[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worm Metropolis cyoa general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 47

File: 1495230823161.jpg (6MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1495230823161.jpg
6MB, 1600x8000px
Same rules as before, 15powerpointerinos only.
No abbaddon, no phylawhatever, Gestation and golden age and wortless thingy only.
https://pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3

>>53329076 lastthread
>>
File: 1495231008705.jpg (6MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1495231008705.jpg
6MB, 1600x8000px
>>53356256
>>
File: 1495231143421.jpg (7MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1495231143421.jpg
7MB, 1600x8000px
>>53356274
>>
File: 1495231444333.jpg (6MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1495231444333.jpg
6MB, 1600x8000px
>>53356288
>>
Bump. Friction anon from first thread.
>>
>>53356256
Pastebin with current roster here: https://pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3

Remember to include a few lines describing your character to give a general feel for what and who they are. Character themes could also help.
>>
>>53356256
Drawbacks? Who needs those?

>Geist

>Gestation

>Hero

>Male, Adult

>Janitor

>Bodysuit (Think black panther, but without the ears and the colours inverted)

>Tactics, Banter, Parkour

>Natural Trigger

>Second Trigger x2, Plot Convenience, Secret Lair, Secure Identity

>Cloak (Second Trigger), Razor Hands (Second Trigger)

>The Guild (Maybe the Protectorate. I dunno. I can't really decide.)

By day, Royce Kirkland is a good for nothing, layabout high school janitor who spends most of his time trying to dispense sage advice to depressed teenager and then usually getting called a creep. By night, Royce becomes Geist, the invisible scourge of the Metropolis underworld. He can cut his way into anywhere or through anyone completely unnoticed, although he reserves the right to dispense choice one liners at opportune moments.
>>
>>53356619
This is mine from last thread, feel I could synergy well with Medic healing me. >>53349972
>>
File: 20170521_115122.jpg (467KB, 826x975px) Image search: [Google]
20170521_115122.jpg
467KB, 826x975px
>Name: DeMarcus Williams
>Cape Name: Rover
-Gestation: 15C/15S
-Insert Male Rogue
-No Identity: 17C/15S
-Budget: 17C/15S

>Skills:
-Martial Arts 13C/15S
-Tactics 9C/15S
-Stealth 6C/15S
-Parkour 4C/15S
-Banter 3C/15S

>Shard:
Natural Trigger 6C/15S

>Perks:
-Power Slot 6C/14S
-Plot Convience 5C/14S
-Secret Lair 3C/14S

>Flaws:
-Worst Day Ever 3C/15S
-Humble Beginnings 10C/18S

>Gifts: Interludes

>Powers:
-Peak Condion 10C/17S
-Invulnerability 10C/7S
-Shock and Awe 10C/6S (Slash and Burn?)
-Vector Push 10C/4S

>Rogue
-Job: Bodyguard Duty
-Perks:
-Thriving Business 7C/4S
-Act of Neutrality 4C/4S
-Corporation 1C/4S

>A slacker through school and a slacker through adulthood, DeMarcus went with the flow with everything. Even when that flow got him fired from job after job and stopped all contact with his family and friends. Who knew being a mooch all of your life would make you unlikable? Oh well, he'll find a way. After being around a shady new crowd of "friends" called The Merchants, he started drug running for them for some easy money. When he realized he was delivering to minors, DeMarcus began to wrap his head on straight and stop doing business, keeping the drugs for later use.

Just before deciding to throw away or use his stolen goods, some Merchant goons got a hold of the slacker, beating him up good. Not use to physical alterations at all, he triggers. He gains the ability to control the friction across his body against all matter. He's slippery when he wants to be, or he can become a human 1000 degree knife. DeMarcus almost chose this name. On his way to get some vengeance on those two goons, he encountered even more Merchants on his doorstep to cause more damage, with a cape to help settle the score too. He ran away completely forgetting about his new powers, as they ransacked his place and found out everything about DeMarcus.

Now, he's training his skills and honing his powers by showing off his powers in streetfights. A slacker for hire.
>>
>>53357229
If anyone finds a problem with this sheet here, please let me know.
>>
>>53357244
I don't really understand how Vector Push works.
>>
File: Mech Art.jpg (178KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Mech Art.jpg
178KB, 1024x681px
Reposting build.

Steve Johnson
Once, I was a man, a small, fragile little thing, destined to die of disease, or age, or violence, or all the million other little things organics are vulnerable to. Now, I am a machine, free of the weakness of flesh. You too can be raised to such a state. For a price.

Scenario-Golden Age (10, 20)
I was one of the first tinkers to appear. At the time, as my vision swam with images of ways to replace my fragile shell of a body, I thought I had gone mad.

Path-Rogue
All those silly villains, trying to get rich through theft! Don't get me wrong, they make excellent customers, but couldn't they go into business or something?

Insert-Male Senior
I was quite old at the time when I first gained this gift. Had I not abandoned my shell, I would be dead by now.

Identity-CEO
Isn't money great? This company, PENTEX, is my little baby. Yeah, Congress keeps trying to regulate it out of existence, but that's what lobbyists are for, right? Besides, who can say no to immortality?

Skills
Strategy (5, 20)
I'd say I'm pretty decent at long term planning and such. Wouldn't have gotten this far if I wasn't.

Hacking (4, 20)
I mean, I am a computer. Although most of the time, putting in P@ssword is all it takes.

Tactics (0, 20)
Sometimes, some hot shot screaming about "corruption" or something will try to use his fancy new powers to disrupt my company. Can't have that, now can we?
Besides, sending out HiTmarks against Endbringers is good PR.

Natural Trigger (3, 20)
I remember my trigger event. I was at the hospital, and my doctor came in, claiming that I had pancreatic cancer. I've gotten a whole lot better though.

Identity Reveal (6, 20)
Didn't really care about the whole "secret identity" thing.

Blindspot (3, 16)
Someone once told me that all those fancy precogs couldn't see what my company was up to. Good for me, I guess?
>>
File: Omni.png (646KB, 620x750px) Image search: [Google]
Omni.png
646KB, 620x750px
>>53356256
Reposting my build that follows last threads rules.

Omni
Gestation +15b +15r
Conspirator

Insert
-female
-teenager
Highschool
Armor -5b

Investigation -2b
Banter -1b
Natural Trigger +3b

Follower x3 -9b
Cauldron vial -2b
Plot Convenience -1b
Blindspot -3b -4r
Humble Beginnings +5b +5r

Bodyswap Second trigger -10r
Exchage Second trigger -2r
Unlimited Shard Works Second Trigger -7r
Stand (Kingmaker)
-Sting
Paramount Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Cosmetic Shapeshift Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Peak Condition Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Immunity Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Protocols Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Regeneration Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Augmentaion Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Quality Insurance Second trigger(Bodyswap)
Razor Hand Second trigger(Bodyswap)

Follower 1
Cauldron vial -2b
Power Fluctuation Second trigger -5r
Kingmaker Second trigger -10r
Shroedinger Second trigger -5r

Follower 2
Power slot x6 -6r
Cauldron vial -2b
Paramount Second trigger -10r
Cosmetic Shapeshift Second trigger -1r
Peak Condition Second trigger -1r
Immunity Second trigger -1r
Protocols Second trigger -1r
jump Second trigger -1r (Exchanged with Regeneration.)
Pocket Room Second trigger -1r (Exchanged with Augmentation.)
Shock and Awe Second trigger -1r (Exchanged with Quality Insurance.)
Power Sight Second trigger -1r (Exchanged with Razor Hand.)

Follower 3
Power slot x1 -1r
Cauldron vial -2b
Regeneration Second trigger -10r (Exchanged with Jump.)
Augmentaion Second trigger -5r (Exchanged with Pocket Room.)
Quality Insurance Second trigger -3r (Exchanged with Shock and Awe.)
Razor Hand Second trigger -2r (Exchanged with Power Sight.)

We all take our Cauldron vials since we have no powers because of humble beginnings giving us free second triggers. Then I exchange Follower 2 and 3's powers to make Super Follower 2. Then I swap bodies Super Follower 2 and get all their powers. Then I get buffed by kingmaker.
>>
File: Xerxes.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Xerxes.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>53357341
Nemesis (6,16)
There's some eco terrorist bitch who hates civilization, and me in particular. Something something "unnatural abomination."

Rough Start (8,20)
Yes, I have tons of money, but the PRT is on me, trying to label me as a villain or something. How am I supposed to tell that a bald guy with weird tattoos is a gang member? And what do you mean I can't give money to politicians for favors? That's what everyone else is doing!

Powers:
Augmentation, Second Trigger (4, 8)
Definitely my favorite part about my power. I really wish I could give this to more people, but this stuff is complicated, and my R&D team has trouble converting it from tinkertech to normal tech.

Robotics (4, 1)
Now this is what the majority of my sales come from. Everything from small helper bots to battle mechs. Sure, they break down (although I've gotten a lot better at making them last), and yeah, Congress keeps trying to ban them (thank you NRA), but there's always the black market.
I keep the best for myself of course. Nice to have a physical body to myself, just in case some villain or vigilante or rival company want to get some undeserved discounts.

Path
Thriving Business (1,1)
Everyone knows who I am, and that I have the best equipment for sale. Unfortunately, all those other rogues are jealous of me, the PRT is pulling lawsuits out of their wherever in a blatant attempt at recruitment, and most of my employees have left in fear of being attacked by the eco bitch.

All in all, life is pretty good.
>>
>>53357261
>You can push objects and people in any direction that you want with the maximal speed they can move by themselves or that you can move them move.

If I can make contact with it, I can redirect it. And with my build, all matter won't be able to stay on me for long. Bullets can leave bruising but could never pierce so long I become slippery/harder.
>>
>>53357414
But a bullet isn't supposed to move by itself, is it? Does it still work then?
>>
>>53357261
>>53357491
Vector Push is Accelerator's power, but toned down so you can't survive Nuclear Bombs like he did (since he can alter the trajectory of literally anything, even radiation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jhTaFfG98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLU3Lw29biU
>>
>>53357491
If it's in motion or even in standstill, as long as I'm in contact with it it's freegame. So don't shoot, or ill shoot right back.
>>
>>53357261
>>53357552
I mean, I don't know if Vector Push works that well against bullets or other high speed objects. You have to process that something is coming towards you, activate your power right as the object makes contact to minimize self damage, then calculate the out going trajectory. That's a lot of thinking to reflect a single bullet, especially considering that bullets rarely come alone.

A lot of work to reflect simple bullets, and this isn't even accounting for the force transferred to you through the contact duration.This leads me to think that Vector Push is more meant for close combat and utility purposes and less for "super reflection".

This is all assuming that Vector Push isn't just active passively though. My analysis could be completely wrong though, you can ask Hastet when he comes back for more clarification as I believe he have the final say on the semantics of powers.
>>
>>53357759
No, you're right. If it does work passively, then it works out absurdly well. But I highly doubt thats the case. The only reason why I clarified it like that is due to me having both Vector Push AND Invulnerability on my character. When my Invulnerability eventually gives out, then I would have to rely on using all of my awareness to catch dangerous objects coming my way. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, am I the only invulnerable cape in this place? Seems kind of odd that it took this long to get in a real Tank to take in the damage around here.
>>
>>53357874
Even with invulnerability, I highly doubt you have the time to return thousands of bullets back to their senders. The only way I could think of someone doing it, would be using Master Script, but then you wouldn't be doing anything else besides returning bullets.

As for the invulnerability, I actually think it makes you a worse tank. Once people realize it, they will simply avoid you until the time is up, focusing on your allies instead. However, I guess Vector Push + Shock and Awe would make you at least able to thoroughly disrupt your enemies at least.

Though once again, Invulnerability might be broken if "infinite inertia" is actually what it grants you and invulnerability is just a side effect of that, but I'll assume it doesn't since then it would still mean things such as poison gas attacks would still do you in, making "Invulnerability" a pretty bad name for the skill.
>>
File: Dr._Wily.png (122KB, 252x394px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Wily.png
122KB, 252x394px
>>53356619
Dr.Wily runs a gang of Tinkers. I'll stat them up later, but all three followers have Tinker powers of some sort. They don't hide their secret base, instead it's a well known part of town. And insanely well fortified, due to their various Tinker abilities and Wily's own fortification specialization. Their actual gang is backed up by suped up Robots.

Wily tends to go full 'evil genius', with cackling laughing and ranting about his latest invention. It's just for shits and giggles though, and if anyone calls him out on it he uses the 'I'm old, I earned my right to be an asshole' excuse.
>>
>>53357874
Hum, invulnerability aside i dont think vector push protects you from lasers and/or blaster attacks being that vector push affects "objects and people'. Still, you'll be particularly safe from most stuff.
>>
>>53358127
I was trying to build a Friction Man with utility and power in mind. With Invulnerbility stopping all inertia coming towards me, those bullets would just stick, thus I wouldn't be able to immediately send them back in the first place. Instead, I would need to increase the velocity of those bullets across my body with Vector Push and then can fire again. But it's not like I can hit without Marksmanship.

As for those running away from me, is it possible to Vector Push myself across the ground to speed towards runners? I wanted to use my Friction motif to scale surfaces in a hurry but I didn't have enough points for Blitz.

>>53358242
I know my flaws here. Friction Man sucks against lasers, explosions, gas and such. I'm a physical bruiser through and through.
>>
>>53358191
Got a Starscream?
>>
>>53356256

>Cape Name: Enigma
>Scenario: Gestation
>Path: Conspirator
>No Identity
>Costume: Budget
>Shard Type: Warrior Entity
>Perks: Second Trigger x 1, Door Me, Infinite Credit, Boogeyman, Strategy, Banter, Hacking
>Drawbacks: None
>Powers: Body Swap (ST), Cloak,

Cauldron runs into plenty of problems with people reneging on their promises, like a tinker who refuses to give over a valuable piece of tech or a person who refuses to pay Cauldron. Enigma is a solution to those problems.

Valuable and important rogues, heroes, and villains have all been “stolen” by Engima so that Contessa’s plan go accordingly. In at least one case, Engima possessed a powerful villain who refused to fight an endbringer.

Few people can really say what Enigma’s personality is like because he impersonates his targets. In a few incidents where Enigma was uncovered, the witnesses describe both an individual with a morbid sense of humor and a consummate professional.

