[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 38

File: INTET.jpg (44KB, 541x499px) Image search: [Google]
INTET.jpg
44KB, 541x499px
Mandatory Fun

Previously: >>53381443

>Commander 2017
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

>MTGO Banlist Latest Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
What's your most fun deck? What makes it so fun? Does it make you feel like a unique snowflake?
>>
>>53400011
Yasova Dragonclaw, and the fact that it's Crouching Yasova, Hidden Xenagos.
>>
>>53399842

Karador so I can replay Eternal Witness every turn if people are messing with my key enchantments.

As for the Serra's Sanctum thing, I picked one up from my LGS a few weeks ago for $30 because it was closing and they were selling everything. That's actually the main reason I was wanting to build the deck in the first place.
>>
What are some good combos to run with Silas Renn?
>>
>>53400134
I think Karador can work, and don't just view it as a way to recycle enchantments - you can also recur enchantress effects, or a small toolbox of toys. He's a solid choice. And 3-colors are getting easier and easier to fix, so you shouldn't worry too much about that.

Nice deal, btw. Got a promo Treva last week for $15, so I appreciate that bargain hunting (thanks gA for letting me know such a sexy art exists)
>>
My friend plays Rakdos and Kaalia and is really starting to get mad that I never let him cast his commander. Is there some way I can control him and let him play magic without letting him run away with the game?
>>
>>53400207
If you cast the spell and then sac it are you allowed to cast it again? The wording makes me think that you can cast that spell for the rest of the turn so long as it's in your graveyard but that seems broken.
>>
>>53400247
Containment priest, hallowed moonlight, perma flicker each time before combat
>>
>>53400247
Yes, you can focus on card denial and hand destruction.
>>
>>53400284
Cards usually don't maintain a consistent "identity" when they move from one zone to another. When the card goes from the graveyard to the battlefield and then back to the graveyard, even if it's the same physical card it loses properties it had when it moves.
>>
>>53400371
Darn alright thanks
>>
>>53400011
Norin, because I can pretend to be blue and stop anyone from actually playing the game.
>>
File: 1494636546439.png (531KB, 700x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494636546439.png
531KB, 700x335px
>>53400207
The classic.
>>
>>53400247
>Kaalia
He deserves to get shit on. Kaalia is a trap commander because no matter how strong she appears, people will see your plan coming from a mile a way and will fuck it over. The moment someone sets her down on the table, everyone knows the game will consist of getting shit on by her or shitting on her first.
>>
>>53400207
Sac outlets to make stax pieces asymmetric is really good. Saccing a Winter Orb end of your opponents turn and recasting it is nice, so is saccing a Wire to reset it's counters. Artificer's Intuition is pretty insane, finds all the broken fast mana and gets Spellbombs too, which Silas loves. I've found it's less of a combo deck and more grindy value.
>>
>>53400011
>What's your most fun deck?
Fun for me? Probably Slobad. Fun for everyone is actually Dralnu
>What makes it so fun?
Slobad is chock full of absurd combos and Dralnu keeps people from getting out of hand until I can shit out a Doomsday
>Does it make you feel like a unique snowflake?
All the time
>>
>>53400207
It's not really combo, but you get insane value out of running spellbombs. Good ones are Aether, Nihil, maybe Necrogen.
>>
File: Cromat.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Cromat.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
I want to build this bad boy, but I have no idea what the core of the deck should be centered around. Any one have any good suggestions? I kind of want to eschew any type goodstuff.dec or super friends, both of those ideas are drawn out and boring as hell.
>>
>Playing EDH right now.
>Playing Intet
>Marchesa of the Black Rose Player steals my Intet

I feel so Violated. :(
>>
>>53400708
The core of your deck should be casting Cromat and bestowing it with Chromanticore. Run Cascading Cataracts and Chromatic Lantern.
>>
Is there anything similar to Saskia Infect? One guy in my group has the Saskia precon that he's touched up a little bit, but my group gets... prickly about multiple iterations of the same commander.
>>
>>53400755
Newzuri probably.
>>
>>53400755
In that you're dealing damage with stuff to deal damage with stuff, or in that you're grinding out Infect wins? Because I used to have some success with Vorel Infect before you ask, I took it apart and lost the decklist a while ago.
>>
>>53400746
So alliterative C's?
>>
>>53400806
And cro/chro cards. Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Chrome Mox. Cromat is awful. Embrace it.
>>
>>53400755
Sidar Kondo!
>>
>>53400011
>What's your most fun deck? What makes it so fun?
Zada, Storm Grinder, 'cause she can be the most quick and asspully commander ever and draws like crazy, is dirt cheap to boot. has the ability gas up and burn quick and early. I can easily swap out different cards and combos to try and am currently tuning the average cmc as low as playably possible.

>Does it make you feel like a unique snowflake?
Yes it does. people tell me to run someone "better", also SHITLORDS just ASSUME her gender!.
>>
Is Land tax simply good enough to stuff into any Orzhov deck? Anything to smooth out land draws seems more or less to be an auto include.
>>
>>53400011
It varies from week to week but probably my PSZ deck. It's +1/+1 counter tribal and has neat interactions and doesn't run traditional blue goodstuff. Also probably my most tuned deck.
>>
File: Lifeline_US.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeline_US.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
Just to clarify, this is a symmetric effect and has always been, the original wording just is extremely strange, as it triggers from each creature and then "speaks" directly to the creature's controller where the "your" comes from.
Oracle wording is much clearer though.
>>
What are the best black card draw options that are under $5?
>>53401621
Card is so great in Daretti.
>>
>>53401621
You haven't lived until you've animated and sacced your entire landbase multiple times in a single game to draw your entire deck. That's that good shit.
>>
>>53400011
>What's your most fun deck? What makes it so fun? Does it make you feel like a unique snowflake?
I keep the precon gay dudes sleeved up
honestly most fun Ive had playing edh since I started. Most games I feel like im forced to play a more focused deck but the gay dudes do have some pretty good win cons and for a precon deck you draw a TON of cards which means its not too back breaking when you draw something awful
>>
>>53400708
Here ya go
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-08-16-mana-mastery/
its based off of a duels of the planeswalkers deck by the same name its a blast
the budget version can be bought for under 100 bucks
>>
>>53401940
>>53401977
I used to run it in my Shirei as backup redundancy and it was all good. I once played against Sen Triplets boardwipe tribal with almost all possible good ID creatures and the poor guy got absolutely BTFOd by Lifeline
>>
>>53401940
Phyrexian arena, greed, underworld connections.
>>
>>53400011
I really enjoy playing Noyan Dar, but I've started to get targeted in our group because I'm essentially the only one running boardwipes for some reason. It's quite fun to abuse the nonland clause in most spells
>>
>>53402278
You could try something I have in my Noyan Dar, it'll make you at least worthy of the targeting.

I run no creatures except bombs like the Eldrazi Titans and Avacyn. I also run Mass Polymorph, Polymorph, Synthetic Destiny, all that jazz. Cast the spell, turn a land into a creature, hopefully have 1-2others, and bing bang boom you got several fatties for free in Azorius colors. It's pretty damn fun.
>>
>>53400247
>Rakdos and Kaalia lets him run awau with the game

Jesus christ how fucking casual are you?
>>
>>53401940
Sign in Blood, Night's whisper, read the bones, ambition's cost
>>
File: 2145345657588787533.jpg (45KB, 768x548px) Image search: [Google]
2145345657588787533.jpg
45KB, 768x548px
I want to build a lifegain deck to end all lifegain decks without running Trostani or Oloro. Who should I build around? I think black should be in there for things that make me pay life like Hatred and Necropotence, but I'm not sure what to build. I'd prefer to not use a taxer like Kambal since people generally don't like losing life like that either.
>>
>>53402750
Og teysa or karlov?
>>
>>53402750
karlov
>>
>>53402781
>>53402787
I was thinking Karlov, but he paints a target on his head too because people know you're going for lifegain, and that Karlov is going to get huge while you do it. I kind of want to be low-key until I have too much life and I'm Aetherfluxing someone to death. OG Teysa is the one with the removal/token creation, right? Is she actually good for lifegain?
>>
File: jarad.jpg (61KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
jarad.jpg
61KB, 265x370px
I just ordered this deck, is it okay for a budget golgari deck? I wanted to make a second EDH deck that was fun

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jarad-lord-of-budget-1/
>>
>>53402884
ayli
>>
>>53402884
Teysa works because she is such a low key commander that unless your meta is heavy on boardwipes she will almost always stay out or you can do like this guy said>>53402915
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (602KB, 2629x750px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
602KB, 2629x750px
How many different infinite combats can I do in Naya? There is this one (which you could just use Saffi and one of the other two rezzers for Infinite damage, but that's no fun). There is Kiki-jiki and Combat Celebrant. Hellkite Charger + Bear Umbra. Savage Ventmaw + Aggravated Assault. Nature's Will + Aggravated Assault/Hellkite Charger.

