[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 422
Thread images: 45

File: Spiked Pit Trap.png (3MB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Spiked Pit Trap.png
3MB, 1125x1500px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion - Trap Edition

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
>>53366544
>>
File: 1362099714794.gif (354KB, 266x242px) Image search: [Google]
1362099714794.gif
354KB, 266x242px
Whats the best way to stat out a war wagon full of orcs to fight my party? My party will be on foot and I'm thinking there will be about 6 orks in the wagon with bows and swords shooting out. The wagon will be powered by goblins turning the wheels or will be pulled by some boars.
Do I just stat the orks inside or should I stat out the war wagon as one entity?

I couldn't find anything on enemies fighting from carriages
>>
>tfw mystic bitchslapping cunts 50 feet away from me when they try to step to me trying to start a tavern brawl
>>
>>53373501
If at any point they're gonna get out of the war-wagon, stat them each.
If they're just gonna fight in it and you're gonna have it blow up when it's defeated, just stat the wagon.
>>
>>53373501
Personally I'd stat it all together, give it the attack stats of orks, depending on how hard you want the challenge to be the number of attacks however many orks are inside, with a movement of ~40.

Also one chunk of health, pretty much adding up the orks health, and markers where an ork goes down, thus loosing an attack, to simplify it.
>>
It's time. Post your confessions.

I have been running campaigns set in Equestria.
>>
>make a dexterity saving throw

Why the fuck did these need to exist? There was literally nothing wrong with Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. They were even part of the D&D identity, and D&D is nothing without its identity. That's why HP, AC, alignment, and multiple other shitty mechanics haven't been fixed despite there being obvious ways to objectively improve the game through doing so.

However, Merals wanted to pander to AD&D grognards so he went back to "every ability score can be used to save" because Charisma saves ("OMG you are using your EGO and CHARM to protect yourself! it's a very struggle for your soul!") or intelligence ("you have to be SMART enough to fight off the intellect devourer's mind blast, cause it;s the power of your minddd") or Strength (this one I can actually see for bullrushing but otherwise no) are so undervalued in D&D otherwise. So it's great that despite having a good Wisdom, which is defined as your willpower, you can still fall victim to all manner of mental attacks, but if you are low-Strength you'll get fucked by physical attacks despite being tough as fuck. All they did was spread out the saves for no reason and make characters weak to shit for no fucking reason. Saves might as well not exist as a mechanic because of how fucking ambiguous it is as to when you use them. Sure it's more "elegant" in some ways but in others it's just clunky as fuck, and if you are even pretending D&D is meant to be designed elegantly then you need to burn out the entire system and rewrite everything.
>>
>>53373301
That's what I was going to do, but >>53373261
also sounds great. Oh man, what do. I think I'll make the rival a female high elf or half-elf.
>>
>>53373555
I'm also worried that the monk will jump inside and start beating up the orcs. I'd say that its too cramped to Shadow Step into and even if you kill and orc there will not be enough space.

>>53373578
Sounds good. I'll probably up the AC from default orcs to account for how armoured it is. They are 6 level 8s, this should be difficult.
>>
>>53373609
Hi Virt back to post the same pasta as always I see.
>>
>trap edition
tfw no qt half elf trap gf
>>
>>53373624
Why not both?

>>53373628
Can't shadow step in if he can't see inside
>>
File: 1455534587366.png (51KB, 489x419px) Image search: [Google]
1455534587366.png
51KB, 489x419px
>>53373581
I'm sick of playing badasses, I want to play timid waifubait... not even in a magical realm ERP way, just a character who's allowed to be gentle or get afraid or cling to someone else when theyre scared. I want to be the little girl.

I'd never actually subject any of the other players in my game to having to deal with a character like that though.
>>
>>53373609
assuming you are just an idiot instead of a troll, they are there to give relevancy to each stat, so now it makes sense to put points in something other than con dex and wis.
>>
>>53373628
If they can manage it, why not let them brawl inside? It's a big risk to surround yourself by that many combatants without support.

>six players
How do you manage? Five gives me anxiety, and I prefer three to four if I can.
>>
>>53373672
It's virtualoptim, don't reply.
>>
File: 1493241771811.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493241771811.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>53373531
Everyone look at this man's trip, look at him and laugh
>>
>>53373702
Cool, a Dwarf Fortress player.
>>
>>53373701
oh i am sure it is, just replying on the off chance it's just some other deluded moron.
>>
>>53373644
I believe you have the wrong thread pfg is three doors down and to the left.
>>
>>53373581
I really want to play something that's pure edge. I want to play a pure, balls to the walls, teleports behind you, nothing personnel kid edgelord.

All I've ever played were good characters. Characters with personalities and ties to the setting and with motivations to adventure aside from just wanting to. But it feels like it would be so cathartic to sweep that shit aside and say, "I want to fucking murder things that piss me off."
>>
>>53373741
Nah that one you can solidly ignore, it's pasta
>>
>>53373628
So make the inside well lit.
Or better yet, there's no opening he can see to step inside of it.
>>
>>53373770
you're fucking pasta i spent like 5 minutes typing that post fuck you
>>
>>53373770
Whoops meant for >>53373730
>>
>>53373693
Because of the sheer volume of players which is sometimes 8 because the campaign started with 4 people who each brought their significant others we only really get one combat at a time. As a result the monk burns all his ki points in one encounter and wrecks shit pretty well.

I also only play once every 2 weeks which makes it manageable.
>>
>>53373790
but i love pasta
>>
>>53373581
I've been running a campaign and two of the NPCs fall directly in my fetish of tall strong women, it was done on purpose and no one is the wiser.
>>
>>53373795
Just because you only have time for one combat a session doesn't mean each session needs to be a single day.
You can easily put them into positions where burning through stuff is a terrible idea because just because the session ends, it doesn't mean you get to rest.
Cliff hangers are a good way to keep people interested. They're also pretty easy to do in d&d.
>>
>>53373754
Assassin 3/Nomad Mystic 3/Anything else

*teleports behind you*
>nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>53373581
I unironically wish there were less casters. My most fun games were when we only had one full caster and maybe one half-caster; martials and sneaks are fun.
>>
>>53373581
My druid did a 1 level dip into sorcerer
>>
>>53373795
Then don't give them a rest every session. Make multiple sessions be in a single day or period of action.

It's a bit DBZ, but you won't have your guys burning all their resources in such a meta fashion.
>>
>>53373865
Everyone except faggots who only play wizards wish for this, but unfortunately the wizards turn into unbearable schreeching autists if you try to take ANYTHING away from them.
>>
>>53373609
Fortitude, Reflex, Will were a dumbing down of paralyzation/poison/death magic, petrification/polymorph, rod/staff/wand, breath weapon, and spell saves. They were also more integral to the D&D identity than fort/ref/will.
>>
>>53373896
If I had my way there'd be the one full divine (cleric), one full arcane (wizard), and one full nature (druid). Shit like sorcerer, mystic, and warlock would all be subclasses of one or the other.
>>
Should tridents do more damage than spears?
>>
>>53373741
Uhh, isn't this the system and even campaign setting where transgender, androgynous or even hermaphroditic Elves is not only canon, but encouraged by the books?
>>
>>53373937
Yeah. You typically don't stick as far with the spear in tests I've seen, and the "doing more damage when you pull out," is just viable with wide-bladed or winged spears.
>>
>>53373937
>>53373960
Sorry, meant to start with "no." Tridents don't stick as far, and I meant to say just AS viable.

Fucking phone.
>>
>>53373951
Once again pfg is three doors down and to the left.
>>
>>53373977
So what's the point of the trident then? It's the same as a spear except more expensive and heavier?
>>
>>53373994
Easier to parry and tangle enemy weapons with.

5e has a hard time with that.
>>
>>53373994
A wider threat range. Even if the three points don't stick as far as a spear's one, nobody wants to approach three separate points. It's intimidating.
>>
>>53373988
But this is literally the place to discuss hermaphroditic and transgender (or just genderfluid) Elves.
>>
>>53374073
No thats pathfinder general, you must be new here
>>
>>53374073
He's doing memes, famalam. /pfg/ is where those sort of discussions happen because the community cares about shit like that more than playing their game, whereas we don't care that much about it, so it doesn't come up.
>>
>>53373994
They look cool.

Learn to roleplay son.
>>
>>53374073
See
>>53373741
>>
>>53373994
>>53373937
The issue then is when the trident becomes a 1d8/1d10, what's the point of a longword, battleaxe, warhammer, flail, warpick, and morning star?
>>
>>53374142
How else is my aquaman character supposed to be useless if a trident actually does decent damage
>>
File: 383Groudon-Primal.png (781KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
383Groudon-Primal.png
781KB, 1280x1280px
>>53374163
Have a beast bring out eternal sunlight that evaporates water.
>>
>>53374158
But can't the spear already become 1d8/1d10 with one of the UA feats? In which case, what's the point of the trident?
>>
File: 1482602703219.png (937KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482602703219.png
937KB, 621x1000px
>>53373581
D&D is fucking garbage trash, that's my confession. pic related
>>
>>53374228
It takes a feat, anon. That's a resource being used, and not all of us play with UA feats.
>>
>>53374158
Fixed Trident.
>Trident: Martial Melee. 1d8 piercing. Versatile (1d10)
>>
Is there a stat that the gaming set (dice) uses for rolls? Charisma or something? I can't tell.
>>
>>53374247
I'm aware, but I'm just pointing out that the spear has the potential to outclass the trident in every single way. Which seems backwards to me.
>>
>>53371965
There's honestly no valid reason to take melee weapons over ranged weapons on a ranger other than 'flavour'.
>>
>>53374163
Ask your GM if you can use a spear and fluff it as a trident. Much easier than trying to fix the weapon without throwing off potential balance.

The best way to fix it would just be to give it spear stats anyway. They might as well have not bothered with statting it. Tell players to fluff their spears as tridents. Fixed.
>>
>>53374273
See >>53374287. Tridents serve no purpose, and may as well be an alternative spear.
>>
File: tmp_16461-gravios-o1883901420.gif (753KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16461-gravios-o1883901420.gif
753KB, 320x180px
How do you guys fluff your '5 by 30 ft line' breath attacks?
I've been using MonHun as a general reference point, seems to work
>>
>>53374287
It was a joke, if i were really making aquaman i would get a trident of fish command
>>
is the issue actually tridents, or that some simple weapons, like the handaxe and spear give too much for a simple weapon?
>>
>>53374375
Not really. Simple weapons can still be devastating in the real life meta of melee. The spear was used for thousands of years because it works. The handaxe was also used for thousands of years because it is a simple and efficient design. Anyone can pick either up and use it with but a little practice.
>>
>>53374349
Yeah basically like that, but I don't allow them to sweep or anything. That doesn't seem to be the intention.
However, a cone can be flavored as a sweeping breath, that's cool.

Also depends on the dragon. For example, a black dragon that shoots a line of acid, I have it basically projectile vomit that shit.
>>
>>53374406
>tfw donaar blit'zen's silly vomit sounds
>>
>>53374163
Triton Player Race, Costal Druid instead of Paladin of the Ancients
>>
File: how can you be.jpg (88KB, 613x532px) Image search: [Google]
how can you be.jpg
88KB, 613x532px
Alright, had a session last night. Joined in the middle of a campaign:

>town is being raided by orcs
>players go to the town and help end the menace
>they eventually hunt down the orcs and free the citizens
>no reward
>eventually, the players learn that the Thieves' Guild holds an important artifact
>artifact in particular is needed for one of the pary Wizard's quests
>LG Paladin and CG Ranger want to get rid of the local Thieves' Guild because they have been controlling the town
>Captain of the Guard says 'don't do that leave them alone'
>party Rogue goes and steals from a business protected by the Thieves' Guild
>says they'll trade the artifact for the Rogue
>Thieves' Guild Leader says that they must enter a binding contract
>party 'no thanks', but take the Rogue anyway
>join in; be LG Fighter working for the Town Guard
>hear word of this Thieves' Guild from Paladin and Ranger
>learn about their hideout and inform the Mayor
>know the Town Guard has had trouble with the Thieves' Guild, thinks its our chance to rout them
>next day, Thieves' Guild leader and the guild evacuate as the Town Guard raid the building
>Guard Captain is angry at the Party
>find out from him that the Thieves' Guild was helping the town by hunting down the Orcs too
>but the Guard Captain intentionally left the Thieves Guild alone in exchange for their services
>none of the Town Guard or any other official knew, just the Captain and the Thieves' Guild Leader
>now the Guard Captain has been cursed to be a quadriplegic cancer patient until he dies because we unintentionally broke his contract with the Thieves' Guild
>currently, the party is on their way to defeat some lake pirates the town has been harassed by, as the Town Guard has done nothing about that too

Moral of the Story: Don't get involved with level 10 Tiefling Wizards who control a criminal organization and neglect on your own resources such as the Town Guard.
>>
My DM is now giving me shit over "silver purity rates" in silver pieces when it comes to procuring the appropriate amounts to make holy water

God damn I want to quit playing this game.
>>
>>53374436
No a triton might actually fit the role, nonvariant human for aquaman all the way
>>
>>53374503
Just stop playing with that DM.
Seriously. Just ask him straight up. Does this kind of thing make the game more fun for anyone? The answer is no, no it doesn't.

