[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SAWG/ Savage Worlds General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Savage_Worlds_General.png (488KB, 916x550px) Image search: [Google]
Savage_Worlds_General.png
488KB, 916x550px
Savage Worlds General Discussion: We exist!

>SW Books (Thanks Atomic Frog!)
mediafire path for books
= folder/o456wmkz6phtl/Books#g4jbcg5w649m8

>SW Unofficial Community Wiki
https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/

>SW Official Forum (CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR UPDATES)
http://www.pegforum.com/

The old thread is dead and the new thread is fertilized!

Opening Question: How often do you use the vehicle rules? My only experience was a very slow encounter where my players stopped a mook who had just gotten their van out of park. It rolled gently into a building.
>>
File: chick-on-bike.jpg (786KB, 1200x778px) Image search: [Google]
chick-on-bike.jpg
786KB, 1200x778px
>>53341808
Haven't fiddled with vehicles. Trying to figure-out a good way to integrate bikes and skateboards for... reasons.
>>
>>53341808

Yo the mediafire folder had a copyright strike and we can't download shit anymore, if you want to share the game you'll have to get another link
>>
>Start up a D&D 5e game
>Players come to me with character concepts that don't quite fit into archetypes but would work in Savage Worlds
I think I made a mistake.
>>
>>
>>53341808
I thought we agreed on /SVG/?

Anyways. is anyone looking for a GM for Savage Worlds?

My other games seem to have fallen apart, so I'm likely going to can them.
>>
Would Savage Worlds be a good system to run science-fantasy in?
>>
>>53348398
Sure.

What kind of game are you looking for? Are you building your own setting or do you have one in mind?
>>
>>53348854
It's a homebrewed setting that I made first with no particular system in mind and then tried applying one to it afterwards.

In a nutshell there's a world with "generic" fantasy races on it, fairly medieval in terms of technology. Some aspects of magic exist as well. Something happens that brings about a cataclysmic event, but a portion of the world is saved by highly advanced ancients that had fucked off to another dimension for 15,000 years, doing so with the assistance of extra-dimensional beings akin to demons.

In reality the fantasy races are all species that the ancients made through their scientific experimentation, and magic is actually a form of latent psionic capability that's more prominent in certain individuals (but can be switched on with gene therapy and the like).

The ancients have given all the primitive civilizations extremely high levels of tech with zero explanation on how to use it, and then fucked off with the "demons" to fight a third extra-dimensional threat that's akin to the Phyrexians who showed up when the remains of the planet was slipped into a preservation stasis inside another plane of existence.

t;dr: magic's really just latent psionics; most of the gods are just extremely advanced ancients; the fantasy races are the results of species alteration; and things are extra-dimensionally grimdark
>>
>>53349018
It would take some work, but Savage Worlds has rules for building everything from races/species to spells/powers and vehicles/items.

What kind of power levels are you looking at?
>>
>>53349343
The ancients themselves would be something akin to engineered gods, the pseudo-demons being similar though in the psionic sense and the spooky inter-dimensional invaders something that requires both of them to deal with.

Outside of that everything would be pretty tame level "fantasy" + technology such as flying ships, combination of ballistic/energy firearms, and bastardized industrialization
>>
>>53341808

Can someone please post the deluxe core rules for SW please ? the link provided by OP is dead
>>
>>53351349
http://nappychappy.net/bobworld
/S2P10014%20Savage%20Worlds%20Deluxe.pdf

This will set you on the right path.
>>
>>53351390

Ho ho ho thanks dawg ! I've been looking for this since forever !

Don't you happen to know where I could find more resources ?
>>
File: Delivered.jpg (73KB, 680x699px) Image search: [Google]
Delivered.jpg
73KB, 680x699px
>>53351402
Ask and ye shall receive.

Go to M-Fire DOT COM slash FOLDERS slash ko18jptnza760 slash RPG_STUFF hashMARK h4cn63f1qvy7b

Sorry it is worded oddly but I think you can figure it out Anon.
>>
>>53351502

Checked the link, some files are still there but some other have been deleted you might want to update things a bit
>>
Anyone check out Codex Infernus? Is it any good? I saw the spoiler for the cambion race and it doesn't feel strong.
>>
File: IMG_20170521_120726.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170521_120726.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
How do I calculate parry? Am on my first readthrough, I think I'm being dense but can't wrap my head around pic related examples. Starts with 2, and then what??
>>
>>53353088
Ugh, nevermind, just got it, hate numbers.
>>
>>53351961
It has some good stuff in there, Cambions are probably the weakest part of the book. Has everything you'd expect of demons and Hell: possessions, hellish/heavenly weapons, what happens if you go to Hell and come back, and a new Corruption system that works like Sanity/cyberware.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.