What else? Also, who should I use as my Commander? I was considering Samut, mostly so I can Voltron if/when I need too, plus she gives everything Haste. I would get an alter done, of course.
>>
I play 2 different zedruu edh decks. Both really play into table politics.
I do auctions with both but one is all good stuff and one is all bad stuff (although I occasionally mix them) .
before I cast the card i usually give some sort of vague or kind of misleading description and see who's willing to do something for it like attacking another player or removing something.
An example would be goldnight castigstor. I say ooooh I have an angel with 9 toughness and flying who wants it ? sometimes I'll even make an offer. then I give it to the best offer and if they don't hold up their end of the bargain I make them my target for all my bad stuff.
>>
>>53403232
Sun Titan + Angelic Renewal + Goblin Bombardment
>>
I'm thinking of building Azusa Stax 'n Ramp. Is it a decent plan? Play a fuckton of land, get out some sphere of resistance or chalice effects, and ramp into a big finisher (such as tooth and nail or avenger of zendikar)?
>>
>>53403504

Eh, that's infinite damage, which is okay, but I'd rather do Infinite Combat steps.
>>
>>53403779
How do you draw cards?
>>
>>53404233

Harmonize, Ghirapur Orrery, Mind Stone, Sylvan Library, Sandstone Oracle, Yavimaya Elder, probably some others.
>>
File: 436970424654785.png (173KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
436970424654785.png
173KB, 258x322px
>>53404291

Meant Mind's Eye, not Mind Stone
>>
>>53401621
Wait... do discarded creature cards count for this for things like cheating something out?

Or does a creature need to specifically be on the battlefield to be counted as a creature and not as a card?
>>
>>53404545
He's pronably talking about gitrog, who just cares about land going to graveyard.
>>
>>53404545
>Whenever a creature dies, if another creature is on the battlefield, return the first card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
>>
>Opponent is playing Boros Angels
>Self-Mill both Puppeteer Clique and Vizier of Many faces
>Lazav as Commander has copied Reya, Dawnbringer
>Upkeep Bring back Clique, which yanks Sunblast Angel out of his Graveyard, blowing up his tapped, shrouded Gisela
>Vizier copies Clique and animates some other fuckhuge angel
>Swing with a shitload of Dimir boosted creatures with retarded things like double strike and lifelink

God damn I love Lazav.
>>
>>53401940
Painful Truths if you're three or more colors.
>>
>>53401940
Phyrexian Arena, Bloodgift Demon, Underworld Connections, Greed, Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, Sign in Blood
If you have a sac/reanimator theme you might want also Skullclamp, Disciple of Bolas, Dark Prophecy, Harvester of Souls and Grim Haruspex
>>
Thraximundar zombie tribal or Sidisi zombie tribal?
I have a boner for both dredge and bolas, help
>>
>>53405763

I have a friend who plays Sidisi and it's his best deck. I would pick Sidisi. He usually finishes the game with Lord of Extinction and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
>>
File: 1410154290141.jpg (109KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410154290141.jpg
109KB, 1136x640px
>>53404302

It's not fair that one man gets to be so good looking.
>>
Turned my Krenko deck into Prossh. Any fun degeneracy I can do that I won't find on EDH rec?
>>
File: 1401157419821.jpg (60KB, 829x706px) Image search: [Google]
1401157419821.jpg
60KB, 829x706px
>>53406279

>EDHrec
>>
File: 2566292_noblue.png (45KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
2566292_noblue.png
45KB, 184x184px
>>53406311
>not using edhrec for priming then using gatherer and decklists to find hidden tech
>i thought everyone else did this
>>
>>53406338
>he doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of the game and transcendent deck building skill
Plebs need to leave.
>>
>>53406279
>Prossh
>degeneracy
Don't, he's degenerate enough
>>
>>53406382
then share your wisdom oh grandmaster.

>>53406386
i love degeneracy. they have simple goals and i am a simple man.
>>
>>53406400
>then share your wisdom oh grandmaster.
How about you git gud instead?
>>
>>53406400
Food Chain, Earthcraft, Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Mana Echoes
These are the things that break Prossh, enjoy
>>
>>53406440
>that I won't find on EDH rec
but A for effort.
>>
>>53406468
I guess you can spoonfeed yourself then fag
>>
File: sdsdsd.png (568KB, 701x610px) Image search: [Google]
sdsdsd.png
568KB, 701x610px
>>53406490
OK let me rephrase that.

Thank you for posting that list of cards literally everybody already knows about. I sure didn't know about those cards, one of which I own several copies of.

I do appreciate the effort put forward. It's rare to see these days. Thank you.
>>
>What's your most fun deck? What makes it so fun? Does it make you feel like a unique snowflake?
A Queen Marchesa deck I call "Political Correctness". It's a pillowfort deck focused on making deals with other players and enticing them to attack other players to curry my favor. It's loads of fun and every game plays a bit differently. It also has a load of combo-stoppers like Rakdos Charm, Comeuppance, Delirium, tainted Remedy, and a bunch of others.
>>
rate my neheb deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nehebs-bullshit
>>
>>53406794
>wits end
patheitc/10
>>
File: sen-triplets-cropped.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
sen-triplets-cropped.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
So I took my sorta upgraded Breya precon and turned it into a Sen Triplets deck. Can I get some feedback on this deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sen-triples-2/
>>
Is there a good site to browse combos?
>>
>>53400708
Run every charm
>>
>>53406535
To be honest I always found camouflage hilarious in prossh
>>
>>53400011
>What's your most fun deck?
Reaper King. It's Clone Tribal, so it's really only as 'unfair' as whatever's across the board from it, so it scales pretty well to whatever table I'm at (up to a point- it obviously doesn't scale well to competitive decks). It's my go-to deck for playing with new people, because it won't overpower them, I still have a solid chance of winning, and I like to copy new shit I haven't copied before.
>>
>>53407108
Apparently I needed to deck cycle this. Please give feedback guys. It would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>53403232
Kiki and Combat Celebrant
>>
>>53400011

Kaervek the Merciless, I decked it out with every rakdos colored tax card I got my hands on so of course its special snowflake Because who the fuck runs a 7+CMC commander besides Kozilek?
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
134KB, 223x311px
What is good card draw in red and green? I built a Mina and Denn, Wildborn deck and the one time I played it I ran out of lands to play after a few turns.
>>
>>53400743
Marchesa can't permanently steal commanders with threaten effects, just so you know.
>>
>>53400011
gwafa easily. it almost never wins but the amount of political shit i can do is amazing. makes me feel like the illuminati of my play group
>>
>>53407532
Kool-aid elemental is a thing, as well as Maelstorm, or anything that wants it and has G in identity.
>>53407578
Greater good, shamanic revelation, Rishkar's Expertiese, Natural bond, Garruk's Pack leader, red wheel effects. You're supposed to have fatties so creature based draw shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>53407578
Most of your draw is gonna be creature-based (cantripping dudes like Elvish Visionary, 'draw per creature' things like Soul of the Harvest). Also, Harmonize, which is literally a green Concentrate.
>>
File: dready.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dready.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
can i sacrifice phyrexian dreadnought to ghoulcaller gisa in response to the ETB trigger and get 12 zombies for 2 mana?
>>
>>53407635
Sure can. Until Dreadnought's trigger resolves, it's on the field unsacced, so you can sac it to something else for value in the meantime. Then the original trigger resolves and does Sweet Fanny Adams.
>>
>>53407128
Theres a thread on MTGS that lists every infinite combo.
>>
File: 1495132865422.jpg (141KB, 346x394px) Image search: [Google]
1495132865422.jpg
141KB, 346x394px
>>53400011
Darretti. It's fun cause others stop having fun. Yes, i feel like a special snowflake cause the only thing i do is use nukes.
>>
>>53407635
yes but then you still have to sac 6 of the 12 zombies
seems ok to me!
>>
>>53408060
can't you just decide to bury the phyrexian even if it's not on the battlefield?
>>
>>53408060
It's an "or" clause so he can choose sac the Dreadnaught he already sacced and have it fizzle.
>>
>>53408098
Hmm that might be the case
id have to ask a judge though
>>
>>53403232
Just use speed of feast and famine with reckless assault to take infinite combat.
>>
>>53408175
If only one had already >>53407650
>>
File: Rare Kyro.png (362KB, 1114x695px) Image search: [Google]
Rare Kyro.png
362KB, 1114x695px
>>53408230
how am I supposed to know if hes a judge or just some asshole on an autonomous message board?
>>
>>53408175
Even if Dreadnought is gone, you can just choose not to sacrifice 12 power worth of creatures, even if Dreadnought's already dead. The 'default' of it is "sacrifice Dreadnought", because that's BEFORE the 'unless'.
>>
>playing Rally/Aristocrats Anafenza, the Foremost
>people keep playing board wipes
>carrion feeder has darksteel armor on it
>have hardened scales
>sac my board to it
>next turn, rally, sac my board to it again
>swing in for like 70 on this dude