It's a fucking game not a second life simulator where every detail needs to be accounted for. That kind of shit is and should be left up to the DM/player in the moment and purely for fluff reasons. It shouldn't be a burden.

>want to make holy water
>okay go procure some pure silver
>no problem! maybe a second of roleplay and you spend the necessary money

That's all.
>>
>>53374503
Sounds like his problem.

Is this sort of shit a common occurrence?
>>
>>53374503
>God damn I want to quit playing this game.

So quit.
>>
>>53374654
Is it ever. We're at level 15 and he still harumphs the crap out of our game flow to bitch about Rations management

Even though we have a fucking druid in the party.
>>
>>53374503
You're not trying to argue that silver coins only need 5gp to make a holy water even though it specifically says 25gp worth of silver?
Or is it that silver coins are worth more than their value of silver? Or is it that the other metal in with the silver is worth something?
Can't you just buy silver with the silver coins?
>>
what is the point of taking a path of the Kensei monk?
>>
>>53374728
Wouldn't be so bad if at least he spread it out but the man clearly plays favorites.
>>
>>53374158
What's the point of longsword, battleaxe, warhammer, flail and warpick when rapier exists?
inb4 'versatile actually does something!'
>>
>>53373865
>My most fun games were when we only had one full caster and maybe one half-caster
Then you have a case when the rest of the party pushes the full caster into picking boring but valuable cookie-cutter utility spells and focusing less on stuff that'd be more fitting role-wise.
>martials and sneaks are fun.
No they're not, most boil down to playing a tabletop variant of left mouse button. Just remove battlemaster and give those shitty half-assed maneuvers to every martial already.
>>
>>53374735
It's that in his setting ( which has this retarded forced conversion where every coin is actually 100 times more valuable than their standard price, as in each "crown" is worth 100 gold pieces ), I have no idea how to know exactly how much silver is there in a silver coin.
>>
>>53374754
Rapiers are boring
>>
>>53374773
So even if I offer to pay 100 times their value in sheer silver crowns, I still can't do it because "muh coins"

Has anyone ever seen this before? A DM that special snowflakes an entire currency?
>>
>>53374773
Why do you need to?
You only need 250 silver worth of money, and if everything's worth 100x more than you only need 2.5 silver. What's the problem?

>>53374799
So, the only reason is non-mechanical.
>>
>>53374813
mechanically, versatile actually does something
>>
File: 1486446863272.jpg (22KB, 243x248px) Image search: [Google]
1486446863272.jpg
22KB, 243x248px
>>53374842
>Versatile actually does something
Waste text space on a page?
>>
>>53374813
It's so that he can go "Aaaaaaah, but you can't so easily buy pure silver in a realm such as this. What a challenging conundrum HMMMMM"
>>
I have a player who wants to have a "sword hand," kind of like Ash Williams' "chainsaw hand." They want it to be something they can take on and off, and they would have a prosthetic wooden hand (no life in it) for when they're not in combat.

This is no problem mechanically (it'd basically just be wielding a one-handed longsword) but the idea of playing as a character with only one hand should come with drawbacks. We already agreed that switching hands from the sword to the wooden hand would require one full action, and that they can't possibly wield a two-handed weapon, but would I be too much of an asshole DM if I implemented, say, disadvantage on any DEX skill checks/saving throws designed to catch or climb something with two hands?

They also want to wield a hand crossbow in their other hand, wouldn't it be impossible to load it with just one hand?
>>
>>53374881
Enable great weapon features?
>>
>>53374920
Oh, so it's not 'The book says you need 25gp worth of silver but fuck you it's now 2500gp worth of silver' it's 'The book says you need something which I'm not letting you find'

Why doesn't the DM just say 'You can't find this item because I'm a bitch', then?
>>
>>53374809
>Has anyone ever seen this before? A DM that special snowflakes an entire currency?
If I'm not using CP/SP/GP/PP, I'm using some unified currency. While different coins may have varying denominations, they all come with differently-shaped holes in the middle so you can run sticks of uniform size through them and have a nice roll of some useful amount. I like the image of people pulling a stick of fantasy quarters out of a bag and slapping it down because that's $20 rather than counting GP out of a fucking coinpurse.

Plus, someone in the party invariably beats some monster to death with a stick of silver coins.
>>
>>53374938
What if you went Alphonse Elric on it? Found a great tinkerer who makes a retractable sword pop off his prosthetic hand?
>>
>>53374940
So you can use a particular already quite weak fighting style with it when there's no reason to use a greataxe or greatsword instead other than 'I forgot to bring one' and in that case why did you bring a longsword?

If you have a fighting style and forget to bring decent weapons so you can actually be a decent martial, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>53374938
I'd say disadvantage on climbing something that requires two hands when you only have one is being lenient
>>
Is there an official merfolk playable race floating around? DM wants to do a coastal/sea-based adventure and I'm got a hankering to be a merman.
>>
>>53374738
More importantly why did they remove the ability to choose whether your kensei weapon uses your dex or strength?
>>
>>53374738
Because you're fucking boring and you want to play 'monk with more damage and maybe AC and nothing else interesting about it'
>>
>>53374938
Never underestimate the resourcefulness of the one-handed man when it comes to getting equipment suited for his handicap. A crossbow isn't some hugely complex thing that's going to unload itself if it gets bumped; they have retention springs, so you can wave the fucker around all day. There are numerous ways the guy could load a crossbow without using a second hand to place the bolt in.

Maybe he's got a bandolier of sorts full of bolts around his legs and one of his upper arms. He slaps the crossbow against it just so and catches the bolt on a hook or forces it into the flight groove. Maybe he's got a nice magnet between the risers that sucks a bolt's head to it and holds it in place.
As for cocking the thing, he uses the crossguard of his swordhand to yank the string back, or has some special bolting mechanism that lets him cock by running the side of the crossbow against some other part of his body or the sword's guard again. It's just a dinky hand crossbow, it's not like we're talking about bajillions of pounds of draw weight here.
>>
>>53374560
Aquaman is not useless, that meme is literal decades old.
>>
File: volotriton.png (2MB, 1414x982px) Image search: [Google]
volotriton.png
2MB, 1414x982px
>>53375021
Tritons in Volo's Guide to Monsters.
https://astranauta.github.io/races.html#Triton
>>
>>53375086
Hmm, might be do-able. Was rather hoping for something more coastal for an easier starting point for the DM, but I might be able to refluff this to work.
>>
>>53375086
>Wall of water
>It.. Gives two-way disadvantage on ranged attacks and slows your movement by 1 ft for moving through it and reduces damage of fire effects going through it? As a third level spell?
Wow. So powerful.
>>
>>53375143
It's a free spell that doesn't use any of your spell slots and is given to you just for being a fishman. Who cares how powerful it is?
>>
>>53375073
>>53374938

If he really wants to base his character on Ashley J. Williams, and Ash can load a double-barreled shotgun when one of his hands is a chainsaw, then this character should be able to load and fire a crossbow.
>>
>>53374938
Tell him to dip into Mystic for 1 level. So he can learn Blade Meld. Same effect.
>>
>>53375143
>he doesn't grapple pyromancers into a corner and wall them away while the party skewers them with spears
>>
File: man up.jpg (99KB, 350x601px) Image search: [Google]
man up.jpg
99KB, 350x601px
I'm about to DM a new campaign and I'm toying with the idea of allowing players to multiclass into UA stuff, but I'm going to impose a limit of only 2 classes per character. Is this okay or is this a bullshit ruling?
>>
>>53375285

multiclassing in and of itself is a purely optional rule up to the DM's discretion so you can do whatever the hell you want

extremely granular multiclassing in several different classes always reeks of munchkinism to me anyway
>>
>>53375285
I don't know why you'd even want three classes unless you were trying to abuse low level features. Even in 3E I rarely saw that at actual tables (discounting PrCs).
>>
>>53375285
UA hasn't been made with the actual game content in mind. It's just ideas they've flung out to see what people like before they tidy it up.
If anyone wants to MC with UA stuff, you will need to check if its fine, and you need to tell them that you might change something if it becomes broken
>>
>>53375285
The DM is the alpha and omega of balancing, and every player should respect your power of being able to ban things. So everything should be based on mutual trust and respect: players pick UA options and in exchange vow not to abuse the shit out of them. A decent player might go powerhouse but wont cross the cheese line.
>>
>>53374451
Thanks for posting.
>>
>>53375367
>extremely granular multiclassing in several different classes always reeks of munchkinism to me anyway
Same. Although I usually allow it because in the long run that player will end up being more shit than they would be if they just went single class.
And also some players just want mechanics that fit the fluff of their character concept, and I'm fine with it.
>>
>>53375174
Then why isn't it only a level 2 or 1 spell?

>>53375247
In such an awfully specific situation you're fighting a pyromancer, yes.
>>
Anyone come up with a good build for Moonbow warlock? I've been trying but it's pretty hard...

Required: Extra attack, extra spell slots

Potential builds -
Lock 3/ EK 17 (Lots of attacks, reasonable spell slots)
Lock 5/ Mystic 15 (Wu Jen spell slot abuse)
Lock 3/ Ftr 3/ Old Favored Soul 14 (extra attack/wings)
Lock 12/ Dragon Sorc 4/ Ftr 4 (Metamagic, thirsting blade)?

I'm not sure they're v good tho
>>
File: 1425660899194.jpg (21KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1425660899194.jpg
21KB, 400x399px
how do you guys deal with travel?

my party needs to travel about 18 days to get to a place. i am trying to have something minor (either a combat, rp encounter, or skill-based encounter) for half of the days. is this too much? i dont want to handwave travel and make it seem insignificant. also because this is SKT. the overworld is supposed to feel dangerous.
>>
>>53375523
>Then why isn't it only a level 2 or 1 spell?
Because most of the walls of whatever spells are even higher leveled than that. You're summoning a bunch of water out of nowhere. That's a lotta magic, even if the effect isn't that amazing.
>>
>>53375659

Make a random encounter table, roll on it for each day of travel. Make 1/2 the table result in nothing happening.

Also keep in mind that not every encounter has to be combat. Maybe they find an eccentric travelling merchant selling esoteric wares, or maybe they find the remnants of a battle that took place earlier and they can investigate the crime scene for clues, loot, or both. Maybe they find a box of abandoned kittens. Get creative.
>>
>>53375659
9 filler encounters seems like a good session or 2.
>>
>>53375659
This is how I typically run it.

>you estimate it will take you x days to reach y location by z mode of travel. Do you wish to prepare before the trip?
>after preparations are settled they set out
>"How are you spending the time while traveling?"
This question is especially important if they're not the ones driving the cart/steering the ship, etc. But even then, if they are they might elect to take shifts.
>Oh so you're doing blank? One day while doing blank this thing happens
>More days pass, zoom back in and deal with another event, perhaps this time you're on a long road and you see a roadblock ahead, looks like a bunch of no-good bandits forcing a toll. How do you proceed?

It's essentially a bunch of zooming in for important events along the way, zooming out and narrating the rest. Then narrating the arrival. Allows for good RP and makes it feel like travel is actually taking place.