Rumor has it particularly uncooperative but useful capes are kept imprisoned somewhere so that Cauldron can use their powers via Engima.
>>
>>53356256
>Name: Purser
>Cape Name: Flicker
-Gestation: 15C/15S
-Insert Male Villien
-Homeschooled 13C/15S
-Bodysuit: 12C/15S

>Skills:
-Martial Arts 9C/15S
-Stealth 6C/15S
-

>Shard:
Natural Trigger 9C/15S

>Perks:
-Secret Lair 7C/14S
-Budding shard 7C/11S

>Flaws:
-Worst day ever 12C/14S
-Humble Beginnings 14C/15S

>Gifts:
-Interludes

>Powers:
-Blink 7/S
-Beacen 2/S
-Mirror image 0/S
>Villain

>Gang
Empire 88

-Perks:
-Mooks 8C/0S
-Money 5C/0S
>>
File: Space Soldiers 1.jpg (3MB, 2254x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Space Soldiers 1.jpg
3MB, 2254x1500px
>>53356256
Time for my first Follower
Name:Arsenal
Gestation- 0/15(Shard)-0/21(Character)
Villain
Male, Adult(20s), Teacher
Thematic Costume
>Skills:Marksmanship, Mechanics, Parkour
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Small Arms, Second Trigger-Armoured Warfare
>Flaws:Rough Start
>Powers:Small Arms Tinker, Armored Warfare, Infinite Ammo, Voice In My Head, Noctis Cape
>Other:Wily's Gang

>>53358385
Not yet, but I'm considering it.
>>
>>53358541
To say Arsenal has had a troubled life is being kind. All-together he's had a crappy life, even if he got his 'dream job' it was ruined by students who didn't want to learn, and who basically ignored him, and the rest of the staff didn't seem to care. Indeed it was this situation, and the constant wanting to do something more, that lead to his Trigger. Of course Dr.Wily was on the look out for more Tinkers to improve his organization, and offered Arsenal a chance to, if not make a difference, at least have a little fun along the way.
>>
>>53356256
Cape Name: Lite-Brite (Just call her Lite...)

Scenario: Worthless Opponent 20,10 (c,s)

Path:
Hero
The Wards

Perk: Companionship

Origin:
Insert
Female
Teenager: 15

Civilian Identity:
High Schooler

Costume:
Budget

Skills:
Strategy (15, 10)
Tactics(11,10)
Parkour(9,10)
Banter(8,10)
Investigation(6,10)
Stealth(3,10)

Shard:
Zion (6,10)

Flaws:
Unruly Passenger (6,14)
Humble Beginnings (11,15)
Worst Day Ever(17,15)
Rough Start(23,15)

Perks:
Second Trigger x2(15,9)

Powers:
Peak Condition(15,8)
Rocky ST(15,1)
Shock and Awe ST(15,0)

Left-Over Control Points
Skills:
Survival(12,0)
First Aid(9,0)

Fuck it. I have a lot of left-over points, but this character's life is going to be shit.

[cont.]
>>
>>53358714
Chase remembers her natural trigger. During one of the worst days she feels she'll ever have. Everything was taken from her. Nothing was given back. She is still going to school, courtesy of her foster family. But even they can be a bit distant. Chase herself is an odd case. Before she lost everything, she didn't have much to begin with. She was raised in some hellhole, hole-in-the-ground that most villains and vigilantes probably crawl out of. But not her. Not Chase. She doesn't seem to see the point in being a vigilante, and she lacks the drive to intentionally make people's lives miserable, so she joined The Wards. Her powers aren't all that great. She gets beaten up a lot, but the more she gets hurt fighting, the more she seems to be able to dish out. Her newfound powers are the only thing she is able to have much control over in her life. It shows.

To call Chase a Hero would be laughable. She became a Ward to fight. That's it. That's where the story ends. If she just so happens to be beating up villains, that makes things easier for her, but she will often go out of her way to challenge her comrades if she's able. And she is able. More able than one would probably be able to tell. Studying many forms of martial arts and all but worshipping Bruce Lee and his philosophies behind creating his own martial art, Jeet Kune Do, comprising of many different forms of martial arts done a little bit differently has inspired her to create her own style of martial arts. Its only as flashy as her fists tend to become while brawling, but its effective.

[cont.]
>>
>>53358749
A strange mix of boxing, MMA, judo, BJJ, and Jeet Kune Do most of all, along with her strangely cunning intellect and ability to change her tactics on the fly in the heat of battle, even on the brink of death, has made her a foe to be feared. Using her martial arts and, at this point, lethally powerful electrocution strikes; Chase seeks to create a better world for herself and sometimes for others. A world that God decided that she never deserved.

Villains, vigilantes, rouges...you name them. Even they have noticed Chase's apparent bloodlust. Her lust for battle, and even more, her need to prove her worth. They will use this weakness against her, but only to turn her to their side. What's keeping her from crossing that line, you may ask? I'll tell you:

Very, very little.

Something within her is noticing her instability. Through sheer willpower alone, she's been able to keep her shard from destroying her body. But its only barely working. After some of her most bloody battles, when it takes all that she has just to stand, she seems to almost spontaneously combust in a bright ball of electricity, before being found on the ground, zapped to shit. It hasn't killed her yet, but if she can't change her shard's mind about her. It soon will. So far she's been able to mend her wounds if she retains consciousness. Needless to say, she's going to need allies with medical knowledge if she doesn't. A lot of it.
>>
File: CyborgLady1.jpg (110KB, 680x1174px) Image search: [Google]
CyborgLady1.jpg
110KB, 680x1174px
>>53356256
Second Follower
Name:Cyborg
Gestation- 0/15(Shard)-4/18(Character)
Villain
Female, Teenager(16), Highschooler
Bodysuit Costume
>Skills: First Aid,Mechanics, Martial Arts, Tactics
Natural Trigger
>Perks: Noctis Cape
>Powers: Augmentation Tinker, Blink, Vector Push
>Other:Wily's Gang, Connections

Contrary to Arsenal, Cyborg lived a rather privileged life, with her rich and well connected parents, up until the car accident anyway. They had to amputate her arm in the surgery room. Whereas Arsenal and Wily are mostly in this for the fun, Cyborg is out to prove herself. Prove she's still great, prove that she won't be held back by what's happened. She pushes herself to be the best she can be, make better cybernetics, be a better fighter, blink faster, etc. But she's also got a grudge against the Heros, for spending so much time responding to villains, and not enough paying attention to anything else they COULD help with.
>>
>>53358823
Err, that four points left in Character was spent on Connections, I just forgot to update it.
>>
>>53358541
I would appreciate you changing Arsenal's name, as its very similar to Arsenal.Phoenix already and it may get confusing. But since hes a follower, it shouldn't be too bad if you don't.
>>
>>53359002
Sorry, didn't notice that name in the pastebin, and didn't check the thread.

How about Munitions?
>>
>>53359028
ilikeit
>>
>All these tech orientated villains

And then there was a legion of boom.
>>
File: Hacker.jpg (75KB, 564x398px) Image search: [Google]
Hacker.jpg
75KB, 564x398px
>>53356256
Third and Final Follower
Name:Voyeur(don't ask)
Gestation- 0/15(Shard)- 0/25(Character)
Villain
Male, Adult(late 20s), Journalist
Budget Costume
>Skills: Strategy, Mechanics, Investigation, Hacking, Banter
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Radar, Second Trigger-Repair, Second Trigger-Technopathy
>Flaws:Rough Start, Identity Reveal
>Powers:Radar Tinker, Repair Tinker, Technopathy
>Other:Wily's Gang

Voyeur is quite simply a Journalist turned Intelligence Agent. The man loves nothing more than finding out people's secrets, and hording information. He rarely goes out in the field himself, leaving that to the other three powered members of the gang. Instead he acts as HQ, keeping them all up to date on any useful information, as well as making sure no one tries to get into their base.

>>53359210
I wanted a Tinker Gang, sue me.
>>
Not sure what you mean by some of these house rules. Can we get an English translation?
>>
>>53359294
Not just you, just other genuine villains too, it's curious and quite attractive.
We shall have a micronation at this point to rival Cobra.
>>
File: Robo-scorpionConceptArt.png (307KB, 958x720px) Image search: [Google]
Robo-scorpionConceptArt.png
307KB, 958x720px
>>53359319
True, but they won't have access to my ROBO SCORPIONS! Because they don't have multiple Tinkers with different specializations working together!

I just wish I had gotten Second Trigger for Robots for Wily, so I could make the Robot Masters.
>>
>>53359373
You'll have to outsource yourself, find someone who can.
>>
N-nobody here needs a bodyguard?
>>
>>53359468
We don't allow outsiders into our Fortress of Fear, name is temporary until a better one is found, or I feel like changing it on a whim. So the only person you could bodyguard is my august self, and I have my ROBOT MINIONS to do so for me!

>>53359467
Outsourcing? My A.I? That's just crazy talk, they could program in the desire to kill me!
>>
>>53359519
Outsourcing for war machines, not the AI brains ya pop in em' doc
>>
>>53359568
You need Second Trigger-Robotics to be able to make A.I., Wily only has basic Robotics.
>>
>>53359210
Villain is easily the best origin for anyone who wants to powergame a little, since those extra points are vital when "get fucked by Jack Slash" only gives you two power points.
>>
>>53359468
I mean, I believe Magnum.Opus would require some "guarding" in the loosest sense when raiding the facilities of Steve Johnson.

But it would probably be one time arrangements ya know? Harder places would require help, and she would pay well for your services.
>>
>>53359592
well damn.
>>53359654
It's pretty based, i need to make.. something
>>
>>53359887
Hold up, that Steve Johnson? That's a pretty big job to need "guarding" from him.

How much are we talking? And no, you can't pay me in augs.
>>
File: Damien Bahn.jpg (27KB, 300x822px) Image search: [Google]
Damien Bahn.jpg
27KB, 300x822px
>>53356907
Looking at it again, I want to change one thing.

Cape Alias: PeaceKeeper
Name: Damien Bahn
>Golden Age 10,15
>Hero
>Male Adult, 19
>No Identity 12,15
>Custom 8,15
>Skills -10,15
Martial Arts, Stealth, Strategy, Tactics, Investigation
>Natural Trigger -7,15
>Worst Day Ever x3 -1,15
>Humble Beginnings 4,15
>Second Trigger 0,12
>Peak Condition 0,11
>Shock and Awe 0, 10
>Combo Second Trigger 0, 0
>The Protectorate
>Companionship

By putting shock and awe with combo I can build up power on a target while also disorienting them. Sounds like a good strategy to me.
>>
Got a couple of possible power combos I'm curious about. Let me know how you all think these would work.

1) Invincibility plus Damage Sharing. If I negate all damage, does that mean nobody else takes it, or do I just negate my share and give it to them?

2) Invincibility plus Rocky. Same deal - if I negate the pain, do I ignore the benefits?

3) Infinite Treasury plus Shroedinger. Would each "me" be subject to the one-ton limit until we collapse the waveform, or is it split between all ten actions I take?
>>
>>53358823
>>53357341
Hey Steve, you mind if Cyborg purchased her original robot-arms from your company? She's made her own since she triggered, obviously, but she would have needed an original replacement.
>>
>>53360004
Yes, his storage warehouse security is reaching the point where it is becoming unprofitable to raid it alone.

Hence where you come in to help disable, distract and destroy the heavier security during the raid. Payment will be based on how heavy the security is and will be either wired to you from a secure account or paid in cash after the deed is done, whichever you would prefer.
>>
Everyone is taking Gestation, so since I picked Golden Age I'll be an oldass man by then.
Sucks.
>>
>>53360184
I probably should have picked Golden Age for Wily, but I just wanted the basic 15/15 spread for all of my group.
>>
>>53360184
>Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points.
>>
>>53360225
I went golden since the time period would have WAY more traditional heroing to do. Plus, maybe the extra time will up my odds of survival.
>>
>>53360263
You know, I have a feeling that Dr.Wily is probably considered a "potential asset" by the Hero Groups. Because Fortification is absolutely amazing for helping people survive Endbringer attacks.

He's set up secret bunkers all over metropolis, and intends to advertise them if an Endbringer hits the city.
>>
>>53360113
For 1 & 2, it looks like they don't activate until you take damage so invincibility wouldn't synergize well. Regeneration on the other hand...
3. I would think each "you" would still pull from the same power pool and have a total limit of one ton. However, you could take 2nd trig Mirror Image for the same points to get several "yous" each with a copy of that power.

How about this combination: Counter + Komnenos. Use Komnenos to reverse and store any power that effects you, then release & Counter it into a different target later.
>>
>>53357348
>We all take our Cauldron vials since we have no powers because of humble beginnings giving us free second triggers. Then I exchange Follower 2 and 3's powers to make Super Follower 2. Then I swap bodies Super Follower 2 and get all their powers. Then I get buffed by kingmaker
My god
>>
>>53360363
That's actually an even better combo than I was thinking. I was thinking of combining Komnenos with either 1 or 2, so I could turn myself into a storage battery of annihilation or blast myself into superhuman might. I think I might try to see if I can make a build with 2 and regeneration, but it might be too expensive.
>>
>>53360150
Sounds easy. A hit and run is fine, I just need to know how long I'm hitting this place.

Oh! And cash. If we can't meet in person once the job is done, I'll give you a place to drop it off at.
>>
>>53357526
Why is the second video in English and 360p. Looks like shit and sounds like shit. Ruined the whole fight.

