[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edtion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 23

File: Darth Slayer.jpg (144KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Slayer.jpg
144KB, 600x563px
It seems that we haven't had a DtD thread in a while. What an awful state of affairs that needs to be immediately rectified with a pure injection of awesome into the veins.

To the uninitiated, Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition is a homebrew mashup of many different RPGs that, in spite of traditional logic, works pretty damn good. It uses Roll & Keep, Sword Schools, Exaltations, Spelljammers, and more cuhrayzee content than you can shake a stick at. As such, it's the favorite of many.

Important Links:

>Google Drive (has all of the books and other useful stuff)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8z4Cy1zaGU1bnJMaDE4WDZZUlk

>1d4chan (recently got updated)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition

>Zetaboard (where people post homebrew)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/index/

>Homebrew Directory (where most of the homebrew is conveniently compiled)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30044748/1/

So, anyone here in a game? If so, what's your character? If not, what character would you like to play in the future?
>>
>>53365566
Good game for killing Monstergirls.
>>
>>53365566
Destiny is an RPG.

We need some Destiny up in here
>>
>>53365843
What, the Bungie game?
>>
>>53365566
fix paragons please
>>
>>53365850
Yeah, it has some pretty awesome story elements hidden in it
>>
>>53366324
Paragons seem weak sometimes but they're better than Chosen, now those are busted.
>>
>>53366380
So another Halo, "Bad Gameplay, some interesting writing"?
>>
>>53366324
What do you dislike about Paragons? They're good for beginners and low-maintenence compared to Atlantean and Vampire.
>>
>>53366381
Fix both, but paragon first
>>
>>53366394
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Halo has solid gameplay, and Destiny is one of the best shooters of the decade
>>
>>53366417
Their resource is pretty fucking bad, mate. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used their actual resource. This kills them for a lot of concepts that need it
>>
>>53366381
>>53366422

Chosen work better if you let them get free Devotion for raising their power stat. Right now because you gotta buy the devotion they just cost massively extra XP to advance.

I'd say make Redeemed cost Devotion instead of Faith too since it doesn't do anything at Power Stat 1 now, but that's just me. That's a bit of a buff, could instead just switch it with Divine Protection.
>>
File: Halo howlow.jpg (103KB, 602x792px) Image search: [Google]
Halo howlow.jpg
103KB, 602x792px
>>53366424
Oh, you're one of them.
>>
>>53366442
I'm playing a Paragon now. They don't get a lot of built-in Action Point uses, but that lets you save Resource for skill bonuses, more reactions, healing surges, and spell effects. Just keep stunting and you'll rarely run out.
>>
>>53366442
different anon

What do you mean? They regain their resource every session, which can be faster if multiple sessions take up a scene or a day. Plus they also regain a point per successful stunt, which can be easily done if you keep stunting every test. Just say some narrative thing and you get an easy one-die. And then their Pressure Points have a fall-back to minutely adjust their test rolls.
>>
>>53366442
Action Points? They have a low max, especially at start (2 unless you spend 100 xp on it for 4, which you should), but they get it back to max at the start of every session and gain 1 back every 2 die stunt, meaning if you stunt carefully they can have the fastest regain of any exalt.

>>53366483
>They don't get a lot of built-in Action Point uses

They get 0 actually. I suppose their Action Points are intended more as base bonus for being good at things rather than activating powers, which are generally always on.
>>
>>53366483
>>53366487
Stunting is the only thing that saves them, and you have to wait for that.
>>
>>53366487
You actually need at least a two die stunt to get an Action Point back. Not that much harder, since all you really need to do is take avantage of your enviornment.
>>
>>53366499
You can stunt almost every time your hands touch dice though if you really want to. Attacking, breaking things, dodging, casting spells, making saves. All can restore resource.
>>
>>53366498
There's some homebrew Paragon racial assets that take advantage of Action Points, if that helps.
>>
>>53366499
By wait you mean get Power Stat 2? I suppose compared to Vampires and Daemonhosts. But not every Exaltation needs alternate recovery mechanics at Level 1.
>>
>>53366442
>>53366499
If you want a Paragon type Exalt that uses Action Points on exalt abilities, you could try the Fool homebrew, which is like a Paragon but with debuffs instead of buffs.

Having both in the party is hilarious.
>>
>>53366546
Poor Prometheans need to wait until Generation 4 for theirs and they gotta actually get hurt for it. And their resource comes back every hour. They get it faster in in-game downtime, but if there is an action-packed dungeon raid you could spend many sessions in less than an hour of game time.
>>
>>53366546
It's such an integral way to how the Exalt plays (especially given their low resource cap and a normal recovery method that is completely outside your control) that it ought to be part of their rank 1 abilities.
>>
>>53366575
>>53366567
Chosen also need to wait for Power Stat 4 to get their resource back more quickly.
Wraiths have no fast regain abilities at all.
>>
>>53366631
>Wraiths have no fast regain abilities at all.
Wraiths also get more Resource and can gain more through effects that improve their Resolve, so it's not as bad for them.
>>
>>53366631
Chosen do suck overall and I think they need balancing, but that doesn't mean that Paragons don't have resource problems. They don't truly come online with regards to resource management at all until Rank 2 and what uses they DO have for Action Points are things literally everyone gets.

So let them have their Stunt-based Action Points at Excellence 1. Their resource is probably the least powerful of all.
>>
File: For (You).png (65KB, 286x308px) Image search: [Google]
For (You).png
65KB, 286x308px
>>53366465
>>
>>53366765
A Promethean has 3 resource at Powerstat 1 and gets it back at a rate of 1 every hour and there is nothing you can do to expedite that. Meanwhile, a Paragon can start at 4 and gets it back at the beginning of every session. If you need to, you can also get 1 back every combat if you buy that asset too, speeding it up even moreso.

It really depends on how much time passes between events, but a Paragon will generally get resource back faster and have more resource than a promethean at most levels.
>>
>>53366844
>>53366765
I mean, if you really want to let them stunt for resource at PS 1 and replace their PS 2 with letting them get all their characteristics to 6 or something like a Daemonhost so they don't need to spend extra XP on it, that's fine. As is now though, they don't really suffer overmuch in my mind with having a lower resource early on.
>>
>>53366765
And that's the thing, their general strength is improving what they already have like better stunting, fudging skill test results, and more dots at Character Creation. They don't even have a "drawback" that virtually all other exaltations have. As the lore says, if a Paragon wants it, he will have to work for it.

And besides, not everything has to be great at PS 1. Everything escalates at the 2nd level.
>>
>>53366844
Prometheans arguably gain more benefits from their Exaltation, however. For the most part, the Paragon Exaltation is just bonus XP
>>
>>53366802
What?
>>
For comparison, this is the Fool, an alternate Paragon.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10369300/1/
>>
>>53366866
Daemonhost needs a nerf on that topic
>>
>>53366889
At start a promethean's only abilities are defensive and sucking at talking to people. Unless they're being wailed on a Paragon is going to be better.

>>53366920
Well yeah, but whatcha gonna do. One thing to keep in mind about them though is that Free Actions of a type can still only be done once per turn by the rules, so they at least can only do their basically free resource return once per turn in combat. Still gives them basically infinite heals outside of it though.
Great starter exaltation for new players though.
>>
>>53366945
>Well yeah, but whatcha gonna do.
Nerf them?
>>
>>53366952
Type it up then and post it as a houserule or somesuch.
>>
>>53366920
They could do with less max Essence. What's their max, 20? That's a lot.
>>
>>53366964
I'd probably have to do all the Exalts at once to make sure they're in line with each other.
>>
>>53366969
20 normally but actually 22 because they're basically anti-atlanteans. Having a lower limit wouldn't nerf much though, the bigger problem is their faster regain.

If I was going to nerf them, I'd probably get rid of the ability to make a willpower test to regain essence and instead just make it so you only get it back by getting hurt from that ability and biting people to inflict damage to them.
Then make Daemonic only use Arcanoi or Con rather than both since it layers with armor. If not enough, could make Unholy Might instead cost 1 essence each point you add onto a spell, since normally you can't boost them with resource at all.
That should do it more or less. Still strong, but less overpowering.
>>
>>53366969
Vampires and Atlanteans have a high maximum as well
>>
>>53366465
No, I just know a good game from a mile away.

Destiny JUST started being a good game, and Halo is a raped corpse of a franchise
>>
>>53367016
I can accept Vampires having higher resource, since they hemorrhage Vitae daily to stay awake. High resource with Daemonhosts and Atlanteans stick out more since they're already the strongest Exalts.
>>
>>53367029
Halo was never actually good as far as an FPS goes compared to its predecessors, you were just younger with less experience.
>>
Meanwhile my Dragonblooded just laughs at all of you as she fully unloads every, single, fight.
>>
>>53367042
Their resources are both high since they have downsides inflicted on using them when getting them back. The Atlantean's is more tricky, although only about 6% chance of being really, really nasty but due to how easily a Daemonhost can get it back it is more notable. That same easiness though means that nerfing the amount won't matter too much, gotta instead target how they get it back if you wanna nerf so the downside sticks out more as said here
>>53367002
>>
>>53367057
Presuming you get your 5 minutes of rest. In a corporate raid or action packed Shadowrun of sorts, you might not get those minutes. Hope you went IO!
>>
>>53367077
Always invest in conjuration. The ability to just leave is amazing.
>>
>>53367016
In Homebrew, Dreamers have the same maximum as Vampires and begin play much higher (it's the sum of Mental Characteristics plus twice the Power Stat) but it drains every hour compared to the Vampire's daily.