Random tables can be good if you're stuck as to what type of thing they might encounter while traveling. Myself though, I like to make sure most, if not all, encounters have story significance. If bandits are able to just sit on the road like that they might belong to a larger organization of thieves. Might come up later. That kind of thing.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n7cw9kK7Gi1rlwhjz.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n7cw9kK7Gi1rlwhjz.png
142KB, 415x367px
>Starting a new campaign soon
>All other players are grills
>Including the DM
>Half of them are hardcore minmaxers
and single
>>
>>53375739
>>53375767
>>53375785

thanks. most of the things i have planned have story significance, i like using this time as a means to drop clues. some of the combats are just dropped in, to appease the people who like combat the most. not a fan of random tables really.

i feel like it is hard to make it feel 'real' because sometimes both the players and the dm want to just get to the destination, but making up good encounters along the way makes it worth it, and makes it much more believable
>>
>>53375893

be cool, anon. i'm telling you

don't be that guy
>>
>>53375893
Date the DM
Get extra loot.
Become That Guy.
Do it.
You know you want to.
>>
I'm starting a group where all of us are new (minus a single session run by a friend who's not local) and am taking the DM role. Can I get some feedback on my plot, if there's anything that won't work well?

Setting centres around a trade city that has been slowly expanding in size and wealth for 250 years, since a family of nobles took charge. The party will start in a tavern 10 miles out of town where, after a brief bar fight to get them into it, they're all branded by a mysterious mark.

As specifics go on forever:

The branding is linked to a death cult who assassinate those branded. The party (should) start chasing a NPC who is known to have the mark, just to find him dead, and will afterwards start getting assualted during long rests. Research into the mark and in town leads them to the cult hideout where they must pursuade (against their oaths) the assassins to let them free or just wipe the leader +- the cult out. The reveal is that they were all branded as the cult was targetting a member of the town council as they are convinced the town is run by evil.

Which leads to the main campaign plot:

The town has been run by a single noble, a vampire who has been fooling the populace. His "250 year plan" at prosperity is a cover to expand south into the thick forest to clear out the remains of thousands of warriors from a battle long past. Everyone believes it's simple expansion.

There's pushback from a local druid who runs round animating trees and attack shipments of cargo, and is all round hostile to those entering the forest at this point due to the previous deforestation.

The party may be directly tasked by the noble to defend the lumberjacks, or research into the running of the town after talking to the cult, but should get involved in the vampire / druid fight either way.

Gives the campaign a final setting of party v vampire and thralls or party v druid and a forest.

Thoughts? I'm worried as a 1st time DM
>>
>>53375893
>hardcore minmaxers
>5e
???
>>
Would it be okay to remove the "no two-handed weapons" clause from Hexblade? Does that make the class too powerful?
>>
>>53375938
>both the players and the dm want to just get to the destination, but making up good encounters along the way makes it worth it, and makes it much more believable

this is the hardest but most rewarding part of DMing. ostensibly, the game is about adventure—the journey should be more important than the destination by definition. So making the actual "adventuring" interesting is a challenge, but can lend so much significance, intrigue, action, and fun to the campaign if done well. If the game was simply one dungeon after another, with teleportation pads to the next dungeon at the end of each, it'd get old, fast. Keeping things varied on the adventuring trail is where all the game's assets come together.

It's also where the rules of the game are at their most flexible; this is where you, as the DM, decide how important night watches and marching order are, how to enforce encumbrance and carrying capacity, the necessity of hirelings or animals, whether the players need rations and other supplies and enforcing consequences for running out of them, etc. The "style" of your campaign is the most visible in those moments
>>
>>53376024
It's specifically designed not to interact with cursebringer. Getting a SAD GWM seems to be something WOTC want to avoid at all costs.
>>
>>53374503
Reminds me of that scenario where a Wizard required a 500gp ruby for a spell, found one on sale for 10% off, but it didn't work for the spell.
>>
>>53375974

careful, anon. if you're planning this specifically, you risk becoming a railroader. What if your players are able to stop themselves from being branded, either by spotting the brander or just killing them before it happens?

Functionally the story ought to work out but just be careful about all your assumptions, if it doesn't work out the way you're planning, don't force it to and find another way. Don't force the players to go to the story—sometimes you can bring the story to them.

But any sensible player will be courteous enough to bite your plot hooks anyway.
>>
>>53375893
Why even worry? Are you some kinda sperg?
>>
>>53375893
You HAVE to roll highly charismatic bard. DO IT.

Then LARP your bard when you take them out on dates and give them the D
>>
>>53376044
agreed. as a new dm i am trying to limit myself and not rush things. i have some cool encounters planned along the way. i think the biggest issue is that when you start planning the adventure like this, you have to make sure that the things you drop in along the way arent half-assed, otherwise it just makes it seem slow, and the players end up saying 'are we there yet?'
>>
>>53375950
Abdolutely devilish anon
>>
>>53374193
>tfw my tarrasque is literally groudon
>>
>>53375893
>5e
>minmaxing

Lol whats that? They put the biggest number in dex if they are rogues?
>>
>>53376119

Right. The easiest way is to just add character to whoever/whatever they come across while travelling. It makes for a memorable encounter and opens up a lot more possibilities for it than just "get jumped, fight, move on."

Bad encounters:
>you're attacked by bandits
>you're attacked by bears
>you find a salesman

Good
>you come across three travelers whose horse has been slain. They say that an animal did it, and they're stuck and need a ride. (They're bandits, but they're telling the truth—and they're desperately trying to hide the fact that their cart is full of stolen goods)
>you hear screams coming from off the road. they're followed by a terrified halfling running in from the forest. they say that they're being chased by a large bear, and they're demanding that you speed them away to safety. it turns out they're going to the same destination as you—they have no money, but promise that they can return the favor sometime once they get there. maybe they're well-known there?
>you find a sullen salesman whose face is obscured by the shadow of his wide-brimmed hat. his wares are exotic and unheard of: weapons of esoteric make that seem simultaneously old and new, and rings engraved with your own name. he assures you in a quiet voice that you could never find his goods anywhere else, but when you ask where he got them, he refuses to answer.
>>
>>53376267
PAM on every character
>>
I've made some stuff for Endless Legend setting. Can you have a lookie and say if there's something woefully bad with it?

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1JbpGixW
>>
File: 1463251092545.png (92KB, 253x224px) Image search: [Google]
1463251092545.png
92KB, 253x224px
The players got to the part where they had to cross a long, poorly-built goblin bridge (potentially trapped) and they spent like 1 hour talking to decide on a plan

How do I speed that part up? And it's not just the bridge, the players are just VERY SLOW to make any kind of decision. They'll often have to talk to someone important and spend a whole hour arguing about what they should say before they even approach him
>>
Has anyone here played as the Rune Scribe prestige class?

I'm making a delivery wizard who's post office base get's detonated by a demonic force. He was trained by a high post master mage who taught him the ways of the runes, but was killed in the blast. So, he inherits the tomes and texts of the scribes and decides to take up all the remaining mail for delivery, along the road he joins the PCs.

Do you guys have any advice or stories about playing one? Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>53376328
>minmaxing
>not playing a bard or wizard
>>
>>53376379
Pressure them. Tell them that time is passing. Talking is a free action, but not to an idiotic degree.
If they take to long, make it cost them.
>>
>>53376092
I was hoping to meta them into the branding almost immediately to give them a reason to band up despite any ranges in morality and character. But yeah I do wonder what I do if they just ... don't follow hooks.

I've thought about a few encounters if they wander in various directions, but with a brand they'll hopefully want to find out what it's about as they keep getting attacked during their rests.

If anything I'm a bit worried they'll all follow the plot TOO well. We're all new but my time on /tg/ has helped me realise what's possible in D&D while freedom to many of them equates to video games.

One of the guys asked if the level of freedom was "skyrim level or dragon age level" when we played, and unfortunately 'cause it was a module the answer was something like "a bit of both".

It's why I've planned the first encounter as a bar brawl, where weapons and kills will get punished, and the second as one where they have to run away to try and get them thinking more.
>>
>>53376022
>>53376267
Smiteknight, sorclock, nuclear druid... You know what I mean

>>53376099
N-no

>>53375950
I unironically wanted to date the DM before I even knew she played DnD
>>
>>53375893
Anon, proceed with the utmost caution.
This has a real possibility of ending up with you getting multiple pussy. I'm not joking.
Groom properly, roll something like a Paladin, which is strong and charismatic. Keep your cool, joke a bit around, assume party leadership, flirt with a couple of them, post updates for us.
>>
>>53376473
Sounds like you aren't cut out for social interaction
>>
>be a pathfinder fan
>friends invite me to play 5e
>whatever sounds like fun
>game is the most dumbed down game Ive played since Hearthstone
>wtf why do people enjoy having no options and the game being literally easier to play than monopoly

After that I am not stopping playing PF
>>
>>53376518
I thought 5e was really cool when I was first starting out with rpgs but after trying different systems it really does feel a bit limited.
>>
>>53375027
They didnt.
>>
>>53376518
Good. Stay there.
>>
>>53376541
It feels like going to a math class for downies compared to PF being advanced uni maths
>>
>>53376518
To be honest, the way I see it, you either play something like 5e so you can literally bullshit anything into existence with the rule set, or you can play Pathfinder and not have to bullshit anything into existence because they have fifty arbitrary systems in place for exactly the thing you were thinking, so just roll and do it.
>>
>>53376585
Haven't had the opportunity to play pf or 3.5e yet myself, but I'm hoping someday
>>
>>53374938
I wouldn't have it be any different at all from just wielding a sword that you can't drop.

Making things harder, while realistic, just kind of shits on a character concept without bringing it any sort of benefit.
>>
>>53376615
PF is 3.75 there is literally no reason to play 3.5 over PF. Unless you have all the books for free or something.
>>
>>53376518
>Having no option
>Having to build a very specific way or very specific classes is option
>Especially if you plan to be useful

Yeah so many options, trap options that is.
>>
How do you guys feel about having an NPC join the party? I was planning on having a character join the party depending on how the session goes.
>>
>>53376518
You ever read/seen those "For Dummies" books that takes stuff and simplifies it, but it still teaches you about the subject regardless. That's 5e, it's 3.5 but simplified and much easier to use. My players are kinda normies who have a hard time learning game systems so it's easy for them, and it's also easy for me as a DM.
>>
>>53376714
> there is literally no reason to play 3.5 over PF
What if you're not a weeb, or a furry?
>>
>>53376754
Punch dude is very viable and has two dedicated classes, though. Not gonna turn a blind eye to that.
>>
>>53376802
Let the party invite him. If they don't, don't.
>>
>>53376802
I do it sometimes as a DM, but the rule of thumb is, they never say and do too much, and I usually let players control it in combat.
>>
>>53376802
Make sure it doesn't develop into a DMPC, keep the character as bland as possible and make sure they can't overshadow the party in anything they can do.
>>
>>53376802
You only ever really do that as a temporary thing (for certain sections of a story) or to fill a role that no one in the party wants to play like a healer.

DMPCs are unnecessary most of the time, unless the players really like the NPC it shouldn't really happen.
>>
>>53376813
We talking 5e or what? You could have been more vague in that post if you tried.
>>
>>53376873
Nah, Pathfinder. I do like how 5e plays monks though. I just preferred Brawler in PF when I used to play it.
>>
File: IMG_9635.jpg (537KB, 958x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9635.jpg
537KB, 958x639px
>>53375073
>lets him cock by running the side of the crossbow against some other part of his body
That's exactly what is taught for one handed pistol manipulation
I'm sure it could be adapted for a hand crossbow
>>
>>53376835
>healer in 5e
>needed
>>
>>53376802
I basically spam my party with NPCs, they hate some and love others. It is also easier to kill them off this way
>>
>>53376902
Having a healer is imperative from my personal experience. When you have one, you drop into zeroes and pop back up next round with a healing word. Without one, you just die.
>>
>>53376902
He said want, not need.
>>
>>53376835
>Not just buying 50 health potions and chugging them all as you walk down a hallway.
What are you, gay?
>>
>>53376816
That's what my plan was. They are going to help this NPC out and depending on how the story goes she will either have to stay at her village that has been destroyed or she can join the party.
>>
>>53376808
???
Are you dumb or a WoTC shill?
>>
File: IMG_9636.jpg (301KB, 300x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9636.jpg
301KB, 300x527px
>>53375075
How's his son?
>>
File: Pathfinder and 5e.jpg (283KB, 983x911px) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder and 5e.jpg
283KB, 983x911px
>>53376938
Go home, pathfag.
>>
>>53375075
Aquaman's not useless, but he is dreadfully boring.
>>
>>53376894
Understandable but that still doesn't change what was said, unless you're willing to dig through the books and know what you're doing you'll make a useless character that you might aswell chuck off the nearest cliff and reroll.