Kill yourself weeb., at least I finally learned where the Accelerator meme came from.
>>
>>53360150
>r wired to you from a secure account
Does our universe have a Number Man equivalent, to run bank accounts and the like, yet?
>>
>>53360390
Doesn't work. It specifically says you can't take the Cauldron vials you buy.
>>
>>53360510
Not to my knowledge
>>
I have yet to read Worm, so hopefully I didn't make a crappy build for the setting

"The Ghoul" or occasionally "The Hyena"

Gestation
Path - Vigilante
Origin - Insert, Male, Adult
Civilian Identity - Janitor (Sewer Worker)
Costume - Budget

Skills -
>First Aid
>Mechanics
>Stealth
>Hacking
>Investigation
>Parkour

Shard - Natural Trigger

Perks -
>Plot Convenience
>Secret Lair
>Voice in My Head
>Noctis Cape

Flaws -
>Rough Start
>Case 53 x2
>Worst Day Ever

Powers -
>Peak Condition
>Presence
>Survivalism
>Consumption

Path Specific -
>Anti-Villain
>Tool Belt
>Supply Line
>PRT Info

The man to eventually be known as "the Ghoul" was thrust into the world of parahumans when part of the building he worked in came crashing down around him due to a fight between some capes. He survived, battered and bruised, yet trapped in the ruins with the corpses of his co-workers his only company for several days. He was dragged from the wreckage a changed man; having undergone his trigger due to the brush with death, isolation with multiple dead bodies, and a desperate act of cannibalism. His luck would not improve soon either, as his old employer no longer had a position for him and let him go, forcing him to hastily gain a job maintaining the city's sewers. It was here he gained the will and the base to begin his own campaign against villainous parahumans and criminals in general.
>>
>>53360675
Spending more and more time underground, learning the layout of the various tunnel systems beneath the city, he gained his nicknames due to his appetite for for strange and exotic meats he gains through black-market contacts, the unnerving cackling he lets out while stalking a criminal, and the fact that he seems to be able to take serious wounds without being stopped. Initially garbed in relatively unassuming clothes; a leather jacket, jeans, some gloves, and a tool belt; the most distinctive feature of the Ghoul's costume is the motorcycle helmet with the chin protection removed to reveal his predatory set of teeth. Beneath these clothes the Ghoul's body has grown increasingly inhuman due to the constant use of his main power of Consumption.

His skin is tougher and thicker, covered in patches of scales at some points and has taken on a corpse-like pallor; while his body has grown taller and covered in lean, but dense musculature. His mouth no longer sports a set of human teeth, but one more befitting of a carnivore while his eyes and ears are reminiscent of a predator's. This altered appearance has forced the Ghoul to isolate himself in his civilian life, even at his new job; with only his uncomplaining and dedicated work ethic keeping him from losing it as well. Yet the unseen physical enhancements the Ghoul has wrought upon his body has made him a potentially dangerous foe for those without incredible power and through the use of both firearms and his fists (now more like claws), he his own vigilante justice to the guilty.
>>
>>53358343
>is it possible to Vector Push myself across the ground to speed towards runners?
Even if you can't, You can probably vector push the ground for the same effect
>>
>>53350515
That's what I get for rushing out a build before going to sleep. Dropping Secret Lair and picking up Hacking to balance things out.
>>
>>53360675
>I have yet to read Worm
no one has, it reads like fanfiction, read the wiki chapter resumes
>>
>>53360139
Sure, why not.
>>
>>53359210
Quality assurance + augmentation = indestructible augments. Quality assurance + robotics = indestructible mecha riding scientist

You can make more
>>
>>53356256
Name:To Be Determined(I have no idea what to name this guy)
Gestation- 0/15(Shard)- 0/20(Character)
Hero
Male, Teenager(15), Highschooler
Thematic Costume
>Skills: Parkour, Stealth, Tactics
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Omnicombustion, Second Trigger-Stark Winter
>Flaws:Rough Start
>Powers:Omnicombustion, Stark Winter, Immunity
>Wards, Fan Club

I don't think we have a Fire/Ice Shaker yet.
>>
>tfw I keep finishing a build, seconds before someone posts one that's almost exactly the same.

That's four times now. I'll get one eventually.
>>
>>53361010
Sorry anon. The idea just occurred to me. I may have been reading too much My Hero Academia lately.
>>
>>53361024
It's not your fault at all. Just means my ideas are too generic.
>>
File: coldsteel.jpg (577KB, 733x957px) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel.jpg
577KB, 733x957px
>>53356256
Alright let's do this thing
>Scenario
Golden age
I would have preferred an option for "things are starting to get really shitty and unconventional alliances are springing up because of this" but Golden age doesn't seem that bad
>Path
Villain
Cat and mouse approach
>Real name
Charlotte Coughlin
>Cape name
Ashkenazi
>Origin
Insert, female, adult (20)
>Identity
Office drone
>Costume
Holy fuck why is custom so expensive
Custom -4b
>Skills
Strategy -5b
Tactics -4b
Hacking -1b
>Shard
Natural trigger +3b
>Perks
Follower -3b, Second trigger -4b -3p
>Flaws
Identity reveal +4b, memory death +5b. With the build I'm going for I doubt that this'll matter much
>Gifts
Plot relevance. I may have no memory of what will happen in this world but regardless I'll be at least doing something
>Powers
Mountain (Second trigger), Perfect mind, Augmentation
>Gang
Empire 88
>Perks
Nothing. Mooks and money would be nice but aren't necessary. I'm sure with my puppetmaster style build I should be able to acquire those in due time

Ashkenazi is your average everyday office worker who is currently being employed by a large corporation who is famous for associating and hiring gang members of Empire 88. Not particularly caring for the goals of the Empire Ashkenazi only associates with them because
A. It's easy to steal money from their bank accounts
B. She can use this money to fuel her technological experiments
C. Her loyal companion, WunderWaffen, has been associated with the Empire since his birth and joining the gang simplified things.
Combat style involves standing still while ordering Wunderwaffen around on the battlefield, combining her strategic genius with his raw strength. Identity doesn't matter much since the business is already pretty famous for hiring nazis and if Ashke is caught out she can simply stand still and wait for the cape to leave in frustration
>>
>>53360930
I posted in the last page, but we can now be friends. And friends dont let friends burn people alive.

Rosemary "Pentacost" Smith:

Teenage (17) Female Hero:
Gestation: 15c/15s
-0C School
-1C Bodysuit
-3C First Aid
-2C Parkour
-2C Investigation
+3C Live shard
-8C -6S second trigger (X2)

Powers:
-3S Omnicombustion (ST)
-1S Powersight
-5S Power fluctuation (ST)

Path Specific:
Companionship / Wards

Bio:
Remember when Lung fought off Leviathan that one time? He also burned down half the city. Rosemary triggered in the basement of her father's church, scared out of her mind and praying the whole time. A lover, not a fighter, Rose is making a name for herself putting out fires with her power and providing support for more combat oriented heros. Near useless against common criminals she shines in Cape fights, acting as a force multiplier.

She dreads her first Endbringer fight knowing she'll be expected to stand beside the greatest of the greats and provide assistance, putting her 100 meters in harm's way. She keeps her ability to see identify other people's powers on the DL, fearing accidentally breaking the Unwritten Rules. She's embraced her abilities with fire, finding joy in shaping it to artistic ends.

Rosemary is still unsure of how to think of her powers in light of her faith, but has found a mentor in Escalation, an older Sikh cape specializing in genetic manipulation and swordfighting. She maintains a lively (though censored) letter-writing conversation with her father and has formed a deep friendship with her less outgoing teammate Sleet, a weather and ice manipulator.
>>
File: DSC_0287.jpg (548KB, 1281x1724px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0287.jpg
548KB, 1281x1724px
>>53361105
Forgot the pic.
>>
So how badly would the Wormverse be fucked up by someone who picked Golden Age and Resurrection?
>>
File: Right wing death squad.jpg (389KB, 1024x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Right wing death squad.jpg
389KB, 1024x1501px
>>53361090
Follower
>Scenario
Golden age
>Path
Villain
>Real name
Albert Speer
>Cape name
Wunderwaffe
>Origin
Insert, Male, Adult (26), PRT agent -4b
>Costume
Armor -5b
>Skills
Martial arts -4b, Marksmanship -5b, Parkour -2b
>Shard
Natural trigger +3b
>Perks
Plot convenience -1b
>Flaws
Memory death +5b, Rough start +3b
>Powers
Peak condition -1p, Infinite ammo -1p, Repair -2p, Proficiency -2p, Small arms -3p, Quality assurance -3p, Presence -2p, X-ray vision -1p
>Gang
Empire 88
>Perks
Nothing

WunderWaffe has lived his entire life under the care of The Empire. His family were members back when the gang was first founded and as such WW sees it as his duty to continue his ancestor's legacy and continue to serve. Since birth WW has been one of the elite forces that the Empire unleashes on the streets and is a skilled shot, master gun manufacturer, physically /fit/,and is highly aware of his surroundings because of this. A man of honor he has pledges his servitude to his mistress Charlotte Coughlin who managed to pull a few strings for him and not only saved him from the death penalty but also convinced her superiors to employ him in the same organization she works for. She has further enhanced his abilities with the various augmentations that she has upgraded his body with. Serving the day as a body guard being controlled by Charlotte, WunderWaffe then changes his night routine by serving as Ashkenazi's personal bodyguard
>>
>>53361105
My guy wasn't planning on burning the city down. In fact he uses his Ice-powers to help prevent damage caused by the flames.

He's be happy to help Pentacost as well if she asked.
>>
File: 1483821810865.jpg (244KB, 900x707px) Image search: [Google]
1483821810865.jpg
244KB, 900x707px
>>53361167

Save me from myself unnamed teenage hero.
>>
>>53361272
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickname

Just randomize until you find something you like
>>
>>53360930
How's Steam for a name everyone? Since he can just melt his ice and make hot steam.
Best I've got. I'm not terribly good at names. Especially thematic names.

>>53361272
He would. Because Steam? has a hero complex. He wants to help everyone he can.
>>
>>53361363
I'd say ColdFire but its edgy as shit
>>
>>53361421
Yeah, I was also trying to avoid Edgy names. The concept itself of Ice/Fire powers can come across as Edgy, and I wanted the dude to be the classical "I want to save everyone!" hero type.
>>
>>53361363
How does Freezerburn sound?
>>
>>53361468
Yeah, that sounds good. It fits, it's not too edgy, and it's almost a pun. I like it.
>>
>>53361468
Freezeburn, Chillblains, DryIce. Its aaall good
>>
>>53361468
I was gonna say South Wind since the south is hot as hell.
>>
>>53361598
*Southern Wind
>>
>>53361483
"Steam" would have also had some interesting innuendo.
>>
>>53361650
Innuendo names are always fun, but he's not the type to banter.
>>
>>53361571
>>53361598
>>53361483
Thanks for the (You)s. I agree that that sort of power is rather hard to not go full Coldsteel on. Regarding the pastebin, are we supposed to enter in our own OC or is OP supposed to do that? I can't find an explanation in the thread and I don't want an hour of work to be wasted
>>
>>53361677
OK, so What would Freezerburns personality be like? Why did he join the words?
>>
>>53361786
Yes. He's a very outgoing person, and very optimistic. He just wants to save as many people as he can, and is willing to get hurt to do so. Tends to see the best in people, even villains, and tries to help them if he thinks they need it. Though he will back off if asked.He joined the Wards because it seemed like the best way to help as many people as he could, even with all of the constraints, particularly PR constraints the Wards/Protectorate are under.

He dreams that one day Heros won't exist, because helping each other will be something everyone does. It won't be left to just a few extraordinary people to do so.
>>
>>53361679
I thought OP was supposed to do this but I may be mistaken. No sign of Hastet popping up. Is there a IRC?
>>
>>53361905
on rizon
#WMCYOA or #Metropolis_Streets
>>
>>53361965
at least that's what it was yesterday
>>
>>53361363
Haze or Miasma could work I guess
>>
>>53361965
What's a rizon.
>>
>>53362459
It seems to be a shitty chat forum website
>>
>>53362459
Its an IRC client that loads in your browser. Its old but good tech.
>>
>>53362485
I searched the hashtags and got nothing
>>
>>53362511
Got your back senpai. Here's what you do:
Got to https://www.rizon.net/chat,
Get a nickname,
in chanel, put #WMCYOA or #Metropolis_Streets
???
Profit!
>>
>>53362552
I'm pretty sure it's not up
>>
>>53362552
Profited.

Thanks.
>>
File: 1485616475518.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485616475518.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>53362608
Im pretty sure im in it right now.
>>
>>53362474
>this entire post
Fucking children dissing on the only way we had to communicate back in the golden age of the internet.
>>
>>53363335
Now that I'm actually using it it doesn't seem that bad. I apologize
>>
>>53363384
Good, I apologize as well. Would suck your dick to make amends.
>>
File: 1479768525640.gif (1MB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
1479768525640.gif
1MB, 400x406px
>>53363384
>>53363428

Ok, now Kiss
>>
>>53356256

Redline

>Gestation

>Villain

>Male, Teenager

>Budget

>Tactics, Banter, Parkour + Mechanics = Driving Skill

>Natural Trigger

>Second Trigger, Money, Blindspot, Secret Lair

>Psychic Nosebleed, Rough Start

>Blink, Armored Vehicles (Second Trigger)

>Undersiders

Sick ass supercars with machine guns and rockets still count as armored vehicles right? And "items you're carrying/people you're touching" totally includes cars you're driving right? Anyway, people need a getaway driver, I'm here to provide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
>>
>>53363650
>Redline

JimMac?
>>
>>53363650
This is now the single greatest character concept on this board. He just needs to be a hero.
>>
>>53363650
Only if you get into street races with people.
Like Munitions, and his tanks.

Build a Batmobile
>>
>>53363650
Sounds amazing, although I may have picked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNrjtYd_BsM instead
>>
>>53363650
This is pretty good
>>
>>53363650
I probably shouldn't even ask you but, Is Redline any good? The OST you posted is catchy, and I like cars and Initial D

Should I give Redline a go?
>>
>>53363779
I would say its pretty great, all hand drawn is a plus as well.
>>
>>53363709
>thinking heroes do underground races
Heroes are for nerds.
>>
>>53363709
I was thinking of making a hero, but I did the math and I couldn't take blindspot if I did. And I need blindspot, because otherwise he can't be entirely unexpected, which is absolutely essential to his shtick.

Plus, he'd really be doing the same thing as he is now. Maybe he'll grow up and change his ways, become a hero and have an actual character arc. As it is, he's a heister, Fast & Furious style.

>>53363722
He probably got his start beating the shit out of mundanes in Street Races before realizing he could do way more interesting and profitable things with his cars.

>>53363730
I considered it, because it's actually called REDLINE, but Yellow Line has more energy overall and I never liked the Machine Head refrain.

>>53363779
Yes, absolutely. It's not really got a lot of plot substance, but it's incredibly well made and fun as hell. It's what a popcorn movie should be.
>>
>>53363779
Its probably the single greatest anime movie ever. Or at least the one you can feel could about introducing to your friends.
>>
>>53363788
Thanks OP, brb downloading the film
>>
>>53363800
Fair enough, yellow line is pretty great as well. All the OSTs were pretty sweet.
>>
Since this seems to be a pretty slow thread overall, I'm gonna repost my character themes as all good character need themes.