>>53367057
Though you're a walking disaster radius worse than a Fool with Murphy's Law each time.
>>
>>53367118
Hey, when your main goal is buff yourself then go into melee, that works.
>>
>>53367106
Can't really just leave well until at least level 3, and Often times that will spoil the entire raid or mission.
>>
Considering how much homebrew there is now, is there really anything that hasn't been made yet?
>>
>>53367261
If there isn't already homebrew that emulates it by itself (either cosmetically or mechanically), then a combination of others could.
>>
There were like, three different exalts whipped up in just the past week or two. Not really>>53367261
>>
>>53367293
Though around two of those follow the theme of "be sorta fused with another power"
>>
What makes atlanteans and daemonhosts strong?
>>
>>53367043
>Implying Halo 1 to Reach doesn't still hold up
>Implying it's not better then 90% of modern FPSs sans the rare outlier like Doom or Wolfenstien

U Wot
>>
>>53367325
Daemonhosts get a LOT of powers that are pretty simple, but still damn strong. Free armor that stacks, an early capbreaker for all characteristics, a large resource pool that can be quickly refilled.
>>53367306
Can't deny that really. It's one of the easier angles to have multiple takes on.
>>
>>53367325
For Daemonhosts, it's like a tier 1 goodstuffs deck. They have fast resource regain (relatively), an immortality clause as their capstone power, durability bonus (Their Daemonic stacks with worn armor)...
>>
>>53367360
I'm not implying anything, I'm outright saying it was a mediocre game that had a negative impact on the entire genre.
>>
this game needs a fleshed out Beastiary
>>
>>53367407
I think there are some example monsters on the forums but that isn't untrue. The ones in actual book1 are broken from not being from the current version of the game, there is an update to them floating around somewhere.
>>
>>53367407
>He doesn't stat his own monsters
>>
File: Dramatis Personae.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dramatis Personae.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53367407
>>53367420
I think this is the updated version.
>>
>>53367476
It has a few errors (the Wheel's smartest Elementals!) But yes it is mostly better.
>>
So, be straight with me here. Vectron is the god you pick if you don't want to deal with Devotion, right?
>>
>>53367528
If you don't want to deal with Devotion, why not go Unaligned?
>>
>>53367528
The second book flat out has unaligned listed. It's either apathy or militant atheism.
>>
>>53367545
>>53367546
I wanna say Vectron and also not look like I'm completely copping out when everyone else has one.
>>
>>53367560
I played with a vectron worshipper once. He got annoying by the second session. Don't do it.
>>
>>53367560
In that case, go Gork n Mork. Can't go wrong with them.
>>
>>53367589
I will just replace interjections like "God damn" and "Jesus Christ" with Vectron variants and then do no more.
>>
>>53367593
Or the Nation homebrew alignment, since most of the items on its ladder isn't very relevant depending on campaign.
>>
>>53367608
>ladder
Don't bother with alignment charts. Those things are awful.
>>
>>53367619
Even if we go by basic tenets, it's still pretty "safe" for a combat-heavy campaign set in clandestine locations.
>>
>>53367608
>>53367626
Watch out though, if you kill paramedics, cops, firefighters etc you'll take hits on it.
One of my players accidentally called down a berserk kill-mech on an ambulance.
>>
Omnissaiah or gtfo filthy meatbags.
>>
>>53367641
Storytime?
>>
File: GenZH_Fai_Mugshot.png (176KB, 332x327px) Image search: [Google]
GenZH_Fai_Mugshot.png
176KB, 332x327px
>>53367641
>>53367682
I am that player, and this is my character. It's all acceptable losses, for the glory of the people's republic of Chi- err "Hinanawi"

For context, I'm playing a Warfighter, a homebrew class that allows calling in favors at Level 5. I called in an AI-driven weapons platform mech that only designates between Party members/allies and everyone else. Needless to say, I am pretty good at widespread application of gratuitous firepower.
>>
>>53365566
Has anyone finished updating the original core exaltations to fit with the later framework?

Has anyone balanced and codified more stuff for book 3?

Has Book 3 even been updated?
>>
File: russia piano soldier.jpg (220KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
russia piano soldier.jpg
220KB, 1024x719px
>>53367682
Well, the team was planning a raid on a Megacorp that was an Enemy of one of the party members and sending killteams after her. They decided to attack their center of power on the planet, before they could develop their power and reach further in the Crystal Sphere.

They planned it out pretty well. Half the team would be the distraction in a display of brute force against the front of the building, while the other half snuck in to sabotage and loot.
This plan lasted about 10 seconds, until all but one of the Distraction team rushed into the building and started attacking things inside.
The sole remaining distractor did the best he could though. He has the backing of a nation's highest ranks behind him and he called in a small army of mooks and a very large Mecha-Siege Engine machine to assault the building with him while he lead on foot. The Mecha-siege engine was set up with a Berserker drive so it didn't take a Pilot, with the Berserker AI set to target "Anyone not in the party". Well, the cars driving by the place were not in the party and neither were the paramedics that arrived on scene as well. The building's defenses hadn't done anything to the outsiders until they started firing on the outside of it first so the Berserker AI hadn't been reading it as an actual target. Eventually he had his hacker buddy wire into the Seige Engine to turn it on the building but by then the deed was done.

There has been so much dead on this Megacorp raid. I think there have been 4 PC deaths so far.
>>
>>53367887
Book 3 was mostly abandoned since the guy making PDFs left, tragically. People just use the forums now, I think there is a thread documenting the various stuff with easy linking?

What did you mean by updating the original core exaltation?
>>
>>53367924
There was a thread last time I checked, trying to bring the Exaltations from the original two books up to the perceived level of the errata/homebrew stuff.

If the Homebrew isn't being tested and fixed, then their isn't a problem.
>>
>>53367912
At least we're getting the last laugh by making sure that building is going down at all costs.
>>
>>53367912
>I think there have been 4 PC deaths so far.

Wait, make it 5. One guy died twice.

Things were going pretty well until the distraction team guy called in multiple Firebombs of the upperfloors of the building, blasting them with hot napalm and driving everyone on those floors downstairs, directly into the path of the party all at once. Most of the Megacorp workers were just trying to flee the building, although an unfortunate Teleport Storm Perils of the Warp proceeded to move things around for the worse though, teleporting baddies to the party, the party member into baddies and one unfortunate party member upstairs into the napalm and fire blasted upper floors.
>>
>>53367995
>one unfortunate party member upstairs
Unfortunate? I got closer to my objective! Too bad the floor gave way under me and I fell all the way to the bottom so I have to start all over again. But since I lost my foot, I'll just pound the building until it keels over.
>>
>>53368029
>I fell all the way to the bottom so I have to start all over again. But since I lost my foo

You fell 6 stories and your entire leg exploded on impact. You took 5 steps (somehow) before you died from massive bloodloss.

A mecha-leg is going to be fucking sweet though, I gotta say.
>>
>>53367950
Homebrew is being tested and fixed or updated pretty regularly with new data gained from games and whatnot.
>>
>>53368101
Yeah, we're running games that are homebrew heavy to test them in bulk.
>>
>>53368069
Hero Points

The Red Army Train only stops when it runs out of fuel.
>>
>>53367370
>>53367325
>>53367370
In addition to these, what really makes Daemonhosts busted is a free capbreaker for all characteristics (which, even among homebrew, is ridiculous), a free spell school/sword school/arguably gun kata plus access to that no matter what, boosting all spellcasting with a pretty ridiculous bonus, since it straight-up adds your rank. Magic is already the king of late-game D:tD, and Daemonhosts make it even stronger with 60k40 Energy Meteors or just an insane Energy Grasp slap, essentially unresistable Domination, or they can just Geas someone to kill themselves on 10k10. And that's not even getting into the GOOD stuff Daemonhosts can pull off with +5k5 to any spellcasting test they want.

On top of this all is Daemonic, which is effectively a lot of extra armor except versus magic weapons or someone actively out to kill you, a large resource pool using two of the most useful non-physical attributes, Willpower and Charisma. The only reason Daemonhost isn't the most busted Exalt in the game is that it's tied with Atlantean, which can just shit out a lot more spells and augment them to some degree rather than a few effectively irresistible ones.
>>
>>53368331
Tell me more about Atlantean
>>
How big s the Empire?

Is it Imperium sized?

Big in name only?

In proportion to The Empire of Sigmar (1/5 to a 1/3 of the map)?
>>
>>53368346
The only reason Atlantean can keep pace with Daemonhost is that they get their own Demonic Tutor in Magical Aptitude, and Magical Aptitude is better. However, they have to wait until Gnosis 2 to get their equivalent to Unholy Might. Still, +3 levels to any spell (Empower Spell) is pretty good. Some spells key off of levels. Magic Missile, as an example. Magic Missile getting 3 extra levels is an effective 6k3 damage bonus, and magical damage is better than physical damage because so many more things have armor than aura. Additionally, Magic Missile may be an attack but it doesn't require an attack test, since it's not ranged touch, so, much like Blast effects, it can hit people cheesing Static Defense. Or you can just use Energyball for the same effect, but with Blast 10.

Maximize Spell lets them get away with the other half of their bullshit shenanigans (ignoring Quicken Spell, which is a whole different can of worms), since effectively setting a Focus Power test to 50 or above lets you get away with some silly things, like effectively irresistable Geases, Domination, Torment, Invisibility, Unluck, Confusion and others, as well as massive bonuses to whatever you want with Animal Power, Luck, Shield, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

And then there's Quicken Spell. I've designed games. I've played lots of games. I've written homebrew. And the number one thing to remember when designing a role-playing game, outside of 'make sure it's actually fun to play', is DO NOT MESS WITH THE ACTION ECONOMY. Vampires get away with it because outside of Celertiy all their powers are terrible and they have the harshest downside powers, but getting a free spellcast every turn, either full or half action, in addition to your usual spell-cast a turn, is just insane. You're effectively getting twice as many actions as everyone else is, and it's ONE MOTE.

>>53368331
Having checked the rules because I was unsure: It's only +5k0, not +5k5. Still, 10k8.
>>
>>53368621
I should also mention that the Atlanteans have a fairly large resource pool, and when they get Empower Spell the downside is fairly irrelevant, with moderate resource regain much like the Promethean.
>>
>>53367476
did it use safeguard from blame as dark mechanicus?
>>
Where's my werewolf love in this thread guys? or are all of you too scared to get up in the face of whatever you want dead?
>>
>>53370349
It's just...there. However homebrewers did revive various alternate werewolves into a new version.

>old
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/9902940/1/

>new
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30094341/1/
>>
>>53370371
Ah sweet. Time to make a buff viking Gurahl that makes a bunch of bear puns.
>>
>>53368621
>>53368331
Well, is there a magic heavy exalt that isn't completely busted then?
>>
>>53370423
>tfw you're the only one of the homebrewers still awake at this time
Damn time zones

Hmm, the Deviant, on a technicality since its power involves taking existing spells and adding it to its arsenal.

There's also the Celestial. Meanwhile the Wellspring (Alternate Champion) supports Spell Combos instead of Sword Schools and Gun Katas.

