[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epic Tabletop Moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: loading3.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
loading3.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Post your epic tabletop moments below.
>>
>>53388830
This one time, I rolled high.
But another time I rolled low.
In both cases I had such fun.

>yay, rolled dices
>>
>>53388885
Great meme.
>>
>>53388830
>playing Only War
>through roll20 cuz irl friends are too cool for tabletop
>playing Medic
>game is straightforward wargame with objectives to fulfill
>one session the GM mixes it up and puts us on a stealth mission in a dense forest at night
>uses the new at the time dynamic lightning
>we get lost almost immediately
>Tau spot us and start attacking
>regroup but I'm still lost in the woods
>Tau flying vehicle appears and they shoot it with everything they got until it goes down
>then second flyer appears and everyone else needs to reload
(cont)
>>
>>53388885
I can do one better

>in a game
>doing a thing
>roll for
>....
>NAT 20
>TABLE CHEERS
>EVERYONE STANDS UP, ELATED
>PICK ME UP AND CARRY ME ON THEIR SHOULDERS
>CARRY ME OUT THE DOOR AND DOWN THE STREET
>WE ARE THE CAMPIONS
>>
>>53388830
This one actually happened.
>Running Village of Hommlet
>Lareth casts Hold Person and catches the entire still surviving party
>But... the snake that the cleric tamed earlier is not a Person
>Bites Lareth for 1 damage
>Lareth fails the poison save and dies
>>
File: 566.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
566.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>53388993
>can't fire at it and damage it with my weapons
>remember it's topside is unprotected
>jump with jetpack trying to go over it
>get shot with a twinlinked whatever it had
>go to -4
>barely manage to stabilize my trajectory
>drop a grenade inside the flyer and the crew gets minced
>roll minimum damage on the crash landing
>get the hell out of dodge
>mfw game died out before I could get my line of medals for that shit
>>
>le things that never happuned :^) lel
>>
>>53389269

true that. pity that those threads immediately turn into "wouldn't it be funny it that'd happen?" threads. Mainly because ppl tend to colorize the fuck out of their stories.

A friend of mine once rolled eight 1's while rolling twelve dice. Sounds good and was kinda funny given the situation and units involved, but every time he tells it the number of dice and 1's gets higher, even heard him claiming to roll 15 1's with 16 dice...
>>
>>53389615
Or even just plain making-up stories.
>>
>>53389269
If you think these things could never have happened, then your games must be downright boring.
>>
>>53388830
>playing Grey Knights vs my friends Necrons
>His 2+ reroll one 4+++ reroll ones deathstar assaults a unit of my Terminators
>Cut down all of them but one lone Hammernator, who fails moral and runs away
>My opponent decides to just ignore him, "it's just one Terminator, after all"
>Mr. Hammer proceeds to murder the fuck out of both of his Tomb Spiders and blows up a barge before getting put down by a unit of deathmarks
>I will now repaint his little icon shield and paint a necron spider on that shit
>>
>>53388830
Bolt action
Took out the enemies expensive veteran Lt. with a anti tank rifle from near max range. 800 point armys and won me the game.
>>
>>53388830
>40k
>IG vs. Tyranids mission in a narrative campaign my friend and I are playing, games tied up 2 to 2
>This battle decides the fate of the star system
>Tyranids invading a Ramilles class star fort to break through orbital defenses.
>Nids have to destroy the station's plasma generator (i.e. have a unit in base contact with the generator object for a whole turn--the mission is a modified version of the 3rd/4th ed. Sabotage mission).
>Gaunts, warriors, raveners punch a hole in the IG lines.
>Hive Tyrant makes it through the lines, gets in contact with the generator to destroy it.
>Nothing to deal with it--except the tanks in the backfield.
>DRIVE ME CLOSER SO I CAN HIT IT WITH MY SWORD
>3 Leman Russes tank shock the Tyrant to smash it, or push it off the objective.
>That monstrous asshole tears up the first two in its Death or Glory attempts
>Third crushes the Tyrant
>Remaining guard lines hold, victory!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.