[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9th Edition Magic: The Gathering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 9th.jpg (36KB, 436x450px) Image search: [Google]
9th.jpg
36KB, 436x450px
This is "classic" MTG. The way it was meant to be played, not with broken interactions.
>>
>>53387151
It is the fate of any such game that things will interact in unforeseen ways.

It is, however, a problem when the devs can't even catch obvious things within the same set.

Though, a lot of the problem remains that they have staples, but not consistently.
That the colors have specific things they're supposed to do best, but not consistently.
That they can't settle on a power level that the various effects are supposed to have.
That there's no room for a vanilla 1/1 for 1.
That Rarity has become a decisive power level modifier to push pack-cracking.

Magic has pretty well run it's course. That they decided to make a new legacy format, and within 3 sets had reintroduced the bullshit that required a new legacy format...
>>
>>53387246
Are you talking about EDH?

What's your experience with 9th Edition?
>>
File: classic.jpg (39KB, 300x533px) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
39KB, 300x533px
>>53387151
this is classic magic for me

mom bought me the starter deck with cd rom and rhox promo at target
>>
>>53387509
Wow. Nostalgia-ed hard. How old are you?
>>
>>53387509
Still have that foil Rhox, never took it out of the packaging.

Loved that dumb CD too.
>>
>>53387524
>>
>>53387584
She must have got that at crown books
>>
>>53387609
no but i remember looking at the magic the gathering books for sale at crown books inside the mall when my dad would shop there
>>
>>53387699
What format do you play now?
>>
>>53387777
i used to play modern but quit around KTK

mostly storm and infect back then

and i was building affinity when i quit
>>
File: 7th.jpg (141KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
7th.jpg
141KB, 1000x750px
>>
>Just got back into edh
>Play group all as decks of various power levels
>Shop is generally friendly but has a few spikes that neuter their decks when playing with new players

EDH is not really that bad.
>>
>>53387874
i have one of those too, had rk post sign it for me at a pre-release haha
>>
>>53387874
Mah nigga
>>
>>53387151
>He's still posting the same bait
I'll repeat what I said in the previous thread:

If this was how MTG was meant to play, spells wouldn't have been leagues ahead of creatures for 25 years
>>
>>53387509
My man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-vM1vQlKjU
>>
>>53387151
There were broken interactions then, too.
More, even, actually.
You just didn't know them because you were new, thus associate that point of the game with it having none.
The real way Magic was originally meant to be played is, essentially, sealed/draft. That's how many cards they thought you'd buy in your lifetime, at first.
>>
File: 83695.jpg (41KB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
83695.jpg
41KB, 450x348px
>>53387151

This is "classic" MTG. The way it was meant to be played, not with broken interactions.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.