>>53329939
Oceanus Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg

>>53334055
Magnum.Opus Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atIWk8Nmerk

>>53341148
Arsenal.Phoenix Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmxdtDnn6j8
>>
>The information online and in the papers had told me this: Lung could gradually transform. Maybe it was based on adrenaline, his emotional state, or something, but whatever it was, it made his powers more potent the longer he was in a fight. He healed at a superhuman rate, got stronger, got tougher, got bigger, and he grew armor plating complete with blades at each fingertip.
So how do I become this dude on this chart again? I don't see any powers that replicate canon heroes from the literal setting
>>
>>53363954
Only a couple of them are based on canon characters, and some of those are only one part of their power. Like Flight, or Personal Shield.
>>
>>53363954
Vampirism ST with animorph?
>>
>>53363954
You're suppose to create your own character, not copy one anon!

Path to Victory is available sure, but there's still more to that character, so be creative
>>
>>53363902
We're supposed to have themes?

>>53357229
Rover's Theme
https://youtu.be/vQT0LVY15vU
>>
>>53364060
I mean themes make the character complete
>>
>>53363954
I just decided to contiunue reading and his description didn't even stop there
>Rumor had it that he even grew wings if he fought long enough. If that wasn’t enough, he was a pyrokinetic, which meant he could create flame out of thin air, shape it, intensify it, and so on. That power apparently got stronger as he transformed, too.
Why can't we be like him? OP told us we were meant to be like the canon characters which weren't any stronger than a regular x-men (think: like Beast)

OP lied.
>>
>>53364096
Because Lung was never meant to be JUST street level. Just play by the rules.
>>
File: 46200914_p0.jpg (4MB, 3400x4079px) Image search: [Google]
46200914_p0.jpg
4MB, 3400x4079px
Fixed my build to account for the fact that everyone, their grandma, their dog, and their horse is a Blindspot.
Ryley English / Admin
Scenario: Golden Age (10/20) >Don't want to take a lot of drawbacks for my power.
Entry: Insert
>Rules are rules
Teenager
>Because I'm changing the minimum.
Civilian Identity: High Schooler
>Kind of the normal thing for people my age, right?
Path: Hero
>I like doing the right thing.
Costume: Budget (10/20)
>Cauldron Vials aren't cheap, alright?
Skills
-Strategy (5/20)
-Tactics (1/20)
>My parents really wanted me to know how to get ahead in life. I guess that's why they got me the vial.
Shard: Dead Shard (1/23)
>My life has been pretty uneventful up to now.
Perks
-Blindspot (1/23)
>Well now I see why everybody else took it. Leftover Power points.
Flaws
-Slaughterhouse 9 (5/23)
>No clue, desu.
Powers
-Khepri (5/1)
Path Specific
-Door Me (3/3)
>Applies exclusively to the tiny portals necessary for me to be a good asset.
Spare points.
-Noctis Cape (3/2)
-Cauldron Vial (1/2)
-Hacker (0/2)
Sorry for any incovience, it's just that Load and Reload wouldn't work in the presence of most of the Parahuman Population of Metropolis, and upon thinking about it it really isn't a good power for multiplayer.
>>
>>53364216
>Fixed my build to account for the fact that everyone, their grandma, their dog, and their horse is a Blindspot.
Top kek, every character concept I have done for fun have Blindspot. Why wouldn't anyone take it? The benefits are too good.
>>
>>53364262
Yeah, but it still made my character concept somewhat unworkable, so I ended up switching to something else.
>>
>>53360548
It says it can't be used by someone that has already triggered and humble beginnings means you haven't triggered yet. and if you're anal about the can only be given to other people part then they could just give each other their vials.
>>
>>53364262
I dunno, it has to fit with the character I think. It's really strong, but it makes me feel weird to give it to everyone. I prefer to take plot convenience. It does almost the same thing, but doesn't add on a layer of almost snowflake-esque specialness.
>>
>>53364321
Didn't OP say all the organizations exist but not the characters in there. What exactly does Plot do?
>>
>>53364348
I think it mean, "Don't worry, you will not end up being instant murdered by a top end character for suddenly existing and butterflying everything"
>>
>>53364370
Read my mind all you want. I'll stay relevant for as long as I can. Thanks Plot Convience.
>>
>>53364348
I see it as protection from a "Rocks fall" situation
>>
repostan

Wrathchild

Gestation
Hero
The Procterate
Fan Club
Dead Shard
Nemesis x3
Rough Start x3
Case 53 x2
Rough Start x3
Memory Loss
Physic Nosebleed
Slaughterhouse 9
Endbringer Target
Humble Upbringing
Plot Relevance

Armor
Tactics
Strategy
Martial Arts
Investigation
First Aid
Survival
Parkour
Banter
Hacking
Mechanics
Stealth
Marksmanship

Blindspot
Noctis Cape
Stand
Broken Limiter
Elemental

Stand Powers :
Quality Assurance
Shock and Awe
Revenant Blade
Omni-Combustion
Pocket Room

https://pastebin.com/vMW5SJM7

Also, why is Wrathchild a 'clone factory' in the roster pastebin ? Is that talking about his stand's weapon ability ?
>>
>>53364762
Whoops, this is my old build. No Broken Limiter.
Replaced that with Counter.
>>
>>53364762
>Also, why is Wrathchild a 'clone factory' in the roster pastebin ?

I found that confusing as well when looking through characters and their descriptions.
>>
>>53364841
Yeah, I pegged Wrathy boy as a front-liner with his environment control and offensive abilities. The possessed part is right, though
>>
>>53358191
>>53358541
>>53358823
>>53359294
As a note, this Tinker Gang is officially named "The Think Tank"
>>
File: photo.png (16KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
16KB, 432x432px
>>53365572
Not the geek squad?
>>
File: delphi.jpg (55KB, 736x618px) Image search: [Google]
delphi.jpg
55KB, 736x618px
>>53356256
Reposting build with slight modifications and background not written at 2 AM.

Delphi (real name Samantha Black)

Gestation (15, 15)
Rogue
Insert, Female, Teenager
Homeschooled (free)
Budget costume (15, 15)
>Dark clothes and a mask I bought off the internet. If I ever actually need to wear a costume something has gone horribly wrong.

Skills:
Mechanics (13, 15)
Hacking (12, 15)
Investigation (10, 15)
Banter (9, 15)

Natural Trigger (12, 15)

Perks:
Second Trigger x2 (4, 9)
Plot Convenience (3, 9)
Secret Lair (1, 9)
Noctis Cape (1, 8)
>Not needing to sleep comes in pretty handy in my line of work.

Flaws:
Worst Day Ever (3, 9)
>There's a reason I don't go to school anymore.

Powers:
Technopathy second trigger (3, 7)
Radar (3, 5)
Perfect Mind second trigger (3, 0)

Job: Product Sales (information)
>You want to know something? I can find it for you. My services don't come cheap, though.

Perks:
Thriving Business (0, 0)
>When you're the best there is in your field, word gets around.
>>
>>53365638
Maybe if we were a Hero Group who fixed stuff, but we aren't We're a group of Villains!
>>
>>53365655
Delphi Research LLC is a shadowy "consultation firm" with a well-earned reputation as the people you go to when you want to know something, whether it's cape-related or mundane. Worried your lover might be cheating on you? Delphi can provide the last nine months of their emails, text messages, and phone logs. Aspiring corporate climber in need of dirt on your rivals further up the ladder? Delphi can exhume all the skeletons in their closet for you. Vigilante looking for deep background on a local villain? Delphi has multiple packages available, ranging from simple home base location and basic threat assessments to a full dossier on every known cape connection they have and their full history going back to their trigger event.

All this and more (including industry-leading customer support and client satisfaction) makes Delphi Research the number one source for all your information-gathering needs. For a free consultation visit our website, where you can submit your initial request and chat with one of our highly-trained sales librarians. Your sales librarian will walk through every step of your request, making sure you get everything you want and explaining every cost before charging you a penny. Once your order is complete, simply submit payment and wait for your data to arrive. All of Delphi Research's work is guaranteed accurate and up to date - if there are errors we will work to rectify them at no additional cost to you.

Delphi: When You Need To Know
>>
>>53365669
Beneath the facade, Delphi Research is actually just one 15 year old girl with aggravated social anxiety disorder, parents who are out of the house 18 hours a day, and super powers that let her replicate the work of scores of hackers and researchers by herself. After triggering, Samantha found herself supremely uninterested in life as either a hero or villain, yet she felt her powers crying out to be used. While recuperating from her incident she read every book on computer programming and hacking she could find, then generated several false legal personas and used them to found Delphi Research LLC. Her first few jobs netted her enough money to rent out a basement apartment on her block and fill it with computers (which she's capable of operating from anywhere in her house, thanks to her powers) and a small workshop for crafting custom recon devices.

Samantha considers all of Metropolis to be her backyard and has meticulously arranged for nearly every public place within it to be covered by some form of observation device. She keeps careful tabs on all the noteworthy capes in the city - she hasn't had a need to use any of this information thus far, but figures a little paranoia is healthy for someone in her position.
>>
So I don't know the first thing about worm, but I do like superheros. And it seems like you all are doing your own thing. It's probably fine If I'm a little clueless, yeah?

The concept I'm wanting to go for is go for second-triggered telekinesis, which would basically be my only power because that eats up most of my points immediately. But I'd be able to move around up to 100 tons with my brain and also those things can be living. So that seems useful in a lot of situations. That's not too powerful, is it? Especially if I balance it out with psychic nosebleeds?
>>
>>53364216
Forget to mention the changes in backstory. Now instead of her best friend killing herself close enough for the blood to get in her mouth, her stage parents bought her a Cauldron Vial so she could be the one thing that will be in the center of the public eye in the foreseeable future: A Cape. She is now a plant in the Wards, and vents her stress about all this on any serious criminals that she happens to come across. I'm also going to say that she limits herself to controlling one person at a time for both in character (Jobbing) and Out of Character (Better for Roleplay) reasons
Would it be reasonable to say that Door Me and Cauldron Vial could be combined to represent a person with Similar powers to Doormaker/Clairvoyant, but limited to microscopic portals in order to avoid inconvenience for other people with Doormaker and other issues that would come with my power all but requiring use of said abilities? I guess I could just take Unlimited Shard Works, give it to a criminal, control them, have them look at those two, and then put them in a coma, but that feels weird.
>>
File: 58033189_p2_master1200.jpg (496KB, 645x1079px) Image search: [Google]
58033189_p2_master1200.jpg
496KB, 645x1079px
>>53365926
Forgot to attach the image. Costume is probably pic related but with a Helmet, since attacking Thinkers and Masters first is common sense, so having armour is a good idea. The sword is probably a lighter one though.
>>
>>53365885
You don't need to balance yourself out, the 15 point limitation does that job fine, I think. Telekinesis is strong for sure, but so does almost every other second trigger 10 point power. So if you can afford to skip the nosebleed you should, unless you want your character to have a nosebleed. You can still be mental controlled, attacked by a stealth character, sniped, etc. So you are not almighty.
>>
>>53365885
Worm has a very wide range of power levels. At the very top you have a guy who can fly at subsonic speeds and shoot homing lasers, a woman who can fly and is physically invulnerable, and a dude who can eventually become Godzilla if he fights for long enough. At the bottom end... well, the main character controls bugs and eventually becomes one of the most effective villains on the East Coast before her face turn and manages to make that work via a combination of thinking on her feet and making very good friends.

So on that scale, your telekinetic is not OMGWTFHAX broken, and as >>53366098 noted you still have some very definite weaknesses. The fun part of the Worm setting is finding inventive ways to use banal-seeming powers, but there's nothing wrong with having a catch-all like telekinesis.
>>
Could you use Counter or Adaptation to get Teacher's ability to give thinker/master/tinker powers without becoming his slave?
>>
>>53366245
Not by themselves, no - as written, Counter and Adaptation are purely defensive, i.e. they only protect you from other powers. They're also debatabley unable to protect you from Teacher's powers - Counter says you have to notice the power being used on you (unless you Second Trigger it) and Adaptation states that it's ineffective against "purely cognitive" powers, which Teacher's power probably is.

This is mostly moot, because a) the only ways in the CYOA to get in-canon powers are Power Hub and Unlimited Shard Works and USW wouldn't work on Teacher's power (because it has no physical effect to observe) and b) the previous version of the OP states that the canon Worm characters do not exist in Metropolis.
>>
>>53366501
I forgot Copycat. That would also work, but with no Teacher around to copy it's irrelevant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>53366501
There is also Body Swap if you take the second trigger for it, though in relation to anon's question it's moot and it would be far better used on someone like Glastig or Contessa.
>>
>>53366501
Second Trigger Masquerade actually does the trick for ephemeral powers. Does have the issue of giving you his face though.
>>
>>53366598
>>53366624
And yeah, let's just throw in Suzerain, Enthrallment, and Khepri for other fun ways to get other people's powers. (Though I guess at that point it's not technically you using their powers? Depends on how you look at it.)
>>
>>53363954

Vampirism ST and Rocky can reach some of that power level, any damage you take will make you stronger thanks to Rocky, and vampirism will both allow you to heal and get even stronger and faster.

If you are a cauldron cape you could take Stone Skin ST as a additional power, now can tank bullets from the get go while slowly growing stronger and faster.

If you team up with another player who has kingmaker, you can pick omnicombustion and flight to complete the mini-Lung package.
>>
>>53366245

I think only 2nd trigger Protocol can stop all master effects, so if you set up a protocol before getting a power from teacher, the protocol will trigger and set you free once teacher tries to control you.

Of course since teacher is not part of this setting, that point is moot.
>>
>>53366245
IIRC, the OP in the last thread stipulated no Trump powers.
>>
>>53367568
There is a link to the last thread, it doesn't say that. Why are you so bad at lying?
>>
>>53367792
Hold on, you're absolutely right. It doesn't. I feel like I'm having a stroke. I distinctly remember it saying that.