I'm not sure how the Witch (Alternate Atlantean) and the Nephilim (Alt. Daemonhost) fares by comparison to their originals. Give me a few more minutes to look over the other Exaltations to check if one is also magic-heavy and not just has one or two abilities that involve magic.
>>
>>53368331
>And that's not even getting into the GOOD stuff Daemonhosts can pull off with +5k5 to any spellcasting test they want.

It's +5k0, not +5k5. I mean they cast well but not as well as you think. Worlds apart even.
>>
>>53370694
Yeah, he noticed it here. >>53368621
>>
>>53370715
Telling that he doesn't know the game he's bitching about in detail. Doesn't even complain about wraiths, which are worse.
>>
I haven't been keeping track of the game's developement, are they still pushing the 'page 5 is just a joke' and trying to decrease the overall power of everything? Because i liked it when a starting PC could be reasonably expected to be a mover and shaker for an entire sphere, and by the time you hit power stat 5 you could reasonably be expected to SHIFT THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE with your actions.
>>
File: bruce.jpg (23KB, 255x208px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
23KB, 255x208px
>>53370743
>are they still pushing the 'page 5 is just a joke' and trying to decrease the overall power of everything?
I don't get what you mean by the first bit, and for the second bit, did you prefer starting at a high power?
>>
>>53370816
Dang, I did not intend to add an image there.
>>
>>53370743
The only one that might need to be a little weaker is Daemonhost, mostly due to their busted resource restoration compared to anything else. If you make it harsher then it makes their other abilities less useful. They can easily always have full hitpoints currently after any combat ends, and can use things like Unholy Might more often. Making it more likely to hurt yourself and more difficult to heal it while making Unholy Might a bit more expensive would probably fix most issues.
>>
>>53370423
The Psion and the Sage (either version) come to mind. Have you tried those?

>>53370743
Even if you nerfed Atlantean and Daemonhost so that they aren't better than the other Exalts, they're still Exaltations. That puts them leagues above mortals.
>>
>>53370731
The one that can get +5k5 to spells is the Promethean with Transhuman Potential (Or +6k6 with Orichalcum asset). However, as pointed out by others they can't make quite as much use of it due to a slower resource regain and it costing more to use. Still, being able to throw out a 10k10+35 on a magic test means they can pull off crazy shit with raises if they need to.
>>
>>53370816

Page 5 is, well, page 5 of the pdf, or it was; it was a semi-parody of the PLAY LIKE YOU GOT A PAIR page from warmahordes, but I thought it was suitable for the themes of the game.
>>53370835
Right, no one's saying Daemonhost is fine (though I've always preferred buff others, don't nerf daemonhost), but the idea is that thematically, even a newly-minted Exalt is powerful enough to change the fate of an entire sphere.
>>53370846
Hopefully that sticks.
>>
>>53370912
While that's true, fluff shouldn't always take precedence over mechanics. Buffing everything would only break the game harder and would realize the fear one anon said, on that the game would just end up like Rifts—where it's up to the GM to balance the content the developers didn't bother to.

And I'd like to see how low-power exalts like a newly-created Gemini (who are just two ordinary dudes in one space) and a Dreamer (who spends most of the time asleep) can do that.
>>
>>53370952
Well, like I said in my first post, I've been out of the loop for awhile--I don't even know what's in book 3, not familiar at all with gemini or dreamer. But I feel like that's the power scale a newly minted Exalt *should* have.
>>
>>53370963
>I've been out of the loop for awhile
The sort of scenario that prompted this guy to make the compilation. Take your time to browse through the Exaltations and see which ones you like as an example of your desired power level.
>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30044748/1/

Also, Book 3 (as mentioned earlier) is largely outdated since the forum threads are updated more often than the PDF.
>>
>>53370952
>And I'd like to see how low-power exalts like a newly-created Gemini

Gemini is absolutely by no means low power, it is one of the strongest options. Being able to play 2 different characters means you get twice as much use. You can build a melee monster without worrying about being worthless outside, or be both the Knight and Witch for magic and melee switchhitting without XP being such a restriction.
>>
>>53370963
>I don't even know what's in book 3
Nothing. 'Book 3' as a thing has been abandoned for over a year. If you want the most up to date versions of things you liked from the homebrew books, check the forum. The homebrew directory should help you find things easier.
>>
Hey lads, I'm hoping you could give me some feedback on the setting for a new campaign that I'm working on.

The basic gist of it is that it's a Crystal Sphere that was recently opened, secretly containing some of Tiamat's remains. There's three factions warring for dominance of the sphere, along with several newcomers pursuing their own agenda in the sphere (Followers of Pelor attempting to defuse the conflict, Limullian scientists doing research, etc). Unfortunately, I have only settled on 2 of the three factions so far.

The first is the Sahuagin, ruled over by a 4-armed spellsword warlord, with two additional wraithbone arms. He's incredibly vain and prideful, but combines enough cunning and brute strength to rule over his people. He's got a council of warlords and witches that back his bid for domination of the sphere: The warlords want to take the conquest slow, in order to salvage the more advanced technology of their rivals, while the warlocks counsel him to drown worlds in blood, in order to empower their summoning and magic. Standard battle tactics will be hordes of low-ranking warriors striving to gain power and respect through battle, backed up by amphibious war-beasts, powerful champions, and the odd warlock. Their main purpose is to serve as an obvious antagonist, and to kick some shit in while the PCs remain blind to the true threat.
>>
>>53371370

The second is an Eladrin Empire, based around the worship of the Syrneth. They've settled on a planet previously inhabited by the Syrneth, and are attempting to restore it to its former glory. They see their populace as either potential Atlanteans, or servants. They're led by a collection of Atlanteans, each of which is considered to be a specialist in their field: Generals, doctors, engineers, and great sages that commune with the spirits of long-dead Syrneth. Their forces are made up of Atlantean warriors, accompanied by a collection of mortal servants. Each warrior is going to be about PC-equivalent, so they're not going to be a common occurrence. Highly magical, with ancient weapons salvaged from the ruins of their new homeworld. They'll have plenty of old tech that the players will be happy to acquire, although whether it's through trade, theft, or looting is largely up to how well the PCs react to an Atlantean God-king attempting to resurrect the Syrne and essentially enslaving his own people to do it.

As for the third, I'm trying to come up with something suitably alien and unknowable, but not entirely malevolent. Some kind of Hive-mind that implants other species under its dominion to bring them into the unity, perhaps? Great bio-engineering, with specially designed species to deal with exact situations. I'm a bit worried that'll overlap with the monstrous themes of the Sahuagin, so maybe a Warforged empire is suitable?
>>
>>53371418
Maybe rip off Yuri's army from Red Alert 2, with some dash of Mental Omega to give him depth as a faction of progress. The Epsilon Army would be pretty fun with their heavy use of mad science and psionics.
>>
>>53371418
The 3rd is the Tiamat cultists proper, and their dragonborn Paladin chaos spess mahrines in their power armor. Boom.
>>
>>53371418
As for the actual antagonist, it's going to be Kobolds. A Kobold Perpetual who was granted his immortality when he was drenched in Tiamat's blood during the final battle of her heresy has succumbed to a horrific disease, one that continues to ravage him even after his rebirth. Trapped in a never-ending cycle of death and rebirth, losing a bit of himself each time, he determined that this plague was a curse from Tiamat, divine retribution for squandering his millennia of immortality. Calling the clan/cult he has created, born of the many children he has sired throughout the ages, he has entombed himself in his traditional K'Stenn'Mav armour to prevent his constant death and set out to complete her resurrection. Embedding agents in many factions as spies, and as need be, assassins. The players will eventually stumble across the conspiracy when an agent frames one of their own for the murder of a cleric of Pelor that was close to discovering the true nature of the Perpetual's journey. After that, they'll have to unravel the web of lies, deceit, and warfare surrounding the sphere in an attempt to stop him from claiming the remains of Tiamat that rest on each fation's homeworld.

>>53371434
I'll look into that, thanks.

>>53371446
Well, I can't do that for obvious reasons.
>>
>>53371502
I'm unsure of these obvious reasons. I don't see why the Kobold Perpetual wouldn't employ a few as intense bodyguards for when the party gets to the lair proper to deal with him :)
>>
>>53371603
While that might be a possibility late-game, he's trying to be quiet and discrete. Rampaging marines would cause far too much attention to be drawn to him. Plus, "FOR KAYOOOSSS" is a bit too one-dimensional for a fully fledged faction.
>>
>>53371502
Which Perpetual are you using? The 40k-styled one that's practically impossible to kill or the immortal warrior that takes from Highlander?
>>
>>53371625
The Epsilon Army could work with that style, in the Mental Omega mod, Yuri's story didn't have him begin with his army from the get-go. He usurped his power while playing the Allies and Soviets against each other while consolidating hidden technologies until he's too powerful to stop.

I mentioned MO since Yuri didn't have a story in vanilla YR.
>>
>>53371637
The one from the Big Book O' Brew that resurrects after 1d10+5 days.
>>
>>53371625
I mean, high quality power armor would restrict their max Dex to 3. Have it be Mithril, so their max dex is 5. Give them 5 stealth. Suddenly these dragonborn chaos marines are rolling 10k5 for Stealth. AND they get 2 specialties: Make their Dex specialty "Lightfooted", and make their Stealth specialty "Quiet as a Tank" :)
>>
>>53371657
Ah the old one. It hasn't been touched yet and some people don't like the idea of using Resolve as a resource stat (which some other homebrew used until it was changed, like the Champion).

>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30075596/1/
Here's the newer Perpetual more inspired by highlander, although using the old one is still fair game as both versions are equally-valid enough.
>>
>>53371664
No. That's just silly. I'm not min-maxing marines into being horrifyingly silent assassins. If I'm using marines, I'm using them as muscle for the final stages of his plan.
>>
>>53371700
Personally, nothing would terrify me more as a player than finding out the clandestine assassins I've been hunting ARE horrifyingly silent power armor assassins. Just play with the idea in your head :)

On the note of min-maxing, if you really wanted do, you could do Orks in mithril Light power armor, stealth specialty "purple is sneakier", and find a way to give them 6 dex. 10k6 on stealth :P
>>
>>53371779
No. Can you imagine the reaction of the players when I tell them that they've been ambushed by fucking Orks in artifact power armour?

They'd walk right out, possibly after beating me into unconsciousness with my own GM screen.
>>
>>53371804
personally, on that note specifically, I don't think you understand just how strong the player characters are going to be by the time they'll be ready to fight people in artifact power armor. but it's totally your game. It's something one of my SM's through at my party, and it was both terrifying and fun, so I thought I'd share. happy gaming!
>>
>>53371804
'Artifact' anything is rare as hell. Save that shit for important NPCs.

