[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to find the right artifact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: reliquary.jpg (115KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
reliquary.jpg
115KB, 500x400px
So I've been looking through my Pathfinder books for an artifact (major or minor, I don't care which at this point) to give to a 1st level party that would kick-off an adventure. The problem is finding the right one that will meet the following criteria:

1: needs to be something inherently interesting enough to build an adventure around.
2: something that while inherently useful is not so OP for their APL that it instantly TPK's the party or completely breaks the game I don't want their every solution to be "use the artifact" but at the same time it needs to be useful enough that they want to hold onto it.

Any suggestions?

and "Don't play Pathfinder" is not a valid suggestion
>>
>>53372956
make up your own goddamn fucking artifact jesus christ how bad are you leave and don't come back don't ever GM a game again
>>
>>53372956
Stop playing RPGs. They're clearly not for you.
>>
Just make a magic weapon of some sort and make it plot relevant.
>>
>>53372956
Don't play Pathfinder
>>
>>53373911
>>53373920
>>53374822
>>53375288

fuck you I just want some help

dozens of books there should be something to help me out right?

if making up things your own artifact were easy there'd be no need for books
>>
>>53372956
You should probably be spending as much time or more coming up with a plausible reason someone more important than a bunch of level 1 PCs doesn't walk up and take the fucking thing.
>>
>>53375755
Here's some help: use your fucking imagination.
>>
>>53375755
Swearing is bad for the soul
>>
>>53375881
Dude, step away from the computer and go outside, you clearly need to improve your social skills.
>>
>>53375755
I'll help you homebrew some stuff anon, but you need a basic idea of what you need first, what do you want this item to help with, and if possible take from inspiration from OP items and just water it down
>>
>>53375881
>>53375955
lol you are autisms cuck
>>
>>53375755
>>53379403

"no"
>>
>>53372956
Sphere of Annihilation.

It WILL go wrong, but that's half the fun.
>>
>>53372956
Just saying you could always make your own artifact.
>>
petrified penis of great gold wyrm.
>>
>>53372956
ring and marble

when the ring is pulled wider or pushed inward, the marble expands proportionally, they always have the same diameter (ring's internal diameter to marbles diameter. now the trick here is, while it's not all that useful most of the time, it is indestructible. You could destroy the universe by sticking the marble inside the ring with anything as thin as a sheet of paper, as the ring would keep expanding as the marble did.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.