[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone help me out with D20 modern? I want to run a post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: large-1.jpg (158KB, 833x1125px) Image search: [Google]
large-1.jpg
158KB, 833x1125px
Can anyone help me out with D20 modern? I want to run a post apocalyptic campaign from it, but i have some confusions.
>>
>>53368275
For the sake of you and your players, don't. D20 modern is a mess and there's a dozen systems that can do post apoc better and with less headache.

What's the TLDR on the campaign?
>>
>>53368294
This
>>
>>53368275
Don't use d20 modern. Use GURPS with After the End.
>>
>>53368484
Or savage Worlds, or Apocalypse World, or even M&M.

Just stay away from d20 modern for the love of god.
>>
>>53368502
Gamma World and Degenesis are entertaining too. Hell even RIFTs is a more functional system then D20 modern
>>
Not OP, but could someone explain what are this systems problems? Honestly curious.
>>
>>53368553
It's just not very good in general.

It takes the d20 formula and stats out modern things in it without actually considering how the game will play and what tone it'll have. Without D&D-isms to patch things up, a lot of the inherent weaknesses of the d20 system surface, like HP bloat, stat-imbalances (dex being a god-stat), or the inability to make weapons of the same type actually feel different, but still trying anyway.
>>
As a former D20 Modern player who played the fuck out of the system, I must say this: please just use Savage Worlds. It's basically everything D20 Modern tried to be, only it succeeds at it.
>>
>>53368580
Did you read the Weapons Locker book? 190 pages that really didn't need to be more then 3 pages in the CRB. Apparently you have to say "This pistol does 2d6 damage" more then once.
>>
>>53368294
STALKER style shit, but the map have for them is just our town we live in irl, the objective is to chase a radio signal to a camp with "military units" at it, but then theres a twist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.