Well, I guess I'm wrong. Carry on then.
>>
>>53367811
Wait, you made a legitimate mistake and weren't trying to troll?
Shit, my mistake man. Sorry for being an ass.
>>
>>53367825
It's fine, I would have assumed the same thing if someone was claiming something which is patently false. Though now I'm questioning why I thought it in the first place. Guess it doesn't really matter though.
>>
Why are you EVIL? Why are you a VIGILANTE?
WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!
>>
>>53365572
NEEEEEERDS
>>
>>53367903
Because robbing banks with my ROBOT GORILLAS is fun.
>>
>>53367903
It just sort of happened. Had a hard life, got into doing bad stuff for fun and because it paid the bills. Triggered, and I guess I just sort of fell into doing super powered stuff. Frankly, it's more interesting than doing good stuff. At least for the time being. Plus, no one is going to pardon me for the stuff I've already done just because I start waving a white flag and when it really comes to the real crunch the villains vs hero playtime falls to the wayside.
>>
Would you say the Proficiency power makes you pretty noticeably skilled, or just like competent with whatever your holding? Trying to hammer out what I want my character to be.

>>53367882
Talking to Masters: not even once.
>>
>>53367985
I think noticeably skilled because you don't have to worry about thinking about what you're doing or recalling what you're doing. It's like you're on partial autopilot, which even real professionals don't really get to do.

That's my perspective though, and probably not even right.
>>
>>53364216
Yeah why HAS everyone been getting blindspot?
>>
>>53368112
Because this the oceanic cyberpunk city of blindspots
>>
>>53367903
Stress and Hormones combined with the power to completely control someone with few consequences as long as it doesn't result in severe injury means that puppeteering people to do somewhat painful or humiliating isn't really something I don't want to do, particularly if they're in a gang.
Was trying to think of a reason for the S9 Interest, and ended up with "Assuming that a tendency to be somewhat elaborately dickish to enemies that she considers to be acceptable targets as petty stress relief from overbearing parents and the terrible state of the world as sadistic murderous tendencies"
>>53368112
Honestly don't know, since as far as I know neither Contessa or the Simurgh actually exist in this timeline.
>>
>>53368112
No idea, neither of my characters, nor Wily's three minions, have it.
>>
>>53368112
Because Fuck precogs.
>>
File: Accepting you're Death.png (291KB, 691x576px) Image search: [Google]
Accepting you're Death.png
291KB, 691x576px
>not enough points to make the Sentry
What should I pick if I wanted Harley Quinn?
>>
>>53368390
>Wanting Clown Pussy
>>
>>53367903

For my character is not so much being evil, he is just being pragmatic, he did think about going the hero route when he got his powers, but the rewards are laughable and every more you make is policed by the entire PRT, you cant have payback and break the legs of someone who fucked you over, thats a big no-no for a hero.

Being a hero also means that you risk dying or getting maimed for life every day, and your reward is a miserable paycheck and a pat on the head? No thank you.

Being part of a gang means having much more freedom while earning much more, money, women, drugs, money, respect and money are much easier to get for a villain, he likes the finer things in life and is willing to take what he wants by force, and its not like he is killing people every day like the real monsters, a little robbery now and then is all harmless fun.

Insecurity also plays a big role for him going the villain route, he desperately wants to bury his weak pre-trigger self by cultivating a image of a tough dude.
>>
>>53368390
Technically it would be stronger than her, but Martial arts, Parkour, Banter, and maybe tactics and first aid, then for the powers pocket room(she has a history of pulling way too big of objects out of nowhere), and Perfect Mind with it's trump. Mind you it would be appropriate to have a friend with the Genetics tinker ability to give her some sort of immunity to toxins, though I guess the breaker power works too but that's way more than she has. Might go for Peak condition, though she isn't that strong, just a skilled gymnast.
>>
>>53368543
>a friend with the Genetics tinker ability to give her some sort of immunity to toxins
So basically the Joker.
>>
>>53368548
Actually Poison Ivy in this case, as that's who gave her an immunity to poison, and who would best fit that Tinker ability. Joker I would give Macgyver with the second trigger, and perfect mind with second trigger, then either fake death, or respawn, though respawn brings up the point cost a bit much it is more thematic for him than fake death.
>>
File: Vampire 6.jpg (262KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire 6.jpg
262KB, 1000x731px
>>53356256
Let's make a Slaughterhouse Member, for fun.
Name:Huntsman
Worthless Opponent- 0/22(Shard)-4/37(Character)
Villain
Male, Adult(Early 30s), No Identity
Custom Costume
>Skills:Marital Arts, Tactics, Stealth, Parkour, Banter, Survival, First Aid
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Combo, Blindspot, Voice In My Head, Noctis Cape, Follower, Plot Convenience
>Flaws:Slaughterhouse 9, Case 53
>Powers:Vampirism, Combo
>Other:Slaughterhouse, Kill Order

Huntsman has been around for a while. A 'Cape Serial Killer', both in that he is a cape, and that he hunts down and kills capes. His past is not well known, and he doesn't particularly care for sharing it. But he ended up killing a cape in self defense some years back, the shock of killing someone, combined with the fact he enjoyed the feeling of taking someone's life, was what caused him to Trigger.

After all, if all of the 'canon' groups are empty, we're gonna need to fill in our own Slaughterhouse. Huntsman has at least one actually loyal follower in the Slaughterhouse with him.

No appropriate image for him, so have this Vampire instead.
>>
>>53357341
I read this in JK Simmon's voice everytime.
>>
Stand seems a little overpowered. If I'm understanding it correctly, it's essentially 3 free points, can let you bypass the slot limit, and if you use a second trigger on it, and using a second trigger on it is essentially 2-4 for the price of 1. The only reason not to take a stand is if you hate Jojo.
>>
>>53369193
Yeah, certain powers become notably more powerful with the limit on points. But I've built the characters I've built without Stand, just because I wanna play with specific themes.
>>
>>53361090
Mind if I make another 88 member tomorrow? I've got an idea for it.
>>
>>53369233
How many capes are people supposed to make anyway? OP mentioned turning it into an actual game last night or something.

I got a whole bunch of bad ideas.
>>
>>53369292
Dunno. I've already made three actual characters, and three followers for one of those characters.

Only one Hero, but then Worm is supposed to be a setting where Villains outnumber Heros like 2-to-1 at minimum.
>>
File: stirner.jpg (47KB, 523x452px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
47KB, 523x452px
>>53356288
>Second Trigger Death Perception
>>
File: JoshuaGraham.jpg (181KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
JoshuaGraham.jpg
181KB, 750x577px
Revenant
Gestation
Vigilante
Male, Adult, No Identity (17/15)
Budget
Skills: Martial Arts, Marksmanship, Tactics, Stealth, Investigation, Parkour. (-1/15)
Natural Trigger (2/17)
Perks: Noctis Cape, Voice In My Head. (2/12)
Flaws: Worst Day Ever 2x (6/14)
Powers: Vampirism, Surgery, Survivalism.
Anti Villain (9/0)
Blade, Bombs, Toolbelt, PRT Info. (0/0)

He triggered when gang members had him on his knees and forced him to watch as they abused his family. He wanted to take their pain. He wanted to inflict the same pain on the men who were doing this to him and his family. So he did, and he didn't stop, knowing that the city was crawling with the same scum, preying on people like him and his family. He tirelessly stalks the streets, shouldering the pain of as many victims as he can before he inflicts them on those he believes deserve it. His wife divorced him, and took their children with her. He mostly leaves them alone, believing the distance keeps them safe, as much as it pains him to do so.
>>
>>53356288
Haven't looked at the others, but options for tinkers are kind of gay.
>>
>>53369751
They do seem to be set up in a bit narrow corridors, but I just assume tinkers in general are pretty versatile like they seem to be in the serial, with the categories just being their specialization.
>>
>>53368152
Should we be worried?!
>>
>>53369751
Tinkers is best for neutral mercantile chars.
>>
>>53369292
As many as you can afford, friend!
>>
File: 658144.jpg (232KB, 945x1181px) Image search: [Google]
658144.jpg
232KB, 945x1181px
Reposting from last thread because I missed the whole thing.

Inferno
Gestation (15/15)
Villain
Insert, Female, Teenager, No Identity (17/15)
Costume: Budget, because there is none, sometimes random clothes, but it rarely lasts before it burns.
Skills: Strategy, Tactics, Stealth (5/15)

Shards
Dead Shard for that real Case 53 feel, or Natural Trigger in case Cauldron cases don't get second triggers, not really sure what to do with the points anyway. (5/18)

Perks: Power Slot 2x, Second Trigger, Plot Convenience, Voice on my head, Notice Cape (0/10)
Flaws: Case 53 2x, Numbed Emotions, Worst Day Ever 3x, Blind Spot (6/19)

Powers: Flight (6/16), Omni Combustion ST (6/13), Vampirism (6/11), Elemental (6/9), Shock and Awe (6/7)
(3+3+3+2+3+1=15)

Dumped onto Earth Bet by Cauldron, seemingly birthed from a blazing inferno to any witnesses, her initial confusion and horror coupled with her poor grasp of her new powers caused her to start multiple uncontrollable fires that took days to put out, causing a small fortune in damages, and left a number of wounded or worse. Since been drifting around comitting seemingly random acts of arson whenever not somehow temporarily recruited by other villains as heavy hitter, sometimes only to burn any stolen goods out of either carelessness or by accident. Risks losing herself in the act of simply burning things as it makes her feel at ease, threatening to simply become the fire. Tries to avoid bringing unnecessary harm to people, but as she drifts deeper into the fire, she becomes less aware of what is and is not supposed to burn. Also doesn't help/hurt that burning things goes a great deal to release some of all that pent up anger. Enjoys even the lamest firepuns, she HATES firepuns on her expense.
>>
>>53369783
Well it's not just that. If I want to build laser guns, I have to take Small Arms AND Second Trigger? Why? If I want to make flight packs or sonic weapons or armor and such, I have to take Wavelength, which is 25 points? When somebody else could take Flight, Sound Control (plus Second Trigger), and Invulnerability for a total of 18 shard points and not have to jump through any of the hoops I would have to as a Wavelength tinker to make things that give me breakable, strings attached devices that would let me mimic that AND I have to pay more? Looking at the other options, it really seems like things weren't well thought out.

Tinker fans really got the shaft here.
>>
>>53369949
Its true, and the shitty end of the stick worsens when you seem to gave to second trigger nearly everything to make anything slightly ahead of its time.
I mean, why should have to pay to make not-modernish stuff?!
>>
Might one be able to boomerang a human being..?
>>
>>53367903
villains aren't evil, its a matter of perspective
>>
>>53369193
Fuck jojo
>>
>>53356256
Hero Name: Unbreakable
Scenario: Gestation
Path: Vigilante
Origin: Drop-In (18/18)
Civilian Identity: No Identity (20/18)
Costume: Budget (20/18)

>>53356274
Martial Arts (16/18)
Marksmanship (11/18)
Tactics (7/18)
Stealth (4/18)
Mechanics (2/18)
Investigation (0/18)
Parkour (-2/18)
Banter (-3/18)

Shard: Natural Trigger (0/18)
Perks: Secret Lair (-2/18)
Noctis Cape (-2/17)

Flaws: Worst Day Ever x 2 (2/19)

Powers: Peak Condition (2/18)
Immunity (2/17)
Cosmetic Shapeshift (2/16)
Mountain (2/14)
Counter (2/9)
Komnenos (2/-1)

>>53356305
Wanted: Villains (5/0)
Tinkertech (1/0)
Toolbelt (0/0)

I blame Cauldron for all of this. Long story short, I went to bed one day safe at home, and woke up in the Wormverse in the middle of a villain's safehouse, with a brain full of skills, the body of a Greek God, and a bunch of blasters up my nose. Fortunately, that's about when I learned that I'm totally fucking invincible. Anything that happens to me just get stored away, where I either send it away forever or send it back out. I feel a little bad about how I learned that one, but fair is fair - if he didn't want to get vaporized he shouldn't shoot death rays at people.

I can do a little bit more than that, but I like to keep that a little secret of mine.

Anyway, after that, I did what anyone in my circumstances would do - I became Batman. I didn't join the Protectorate or anything, though. We don't see eye to eye. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some psycho killer, but I always thought the unwritten rules crap was just that. Murderers don't get to go home and take off their masks and pretend to be upstanding citizens while I shake my fist and say "next time!" They get their Miranda as I hand over a stack of evidence to local law enforcement. Or maybe I just fight them as hard as they're fighting me - like I said, fair is fair.
>>
>>53367903
Because being a hero would involve using my powers far more often. Villainy lets me carefully hoard my favorite charges while not feeling too bad if I don't use my very best stuff and it goes wrong. I'm one of the first to go for a truce with the heroes in times of crisis, but doing it anywhere near full time would be a huge drain on my resources.
>>
I would ask for connections with other Rogues but it seems they have their own safeties secured. What businesses are worth being a bodyguard for if you're a cape? What types of businesses are even in this Metropolis?
>>
>>53367903
>Falling for the protectorate meme
I choose freedom.
>>
>>53367903
Cauldron made sure heroes would be silly and ineffective. After all, the real fight is with the Endbringers and Zion - everything else is just a way to get more people with superpowers active and keep them active until the final fight.

Which is fine if you literally only care about human survival. But if you care at all about human quality of life, then you can't just dance to Cauldron's tune.
>>
File: Contessa_And_Number_Man.jpg (355KB, 1761x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Contessa_And_Number_Man.jpg
355KB, 1761x2500px
>>53367903
Cauldron isn't evil, Contessa did nothing wrong.
>>
>>53372024
The only thing she did wrong was not marrying Number Man.
>>
>>53372024
She gave her best formula to someone with a massive inferiority complex. Everything that went wrong in Worm could have been avoided if Eidolon had been someone who wasn't a depressed little bitch.
>>
>>53372443
It provided a way to keep heros and villians from killing each other. Contessa's goal was to build an army and you cant have an army that doesnt want to fight together.
>>
>>53372771
No, the Endbringers fucked everything up. They killed a quarter of the Parahumans fighting them on a good day, and destroyed anyone trying to come up with an alternate solution besides "fight each other until you all die." They were explicitly why they had to trigger Golden Morning early before the world got too destabilized. No Endbringers meant close to a decade more time, plus they wouldn't have lost some incredible assets like Sphere and Richter. Possibly Hero and Manton as well, although I can't remember if that was also a Ziz plot or just him fucking up and accidentally his daughter.
>>
>>53369787
Dunno, should you?