I'll admit PHB Ranger was a trap along with Wot4E monk still being so, but atleast it was fixed. It's damn hard to make a completely useless character this edition.

I'd prefer that as opposed to "oh man look at all these options! Too bad none of them are useful if even one person at the table plays something decent."
>>
>>53376936
>she will have to
Na, that's what I mean. Don't present an either or situation. Just have her ruefully look back at her destroyed village, torn up about whether or not to leave it behind. But don't make any explicit "She might want to leave... if only she had someone to go with" kind of thing. If your party offers for her to join, all well and good. If they don't, have her just go do a whole other thing that you already had planned for her.
>>
>>53376994
I'd disagree, but it's sorta been a while since I've touched PF. I honestly don't get why either side hates the other here, they're both good systems, they're just for different people.
>>
>>53376938
Admit it pf was a company swooping in because of the autistic backlash to 4e, they made something familiar and pretended to fix the problems of 3.5. Some they actually did while creating even worse ones in their place.
>>
>>53377029
I don't normally hate them, just when they decide to come in and whine about not liking this edition and how they are going back.

In short they stay where they prefer and not shit up another edition and I'll pretend they don't exsit, everyone's happy in the long run.
>>
>>53377085
Yeah, that's fair.
>>
>>53376488
I can be charming without my character having charisma. In fact, I used cha as my dump stat
>>
>>53376379
Should have made something big and nasty/a lot of little nasty somethings chase them onto the bridge.
>>
>>53376518
here is the difference between 5e and PF coming from someone who played PF for many years
5e:
I wanna be a magical guy that:
supports: bard, wizard
blasts: bard, wizard

I wanna be a fighty guy that
punches: monk
spergs out and wrecks shit: Barbarian
stabs you in the kidneys and darts away into the night: Rogue

PF:
I wanna be a magical guy that:
supports: wizard
blasts: wizard

I wanna be a fighty guy that
punches: wizard
spergs out and wrecks shit: wizard
stabs you in the kidneys and darts away into the night: wizard
>>
File: 1493397907263.png (136KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1493397907263.png
136KB, 325x325px
>>53376956
>>
Where's the best place to learn about the feywild? Should I just take setting stuff from 4e's heroes of the feywild or did 5e get some stuff on it?
>>
>>53377112
I've been thinking of making a fire focused wizard with a single level of rune scribe so I get the Flame Stoker property and my fire damage gets advantage. How bad of a build is that? I don't care about Signature spells so I can forsake level 20
>>
>>53376999
I'm not saying no matter what this girls village will be destroyed. The session will go like this: The party finds a girl in the road. She was sold to bandits by her players. She kills a bandit and escapes. The bandits ambush the party and demand for the girl back. They can either give her back or protect her. If they protect her and kill the bandits their next location is a temple. They can leave get there or take her back to the village. At the village she will confront her parents. The next morning more bandits attack and will again demand the girl. They again have a choice to give her up. If they don't give her up they will again fight the bandits. At the end of the session they will get to decide what to finally do with her. I'm not trying to railroad this character in, they will have plenty of choices regarding her.
>>
Is it possible to make a Sorcerer that focuses mostly on Chromatic Orb?

What would be a good setup for it? I really want a Wild Sorcerer for this build, but I am not sure about meta Magics or feats. What would be helpful for this kind of thing?
>>
File: Famine Spirit.png (86KB, 464x808px) Image search: [Google]
Famine Spirit.png
86KB, 464x808px
Rate my famine spirit
>>
>>53377243
>What would be a good setup for it?
Chromatic Orb + spell sniper + distant spell
Chromatic Orb from 270 feet away
>>
>>53377297
>60ft radius 6d10 necrotic + save vs paralysis aura

No.
>>
>>53377243
Twinning Chromatic Orb is a good idea. If you want to stick to using the same element then a draconic sorcerer would be good, or a pyromancer for fire damage.

Elemental Adept would be good for using a specific element every time. Spell sniper means long range chromatic orb.

Basically those things will do you right.
>>
>>53376379
Get an hourglass.

When the party is too long. flip it. Call it the "Bad shit" timer. Nobody knows what bad shit will happen if it runs out, but they don't want it. It might be a bonus fight or whatever. Anything that changes the situation, and thus they don't let it run out.
>>
>>53377297
>Save or suck with a necrotic rider
Calm down hitler
>>
>>53377297
>bite does extra damage on a crit
>paralyzed foes are auto crit
>>
>>53377297
It's a ball of HP with a one-off aura that allows the creature to deal 4d12+20d6+13 on an attack with advantage. That moves a lot.

So it's a 'really powerful at first but then it's just whittling down its HP'.

So it doesn't do a lot and it just kinda makes everybody save or die.
>>
>>53377297
>CR: 15

with a ludicrous "save or die" this can't be right
>>
>>53377442
you forgot the extra 8d8+6 from the claw attacks
>>
>>53376714
Really more like 3.6
>>
>>53377474
As if the target will still be alive after the bite. It can claw something else.
>>
>>53377484
yeah the other paralyzed schmuck.
>>
>>53377297
please nerf
>>
>>53377297
please look at other CR 15 creatures before posting trash like this again.
>>
>>53377297
Calm down there Satan and stop homebrewing or apply for a job at Kobold's Press
>>
A little advice for homebrewers, if your monster can rip the asshole out of any other creature in it's CR bracket, you need to adjust it's CR.
>>
Help me out, which is more appropriate for a ship's lookout? Observant or Alert?
>>
>>53377625
Observant
>>
>>53377625
observant
>>
File: 1464930936367.jpg (91KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
1464930936367.jpg
91KB, 336x442px
>>53376972
>generic whatever inspired by a shitty novel series written by a fat hack
>edgelord
>meme game
>edgelord
>edgelord
>edgelord
vs
>cancerous faggot shit
Its not much of a competition, more like two pigs wrestling in mud.
>>
>>53377642
>>53377645
Thanks for the input, observant it is.
>>
File: 1493261388476.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1493261388476.png
296KB, 649x649px
how do I explain to a player that just because their creative plan blew up in their face, doesn't mean it's me punishing them for being creative.

let me explain

>player has a character with a maul
>gets this great idea to buy a chain and spin in around for an Aoe attack
"you may come up with ways to accomplish things that your class can't do but each of them are going to have varying levels of success, not all plans are good plans"
>ohh I get it, if it's not on my character sheet I can't do it
>explain to him thats not what I mean
>he goes ahead with his plan
>tell him that when he goes to spin it will be a whole action and not an attack
>he's understands
>spins around with the chain attached to the maul
>tell him that the second person he's trying to hit in the 10ft circle will have plus 2AC due to the first person acting as half cover
>he's getting upset with all the limitations
>hits both people
>first person takes 1d4 + strength, second target takes 1 + strength
>doesn't get angry outright but visibally looks as if he feels cheated
>explain to him that the chain gave him more reach but it also increases the moment of inertia as well as the chain decreasing the bite of the hammer significantly.
>tell him that he should have just made two hammer attacks.
>tell him he can still action surge
>he surges and kills one of the targets
>explain how his character done an audacious spin shocking everyone and knocking the targets off guard then swining his hammer back into his hands and finishing him off with two swings.
>he looks amused by my description but his eyes still look like a lot of the wonder of DnD has been lost to him.

how do I demonstrate the correct way to get "creative" with a fighter? I'm a fighter main too but my idea of being "creative" is picking purple dragon knight even though it sucks dick and focusing on roleplay.
>>
>>53376972
>cherry picking this hard.

Honestly, I'd rather have anime degenerate op images than 'generic western fantasy edgemaster presented to you by The Color Black.'
>>
>>53377625
As others have said, observant as observant is about having a high passive perception to notice things when you're not actively looking.
Alert just says you're quick to act when shit has already hit the fan.
>>
>>53377879
>first person takes 1d4 + strength, second target takes 1 + strength
this is probably the only thing i disagree with in your story, should do at least 1d4+Str per target with increasing AC bonus per target
>>
>>53377700
>>
I have a question for people who have played AD&D

I've been playing for about a year, got introduced to D&D through AD&D, but then branched out to 5th edition because I don't have the time or money to look for all the second edition stuff on ebay or stores.

I noticed the original group that introduced me owns all the necessary books to play 5th edition, but they never play it. They argue AD&D has got more content, and they have a massive collection of book to argue so.

My question is, are all those additional books really legit and good? It sometimes seems like some OC compiled and published by wizards, by the amount of weird things you can find in there. is AD&D more "complete" than 5th edition?
>>
File: 1486445182741.jpg (46KB, 490x447px) Image search: [Google]
1486445182741.jpg
46KB, 490x447px
>>53377909
>Actually believing that's cherrypicking
Hard to accept reality, huh?
>>
>>53377909
You're in the minority then. Even in /pfg/ the anime OPs are because there's a really dedicated troll who always makes the threads super early so he can put anime images
>>
>>53377943
>My question is, are all those additional books really legit and good? It sometimes seems like some OC compiled and published by wizards, by the amount of weird things you can find in there. is AD&D more "complete" than 5th edition?
I have not played AD&D but I can say yes it is more "complete"
Are all the options "good?" I can guarantee they are not without looking at them.
5e is a good game, but it does suffer for it's lack of content. On the plus side, it's lack of content and slow pace greatly reduces the amount of utter shit it would otherwise have (looking at you 3.x)
>>
>>53377943
AD&D has a ridiculous number of modules and splatbooks written for it, but it's also way clunkier than 5e. I love AD&D, but it's also important to remember how much longer it had to develop than 5e has had so far.

5e has a better, more concise and sensical ruleset that actually makes fucking sense. It's way more balanced, too.
>>
File: 1447007706861.jpg (31KB, 269x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447007706861.jpg
31KB, 269x404px
Playing 5e and just got some armor that ended up being cursed with gender change. But my character is a kenu, and as far as I can tell they dont really look different between male and female. Would anyone else in the party, mostly humans, even notice anything? As far as I know about kenu and am currently roleplaying I havent said anything about it yet.
>>
Repostin' from another site

Head-Taker's Axe
Magic Weapon (greataxe), Very Rare (requires attunement)

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. When you kill an intelligent opponent with it, you may collect their head as a trophy imbued with grisly magic. You may have up to three such trophies at any given time, and they grant you the following benefits:

>Your bonus to damage rolls with this weapon increases to +3 if your target is the same species as one of your trophies.
>You gain Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks to notice ambushers or other hostile creatures, as the severed heads screech out warning.If any of your trophies possessed special senses such as darkvision, you count as possessing it for the purpose of these Wisdom checks, but not any other purposes.
>As an action, you may brandish one of your trophies, expending it. Any non-allied creature within 60 feet that can see you must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be Frightened for one minute. At the end of each turn, an affected creature that can no longer see you can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, this effect ends on that creature. Creatures with a challenge higher than that of the trophy's source automatically succeed on their saving throws.
>>
>>53377991
Your DM probably fucking hates you for denying them their magical realm.
>>
>>53377991
with some good knowledge/perception rolls someone might notice something off (change in height, stature, plumage, etc) but it probably wont be noticeable by random joe schmoes unless they are REALLY into birds.
>>
>>53377931
well of course if he was spinning with a hammer this would make sense.
but he's spinning with a chain with a hammer attached. the second hit realistically couldn't possibly be anything other than a glancing blow.

maybe just maybe the first hit will have a little bite and will get a decent amount of force behind the swing, but after the first target they'd be almost zero to no momentium for a follow up hit.

of course if he was to do around 4 revolutions it would work but I have to admit I was having trouble picturing what he was attempting to do.

the first spin would gain momentium
the second spin would hit the first person
the third spin would be to regain the lost momentium and the fourth swing to hit the second. I guess in that sense I'd say the attack can hit a max of 3 people but each target takes 1d4
>>
File: tumblr_n62hoiw3571qjcivho1_1280.jpg (43KB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n62hoiw3571qjcivho1_1280.jpg
43KB, 795x450px
>>53377879
>not just letting him deal maul damage to each enemy within range
>maybe with a rising DR for each target based on how many people he's hitting
I'd honestly be pretty disappointed to. 1d4 on a maul *is* getting cheated...
>>
>>53377986
Basic is about as simple and you can convert almost anything that was published concurrently for AD&D
>>
>>53377879
>take a whole action
>increasing AC bonus
>1d4+str followed by 1+str
That's punishing them for being creative. You stacked limitations on it until it was useless just to drive home that you thought his idea was stupid. Then told him to use the things on his character sheet and use normal attacks.
Let it do normal weapon damage if it takes his entire action.
>the correct way to get "creative" with a fighter?
>how do i demonstrate the correct way to have fun
>>
>>53377951
It is cherry picking considering that a good 40ish percent of OPs are non-anime.