Other than that, an Ork Kommando Skwad busting in, shouting "THIS BE A SNEAKIN' MISSHUN!", and going full-auto would be hilarious.
>>
>>53371848
Oh, of course. Once they start meddling in the Perpetual's affairs, I'm definitely going to have that happen.
>>
If anyone has any specifics rules questions, or questions about homebrew and you don't want to post on the forum, feel free to respond to me. I'll do my best, and I'll be here for a few hours to help.
>>
>>53371934
Hey, that's also my job! But then again, I'm younger than you.
>>
>>53371964
It helps to have multiple people around to answer questions, since a lot of the rules are "as interpreted by the SM", so having two or more views on how to utilize a specific rule can be a good thing.
>>
How do you guys feel about the Gemini Exalt?

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30039788/1/

Basically, it allows you to make two characters and switch between them. It gives you a lot of utility, though both characters share the average of their individual HP and don't have any fancy powers besides that.

The issue we're running into is how to deal with XP. Should they have separate, though identical XP pools, or should they be forced to share XP whenever it's given out by the SM?
>>
>>53372425
With some in-house suggestions, Divergence 1 and 2 powers will be revised among other changes...tomorrow, after I get some sleep. Also on the fence about allowing you to choose a different race with Shared Existence (which would obsolete Earth Wind and Fire, but allow me to cut Civil War so I can keep assets even)
>>
>>53370731
You realize that every 2 dice over 10 are converted into kept dice, right? You didn't even realize the potential of Unholy Might until I brought it up. I bet you think Incendiary and Fatigue are fine, too.
>>
File: 1453955274590.jpg (181KB, 800x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1453955274590.jpg
181KB, 800x1334px
Post character concepts!

Dark Eldarin Promethean Arcane Knight (pic related)

Dragonborn Dragonblooded Dragoon
>>
>>53365566
>If not, what character would you like to play in the future?
I'd love to play a Human Paragon going down the Star Trek line of classes from the second book.
>>
>>53372425
definitely shared pool. otherwise it's you get melee characters with a toolbox as good as the best of them, or twice as much toolbox as normal.
>>
>>53373761
>Dragonborn Dragonblooded Dragoon
The fuck?
>>
>>53376295
Race: Dragonborn
Exalt: Dragonblooded, as in a half-dragon/draconic ancestry
Class: Dragoon, I believe it's homebrew from the forums
>>
>>53376295
You really shouldn't be surprised at a DtD character concept.
>>
>>53376693
heck, stacking all the dragon isn't even new.
>>
The first half of this was literally just a battle on Destiny.

wat
>>
File: blowers .png (57KB, 764x588px) Image search: [Google]
blowers .png
57KB, 764x588px
>>53365566
What is worse? a supercharger with an overdrive transmission to make it spin faster than the belt would normally have it, or a turbo with an overdrive transmission between the turbine and the compressor to make it spin faster?

I'm guessing turbo since the friction of the gearing would cost you more than you would game.
>>
>>53376912
I beg your pardon?
>>
>>53365566
I am mastering a game but I have troubles setting a good pace. It is too peaceful and I can't do meaningful combat encounters for shit. My players seem to have fun finding other ways to fuck up my villains tho.

I have
>a tiefling daemonhost mage
>an aasimar chosen swordcerer
>a dragonborn chosen fighter
>a tau parangon conscript

The tiefling is the party face even tho the player himself is quite shy but the other players help him find ideas and shit. He has illusion spells to be a cheeky cunt everywhere.
The aasimar is using spells to be offensive like blink and call item to help his shenanigans.
The other are less notable in their characters but devise every kind of plans too.

I am trying to use the setting to do something a bit orignal since most of them took necrodermis artefacts in char creation and that's supposed to be rare as shit. Since it's their first time in the setting I have not been hard on them for flashing their extra-rare-stuff to nobodies but I have warned them with clues that they should be careful because they are coveted objects. They will be useful to stop a world ending catastrophe at some point I guess I don't know yet. I have yet to think of every details.
>>
>>53377118
internal combustion engine driven vehicles
>>
>>53377899
Those are called prometheans!
>>
>>53373761
>Dragonborn Dragonblooded Dragoon
With Draconic artifacts! (Made out of dragon-flesh)
>>
>>53373018
I realize all these things, and I do realize Unholy Might if very powerful. I also realize you STILL got the rolls wrong, because with 6 in a stat and unholy might it would be 10k9 as the normal max if you're going to make it seem too strong rather than the 10k8 you said, 10k10 with a 2 die stunt. So yes it can be 10k10 and yes you were still fucking wrong, because by your old calculations it would have been 10k10+25 or 35, 45 stunting you stupid fucking retard. Go back to playing some rules light freestyle shit because you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Seriously, kill yourself. I bet no one likes you. You think you know everything, but you clearly don't and then lash out when called out on it. Fucking end yourself, you piece of human waste.
>>
>>53376851
Yes, Halo is pretty shit.
>>
>>53380494
Sounds like he can't do anything right.
>>
>>53366324
Honestly, I like Paragon as it is. The game is filled with all sorts of broken-ass shit (in universe), and I really like that it is reflected by mechanics that Paragons are still basically the closest you can get to "basic guy".
>>
>>53380562
They're certainly easy to play.

If I had one change to make, it would probably allow Pressure to be used on pure characteristic tests.
>>
>>53376295
Just wait until it takes its racial/exalt feats, and becomes a dragonborn, hybrid-dragonbloooded, dragoon that is three separate types of dragon, plus its Dragonborn type.
The question is just how much dragon you can stuff into one dragon-like humanoid before it explodes.
>>
>>53380653
Get Backing in a dragon organization, spend your Ally dots getting Dragonborn allies, get a Dragonzord for your Holdings...
>>
>>53380126
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+hypocrite&oq=define+hypocrit&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4231j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>53380562
>>53380576
Paragons play the basic numbers game pretty well, but have definite plateaus they hit. It takes them a while to get going, and by the time they have their toys, they can't compete at all compared to many exalts in their specialty. This is mostly due to the staggering of their basic effects
>>
>>53380833
Yeah, that idiot with an unholy might stick up his ass is a hypocrite. He complained about rules and then got the rules wrong. That's a special kind of stupid. And then when he corrected himself, he was still wrong. He should be kept as far away as possible from any balancing.

He seriously needs to kill himself.
>>
>>53380866
Paragons are very much Jack of all Trades, Master of None. They're easy and simple. They have the benefit of getting their resource back quickly and not needing it for any of their cool abilities like exploding on 9's, allowing them to focus on using it to actually make themselves generically better.
>>
>>53380907
It's weird because that's the opposite of what you would expect from their writeup.
>>
>>53380876
The less people know, the more they talk sometimes. I think that was that guy's problem. Assumptions out the wazoo and any points made are spoiled by being wrong about so many things. Like a stopped clock that's right twice a day.
>>
>>53380919
>>53380907
>>53380866
Paragons would be better if Pressure was better. Pressure is great, and it's even better when it builds every round, but it builds slowly as compared to the explosive bonuses many other Exalts can have.

My suggestion would be to have Pressure build sharply per round from Excellence 1 on, replacing the normal pressure regen rank with something else, but it only lasts from Round to Round, so you have to use it instead of sitting and waiting for it to build up to a usable amount.
>>
>>53380126
>Seriously, kill yourself. I bet no one likes you. You think you know everything, but you clearly don't and then lash out when called out on it. Fucking end yourself, you piece of human waste.
>>53380876
>>53380941

These sure are some hot assumptions. But there are none so blind as those who will not see.
>>
>>53381011
You make hot assumptions all over the place, like assuming you know how the game actually works. Then when you are called out on it, you assume the other person's stance entirely and insult them on unrelated balance issues too. You need to take a step away from the computer and consider your mental state.

>But there are none so blind as those who will not see.
>
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+hypocrite&oq=define+hypocrit&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4231j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>53380949
Yeah, speaking honestly you never really have enough pressure. A +3 isn't going to help, and a +15 at max power isn't either. Pressure looks amazing, but only when you can blow it all at once. Even then, other Exalt types have access to geometric increases in power, rather than a linear one for one
>>
So, Metamorph or 'Volver?
>>
>>53381159
Well, with Extra pressure it will end up around +20 but you have a point. Pressure isn't great for blowing things out of the water, but it's amazing for topping up rolls from say 29 to 30 so it makes the cut or gets a bonus. 1 pressure won't break the bank but it can be the difference between success or failure.
>>
>>53381180
That's why big, but temporary, spikes of pressure would be better.

Let's say that at the start of your turn you get Excellence x 5 + Level Pressure, so anywhere from 6 to 30. However, when your next turn comes up, you lose all that Pressure. What do you do? Do you spend it all at once, or do you wait to use it on reactions? Half-and-half? Or some other division if shit gets hot. It's a lot more tactically interesting than waiting many rounds to get enough Pressure before you can even make that choice. And you can still use it for tiebreakers or other small, important bumps to keep you alive. It just now functions like the burst mechanics of other Exalts.
>>
>>53381165
For context, these are two different evolution-themed Exaltations with dissimilar mechanics

>Volver
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30094726/1/

>Metamorph
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30097667/1/
>>
>>53381134
>You need to take a step away from the computer and consider your mental state.

He needs to kill himself so he stops being both retarded and bizarrely smug about it.
>>
>>53381341
Well, the less people know the more they tend to be self-assured it seems.
>>
>>53381165
I'd recommend volver, though I'm biased for writing the stupid thing.

Fair warning, they're both rather new and untested.
>>
File: King on Mount Stupid.gif (31KB, 576x765px) Image search: [Google]
King on Mount Stupid.gif
31KB, 576x765px
>>53381494
>Well, the less people know the more they tend to be self-assured it seems.

