[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The current Party enters Silent Hill What repressed feelings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 562.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
The current Party enters Silent Hill

What repressed feelings do each party member have, and how will the town use them against the party?

What sort of monsters will the town make for the party?
>>
>>53347000
I've been repressing my urge to tell OP that he is a faggot.

That could haunt me, so I'll just voice it now.
>>
>playing Unknown Armies

they'd either weaponise it, get charges out of it, or somehow prove "too spicy" for the place to handle.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the epidromancer of the party wouldn't even notice anything was amiss.
>>
>>53347000
Why is it always Silent Hill 2's "your character's psychological issues" thing
>>
>>53347129
honestly better than Cult shit
>>
My current party is three low-mid level barbarians.

They don't have repressed feelings. Those are for civilized weaklings.
>>
>>53347129
Because it was popular. Silent Hill 2 was the worst thing to happen to Silent Hill.
>>
>>53347129
>>53347129

Bullshit. In every SH by the studio execpt 4 it is like that.
OP didn't say the end boss is your wife

>>53347915

Barbs repress their weak and feminine side pretty much every waking minute
>>
File: Harry.png (178KB, 286x833px) Image search: [Google]
Harry.png
178KB, 286x833px
>>53347979
What was Harry's deal then? He has no special past. He has no really major guilt or secrets. He' just an ordinary writer and widower trying to reunite with his daughter, who's his anchor in life.

Even Heather is the most interesting protag in the franchise for her fleshed out characterization as an ordinary teenage girl caught up in in the fucked up supernatural situation she's in, that she's specifically the reincarnation of Alessa[/psoiler] isn't actually that important.
>>
>>53347000
>Half-Elf Warlord|Oracle
Repressed? If anything she'd be confronted by incarnations of her inability to control them.

>Half-Elf Harbinger|Inquisitor
She's already got elder gods in the brain, so I'm not sure it could do anything to her.

>Human Wizard|Investigator
Probably repressed aggression or something.

>Human Monk|Cleric
All of those basic murderhobo desires he restrains himself from every day.
>>
>>53348493

Aren't things like the Puppet Nurse supposed to be Harry's fault?

>regrettably, I didn't play SH1
>>
>>53347000
I don't know how to deal with my incredibly high level of repressed annoyance at dealing with two loons, a metagamer, and an asshole. I just imagine all enemies will be bad parodies of my allies.
>>
>>53348637
No. Not at all. While the monsters in SH1 are manifestations from somebody's psyche, that's not aren't Harry's. They're Alessa's. Though with being a small child, they tend to be a bit more straight forward. The Puppet/Parasitic Nurses and Doctors seem to be more gorwn from her feelings constantly being stuck in Alchemia Hospital and distrust of the staff.
>>
>>53348796
*it's not Harry's.
>>
My players are murderhobos. They would yell over the depictions of what's going on with their brains and just attack everything in sight.

So we'd be basically playing House of the Dead.
>>
>>53347979
>Barbs repress their weak and feminine side pretty much every waking minute

No. That's a story weak people tell themselves about the strong, to feel better.

That's why they stay weak.
>>
>>53347129
Because it was a fairly original idea compared to "spooky cult summons evil things". It still holds up nowadays, spoopy cults are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>53347129
Because SH was always like that, even in SH1. SH2 didn't suddenly make this shit up.
>>
>>53352757
>diamond dozen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.