[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nonsensical Setting Writefaggotry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Metatron.png (20KB, 220x244px) Image search: [Google]
Metatron.png
20KB, 220x244px
IN the beginning, mankind was weak, and frail, and knew little beyond the making of fire and the construction of huts. And That Which Is looked down in pity.

"I cannot provide for them every little thing," That Which Is mused, "but if they are not given a means by which to flourish, they will surely die."

So That Which Is sent unto them dreams of metal, magic, and music, science, art, and medicine, and everything that mankind made was born of That Which Is.

Now where there was no light, Stain grew and watched with greedy eyes. And the Stain parleyed with humans, and taught them to pervert the gifts to enslave others. Some stood by the noble teachings of That Which Is, which were to respect life and defend it if need be, and others still fell to the Stain's exalting of the self above all others.

In the end, righteousness prevailed, and the righteous sang praises unto That Which Is, but worry filled the author of all things, and It no longer with fawning eyes looked on humans.

But the Stain was not done, and, as evil would, did evil for it's own sake, and took the sins of the fallen rebellious and sewed them into hideous mockeries of every animal, human, and the nightmares of both.

And the Stain called them demons, and instructed them to be servile, to be obedient unto those who summoned them, until they were marked with the Stain's taint, and on that moment consume them.

And the Stain went out into the world in many forms. Sometimes young, sometimes old, sometimes man, sometimes woman, and everything in between, and the Stain spoke to humanity in dream and in the waking world.

To many sorcerers, those who delved into the gift of magic and alchemy, the Stain said, "You have tamed the elements to obey, and you mend flesh and heal the sick, and when the wicked arise you burn them to ash, but yet I sense you have fallen short in your study."

(cont.)
>>
>>53399658
"How can this be?" said they. "We have all the gifts of That Which Is, and those who know them all, they teach, and those who do not know them all, they learn."

"Indeed," replied the Stain. "But there is a power that you were deemed not ready to learn, for it is only the strongest of minds that can learn it, the most righteous of spirits that can resist corruption by it, and the strongest of wills that can bend it to their own command."

And the Stain taught them that foul Thing of calling demons, which we shall only give mention of, and when the demons obeyed with service, those who summoned grew proud and said "I have reached a new pinnacle, I have ascended, soon That Which Is shall smile on me and me alone, and I shall be a God."

And with bowed heads and respectful agreement, the demons would always say, "Yes, indeed you shall."

And as fruit is harvested when it is ripe, when these sorcerers were tainted through and through, when they committed perversion and cruelty in the name of the black rite the demons taught, their servants ate their souls, and walked the world of humanity in the skin of their masters.

That Which Is grew furious at mankind's folly. "You have strayed so far as to have become beyond redemption. You have listened to lies. You have worshipped evil and now evil is your master. You have no need of me, and I have no need of you."

And so That Which Is did not hear humanity's prayers, and as the demons made them slaves, and made sport of their pain and death, they wept.

But there were those who were repentant, and those contrite. "We have fallen from righteousness, and death may be our reward." they said. "But in honor of the faith That Which Is had in us, we shall cleanse this blight as best we can, so that if the creator should return, he may have a blank and clean canvas to begin again on!"
>>
>>53399817
And they waged war against the demons, and they married science and sorcery, and through steel and gunpowder, potion and poison, magic and runes, they beat them back. They tore down their blasphemous towers, they broke their cruel altars, they freed their slaves, and though That Which Is never answered their prayers, they fought in the creator's name, until at last, the Stain itself was cornered.

"Wait!" cried the Stain. "You have proved yourselves superior! Let me be, and I shall teach you everything That Which Is denied you!"

"We see now we were denied because we were unfit." said one who would be called King Orman, "We have lost the light and lost the way, but we shall atone as best we can, and like a penitent child, cleanse the mess we made."

But the Stain could not be wholly destroyed, nor many of the demon lords it had spawned, so they turned the deepest bowels of the world into a massive prison of steel and gears, warded and enchanted to bind them, and with silver and iron chains bound their souls to never be released, and they called this place "Great Gaol", and sealed its doors with layer upon layer of molten rock and adamantine.

Now That Which Is came back after a century, for the souls of the dead walked the world without a god to usher them beyond, and before condemning them all to wander forever, the creator of all sought to see if there was even one repentant soul.

When That Which Is saw what mankind had done, and saw the kings and queens and all humankind bow in supplication, and saw that they had fought to the last breath to amend their mistake, That Which Is wept with great sobs of joy.

"My children. My dearest pride and joy. My soldiers and my paladins. You have broken your shackles. You have renounced your sins. By blood, bone, and sweat you have atoned 10,000 fold."

And humanity wept with joy at being accepted again.

That Which Is fell silent.
>>
>>53399975
"What I ask now is more terrible than my abandonment. What I ask is a dread burden and I shall not begrudge you if you decline."

"the Stain is and shall always be. it will always seek new hearts to taint, new souls to conscript, new worlds to plunder. it is one of many evils." That Which Is said with a heavy tone. "I did not know how to cage it, but you have done so, and bound it good. Thus, with a heavy heart, I ask my repentant and valorous children. Will you and your descendants be the gaolers? Will you lose sleep and stand watch so that worlds beyond the stars will never know the horror you have?"

And mankind spoke among themselves, and thought, and they remembered what the Stain had done.

And it was agreed that they would never let the Stain do it to anyone ever again.

"We shall." said they.

"Oh, my children. You take on yourself a yoke no mortal should have to bear, and I ask you only because you have proven that you can. Know this- though thy lives shall be hard, and thy prisoners shall hiss at thy sleep, when you lay for your final rest, I shall hurry you to my side forever."