It's Mount Stupid.
>>
>>53380776
I'm now really curious. How much dragon can be stuffed into one player character concept and still fit into a standard game?
>>
>>53381579
Define 'standard.'
>>
>>53381564
Now, I don't know much about quantum physics, BUT I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the tomato retroactively alters itself to best fit the definition that a one-breasted amazon engaged in the american civil war for the purpose of preserving the state of the union has at a given mealtime. As the last Civil War Amazon died while wondering about this objects status biologically, culinarily, and botanically speaking, all at the same time, the world is thus doomed to a piece of produce whose state is forever unknowable until we clone another Amazon, cut off her tit, place her in a civil war reenactment, and present her with a tomato, thus solidifying its state into one, concrete definition for the rest of existence.
>>
>>53381655
That was wonderfully horrible, thank you.
>>
>>53381587
I'd say "standard" means the gm doesn't have to make any bullshit excuses for your character at the expense of the universe and other players, but is willing to let you run with a concept that doesn't ruin his table until at least the third session.
>>
>>53381564
Pic also related.
>>
>>53381691
All things solved by retards killing themselves.
>>
>>53381716
But without the supply of dum-dums, who would drive the trucks that your country would collapse in a few days without?
>>
>>53381761
>who would drive the trucks
Friendly Muslims of course.
>>
>>53381686
I don't think you understand what this game is about if you're trying to justify things lol
>>
>>53381819
All I know is that it's pretty damn fun.
>>
File: stick_people_drawing_by_johnsu.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stick_people_drawing_by_johnsu.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
Planning on making a homebrew race based on stick figures. Yeah, I know that's a ridiculously-silly idea that might just rival the Unicorns.

Lore-wise they're humanity's attempt at joining the "has made a sapient/servant race" bandwagon (because humans want to try everything at least once). The bizarre appearance is a result of trying to cut costs by compressing and simplifying their biology. It's also PR-friendly.
>>
>>53377230
>It is too peaceful and I can't do meaningful combat encounters for shit. My players seem to have fun finding other ways to fuck up my villains tho.

Your players are having fun! Is that necessarily a big issue then?
>>
>>53382292
>>53377230
I ran into that issue. Went some 16 weeks between combats. The players didn't mind and still got to do exciting and action packed things, but I enjoy combat now and then too.
Bastards kept being clever at avoiding actually coming to blows or choosing to turn away from battle.
What started as an "evil" campaign has the Characters actually becoming more good because they got to see the depths of their own depravity and it didn't make them happy.
>>
>>53377230
>I am trying to use the setting to do something a bit orignal since most of them took necrodermis artefacts in char creation and that's supposed to be rare as shit.

The metal lives. Perhaps enough of them together, eventually give enough of a spark of vitality to send a cry out into the depths, to a large space station part of an ancient Syrene superweapon. Taken over by malevolent AI, the station was disabled and mined to recover what they could. Unknown over the years, its ancient systems have been reactivated by scavengers, and it has slowly reached levels where it can be active. The call of its parts will bring it. Scavenged Syrene records, roughly translated, call it 'The Sinister Star'.

Beware. He lives.
>>
>>53382365
Not that anon but that's pretty good.
>>
>>53382365
Oh man, I love it. Someone needs to use this. I know I would.
>>
File: senshi scream.png (18KB, 212x198px) Image search: [Google]
senshi scream.png
18KB, 212x198px
>>53382435
>>53382548

>Mfw people usually respond positively to my abandoned plot notes/mashups
>Mfw I'll never have a proper group to use them with, or ever get off my ass and punch them up into a proper pre-made adventure or bestiary
>>
>>53382630
Try the forum. There's a bunch of people there raring to get into games and test shit out.
>>
>>53382203
Didn't you mention this last year? What's keeping you?
>>
Suggested change to the Paragon capstone:

>*****Mysterious as the Dark Side of the Moon - Whenever a Paragon uses a stunt on a test and succeeds, all allies acting before the Paragon's next turn gain a bonus to their next test equal to the number of Pressure Points the Paragon spent on her test.
>>
File: xiaoxiao.jpg (28KB, 468x250px) Image search: [Google]
xiaoxiao.jpg
28KB, 468x250px
>>53382697
Last year? Did I? I thought it was only some time recently. I guess I forgot.

But personally wondering if a few more folk here's okay with the potential tone mismatch stick figures provide,considering that they're either awesome or funny.
>>
>>53382914
Go for it. Worse case scenario, anyone that doesn't like it can ignore it.
>>
>>53382914
Real question : Are they genderless and/or always naked?
>>
File: rhgimage2_by_oxob3000-d6ss9dy.png (21KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
rhgimage2_by_oxob3000-d6ss9dy.png
21KB, 150x150px
>>53383558
Thinking about it, I guess yes but not always.

Since we're dealing with a creation of DtD Humans, they have a sizable degree of diversity like their creator race, though it's more physical than cultural. Numerous variants have been made to account for a myriad of different purposes, from cheap labor and soldiers to colorful mascots and instant companions. They can range from generic black stick figures to ones with noticeable physique, possess hair and even the modesty to wear clothes.

If there's one thing about them, it's that there's a huge gulf between mortals and their Exalted counterparts.So in terms of what little culture is unique to them, they have some kind of propensity for individualism. It's a noticeable difference when you compare generic black stickmen to those with vibrant appearances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Mt9yxAxkk

But that's just a conceptual draft.
>>
What do you guys think of the Dragonblooded? How does it fare compared to other Exalts from Core? Better than average? Worse?
>>
>>53384513
I want to play a half dragon. This is a system that lets me do that freely. If I'm playing DtD, it's just to have fun. Dragonblooded let's me have fun.
>>
What exalt is Darth Vader?
>>
>>53386954
Parapysker with lot of cybernetics
>>
>>53386968
It's called Psion now, since the name is...uh..."broader".
>>
>>53365566
I'm involved in both Zeta Betas.
>>
>>53381579
Dragonblooded Dragonborn with the Double Dragon asset (for more dragoning), that takes Evocation and Transmutation in order to get the Dragon Form and Dragon Slave (homebrew) spells. Also has an entire set of artifact Carapace (NOT Storm Carapace) made using the homebrew Draconic material. Possibly has 5 dots in Mentor in order to have a dragon as a mentor. I count at least 10 different dragony things there.
>>
>>53382365
>>53382435
I am actually doing more or less this thing with the IT LIVES but it actually lives. They have had visions when they sleep and shit. I am still trying to figure out where it is going, it could as well be that but for now they're stranded on a space port and caught in a feud between mercenaries and chaos cultists trying to take over the planet.
They have stirred up enough shit and used shapeshifting and recordings to smear shit on the political power to make a kind of makeshift revolution that helped fight most of the battle against the forces of both, it was pretty fun.

>>53382292
It is not an issue but I feel like there isn't enough danger then. Then again there are other ways to make that go and the players imagine danger well enough, like doing shit all sneaky like because they think there is a big encounter to be avoided when there are none. If they are happy like that I will not be the one to tell them they're wrong!
>>
>>53387857
Don't forget to spend XP for an Ally with a similar build.
>>
>>53365566
>Vader
>using force lightning
Triggered my autism.
I'll be going now
>>
>>53387740
Cool. How are they goimg?
>>
>>53373761
Why is Vader an eladrin, again?
>>
>>53391731
Why not?
>>
>>53391760
I mean, whatever floats your stoat, but he was pretty definitely a human in the source
>>
Would you allow "Short range" as a specialization for Ballistics? Honestly, feels a bit cheap to me but I can't come up with a better option
>>
>>53391796
>every character who was originally a human needs to be a human in Dungeons: the Dragoning.

That's fucking boring, I was in a game where Alice Margatroid was an Eldarin and Gordon Freeman was a Tau.
>>
>>53391872
Okay
>>
>>53391872
I don't think anyone said anything like that, mate. But I agree that "why not" is a pretty shitty reason for changes like that.
>>
File: 1456358859215.png (378KB, 1024x591px) Image search: [Google]
1456358859215.png
378KB, 1024x591px
>>1d4chan (recently got updated)
I wrote that update

Been running it for the last months consistently, anyone ha any question?
>>
>>53391958
>Dungeons: the Dragoning
>reason

Well, whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you.
>>
>>53391999
I'm just saying that you'd probably get more interesting characters if you put some thought into it instead of going "Lol my character is Darth Vader BUT!! he's totally an eldarin! How wacky is that?"
>>
File: wake me up.png (110KB, 448x335px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.png
110KB, 448x335px
>>53367476
ITS

FUCKING

TERRIBLE

let me tell you, the updated bestiary is fucking terrible. There is a reason why the original author didn't use the rules for determinating hit points for PCs on the NPCs and enemies.
The reason being that enemies take too fucking long to die, is fucking insane how badly the pacing of battles suffer when the enemies get as beefed up as if all of them were exalted heroes. We tried doing sessions with the updated dramatis personae made by the forum and we couldn't handle it, my players complained saying that it is asinine how long it takes for retarded mooks to die. It really killed the mood of "I'm a powerful exalted, fuck mortals" and was incredibly boring, and not more difficult in the slightest

Trust me, don't fucking use the same rules for PC creation when making enemies, only for special antagonists if anything.
>>
>>53391969
Really? Good job. It looks much better than it did before.

>anyone ha any question?

Just a few.

In the BBOB section, you mention some of the homebrew Exalts being skub. Which ones are they? What was wrong with them?

Also, the link to the homebrew directory includes a warning to "Beware of the circlejerk." Is that a notable thing there, or was it just a generic warning?
>>
>>53391843
...probably not. Specialisations should be narrower than that really. Obvious specialisations are particular weapon types, like "shotguns" (but not as broad as categories). One of my players has taken a Ballistic spec in "Ship Cannons" to help with ship combat and orbital bombardment.
>>
>>53392245
thank, I supposed it really needed some addition, my hopes were that more people would get into it

>skub exalts
its obviously personal opinion, hence the skub.
While some exaltations are very good additions that truly feel like they add something to the game in a meaningful way, like the psion, the solar or the death-king, there are some that can be utterly stupid like the avatar (videogame chartacter, seriously?) the scion (why the fuck bring greek gods to utterly destroy the fluff) or...
check for yourself
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30052207/1/

It certainly seems like they though "lets make up this playstyle or this ebin reference" without giving a shit if it was needed to begin with

>Beware of the circlejerk
I'm certain there is a huge degree of circlejerk.
Not that it takes credit away from some of their works, but they have a jarring tendency to only listen among themselves

One jarring example related to what I said earlier of "ebin reference" is when there was a thread made about the creation of a time-power exaltation and they gave the exaltation a regeneration "anti-death" power that was a reference to doctor who. An unrelated guy went to mention how it didn't make any sense both in fluff, because Doctor who doesn't have any powers related to time and they were just doing it for the sake of another ebin reference, or crunch, because it was too powerful already, which certainly convinced, but he was completely ignored and the four or five guys that frequent the place still went ahead with it. I've seen this happen several times in other threads
>>
>>53392571
weredrago2 here. I did the Solar and the current version of the Psion. I made the Exalt you linked to because I wanted to make a martially-focused Exalt and challenged myself to take the thing as seriously as possible. It's why the finished result is outlandish, but playable. It's also probably compatible with the lore, if not compatible with common sense and the suspension of disbelief. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

As for the circlejerk example, I think I found what you were talking about. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then I did tone down the power when it was pointed out how powerful it was. Now it only lets you switch around Characteristic dots when you burn a hero point to not die. Since saw the need to point it out, though, I'll try to be more careful about any unintentional favoritism and circlejerking.
>>
>>53365566
I am in a game that's actually using Legends of the Wulin for the mechanics, but it's otherwise pretty solid. The GM has imported a lot of other influences, but they work out pretty goddamn well, considering the grab-bag that DtD is in the first place.