>>53377962
That's one, maybe two people who're mostly around during nonactive hours like the early morning so they don't get slapped by the janitor.
>>
>>53378004
>>53378012
It was a completly random roll magic item. Im just glad I chose to use it over our female half-elf bard. She would have been pissed.
>>
>>53378001
>an intelligent opponent
That's a strange rider. How "intelligent" is intelligent?
>>
As a druid player I'm sick of the druid players who are either
A: Hippies
Or
B: HurDur Imma Animal

Why can't druids be played more as conservative old hermits reluctant to give up their traditional ways?
>>
>want to make a Mystic
>find myself wanting to spread myself butter thin for all dat versatility
Need to streamline my idea badly. My character choice oddly hasn't helped much at all.
>>
>>53378024
I can see where you are coming from, but i think that will be best represented by the scaling AC, even with little momentum, being hit in a soft part with 10 maul is going to suck, plus the more constraints you put on martials for "realism" the better you make casters.
>>
What's the best Paladin Oath? I can't see any reason to take anything other than Vengeance.
>>
>>53378063
Because stereotypes, anon.
>>
I need nicknames for an order of Gourmand knights.

At least like eight of them.
>>
>>53378059
probably, smart enough to be sapient. Having an alignment is a good indicator, as non-sapients will be unaligned probably
>>
>>53378059
i assume he means "sapient" generally in DnD that means int 6+
>>
>>53378073
Oathbreaker.
>>
>>53378053
Yah sure, Your DM is a filthy fucking pervert
>>
>>53375893
Play a stuttering elven shota life cleric.
>>
>>53378073
I can't see any reason to take any other than devotion + great weapon mastery
>>
>>53378087
If my DM lets me take Oathbreaker then obviously I will, but I don't think he would.
>>
>>53378033
I know right, why even use a flail, just attach a chain to the handle of your maul and away you go.
thor is a fucking idiot, he's missing out on so much range with that pussy ass handle. he could be doing 10ft aoe's (not lightning) if those stupid dwarven smiths weren't so cheap with materials.
>>
>>53378073
>What's the best Paladin Oath
You mean, the strongest mechanically? That would be oathbreaker.
>>
>>53378102
Then vengeance is probably your pick. Crown is also really good specifically because of it's spell list, but it comes online late in game, when they finally get Spiritual Guardians.
Paladin of ancients is also bretty good, but he's more defensive, not offensive.
>>
>>53378073
Also
>Not wanting to support your team with devotion or ancient's aura whereas vengeance gets a kinda meh movement level 7
>Thinking advantage against a single opponent as a bonus action is definitely better than an action to get +CHA to hit
>Some of the spells aren't really that useful, such as hunter's mark since you should have PAM or something anyway
Though haste is pretty good.

>>53378102
Yeah. Mechanically it's easily the bset but not really something people will play.
>>
>>53378100
Nice dubs, wanna explain?
>>
>>53378100
There is a reason. If you expect your character to reach level 11, you might want PAM, as PAM is better from that point on, even with devotion's ability.
>>
>>53378067
honestly you have a point there. martials are already lacking.

i just can't help but roll my eyes when players display looks like either a complete lack of emersion in the game or a bad understanding of physics.

my philosophy is if it would make you sigh if you saw it in a movie then it doesn't belong in the game.
I even explain to him that if he lost the chain he'd have a lot more success.
>>
File: 1495403644435.jpg (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1495403644435.jpg
17KB, 255x255px
>Plan on making an OoA/bard build because I thought of how an Ancients Paladin would find it handy to be able to entertain people
>Realized just how ridiculous this can get if I build right
>>
>>53378059

DM's call, but generally "smarter than an ordinary animal" I'd probably put dolphins and chimpanzees right on the cutoff line.
>>
>>53377879
>>53377931
If he wanted this kind of ability, an his weapon was a Maul fluffed as a spike ball and chain style weapon, I'd permit it.

Each foe within 10-15ft has to take a DC8+prof+str Dexterity saving throw or take a hit from the maul.

However doing so is incredibly taxing, and consumes Action Surge.
>>
>>53378188
Actually, checking my old graphs on these things, PAM+GWM isn't so bad. It's pretty much on par with PAM+2strength at level 11.
GWM seems slightly better than PAM before that, but it all depends on how often you can get reaction attacks, obviously. Also not being able to use GWM's bonus attacks or high AC enemies would lower that value.

Oathbreakers obviously don't need GWM, only PAM.

>>53378241
I'd go lorebard6/PaladinX. Grab shillelagh.
>>
>>53378266
that sounds reasonable.
>>
>>53378076
>Pork
>Spicer
>Butcher
>Dinner
>Fork
>Sugar
>Candy
>Pumpkin
>Peanut
>Sprout
>Bean
>Pickles
>Muffin
>>
File: C77V0VoV4AA1BB-.jpg (76KB, 640x543px) Image search: [Google]
C77V0VoV4AA1BB-.jpg
76KB, 640x543px
>>53378039
>taking a whole action
no, no you're totally right he should be able to spin twice, you bet I can't wait for him to hit level 11
>increasing AC bonus
did you know that despite glave being a reach weapon, you are unable to attack a person if there is a person standing in the way. I know wtf now my restriction is looking a little more reasonable
>1d4+str followed by 1+str
>take off chain
>spin around
>don't lose out on tons of damage in exchange for more reach
no no but again you're right, wasting 1 action to find out how effective what he was trying to do was going to be is WAY too much of a punishment.
maybe next time I'll just make it so his maul gets chipped.
>>
>>53378310
What is this, the Lollipop Guild?
>>
>>53378268
What if I'm going a dex build? The character backstory is 9th-10th in line for a throne, and wants to keep it that way, who decides to help his family by traveling the land brining good cheer to the people while also functioning as a diplomat to other countries due to his more subdued and refined nature compared to his rowdy family. (DM has been watching Vikings hard so you get the picture.) I had imagined him using a rapier and a dueling dagger (shield refluffed, and yes going damn near Three Musketeers with this) that's more interested in song, drink and pleasurable company but if push comes to shove has the ability to back up his talk.
>>
>>53378341
>did you know that despite glave being a reach weapon, you are unable to attack a person if there is a person standing in the way.
Not him, but is this true? Don't have the book on me to confirm.
We always just let people attack but the person in the way grants them some cover.
>>
>>53378222
i completely understand but in dnd you are going to have to let this go:
>a bad understanding of physics.

DnD doesn't work on our world's rules and applying them creates a lot of weird interactions. Just assume that all characters, even martials, have some innate magical component within them. This is what lets "ordinary" humans kill giant dragons with a sword, and not end with the dragon laying on top of them and going back to sleep.
>>
Earlier I asked about making a rival NPC for the party's ranger. As was suggested, she'll be a bard with 1 or 3 levels in fighter. Female, either high elf of half elf.

What's a good name for her?
>>
>>53378404
Priscilla Thurogood
>>
>>53378404
Miss-Not-Using-Player-Stats, stat her as a NPC/Monster.
>>
>>53378341
to be quite honest I would've made it a special action like anon suggested and make it take up his action surge.

The dex save by all enemies seems reasonable and isn't that annoying to roll, really. I mean, you do it for your wizard when they cast multi target spells. I'd do it for the fighter too.

Seems like a solid compromise, they get to do something creative with the potential to be effective, but have to sacrifice a resource to do it. Giving it to them for free would be a bad idea and would encourage too much munchkin shit.
>>
File: 1492808221143.jpg (20KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492808221143.jpg
20KB, 300x320px
>>53378427
>>
>>53378404
Melissa Rangerkill, as you've given us no fucking theme to work with other than.

"Elf Bard."
>>
>>53378404
Yeah, better to stat her as an NPC as >>53378427
suggested. But feel free to tack on a couple class features that you want her to have.

This name is good >>53378419
Give her a nice chest while you're at it. And have her laugh like a stuck up bitch.
>>
>>53378458
>Melissa Rangerkill, as you've given us no fucking theme to work with other than.
>"Elf Bard."

Me'lissania R'angerkillithua
>>
>make a one-shot intermission adventure and pre-roll characters for the group
>expedition into the lair of homebrew giant ant monsters
>workers have a weak attack, but can protect their brethren in melee, just like the protection fighting style
>soldiers attack twice per round with high bonuses all around
>as the 6th level group descents into the colony, they encounter a chamber with a dozen ants
>they shit themselves over as previous encounters with two at a time were tough as tits
>suddenly, the druid notices he prepared spike growth
>the ants have no ranged attacks
>worker ants lose over half their hp trying to get closer and the movement still ends in the spikes
>moving them any more would practically kill them
>the druid starts dragging the workers one-by-one through the spikes with thorn whip
>the rest of the group takes care of the soldiers that manage to get closer, but lack the worker-protection synergy

my group has been getting really great lately. the min-maxing veteran really got into roleplaying his character rather than just running ahead like a textbook murderhobo, while the other, lesser-experienced three are finding more and more ways to play efficiently. the druid really surprised me, he usually was a very simple get close->smack the enemy fighter, but has been trying more and more creative ways to get shit done.

the paladin was the least experienced in the group, but has been picking up nicely, although I do grind my teeth at her unwillingness to smite or cast anything other than command - even though most enemies are beasts.
>>
>>53378472
>her unwillingness to smite or cast anything other than command - even though most enemies are beasts
Switch her character sheet with a Mystic that has telepathy and Occluded Mind.
>>
>>53378472
>first couple ants willingly kill themselves on spikes, rest of colony climbs over their bodies

This is how you ants, anon.
>>
>>53378454
Then why did the scrub ask for our opinion?

Player classes are not optimised nor suitable for killing other player classes.
>>
>>53376518
To be fair, Pathfinder is suited for autists/whiners/shits who don't like change, so the system fits you like a glove. Keep playing your spreadsheet simulator and being outclassed by casters at every turn. Unless you play casters, in which case keep lording it over those jocks.
>>
>>53378510
a dozen ants was literally a dozen ants - not enough to carpet the spikes. and I honestly didn't think of that either. I was thinking of climbing the walls, but the ants had no safe way of getting to them either.
>>
>>53378518
He asked for a name not your opinion, sometimes you just let people do things and it either works out well or terrible. No need to try and dissuade him now that he's this far in.
>>
>>53373581
My players have yet to realize that the oceans separating each continent are actually the barriers to another material plane, and every time they sail across it they pass through a storm where the planes overlap.
>>
>>53378472
>the druid really surprised me, he usually was a very simple get close->smack the enemy fighter, but has been trying more and more creative ways to get shit done.
Tell me what he has done.
>>
File: 1478034312476.png (12KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
1478034312476.png
12KB, 599x605px
>>53378591
That actually sounds like a really neat idea.
>>
>>53378568
they dont necessarily have to carpet the spikes, a single file ant bridge would be enough to at least make the PC's buttholes pucker.