>>53372024
Contessa relied too much on her power and basically became nothing but a walking vessel for her power.
>>
File: pencil.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pencil.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>53356256

> never read Worm
> no idea what the fuck is going on
> there's only one character worth playing

Name: Pencil
Scenario: Worthless Opponent
Path: Conspirator
Identity: Office Drone
Costume: Budget
Skills: First Aid, Mechanics, Hacking
Shard Type: Dead Shard/Eden
Perks: Second Trigger (1x), Plot Convenience, Cauldron Vial (3x)
Powers: Replication (+ Second Trigger)

> I have two extra character points

"Custom" Skill: Bureaucracy (2 Character Points)

> more skill in handling paperwork

Pencil is all about keeping things running. This motherfucker joined early on with Cauldron as a drone - not very interesting and not very useful, but important in filing all the things Cauldron needed filed, writing memos for other Cauldron drones, and keeping documented reports of capes.

There's some merit to being good at your job, and having too many people means a lot of potential for leaking information. It's hard to discern people's motives sometimes, after all. Pencil was easy to discern. He's hard working, but simple minded. Rather than dealing with an office worth of random people, Cauldron found that having an office worth of Pencils instead might be a better idea.

"Hey, boss. I have those DAT forms you requested."

> inb4 Cauldron doesn't have or need office workers
> in which case I can probably rework him to bring DAT forms to any other cape team
>>
>these threads show up a couple days ago
>then I watch Marvel's civil war yesterday (first time)
>get this superhero urge, decide to read Worm

>Taylor controls bugs
what a shitty power that is
>get to the battle of the bank
Alright that was pretty good.

>dude darkness LMAO
what a shitty power that is
Alright that was pretty good.

>Nerve controlling dude
What a cool power
Dude did nothing until the very end, what a waste

>bitch control dogs
What an awful power
Alright that was pretty useful to stop people from moving

>mystery girl is a mystery
Still a mystery

How could these D-Tier capes beat S-Class ones like Glory Hole? What's the secret, /tg/? Like, I can deal with them beating Cockblocker but Glory Hole? That was a whole new scale.
>>
File: 1491172406212.gif (986KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491172406212.gif
986KB, 500x281px
>>53373317
Oh sweet summer child. Power and skill aren't the same thing, and the objective isn't always to kill someone.
>>
>>53373317
Taylor's power is the kind of thing that sounds D-Rank until you realize it also includes perfect unlimited multitasking and the ability to perceive damn near everything in a massive radius. It's not Triumvirate tier, but it's fantastically powerful to anyone who doesn't just want a facepunching ability.
>>
>>53373385
>>53373425
Yeah, what I have learned is that no matter how shit your power sounds, there are ways to make it useful, specially if you choose your opponents well. The battle was a good read, gonna keep at it.
>>
>>53373315
They don't have a huge need for office workers, but they do have need for someone to note down and file the results of their experiments. And we're missing a 'Number man' Equivalent as well. Someone to run the numbers on economies around the world, and to provide 'secure' banking for Villains.

Number Man, secretly, works for Cauldron.
>>
>>53373630
Part of the light reading I did went into Number Man. He served as a inspiration, but Pencil is toned way the fuck down.

Number Man seems to be brilliant, the kind of guy to figure out finance in a few seconds.

Pencil could absolutely take over experiment files and world economies, but he wouldn't do in such a sexy way. Instead of "I'll give you the account numbers of the last 500 people I worked with as well their last 500 investments from memory", he's the type to say "I have the files of the last 500 people I worked with. Clones 12 to 46 are still writing up the spreadsheets."

He lacks that sexy hyperintelligence that Number Man has.
>>
>>53373804
>Number Man seems to be brilliant, the kind of guy to figure out finance in a few seconds.
That is literally his power, he sees the numbers in every thing and can apply those numbers almost perfectly.

It makes him good at economies, and good at combat.

It may not be as sexy, but your power will get the job done.
>>
File: Okuyasu_crying_without_control.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Okuyasu_crying_without_control.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53371060
Shut up!
>>
>>53373317

Glory hole is A or B tier at most, sure she can fly and her forcefield helps, but at the end of the day she still is a discount bargain bin alexandria package, pop her forcefield and she is done.
>>
>>53373317
>Enjoying the Civil War movie.
Get some super taste, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 just released for crying out loud. And the Guardians are ALL D-tier heroes as far as powerlevel.
>>
>>53373425
Worm is pretty good early on, but when I read it I got extremely fucking worn down, not because it's long(Though it does start to really, really fucking drag on.), but because the author cannot seem to settle into a fucking coherent and reasonable niche.

It's like the Dragonball Z of fucking reading. The story just keeps fucking ramping up and up and up until it reads like some crazy fucking powerlevel fanfiction mockery of itself.

The earlier on you are, the better it is, really.

Also, nerve controlling dude's power is INSANELY good, it's just that he can't use it to maximum effectiveness whenever. Basically, if he has like an hour to fuck with their nerves and get used to their nervous system, he has the ability to have complete remote body control over them, IE, he literally possesses them and can make them do whatever the fuck he wants up to and including using their powers (See what I mean about powerlevel shit?).
>>
>>53373512
Reminds me of that episode of Misfits with that guy who could control milk.
Surprisingly powerful in the modern age by the way.
>>
>>53374156
>Glory Hole
Don't you mean Slurry Girl?
>>
>>53374159
>watching movies on the cinema instead of TV
>wasting money
>>
>>53372443

Doctor mother wanted someone who could fight against Scion without becoming jack slash 2.0 in the process, and for that Eidolon was perfect, the endbringers were just a unfortunate side effect that could happen to anyond using that damaged shard.
>>
>>53374203
>Not enjoying cinematic experiences.
I bet you didnt even watch Dr.Strange in 3D at an imax did you?!
>>
>>53374185
Misfits was so good.
>>
>>53372443
>>53374211
>Implying that Doctor Mother wasn't overly relying on Contessa
>Implying Contessa wasn't basically a meat-puppet for her power
>Implying Eden didn't modify PtV to fuck them over, when it had time to modify PtV to give it blindspots
>>
>>53374224
I proudly admit I did not. I will wait for HBO to premier it and watch it then. Should happen in a couple months at worst.
>>
Wait, that kinda makes me wonder, if Contessa or Eidolon don't exist in this setting, why are Cauldron or Endbringers still around.
>>
>>53374211
I don't know about you, but I don't subscribe to that DBZ bullshit where I need to fight someone strong enough to kick my ass out of some mad desire to prove myself. I get that from video games, where there aren't any consequences besides me getting fat.
>>
>>53374279
I see no reason for Contessa, at the very least, not to exist. Seeing as no one, not even Conspirators, can afford her power.
>>
>>53374279
Cauldron exists because people decided to make Cauldron. Endbringers exist because people decided to be Endbringers. We are our own worst enemies.
>>
>>53374279
We would have to make the Endbringers as something else in this setting. Without spoiling to much, we need to give them another vessel, or we could retcon them as shards animating themselves to life.
>>
>>53374257
Don't know what you're missing anonbaby.
>>53374230
It was, kinda peaked about midway though.
>>
>>53374319
Or Scion woke them up himself, that's always an option.
>>
>>53374279
Narrative causality? They probably exist because we want to join them/have Kaiju battles and because they're the explanation for the unwritten rules.
>>
>worm isn't /tg/ but we'll make up some shit to force a general
>>
>>53374384
>autism: the post
>>
>>53356288
The power list is pretty retarded.
Why would you use the classifications instead of making a list of possible shard types and then allowing the player to select a specialization based on that shard type?

For example, make Broadcast or Queen Administrator more expensive shards and increase the costs for Trump, Stranger and other relatively more powerful categories.
In fact, how about having a "make your shard" section? You then have options like "dead shard", "shard attunement" (i.e. the opposite of what Leet has to work with), etc.
If you want to build a tinker, you'd have a unique case where you can either take a pure Tinker blueprint shard, or a shard adapted into tinkering. The latter would then either be a method or thematic tinker (e.g. "all equipment is time-based but the specifics are down to materials and the tinker's ideas") instead of one with a set of specific blueprints.

Having a list of pre-defined powers that neatly fit into the power classifications completely defeats the point of the setting.
Note that I do not advocate for building trigger events in a CYOA. That would be fucking retarded.
>>
>>53374401
It's not autism, what you are doing can be done for literally anything in existence.
Someone could literally shitpost, literally have a "What type of shit did you take CYOA" and by your logic it would be /tg/ related
>>
>>53374464
Someone has, I remember I made a magical girl in one of the "what type of girl are you" threads using a CYOA template. It was fun.

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>53374279
Someone's going to be huffing god corpse even if the canonical ones aren't.
>>
>>53365885
Keep in mind that a Worm power is unlikely to be "just telekinesis", unless it's a dead shard.
Natural triggers get required secondary powers, which can often be as useful or even more useful than their primary powers.
In the case of telekinesis, this might be the ability to sense your surroundings passively.

The entire point of powers is that the shards want you to get creative with them. If it's a power that's too straight-forward to use creatively, it sucks.

Also, the powers have a tendency to go "fuck your puny human viewpoint", which leads to things such as all mind-based powers having no will-save possibility for their victims, a guy who turns into something that is described as a "dragon" but has a fucking four-pronged face, and a girl who passively brainwashes everyone in her vicinity to like her.
Some powers can fuck you over in subtle ways, by fucking up your personality or feeding you information that will make interaction with other humans hard.

It's a bit like monsters from beyond the veil granting people powers, in the genuine attempt to help them, but doing so through their own kinda weird way of looking at the world.
>>
>>53371060
Jojo is awesome.

Stands, however, were a mistake.
>>
File: No party like a Nazi party.jpg (1MB, 1280x797px) Image search: [Google]
No party like a Nazi party.jpg
1MB, 1280x797px
>>53356256
Name:Reichsmarschall
Worthless Opponent- 0/17(Shard)- 0/35(Character)
Villain
Male, Adult(early 20s), Dock Worker
Custom Costume, based on, easily enough to guess, a German Uniform.
>Skills:Strategy, Tactics, Stealth, Parkour, Banter
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Kingmaker, Blindspot, Plot Convenience
>Flaws:Psychic Nosebleed, Numbed Emotions, Identity Reveal, NemesisX2
>Powers:Kingmaker
>Empire 88, Connections, Mooksx2

Reichsmarschall was born an raised in German, as part of Gesellschaft. Like more than a few people he was kidnapped by the organization, and forced into horrible situation after horrible situation until he finally Triggered, at which point he was brain-washed by the organization. He is a living weapon, designed to strike at the enemies of his creators. A few years back, when the 88 needed extra numbers, they requested Gesellschaft send over aide, in return for payment at a later date. After much internal discussion it was decided that Reichsmarschall would be sent. Due to his keen tactical mind, and loyal to the path. Not widely liked amongst the other Parahumans, his abilities have gathered him a small following amongst the unpowered members of the Empire.
>>
>>53374401
>>53374487
You are what killed /tg/.

Are you proud?

>inb4 samefag
Every fucking time this argument comes up, you fucks have the same fucking response.
>>
>>53374857
>WAAAAGH! /tg/ IS DEAD!
They said that over five years ago, they said that three years ago, they said that now
Constantly repeating "/tg/ is dead" isn't going to make people stop enjoying things you don't like.
>>
>>53374857
Deal with it nerd.
>>
>Fucker (actual name)/Pest (PRT name)
>Golden Age
>Vigilante
>Insert
>Female
>Teenager
>High Schooler
>Budget Costume
>Tactics
>Stealth
>Banter
>Natural Trigger
>Second Trigger x 3
>Rough Start x 3
>Blind Spot
>ST Mountain
>ST Presence
>Fake Death
>Power Sight
>ST Counter
>Ambivilant
After losing everything in the wake of a hero versus villain showdown, Sarah Jones snapped. She decided to devote the rest of her life to just fucking with both heroes and villains. She seeks out conflict between metahumans, and then proceeds to fuck with their powers to cause as much chaos as possible.
>>
>>53374857

Jesus dude, just hide the fucking thread in the catalog and move on, or are you the same autist who whines like a little bitchling in every worm thread?
>>
>>53375017
>>53371319

I thought the limit was 15 on powers, but then again that was the previous OP. Wouldn't be surprised people aren't aware of it or the rules changed.
>>
>>53375090
Counter is five, Presence and Mountain are both two, and Power Sight and Fake Death are both one. That's a total of eleven.

Also, there's >>53357348 at 17 and >>53364216 at 20.
>>
>>53375017
Is it wrong that I want to be really nice to this character? Because I feel like I'm going to end up giving her cake.
>>53375384
And we're both Cauldron Conspirators, who have a cap of 20.
>>
>>53375384
Second Triggers count. It's more clear in the last OP.
>>
>>53375396
Glad you like her. I admit I started with wanting to just come up with an asshole villain, but budget constraints forced me to come up with a way to make her work. Which is how I came up with the more sympathetic backstory.

Anyway, you could probably reskin Invincible Batman over there as a Cauldron Conspirator too, since he has 19 points.
>>
File: 1495146625912.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495146625912.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>53374404
Then just do it bruv. That sounds rad.
>>
>>53373317
>How could these D-Tier capes beat S-Class ones like Glory Hole?
For starters, Glory Girl isn't S-Class. Or even A-Class, really. If her forcefield stayed up she would be, but it doesn't, and so she isn't. Skitter and Taylor aren't D-tier either. Skitter's power is low-key OP, and Tattletale is a powerful Thinker. Glory Girl might have stood a chance if Tattletale didn't have a gun or Skitter didn't have her sister hostage, but they did. So that's how that played out.

>buying into the Glory Hole nickname
Glory Girl is a way better person than any of the Undersiders, by the by.
>>
>>53375418
Ah, ok. Seems a little silly, since you can cheat the 15 point rule by going Dead Shard Humble Beginnings and the Second Trigger rule by going Cauldron on top of that.
>>
File: 1492305329714.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492305329714.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>53375636
Yeah well you aren't meant to cheat like that. Just embrace the low power level.
>>
>>53364216
*Path: Conspirator
>My Parents bought me the Vial, now I'm a plant in the Wards.
>>
File: Around The World!.gif (947KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
Around The World!.gif
947KB, 500x347px
>>53356288
Well since you already call it a stand...
>Name
Deo Dione/Daftendirekt (Nicknamed D&D)
>Scenario
Gestation
15/15
>Path
Hero
>Origin
Insert
Male
Teenager
Highschooler
>Costume
Cape
13/15
>Skills
Martial Arts
Strategy
Tactics
Parkour
Banter
-3/15
>Shard
Natural Trigger
0/15
>Perks
Second Trigger (Stand)
Second Trigger (Mirror Image)
Noctis Cape
Plot Convience
-9/7
>Flaws
Rough Start
Identity Reveal
Slaughterhouse 9
0/9
>Gifts
Plot Relevance
>Powers
Stand
Mirror Image
>Stand Powers
Temporal Bubble
No Clip
Shock&Awe
0/0
>Path Specific
The Wards
>Perks
Companionship
I'll write my followers later but they'd be stand users. Overall Deo Dione is a focused but kindhearted individual when it comes to his allies. His Hero name is the same name he uses for his heroism. Along with punchghosting his stand also has the ability 「Around The World」where it makes a time stop bubble. Combined with Mirror Image, Deo's fighting style also allows him to use "afterimages" for multiple physical attacks with his stand along with setting up multiple time stop bubbles to lock down groups of opponents. Time stop can become wickedly OP so Slaughterhouse 9 wants him because the only person with a power similar to this would be Grey Boy and they want a monopoly on this type of power (also Grey Boy might become a rival because of similar time powers).