For example, my character is Space Elf Samus Aran, Galactic Police Officer--an eldarin cop in a power suit who recently Exalted as a Solar (Night caste) and prefers CQC to ranged fightan. (Samus and Birdy the Mighty mashed up in an eldarin)

There is a planet full of dryads who used to be the Borg of the setting; in their dark past they would deply the Eden (nee Genesis) Project, instantly terraform worlds into lush garden planets, and "convert" the natives into more dryads. They've gotten over doing that but it still lurks as a shadow behind their interactions with other races.

There is an all-dryad group of Hope-generating pop idols who are basically Macross singers--complete with a mobile transforming battleship.

The quori (who are also blended with Star Trek's Iconians) hide behind all the major galactic events and try to suction Hope, and indeed all emotions, from living beings in order to remake the multiverse in their own image.

We have a fellow PC who is a cyborg space pirate with one of those quori locked inside her skull, just waiting to get out and use her body to begin his reign of terror.

We just left Tranquility, a planet that is basically Diablo's setting, except the eternal war between angels, demons, and mortals had been won...by the demons, who'd set up "Departments" to regulate life among the citizenry according to the Ruinous Powers (Departments of War, Change, Disease, and Excess)...and they were led by a "demon" who was actually an angel in disguise, hooked up into enough machinery to power his ability to control things across the planet and into space.
>>
>>53393098

We have a dryad PC who is a spirit kicked out of her body, mentally broken by the trauma of that plus time travel (she's already met herself in person, whoops), and is also favored of the Raven Queen and the Abhorsen--the only "good" necromancer allowed by Old Fuss and Feathers herself.

This is a source of contention because a favored NPC ally is a necromancer herself, albeit unwillingly--a formerly soulless eldarin girl who is the daughter of Goreshade (from Iron Kingdoms), a maddened eldarin who murdered almost an entire craftworld in a bid to unseat the Raven Queen and become a god himself. Said daughter was raised for the better part of her youth by The Doctor, another eldarin done up like Tom Baker who was a whiz with chronomancy. He just met my PC for the "last" time from his POV, as he has been dead for nigh on ten years by "now" in the game's storyline. Manly tears were shed at his selfess sacrifice.

The Satyxis (also from Iron Kingdoms) make an appearance done up like 1960s Star Trek Romulans--notorious raiders and femdoms in gogo boots and miniskirts. They are usually kept in check by the aforementioned dryads' "Starfleet" (as they are ALSO done up like normal Starfleet officers from the same era).

Sigil itself is still run by the Lady of Pain, though day to day operations are handled by entities that are crosses between Ravnica's guilds and Shadowrun's megacorps. We faced a Selesnyan dryad (the race turns up a lot) who ran a hippie commune where she changed her victims in mind and body to good little subservient dopes and then sold them off to pleasure palaces. She's in jail now.

The other two PCs are a daemonhost who has her demonic family stuffed inside her head thanks to being contained in a hunk of crystal lodged half-inside one of her temples. It constantly oozes blood, but she's fine with that, being Khornate. Her father is Diablo and she recently killed him for good...sort of.
>>
>>53393202
The last PC is a halfling werewolf lunar exalt who is from the daemonhost's same home planet (Tranquility, as mentioned two posts ago). With our victory over the Departments running the place, and ousting the angel who fucked it all up, she had nowhere left to go, so now she's with us on Sigil as we recuperate, a barbarian fish out of water in the highly regimented and urban life. She's recently found entertainment in an arena run by Rakdos and may or may not be using her shapeshifting ability to murder and take the place of an NPC working for Horizon Media (in a capacity related to my character's).

We've also run afoul of Cygnar and their new/old king, Vinter, and his policies. The nobility are decidedly stereotypical nobility ("We're so much better than everyone else!") but the extent is new; we crushed a pleasure cruiser of theirs in the middle of the Void when we traced a mysterious substance there and found the nobles consuming sentient beings in basically cannibalistic dinners. A dragon child missing a hand, his mother's haunch (and only that) found in a freezer in the cargo hold, a shocking number of empty cells while others contained prisoners, and an angel being slowly tortured, her wings removed while she was kept alive, and the bones from said wings being used to make tableware.

(I may or may not have killed a man in-game using a pair of chopsticks made from her wing bones. Then after we rescued as many as we could, I gave them back.)

I fucking love this game, you guys.
>>
>>53392934
The problem might be that often most of the works start as "I want to do this playstyle" without even questioning if
1)it can't actually be achieved by already existing methods (a pair of examples: a lot of homebrew classes are just mixing the feats of already existing classes, which can be done by mixing classes between levels; It also begs question if you guys have ever read the "adapting exaltations" parts of the first book, although this tendency seems to have been noticeably fixed in the last works made, since exaltations seem better made and more balanced now).
2)if it really is necessary. Is the homebrew creation filling a gap or niche that was lacking from the official game or does it just add unnecessary or redundant stuff?

The fact that you've said "I wanted to create a martially-focused exalt" instead of asking yourself "This game need a martially focused exalt?" proves that mentality, since you could have seen that werewolves, dragonblood, vampires;parangon and promethean to some extent and already existing homebrew exaltations covered such niche well enough

But

It must be understood that it is homewbrew, there shouldn't be any limitations on what one is allowed to make or not, specially considering how well balanced the material made usually is, mostly because one can choose if to use it or not for a game

>Since saw the need to point it out, though, I'll try to be more careful about any unintentional favoritism and circlejerking.
I'm glad to see such a reasonable answer, I was fearing some serious sperging so my apologies if I sounded rude, I look forward to seeing more of your work

I must say that regrettably since I've been playing for the last months I haven't had time to test with my players the new stuff you guys have come up with
>>
>>53393098
>>53393202
>>53393268
No, you love legends of the wulin. This is a dungeons the draogning thread, please keep all discussion on topic; the game you are playing is not dtd, it's lotw with some vaguely dtd-like window dressing.
>>
>>53393098
>>53393202
>>53393268
sorry to say, but the most important part of DtD is the system and crunch so if you are not using it I don't see the point
>>
>>53393356

Well sounds like he's playing DtD(Setting) but not DtD(System).

Like how there is Exalted for FATE and such.
>>
>>53393416

I mean, I like DtD but the crunch is pretty unremarkable. Mostly because it is just a combination of a couple of systems.
>>
>>53393464
1)have you tried it?

2)if you think its unremarkable I can understand you not liking it, but if so then why would you say that you fucking love the game?
>>
>>53393486

1) I've tried it and run it plenty, yeah.

2) Because I find the setting a load of fun. Like how I enjoy the crap out of Dark Sun without being much of a fan of the D&D systems.
>>
I don't see what's wrong with discussing the D:tD setting separately from the mechanics, especially when a lot of the mechanics is grounded solidly in the setting and vice versa. At worst, it's free advertising for a free game.
>>
>>53393562

What's wrong is that this is a DTD thread, not a LOTW thread or a general 'talk about games' thread. So if it doesn't involve both setting and system of a game that isn't generic, it's off topic, and you're a troll if you think otherwise.
>>
>>53393575

...Except people talk about using systems with different settings all the time? How is using a setting with a different system any different?
>>
>>53393575

But discussing it in a LOTW thread would also not work by that logic. As while it's the LOTW system it's not the LOTW setting.
>>
>>53393575
>So, anyone here in a game? If so, what's your character? If not, what character would you like to play in the future?

>>53393098
>>53393202
>>53393268

All 3 of these characters look like they could easily be in D:tD anyway. He isn't discussing mechanics, he's discussing characters.
>>
>>53393562
>a lot of the mechanics is grounded solidly in the setting and vice versa
no
what the fuck does that even mean

DtD is a very crunchy game with what could be considered some of the best and most balanced mechanics ever made for a TRPG. It is asinine to try to separate it from the crunch specially considering the setting is purposedly "lol references" (still is decent but nothing really to write history about) and completely encourages creating your own
>>
>>53393575
Except the OP literally asks for it.

Next time, don't be a smug ass, and post some thread rules, so you can protect your precious thread sanctity from dirty dirty non-system-using people.
>>
>>53392934
I still insist that chronomancer sounds much cooler than time lord
>>
>>53393641
It means that you need an imagination. As long as you can describe the game without using mechanics, and it sounds like D:tD, it's in the spirit of D:tD. D:tD was designed as a parody system to begin with, and it is incredibly buggy. The only balancing factor of the entire system is that EVERYONE is incredibly buggy.
>>
>>53393625
>All 3 of these characters look like they could easily be in D:tD anyway.

As the GM of the game, yeah they are all DtD characters more or less. They picked races/exaltations and then loresheets were made for them.

Reise: Eldarin Atlantean
Khaira: Dryad Wraith
Q-33: Human Promethian
Annandra: Human Daemonhost
Linny: Halfling Werewolf.
>>
>>53393675
what the absolute fuck
if anything it is the opposite. The crunch was made carefully to be very balanced and with great care, resulting in battles with hundreds of options that still remain fluid and many more additions that culminate in the most excellent system made for veterans of trpgs.
the setting is the parody, a parody made as a excuse plot to put a framework for this crunch to exist. It is purposely not serious and as I've already said it encourages making your own setting instead

you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about, this is beyond your personal preferences
>buggy
why the fuck are you talking as if it was a videogame you dumbfuck
>>
>>53393309
You have a point that some of the things we make are redundant or otherwise fill identical niches to stuff we already have. I try to put a spin on things, but there's only so much that can be done to fight the fact we're running out of ideas.

