[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real life heresy thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 1417636088472.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417636088472.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Post pictures/anecdotes of when you encountered heresy in real life.
>>
File: FEAR THE POWER OF LEARNING.png (1KB, 43x78px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR THE POWER OF LEARNING.png
1KB, 43x78px
>>53363792
Example: The logo of my community college's online "learning" site.
>>
>>53363803
Actually with the new update Canvas is quite a nice platform that works cohesively, even being able to deal with teachers that have weird grading scales.
>>
>>53363831
FUCK I was attempting to write from the perspective of a student in a hive city. Not enough context there.

(yes I think it's a very nice platform myself, you have good taste anon)
>>
File: chandler-larrabee.jpg (41KB, 750x465px) Image search: [Google]
chandler-larrabee.jpg
41KB, 750x465px
>>53363792
I encountered Rebecca Chandler of /x/ fame in Second Life.

It was during a routine excursion to the shores of Nuba and Semang, to bear witness to the madness of the Philosophers. She took the form of a minotaur, black as coal with glowing ember eyes and a cock as long as your forearm.

She was blathering about empathy and how she lacked it. When we went to IMs, she started talking about the Satanic mutilation incident she was party to. I didn't believe her until she started linking me to time-stamped scans of court documents.

She was coherent until I started asking about what possessed her. Then she logged out, and she hasn't returned to the Grid since on that avatar. Philipus Vult.
>>
>>53365436
Addendum; this incident happened less that 50 miles from the Slenderman stabbing, which happened a few years later.
>>
I use to live in a flat with a couple of musicians, at the start it was cool we'd chill and smoke a joint while having a few beers after work. But by the second year they were all on hard drugs all the time and would watch rekt videos on live leak all day. Then Coop came out as trans and they became obsessed on writing and recording the perfect album. Had to get out of there. They had no sense of reality in the end. The music was great at the start but by the end it was all disenance, atonal chords and explicit lyrics.
>>
File: 1469987280258.png (656KB, 1288x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1469987280258.png
656KB, 1288x1732px
>>53363792
>Post pictures/anecdotes of when you encountered heresy in real life.
>>
File: bring the mangifying glasses.gif (835KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
bring the mangifying glasses.gif
835KB, 300x201px
>>53363803
>>
>>53363792
>>
File: 1396781840085.jpg (226KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1396781840085.jpg
226KB, 1134x1001px
>>53367584
I knew 4chan couldn't produce anything like this. For those of you who prefer your sources cited:
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/04/07/jesus-didnt-care-about-being-nice-or-tolerant-and-neither-should-you/

This is why citing your sources is important. If you're not familiar with the man, and I sure wasn't, give his articles a read. You'll probably be... surprised.

Anyway, let me offer a counterpost, and this one's not copy-pasted from some blog and presented as original thinking. This is from me, here and now, live and in stereo, just in case anyone on /tg/ read that post and got a little fired up and started looking for a tabard and broadsword.

Let’s start with the niceties. "When babies are murdered and the institution of the family is undermined and attacked" is a dogwhistle phrase. What the author says here is "abortion, gay marriage, feminism, and divorce." Just say it, friend. Don't dress it up.

These are the "evils" we are asked to "refuse to tolerate." These are the evils we should rage against (but /mostly/ gay marriage and abortion). Those are our targets, our money-changers to whip, our Pharisees to decry. These are the evils of Matt Walsh and modern American Evangelical Christianity wants us to target.

Because... they missed the last target, and they’ve spent two generations trying to crawl back to the moral high ground. They found a man who was, “among other things, uncompromising. He [was] intolerant of evil. He [was] disruptive. He [was] sometimes harsh. He [was] sometimes impolite. He [was] sometimes angry. He [was] always loving.”
>>
File: 1445400655290.gif (208KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1445400655290.gif
208KB, 500x476px
>>53367910

And he died in April, 1968, in Memphis. And as long as he was alive, and in many ways, to this day, they hated him. They hated what he preached because it meant that they were wrong and had been wrong their entire lives. It’s amazing that Matt Walsh writes on almost any topic but this one. The only time he writes about the man it’s to include him in a list of saintly world-changers, people who were movers and shakers, forgetting that he moved and shook/against people like Matt Walsh./ That’s bad scholarship, but I wouldn’t expect more.

Christ asked us to combat evil. Matt Walsh and his kind want us to therefore target the evil they select. The article is designed to lead you down that garden path, and the previous sentence just lead you right back out. The hypocrisy of citing Jesus and the moneychangers while happily supporting the Republican party and the megachurch establishment should be pretty obvious, but it gets better. Matt’s young enough to forget that his arguments aren’t new. Last time I read a piece like this it wasn’t about abortion or gay marriage. It was about a march on Washington. It was about feminism and civil rights.

So by all means, oh Evangelical, lecture us on heresies. Remind us to take up the sword. Remain blind to the Christians who have taken up the sword against you and your kind in every nation and in every state.
You lost the last round, and you’ll lose this one too.
>>
>>53367923
What?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.