i love this deck
>>
>>53409408
>casting a board wipe while an indestructible Carrion Feeder is on board
Are your opponents braindead?
>>
>>53409423
They must be. Or maybe they thought I couldn't swing for lethal on the backswing. It's not like they knew I had Rally.
>>
>>53409449
Even without the Rally, I can't imagine many situations where "Make sure that guy has an indestructible 30/30" is a smart move.
>>
>>53409480
One time I had Winding Constrictor and Hardened Scales in play, played Elspeth, Sun's Champion, +1, played Oath of Ajani (had other creatures on the board) and then on my end step they Krosan Gripped the Hardened Scales??? I was thinking, "what the fuck. why did they let me get like 20 power on the board BEFORE they gripped the Hardened Scales?"
>>
>>53409523
Yeah. I don't mean to disparage people, but I've noticed a lot of people overestimate the strength of their decks because the people they play with have awful threat assessment.
>>
>>53409550
oh yeah for sure. But, I've had instances where I've been planning on playing my own boardwipes and they just start firing them off instead. And the Anafenza deck is supposed to be a little powered down. It's just fun as shit to play.
>>
>>53409550
>dude gonti'd my aura shards
>instead of destroying my pattern of rebirth he goes for ramp artifact of the other guy
>topdeck outlet
>win

makes you wonder
>>
>>53409626
Yeah. Or people carrying grudges across MULTIPLE games. There was one guy in my group who would just gun for me, ignoring everyone else, and throwing everything he had at either killing me or disrupting my shit, for literal weeks.

Because I stopped his convoluted ass 10 card combo -once-.
>>
>>53409655
Fucking Bryan
>>
>>53404233
Horn of greed is my favourite lowkey gas card for landsmatter.dec, as it is assymetric enough that people usually leave it along. Of course you have to abuse tap and play land creatures
>>
>>53409655
I usually assume that people with bad threat assessment are usually newer/more casual players who aren't familiar with how powerful certain cards are or are bad at following triggers. Carrying a grudge, however, is just irritating.
>>
>>53409550
Last night i lost a game because i completely forgot Acidic Slime could hit lands
>>
>>53409689
You'd hope. I love my group, generally speaking, but every now and then they'll just go full retard and I'll have no response but "REALLY?". These are guys who have been playing for at least 8 years, every one of them, and every now and then you'll see a Disenchant aimed at my Propaganda while they have 3 creatures, and the opponent has a Debtor's Knell.
>>
>>53409708
I mean, that's not poor threat assessment, that's just a brain fart. That happens.
>>
>>53409655
Tbqfh i got used to being gunned down, no matter how casual the deck, since I'm the combo player of the lgs (karador weaver/hulk). I kinda understand it since most folk play unoptimized mess like swamp king 'i just put whatever i had at hand, literally'.dek. Other combo players from scion to fucking Krond go eh whatever on being targetted. Like we have our token superfriend atraxa, guy has 4 mana and doubling season on field, nothing else. They know how he goes soltaire with it everytime and still they go play their battlecruiser wasting effects on other stuff.
>>
>>53409708
DEN+Acidic Slime is my favorite form of MLD.
>>
>>53402750
Ayli gives you a good endgame, but you could also get sneaky and just instawin off Aetherflux, Test, Sovereign, or so on

Green has some potent repeatable lifegain and can really power the Soul Sisters gain route, which might well be the fastest (Saffi Soul Sisters will really sneak up on you). If you absolutely must have black for the sap-and-pay package, any Abzan commander could do it. Ghave goes infinite with Doubling Season (Or paralell lives/anointed procession) and Ashnod's altar and having infinities that play into your strategy in an incomplete state is a good thing. But you could also, weirdly enough, go Sidar/Tymna to poke with the soul sisters and draw some cards.
>>
>>53409713
If you go "REALLY?" and throw a fit, people will assume you're just being overly defensive of your own board state which will give them validity in their choice of target. Instead, calmly suggest other targets, like "wouldn't you rather use it on that Debtors' Knell? that shit's gonna run out of control fast".
It's probably not going to work the first couple of times because they'll assume you're just trying to divert attention away from yourself, but if you do it consistently enough (and do it even when your own stuff isn't being targeted), people will start to realize that you're being honest and your threat assessment is up to snuff and they'll finally listen to you.
>>
Is there any commander EDH content you guys would like to see on YouTube? Like, something different than what is already on there?
>>
So my deck has lots of stuff that makes tokens when they die, think I have just about everything available in that theme (Chasm Skulker, Reef Worm, Hooded Hydra, Hangarback Walker, Wurmcoil, etc)

Was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the best creatures for on going token making? (No white). I have Grave Titan, Kessig Cagebreakers, Mycoloth, and r/g Omnath so far. Just need creatures that give great token value for one card.
>>
>>53409874
I'd like to see someone talk a lot of shit about faggot Spikes from Modern that ruin the format as a whole, would be sick thanks
>>
>>53409864
I never said I 'threw a fit'. Thank you for assuming that I'm childish.
>>
>>53409864
If they think a Propaganda is more dangerous than a Debtor's Knell, it's kind of a waste of breath to try to convince them otherwise.
>>
>>53409874
Playing Multiplayer for fun instead of super bleeding edge hardcore win at all cost bullshit.
>>
>>53409874
Playing 1v1 for super bleeding edge hardcore win at all cost instead of fun bullshit.
>>
>>53409955
With that level of pessimism you'll be stuck with a shitty group forever.
>>
>>53409955
>>53409864
But what if your Propaganda was keeping you secure while you waited for a wincon, and what if the Debtor's Knell player didn't have anything all that threatening in his graveyard?

If they've been playing for 8 years, there's a mother fucking reason they killed your Propaganda. Don't be that much of a faggot.
>>
>>53410009
I mean, there's "Fuck, I didn't see the Debtor's Knell", or "I have an answer for that, but that answer won't hit your Propaganda and I'm about to Hoof Daddy". That's fine.

Then there's "Dude, there's a Debtor's Knell right there." "YOURS IS A BIGGER TARGET." Attack with a 3/3, pass turn, they reanimate Elesh Norn.
>>
>>53410025
This was supposed to tag >>53409713
Sorry.
>>
>>53410025
Sometimes there is, yeah.

Sometimes they're just fucking stupid. Some of the worst players I know have been playing for 10 years. I wouldn't bat an eye at someone ignoring a Knell with empty graveyards, but that's not the situation I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a situation where Propaganda is clearly the better target, I'm talking about where it's absolutely the lesser one.

Let's change it to "a 1/1 token deck that's been basically hated off the board by an Elesh Norn choosing to Doom Blade an Inferno Titan".
>>
>>53410044
And in the second scenario, calmly remind them of their action and its consequences. Eventually people will learn things, you just have to make them realize that you're speaking from a neutral point of view, not as their opponent.
>>
>>53410086
Yeah, when "You sure you don't wanna hit the Debtor's Knell? He's got combo pieces in his graveyard" doesn't work the first 30 times, you stop bothering.
>>
>>53409655
What constitutes a grudge in most meta? Attacking an open player because they won the previous game because of some cheap combo that they always tutor for or targetting them with sadistic sacrament? That's fair game to me, granted I usually leave players who got immensely mana flooded/fucked alone unless I know what their deck is usually capable of

>>53409675
Don't start this shit again we have had 5 threads go without this
>>
>>53410139
>So I called Bryan a faggot and slammed the door in his face
>>
>>53410095
>>53410044
>>53409951
>>53409713
Why does the scenario keep changing with each post?
>>
>>53410153
>no punctuation and similar typing pattern
Be gone, pretender
>>
>>53409874
A group that acknowledges that people actually have moods that change and play both cutthroat combo and more relaxed casual games.
>>
So is 1v1 commander on mtgo dead guys?
>>
>>53409874
I just wish Clonehead was more active :(
Good editing with funny and insightful conmentary is good. Screw unedited, full gameplays, those just put me to sleep.
>>
>>53409879
Mimic Vat, Bloodline Keeper
>>
>>53408333
because gA runs the Ask a Judge threads that pop up on /tg/ from time to time, we all know he's a judge.
>>
>>53410175
>GOALPOSTS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>53410139
I'd say a grudge is "Making a play that doesn't really make sense because you're mad at that player". SadSaccing the combo player to cut them off at the pass, even if they're not CURRENTLY threatening a win? Sure- you know what they can do, and it's totally reasonable to do. So is zeroing in on a player you know can win out of nowhere, and refusing to let them set up.