Oh, and good luck with your game. Don't worry about testing all of our new stuff, but as an SM you might be interested in looking at my Monster Creation 2.0 rules.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30036756/1/
>>
>>53393699
What about class, deity, and all that?
>>
File: Here the term.jpg (316KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Here the term.jpg
316KB, 2048x1365px
>>53393765
>implying the term buggy isn't a synonym that can be used to refer to anything that has weird glitches (also, a synonym) in the logic or algorithms of the game.

>Here, the term word "Algorithm" is used to denote mathematical formula, usually fed one or more variables to put out an answer. In this case, the roll and keep system.

Several things about the game are broken. Incendiary, fatigue, the imbalance of magic vs martial, some exalts vs the others. This system is far from perfect, but it is the most versatile, and can easily be changed and adapted.

Pic related.
>>
>>53393838
This guy gets it. DtD has flaws, but it's still fun in spite of them.
>>
>>53393783

>What about class, deity, and all that?

Reise: Order (Not a particular god)
Khaira: Raven Queen
Q-33: Unaligned
Annandra: Khorne
Linny: Chaos Undivided.

Class, less so but most DtD characters go through several classes along the way. It would be theoretically possible to pick out classes for each of them.
>>
>>53393838
>some exalts vs the others

And lo, the first words ever spoken about exalts in DtD was 'Fucking Daemonhost bullshit, Chosen Buffs When?'
>>
>>53393901
And Lawful Nice looked upon his fluff, and saw that it was good;
And he pulled from the dirt of the Imperium the Daemonhost, and saw that it was good;
And he pulled from the heavens the Chosen, and decided it be the suck.
>>
>>53393781
>we're running out of ideas
it shows, but I understand. Creating stuff for this game can be so much fun

One thing I find severely lacking that we could work on is settings. I would share the one I've made for my players but I don't know how well it would be received, since it forsakes all space things (we decided that we didn't want space traveling and planets beforehand)

Also we should work for alternative wealth rules to include numeral money. I think rogue trader money rules would work, but I've never played it so...
Also, when the fuck are we going to fix vehicles?
>Monster Creation
ah about that

refer to >>53392053

I think you guys have actually played as well, have you encountered similar problems?
>>
>>53393838
nigger I've been running this shit for months and I can tell you that you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about

among some things, martials with sword schools are waaaay more fucking broken than magicians.

also you are very austistic with that buggy definiton crap, you know?
>>
>>53393869
>Class, less so but most DtD characters go through several classes along the way. It would be theoretically possible to pick out classes for each of them.

Would you, then?
>>
>>53393957
>Been running the game for months

That's adorable.

>Among some things, martials with sword schools are waaaay more fucking broken than magicians

I think you're arguing against your perfect system at this point.

>also you are very autistic with that buggy definition crap, you know?

I...think you may need to talk to your parents about counseling. Autism is problems in speech, communicating, and in using language. Obviously, I do not have any such symptoms, as I am able to utilize multiple words to denote similar ideas in ways that people understand. Lack of difficulty in communication is the opposite definition of autism. You, on the other hand...
>>
>>53393971

If you insist.

Reise: Bard/Sheriff
Khaira: Arcane Knight/Magic User
Q-33: Techpriest/Helmsman
Annandra: Mercenary/Rogue
Linny: Courtier/Barbarian
>>
File: nurdened.jpg (96KB, 847x848px) Image search: [Google]
nurdened.jpg
96KB, 847x848px
>>53394007
>does not understand the point
>doesn't understand the connotation of autism
>pedantic uncalled definitons

>"I'm not autistic!"

sure
>>
>>53394082
Very well. I'll throw all this together into characters to prove that you didn't need to use lotw to run this game.
>>
>>53394122
I think he just doesn't want to use the heavily bogged down rules of D:tD. Although flexible and able to do almost anything, they're very, VERY crunch-heavy, and it can slow games down to a crawl.

>>53394084
>Implying I don't understand the point.
>>
>>53394122

And? I have no illusions it couldn't be run in DTD.

Well, ok. Reise would have some serious issues being run in DTD as she didn't actually exalt until half way through the second arc (As the player was feeling a bit generic with her situation as a Paragon)
>>
>>53394147
>it can slow games down to a crawl
it fucking doesn't

jesus christ, can you stop talking about shit you don't know

I mean, anyone who has played it can tell you how good it actually flows you massive cunt
>>
>>53394147
Why would you want to use a system that isn't dtd to run a game of dtd, though? it doesn't make any logical sense.
>>
>>53394196
>Implying I haven't been playing for years
>>
>>53394205
Is this a real question?
>>
File: Your opinion is shit.png (531KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
Your opinion is shit.png
531KB, 441x705px
>>53394147
>Implying I don't understand the point.

you don't understand shit in general
>>
>>53394205
It's less of a "it doesn't make sense", and more of a "maybe they liked the setting but not the crunch." Which is understandable. DtD is daunting.
>>
File: you dumb ass motherfucker.png (325KB, 639x530px) Image search: [Google]
you dumb ass motherfucker.png
325KB, 639x530px
>>53394216
and I'm supposed to believe that
>>
>>53394232
if it is daunting, then overcome it. fun things are worth difficulties; the more difficult something is to understand and use, often the better it is.
>>
>>53394232
>Which is understandable
its not?

the setting is retarded and "lol reference"
funny, yeah, not really terrible, but no way great

the crunch is where it's at
>>
>>53392571
Hi, I'm the guy who made the Scion. While I disagree that it destroys fluff, that's your opinion and I respect it. If you have a suggestion to change the fluff and not scrap it, I'll gladly take it.

I'll be the first to admit I only make homebrew to see something cool, rather than something that needs to be there that isn't.
>>
>>53394240
If you believed everything on the internet, you should be institutionalized.

That being said, no - you have your own opinions - albeit misguided and overall incorrect, and I don't expect you to believe that someone else could be correct if they have a different view.
>>
>>53394196
Hokay, just to point this out: I'm in the Zeta Beta, playing the Chosen of Tzeentch Warlock. It takes me FAR too fucking long each game to work out exactly what my bonuses add up to. I THINK it's something like +8 on unpushed spells and a +18 bonus on pushed spells, ignoring the extra dice from Virtues. This also ignores Spell Specialisation.
>>
File: raughs.jpg (40KB, 630x337px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
40KB, 630x337px
>>53394272
>that fucking speech
god damn anon, you truly are the autistiest kind
>>
>>53394256
>Implying something that's difficult to handle every time is fun after a certain period of time, even if it's clunky every time.

Not for everyone. I have no problems with DtD, and neither does my table, but that first month of sessions? If I was struck with amnesia, I wouldn't relearn DtD if you paid me.
>>
>>53394232

We also wanted to do a bit more of a high powered take on the setting and game as a whole, since DtD as a system is surprisingly grounded.

>>53394266

I've always seen the DtD setting as more than that. It's not just about references, it's about taking disparate references and finding the points where they converge to make something greater than the sum of its parts. It also helps that our GM is fantastic at expanding on that, finding other things and seamlessly weaving them all together that makes the mishmash setting make sense and feel very consistent.
>>
>>53393920
We do have some homebrew fluff stuff. Check out the homebrew fluff thread and homebrew crystal spheres thread. There's also threads for homebrew space marine chapters an in-progress Shadows of the Imperium sourcebook.

If you need Rogue Trader, then happy birthday. It's in the Warhammer folder.
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8z4Cy1zaGU1WU0xc3F5dlZ1NHc?usp=sharing

As for vehicle rules, as Divergent Reality. He knows them far better than I do.

Do you think I should lower the amount of HP I give custom monsters? In our own play group, combat started taking too long because one player entered the Shaman class and a later player picked the Overlord Exalt, two player options that grant players limited access to Monster Creation. As you can guess, rounds stretch on when everyone brings their own party to the party. It's mostly solved now, but I don't think we ever had issues with monsters having too many hit points.
>>
>>53394305
Autistiest? Really? That's the insults people learn on the internet these days?

What happened to calling someone a cumguzzling shitstain of an aborted reject? Has 4chan lost its touch?
>>
>>53394371
Internet induced brain rot. The only two insults left on the entire internet are 'autist' and 'cuck'.
>>
>>53394380
I think you left out "kys" to round out the holy trinity of "we don't bring our balls to the internet"
>>
>>53394380

I like autick and cucktist, maybe.
>>
>>53394295
warlocks are unplayable at this stage, it is the prime example of "adding a bunch of feats and rules that just make the game more unnecessarily complicated"

However why the fuck haven't you simply written down the bonuses

>>53394271
Well here's my critique:

Being the character a god how the fuck are we going to excuse the alignments?
Fluff wise it feels like a niche that could be filled perfectly by a chosen (vessel of a god touches a mortal? yeah) and crunch wise it feels like I've seen all of its powers before, doesn't add nothing as a play style. Remember that what you might find cool might not be shared by others
>>
>>53394506
>warlocks are unplayable at this stage
Are you talking about the Warlock in the BBOB, or the 'Iron' update? Here's a link to the Iron Warlock, if you haven't seen it.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10431233/1/
>>
>>53394358
>Do you think I should lower the amount of HP I give custom monsters?
I would definitely consider it. I've created many NPCs and enemies for my players and I've never needed guidelines to do so, but one thing I've kept in mind was to give the enemis static defense and HP close to what it would be their counterpart of the first book

For example, I made some templar knights with high strenght, consitution, wearing plate armor and carrying polearms and whatnot, but gave them only 8HP because that's what elite soldiers have in the dramatis personae of the first book.

>>53394597
shit, that's definitely much better

still, I wouldn't recommend it to new players, it has a lot of shit to keep track of that are different from other classes

however that's why I keep telling my players to write down what they have because if they forget their feats its their own problem, so now its special feats are not much complicated than those of other classes (or so I would say from a first look, maybe needs testing)
>>
>>53394693
>only 8HP
just checked my notes from that session, it was 10HP, but you get the idea
>>
>>53394693
Alright, I'll see what I can do about reducing the HP monsters get. I made the system because some people like having a quick system for monster making and it was less clunky than the previously proposed Monster Creation rules.
>>
Since we're rebalancing the core Exaltations, I came up with a proposed rewrite of Blood Dependency.