I know it's a meme but you named it STAND and didn't expect a JoJo post?
>>
>>53375960
Not everyone who bought Cauldron Vials is an actual Conspirator. You may owe a few favours to Cauldron, but you're not one of them.
>>
>>53374404
The tinker idea I came up with for a character is basically a Dexter tinker with two specialties. One is building things that separate him from danger (flight pack, 'invisibility' field, distraction devices, etc) and the other is building things that allow him to engage in confrontations (weapons, stranger counters, etc). He can also build things that overlap in those categories, like ranged weapons that let him fight from a distance, or a personal forcefield that gives him a mild Brute rating, protecting him while letting him confront stronger enemies.

It sounds pretty good, and if the Shard didn't have restrictions he would be really powerful. But the Shard does have restrictions. Normal ones, like resources and having to research principles and powers and such before he could build devices around them. Flight pack works off of reduced gravity from electrostatic levitation and ionic wind, blasters are modeled off of Laserdream's hard light blasts, personal forcefield is modeled off of Manpower's, etc. But the main one is different. Due to the paradoxical nature of his trigger (stress from the inability to escape danger and the powerlessness to confront another, they both meet in his home) his passenger drifts in and out of sync with him. Meaning he won't always get the device he wants. For example, maybe he studies Grue's darkness to find a way to see inside of it (which would fall under enabling confrontation) but instead winds up with the idea to mimic the power, and instead gets a device that essentially blacks out his body by stopping light from entering a personalized field around him and stopping sound from leaving (falls under separation from danger, allowing him to hide). Also consider that the devices need maintenance and repairs, and if the passenger isn't in the right "mood" to help him fix whatever needs fixing, it'll be a real chore.

Sorry for the blog post, but it's hard to capture the nuances of Worm's powers in a cyoa.
>>
File: 8DYElvj.gif (968KB, 467x250px) Image search: [Google]
8DYElvj.gif
968KB, 467x250px
>>53376040
Eh, I'm just trying to get Khepri while changing as little about the character as possible since she has already interacted with other characters.
>>
>>53375418
Well that explains >>53368112. What else are you going to spend your power points on once you hit 15?
>>
>>53376510
Become immune to cognitive cucks
>>
>>53376676
Yes, obviously. Thank you for stating the exact point I was making with my rhetorical question.
>>
>>53376510
Not needing to sleep ever again and perfect memory, as well as having your Shard help coordinate your powers.
>>
You have the power to telekinetically control toast. Just toast. Not even bread. Just toast. How do you make this power deadly?
>>
>>53377503
Manipulate it in the stomachs of people who have eaten toast this morning.
>>
Does going vigilante just allow me to buy all the powers I want?
>>
>>53377533
As long as you don't have more that 15 Shard Points in powers, including Second Triggers.
>>
>>53377533
up to 15 total cost as per the thread's rules, you can ignore that if you are just doing it for fun
>>
>>53377569
But that's just the current thread rules, right?
>>
>>53377586
Yep.
>>
>>53377569
>>53377579
Doesn't that straight up ban the 25 powers?
>>
>>53377606
That's the point. It was meant for us to have fun roleplaying without the thread devolving into "but I'm a demigod I can't die". It's meant to make superheroes grounded and not overpowered.
>>
>>53377628
Alright
>>
Name: Claire Simmons
Alias: CopyCat
-Insert Female Adult Vigilante (20)
Gestation 15/15
-Natural Trigger 18/15
-Anti-Villain 21/16
-Journalist 19/16
>Keeps me observing new powers

Costume
-Cape 17/16
-Thematic 14/16
>As flashy and Flamboyant as possible

Skills
-Tactics 10/16
-Strategy 5/15
-Banter 4/16
>Tactics and strategy keep me alive, while banter goes with the flamboyant theme.

Perks
-Noctis Cape 4/15
>Just quality of life, also who needs flaws

Powers
-Cosmic Shapshift 4/14
>Quality of life again
-Trance 4/12
-X-Ray Vision 4/11
-Power Sight 4/10
-Unlimited Shard Works (Second Trigger) 0/0
>Finally the power it all revolves around
>Trance and X-Ray Vision will both make it easier to observe and copy powers
>Power Sight will allow me to know what to expect to more easily copy
>Also might allow me to observe the use of powers not normally visible

The journalism life is solely lived to allow me to observe as many powers as possible, and with the help of Trance and X-Ray Vision i can build up quite the collection. However I am not much more than a collector, and won't disturb the villains greatly. I would like to see them gone eventually, but that is long term. Short term I just want to amass the greatest collection.

Also as a vigilante I love to showoff my collection. I am perhaps a bit young and reckless, but that could never go wrong. I never take threats seriously, because as long as i survive i got their power and everything will be fine right. Strategy and Tactics are my two life-savers.
>>
So, did anyone figure out the ridiculous combo that is Temporal Overwrite + Enthrallment? The potential of borrowing from future without end... Hoo boy.
>>
Just had a fun idea for a Rogue.

>>53356256
Name: The Consultant
Background: Gestation
Affiliation: Rogue
Background: Insert, Female, CEO
Costume: "Budget" (well-tailored business suit, no mask).

>>53356274
Strategy (10 CP), Tactics (6 CP)
Living Shard (9 CP)
Second Trigger x 2 (1 CP, 9 SP)
Voice In My Head (7 SP)
Noctis Cape (6 SP)
Plot Convenience (0 CP)
Identity Reveal (3 CP)

>>53356288
ST: Power Sight (5 SP)
ST: Perfect Mind (0 SP)

>>53356305
Product Sales
Act of Neutrality (0 CP)

The Consultant is exactly what her namesake implies - a parahuman consultant, in both senses of the word. She hires out her services to anyone - hero, villain, vigilante, and rogue - who can pay her price. In exchange, she'll tell them how to use their shard in ways they had no idea about, provide tactical and strategic advice, and provide seemingly impossible insights a Parahuman would never have considered.

While her mercenary attitude hasn't won her many friends, the necessity of her abilities has led to an unofficial "hands off" policy regarding her, enforced zealously by Parahumans who might want a consultation someday.
>>
=>>53374384
Why do people get mad when other people enjoy something ? So strange.

>>53364762 and >>53376039 best stand friends forever
>>
>>53369233
Sure go ahead man. Good to see more Nazis joining the fray, they have some damn fine aesthetics to base characters off of. Sorry for the late response, sleep is a thing
>>53374696
Unless this is you. In that case my previous statement means nothing as you have already done the deed. I feel like you and WunderWaffe would get along very nicely
>>
>>53379546
That was me actually, it's cool. Reichsmarschall is similar to Night and Fog from canon, in that he's basically emotionless, but puts on fake emotions. Despite that he is insanely loyal to the Cause, and to Gesellschaft. He's only loyal to the 88 so long as they remain loyal to the Cause, and don't interfere with Gesellschaft
>>
File: 1494356282593.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494356282593.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Gonna make a Slaughterhouse 9 guy to join up with >>53368611

Gestation
Villain
No identity
Budget
Natural trigger
Martial arts
Parkour
Strategy
Tactics
Slaughterhouse 9
Case 53 x3
Second Trigger

Powers :
Vampirism ( Second Trigger ) ( 5 pts )
Regeneration ( 10 pts )
Essentially a Crawler/Lung combo

Conflict is a case 53 with black stone-like skin, his face is nothing but a golden skeleton-like visage with a long golden tongue. He has extremely hard times pronouncing words correctly and tries his best to be the strong silent type.

His abilities let him thrive off combat - the only way to beat him is to kill him entirely at once,
like an explosion that obliterates matter entirely. Tge longer he stays alive, the worse off his opponents are.
>>
>>53368611
>>53380242
>Both Slaughterhouse Members have Vampirism
Strangely fitting.

Also, if you're in the Slaughterhouse you should take Kill Order, every member of the group has one.
>>
Name: Mindscape
Scenario: Gestation +15 Character Points +15 Shard Points
Path: Vigilante
Origin: Insert
Civilian Identity:
>Male
>Teenager
>Highschooler
Costume: Bodysuit -1 Character Points
Skills:
>Parkour -2 Character Points
>Investigation -2 Character Points
>Martial Arts -4 Character Points
Shard: Natural Trigger +3 Character Points
Perks:
>Second Trigger -4 Character Points and -3 Shard Points = Fake Telepathy
>Noctis Cape -1 Shard Point
Powers:
>Fake Telepathy -10 Shard Points
>Proficiency -2 Shard Points
Path-Specific:
>Anti-Villain +3 Character Points +1 Shard Point
>PRT-Info -5 Character Points
>Sniper Rifle -3 Character Points

Mindscape got his powers 2 years ago after his mother's suicide due to being blackmailed into performing acts of a horrific nature by a group of villains and has pretty much decided that the world would be better off without villains, whether or not it complies with the unwritten rules. Recently his father was kidnapped and blackmailed into horrific acts by the same villains that have come back to finish the job, causing him to trigger again.
>>
>>53356256
How cheesy can we go? I was debating on creating a music based hero team (Swing-Electro Swing Music style)that fights like 1940's capes like The Shadow/Action Comics pulp vibe. They'd have powers/pun names based on musical instruments and their nemesis would be a villian named Pandharmonium that is Dubstep themed and uses Kingmaker and other powers to create villians for the group. The heroes would be called The Big Band and the villians would be called The Discord.
>>
Almost everyone took blindspot for some reason. Only four powers in the thinker section can work against them now.
>>
>>53380939
Well we already have a Doctor Wily villain, so I'd say pretty damn cheesy. Also that sounds really fun!
>>
>>53380939
Look at my name. LOOK AT MY NAME. I make robots that waffle between robbing banks and stealing candy from children!.
The Think Tank, a group of four Tinker villains(right now, I'm open to Tinkers who want to audition) and their Mooks, are based in a place sometimes called the Tower of Terror.
>>
What's the best 15 totaled powerset without using Second Trigger?

>five 3 cost powers
>three 5 cost powers
>two 7 cost powers and a 1 cost power
>>
>>53381144
Are those the only options? Because you're counting out all the other possible combinations of powers and second trigger.
>>
>>53381144
how about one 7, one 5, one 3?
>>
File: Vampire 23.jpg (67KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire 23.jpg
67KB, 405x600px
>>53368611
Let's build Huntsman's follower, the third member of the SH9
Name:Graviton
Gestation- 0/25(Shard)- 5/32(Character)
Villain
Female, Teenager(10ish(The Bonesaw)), No Identity
Custom Costume
>Skills:Strategy, Tactics, Banter, Stealth, Survival. First Aid, Investigation
Natural Trigger
>Perks:Second Trigger-Gravity Control, Voice In My Head, Noctis Cape, Blindspot
>Flaws:Slaughterhouse 9
>Powers:Gravity Control, Shroedinger
>Other:Slaughterhouse, Kill Order

>I lack an appropriate image, so like Huntsman have a random Vampire image.
>>
>>53381144
A 10 and a 5, or a 10, 3, and 2.
>>
Gestation 15/15
Vigilante
Drop in 3/3 (18/18 total)
No Identity +2/0 (20/18 total)
Thematic Costume -3/0 (17/18 total)
Tactics -4/0 (13/18 total))
Strategy -5/0 (8/18 total)
Hacking -1/0 (7/18 total)
Banter -1/0 (6/18 total)
Zion +3/0 (9/18 total)
Second Trigger -4/-5 ( 5/13 total)
Worst Day Ever x3 6/3 (11/16 total)
Blind Spot -3/-4 (8/12 total)
Second Trigger -4/-3 (4/9 total)
Second Chance

Unlimited Shard Works Second trigger -0/-7 (3/2 total)
Shrodenginer Second trigger 0/-5 (3/-3 total)
Cosemetic Shapeshift 0/-1 (3/-4 total)

Ambivilent Vigilante +4+4 (7/0 total)
Stealth Suit -2/0 (5/0 total)
PRT info -5/0 (0/0 total)

Who I was before I showed up...doesn't matter. In this new word I am Anonymous

I could be anyone and with my power I have taken on numerous identites provkign heroes and Villains alike in both a pursuit to copy their powers...and if I must be honest mostly just to piss them off.

My first day in here really kind of sucked. Sucked enough I got super powers apparently and worst of all I missed out on all the cool powers that were being used around me. Well being homeless kind of sucked at first but with a Stolen laptop and an internet connection. It became trivial to once again become a hacker on steroids.