Just a thought for the next time you do a similar encounter
>>
What is the point of the Heavy property on weapons?

I mean I get the point is so that halflings and gnomes don't use them, but why? There's no practical advantages to being small in 5e; did they just forget to take the Heavy penalty out after they took out Small benefits in beta?
>>
>>53378627
True, it still would put the party in a better position, especially if they get right up on the spikes and fight them on the makeshift bridge.

Create a choke point with the corpses of their brethren.
>>
>>53374349
Laser beams.
>>
>>53378647
because 5e doesn't really have small/large weapons, it's just to show that a 10' pike is basically unwieldable by a 2ft tall gnome.
>>
>>53378620
I'm waiting for the eventual, "well, let's build a teleportation circle so we can fast travel from home base to major city on X continent," only for it to drop them off on a completely different material plane that they have no idea existed. I'm almost certain I'm gonna drop the party on the, "dinosaurs only continent" when they do that.
>>
>>53378647
I'd probably make a homebrew feat that lets small races ignore this if they really want to satisfy the tiny guy with a huge ass sword trope.
>>
But the point is, she doesn't need to have action surge, she needs to have Legendary Actions.

She doesn't need to have fighter levels for more health, she just needs to be given more health.

She doesn't need Extra attack, she just needs Multi-Attack.

NPCs are not PCs.
>>
>>53378703
yes.
>>
>>53378703
Do it and report back what happens
>>
okay fuck all these that guy threads. lets all talk about times we were that guy/DM and relised it.

>DMing new game in 5e
>tell everyone that UA is open for business and that they shouldn't be to worried about their character is as it's roleplay focused and all that matters is the fact that their character isn't "the chosen one" or "sent by god"
>everyone comes back with character and it's all fine
>guy come up to me with arcane archer
>asks me if he can fluff all the magic effects as tinkering arrows
do you even know what tinkering is?
>it's like engineering right?
no it's clockwork shit, if you can explain to me how the effects of each shot is possible by means of clockwork I'll allow it
>I was just thinking I could make a green arrow or hawkeye kind of character
but that makes no sense, the arcane archer is suppossed to be exactly that, it's meant to be green arrow and hawkeye with added dnd magic fluff to make it fit the world.
>he conceeds and we play as normal

>go home
>start thinking of cool mechanical ways the arrows could work
>start to regret being a dick
>realise that I was just assuming that he'd leave the descriptive shit to me and that I'd be put on the spot
>>
>>53378773
did you tell him later that you made a mistake and he could proceed with his original plan? Otherwise you are STILL that guy.
>>
>>53378364
There's not really any reason not to pick up shillelagh and go entirely charisma to attack with.

Charisma is more useful to you than dex, really. And at that point you then either want 14 dex for medium armour or 15 strength for plate armour.

I mean, you can go dex with rapier instead and you'd still contribute fine but there's no real benefit other than saving a magical secrets and potentially being able to go valor, even though eventually you'll probably get extra attack from paladin anyway.

Though you could do paladin2/bardX, or better if your DM lets you do UAbladelock3/BardX, though that's UA multiclassing. Though if it's paladin2/stuff you could do paladin2/sorcerer for bonus action GFB/Bb.
>>
>>53373581
The first time I ever played, it was as a sorcerer with a crippling phobia of being touched by people they didn't REALLY like.
We started off in the Lost Mines campaign, and after our Fighter got downed by a heavily-charred wolf that I burned with Fire Bolt after it broke off the chain and basically instantly downed him by tackling him to the ground and then growling at me. While in melee range.
My character flipped her shit and killed it with a Thunderclap. Which also forced the Fighter to take a death save.

I later also casted Burning Hands on him in a room that was just him and some Bugbears. My character is TN and had a tendency to be petty, so she considered it payback for the time where the Fighter grappled her for trying to kill the thing that was talking inside her head.
>>
>>53378073
Vengance is the best 1v1.
Redemption has the best AC and durability while reflecting damage back and healing endlesly.
Ancients is the best at party support with resistance to ALL magic.
>>
>>53378804
>>53378364
Actually, had a quick think about it, even for paladin2/bardX you'd probably want to then use lord bard and get booming blade + shillelagh for your level 6, it'd likely be better than extra attack once you hit level 11 total (which would only be three levels away at that point)
.. But again, you can probably do fine as a dex build.
>>
>>53378834
>All magic
Only from spells.

Also
>UA Paladins, ever
>>
>>53378591
My players have yet to realize that their world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to their minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded their world with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ckXQoBw2M#t=1m45
>>
>>53378804
>>53378841
This is why I talk to these threads, I'm a story kinda guy and can come up with ideas, the crunch I'm decent at but no where near the greatest.
>>
>>53378674
I get that, but all the important weapons (that is, the ones that pair with feats) are gated behind the Heavy property, with the exception of Quarterstaffs, I guess. Is 5e saying no halflings or gnomes can ever make reasonable use of these feats? What's the tradeoff?

>>53378715
Maybe, but that's still assigning an extra cost to Small characters for no tradeoff.
>>
File: Cinial Unseen.png (118KB, 464x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Cinial Unseen.png
118KB, 464x1072px
THE UNSEEN

A creature type, and three examples (reposted from another site)

>Unknown to the World.
The Unseen are alien to the known planes of the existence, and it is still a matter of debate whether they should be considered summoned monsters or strange constructs. To bring one into existence is a delicate and time-consuming procedure, in which the creator must prove from the simplest magical principles that the existence of the Unseen is inevitable, inscribing the entirety of their work on an appropriate substance as they do so. The act of inscribing this complex formula of arcane mathematics not only forces an animating energy into the substrate, but fundamentally alters it into a living body for the unseen. Once thus created or conjured, the unseen in question will serve its master unfailingly - assuming, of course, that the equation defining them includes also a flawless proof of their loyalty to their individual creator.

>Unseen by All.
The defining feature of the Unseen is the veil that surrounds them. Each one is surrounded by a phenomenon that cloaks it from sight and shields it from the world. Without its aura the Unseen will perish within minutes, as reality asserts itself and transmutes the beast back into an inanimate lump of matter inscribed with damaged script.

>Unchanged by Time.
Each Unseen is ageless and immortal, barring violent death. Even when subject to physical harm, they do not respond as any natural creature. The magic sustaining them absorbs the damage leaving the body utterly intact, until they are overwhelmed and collapse immediately into inanimate materials. While they are capable of altering their actions in response to new knowledge, their attitude and personality are fixed at the moment of their creation. Even their servitude is eternal, enduring long past the death of their creator - although they may become free to act as they see fit should all of their existing orders be completed or rendered invalid.
>>
>>53378720
This is all assuming she's being made solely to fight the party, my understanding was it's just a rival so who cares if it's an NPC stat block or the DM has to work more using a PC set up?
>>
>>53378898

The Cinial is the most common variant of Unseen, as well as the weakest. Requiring only a sufficiently large mass of volcanic rock and a months labour from a dedicated magical theorist, they have historically been used against weak massed enemies, with a single one capable of disrupting and scattering an entire formation.Should their master fail to bind them or allow them to escape their servitude, they revert to an animalistic intelligence. A freed Cinial will likely build a lair full of flammable objects to ensure it cannot be deprived easily of a smoke veil, and then periodically embark on hunting sprees in which it attempts to kills and burn away any animal larger than a rabbit. Seen outside of its cloud, a Cinial has pockmarked grey skin, a roughly humanoid upper body, and three legs arranged equidistant around the base of its body. Its face is completely blank, but can split open into a vertical maw to speak or eat.
>>
>>53378878
It's nowhere near as bad as a barbarian or paladin or fighter without feats, it's just being slightly suboptimal because you didn't use your magical secrets to use odd cantrips in odd ways, which is perfectly fine.
I'd choose if you want 2, 5, 6, 7 or 11 levels of paladin as the first thing, though.
>>
File: Stelliger Unseen.png (157KB, 464x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Stelliger Unseen.png
157KB, 464x1367px
>>53378918

The Stelliger Unseen was devised for war against the undead forces of Iberia's Divine Marriage. Engraved on an alloy of copper and gold with a diamond-tipped stylus, this Unseen is physically smaller than the Cinial, but of significantly greater mystic potency and durability. To most, it appears merely as a sphere of blinding light, lashing out with hair-thin filament. Should one somehow see through the glare surrounding it, or should its veil be dispelled, it appears as a parody of the human form - sickly grey and no larger than a child, its arms and legs stick-thin and many-jointed, its entire body tangled in its knotted grey hair, and its face lacking any features beyond a pair of burned-black eyes.

Should a stelliger escape its bindings, or be invoked freely, it is likely to seek a hiding place in which to lair. These creatures dislike heat and open spaces, but also possess a yearning to be nearer the sky. These urges often lead them into high mountain caves and ruined towers in the far north. Once settled, they will begin cleansing nearby areas of any undead life. This crusade has led them to be mistaken for Celestial beings, but their amoral nature becomes evident once their initial work is complete - they will make a point of monitoring any humanoids nearby, and slaying the elderly, diseased, and any others they consider at risk of dying, to ensure that new undead do not rise up. Despite this, they are not averse to forming alliances with mortals against powerful undead - although their inability to speak or be seen makes communication difficult at best.
>>
>>53378905
In which case, she doesn't need Bard for proficiencies in X skills, just fucking give her the proficiencies you want her to have.

She doesn't need fighter for that extra ASCI so she can get 20 Charisma, just give her 20 Charisma.
>>
>>53378884
>I get that, but all the important weapons (that is, the ones that pair with feats) are gated behind the Heavy property, with the exception of Quarterstaffs, I guess. Is 5e saying no halflings or gnomes can ever make reasonable use of these feats? What's the tradeoff?
There is no tradeoff. but a somple fix could be, at least for great weapon master, have versatile weapons offer -3, +6 when two handed.
>>
File: Deprensus Unseen.png (126KB, 464x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Deprensus Unseen.png
126KB, 464x1110px
>>53378935

While the Cinial and Stelliger Unseen were great successes as weapons of war, their very nature denies them the possibility of subtlety. The Deprensus Unseen was an attempt to bypass this limit and create a specimen equally capable of gathering intelligence and slaying armies. While the experiment was clearly successful, the nature of the beast limited its use - the living mind simply will not perceive it. The weak-willed ignore its presence completely, save to subconsciously step out of its way, while those of great mental fortitude can force themselves to notice it as an absence, a sucking void that will appear to close itself if their attention wavers for even a moment. The master is not immune to this effect, and as such, most sorcerers prefer more reliable minions, such as familiars or bound devils. The requirements to create a Deprensus further limit its use - it must be carved into a single piece of living human or elvish flesh massing at least eight hundred pounds, generally requiring the sorceror to graft several living individuals together before beginning their work.

Should a Deprensus gain its freedom through luck or hubris, it is likely to occupy a small and isolated settlement. These slothful creatures may simply steal food, but more ambitions specimens may cast themselves as an unseen god or spirit, granting what minor favors they see fit in exchange for tribute and worship. Once secure, they may also attempt to gain the knowledge of how they were created - for they alone among the Unseen possess the desire to reproduce, possibly due to their fleshy origin. More than one Deprensus-cult has been rooted out when authorities either caught its minions stealing tomes of lore, or discovered the failed results of its experiments.
>>
>>53378898
>>53378935
>both statblocks are giant walls of text
just no.
>>
>>53378341
Is there a reason why you're stopping his creativity?
Why must creativity be dictated through you? You're playing a cooperative game not a "sir, may I" autist fest.
>>
>about to fight a kraken tonight
>struggling to think of ways to FightGyver it other than dropping my resizing boulder on it from way up high
My usual bunch of tricks isn't useful against such massive creatures. Otherwise, all I've got is a harpoon gun, a trained axebeak in stone fullplate, our airship, and a portion of a cultist ship drenched in oil that can be ignited.
>>
>>53378926
Thanks m8
>>
>>53378974
>all I've got is a harpoon gun, a trained axebeak in stone fullplate, our airship, and a portion of a cultist ship drenched in oil that can be ignited.
shit, what do you need us for? you're fucking set.
>>
>>53378974
You know what to do, charge into the maw of the beastie.
>>
>>53378997
Because I remember krakens being able to shoot lightning, so I'm pretty sure flying in circles and firing harpoons all day isn't going to cut it.

