[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New MTG Format: Classical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 9th.jpg (36KB, 436x450px) Image search: [Google]
9th.jpg
36KB, 436x450px
Introducing a new format of MTG based on the style of 9th Edition theme decks.

Each deck will be standardized to compete with other standardized decks in the format.

Any suggestions?
>>
This already exists and it's called the MTGO free trial.

And it gets real boring real quickly.
>>
>>53402739

Pauper is the perfect format.
>>
>>53402913
93/94 is the perfect MtG format.
>>
File: 20 dollar bill.jpg (59KB, 573x300px) Image search: [Google]
20 dollar bill.jpg
59KB, 573x300px
>>53402891
Last time I played MTGO was tenth edition so I didn't know if they do that anymore but I'm on a low end laptop so IDK if I have the requirements.
>>
>>53403059
They don't do that anymore. The Classic format was removed after Vintage was introduced.
>>
>>53402962

No fucking way. The power level was completely broken.
>>
File: charizard.png (176KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.png
176KB, 245x342px
>>53403080
Didn't know there was an official classic format. When I played online there was the 9th edition theme decks then they upgraded to tenth then i guess you either had to pay to play starting m11 or i didnt bother to figure it out
>>
>>53402739
>9th Edition
Holy shit the flashbacks. I started playing with the Lofty Heights deck.
>>
Why 9th edition exactly?
>>
File: blocks.jpg (26KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
blocks.jpg
26KB, 424x283px
>>53403387
What I would define as "Classic" MTG. "Creatures and Combat," if you will. These decks used cards like Pacifism instead of Journey To Nowhere and a 5/4 Spined Wurm was considered a fatty.
>>
>>53403425

That still doesn't explain why 9th in particular though, since you could apply that criteria to a shitload of sets in Magic's history.

If it's because 9th was your first I'll understand. Just be honest.
>>
File: atomicbeam.jpg (60KB, 222x148px) Image search: [Google]
atomicbeam.jpg
60KB, 222x148px
>>53403453

Well there was a time when red didn't even have a creature at a certain cost or something like that, and my experience after 9th edition was when I got exposed to broken interactions. (what comes to mind is birthing pod.)

9th Edition was my first.
>>
>>53403153
Classic on MTGO was Vintage except without power etc that weren't ever printed online. When they did Vintage Masters or whatever set it was that they released all the cards that were missing they changed it to actual Vintage.

It has literally nothing to do with this thread except to point out that the OP's "golden age" of magic never really existed because people were actually playing some of the most broken shit around at the time.
>>
>>53403632
Classic was just the term I used because I didnt know it was being used and I felt that comparison was similar between classic magic and "modern" magic (both modern as in current and modern the format) and classical music and "modern" music.
>>
>>53402739
why not just do a precon format?
ive been trying to collect precons and this is does sound fun. also whats everybodys favorite precon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.