[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief Meat Grinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1460909054999.png (389KB, 451x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460909054999.png
389KB, 451x800px
Our DM is currently running a D&D 1st edition game, and it's pretty fun for all the other players at the table except for me. I got stuck with having Thief Characters, and Thief/Rogue in 1.0 plays horribly. Tiny chances of doing anything useful with stealth, lockpicking or finding traps right off the bat, a tiny health pool, barely any combat abilities, and ranged weapons suck to use because any that do actual damage have an absurd reload time.

I would be fine with the low-level bitchwork here if it also wasn't our party's attitude towards stealth characters, or at least, mine. Every time shit hits the fan if we need a sacrificial lamb, it's my Thief/Assassin that gets left behind. Our Barbarian just sprints away and our cleric uses her magic ring to fuck off to where whatever is attacking her can't reach her.

This leaves me, our magic user, and other fighter. The problem is our other fighter is also an ass, and I'm at the front of the party a majority of the time, meaning I'm first on the chopping block.I have run through 5 character sheets in the last four months during our weekly sessions, because our party treats my characters as disposable. What the hell am I supposed to do? The stealth characters in 1.0 have nothing going for them and I can't survive long enough to have any chance of success. They're all level 4/5 and I'm still rocking a level 1 because I keep getting sacrificed. I have an agreement with the DM that I have to keep playing stealth characters, at least for this campaign.

TL;DR Unsupportive party doesn't help the Thief and I keep having to make new characters. What do I do?
>>
>>53354862
If you have to play a stealth character, talk to the DM about finding a stealth option that isn't so easy to murder.

Although since you're level 1 in a level 5 party, you're kinda fucked. You might want to just start hiding behind the other characters, and then trying to make sure you're not the one left behind.
>>
>>53354862
Stop making Thieves maybe?
>>
File: 1484109344350.png (242KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484109344350.png
242KB, 500x500px
>>53354920

> "I have an agreement with the DM that I have to keep playing stealth characters, at least for this campaign."

Son can you read?
>>
>>53354941
Make a stealthy Fighter or a stealthy Wizard.
>>
>>53354862
Play a system that actually supports stelathy characters.
>>
>>53354862
Talk to the DM because the experience is clearly making you miserable.
>>
File: 1445734490878.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1445734490878.gif
2MB, 448x252px
Send these grievances and questions to your DM instead of posting them here. Explain your issues to fellow players. If they don't listen find a new game.
Why is it so hard for people to just fucking talk to the people they are having problems with?
>>
>>53354941
Anyone can sneak in 1st Edition and the thief skills are mostly shit anyway.
>>
>>53354862
Find a group that isn't shit, because your DM and all the other players in the game are clearly massive faggots.
>>
>>53356013
this. why put up with it? and why is a stealth character necessary?
> "I have an agreement with the DM that I have to keep playing stealth characters, at least for this campaign."

no bro, that's bs, fine an actually fun DM
>>
>>53354862

Learn to roleplay and use your brain thief Cuck. You've been ruined by world of Warcraft to expect to be able to instantly vanish then lulz stun lock someone and do a million damage.

Thieves in D&D have to use their brains and skills to get the job done just like in real life. L2P.
>>
>>53356363
he's level 1 in a level 5 campaign. Also, the surroundings and environment is determined by the DM. Seeing as how the DM is a dick, the environment is probably not very stealth friendly, either. How in the world is he supposed to "use his brains" to do anything?
>>
>>53356429
By not being a beta cuck?

It's trivial to level up in a high level group , you just hang back , farm XP and sneak away if shit gets rough. Rinse and repeat. You're only a sacrificial lamb if you let yourself be.
>>
>>53356507
his cleric teleports away, berserker runs away, the fighter and magic user puts the thief in the front. Do you know how to read? He explained this in the FIRST post.
>>
>>53356507
>By not being a beta cuck?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>53356570
Alpha barbarian fucks beta thief cucks.
>>
>>53354862

I remember this problem. The solution is old, annoying, and will make people resent you almost as much as you resent them for making you into a living sacrifice.

Steal from the party.

Rogues level the fastest of any class. Steal a few choice valuables for sick levels, thereby boosting your thief skills and ability to survive.

Keep things for yourself when scouting, and if scouting is too dangerous, refuse to do it. Say you've heard their scouts keep dying and that you're perfectly fine back here with your sling.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.