>>53379001
I do have two bags of holding and a means of teleporting.
>>
>>53378960
all you get is a (you)
try harder next time.
>>
>>53378938
Calm down m80, no one is taking your screeching seriously he's going to make her, to my knowledge, using a PC setup and there's not a fucking thing you can do about.
>>
>>53378974
Pray tell, what exactly is in your bag of tricks when your aren't struggling?
>>
>>53378960
Barrel clause.

If you say the Fighter can attack everything within 10ft with a maul at no cost, why should he not just do it every round?

Infact, the wizard notices that it is stronger than his cantrips, so he puts a chain on his longsword and starts spinning it too because why not?
>>
>>53379018
a harpoon gun, a trained axebeak in stone fullplate, our airship, and a portion of a cultist ship drenched in oil that can be ignited

Drop flaming cultist ship onto kraken
>>
What would be some names for places dedicated to schools of magic? Some are in cities, some are on top of mountains or in caves, etc.

They aren't full on schools, usually only populated by a small handful of people, but I'm coming up with nothing for a name for these places
>>
>>53379043
Why not have the enemies keep their distance afterwards or at least get into a formation where spin attacking won't work?
>>
>>53379040
I mean he can do what the fuck he wants, I'm just advising him that doing it in that method is objectively shit.

He can give her 28 Dexterity and Extra attack (12) and a Terrasque-scale armour that reflects spells if he wants. It doesn't mean it's not retarded.
>>
>>53379069
Having every other encounter use specific tactics to combat the legendary spinny winny hammer man sounds like a bad idea to me
>>
>>53378617
Well, nothing too spectacular, but on his fighter, he eventually went arcane knight, and one of the spells he picked was find familiar. An owl turns out to be the perfect scout and a pretty great problem-solver - I had them retrieve a small package that was just of their reach, and he asked his owl to simply pick it up. I'm not a very experienced or great DM, so I constantly get stumped by some solutions things I didn't expect, but he doesn't just throw his owl at everything or use it as a tool, he roleplays it kinda like a ranger's animal companion or as if his character was into falconry. He is also usually the one to notice that it might be a good idea to rinse your armor when coming back to town.

The min-maxer plays a frenzy barbarian and is nigh-unkillable, I honestly tried stomping them with a swarm of mobs a few times and only managed to bring him down to about 30% hp. I've played with him for about two years and he usually was very reserved on the roleplaying aspects, but he has started doing more of that now, even if it's mostly a stereotypical "dumb barbarian goes around half-naked and misinterprets everything".

We have a trickery cleric that is very mischievious - in the chaotic good way - and always trying to pull terrible practical jokes, for example moving around the books in the finely sorted library of the high priest. But his entire personality completely goes away when combat starts, and he suddenly manages to choose his actions and spells carefully. Sure, most players do that, but still.

Especially since the paladin is always heavily in-character. Vengeance, all about righting a wrong, the standard story of being banished from her realm for unintended treason, the works. Although alignment reads "CG", she is very much LG, follows a very strict moral code and sticks to how somebody with the noble background would behave.

All in all, a fun group. The campaign has had its ups and downs, as I'm not the greatest DM, but it's a fun ride.
>>
There is an empire in my setting that mostly consists of Dragonborn.

Besides their standard weaponry of scimitars, their breath weapons, cannons, airships, guard drake mounts, navy, etc...

What other sort of stuff would a Dragonborn army use for warfare? Would they lure a Wyvern far from its home with raw meat and foods until they dump a bunch in an enemy camp from above? Would they trap a basilisk in the back of a cart with a little slit they could open to petrify opposing forces?

What stuff runs through your minds?
>>
>>53379102
If you had bothered reading that's what I was getting at, sometimes you have to let people do something that's worse than all the other options for them to realize why.

So next time don't get so worked up over someone doing something wrong, especially if they asked something not related to wether it's good or not.
>>
I can not find the blurb on vampires as PCs (should be page 296 of the MM) anywhere online and don't own a Monster Manual, could anyone either point me to where I could find this (or just the entire MM) or just post it?
>>
>>53376473
>Smiteknight
What's that?
>>
>>53379065
depends on the place, geography, etc. The name doesn't necessarily have to be obviously magic related.

Could be College of X, (Name's) Grove, Lightning Peak, etc.

They don't all have to be Mage's Mage School of Magic. Most people will likely shorten the name. Hell, Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is simply referred to as Hogwarts by most. Or think of our schools, Yale, Brown, MIT, Notre Dame, etc. most of those we know are schools simply because they are famous schools.
>>
>>53379041
Things useful against shit that aren't giants, which hasn't really come up that much in SKT.

But I've got like four war- and sledgehammers, about 30+ javelins, a pound of cinnamon and a pound of flour, several bags of caltrops and ball bearings, like 200 feet of rope (some of it silk) with most of it currently tied to the airship so no one goes flying off, a bunch of ink and oil flasks, crowbar, two portable rams, a tent, grappling hook, a metrick fuckton of pitons and other metal spikes, some awakened shrubs and a tree, my bag of holding (which probably has some wacky shit in it, including the headless corpse of a white wyrmling), a couple of potions (chief among them being two varieties of Giant's Strength and a Gaseous Form), a rock that transforms into a massive boulder, the ability to teleport, Slow Fall, Deflect Arrows, and cast Silence, various other odds and ends, and a nice beard. All the real magic items are with the rest of the party because my Giant-proof shield is with a bunch of Wizards getting repaired.

>>53379046
Our airship is like a dinghy compared to this cult boat, how would we lift it onto the kraken? Also it's holding the thing at the moment.
>>
>>53378958

Well, yes, it's a statblock - they literally consist of mechanics and numbers.

Do you mean that the abilities are overcomplicated, and should be slimmed down, rephrased and/or cut?
>>
>>53379027
Continue being a no fun allowed DM. Those are legitimate questions.
>>
>>53379043
Don't play the enemies like a retard.
>>
>>53379226
Post using homebrewery, don't spam the threads.
>>
>>53379043
>not putting a cooldown on the barrel or maul-spin
>>
File: IMG_7340.jpg (99KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7340.jpg
99KB, 500x346px
>>53379214
Your only option seems to be stealth/deception.
>>
>>53377297
Incapcaited not Paralyzed.

Para is literally frozen solid can't move an inch, think literal paralasis.

Incapped is stuck in place writhing unable to act.
>>
>>53379214
>Our airship is like a dinghy compared to this cult boat, how would we lift it onto the kraken?
well then you gotta give us actual info, anon, if you list two ships, we can only assume they are of similar size

>Also it's holding the thing at the moment.
Set that bitch on fire.

>>53379226
>Well, yes, it's a statblock - they literally consist of mechanics and numbers.
yeah but most aren't small novelas.

>Do you mean that the abilities are overcomplicated, and should be slimmed down, rephrased and/or cut?
I'm saying it's long enough that no one is even going to bother reading that shit.
For example look at Mental Veil, you have
>a conditional saving throw
>failed save result
>extra bad save result
>multiple saves against the power
>save modifiers based on success of previous save
>a means of modifying saving throw against the power.

That is just one power. Calm your fucking ass down.
>>
>>53377879
>Hey one of my players had a creative idea, it seems a little wonky though
>I know I'll gut it instead of making it meh
>What do you mean you think I'm shitting on your ideas?
>All I did was hold them up to real world standards in a a game where people shoot fireballs and you fight dragons.

Sounds like you went a little too far here and it's no wonder some of the magic is gone for him. Also:
>My idea of being creative is picking a shitty class a focusing on roleplay

Maybe realize creative doesn't mean pick a shit class then only be useful in role-playing.
>>
>>53379302
You're right, suddenly the party are facing an army of greataxe spinning orcs and dual-chain-scmiatar spinning goblins.
>>
>>53378341
There is no trait that screams "bad DM" louder than falling for the
>1d4 improvised damage
meme. The good news is that this condition is treatable.
>>
>>53379424
I would, no joke, play the shit out of that game.
>>
>>53379385
>a conditional saving throw
>failed save result
>extra bad save result
>multiple saves against the power
>save modifiers based on success of previous save
>a means of modifying saving throw against the power.

>That is just one power. Calm your fucking ass down.

That sounds like some 3.x or old school D&D shit, which this edition doesn't encourage.
>>
>>53379440
>the orcish army descends on the town
>but the brave defenders have erected metal pipes pointing into the sky every five feet
GET KEKED GREENSKINS
>>
>>53379459
10 foot poles are even more useful now, but only reusable if they're metal.
>>
File: DYzM5.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
DYzM5.gif
204KB, 500x375px
There any classes based around brewing potions? I'm looking for a healer, but clerics are a bit overplayed.
>>
>>53379493
Artificer from latest UA
>>
>>53379493
I believe the UA artificer has a potion brewing archetype.
>>
>>53379493
Alchemist.
Wizards/Warlocks(?) with that stupid UA spell.
>>
File: IMG_7341.jpg (385KB, 932x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7341.jpg
385KB, 932x1280px
Waiting for this thread to cap before asking my question in the next one.
>>
>>53379434
>1d4 improvised
This bothers me
>throwing a melee weapon that doesn't have the thrown property deals 1d4 damage
>Your greatsword that normally does 2d6 damage now does 1d4 even though you hit him square on
>>
>>53377909
>cherry picking
It's literally the OPs of that week when it was made. That's how bad /pfg/ is. You require no manipulation, or deception to make a case against them.
>>
>>53376610
>they have fifty arbitrary systems in place for exactly the thing you were thinking, so just roll
>and fail because you didn't devote enough feats, skill ranks, class levels, and magic item budget to this rare corner of the rules.
>>
>>53379541
With that, I'd say no proficiency to AB, and 1d10 damage (which is just a step in damage die down) because it's being used wrong.
>>
>>53379459
>Metal poles have no saving throw, thus auto-fail.
>Automatically taking damage.
>A metal pole as an average sized metal resilient object would have 10hp.
>Orc walks through them, snapping each with a single attack.
>>
>>53379385

Good point, and thanks for the feedback!

I've cut the veil & nature abilities down into single, simpler abilities. Are these better?

>Veil of Smoke
The Cinial is surrounded by a veil of smoke, which blocks vision for other creatures and replenishes at the start of each of its turns if it is removed. The Cinial is poisoned at any time it is not within its smoke. Other creatures entering the cloud must succeed on a DC 13 constitution saving throw or be poisoned until they leave.

>Veil of Light
Any creature within 50 feet that looks directly at the Stelliger must succeed on a DC 15 constitution saving throw or be blinded. They may repeat this save at the end of each of their turns. Darkness and similar spells can suppress this for 1d4 rounds, during which the Stelliger is poisoned and loses its flight speed.

>Veil of Minds
Intelligent creatures that attempt to perceive the Deprensus must succeed on a DC 16 wisdom saving throw or treat the creature as invisible and inaudible. They may repeat this save on each of their turns. If a creature succeeds on this save, the Deprensus takes 1d8 damage and becomes aware of their direction.
>>
>>53379568
That's basically what I ended up doing too, though I just had it done at disadvantage instead of no proficiency. Thinking about it your way is probably better
>>
File: 1493492840418.jpg (64KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493492840418.jpg
64KB, 194x300px
>>53379284
if you insist they are legitimate I'll belive you but I'll also have to assume that you're very unintelligent

>Is there a reason why you're stopping his creativity?
I didn't stop him from doing it, I tried my best to make the outcome as close to what would realistically happen in a best case scenario within the limitations of the game. theres been debate on whether or not that's the best method of DMing but overall this post won me over >>53378266

>Why must creativity be dictated through you?
not entirely certain was exactly it is you're asking here, it seems like a rhetorical question rather than a real question but again if you insist it's a real question I'll try my best to anwser.
regardless of your method of DMing whether it's hands off or hands on world building, free roam or railroaded stories or even bar wench vs succubus (male). it's up to the DM above everyone else, to try to immerse the entire group in the world.

honestly I've let magic casters get away with a lot of ridicioulous shit but only because it felt belivable. phsyical things are wierd like that. again refering back to the post, if he used a ball and chain what he was trying to do would feel a lot more natrual. it's not about limiting creativity it's about rewarding ingenuity. a person once casted gust of wind and held up a cloth to get more movement so I doubled the 15 ft push to a 30ft push basicly allowing the character to do a long jump without taking the jump spell

another guy used mold water to slowly make a defensive moat before battle to create rough terrain.

on the other hand I let my monk do submission holds and slams allowing him to get damage out of his grapples and let a person stab a poison vile attached to someones leg just because he asked me where they keep their poison as they faught.

if anything allowing basic ass idea like spinning with a chain attached to a maul kills creativity because as the idea doesn't have to be good, just original
>>
File: IMG_7342.jpg (401KB, 934x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7342.jpg
401KB, 934x1280px
No joke I've printed most of theses
>>
>>53379569
DMG 246-247. Objects have AC (19 in this case) and optionally damage thresholds (hardness).
>>
>>53379541
Odds are you're not exactly impaling them square on the point of the blade, or making a precise cut with a sweeping strike.