Playing a Turn 1 Strip Mine to blow up a Turn 1 Forest just because you're assmad at that player is a grudge.
>>
>>53409879
Giant Adephage, Utvara Hellkite, Skyline Despot, Dragon Broodmother, Dragonmaster Outcast, Sandwurm Convergence, Phyrexian Processor, Rampaging Baloths
>>
>>53411031
>Playing a Turn 1 Strip Mine to blow up a Turn 1 Forest

That is a valid play though
>>
>>53411338
>set the entire game back 1 turn for two people and not for anyone else in the game
>valid play
>not a painfully obvious grudge against that 1 player
>>
>>53411338
Yeah, I should've said "Plains".
>>
>>53411338
If it was an island you may have had a point.
>>
>>53411364
A typical turn 1 forest is usually exploration

>>53411368
>>53411371
All land destruction is valid as are prateors
>>
>>53411418
And they would've played the Exploration if they had it, and the Strip Mine player wouldn't have been able to stop it. The most they could do would be destroy the Forest after Exploration is cast.
>>
>>53411418
>keeping a hand with only one land
>green not ramping its own face off
Either way you're retarded.
>>
>>53411368
With a plains they can cast Serra Ascendant, a literal flying 6/6 lifelinker for 1. Hope you have a Mental Misstep in hand.
>>
File: 1486565033726m.jpg (146KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486565033726m.jpg
146KB, 764x1024px
>>53411455
But instead of having 2 lands they only have 1 which is more likely to make them concede
>>53411481
Let me have my fun anon
>>
>>53411488
And if they had, you playing Strip Mine AFTERWARDS did fuck-all.
>>
>>53411481
You don't have to have a 1 land hand for a turn 1 Strip Mine to put you and the asshole who used it behind the other 2 players.
>>
>>53404545
>Or does a creature need to specifically be on the battlefield to be counted as a creature and not as a card?

Think of it this way: Can you Unsummon something in a player's graveyard?
>>
>>53411505
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>53411579
Lighten up faggot
>>
*slams door in your face*
>>
File: bryanposting isn't funny.gif (1MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
bryanposting isn't funny.gif
1MB, 497x280px
>>53411669
>>
Beam me up with a ridiculous theme for a new deck. So done with trying to find a competitive deck I would enjoy.

Bonus points for a theme that wouldn't require me ordering a lot of old-bordered crap from the store and waiting a couple of weeks
>>
>>53411949
>Ridiculous theme
Dude shut the fuck up, he'll post his decks again
>>
>>53411949
Group hug that has Zhur-taa Ancient, Dictate of Karametra, Mana Flare etc. The the idea is to hit the enemy with double damage Banefires or other big X-spells (Fireball and all the other). You have to also have a few counterspells available when people start using your mana doublers too aggressively and to stop dem infinite combos.
>>
File: Akiri-Sidar.png (259KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
Akiri-Sidar.png
259KB, 446x311px
>>53411949
Naya artifact tokens with Akiri and Sidar Kondo.
Been playing it a couple months now, it's actually really fun.
Go wide with Myr/Servo/Thopter/Clue tokens to use Sidar's ability, tall with Akiri and equipment.
Also helps that Sidar's ability can be kinda politic-y, but you usually have to directly remind other players that he works for them too.

https://deckstats.net/deck-13207096-ee8aef2fa987c119f1994b0a33743498.html
>>
File: 206.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>53412011
How about this guy? Or green is essential for saprolings and enchantments?

>>53412005
Seems nice, but we already got a plenty of cuh-ray-zee mana production in the meta

Had seen a /fit/ themed aggro deck idea. Not sure about the commander, Boorish Tarl+Reyhan seems ok, but there are also occasional jacked blue dudes
>>
>>53412228
Green was for the token doubling enchantments, Oviya Pashiri, and mana ramp.
Jor Kadeen's alright too, but I wanted to make it Naya Artifacts.
>>
>>53412228
>Not running partners

What are you, retarded?
>>
What is the single most competitive/strongest mono color commander
>>
>>53412462
Probably Azami or Arcum, considering U is the strongest mono-color in EDH.
>>
>>53412462
Based on EDH tournament results:
>White
>Implying

>Blue
Talrand
Arcum
Azami

>Black
Mikaeus
Sidisi
Skithiryx

>Red
Daretti
Krenko
Purphoros

>Green
Yisan
Ezuri
Titania
>>
>>53412940
Is Sidisi actually a thing? I thought it was just a new version of the Memelen of the Mornsong thing, and it falls apart if you disrupt it.
>>
>>53412497
I'd say mono-green gives mono-blue a run for its money.
>>
>>53413009
Sidisi is combo spam.
There are enough different combos you can get that you just keep going for it until it works.
>>
>>53412462
Sidisi, Yisan, Arcum, Azami, or Selvala.
>>
Is it essential to have a gradual slope mana curve? If not, when is it okay to not have one? Currently my deck has gradual up and done curve peaking at 3, but then I only have 2 6's and a big spike of like 5 7's. There's a lot of ramp so I assume this is okay.
>>
>>53413009
You just do nonsense like Necrotic Ooze with Phyrexian Devourer and Walking Ballista/Triskelion in the yard. Once the pieces are in place, it can't be disrupted without Split Second, since you just go off on top of the removal anyway. As long as the rest of your deck has a high enough CMC to kill everyone or you just get Infect on the Ooze, you're good.
>>
>>53413328
>>53413224
Ah, so you just cram a billion combos into the deck and use your repeatable tutor Commander to facilitate it.
>>
I want to make an Orzhov deck and I'm eyeing up Daxos the returned.

Would it be smarter to start from scratch or buy the precon and upgrade from there?
>>
>>53413471
Also, you can get away with just actually letting Sidisi die instead of putting him back in the Command Zone, then every reanimate spell you don't need for your combo becomes a tutor.
>>
>>53409874
Speaking of YouTube, I wonder if anyone from the command zone podcast, starcity commander versus, mana source, or even the professor sees things posted here.

Personally, I want to see more things like Commander Versus. That shits fun as hell.

Commander Versus where each point they lose in a game is a shot of alcohol would be severely entertaining to watch.
>>
>>53412940
>Ezuri more competitive than Selvala
Wut
>>
>>53412940
>white
>implying

anon, it hurts enough already. why rub it in.
>>
>>53412011
Anon, this deck is 101 cards.
>>
>>53414778
Yea, I just figured that out and removed Gutteral Response.
I keep forgetting that Partners make the main deck 98 instead of 99.
Doesn't help that it's the only Partner deck I have, because I hate UGx decks and the only good Partner commanders are the UG ones.
>>
>>53414821
>implying Reyhan isn't good
>>
all partner commanders are bad
>>
File: Auriana2.png (268KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Auriana2.png
268KB, 720x540px
So I decided to splurge on my gitrog deck, did I forget anything?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-bffbig-freakin-frog/
>>
>>53412940
this is for a 1v1 tournament
1v1 is way different than 4 man games
>>
>>53414853
Because I actually want to run Reyhan.

Who do you partner her up with, and what can you actually do with Reyhan that makes her usable.
>>
>>53414905
It's a little awkward to run 11 things that can find basic lands (although several of them ARE true fetches that can find Bayou and Tomb) and only 12 basics. Lake of the Dead's gonna be fucky with only 6 Swamps unless you can get Urborg out. I think you can trim the fat a bit on your lands (I 'get' using the Panoramas in Gitrog, but you can run the 7 true fetches; ditto on Expanse/Wilds, and I'm not impressed by the Karoo here) and flesh out your basics a bit more. I'm also not super sold on the Grasping Dunes, even in Gitrog, but I haven't tested it, so.

Invoker is a cute manasink, but not really that great- it's unlikely that you'll have 8 mana in this deck and not have something better to use it on. Druid/Quillspike combo is eh, I'd trim it.
>>
Hi fa/tg/uys, yesterday I had my first game versus That Guy. I mean the one with the "chaos deck". We were 4 players, we were drawing from each other's decks, flipping fucking coins for every action, with targets decided by random players, while every spell cas was copied 4 times with random targets. And we were wheel of fortuning a whole lot.

It was fucking hell, the worst EDH game I ever had. The guy forgot half of his own fucking triggers, tried to draw from his deck even with his own cards specifically preventing that, was randomly shouting "HEADS" or "TAILS" every time he flipped a coin and laughed for 30 seconds every other card he drew...
>>
>>53414954
The best options are Tana since she has trample and gives you value in tokens, or one of the Orzhov dudes. Also while Reyhan has virtually zero synergy with the UG guys, Simic has enough +1/1 counter shenanigans to make it worth investigating further.