Arranging for a copy of a super hero data base...and a few extra supplies. It didn't take me long to prove that no one can predict Anonymous for **I** am Legion.
>>
Alright. I made a trio of characters, and I wrote a story about them all. I still don't know all that much about worm even though I'm starting to read it, but I apologies if I get anything wrong.

https://pastebin.com/raw/GyFF57sU

Name: Daisy Foster
Alias: Cerebra

Path: Hero

Civilian Identity: Teenager

Costume: Cape, Bodysuit

Skills: Martial Arts, Stealth, Investigation

Natural Trigger

Perks: Second Trigger, Secret Lair, Blindspot

Flaws: Psychic Nosebleed, Worst Day Ever

Powers:
Telekinesis, Double trigger
Barrier

Team: The Wards
Hero Perk: Companionship

Name: Keith Mould
Alias: Surround Sound

Path: Vigilante, Anti-Villain

Costume: Armor

Skills: Mechanics, Tactics,

Natural Trigger

Perks: Secret Lair, Second Trigger x2,

Flaws: Worst Day Ever x2,

Powers:
Sound Control, Double Trigger
Presence, Double Trigger
Barrier

Equipment: Bombs, Toolbelt

Name: Mary Weaver
Alias: White Lie

Path: Villain

Costume: Budget

Skills: Banter, Martial Arts, Strategy

Natural Trigger

Perks: Second Trigger, Secret Lair, Mooks, Money

Flaws: Numbed Emotions, Worst Day Ever

Powers:
Bluff, Double Trigger
Fresh Identity
Recordless

Gang: Other
>>
>>53381633
That's more than 15 points anon
That's 19 points spent on powers.
>>
>>53381653
The second triggers count?
>>
>>53381773
Yes
>>
>>53381773
Yeah, it's mentioned in the last thread's OP. But the OP was lazy this time and just included a link, rather than all the rules.
>>
Bummer can't do the Legion of Anonymous thing.
>>
Ultimately hardly matters with unlimited Shard works.
>>
>>53381851
How the fuck is USW, something that lets you grow infinitely more powerful, a 7 pointer when Kingmaker, something that only helps other people and isn't as good as USW, a 10 pointer?
>>
>>53381873
Well really it's the second trigger that breaks it.
>>
>>53381873
It costs 10 to make it "infinitely" more powerful, otherwise its pretty useless.

And its not infinitely either even with the second trigger. As you need to see it, so you can only grow stronger on a physical level. A telekinetic guy would still give you a really hard time on a 1 on 1, so would the any precog(not that we don't all use blindspot)
>>
>>53381895
And it's stronger than second trigger Kingmaker. Which is still limited to 5 people, still can't be used on yourself, and is still limited to 7 points per use.
>>
>>53381873
Yeah some of the powers don't make much sense compared to others. Second trigger mountain is infinitely better then invincibility as long as you aren't a dumbass for example
>>
>>53381873
It wouldn't be that bad if the Second Trigger was something like "You get five uses." Also Exchange's Second Trigger is pretty bad in Multiplayer.
>>
>>53381909
I'd argue that seeing the telekinetic moving something counts as seeing it.
>>
>>53381927
I think seeing someone throw blasts from their hands would count as seeing it. But a telekinetic guy that moves his neck and sends you flying wouldn't count it.

I believe the ability works like if you were an adapter, you see how it works, you copy it. If you can't see how it works you can't. But then again this is all up to interpretation.
>>
>>53356288
Do Line of Sight powers work through Presence?
>>
>>53381959
Going by the anime you shouldn't even copy the fireball. Archer couldn't copy Caster abilities.
>>
>>53382097
Probably not, since it's more like a sixth sense.
>>
>>53382097
Presence says it gives instinctive awareness, so I don't think so.
>>
>>53382097
Presence is a radar inside your head. So no
>>
So is there really a reason not to load up on followers and stuff to maximize your influence/power base?
>>
What's the consensus on taking Rough Start, buying a Cauldron Vial and taking a Dead Shard? My character concept involves dropping in, buying a vial, using it, and then being brought in for "secondary experimentation," but I'm worried about it being a little broken.
>>
>>53381873
Unlimited Shard Works is more limited than you give it credit for. It can only work on Mover, Shaker, Blaster, and Changer powers, as well as some Brute, Breaker, Master, Striker, and Changer powers. But you can't grab any Thinker, Tinker, Trump, or Stranger powers, as well as the stronger Master and Brute powers.
>>
>>53382169
no. Followers are great
>>
>53382169
Followers kind of let you bypass the maximum power so Load up on them
>>
>>53382169
Followers are amazing, but you can only get 3.
>>
>>53382171
We try to ignore the cauldrons for own gain as just like you said, they are not balanced to the 15 point system. But in your particular case, doesn't it say you can't use the cauldron on yourself, it is meant to be given to someone else?
>>
>>53382213
Still like 30 points more.
>>
>>53382202
That is on the assumption the follower doesn't betray you. There is a hero perk for "friendship with your followers" for a reason.
>>
So is there an RP thing or not. Because if followers are fair then I'm stickin with being Anonymous and fucking with everyone.
>>
>>53382215
Just says that it can't be given to someone that's already got a shard, so I figured it might work. No big, I'll respec and come up with a new backstory.
>>
>>53382235
That's why you write their backstories to be completely loyal to you and little more then a willing slave. Can't betray you if they worship you
>>
>>53382260
kek, true
>>
>>53382246
We had a little RP the last couple of night with the guy who started this thread the last couple of nights, have not seen him all day today, though.
>>
>>53382231
Not in one person though. You have to be able to work as a team.
Sure The Think Tank is built entirely on Followers, and a couple of Mook purchases, but Cyborg could end up turning on Wily, at the very least. Voyeur might leave for the hell of it, Munitions is the only one who is 'guaranteed' to stick with Wily.
>>
>>53382306
Except considering you've spent the points on them and are kind of in control of your own story. They're not exactly likely to turn on you period.
>>
Anyway. If you want to RP we have an IRC server with a couple of people in it on Rizon. We also have a dice-roller.

OOC Discussion of the CYOA game is #WMCYOA

IC Roleplaying is #Metropolis_Streets
>>
>>53382326
I might do so if it makes sense at the time, or makes for a more interesting story.
>>
Well, looks like the thread is sinking
>>
Why is the Worm fanart so fucking terrible? You would think a decent setting like this would get at least one proper artist.
>>
>Cape name:
Horizon

>Real name:
Alex Thompson

>Time period:
Gestation (15c,15s)

>Path:
Vigilante - Anti-hero (16c, 18s)

>Entry:
Drop-In (19, Male) (19c,21s)

>Costume:
Budget (19c,21s) - an old motoracer leather jacket with diagonal white slashes on the sleeves, usually paired with jeans and boots. The mask changes from time to time, but it's generally a 3M painter's mask, a pair of aviators, and a black ballcap.

>Skills:
Parkour
Stealth
Marksmanship
Hacking
Banter
(7c, 21s)

>Shard:
Dead Entity
(7c, 24s)

>Flaws:
Case 53
Worst Day Ever
Endbringer Target
(12c, 30s)

>Perks:
Second Trigger
Plot Convenience
(7c, 28s)

>Gift:
Interlude

>Powers:
Perpetuance - Second Trigger!
Infinite Ammo
Recordless
(7c, 0s)

>Equipment:
Toolbelt
Stealth Suit
Tinkertech (radiation nullifier)
(0c,0s)

Waking up with your head against a dumpster is rarely a good thing. Waking up with your head against a dumpster somewhere in Brockton Bay is not an exception. Doing so while someone gets mugged around fifteen feet away is no exception.

Alex's awakening was not a pleasant one.

He couldn't remember who he was, or how he was supposed to look. The stylized C branded into his shoulder seemed distinctly off-putting, however, even in comparison to everything else the grimy convenience store mirror reflected. He'd stumbled into it after the mugging had subsided into a series of pained whimpers, long after the pounding of footsteps had receded into the mist. The clerk gave him a Look, one hand straying below the counter, but made no moves to stop him. No wonder, that. He looked dangerous, but more a danger to himself than anything else. Sunken cheeks, limbs just this side of scrawny, a dirty leather jacket almost draped over his shoulders. A cracked pair of sunglasses sat askew on his nose.
"Sunglasses?"
>Cont, 1/2
>>
>>53382602
Uh dude you can't spend more than 15 points on powers including second triggers. No drop ins.
>>
>>53382602
Sorry, if your posting for the RP, you can't spend more than 15 points on powers/second trigger, be a drop in, or have a gift.
>>
>>53382602

Reaching up, he brushed them aside, and stared at the mirror. A beat passed. Two. Then he leaned forward, gripping the sink hard enough to crack the chipped porcelain. And he screamed. He'd call them black, but they weren't so. They were a shade beyond that hue, tears in the fabric of reality. Outside, away from the madman, thee convenience store attendant cringed, hand straying below the counter. The sound of shattered glass made his decision for him.

Getting dragged out of a shitty convenience store by mallcops was not an improvement to Alex's situation. It exacerbated the shittiness, actually, like a fine wine paired with the world's most godawful cheese.

That day was rough. So was the next, and a couple more after that, but eventually Alex got his legs underneath him. Found an abandoned apartment building to set up shop in. Learned what he could do. How he could tear holes in reality itself, pull a trigger that should've clicked shut on an empty chamber, ghost past the CCTV cameras that littered the city. A vigilante in truth as well as in name, skirting the law to do what he feels is necessary to complete what is proper.

A reckoning is coming, however, and the shadows in which he lives are fast growing thin.

>Horizon theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdATpPUKeLw

>Cont, (2/2)
>>
>>53382648
>>53382656
Welp. Time to respec. Third time's the charm, I suppose.
>>
>>53382700
Based, its not really your fault. The shitty OP didn't make it clear.
>>
>>53382700
It's alright, the rules where not posted in the op of this thread, so they are easier to miss than usual.
>>
Honestly I think that it can be forgiven. Since Followers are a bit more broken then letting you slip by on spending second triggers
>>
>>53378078
Bah i just finished a write up for a character with almost the same idea. Only differences was i added hacking.

Back to the drawing board i guess.
>>
Does anyone want me to make the next thread or just wait for Hastet to do it?
>>
>>53382765
Let it fall off at least. And then make it with a link to this one
>>
>>53382736
Time Period: Gestation (15,15)
Path: Rogue (15,15)
Clothing: Budget (15,15)
Skills:
- martial arts (-4) (14,18)
- stealth (-3) (11,18)
- parkour (-3) (8, 18)
- tactics (-2) (6, 18)
Dead Shard (6, 21)
Perks ( -3,12)
- Power Slot (0,-1)
- 2nd Trigger (-4,-3)
- Secret Lair (-2,0)
- Blind Spot (-3,-4)
- noctis cloak (0,-1)
Powers: (0,-4)
- Unlimited shard works+ (-7)
- Peak condition (-1)
- Power sight (-1)
- Save and reload (-10)
Job: Body Guard
Job Perks: (-6,-3)
- Act of neutrality (-3)
- established business (-3)
Drawbacks: (2,1)
- Humble beginnings (+5,+5)
- 2x worst day ever (+4,+2)
- Numbed emotion (0,+1)

I think this works. Im not sure if i understand 2nd trigger (or even a first trigger).

Also whats the go with the slaughterhouse? How powerful are they?
>>
Hey, I opened a drive so you won't have to search through several threads to find villain #4 or Cauldron Conspirator #7.
PRT Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5QTdkYzFuMEw3Wm8?usp=sharing
Upload Your Heroes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing
All:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c?usp=sharing
>>
>>53382814
Second trigger counts towards the 15 points on power spending

>>53382837
Hey, nice
>>
>>53382844
Aw damn i missed that in the OP.

Is there anything else i need to be aware of?
>>
>>53382898
The rules where in the OP of the last thread, but when this got remade it was a rush job .
>>
>every concept I make has Blink
Fuck, guess I love teleporting
>>
Try numero tres:

>Cape name:
Horizon

>Real name:
Alex Thompson

>Time period:
Gestation (15c,15s)

>Path:
Vigilante - Anti-hero (16c, still 15s)

>Entry:
Insert - Male, Teenage

High School

>Costume:
Budget (16c,15s) - an old motoracer leather jacket with diagonal white slashes on the sleeves, usually paired with jeans and boots. The mask changes from time to time, but it's generally a 3M painter's mask, a pair of aviators, and a black ballcap.

>Skills:
Marksmanship
Stealth
First Aid
(5c, 15s)

>Shard:
Dead Entity
(5c, 15s)

>Flaws:
Case 53 (doesn't do anything, taking it for the physical mutation- in this case, hair that is simultaneously cleanly combed and well looked after and also the platonic ideal of bedhead)
Worst Day Ever
(7c, still 15s)

>Perks:
Plot Convenience
Extra Power Slot
(6c, 14s)

>Powers:
Schroedinger
Infinite Ammo
No Clip
Peak Condition
(7c, 0s)

>Equipment:
Toolbelt
Stealth Suit
Tinkertech (in this case, a single-action .357 revolver designed to resist overheating.)
(0c,0s)
>>
Attempt 2.

Time Period: Gestation (15,15)
Path: Rogue (15,15)
Clothing: Budget (15,15)
Skills:
- martial arts (-4) (11,15)
- stealth (-3) (8,15)
- parkour (-3) (5,15)
- tactics (-2) (3,15)
Shard
- natural (+3) (6,15)
Perks
- 2nd Trigger (-4,-3) (2,12)
- Secret Lair (-2,0) (0,12)
- Blind Spot (-3,-4) (-3,8)
- noctis cloak (0,-1) (-3,7)
- vial (-2,0) (-5,7)
Powers:
- Unlimited shard works+ (-5,0)
- Peak condition (-5,-1)
- Power sight (-5,-2)

Job: Body Guard
Job Perks:
- Act of neutrality (-7,-5)
- established business (-8,-8)
Drawbacks:
- Humble beginnings (+5,+5) (-3,-3)
- 2x worst day ever (+4,+2) (1,-1)
- Numbed emotion (0,+1) (1,0)
>>
>>53383012
Rapid Short-range Teleportation is amazing, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>53382917
Whats the limitation on the vials?
Are they bound by the same 15 point cap and can you 2nd trigger their power?
>>
>>53382837
Apparently the link to the uploads folder doesn't work, try this one instead. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing
>>
>>53382176
Depends heavily on the Brute, and you're missing the fact that there's a one point power to fix that flaw. Shard Works Second Trigger is cancerous because it basically gives a metric fuck ton more points of powers than everything else.
>>
new thread?
>>
Blindspot and the cheaper one seem to have been taken by most people.

Wouldn't the abundance of "anomalies" mean that predicting the future would be wildly inaccurate as there are so many people immune. Im thinking bulk 2nd and 3rd order effects from each.

Or am i overthinking it?
>>
>>53383553
>>
>>53383544
Probably would be, but something like Glimpse that only goes 5 seconds should work fine if no one in the area is a blindspot.
>>
>>53383516
>Depends heavily on the Brute
Not as much as you'd think. You can't capture Alexandria's power by watching her lift, since there's no effect to see happen. Same with pretty much any Brutes without visual force fields or something similar.

>and you're missing the fact that there's a one point power to fix that flaw
That lets you see peoples' shards and what their powers are. It doesn't let you actually see their powers. It's like the difference between reading a book describing a spell and seeing someone cast it.
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.