You're literally hurling it and it is maybe scratching them, or bouncing off them, or just nicking them but without the controlled force of a swing then it's not going to cut through them, just sort of glance off.

If you get a critical hit, then you've succesfully landed a solid strike with it at range, granting you 2d4+STR damage, which is closer to what a Greatsword would do.
>>
File: IMG_7343.jpg (508KB, 919x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7343.jpg
508KB, 919x1280px
>>53379617
I'll stop now.
>>
>>53379609
Yeah, "no proficiency" is supposed to be the whole downside to improvised attacks and the whole point of Tavern Brawler (which gives you Improvised Weapon proficiency).

At low levels this is more forgiving than disadvantage, which tends to equal out to ~3-6 (depending on your target AC) rather than the 2-3 that proficiency is.
>>
What's the best Barbarian build for someone sick of GWM?
>>
>>53377029
I spent a week going through guides and the raw options to make a melee monk with the same combat abilities as my zen archer. After that much research and setup, It looked like it'd be fun to play. It died in one attack. This pretty much exemplifies how pf really is shit.
>>
>>53379622
It can have AC36 if it wants, but these spin attacks are Dex-Saves, thus they are automatically hit.

And they MIGHT have a hardness instead if we're introducing variant-rules, but that rule is mostly discarded for them having scaling AC based on material.
>>
>>53379670
I like Fell Handed
>>
File: tavernbrawler.png (120KB, 1087x826px) Image search: [Google]
tavernbrawler.png
120KB, 1087x826px
>>53379670
Tavern Brawler Jackie Chan.
>>
Are melee rangers worth playing? Do they have a "best" archetype? The underdark one in UA seems cool
>>
File: Kensei revision.png (52KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
Kensei revision.png
52KB, 350x352px
>>53375064
>what's the point of this class?
>hurrr cause its basic
stop being such a faggot.
>>53376554
It no longer lists that feature in the subclass revision. Unless I'm mistaken on how the revision clarifies things.
>>
>>53379670
Barbarogue
Lance halfling
Sword and board really
>>
File: IMG_7345.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7345.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>53379705
That's just...nevermind
>>
>>53379716
Monk weapons can use DEX or STR.
>>
File: 1449444878474.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1449444878474.png
226KB, 468x345px
>1d4 thrown greatsword
https://youtu.be/_hfLZozBVpM?t=8m10s
The chainmail is fake, you can't thrust a spear through real chainmail, so a sword would be worse with the tapered edge. Car hoods are also pretty weak, but it's also better than a 1d4 dagger.
>>
>>53379615
>honestly I've let magic casters get away with a lot

Aaaaaand we're done, pack it up everyone we found the issue, autistic shit DM who maintains he isn't.
>>
>>53379739
Thanks
>>
>>53379753
>coldsteel
pssssssh
>>
>>53379738
Fucking amazing is what it is.
>>
>>53379713
Personally, none of the other features compare to the extra attacks, utility, hp and the like you get from Beast-Masters animal companion.

>>53379670
Best, or most fun?

Dwarf Battlerager is crazy fun, not entirely powerful but I had a fantastic time playing one from start to finish.

I've had a player in my game be a Dragonborn Barbarian using the Dragonborn Rage feat for +1AC and 1d4 Slashing claws.

One I think might be crazy fun.

Wood Elf Barbarian using a Glaive, with Polearm Master and Elven Accuracy for those 3d20 reckless attacks.
>>
>>53378310
I love most of them, thanks
>>
>>53379599
>>Veil of Smoke
>The Cinial is surrounded by a veil of smoke, which blocks vision for other creatures and replenishes at the start of each of its turns if it is removed. The Cinial is poisoned at any time it is not within its smoke. Other creatures entering the cloud must succeed on a DC 13 constitution saving throw or be poisoned until they leave.

instead of the monster being "poisoned" just say it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. That way you don't have to worry about interactions from spells/abilities that may work on poisoned targets.

>>Veil of Light
>Any creature within 50 feet that looks directly at the Stelliger must succeed on a DC 15 constitution saving throw or be blinded. They may repeat this save at the end of each of their turns. Darkness and similar spells can suppress this for 1d4 rounds, during which the Stelliger is poisoned and loses its flight speed.

limit to 1 minute, see above about poisoned.

>>Veil of Minds
>Intelligent creatures that attempt to perceive the Deprensus must succeed on a DC 16 wisdom saving throw or treat the creature as invisible and inaudible. They may repeat this save on each of their turns. If a creature succeeds on this save, the Deprensus takes 1d8 damage and becomes aware of their direction.
Get rid of "intelligent creatures," it's unnecessary. As GM you will control the actions of all non-sentients, anyways.
>>
Hi, getting to level 4 soon, wondering if I should take a feat or ability score improvement for a gnome wizard.
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 14
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 14
AC 11
>>
>>53379716
I don't like archetypes that only serve to negate a class's flaws and introduce nothing interesting.
>>
>>53379418
honestly I wish I had the energy to explain what suspension of disbelief is to another legitimate retard but I'm saving it for people who have fully functioning brains so I'll have to give you a little snippet.

just because it's not 100% realistic, doesn't mean that people can't be immersed. the less familiar we are with something (magic, multiple humanoid races, giant monsters), the simpler it is to believe. the closer it is to reality (attaching a maul a chain and spinning around), the harder it is to believe.
just a reminder that your average everyday NPC in DnD has 6hp.
are you saying that spinning a maul on a chain in a 10ft circle should be about to knock out multiple people?
>>
>>53379841
>are you saying that spinning a maul on a chain in a 10ft circle should be about to knock out multiple people?
not that anon, but yes. 10lbs of steel to the dome will knock someone the fuck out.
>>
>session #12 in a row where someone is 20m+ late
end me
>>
>>53379493
The potion spell from starter spells is pretty nice. Not a class based around it, but it's fun to be able to leave emergency med kits on yourself for when there's no healers.
>>
>>53378222
>a bad understanding of physics.
An attack that reduces hp only means it makes it easier to land a finishing blow on the enemy. You aren't literally bouncing a maul off every enemy you damage. Hp are not meat points.

So I guess my peeve would be DMs with a bad understanding of D&D.
>>
>>53379831
Same anon here, I'm considering taking lucky because my dice roll badly often and that could really screw over my attackers. Additionally, I'm a wizard.
>>
>>53379761
>taking one half a sentence from a 300 word post so you can throw around your ebin "autism" maymay

when I play DnD I don't focus on story or combat. I focus on Roleplaying. the least of my worries is "wahhh mages are stronger". especially seeing as it has been this way since before I was even born.

keep being a fucking faggot who complains that his roleplaying game doesn't have 100% balance and I'll keep laughing like fuckers like you.

if being powerful matters so much, just suck it up and play cleric, moon druid, wizard like all the other that guys.

this is coming from a fighter main.
>>
>>53379831
Ranking that INT up to 20 should be your primary goal, means more accurate spells, more effective spells, and more potent DC's.
>>
>>53379510
Which alchemist? There are several homebrew classes. Too many work exclusively with Bombs.
>>
>>53379937
UA Artificer, subclass Alchemist
>>
>>53379937
I flubbed the name and meant Artificer but several other posters got it right and >>53379942 it's the archetype name anyway so
>>
>>53379860
hitting all of them in the head would be pretty fucking impressive seeing as he's a dwarf.
>>
>>53379937
UA artificier alchemist, combine that with the healer feat and you've got pretty powerful recovery tools with bandaging each player on a short rest and each a healing potion every long rest.
>>
>>53379958
head, knee, balls, ankle, 10lbs of steel will fuck anything it hits.
>>
>>53379827

Alright, thanks! I'm just wondering why there's a 1-minute limit, though, since the victim can save every round anyways.

Also, the reason that Veil of Minds had extra bad on a fail by 5 or more was a justification for how it can hide in plain sight so easily - your average peasant with +0 wisdom save takes damage on average result, so he's incentivised to just not try unless it's attacking him. But you're right, as DM I can just fluff some BS about non-heroes being too weak to try or something instead.
>>
>>53379971
simply brings it in line with most powers/prevents fuckery
>>
>>53380018
New thread is here.
>>
>>53378382
>We always just let people attack but the person in the way grants them some cover.
This is the rule. You're doing fine.
>>
>>53378647
There's the GWM feat that cares about Heavy also, and you could make different conditions care about the weapon's "bigness" too. Like fighting on ice and you have disadvantage with Heavy weapons or have to roll to avoid slipping on the ice when you attack.

But no, it doesn't generally have any purpose, same as there's generally no point in the hand crossbow being Light.
>>
>>53379841
>This guy can shoot fireballs and do all kinds of crazy shit
>This guy just kinda swings and hits things

>>53379924
Where did I say any of that? Sounds like you're pretty defensive about no one agreeing with you in the back half of the thread. Face it instead of gutting it completely a balance could have been made.

Also who gives a shit about power levels here, if people can be immersed that magic and shit is flying why wouldn't they be immersed at some super human strength shit?

Oh that's right only martials would have to follow the real world rules and you're so used to being gimped that you force others to be the same.
>>
What's the most broken character build you've used or seen another player make within the confines of a vanilla game (no real homebrew stuff)

As a rule amongst my friends any well built paladin just does so much better than the other classes, but I'm wondering if there isn't something completely degenerate available
>>
>>53379183
You're clearly not from around here. You should read the OP to get familiar with how things work in these parts.

Because there's a link in the OP
>>
>>53379739
Specifically, they can use Dex instead of Str. Unlike Finesse which allows you to use your choice of Dex or Str. This is what allows you to use Str when you throw Darts, and it does not allow you to use Str when you pick Longbow as a Kensei weapon.
>>
>>53379924
>especially seeing as it has been this way since before I was even born.
You were born after third edition was published?
>>
>>53380381
Halfling divination wizard with the lucky feat is just about the most disgusting thing you can do, UA or not
>>
>>53380381
Battlemaster with a Hand Crossbow, Sharpshooter and Crossbow master is pretty sick.
>>
It occurs to me that one can make a Hexblade whose patron is Curse of Strahd's sunsword.
>>
>>53374503
Fun fact, my DM pulled something like this one me too.

We were running high level curse of strahd, and resented the idea of making a Magic Jar * Simulacrum combo of Ireena, in which the snow of the simulacrum was made entirely of Holy Water.
>>
>>53379615
So you admit to favoring casters while shitting on the fighters because it's more realistic for the casters. Guess what you blithering autistic retard, you're playing a fantasy game.
Stop being a no fun allowed severe autist and learn to properly DM.
>>
>>53379615
If you insist on realism in d&d then you are brain dead, realistically monsters can't exist, realistically the arcane and divine casters can't exist.
Stop being a complete autistic retard.
>>
>>53380381
Can someone define "well built Paladin" for me pls; I'm inexperienced with the class.
>>
>>53381557
One in which you have fun fullfilling the goals you set out for it.
>>
Are there any resources for official gameworlds like Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc, that aren't edition specific? Like just atlases that contain lore, important locations, maps, stuff like that, without rules info? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Thread posts: 422
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.