he sounds bad, but not fluffing up every point you put into shit isn't bad. Ya get points to use for a reason, ya don't have to fluff every point into shit and it's assumed you did the necessary work to get there by getting experience. Like if I didn't RP reading a book would that mean my wizard has to take strength instead of intelligence? Nah, fuck that shit. I get wanting to fluff stuff if you can, but fuck you for thinking it's mandatory. We ARE playing a game after all. Do you also want me to roleplay every other trivial detail like breathing and taking a shit too?
>>
>>53428708
It would't be so bad, if everyone in the game played like that. But we dont. And yea yea i dont fluff every single thing. Just important ones, like Psy Rating, or a new Lore, or a rank in Peer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.