Or you can just drop Reyhan into the 99 for Mazirek or Glissa with Arcbound tribal but that's kind of missing the point of partner, isn't it?
>>
>>53414933
No, I compared 1v1 and multiplayer tournaments, anon.
>>
>>53415033
Tana's really not very good, though. She 'gives you value in tokens' by having you beat people to death with your Commander.
>>
File: thallidgerminator.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thallidgerminator.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53415081
But tokens help you beat people to death, anon...
>>
>>53415033
I run Ravos with Tana, because I want access to white, and I rather use Ravos to recur a dead tana, then pay 6+! mana for her.
>>
>>53415111
>Thallid Germinator
>1 token every 3 turns
pls anon

unless i can do something about that without Doubling Season. I don't have $60.
>>
File: utopiamycon.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
utopiamycon.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53415081
>>53415111
...or ramp you like a madman (also see Ashnod's/Phyrexian Altar)
>>
>>53415111
The thing is, she literally won't make you but 20 tokens before you've killed someone. There's easier and less risky ways of making tokens in R/G than by sidewaysing a 4 mana 2/2. And honestly, you're gonna need to be using some pump spells or Voltron cards for her to even do damage after turn 4, because there's no way in hell they don't have a 3/3 by then to block her.

She's going in two directions. Her ability wants you to maximize the damage she's doing, but "rewards" you with resources for a wholly different strategy. Now, in the 99, she's not TOTALLY awful, because she can connect more without auto-killing someone, but she's still not great.
>>
>>53414986
So you're saying I should add more basics?
>>
>>53415184
I'd trim your Panoramas and the Terramorphic Expanse and the Evolving Wilds and put in more basics, yeah. Probably your Karoo, too. I'm not a huge fan of those.
>>
>>53415159
>>53415111
Except Ghave does everything you're claiming Tana does so well, only better. There's no reason to run Tana over a different set of partners that get you the same colors, and there's no reason to run Tana over a different Gruul commander (and there are plenty of good Gruul commanders), and there's no reason to run Tana over Ghave.
>>
>>53414954
Reyhan + Ishai is obvious and great btw.
>>
>>53415156
Tana generates Saprolings
>>53415161
If you can reliably pump up to 21, you don't even need partners and should probably just run Jerrard of the Closed Fist or whatever. It's incremental gains, you make tokens, sac those tokens to make even more tokens, etc. Or you can use them as a different kind of resource, come on, you're playing Jund and you can't utilize small critters for something?
>>
>>53415228
There's no reason to play anything but Doomsday Zur and Food Chain Tazri/Prossh either, why shouldn't we though?
>>
File: 1476995708372.jpg (48KB, 446x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476995708372.jpg
48KB, 446x640px
>all these people shit-talking others and proclaiming "my deck would own yours" when they are built with completely different goals and powerlevels in mind
Why do these people exist? Surely you aren't so autistic you think everyone playing EDH makes their decks to be as streamlined and efficient as possible?
Most people do try to make their decks good, but put restraints on themselves in term of themes, pricing and personal preference. Just because you made that Hermit Druid deck doesn't make you the hottest shit in town, and I'm sure it would win, but these decks were built for another format, which is "casual EDH" and not "competetive EDH".
You people who show up to a casual format to "crush" under-tuned decks are the worst, I have 10 EDH decks with me, all vastly varying in powerlevel and playstyle, so I always have a deck that fits the playgroup I am with. Including cut-throat "competetive" EDH groups.
>>
>>53415258
>How dare you not want to come eat shit with me and my shit eating friends? Wanting an actual meal, you disgust me.
If you meet one Spike you met a Spike. If everyone you meet is a Spike maybe you're bad.
>>
>>53415241
Or you can just use one of the existing cards that makes tokens without you having to jump through hoops first.

Tana is not a good card. She does two things poorly and zero things well. Both of the things she does poorly are done better by existing options.
>>
>>53415258
"I wanna play Tana because it's fun" or "I like a challenge, so I'm going to make a Tana deck instead of a Ghave deck" are perfectly fine reasons to build a deck.

Insisting that a 4 mana 2/2 with no evasion and no protection is a good Voltron, or that a 4 mana 2/2 that only makes tokens when it deals combat damage to a player is a great "base" to build a token-centric deck around are not fine reasons. They are both inaccurate. You can build decks of varying power levels- that's fine. You can enjoy building lower powered decks; that's fine too. But you cannot really argue that Tana is a strong Commander, or even a good one. She tops out at 'mediocre', and that's me being generous.
>>
>>53415285
But you also wouldn't take your Squire Tribal deck and screech about how it's super strong, would you?
>>
>>53415286
>stop liking things I don't like
If you insist on being an insufferable spikefag and mocking other people's fun, then maybe you really should consider a different format.
>>
>>53400651
Dralu seems fun as it gets.

He is basically begging to get burned, though.
>>
>>53415355
Yeah, you really need at least 2 "haha no you don't" outlets before you drop Dralnu, just to be safe.
>>
>>53415351
But there's nobody screeching about super strength except some prissy autists complaining about partners.
>>
>>53415353
If your fun is building Craw Wurm and masturbating while shrieking about how the guy suggesting you play Bane of Progress instead is a tryhard spike faggot then maybe you really should consider suicide.
>>
>>53415407
I mean, all I'm seeing is "Tana is a good Commander", followed by "not really, she kinda sucks", followed by "NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE FOOD CHAN TAZRI".
>>
>>53415417
I'll have my Craw Wurm deck and you can't stop me, thank you for licking my asshole though.
>>
>>53415219
I didn't have any karoo lands in that list...
Do you think I should increase the number of lands in it and what I should drop? I'm too much of a fag to not take out quillspike and druid
>>
>>53415436
>"Tana is a good Commander"
Please direct me to the post in which this phrase was said. The beginning of the exchange literally was "[Reyhan's] best options [for pairing] are Tana [...] or one of the Orzhov dudes."
>>
>>53415450
You have Golgari Rot Farm. That's a Karoo. And I think 41 lands is okay- I run like 44, personally.
>>
>>53415466
In no universe is Tana a "best option" for anything.

"Best", if you were unaware, is a superlative of "good". It goes "Good", "better", "best". Calling something 'best' implies 'good' by default.
>>
>>53415496
Then feel free to suggest some better options, you nitpicking cunt.
>>
>>53415516
To partner with Reyhan? Not many of the options mesh with her ability, so it'd be a question of "Do you want your second Commander to be for a second theme/strategy, or for the colors?" and go from there. If you decide you wanna go Jund, I'd honestly go with Vial-Smasher over Tana.
>>
>>53415516
Playing Mazirek with Reyhan in the 99.
>>
>>53415516
>STOP MOVING THE GOALPOSTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53415593
>Not many of the options mesh with her ability
One of the options that does mesh is Tana. Which is what the original post said before you started sperging around.
>>53415600
This I've also suggested, but it isn't "playing partner". Here I'll relink the original post since scrolling up seems to be too hard for some people >>53415033
>>
>>53415648
In what universe does "Overcosted 2/2 that makes tokens" mesh with "I transfer +1/+1 counters"? Again, that's you going for a Voltron-esque build where you pump up Tana, not Tana supporting Reyhan. And if you're building Jund Voltron, you have better options than that.
>>
>>53415648
Ishai. Fuck off.
>>
>>53415688
Well Reyhan's ability pretty much literally says "pump stuff up", which plays into a voltron strategy. 4 color decks tend to be clunky manabase-wise, so I suggested somebody to keep Reyhan in tri-color.
>>53415692
You should go see a doctor, you seem to have a stick up your arse.
>>
>>53415761
Again, you are now building a Tana deck supported by Reyhan for a shitty Jund Voltron, rather than using Tana to further what Reyhan wants to do.

And, again, this is not even a good deck. You want a "Stuff dying" and "+1/+1 counters" deck in Jund colors that has Voltron as an option? It's called Kresh the Bloodbraided.
>>
>>53415496
Not necessarily. Depends on what it's the best of, and the quality of that group relative to everything else.

For instance:

"Baron Sengir is the best card in homelands"
and
"Baron Sengir is shit (and thus, not good)"

Can both be true statements.

Tara can be terrible, but as long as every other option for paring with Reyhan is worse, it's a true statement.
>>
>>53415798
>And, again, this is not even a good deck.
So? Don't get me wrong I like Kresh, but why not mess around with somebody else once in a while when I have the option?
>>
>>53415905
If you wanna? go for it.