>Blood Dependency - A vampire must spend 1 Vitae every day in order to remain active. If they choose not to, or can't, they lapse into a coma. Vampires gain a Bite weapon (1k1 R; Melee; Brawling). The vampire may choose to drain one resource point of blood from a bitten victim per round, each Vitae taken inflicting a wound. A vampire may also, of course, feed from a willing target. A vampire who is unconscious or in a coma may be fed blood by another.

This changes the power so that Vitae is linked to wounds and not fatigue. You can keep draining Vitae from someone without accidentally knocking them out and killing them.
>>
>>53394506
While I feel the fluff is different enough (a dead god slowly turning you into a miniature themself vs a living god ordaining you a champion), you raise a good point on the mechanics. Iirc the original gimmick was "what can a character get out of a full resource pool?" but that admittedly hit a wall.

God of War is... uninspired, yes. I'll work on it.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>53395544
I have two possible answers
a)you can rule it as if willing targets suffer neither fatigue nor damage, just like in WoD
b) when you take blood from someone that person gets lightheaded, so it makes way more sense that sucking blood inflicts fatigue than damage

>>53396002
good to see that resolve
>>
Damn time zones, everything happens while I'm asleep. While I can, I might as well share my opinions. I'll probably regret this afterwards as I get more lucid.

>>53392571
>they have a jarring tendency to only listen among themselves
I haven't been in the scene for as long as the others, but I think it's because of how few the members are. Sure, there are occasional visitors who ask for clarifications/advice on something or make half-baked homebrew before disappearing into St. Petersburg.

>It certainly seems like they though "lets make up this playstyle or this ebin reference"
Half-and-half, some of the material are trying to tread new ground like the martial schools introducing unique effects and a melee-based Elemental Shot class. While the others started out from such though the authors tried to make it unique as well. Like the Gemini, which started out because the creator wanted to simulate Doppio and Diavolo in DtD, and resulted in an out-there switching Exaltation.

(1/2)
>>
>>53396392
>>53393309
>adapting exaltations
Personally I think it's sorta done with the Alt exaltations like how Nephilim is retooled from the Daemonhost to be Ctan-themed. On the other hand, Kamen Riders and magical girls (Champions and Wellsprings respectively) aren't Werewolf alternates as the book suggested since I presume them having a weakness to Silver and being extremely limited in actions in Super Mode would be pretty odd.

Uh, for the record, you are okay with the idea of "alternate exaltations" like the Fool and the Phoenix, right?

>classes
Most players don't have the time or the XP (at least at the early game) to multiclass for specific builds. Classes like Man-At-Arms, Secret Service and the Ninja offer a different route for people to take as their first class track. At the very least the completion bonuses are different enough and only few classes would step on each other's toes.

I remember not creating homebrew feats if existing ones (core or other homebrew) are already viable is viewed as a good thing. Kinda funny, I used to struggle with not adding more homebrew feats if it can be helped, but now I have to deal with the opposite and try to figure out how to add more.

At least I'm confident people working on Martial Schools are trying to tread new ground, which most of them offering unique effects. With the School Equivalency rule, you can take it with vanilla classes as you wish.

>haven't had time to test with my players the new stuff you guys have come up with
Neither do we, we already have a regular Roll20 game, someone's running an IRL game with their friends, others are planning to run more, there's even a couple of Play-By-Post on the forum to keep testing more; but it's still not enough to rigorously test the homebrew.

(2/3) I keep overestimating the character limit wth
>>
>>53396400
>>53393920
I guess it's more fun to come up with mechanical interactions than fluff, otherwise I would've posted information about the DtD adaptation of the Foehn Revolt by now. Speaking of fluff, there's also the matter of alignments although I figure most of it would be Gray Council because of how different each of them are.

And I think settings are fine, the game I'm in can't even leave its home Crystal Sphere due to -plot-.
>>
>>53396392
as one visitor that once made what you are referring as half-baked homebrew I feel slightly insulted due to the reason of me disappearing into ST. Peterburg was because of the complete lack of attention it received, hence why my accusation of circlejerk and only listening among themselves

>half and half
well, I've already posted on the thread why I find that mentality bad for creating stuff, but could be summarized in: it usually ends up with things that add nothing to what already exist

>you are okay with alternate exaltations
I love them

if you want I can pass you a list of the exaltations I found dislikeable. of course, it is personal opinion, but my players agreed as well

>most players don't have the time or the XP
well tough shit
I've noticed that the homebrew classes tend to be underpowered to the classes on book1-2 because "I want to play a guy who drives and shoots" ends up, compared to a shooter that later gets into driving and even with the same XP spent, mediocre at shooting and driving. You saved time and XP but to fill the power gap then you'll have to spend that time and XP anyway.
>>
>>53396701
What was your homebrew anyway? I'm relatively new compared to the others so I was only making general assumptions on my end so I'm sorry if I accidentally referred to your material.

>if you want I can pass you a list of the exaltations I found dislikeable
Hmm, while I would like to know, I think it would be more productive to know which homebrew Exaltations (alternate or not) you liked the most to give an idea to the others the sort of standard you like to see.
>>
>>53396890
On this point, we ARE interested in knowing what people think of our homebrew, whether it's specific exalts, classes, or even equipment in the armory! We want our additions to be balanced.
>>
>>53396890
I'll briefly tell you the exaltations that we excluded from out game with a quick brief reason as to not bump into character limit:

avatar: while the mechanics look fun, we hate the idea of videogames in a world where they do not exist (maybe in a novelty crystal sphere or world, but it just feels like an excuse for ebin reference)
Axiomatic: fucking incomprehensible, no idea what it is supposed to mimic.
Bioform: actually I love it, but as an antagonist only (but players do not know it yet, he he he)
Darkspawn: good except for taking out the random factor of what we call "the fun table" (physic phenomena) and making it predictable and thus boring
Deviant: terrible idea. It is very unspecific and feels like whatever it might try to introduce can be done much better by other exaltations
Dominion: not really bad, we just don't like skyrim much (but seeing how mechanically it is more social than anything we might have been to hasty to judge)
Keyblader: I've already said why. Besides we don't take kindly such blatant reference that can't be adapted. Also, feels like the devotee already covers the "speshual weapon" exaltation and more
Kismet: not suitable for settings where the lady of pain doesn't exist like the one we play, but could work
Legend: I don't see the point of something so specific when any exalted can become legendary. Ej: "[race]heroes
Monster bound: by default things that bring allies to combat tend to overcomplicate it
Overlord: same, but turned up to eleven
Precognator: it was unfinished when we saw it, I'll check it again after this post
Scion: already said why
Toon: similar issue than the avatar, also impossible to take seriously

There might be complaints about one exaltation or other, but on paper the rest look good enough for us to want to try them
>>
>>53397791
>Bioform
To be fair, the creator did intend it to be NPC-only but it feels like an Exaltation so it was posted there.

>Deviant
It's deliberate, much like a reworked version of the defunct Abomination. The gimmick is that you get to mix-and-match your abilities with the only use of resource points akin to a Paragons: for generic uses. Your "superpowers" don't need it (unless it does).

>Kismet
Huh, I thought you'd be opposed because the character has Hero Points as a resource, which is a novel idea.

>Overlord
Understandable, considering that I played one and I have to deal. Had it not been for me playing what is essentially a Chinese commissar, I would take time to play more seriously.

>Precognator
It was updated recently, at least when I pestered the creator about it. So far it's missing some assets and I'm not sure if he added the drawback suggestion, but the ability to choose dice results for most tests feels awesome.

>Toon
Right, the homebrew library used to have a Joke section shortly when it was first posted, but it was...refurbished in some way. Though I thought the existing fluff did mitigate it, but that's just me.

However I'd still like to know what are your stand-out examples of homebrew you and your group really likes, aside from the ones you mentioned like the Solar and the new Death-King.
>>
>>53397925
Add-on: The current Overlord is a redux of a previous one, which is a more drastic overhaul of the first version. The very first version hinged on having numbers as the base gimmick.
>>
I remember there used to be a homebrew or something called the Muse or something, but it doesn't seem to be in any of the homebrew lists; it was based on exalted sidereals a bit, anyone know where it can be found?
>>
>>53397791
Specifically on the kismet, do you feel it's mostly a fluff restriction? I've been thinking of refluffing it with less emphasis on the lady
>>
>>53398375
The closest I remember was the Geode but that's currently in the repair hangar...indefinitely. Wait, lemme look it up.

>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/9798740/1/

Here it is, but it is very...uh...barebones? My mind keeps telling me that solely because my eyes don't see formatting. Hopefully it would be picked up again for a revision.
>>
>>53398375
It's in the Archive. Use the Search. It helps.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/9798740/1/
>>
>>53398386
definitely, but also gaining background dots in the middle of campaign after character creation seems definitely not a good idea.Not only it can be exploited terribly, the paradoxes only make things way too difficult for GMs
>>
>>53398481
Its former 5-dot ability is being able to restart a scene, before five minutes (rounds in combat) have passed.

One would argue though that , and the paradoxes I think are meant to be handwaved off like an film where one guy has inconsistent hair each scene.
>>
>>53398532
>missing phrase
Damn, I must be missing more sleep than I thought I would
>>
>>53398481
I was thinking about the complications it could cause, but hoped that restricting it to a no-repeating-backgrounds clause would help deter overuse. What alternatives would you recommend?

And while we're talking about that, do you (or anyone else) have any opinions on my other work? I'd love to get outside opinions
>>
>>53398686
You might want to say who you are, or at least what you've made that people can recognize.
>>
>>53398481
Background dots after character creation aren't an XP-bound stat, but rather a simple measure of an in-character status. They can go up and down as the story (and GM) dictates, so finding a horde of gold could give you wealth dots, or losing the favour of a guild could remove backing dots. They're entirely fluid as the story requires.

Then again I'm used to this, because every game I've been in has a had a Courtier. And they get social-type backgrounds as their level-completion reward.
>>
>>53398758
Sorry, I was hoping that asking questions about the Kismet gave it away. I'm Konate, my contributions can be found here http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/single/?p=10002502&t=10367980
>>
>>53398436
>>53398475

Ah, okay. It has some neat ideas; I don't have a membership or anything on the forums, but if I did it up and posted it here could someone transfer it over there? I don't care about being creditted or anything.
>>
>>53398893
If you can write it all up clearly, I'm sure someone can move it over to the forum and format it properly :)
>>
>>53398893
You do know you can post on the forum as a Guest, right? Or was that function removed?
>>
>>53398893
It takes two seconds to make an account. Even then, you can always post as a Guest.
>>
New thread
>>53399971
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.