[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets make a map, TG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: map template.png (1MB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
map template.png
1MB, 1000x707px
This is an inhospitable wasteland, grid is about a day's journey, lets bit by bit make a vaguely functional map yo.

Don't bother with inhabitants for now, if this works out we'll do that in another thread. Feel free to change other peeps shit but let's not be That Cartographer.
>>
File: map template.png (1MB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
map template.png
1MB, 1000x707px
And here's a coastline to get us started
>>
>>53346541
There should be mountains. And a way station.
>>
File: wasteland_map.png (2MB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
wasteland_map.png
2MB, 1000x707px
Here you go OP. I figure each square oughta be a mile so maybe longer than a day's journey. What kind of setting is this, anyway?
>>
File: TheWasteland (12).pdf (423KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
TheWasteland (12).pdf
423KB, 1x1px
I know you said no inhabitants but if this is a post-apocalyptic setting I do have my personal setting which may contain factions you might like. I haven't mapped it yet but I'm saving the thread so I can have that texture to work with. Where'd you get it OP?
>>
>>53347975
Made it in GIMP by layering cloud renders of various colors and fucking with the layer settings. Found a square grid online and layer merged it so it wasn't too stark. I initially planned to use it as a grid map for tacticool combat shit, but figured it looks ok as a base for a map. Glad you like it, I put up the blank one first just in case someone like you came along... And for the free bump.

>>53347931
Some generic fantasy for Dungeon World, haven't actually got anything concrete yet. The "wasteland" is just a blank canvas, so anons can smear green in places and call it grasslands or what have you. Although we will lose the grid that way... I'll find a way to relay it on top at the end I guess
>>
>>53347931

Regarding scale, I have no idea really. I meant each square is a days journey under optional conditions. So getting straight across those northern mountains traveling east-west might take four days, since it's difficult travel accoss about 2 squares.
>>
i'm on mobile and have no capability of modifying the map but i think there should be an abandoned facility that was once responsible for creating plants and vegetation capable of thriving in the wasteland. since its abandonment it has become overrun by the fruit of the facility's labors and perhaps in the heart of the plant is a deranged vertumnus of sorts seeding a garden in which reside flowers spliced with human body parts a la adompha and his garden. if i could add it to the map i suppose it'd just be a blip of green covering a few of the squares, signifying the overgrown sylvan encroachment.

if the wasteland idea really is impermanent then disregard this entirely
>>
>>53347931
>Mile
>Longer than a days journey

Nigga what miles are you using? Longer than a day? Used to do some 20 mile hikes back to base after training missions on the last night and a 75 mile patrol with a lot of stops and missions lasting a bit over 2 days while in the army.
>>
File: MapFinished.png (4MB, 1672x1856px) Image search: [Google]
MapFinished.png
4MB, 1672x1856px
Here's one I made up a while back, I never used it. Keep it, use it
>>
File: Map 2.png (5MB, 1672x1856px) Image search: [Google]
Map 2.png
5MB, 1672x1856px
Here's a player version of said map.
>>
File: 1430923006422.jpg (15KB, 226x234px) Image search: [Google]
1430923006422.jpg
15KB, 226x234px
>>53353008
>>53353027
>>
>>53353219
Thank you, I blame the autism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.