And so the sole concern of humanity was to ensure the Great Gaol never opened. And they told their children of what had come before, and what would come again if the Stain were ever released, and they brought masses of rock from the sky to add more layers, and they turned rock to steel and silver and adamantine, and inscribed runes and prayed rituals, in the hopes that the Stain would never be released.

But the Stain was patient, and quieted the demons.

"Do you not know this? A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, be it in this prison, or be it of humanity, or be it not even of this world."

"We shall find this weak link. We shall break it. And we shall storm the Golden Halls, take the souls of those who wronged us, and when we destroy other worlds, we shall make them watch as we burn everything to ash."

-Codex of The Gaolers
>>
>>53400144
DATA LOG 124, DATE XX/YY/ZZ

Captain Boris Noctis personal log:

I know it's here.

I only stopped here once, on a diplomatic mission. A bunch of religious fanatics, wrapping their world in metal and molten rock, flying gardens.

There's something under that whole mess. Power that would make a man a God.

Or a lot of men a pantheon.

The council has, after sending their agents, agreed this will be worth the laws we'll be breaking today- all 8,224 of them, most of which are punishable by summary execution.

It will be worth it. I've heard the promises myself. I'm going to have a sun for a heart. No katowing to a master sorcerer or getting a degree in nanomachining for me.

People on deck are excited. Who wouldn't be? We're going to break the biggest prison in the local galaxy with a railgun that is outlawed every standard galactic year by an unanimous vote in order to become GODS.

I won't need this anymore. I'm going to write my next journal entry in a constellation.

-END LOG

"Ladies, gentlemen..." Noctis said with a deep breath. "This is it. We're going to become the new Greek Gods. Gunning team, warm up the electromagnetic lines, loading team, planet-buster rounds. I don't think I need to say it, but don't miss."

Not that it was a problem. At this distance, a blind man could make the shot, even without a computer.

"Cruiser Samael, you have remained in stationary orbit for three hours. Are you experiencing engine trouble?" came a stern comms from Great Gaol. Noctis made a slashing gesture across his throat.

"They'll be sending up recon any minute now. Gunner team, fire as soon as you're ready."

-

The Railgun was never given an official name. Most legal documents simply listed it under "E.L.E. level weaponry".

It was originally designed for mining super-asteroids composed of valuable metal and minerals, until terrorists had realized anything capable of breaking a mass of that size into small, mine-able fragments was the perfect weapon.

(cont.)
>>
>>53400478
Unofficially named "Apollyon", this style of railgun was regularly rebanned at a galactic senate by unanimous vote for 200 years and counting- no one wanted the ancient lore of Star Wars 'Death Star' to become reality.

The rounds, skyscraper sized depleted uranium-steel alloy, kinetically charged rods, were overkill in every sense of the word. Everything in a trajectory that stretched several light years behind the Great Gaol was going to have a very bad day. But with the level of security they were dealing with- layers of enchanted, alchemically reinforced metal 500 km thick in some places- overkill was exactly what was called for.

"Cruiser Samael, sensors indicate massive energy spiking from your ship." the voice was now colder and sterner than before, if possible. "Disengage and leave our orbit immediately or we will assume hostile intent. This warning will not be repeated."

"Ready to fire, Captain." the comms crackled.

"Fire." Noctis breathed.

The ship shook violently.

"OH, F-" the Great Gaol comms screamed

The planet looked like a massive, gleaming white ball of metal, flecked with green and grey islands overhead that were farms and civilizations.

He had heard the lore, of course. Religious nuts, constantly building up a prison to contain demons, living on islands made of terraformed rock kept aloft by science and sorcery both.

Crazy bastards. Tough bastards. If you wanted an ally that would fight to the very bitter end, you allied with the Gaolers.

The impact send a geyser of superheated metal and rock up in a fiery torrent, a massive crater forming on the "prison planet".

For one dark moment, Noctis believed he'd
failed.

Then, everyone's attention was forcibly turned to the man hovering at the dead center of the bridge.

He was dressed in a pitch black suit that seemed to eat the illumination of the lights, his features were flawless, and his sharp face had the right mix of youth and age that indicated he was a commander.

(cont.)
>>
>>53400722
"Ladies, Gentlemen, I thank you." he spoke.

Everyone on the ship heard him, regardless of where they were.

"What have you done?" came a horrified voice from the Great Gaol comms. "WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU-"

The man waved a hand dismissively, and the comms ceased.

"I really want to thank you again. They just kept throwing on more and more layers. I didn't think we'd ever get out."

Noctis was first to speak. "...and our reward?"

"Oh, right." the man said dismissively. "Funny story, you know, about demons. You may have heard it when you were on that diplomatic mission, when you and I first spoke."

"Did anyone ever mention we're pathological liars?"

Five seconds of dead silence passed.

"Shit." Noctis assessed succinctly.

"Yep." affirmed the man.

Two seconds later, the crew of the Samael were all simultaneously infested with ravenous plague wasp larvae, an affliction that had the lucky ones turn lasers and force-edges onto themselves to end, and the unlucky ones experienced the novel condition of feeling your intestines chewed through.

And the Stain REJOICED.

-
>>
>>53399658
>>53399817
>>53399975
>>53400144
>>53400478
>>53400722
>>53400827
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>53400906
The beginning of a Space Christianity campaign. The leader and/or face becomes Crystal Dragon Jesus who pulls the teeth out of the Stain (perhaps literally).

>>53400827
keep writing anon
>>
>>53399658
This is the good kind of autism.

Please continue an
>>
File: 1495519074205.jpg (109KB, 792x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495519074205.jpg
109KB, 792x767px
>>53401265

Agreed, thank you for gracing us with your brilliance OP.
>>
>>53401744
surely OP will come through
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.