The argument was about what would make the deck good. Reyhan + Tana "Voltron" is not good. It's Shitty Kresh. If you wanna play it because it's fun, that's fine, but don't change the argument because your original target held no water.
>>
>>53415761
>here's something better
>yeah but here's [arbitrary restriction i pulled out of my ass lul u mad?]
Fuck off.
>>
>>53412462
in MTP I'd say Teferi PW. He just breaks parity so hard in a STAX shell
>>
>>53415931
>The argument was about what would make the deck good.
This was never the argument. Which is what nobody suggested anything (except the "Ishai, fuck off" one liner guy giving people an in-depth primer on Reyhan in commander), because everybody was too preoccupied with parroting that Tana is overcosted. Let's return back to the main point. How would you build Reyhan in commander?
>>
>>53416036
I wouldn't. Ask me how I'd prepare a rotting skunk carcass to eat.
>>
>>53416099
How would you prepare a rotting skunk carcass to eat?
>>
>>53416099
Well now you've got me interested, you sound like an expert.
>>
>>53416129
I wouldn't. Ask me if I'd like to be kicked in the dicks.
>>
>>53416146
I don't like asking rhetorical questions.
>>
>>53413902
If you want to go enchantments the precon is good enough to buy and upgrade. Tomir's article is still pretty good.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-20-call-the-spirits-upgrade
>>
Have you ever won a game where no matter what happens you draw nothing but heat
>winning as avacyn with a sofaf equipped sun titan have a 2 card combo that will break the gamestake and make me win
>get warpworlded by 4c combo deck
>have the most permenents because of my sun titan, 11
>player with 2nd most permenants hits 7 lands
>i hit all value and 4 lands, including a knight of the white lotus and flickerwisp
>get two lands
>spend 5 turns restabilising, ramping with an oreskos explorer I drew and making value plays to force tasigur to exile his removal while also stoping a cloudstone curio combo
>i finally have control of the board again, avacyn is out again and by now Ive played a marshals anthem
>same 2 cards in hand from before
>untap cast splintertwin on avacyn
>nobody wants to block
>swing at both players, tasigur surviving at one hit from lethal from 3 of my 5 creatures
>4c scoops after attackers are declared so no blocks
>tasigur only has tasigur and a drs, i know his only card in hand because i gave it to him
>wrath of god, tap avacyn sac the token and make my board indestructible
>tasigur draws then scoops
>>
>>53413902
>>53416181
>inb4 reeeee daxos enchantress is just a shitty zur
>>
>>53416146
Would you like to be kicked in the dicks?
>>
>>53416144
You have to clean it VERY well. It's entirely possible that the scent glands have been pierced, in which case you're going to have to toss about half of it, unless you appreciate the deep musky flavor of skunk scent. Which, considering where we are, isn't impossible.
>>
>>53416223
I wouldn't.
>>
>>53415258

>This guy still thinks we on Tazri and Zur

We Sidisi BT now for absurd combo commander
>>
>>53416240
>Which, considering where we are, isn't impossible.
Well I dunno, I just tried smelling my screen and this thread seems fairly scentless, though on your side it probably smells like dried cum.
>>
>>53416217
That's a fair opinion, but it's also an interesting take on WB. Personally I'm an Ayli/Baby Teysa fan.
>>
Hey /edhg/ i have a question for you: should i build Kokusho or Meren?
I tend to be pretty autistic about decks that feel or play similar and i don't want two similar decks, that's the reason why i dropped my Ghave deck to keep Prossh, they both are based on shitting out a shitload of tokens and winning with them. So wich reanimator deck should i keep and why?
btw my Meren deck is dredge+living death with a etb abuse subtheme while Kokusho is just black goodstuff with a lot of reanimation and lifegain abuse.
>>
>>53416535
You shouldn't build anything but Sidisi. You should also consider killing yourself since you already posted here and all.
>>
File: 1489389468362.jpg (29KB, 491x368px) Image search: [Google]
1489389468362.jpg
29KB, 491x368px
>>53416571
Wich Sidisi though?
>you should kys
Already working on that
>>
Are all alternate costs subject to commander tax? Specifically, Ith's suspend cost.
>>
>>53416535
Meren has a more flexible game plan than "cycle kokusho"

Also: black can't deal with artefacts or enchantments at all. Green is best at dealing with artefacts/enchantments.
>>
>>53416754
I'm not a judge, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I'm fairly certain Alternate costs don't increase with commander tax.
Also, Suspend is an activated ability - not an alternate cost - and it can only be activated from your hand, so no you cannot use Suspend on any legendary from the command zone.
>>
Just got the Yidris precon deck.

Should I build it into a straight Storm build or try using Vial Smasher instead?
>>
>>53416850
>Suspend is an activated ability
Actually, meant static ability, not activated.
>>
>>53416850
That's fairly disappointing. Thank you though.
>>
>>53416754
Suspend isnt subject to commander tax but it requires the card be in your hand. Alternate casting costs are subject to commander tax but suspend isnt directly an alternate casting cost.
>>
>>53416754
Only hardcasting the commander increases his tax - and I honestly wish they would change it, because that way Derevi wouldn't be so degenerate.
>>
If you could use any one Legendary, not just creature, as your commander, what would it be and why would it be Skyship Weatherlight?
>>
>>53417045
Any casting of a commander increases the commander tax count.
Derevi's ability isn't casting it at all, it's directly put onto the battlefield.
>>
>>53417091
5 color Genju of the Realm
mono-B Elbrus
>>
>>53417129
Of course, what I'm suggesting is that a rule should be set that commander tax applies to command zone's activated abilities as well.
>>
>>53417230
So you want a rule that literally says "Derevi is no longer a viable commander."
>>
>>53417266
Would Derevi be no longer a viable commander just because removal could finally affect him like everybody else?
>>
>>53417295
The problem isn't Derevi, it's that Wizards made commanders that do shit from the command zone.
Derevi and Oloro are cancer, and the EDH people making tuck no longer work only made it worse.
>>
>>53403372
Sounds like you'd be a cunt to play with, I would just kill you first.
>>
>>53416625
Considering you said two mono-black commanders and they responded with something that could either be wedge or mono-black, I think it's easy to figure out.
>>
>>53417364
>Meren
>two mono-black
>>
>>53417230
Thats stupid as fuck
>>
>>53417379
Got her confused with Maralen.
Moral of the story: Nobody should ever even think of Maralen. It's a mistake no matter the context.
>>
>>53416894
storm is only for auistmical spurglords
>>
>>53416625
Meren is probably the truest to the 'Necromancer' type reanimator. Fun deck from what I've seen people play around me. I know I definetly respect it. Would recommend. Kokusho gets outdone by Gary and is just lackluster in mono black.
>>
>>53409845
>Saffi Soul Sisters
Do you have a list for this? Why Saffi?
>>
>>53417811
I assume because with the right pieces in play Saffi can create infinite ETBs.
>>
>>53417327
>oloro
>cancer
oloro does almost nothing though, 2 life isn't that big a deal and the worst decks that use him never even cast him
don't blame oloro for degenerate deck builders
>>
>>53418263
worst meaning, as I hope I implied, the strongest and nastiest like doomsday
>>
>>53418263
>don't blame oloro for degenerate deck builders

No, feel free to do so. Oloro is a free Emblem, something that rewards you for literally nothing. He's a small advantage these decks get for no reason at all.

Oloro should never have been printed.
>>
>>53418263
Oloro and derevi are a mistake
>>53417601
Kokusho and Gary shine together.
>>
>>53418412
Any card that says "Command Zone" is a mistake.
>>
>>53418472
>>53418412
I forgot that conspiracies are placed in the command zone. Those are fine when people want to play Conspiracy.
>>
>>53418472
Reyhan is alright. Commanders not counting for cards that care when creatures die is a bit of a mechanical fumble that could go either way. It works the way it does now because that's how it had to, but it's not necessarily by design. You could possibly take it as a flavor thing, but that's up to personal taste.
>>
Is Athreos a cool commander?
>>
>>53418642
Coolness pros:
-The enchantment creature border is nice
-BW is a cool color combo but your options are limited if you don't like the ghost Jew flavor of orzhov
Cons:
-having a terrible and useless commander is not cool
>>
>>53418642
That's what frustrates me about this game. WB commanders. You have 5 from Theros, 5 Orzhov, Ayli, Kambal, Selenia, and Vish Kal. There's just frighteningly little variation there.
>>
>>53418738

Vish Kal makes me sad, I still like him, but, just a slight change here or there and he would be great, like he could've been 6cmc, boom way more viable. Or he could remove the counters 1 at a time to shrink stuff, boom, way more awesome
>>
>>53418738
Could be worse. You could be Boros and have all your choices be combat nonsense, Brion, or Avacyn.
>>
>>53418691
I have Athreos in my Anafenza aristocrats deck, and he's surprisingly useful when I start sacing everything. But I looked at EDHrec and he doesn't seem that cool as a commander.
>>
>>53418738
better than boros
>>
>>53419039
Stop reminding me that my favorite Guild and favorite two-color-combo have literally nothing but combat generals.
It's practically a meme by now that RW can only have combat oriented legendaries.
>>
>>53419058
brion sorta
>>
>>53419039
>>53418876
Difference is that black, green, and blue are good base colors, while red and white are supplemental colors. Red and white is doomed to failure since there are too many things that it can't do, while black and white should be able to handle everything between the two.
>>
File: dhh6X5W[1].png (813KB, 594x596px) Image search: [Google]
dhh6X5W[1].png
813KB, 594x596px
I'm kinda disappointed that the 5-color big baddy of Kamigawa is a 6/6 without haste or even indestructible. Kinda pales compared to other 5-color commanders.

But he'd fit right into the Kamigawa cube I built, I guess?
>>
File: 5qIQ6zA[1].png (633KB, 591x598px) Image search: [Google]
5qIQ6zA[1].png
633KB, 591x598px
Oh and here's the Ur-Dragon

HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT
>>
>>53419184

This guy is trash, very sad, and his art is very disappointing for a kamigawa spirit

>>53419202

9 mana is a lot but this guy is absolutely absurd, good synergy with scion of the UR dragon too
>>
>>53419184
Neat looking.

>>53419202
What the heck.
>>
>>53419202
>passive ability in the command zone returns
YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>53419202
>When ~ is in the command zone
FUCK YOU MAROOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>53419184
>>53419202
What are the other two then?
>>
>>53419202
>abilities that function from the command zone now have a keyword
It's like WotC holds a competiotion to see who comes up with the worst possible idea

that aside, HOLY SHIIIIIIIEEET
>>
>>53419285
other one*
Normal commander decks have 3 commanders, C16 only had 4 because of shitty Partner mechanic.
>>
>>53419202
>put a permanent
>PERMANENT
>>
File: ydu1DTc[1].png (655KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
ydu1DTc[1].png
655KB, 595x595px
>>53419285
>What are the other two then?
Sorry, I'm lazy, here's the other legendary and some other cards can be found here:
https://www.instagram.com/turn1thoughtseize/
>>
>>53419306
This one is at least playable, and it actually seems like fun.
>>
>>53419294
I was mistaken and thought these were two of the four "face" commanders for the next set, rather than being from the same deck.
>>
>>53419306
>look at flavor text
>Madara
So, can we now adapt the meme to /tg/ now without it being "off-topic"?
>>
File: zJ7as9B_d.jpg (45KB, 593x597px) Image search: [Google]
zJ7as9B_d.jpg
45KB, 593x597px
>>
>>53419184
>overcosted creature with an extremely narrow ability
>sort of mirrors Michiko Konda

Yep, that's a Kamigawa card alright.
>>
>>53419306
A three-colored partially black token with no color indicator on its token card? This won't cause any problems.
>>
>>53419345
What meme?
>>
>>53419358
CUTE
>>
File: oYFrXzl.jpg (502KB, 1205x1032px) Image search: [Google]
oYFrXzl.jpg
502KB, 1205x1032px
>>53419379
>>
>>53419345
Fine by me.

Technically it's Nicol Bolas's home country on Dominaria. I was hoping it'd be the setting of the next Return to Dominaria block, but since we're on his plane of Amonkhet now it seems unlikely.
>>
>>53419398
Madara is the place Nicol Bolas took over on Dominaria.
>>
>>53419374

Don't see why it would cause any problems considering this kind of token is only made by one specific creature
>>
>>53419413
>Bolas is MtG BBEG
>takes over place called Madara
>described as "Madara, a collection of islands reminiscent of Japan."
>Madara is Naruto BBEG
>Naruto is from Japan
>it all comes together
>>
>>53419454
>Madara is a Japanese word meaning "spotted" "speckled" or "mottled"
>>
>>53419438
Never underestimate casual players. It's weird the cats aren't monored.
>>
>>53419184
Even if it has nothing to do with the tribe, having a 5c legendary spirit is enough for me to consider building a janky spirit/arcane synergy deck.
>>
>>53418876
Kalemne, 4c akiri, and avacyn are pretty fun. Also the only boros commander they could really make is either a bearer of the heavens mld commander or a norin/ soul sister card. The only other overlaps boros has is nonstandard card draw, artifact synergy, and prowess. Unless they print a commander that mindmoils every time you crack a clue there isnt much room left to explore.
>>
>>53419533
Mindmoil is more UR than RW, like with Arjun.
>>
>>53419533
Except that we also have Jor Kadeen to let us know that something else COULD have been done. There's artifact support. They COULD have done "tap three artifacts you control, exile target permanent," or "tap [commander], add X mana in any combination of R and W, where X is the number of artifacts you control," or something like that, but instead they just went with "yeah, just give 'em first strike and +3/+0, it's Boros it does combat."
>>
>>53419533
>other overlaps

Doesn't have to be about overlaps, It could be two things each color can do separately that interact well together. Take examples like Gisa and Geralf, where their blue self-mill feeds their black psuedo-reanimation, Olivia Voldaren, whose red pinging enables her black creature control, or Tibor and Lumia, whose blue flight enabling abilities pairs perfectly with red's non-flying hate.
>>
>>53419557
The ability has been flavored as izzet but its still red, as are wheels in general. Mindmoiling everytime an artifact of yours died would feel very boros because you lost your weapon so you had to change your tactics and it gives a color starving for card draw a way to consistently get many cards. If it was worded as whenever an artifact you control leaves the battlefield it would be even better because it would let the opponent be able to exile your artifacts to for the wheel.
>>53419583
jor kadeen came out in one of the most broken blocks ever in a period where red was made to only do burn things or suck. The bigger disapointment is kalemnes "experience" mechanic
>>
>>53419762

Mindmoil doesn't actually give you more cards though, red has way more than enough hand cycling, what it needs is card volume, that's whites problem too
>>
>>53419202
I wonder if their Eminences will all be the same, or do different things each tribe. Something like milling every time you cast a zombie, or your creatures getting +1/+0 every time you cast a Soldier, etc.
>>
>>53419823
On one hand, I'd like them to be different so they aren't too same-y.
On the other hand, I do want them to be the same cost reduction because otherwise we're probably gonna get another Derevi/Oloro out of the new lot.
>>
>>53419844

Cost reduction for other tribes would be broken though for sure
>>
>>53419793
I'm imagining something where you tap, reveal the top card of your deck, and if its CMC is less then some number (commander's CMC? number of lands in play?) you draw it. Otherwise you burn a target, because that's how Red do.
>>
>>53419844
Doing the cost reduction on all of them would be a bit concerning, since it'd either mean they'd need to do only huge tribes, or it'd enable some ridiculously fast tribal aggro spam.

Imagine all Elves or Zombies costing 1 less to cast.
>>
>>53419850
Depends on what tribes they pick.
If it's the obvious and expected Merfolf/Elves/Zombies, then it might be a bit strong.
If they're lesser tribes like Human/Angel/Beast or something, not so much.
>>
>>53419877

Human would be super broken I think
>>
>>53419707
Those overlaps are the synergies. Avacyn exists so making an indestructable buff maker in boros would be redundant.
Putting faiths reward on a legend wouldnt do much and there are already a shitload of angels that reanimate in white
whites best card draw is from plains tutoring etbs and investigate and reds best draw is wheels and looting, neither has an obvious overlap unless you do something like omnath of rage where the single card forces the two mechanics to blend
both colors can mass remove just about everything, and can hit anything combined
both colors are heavy artifact colors and both colors have a huge dependance upon the card type
White and red are the only colors with planeswalkers who can deal combat damage
White is the equpitment and walker tutoring color while red can only tutor goblins or small dudes.
So basically the only room for edh now are a boros walker commander that probably has a recruiter/tutor ability and can go for the face which changes nothing and copies naihiri's unique space
A legend that utilizes old set mechanics, which wotc says they hate doing but they do it all the time.
A commander that itself causes boardwipes/mld and wants the faiths reward/boros charm type deck
an artifact synergy commander, which jor kadeen currently is
A combat commander, which already exists in every possible flavor
you could make a prowess commander, which shu yun already is and he adds blue.
Other than a pinger that deals its power
as damage and has a white untap ability the list of original ideas for boros is short.
>>
>>53419793
clues give you cards. Thats why i suggested this hypothetical legendary investigates and has an ability when artifacts die you mindmoil. That way you can use the red half to find cards and the white half of your deck to get more cards.
>>
>>53420050

Red and white are also hatebears and hate enchantments though, I could definitely see a RW commander breaking the mold with a Gaddock teeg type effect that is narrow in some sense but still wide enough to be useful as a commander

It could be Staxy or something
>>
>>53419184

5 Color, 6 mana, deal combat damage to exile 1.

No protection, no haste, nothing. Just a fucking big ass creature with a painful manacost to meet.

>>53419202

Trash desu

9 mana do nothing commander. Has to attack to do something

That was acceptable with Yidris from last year at 4 mana, but no excuse for a big ass 9 mana, 5 color dragon to have not do anything the turn it enters. You put ONE(1) permanent from the hand if it connects. Maelstrom Wanderer lets you put 2 random from your deck when cast, even if countered. 10 power is nothing when dealing with 40 hp.

Disappointed desu. Timmy bait of the worst kind
>>
>>53420108
Could be something about dealing with asymmetry. Either pulling yourself up or pulling other people down, such as:
>When ~ enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more lands than you, you may search your library for a Plains or Mountain card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
or
>As long as an opponent controls more lands than you, that opponent can only untap X lands during his or her untap step, where X is the number of lands you control.
>>
>>53420145
>10 power is nothing when dealing with 40 hp.

It's a bit more when dealing with 21 Commander Damage.
>>
>>53420145
>9 mana do nothing commander. Has to attack to do something
>I literally cannot read
Discounts all your dragons. Cast him. Swing with any dragon. Doesn't have to be him. Cheat out a permanent.
>>
>>53420278
4 mana Stormbreath Dragon is looking pretty damn good right now.
>>
>>53420108
Wr stacks is a thing but tax stax and redstax could be the most devistating stax card in the game. Between smoke, bloodmoon, hushwing, leonin arbiter, harshmentor, brisela and more you could make one if the strongest stax commanders, but I dont think wotc thinks too fondly of red stax effects. also it encroaches on ajanis design space but thats a good thing imo.
>>
>>53420372
As is 5 mana Hellkite Charger.
>>
File: watamote-01-annoying[1].png (833KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
watamote-01-annoying[1].png
833KB, 1366x768px
>>53420407
>As long as an opponent controls more creatures than you, creatures that player controls enter the battlefield tapped. The same is true for artifacts and lands.

Imagine the lockdowns.
>>
>>53419202
>the scion of the ur-dragon is better than the ur-dragon himself
What the fuck wizards?
>>
>>53420145

I think you're just anti Timmy

He's playable for 9 mana in metagames where you can ramp and play a few pieces of interaction until turn 5-6, so not competitive but that's expected for a 9 drop, still seems decent in many edh playgroups

Also he does do something the turn you play him. If you have dragons in play, he draws you cards that turn. Not easy to have multiple dragons in play at once, but I'm just saying

I don't think he's good but he actually seems pretty viable to me, at least in metagames where people are running stuff like roon and krenko
>>
>>53420582
The real fun is going to be using Scion as your commander with the Ur-Dragon in your 99.
>>
>>53419202
welp, looks like I'm buying a precon this time around
>>
>>53419202
Well I figured 5c dragons was going to be a deck, as well as merfolk wizard tribal.

If they decided to do overlap between decks I wouldn't be surprised to see g/w cat warriors.
>>
>>53419184
Maybe wizards also is going to print some sort of special tuck effect that bypasses the zone change rule in commander in the decks as a way to counter command zone keyword. Its as bad as an idea as theirs, so they probably thought of it already.
>>
>>53420647
I was thinking of just running primarily GB Scion reanimator, dumping whatever dragons I can, reanimating them, and green for mana fixing. Real silly shit too, like Birthing Pod and Eldritch Evolution. And Druid combo
>>
File: zJ7as9B[1].png (567KB, 593x597px) Image search: [Google]
zJ7as9B[1].png
567KB, 593x597px
C A T D R A G O N S
A
T

D
R
A
G
O
N
S
>>
File: 98733.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
98733.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>53419362
>>
>>53419184
It's an okay multicoloured commander for Spirit/Arcane.

Karona's better if you just want to turn dudes sideways but if you're doing other stuff O-Kagachi seems fine.
>>
>>53419306
>Artifact Dragon
>Niv-Mizzle
>Scion
MUH
DIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>53420555
Thalia does that by herself, thats half the problem with making a boros stax legend. Its going to be good but a derrivative card, op and unique, or unplayably weak
>>
>>53420372
>>53420492
Thundermaw for 4 too.
>>
>>53420780
>Gw cats

They are doing 'popular' tribes, not memes.
>>
>>53421443
What other tribes are the most popular?
>>
What are some good win conditions I can put in a temur yasova deck that don't heavily rely on my opponent having good cards?
>>
>>53421473
Zombies, Slivers, Goblins, Elves, Elementals, etc.
>>
>>53421508
Merfolk, Soldiers

I could see a five colour Elemental deck but there's so many options I have no clue what'll be the other three.
>>
>>53408333
Same way I Know you are a faggot
>>
>>53421443
>>53421473
If it were to end up with all of them being five colors, I could see
>Dragons
>Spirits
>Slivers
>Angels
>>
>>53421443
That's just because I was assuming they wouldn't redo elves (the freyalise deck was an elf deck). They could just as easily do humans or say fuck it and do elves again.

If these spoilers are legit (and it looks like a lot of effort was put into these if they were fake. New artwork AND going through the effort of putting the set symbol on a bunch of reprints? Plus the formatting isn't wrong). I just keep thinking the cat part could be relevant is all.

Merfolk wizards deck is happening for sure though.
>>
>>53406438
>>53406338
>>53406311
So much wisdom. Thanks /tg/.
>>
File: how horrifying.png (391KB, 629x468px) Image search: [Google]
how horrifying.png
391KB, 629x468px
>>53419306
And there is still no dedicated Jund Landfall commander
>>
>>53421698
A long, long time ago in a plane that we haven't been to for a while for some reason, there was an obscure race of cat dragons that never got cards.

I think that's all there is to it.
>>
>>53421497
Voltron Commander Damage
>>
>>53421698
Well there was also spirit and avatar among the three types.
>>
>>53421939
Yeah but they didn't make tokens.

I get that they were cat dragons in Madara, but the reason they chose to use that legend with those types means something.

It's entirely likely I'm giving WotC too much credit though.
>>
>>53422041
You're wrong and I'm going to laugh at you if I ever remember this in July.
>>
>>53422041
No you're right they made the black red green dragon a cat just so it can also pilot a cat deck with maybe three good black cats, I don't know one good red cat and none of the many fucking white cats.

Idiot.
>>
>>53414227
Prof definitely doesn't browse /tg/, he is full blown reddit.
>>
>>53414227
All of those videos are made for the lowest common denominator of MTG player, you should feel bad.
>>
>>53422196
I would not be surprised if he lurks around here.

>>53421698
Did it not say there was only one 5c deck?
>>
>>53422264
>Did it not say there was only one 5c deck?

I don't think any specifications were given other than "Tribal" and "Only four decks this time".
>>
Did some guy really risk his job at a printing company by stealing these new cards, just so we could trash talk them here?
>>
>>53419184
>5color commander with no specific focus
boring

>>53419202
the emminence thing is cool. but dragons and 5 color commanders are still very timmy to me.

>>53419306
>>53419358
okay cat dragons are adoreable but again this doesn't inspire me. the most interesting commanders are ones with strange restrictions. restrictions breed creativity and having a bunch of powerful but completely open legendary creatures just makes people build boring edh decks with usual suspect cards.

i could make up 5 amazing new commanders right now that would be fun and fair. it's sad that wotc can't figure it out.
>>
>>53422476
>i could make up 5 amazing new commanders right now
Do it.
>>
How do I into groupslug? I've got a few pet cards like Avatar of Slaughter and Season of the Witch I want to put in a deck and I figure groupslug is the best way to do it, but I'm a little shaky on how exactly I should tune it.
>>
>>53422509
Furnace of rath effects, dictate of the twingods can be 5 mana kill target player.
>>
>>53422497
god damnit i knew somebody was going to pull this. I'll do one because i'm tired (drunk).

3RW
Triashio the Coldblooded
Legendary Creature - Viashino Shaman
Haste, Devour 3, Bloodthirst 3
Whenever an opponent taps a non-basic land you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
Basic Landfall: you gain life equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on creatures you control
0/0
>>
spoilers
http://imgur.com/a/er1lC
>>
>>53422639
That's a mess anon.
>>
>>53422639
Awful.
>>
>>53422639
Holy christ thats a mess.
>>
Kinda sad that the other Niv wasn't reprinted instead but holy balls am I happy to see Scion in this.
>>
File: i959lab4gkzy.png (2MB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
i959lab4gkzy.png
2MB, 1200x1188px
Whoops, forgot this.
>>
>>53419184
It kinda makes sense for him to lack Indestructible or some other busted abilities since O-Kagachi lost most of his power, hence the Kami war.
>>
File: 1495162654755.png (4MB, 3750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1495162654755.png
4MB, 3750x1046px
>>53422497
Not him but these have been tossed around before. I think it'd be cool to get these.
>>
>>53423220
I like the second one. The rest are over complicated and clunky and the last one is simply broken, just play a 0-mana creature and a sacrifice outlet and get inifinite triggers.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.